PLD Buyout

I think they want to "win" as well, but they know their marching orders are profit over winning, and they are cool with it.
They can rebuild, partial-rebuild, re-work, shuffle, all they want, for years. If the fans keep contributing their $$$, Danny B. will keep them in their roles.

I also believe when it comes to "winning" Luc & Rob are doing a poor job, but they know that Danny B. does not judge them on the winning portion of their job performance, they are judged by the profit portion of their job performance, and the fans are helping them out immensely in that department.

If the fans don't care, neither does AEG.
I have no idea what you mean by "profit over winning." That doesn't stand up to the facts or make any sense.

Ownership is spending to the cap. Ticket prices are right in the middle of the pack in the NHL. McClellan was one of the highest paid coaches in the NHL and ownership gave the green light to fire him even though they know they will continue to have to pay him while paying another coach. I have no doubt Blake and Luc are also very well compensated and nowhere near the bottom of the league.

By far the most profitable thing for NHL franchises is home playoff games, which bring in sellouts at higher ticket prices while the team no longer has to pay player salaries. They are a cash cow. So the most profit would be had by spending well below the cap and getting a cheap coach while getting deep into the playoffs and cashing in on those home playoff games. The Kings are doing the exact opposite, and have been for a while. There's no shortage of things to complain about regarding this team's leadership, but cheap ownership sure ain't one of them.

That’s interesting. Cap Friendly shows 28-29 as the final year of the cap penalty.
Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 18-38-08 Mike Richards Contract Cap Hit Salary and Stats - CapFriendl...png

I have no idea what you mean by "profit over winning." That doesn't stand up to the facts or make any sense.

Ownership is spending to the cap. Ticket prices are right in the middle of the pack in the NHL. McClellan was one of the highest paid coaches in the NHL and ownership gave the green light to fire him even though they know they will continue to have to pay him while paying another coach. I have no doubt Blake and Luc are also very well compensated and nowhere near the bottom of the league.

By far the most profitable thing for NHL franchises is home playoff games, which bring in sellouts at higher ticket prices while the team no longer has to pay player salaries. They are a cash cow. So the most profit would be had by spending well below the cap and getting a cheap coach while getting deep into the playoffs and cashing in on those home playoff games. The Kings are doing the exact opposite, and have been for a while. There's no shortage of things to complain about regarding this team's leadership, but cheap ownership sure ain't one of them.
In all fairness, I believe you have spending and profit confused.

AEG will spend and spend and spend....so long as there is revenue/profit in the end.
However AEG will not spend and spend and spend, if there is no "profit".

Keep in mind, according to Forbes for 2023 the Kings are in the top 3 teams by revenue of NHL clubs (behind Edmonton #1 and Totonto #2). Make no mistake, playoffs or not, the Kings are top tier in terms of revenue, and I'm sure they are "profitable". (Sidenote Galaxy are #2 in revenue for MLS clubs)

At Galaxy, AEG was always the top or near the top in spending with Klein at the helm and they were mediocre at best for a decade. Fans kept spending their $$$ on a poorly managed, big spending, poorly constructed, and poor performing club.
AEG was making money, but not winning, and AEG did not care the least.

It's not that hard to understand when you look at both of AEG's LA professional teams. They are run in the same manner....(until recently....now Galaxy has top tier front office staff).. One only hopes they same may eventually happen at the Kings. Until then, Danny B. is fine with mediocre hockey.

Until the fans stop showing up on game day with their money, expect more of the same from Danny B.
There is zero incentive for him to make any changes.

In all fairness, I believe you have spending and profit confused.

AEG will spend and spend and spend....so long as there is revenue/profit in the end.
However AEG will not spend and spend and spend, if there is no "profit".

Keep in mind, according to Forbes for 2023 the Kings are in the top 3 teams by revenue of NHL clubs (behind Edmonton #1 and Totonto #2). Make no mistake, playoffs or not, the Kings are top tier in terms of revenue, and I'm sure they are "profitable". (Sidenote Galaxy are #2 in revenue for MLS clubs)

At Galaxy, AEG was always the top or near the top in spending with Klein at the helm and they were mediocre at best for a decade. Fans kept spending their $$$ on a poorly managed, big spending, poorly constructed, and poor performing club.
AEG was making money, but not winning, and AEG did not care the least.

It's not that hard to understand when you look at both of AEG's LA professional teams. They are run in the same manner....(until recently....now Galaxy has top tier front office staff).. One only hopes they same may eventually happen at the Kings. Until then, Danny B. is fine with mediocre hockey.

Until the fans stop showing up on game day with their money, expect more of the same from Danny B.
There is zero incentive for him to make any changes.
Yeah, we had discussed this yrs ago. Danny B is the ringleader. Stopped watching the galaxy yrs ago. Been watching la fc and wrexham.

PLD is having himself a tournament so far. After 3 games he’s #2 in scoring for Team Canada with 2 goals 2 assists 4 points. I’ve only watched the highlights but from what I’ve seen he’s playing wing on a line with John Tavares.
Those games where against Great Britain, Denmark and Norway (plus Austria since that post). I'll wait until the playoff rounds to heap any praise on PLD.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom