PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles Lakers 2010-2011 Regular Season Thread

TooCool
October 26th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Season opener tonight against the Rockets!

Ring Ceremony taking place during halftime.

Can't wait to see the new championship banner up at Staples!

FlyinKIng
October 26th, 2010, 12:04 PM
The quest for 6 begins!!!

TooCool
October 26th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Miami loses to Boston on opening night. I hate the Celtics to hell and back, but good job Boston.

Brandon
October 26th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Miami just has too many holes down low. Chris Bosh is as soft as gets, and the rest of the 4's and 5's are just a bunch of stiffs. Going to take a few years for them to fix that. Boston had a field day inside.

TooCool
October 26th, 2010, 08:45 PM
"Bill might be his father but Luke is my son." :lol:

Very nice ring ceremony. I thought it was gonna take place during halftime, guess I heard wrong.

Can't help but notice that the Lakers cover up the bottom of the new jumbotron where the little screens are. I guess the players prefer to look at the big screen where from their angle, will make the picture look pink/purple.

VEGASKING
October 26th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Brown and Blake with some huge shots and a great game by Lamar.

TooCool
November 4th, 2010, 09:12 AM
5-0 :woot:

Suck it Kings! Sacramento Kings that is. :)

Brandon
November 5th, 2010, 09:46 PM
58-55 TOR

****, signature sleepwalking lakers.

TooCool
November 29th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Losing to the Pacers at home.. :facepalm:

On the bright side, Miami is 9-8.

TooCool
January 18th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Any of you Laker fans find it hilarious how the media is hyping up the Clips and talking about how they're the most exciting thing to see in L.A.?

I mean, I'm happy for the Clippers "success" even though they're still 10 games under .500. But this will always be a Laker town no matter what.

UnderPressure
January 18th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Any of you Laker fans find it hilarious how the media is hyping up the Clips and talking about how they're the most exciting thing to see in L.A.?

I mean, I'm happy for the Clippers "success" even though they're still 10 games under .500. But this will always be a Laker town no matter what.

Most of the hype is coming from insecure Laker homers like John Ireland. If you've listened to his show in the last two days, he's been babbling about Griffin coming to the Lakers when he becomes a free agent because he thinks the Lakers have the authority to get any player they want. No one is saying LA isn't gonna be a Laker town anymore. But the truth is, Kobe is getting old and Laker fans are already looking for a replacement. And Bynum sure isn't that one.

As a Clipper fan, I'm just loving the fact that this team is getting some recognition.

Luc SkyBomba
January 20th, 2011, 12:45 AM

i think it's more hilarious how we beat the heat AND the lakers in the same week. and on top of that all the laker fans are talking about is when blake is a free agent and they think they can sign him when kobe retires.

PS - we won again

PSS - lakers lost again

Frolov24
February 8th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Lakers apparently have approached the Nuggets about a Bynum for Carmelo deal. Seems still like a longshot at best, but the part of the article I found most interesting is that LA had made an offer to Charlotte of Artest for either Gerald Wallace or Stephen Jackson.

Sources: Los Angeles Lakers, Denver Nuggets have initial Carmelo Anthony talks - ESPN Los Angeles (http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6101304)

Brandon
February 8th, 2011, 02:53 PM
The other side of the story is Denver apparently using the Lakers as leverage to scare NYK into upping the deal. New York has nothing else to offer though...Which leads me to believe DEN is being real about these talks for Bynum.

VEGASKING
February 12th, 2011, 01:35 AM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s122/em0phobic/b3f62ede.gif

rinkrat
February 14th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Los Angeles Lakers, Time Warner Cable ink 20-year TV deal - ESPN Los Angeles (http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6122681&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines)

TooCool
February 16th, 2011, 10:33 AM
http://simg.sportsbybrooks.com/f/1/f1618a47740321765b2c06d88aa57e4b_jerryweststatue.j pg

Sweet statue!

VEGASKING
February 17th, 2011, 01:31 AM
A million face palms for losing to ****ing Cleveland. Major shake up required by the trade deadline.

Luc SkyBomba
February 18th, 2011, 12:01 PM
walked by this on the way to the nba jam session

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/diniguan33/allstar%20jam%20session/P1020385.jpg

Brandon
March 6th, 2011, 05:34 PM
A million face palms for losing to ****ing Cleveland. Major shake up required by the trade deadline.

Man they just made up for it big time. They've been dominating since the break and just took a dump on the Spurs front lawn, snapping that 22 game home streak.

TooCool
March 7th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Man they just made up for it big time. They've been dominating since the break and just took a dump on the Spurs front lawn, snapping that 22 game home streak.

Definitely a good sign for sure. We have Barnes back now too. :)

C-DUB
March 8th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Lakers just keep rolling along with another W in the ATL.

TooCool
April 13th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Andrew Injury Prone Bynum. Has a nice ring to it.

C-DUB
April 13th, 2011, 09:48 AM
It's almost automatic that he's going to get injured before the playoffs.