PDA

View Full Version : Blake Superior to be in slam dunk contest

Luc SkyBomba
January 5th, 2011, 01:03 PM
since it's in LA they should've made it Clips vs Lakes, then at least we could beat them at something this season...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/01/clippers-forward-blake-grizzin-highlights-slam-dunk-contest.html

SmytheKing
January 8th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Is Vegas taking odds on how severe the knee injury he gets from this is going to be? I'd like to put $20 or so down.

Luc SkyBomba
January 9th, 2011, 02:18 AM
if you've seen him at all this season, he's dunked a lot harder than the one that got him injured.

SmytheKing
January 9th, 2011, 01:52 PM
if you've seen him at all this season, he's dunked a lot harder than the one that got him injured.

Ah yes. . .but how many of them have involved him spinning in the air while catching a bounce pass from a teammate off the backboard while jumping over a bus?

Not to mention. . .it's the Clippers. You know there's a pretty good chance of it happening.

Luc SkyBomba
January 9th, 2011, 03:15 PM
"it's the clippers"

spoken like a true lakers fan

SmytheKing
January 9th, 2011, 04:46 PM
"it's the clippers"

spoken like a true lakers fan

You're right. The Clippers have just had a run of bad luck....

Moses Malone
Swen Nater and Tate Armstrong
Adrian Dantley for Billy Knight
Tiny Archibald's achilles
World B. Free instead of Charles Barkley
Bill Walton on broken feet
Michael Brooks knee
Norm Nixon's knee
Terry Cummings heart
Trading Tom Chambers
Derek Smith's knee
Marques Johnson's neck
Danny Manning's knee
Ron Harper's knee
Brent Barry instead of Antonio McDyess or Kevin Garnett
Lorenzen Wright instead of Kobe Bryant
Loy Vaught's back
Olowakandi instead of everyone else
Elton Brand's achilles
Shaun Livingston's knee
Blake Griffin's knee

Nothing to worry about. Things happen.

Luc SkyBomba
January 10th, 2011, 03:30 AM
lucky us we traded cat mobeley before they found out about his heart condition!

and you forgot korolev

Frolov24
January 10th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Look out! Clips tied with the Spurs for the best record in the west over the past 10 games. When Kaman comes back maybe he can show enough to be worth something on the trade market. The core of the team is strong (Griffith, Bledsoe, Aminu, Jordan, Gordon) and they'll likely have a mid to high lottery pick in the 2011 draft and they get Minnesota's unprotected pick in 2012 which could be very high. Lots of draft pick assets coupled with plenty of cap room will put them in prime position to pick up a veteran theta could make them a legit playoff contender in 2011-12. Though that would make it hard for Sterling to continue heckling his own players!

Luc SkyBomba
January 11th, 2011, 12:11 AM
bring on the heat mother f'ers!

christian_allen
January 12th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Being a Clippers fan myself too, yeah we've had our share of bad luck to good players and bad choices in the draft in the past (not counting Eric Gordon or Blake Griffin), but that's what happens when you have a moron like Donald T. Sterling as your owner.

He's the world's cheapest sports owner. I've seen nutless monkeys make better decisions than him.

Keys to Clippers being turned into title contenders in NBA (in my honest opinion):

1. New Owners

2. Fire Del Negro (Bring back Larry Brown)

3. Trade Kaman, Davis, and Craig Smith

4. Build team around Griffin, Gordon, and DeAndre Jordan

Blaze
January 13th, 2011, 12:07 AM

http://www.hoopsordie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/blake_griffin.jpg

Luc SkyBomba
January 13th, 2011, 02:15 AM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/diniguan33/clippernation/P1020086.jpg

crazy. karma's a bitch...

VEGASKING
January 13th, 2011, 03:16 AM
Lakers fans appreciate any wins you guys get over the likes of Miami, Boston, San Antonio and Dallas. Only 1 game back of Miami now.

UnderPressure
January 16th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Lakers fans appreciate any wins you guys get over the likes of Miami, Boston, San Antonio and Dallas. Only 1 game back of Miami now.

But do you appreciate a Clipper win like today? :D

Hehe, JK, Laker fans.

The Clippers will give anyone a run for their money when they're on the home floor. Still vulnerable on the road, though.

Luc SkyBomba
January 16th, 2011, 07:09 PM
hell yeah

christian_allen
January 17th, 2011, 06:22 PM
I just got finished with 2 days of Clippers wins...gotta love it!!

Blake Griffin with 47 points and a franchise record for points in a single game by a rookie...again. (He originally set the record against New York earlier this season with 44 points, and like today I was also present at this game)

Blake Superior for ROTY!!!! kc:

Luc SkyBomba
January 17th, 2011, 06:43 PM
also present!