The Mayor thinks Rob Blake is returning as GM next season

Blake is staying. Confirmed via twitter today.

1715028578956.png

Blake? Meh whatever. The last part is much more interesting. Moving away from the 1-3-1 is actually giving me a ray of hope going into the off-season
This team is all about what they do in the offseason now. Who do they re-sign beyond QB (a must), which UFA(s) do they get or who do they trade for, who is the coach and what is the system. They've got players that want to fly but right now, they've all got clipped wings. I wonder if we aren't drastically improved come training camp, does Doughty ask for a trade...he's made it clear he's not interested in another rebuild or continuing to flounder.

Right now I'm like "BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!"
Once training camp is around the corner and the season is going to start again... I'll be like "Yay Kongs!!" (Even if we suck.)

Just how it goes I guess.

This team is all about what they do in the offseason now. Who do they re-sign beyond QB (a must), which UFA(s) do they get or who do they trade for, who is the coach and what is the system. They've got players that want to fly but right now, they've all got clipped wings. I wonder if we aren't drastically improved come training camp, does Doughty ask for a trade...he's made it clear he's not interested in another rebuild or continuing to flounder.
I don't think we will rebuild. Flounder is a possibility.

It sounds like AEG will let his contract run out and evaluate then. This outcome aligns with my general feeling that AEG is OK with mediocrity and the atmosphere in the front office as long as the team fills Crypto and makes the playoffs. We're not terrible by any stretch-- we're just stuck in the mushy middle with limited upside.

Hiller coming back tracks with not letting a lame-duck GM hire someone new and then you have to fire that person and pay even more severance to fired coaches.

This outcome makes me wonder about the outcomes hinted at after Todd was fired in February.
“I fully understand the repercussions if this team does not win or have success,” Blake said at a news conference Monday, his first public comments since he fired McLellan last Friday.
Apparently not many repercussions... I hope Blake has an amazing summer for all of our sakes.

Someone mentioned signing Dakota Joshua as a free agent and I’m 100% behind it. He’s a bottom six winger coming off a career year but his size and play style on the bottom six makes a lot of sense. Also adding him means you can afford to move on from Englund as an every day D-man. Hopefully replacing him with someone who can move the puck up the ice cleanly.

Blake? Meh whatever. The last part is much more interesting. Moving away from the 1-3-1 is actually giving me a ray of hope going into the off-season.
Who's making the decision that they're moving away from the 1-3-1??? The GM? Shouldn't it be, you know, the coach? Or at least the coach together with the GM?

Who's making the decision that they're moving away from the 1-3-1??? The GM? Shouldn't it be, you know, the coach? Or at least the coach together with the GM?
Rob said they will look into it, not that it was for sure. Said that Hiller has things he wants to change and has a different plan, RB and Team will listen to that and decide to keep Hiller as HC, or look elsewhere.

As soon as the Kings made the playoffs, win or lose, I was convinced that Blake had secure his ongoing reign of terror, lol. 😩

Which one of these guys get you excited about moving away from a defensive style of hockey?

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 4.01.21 PM.png

Negatives:
-Didn't see anything that stood out as being Hiller's impact on the team system (appeared to strongly ride what McLellan has put in place)
I don’t get this take. Hiller didn’t have the luxury of making anything other than tweaks.

Now that it’s becoming clear that Blake, Luc & PLD are staying, let’s hope they get a little more agressive in their system. The league got faster while they stood around in their 1-3-1 watching them skate right by. They need to up the forechecking and let the creative guys show what they can be. Watching them get schooled by the Oilers again this year was too much to take. I hope took some lessons away from this year. But they’ve proven to be stubborn in the past. We will see what they come up with

Stars were the #3 scoring team in the league. Averaged over 3.5 goals per game. #8 goals allowed.

The remaining teams + goals scored rank:
Dallas 3rd
Colorado 1st

Vancouver 6th
Edmonton 4th

NYR 7th
Carolina 8th

Florida 11th
Boston 13th

The Kings were 16th and 3rd in goals allowed. How’d they do? Winnipeg was 15th and 1st in goals allowed. How’d they do? Having an effective offense isn’t just about scoring 4 or 5 goals a game. Sometimes it’s the difference between scoring 1 goal and 2.
What is your point?

Back
Top Bottom