Exit Interviews - **Added Rob and Luc Interview from Today (5/6)**

Wow!
The CYA and spin was everywhere with the Luc and Rob press conference.

Luc and Rob running this team with their poor management, spin, and CYA is EARILLY if not exactly how Chris Klein and Jovan Kirovski ran the front office and acted over at Galaxy...and they ran the club into the ground after 10 years.

AEG (Danny B) had the audacity to sign Chris Klein to a new contract when he and the front office performed HORRIBLY for years when his contract was up at the end of 2022. The fans and supporters lost their collective minds, and boycotted the Galaxy. It took 3 months of a boycott, and fans not going to matches for AEG (Danny B) finally parting ways with Chris Klein.

Galaxy got a new president and GM from outside the organization, and the club is now back on track and performing well.
The club is back to their winning ways.

Kings fans.......AEG will do NOTHING, and will take the easy path so long as you keep giving them your $$$$.
Danny B and Uncle Phil don't really care about winning. Luc and Rob will stay in place so long as the fans don't care.

The common thread between AEG's two LA sports teams is Danny B. This guy does not care about winning.
He cares about $$$$. He is COMPLETELY fine with mediocrity so long as fans keep buying tickets, and merch.
If you don't like what you see with the team's direction, stop giving them your money.

Sidebar, Keven Baxter from the LA times telling Rob "So you're basically going to try to do the same thing and expect different results." THIS GUY KNOWS FROM EXPERIENCE EXACTLY WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE KINGS. In his eyes its history repeating itself with AEG once again.

Baxter is the Galaxy reporter for the Times, and he has covered them for years, and knew/knows how bad the front office was at Galaxy, and how Danny B. would do nothing. He covered the fan boycott and the ultimate firing of Chris Klein and the front office clean out as well. He knows Luc and Rob are basically Klein and Kirovski 2.0.

Luc sounded like he was quoting management 101 books.
I’m not sure what was expected from the media day yesterday.
It was just going to be boilerplate stuff if Blake was staying.

I thought it was perfunctory but I thought there was some decent info.
Sounded open to system changes.
Sounded like there is an appetite to give prospects a path.
Sounded like they are comfortable with the defensive end by quoting goals against, save percentage, etc.

The press conference wasn’t going to be news unless heads rolled.

The real questions are unanswerable until we get further into the off-season, like FA’s, Goalie, Coach.

People are expecting big news when it’s not possible to provide any breaking news yet. This is a process that has just begun.

I’m not sure what was expected from the media day yesterday.
It was just going to be boilerplate stuff if Blake was staying.

I thought it was perfunctory but I thought there was some decent info.
Sounded open to system changes.
Sounded like there is an appetite to give prospects a path.
Sounded like they are comfortable with the defensive end by quoting goals against, save percentage, etc.

The press conference wasn’t going to be news unless heads rolled.

The real questions are unanswerable until we get further into the off-season, like FA’s, Goalie, Coach.

People are expecting big news when it’s not possible to provide any breaking news yet. This is a process that has just begun.
Blake stating that GA improved, well freaking DUH!!!! Kings had no goaltending until after the deadline. Their 1-2 tandem was kicked to the curb, practically by some random dude from Alaska. One of those goalies was sent to the AHL, the other hetraded away the first chance he had.

So no Shyte!!!, the GA was better. FU, Rob Blake. FU!!!!! If that is what you think of us LA Kings fans. You think you can just come up with some BS and sugarcoat the situation? FU!!!!!

Last edited:
The press conference was 90% spin and 10% trust the plan. Not exactly encouraging.
It was even more cringy than that post-Coach Todd presser, and I didn't think that was possible.

Pure damage control...never admit a mistake...all is going-as-planned...I almost started laughing, except it was so predictable and pathetic.

200w.gif

I watched all the videos last night. I don’t know if I expected anything groundbreaking but there wasn’t. And what could they say? PLD took complete accountability while Blake & Luc seemed to take none. But none of it matters in a press conference. It has to be shown with the moves the team makes & with the play on the ice next season. Also, the media can’t be too harsh or they don’t get invited to these things. But they did come close to saying to Blake & Luc why should you guide this team when you’ve not had any real success.

I’m really interested in the Kaliyev situation. Based on Blake’s answer there’s got to be more to this story than we know. I don’t know who’s fault it is but you don’t just sit a guy like that for no good reason. But he’s a RFA so we’ll see if they qualify him.

I’m not sure if Hiller is coming back. Personally I have no problem with him & I think the players like him. But if there are changes to be made that’s one place to do it. It’s interesting that he hasn’t done an exit interview while Blake has. Which shows who’s job is in the air & who’s isn’t. To keep his job he’ll have to convince Blake that he could make changes on the ice.

I don’t remember if during the management interviews anyone asked about the salary cap. Some players mentioned being disappointed they couldn’t add players at the deadline but said they understood because of the cap. Blake should’ve been pressed more about his use of the cap & how it left them with no flexibility. I think next year the cap is going up $4 million but I’m not sure. But we’re also gaining $3 million from Kopi & maybe gaining $7 million if we don’t sign Roy & Arvidsson. That’s a lot of money but we’ve got a lot of holes. Again, they could talk all they want but we’ll see what they do.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom