PDA

View Full Version : Lakers 2009-2010 Playoff thread.

FlyinKIng
April 18th, 2010, 01:22 PM
The quest begins for a back-to-back. Bynum in the lineup.

Go Lakers!!

TooCool
April 18th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Very solid game by Bynum and Gasol so far. Artest is doing a great job on Durant.

FlyinKIng
April 18th, 2010, 03:36 PM
A little bit of a let down here in the 4th.

TooCool
April 18th, 2010, 03:46 PM
A little bit of a let down here in the 4th.

Yeah, some of the offensive plays they ran were plain stupid.

I have to admit though.. aside from Bynum tearing it up early this was one of the most boring Laker playoff games in a long time. Maybe it's just the team they're playing.. I hope Game 2 will be better.

VEGASKING
April 19th, 2010, 12:49 AM
Bynum is so huge. Makes the defense better, makes the offense better and makes the bench better.

I don't know what the deal with the offense is. Pau and Drew dominate inside in the 1st quarter in pretty much every game and for the final 3 quarters they completely go away from them. When Kobe shoots 50% it's okay but when he goes 6-19 the games are a lot closer than they should be. I wish he'd realize that on his off nights and give them more touches.

FlyinKIng
April 20th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Mark Fukazaki from Chan 7 wants the Laker fans to be louder than the Kings fans last night! Hahaha. Good luck, going to a Laker game is a social meeting not an event.

TooCool
April 29th, 2010, 09:33 PM
It is so good to see Dallas get eliminated in the 1st round!

Hoya
May 2nd, 2010, 04:41 PM
Kobe takes over late as Lakers rally to beat Jazz in Game 1 after wasting lead - ESPN Los Angeles (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/recap?gameId=300502013)

borinka99
May 3rd, 2010, 12:52 AM
I have missed this Kobe!

TooCool
May 3rd, 2010, 09:53 AM
I don't quite understand how our bench (which is the same as last years team) is 5 times more terrible this time around. For an amazing team, I think we have the crappiest bench in all of the NBA. (I'm not including Odom)

FlyinKIng
May 3rd, 2010, 10:25 AM
I don't quite understand how our bench (which is the same as last years team) is 5 times more terrible this time around. For an amazing team, I think we have the crappiest bench in all of the NBA. (I'm not including Odom)

I agree with you TC. Thank God the playoffs aren't as rough as last year, minus OKC. They will coast into the Finals.
Posted via Mobile Device

borinka99
May 3rd, 2010, 05:12 PM

A better question is, why would Phil put in 4 subs + Bynum at the start of the 4th quarter.

Hoya
May 4th, 2010, 11:59 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/26/fullj.243db06010a9e8dd8a073c369c5e0e4f/243db06010a9e8dd8a073c369c5e0e4f-getty-98621663ab028_jazz_lakers.jpg

TooCool
May 5th, 2010, 08:54 AM
A better question is, why would Phil put in 4 subs + Bynum at the start of the 4th quarter.

That's a good point. I never quite understood that either. >_<

TooCool
May 10th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Going for the sweep tonight. =D

Diehard
May 11th, 2010, 02:00 AM
So it'll be Lakers-Suns in the WCF. And all this time I thought we were gonna see this:

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9555/1270718752462.jpg

TooCool
May 11th, 2010, 09:23 AM
So it'll be Lakers-Suns in the WCF. And all this time I thought we were gonna see this:

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9555/1270718752462.jpg

Haha. Love the pic.

The Suns are like the Thunder. I'm not worried.

Hoya
May 20th, 2010, 02:20 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CqDk4jAv_Y4/S_Ijc52GNeI/AAAAAAAADPY/qLUxsQnMs4U/s1600/08.jpg

TooCool
May 21st, 2010, 04:55 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CqDk4jAv_Y4/S_Ijc52GNeI/AAAAAAAADPY/qLUxsQnMs4U/s1600/08.jpg

Weird..

Isn't it easier to just put the Sparks hardwood floor? Their 3 point line is different than the NBA. Same thing for their paint color in the key and stuff.. odd.

VEGASKING
May 21st, 2010, 05:48 AM
http://i49.tinypic.com/30uea1k.jpg

Hoya
May 21st, 2010, 07:55 AM
Weird..

Isn't it easier to just put the Sparks hardwood floor? Their 3 point line is different than the NBA. Same thing for their paint color in the key and stuff.. odd.

It's a joke?

TooCool
May 21st, 2010, 05:09 PM
It's a joke?

Oh my bad. :18smile:

Drunken Crunker
May 26th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Steve Nash is a hockey player disguised as a Phoenix Sun.

TooCool
May 29th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Buck Foston.

Revenge coming up!

gosha25
June 1st, 2010, 11:59 PM
Buck Foston.

Revenge coming up!

That's what I'm talkin' about, Mel! BUCK FOSTON!

We actually just did another run of 100 shirts. For anyone interested in gearing up, check'em out here:

BUCK FOSTON Shirt - Represent your hate for Boston! (http://www.buckfostonshirt.com/)

TooCool
June 2nd, 2010, 09:27 AM
That's what I'm talkin' about, Mel! BUCK FOSTON!

We actually just did another run of 100 shirts. For anyone interested in gearing up, check'em out here:

BUCK FOSTON Shirt - Represent your hate for Boston! (http://www.buckfostonshirt.com/)

13 bucks each? Nice. How much for shipping? *Curious*

gosha25
June 3rd, 2010, 12:39 AM
13 bucks each? Nice. How much for shipping? *Curious*

I think we have it set at $3.99? Same total price for multiple shirts as well

Diehard
June 3rd, 2010, 10:18 PM
Nice win tonight, Lakers' defense and rebounding were outstanding

Also, thought this was funny

http://i45.tinypic.com/2j5dmbs.gif

VEGASKING
June 4th, 2010, 12:23 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/2wpo3fr.jpg

gosha25
June 4th, 2010, 03:35 AM
On the same level as

http://www.gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=207123 (http://www.gifsoup.com/view/207123/matt-barnes-vs-kobe-bryant.html)

Kobe Bryant. Mad stoic.

TooCool
June 4th, 2010, 03:46 AM
1 down. 3 to go. :)

TONGA
June 4th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Basketball players are pansies... 2 off days with no travel?

**** em

redxalonso
June 6th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Odom needs to wake up or the Lakers are done.

VEGASKING
June 7th, 2010, 02:34 AM
Those were the two worst officiated games I've seen in a long time. They couldn't even get a call right when they went to instant replay.

Allen only scores 5 in the second half, Pierce and KG go 4-16, Pau and Drew both score 20+ and the team shoots 41 free throws and you still lose this game? Terrible.

TooCool
June 7th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Those were the two worst officiated games I've seen in a long time. They couldn't even get a call right when they went to instant replay.

No doubt about it. It was extremely terrible.

What the **** is the point of instant replay in the final 2 minutes of the 4th quarter and OT if you're not going to overturn the call DESPITE what the video clearly shows? It seemed like the refs "reviewed" it but then huddled up and stuck with their blown call anyway.

Kobe got hit with 2 phantom fouls that kept him on the bench. Allen flopping because Kobe was going to school him and Rondo falling out of bounds himself.

I'll admit... Garnett got stuck with some awful touch calls as well but he was a huge non factor offensively even when he did play.

Allen only scores 5 in the second half, Pierce and KG go 4-16, Pau and Drew both score 20+ and the team shoots 41 free throws and you still lose this game? Terrible.

It was so frustrating when the Lakers refused to play defense on Allen in the 1st half. Look what happened in the 2nd half when you actually guard the damn guy. He only scores 5 points. Thankfully though, good shooter or not.. he is not going to drain 7 three-pointers in a row again, ever.

I hated how the Lakers went away from Bynum in the 4th. The Lakers were able to get a lot of Boston's bigs in foul trouble. Why go away from that?

As for Rondo, he outworked everyone tonight. Some of the rebounds he got though.. talk about being at the right place at the right time. The ball just happened to find him immediately once it hit off the rim. Ridiculous. Kobe needs to stop BSing and guard the damn guy.

And a super minor gripe... there was one situation where the Celtics almost had a 8 second backcourt violation rule. I know the coaches can call timeout now, but they should not be allowed to run to the center of the court to do so.

Cross Traffic
June 8th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Geez, the instant replay rule is STUPID. Can they make these games any longer? How does Dan Crawford get a finals assignment? He has been horrible for years.

redxalonso
June 9th, 2010, 01:56 AM
Rajon who?

Great ugly win in game 3 by the Lakers

TooCool
June 14th, 2010, 12:13 PM
BUCK FOSTON! Lakers in 7.

FlyinKIng
June 14th, 2010, 01:00 PM
BUCK FOSTON! Lakers in 7.

This!!

VEGASKING
June 15th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Boston sucks!

TooCool
June 15th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Great win. I was telling my co-workers today that the Lakers needed a blowout win for all the momentum going into Game 7.

BUCK FOSTON!

Fisticuffs82
June 16th, 2010, 11:40 AM
YouTube - Shannon Brown Crazy Dunks Game 6 2010 NBA Finals

:shocked2:

YouTube - Amazing Slam

wow:

TooCool
June 16th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Shannon Brown can fly. It's pretty insane.

Game 7.. gotta keep driving to the basket. We seem to have an easy time doing that. :)

VEGASKING
June 16th, 2010, 12:41 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s122/em0phobic/46057e66.gif

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s122/em0phobic/ef2f9307.gif

VCRW
June 17th, 2010, 07:20 PM
I sure hope the refs aren't gonna let the Celtics grab and hack all night. If it's a WWE wrestling match, Boston will win.

VEGASKING
June 17th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Are these guys ****ing serious with this ****? 26.5% at halftime.

Claw21
June 17th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Pau looks like he's playing volleyball.

VCRW
June 17th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Hard to watch Kobe and Gasol shooting the team out of the game. Try passing the ball, please.

VCRW
June 17th, 2010, 10:02 PM
What an amazing 4th quarter! Watching the Lakers take the title from a New York hotel room was simply a thing of beauty. Go L.A.!!!

The tour I'm on plays at the TD Garden in Boston this weekend. I'll be struttin' my stuff for sure.

CHARAzard
June 17th, 2010, 10:39 PM
The tour I'm on plays at the TD Garden in Boston this weekend. I'll be struttin' my stuff for sure.

Kings stuff or Lakers stuff?

VEGASKING
June 17th, 2010, 10:53 PM
One of the worst games in nba history but I'll take it.

TooCool
June 17th, 2010, 11:50 PM
One of the worst games in nba history but I'll take it.

Absolutely terrible game to watch for sure.

You could tell the refs were absolutely ridiculous with their calls in the 1st half by trying to keep the game as close as possible.

Even commentary team had the balls to call them out by saying things like, "There is a difference between letting them play and fouling, and that was clearly a foul".

Really bad FG shooting and FT. The Free Throws pissed me off the most. We don't have Shaq on the team anymore, so why is everyone shooting like him?

The last Boston play really confused me. Why on earth would they run the play for Rondo (Ray Allen was no where near the 3 point line or the ball). But who cares. I'll take it.

BUCK FOSTON!!!!!!!!!

11 Rings for Phil Jackson. That is amazing.

Diehard
June 17th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Back to back Champions mother****ers!!!!

King Taco
June 18th, 2010, 12:46 AM
Wow. Horrible game. The referees are an absolute joke.

I'll take it. I hate the Patriots and the Celtics. **** Boston! Go Lakers!
Posted via Mobile Device

Doug Fresh
June 18th, 2010, 02:13 AM
- The absolute worst Game 7 EVER PLAYED IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS!

- Pau had his MVP award hijacked.

- Kobe should buy a ****ing car for each and every Laker player for bailing his ass out of this one!

- Piss on Boston! Those bastards have been living quite the charmed life in sports over the last ten years. I'm not the biggest of Laker fans anymore, because of Kobe and his BS, but...PISS. ON. BOSTON!

- EDIT: One more thing...Derek Fisher does not get the credit he rightfully deserves. Too bad ABC continues to swing from the nutsack of Kobe Bryant in trying to overdevelop his "legacy to the game" and creating this false debate on whether Kobe is better than Michael Jordan. Puh-leeeeze!!!!! I was never a Jordan fan, but MJ is still better than Kobe - and even a sixth title may not bring him that much closer to him. Kobe has needed big man help on, at least, three titles (w/Shaq), maybe even this one, too (Gasol). MJ had who? Bill Cartwright? Edge: Jordan.

Watti
June 18th, 2010, 09:35 AM
I got so excited I burned my own car to the ground. :good:

Fisticuffs82
June 18th, 2010, 12:45 PM
- The absolute worst Game 7 EVER PLAYED IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS!I don't see this, I see this as one of the greatest NBA Finals games ever played. Listening to the radio and reading articles this morning, most "basketball gurus" do as well. This was the two heavyweights of the NBA going at and playing some of the best defense in one game we will ever see. I thought it was pretty epic, just because there wasn't a 100+ points scored and Kobe didn't hit his AVERAGE of 30 points doesn't have to mean this was a terrible game...

- Pau had his MVP award hijacked.You are joking right? This was not even close, if the Lakers would have lost, he might have been the first player since Jerry West in '69 to win this trophy on the losing team in the finals. But we won't have to worry about that. Just because he didn't have the best shooting night of his career, don't let that fool you. He made up for that with 15 rebounds as a guard made clutch plays at the end and clutch free throws as well, you don't get free throws by just standing around.

- Kobe should buy a ****ing car for each and every Laker player for bailing his ass out of this one!I'm sure he actually does buy all his guys something after every season. Bailing his ass out? Really? And what about those guys, should they be buying him something because if he wasn't on this team, the Lakers are an 8th seed at best? Only fair right?

- Piss on Boston! Those bastards have been living quite the charmed life in sports over the last ten years. I'm not the biggest of Laker fans anymore, because of Kobe and his BS, but...PISS. ON. BOSTON!Typical Kobe hater and yes, piss on Beantown.

- EDIT: One more thing...Derek Fisher does not get the credit he rightfully deserves. Too bad ABC continues to swing from the nutsack of Kobe Bryant in trying to overdevelop his "legacy to the game" and creating this false debate on whether Kobe is better than Michael Jordan. Puh-leeeeze!!!!! I was never a Jordan fan, but MJ is still better than Kobe - and even a sixth title may not bring him that much closer to him. Kobe has needed big man help on, at least, three titles (w/Shaq), maybe even this one, too (Gasol). MJ had who? Bill Cartwright? Edge: Jordan.You might be right about Fish getting 'ALL' of the credit he deserves but he does indeed get a lot of it. Is it Kobe's fault that "they" make him the face of the Lakers and maybe even the NBA? Listen to Kobe's interview's rarely does he not mention D. Fish or "The Spaniard" as he calls Pau. And again, is it Kobe's fault that they compare him to MJ? Ask Kobe or listen to interviews, he says every time that Jordan is the best basketball player, hands down.

And Jordan did have good players surrounding him: the first three championship teams included the likes of Bill Cartwright, Horace Grant, John Paxson and B.J. Armstrong, while the latter three championship teams had Luc Longley, Steve Kerr, Ron Harper, Toni Kukoč and Dennis Rodman on the roster. All six of those championship teams were led by Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen and coach Phil Jackson.

And I too think Jordan has the edge as of right now but? Kobe is 31! Add another title and another MVP like season, then I think there is a legitimate argument, even though there already is one right now. /end rantage.

rinkrat
June 18th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Ron Artest -- The Ultimate Vodka Shower | TMZ.com (http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/18/ron-artest-los-angeles-lakers-vodka-grey-goose-photo-picture-celebration/)

rinkrat
June 18th, 2010, 03:25 PM
http://www.twithear.com/playaudio.php?AHu0QuZnMdRhUU,iiim1IPsuBy268k24X4cH jyn7V0zo3XKseYaMjw//bl01

Kobe with Jim Rome

SmytheKing
June 18th, 2010, 08:02 PM
I don't see this, I see this as one of the greatest NBA Finals games ever played. Listening to the radio and reading articles this morning, most "basketball gurus" do as well. This was the two heavyweights of the NBA going at and playing some of the best defense in one game we will ever see. I thought it was pretty epic, just because there wasn't a 100+ points scored and Kobe didn't hit his AVERAGE of 30 points doesn't have to mean this was a terrible game...
You are joking right? This was not even close, if the Lakers would have lost, he might have been the first player since Jerry West in '69 to win this trophy on the losing team in the finals. But we won't have to worry about that. Just because he didn't have the best shooting night of his career, don't let that fool you. He made up for that with 15 rebounds as a guard made clutch plays at the end and clutch free throws as well, you don't get free throws by just standing around.
I'm sure he actually does buy all his guys something after every season. Bailing his ass out? Really? And what about those guys, should they be buying him something because if he wasn't on this team, the Lakers are an 8th seed at best? Only fair right?
Typical Kobe hater and yes, piss on Beantown.
You might be right about Fish getting 'ALL' of the credit he deserves but he does indeed get a lot of it. Is it Kobe's fault that "they" make him the face of the Lakers and maybe even the NBA? Listen to Kobe's interview's rarely does he not mention D. Fish or "The Spaniard" as he calls Pau. And again, is it Kobe's fault that they compare him to MJ? Ask Kobe or listen to interviews, he says every time that Jordan is the best basketball player, hands down.

And Jordan did have good players surrounding him: the first three championship teams included the likes of Bill Cartwright, Horace Grant, John Paxson and B.J. Armstrong, while the latter three championship teams had Luc Longley, Steve Kerr, Ron Harper, Toni Kukoč and Dennis Rodman on the roster. All six of those championship teams were led by Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen and coach Phil Jackson.

And I too think Jordan has the edge as of right now but? Kobe is 31! Add another title and another MVP like season, then I think there is a legitimate argument, even though there already is one right now. /end rantage.

Man, does he sing you to sleep at night too Vanessa?

K 4 L
June 18th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Let me make this simple...

Kobe Bryant is the greatest Laker of all time, and leading scorer in Laker history...

Kobe Bryant will have more titles than Michael Jordan when he retires...

Period. Who's better, MJ or Kobe? No one will ever know.

SuxBeingU
June 18th, 2010, 09:18 PM
the game has changed so much it impossible to say who the best player EVER is. Kobe is clearly the best player now and a top 3 or 4 all time for the Lakers.
For my money Magic, Kareem, West all have to be in the conversation and possibly Baylor

redxalonso
June 18th, 2010, 09:29 PM
It's asinine for anyone to suggest Kobe isn't worthy of beingcompared to Jordan just because Kobe didn't win without Shaq or Pau.

Toni Kukoc was one of the most difficult players to match up against when he was in his prime. Dennis Rodman was more dominant on the defensive end and rebounding than most centers in the league.

As for Pippen, who on this Laker team is as good as Pippen? Lamar Odom? Not even close.

Also, there is a reason why Horace Grant was signed by the Lakers to help them win a championship.

SmytheKing
June 18th, 2010, 10:08 PM
It's asinine for anyone to suggest Kobe isn't worthy of beingcompared to Jordan just because Kobe didn't win without Shaq or Pau.

Toni Kukoc was one of the most difficult players to match up against when he was in his prime. Dennis Rodman was more dominant on the defensive end and rebounding than most centers in the league.

As for Pippen, who on this Laker team is as good as Pippen? Lamar Odom? Not even close.

Also, there is a reason why Horace Grant was signed by the Lakers to help them win a championship.

Nothing wrong with comparing them. It's just that Jordan was a step above Kobe. It doesn't mean Kobe sucks or anything. Gretzky was better than Lemieux for my money, but that doesn't diminish anything that Lemieux accomplished. So Kobe isn't the best shooting guard of all time. Whoopee.

Diehard
June 18th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Man, does he sing you to sleep at night too Vanessa?

wow, that's original lol

haters are never gonna be happy, I'm just gonna soak in our 2nd title victory in a row

SmytheKing
June 19th, 2010, 12:03 AM
wow, that's original lol

haters are never gonna be happy, I'm just gonna soak in our 2nd title victory in a row

Dude, I'm thrilled about them winning again. What do you mean happy? That I don't like Kobe so I must be upset about them winning? Hell no. In fact, it couldn't have been any better. He has a horrible game and they STILL win? It was perfect.

rinkrat
June 21st, 2010, 08:30 PM
Marijuana lollipops for sale on Lakers parade route | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/06/marijuana-lollipops-for-sale-on-lakers-parade-route.html)

rinkrat
July 1st, 2010, 03:14 PM
A week after saying he was "leaning toward retiring," the Lakers' coach said he would return for his 11th season with the franchise.

LA Times

FlyinKIng
July 1st, 2010, 03:35 PM
Confirmed. It's a great day!! Come on Dean jump on that train.

Phil Jackson will return to coach the Lakers - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-adv-phil-jackson-returns-20100715,0,1362546.story)

FlyinKIng
July 1st, 2010, 03:44 PM
Let me make this simple...

Kobe Bryant is the greatest Laker of all time, and leading scorer in Laker history...

Kobe Bryant will have more titles than Michael Jordan when he retires...

Period. Who's better, MJ or Kobe? No one will ever know.

The greatest player, Magic then Kobe. Greatest all -time Laker.....Chick Hearn. By far.

TooCool
July 12th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Jordan Farmar to the Nets. 3 years - 12 Million total. =o

borinka99
July 12th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Jordan Farmar to the Nets. 3 years - 12 Million total. =o
Good riddance. Enjoy the Nets.

FlyinKIng
July 12th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Lakers also passing on Shannon Brown, can't seem to cut and paste the blog on the Lakers website from my EVO
Posted via Mobile Device

Fisticuffs82
July 12th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Derek Fisher Will Not Be Taking His Talents to South Beach - Silver Screen and Roll (http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2010/7/12/1566080/derek-fisher-will-not-be-taking)

According to ESPN Los Angeles, it's a three-year deal, with the third year at Fisher's option.

At the end of the day, there's one person I could not turn away from. Kobe Bryant asked me to stay but supported whatever decision I made. He and I have played together for 11 seasons, came into the league together as kids, and has been loyal to me even when others had doubts. We have won five championships together. . . . I have decided to continue with Kobe, continue with our teammates and the fans of Los Angeles. While this may not be the most lucrative contract I've been offered this off season, it is the most valuable. I am confident I will continue to lead this team on and off the court. Let the hunt for six begin.

FlyinKIng
July 12th, 2010, 08:42 PM
He deserves to retire a Laker, and I'm glad Buss did the right thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fisticuffs82
July 15th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Free-agent buzz: L.A. nears deal with Brown:
Free-agent buzz: L.A. nears deal with Brown - NBA - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ao47qxv1w6yyH2ToSUFSLwK8vLYF?slug=ys-freeagentbuzz071410)

With Raja Bell choosing to sign with the Utah Jazz, guard Shannon Brown has moved closer to re-signing with the Los Angeles Lakers, his agent told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday night.

Lakers general manager ?Mitch [Kupchak] and I have been talking and we?re getting there on something,? said Brown?s agent, Mark Bartelstein.

Brown, 24, played 82 games for the Lakers, and averaged a career-high 8.1 points and 20 minutes last season.

? Adrian Wojnarowski, 12:39 a.m. ET, July 15

Fisticuffs82
July 22nd, 2010, 03:09 PM
Barnes considers signing with Lakers - NBA - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AiVkyBa7Qa2E7oNDgv_aDWq8vLYF?slug=ys-barneslakers072210)

The Cavaliers are offering as much as a three-year deal that starts around $3.5 million a season, but Barnes wants more money if he?s going to sign with a non-championship contender, sources said. Barnes would take a $1.7 million deal to join the Lakers.

Barnes averaged 8.8 points and 5.5 rebounds in 81 games last season for the Magic.

C-DUB
July 22nd, 2010, 09:50 PM
Barnes is now a Laker, this bench is really rounding into shape!

NBA.com: Barnes roulette wheel ends on Lakers (http://www.nba.com/news/features/aldridge.2010.freeagency/?ls=iref:nbahpt1#BarnesLakers)

VEGASKING
July 22nd, 2010, 11:07 PM
Theo Ratliff also signed today. Another good defensive player.

Fisticuffs82
July 23rd, 2010, 10:35 AM
Barnes is now a Laker, this bench is really rounding into shape!

Theo Ratliff also signed today. Another good defensive player.

Ratliff and Barnes Are Joining the Lake Show - Silver Screen and Roll (http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2010/7/22/1583405/ratliff-and-barnes-are-joining-the)

It's been an active day for Mitch Kupchak and his efforts to shore up the Lakers' bench. First came news that Theo Ratliff signed a one-year deal to fill the role played by D.J. Mbenga last year. The 37-year-old Ratliff will make the veteran's minimum of $1.37 million. A couple hours later, Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski reported that Matt Barnes has agreed to join the Lakers on a two-year, $3.6 million deal. Barnes could've made almost twice that amount if he'd signed with the Cavaliers, but the man wanted to play for a contender and was willing to take a discount for that privilege.

FlyinKIng
July 23rd, 2010, 10:42 AM
Gotta love how ESPN has mentioned LeBron 3 x's so far and the Lakers , or the 2 signings yesterday, not once.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brandon
July 23rd, 2010, 02:00 PM
Gotta love how ESPN has mentioned LeBron 3 x's so far and the Lakers , or the 2 signings yesterday, not once.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nice setup for when El BJ gets bounced in the playoffs yet again. He's already foolishly put pressure on himself and the team claiming they'll win 7 titles. I doubt they get passed Boston, but it'd be awesome to see the Lakers tear them to pieces.

Fisticuffs82
August 4th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Lakers-Heat have a Christmas date - CBSSports.com (http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/23627555)

FlyinKIng
August 4th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Now Shaq's a green man. He will never has his jersey retired for us.

SmytheKing
August 4th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Now Shaq's a green man. He will never has his jersey retired for us.

Except that he will.

FlyinKIng
August 4th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Except that he will.

As much as Buss hates the celtics, nope, not gonna happen. Blake has a better chance at the wall.

SmytheKing
August 4th, 2010, 03:31 PM
As much as Buss hates the celtics, nope, not gonna happen. Blake has a better chance at the wall.

Blake didn't do 1/100th as a King as Shaq did as a Laker. If Buss feels that strongly about it, he better start removing those banners from 2000-2003 then.

Fisticuffs82
August 5th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Shannon Brown to sign two-year deal with Lakers | Lakers Blog | Los Angeles Times (http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2010/08/shannon-brown-to-sign-twoyear-deal-with-lakers.html)

Lakers free agent guard Shannon Brown has agreed to a two-year contract worth about $4.6 million to stay with the team, his agent, Mark Bartelstein, said Thursday.

Fisticuffs82
August 23rd, 2010, 12:16 PM
Happy Birthday, Kobe | player, high, nba - Sports - The Orange County Register (http://www.ocregister.com/sports/player-263215-high-nba.html)

Thirty-two years ago a star was born.

That star would grow up and learn how to dribble and shoot a basketball. He would shine as a high school player at Lower Merion High in Philadelphia, skip college and head right to the pro ranks.

As he matured and grew stronger, his determination would burn brightly and his dominance shine on NBA courts from Los Angeles to New York, from Seattle to Florida and to strange lands overseas. He would own five NBA titles and an Olympic gold medal before he turned 32 years old.

That player is Kobe Bryant, who celebrates his birthday today.

For a trip down memory lane, click on the photos.

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/21920616769

Happy 32nd Birthday to the @Lakers Kobe Bryant!

rinkrat
September 9th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Lakers' Matt Barnes arrested for domestic violence - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-matt-barnes-20100910,0,454192.story)

VEGASKING
September 9th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Ron Artest's championship ring is for sale, inquire for price - Ball Don't Lie - NBA - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Ron-Artest-s-championship-ring-is-for-sale-inqu?urn=nba-268518)

and from yesterday

Ron Artest lives his life a quarter-mile at a time - Ball Don't Lie - NBA - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Ron-Artest-lives-his-life-a-quarter-mile-at-a-ti?urn=nba-268154)

Fisticuffs82
September 24th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Phil Jackson Preseason Presser at Lakers.com BasketBlog (http://my.lakers.com/blogs/2010/09/24/phil-jackson-preseason-presser/)

Fisticuffs82
September 24th, 2010, 04:23 PM
LAKERS: Lakers Sign Four Players to Training Camp Roster (http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/100924lakerssignfour.html)

TooCool
October 7th, 2010, 09:32 AM
We're going to need a 2010-2011 regular season thread for our back-to-back champions Lakers. :)