PDA

View Full Version : Farmers Field

UnderPressure
February 1st, 2011, 10:29 AM
It's going to be the name of the proposed NFL stadium in downtown LA.

**** YEAH! Let's bring the NFL back to LA!

Press conference on FSN right now.

TooCool
February 1st, 2011, 10:44 AM
Are they going to build this even if we don't get a football team?

Dr. Naysay
February 1st, 2011, 10:58 AM
I'm going to guess that Farmers Insurance wouldn't be ponying up $700 Million if they didn't feel VERY confident that an NFL team were going to be playing there.

waterboy100
February 1st, 2011, 11:03 AM
Diddy, melifice and I were talking about this in the shoutbox last night. The consensus is that we will believe it when we see a team fun onto the field for opening day.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kingsfan626
February 1st, 2011, 11:13 AM
So there's going to be 2 new stadiums built? I thought the one in the City of Industry was going to be given an NFL team? From what I remember it was rumored that they were going to relocate a team there.

I wonder if there's going to be any issues between AEG and Roski since Roski is part owner of the Kings.

nick_nautious
February 1st, 2011, 11:16 AM
and where is everyone supposed to park? i dont think people want to tailgate & bbq in a parking structure cuz the real estate is too expensive to give it a proper parking lot, and god forbid i want to go to a kings game on a sunday... ill probably shoot myself from the extra traffic (as if downtown needs more traffic)

nick_nautious
February 1st, 2011, 11:17 AM
So there's going to be 2 new stadiums built? I thought the one in the City of Industry was going to be given an NFL team? From what I remember it was rumored that they were going to relocate a team there.

I wonder if there's going to be any issues between AEG and Roski since Roski is part owner of the Kings.

its 1 and the same, they just moved it to downtown cuz the surrounding cities were whining and crying about traffic

Dr. Naysay
February 1st, 2011, 11:20 AM
and where is everyone supposed to park? i dont think people want to tailgate & bbq in a parking structure cuz the real estate is too expensive to give it a proper parking lot, and god forbid i want to go to a kings game on a sunday... ill probably shoot myself from the extra traffic (as if downtown needs more traffic)

That was the first thing that popped out to me while watching the videos on the stadium site.

The one guy says fans are going to come and tailgate and then hang out all day......

I got news for him. There's nowhere to tailgate and there's **** all to do down there once you've finished eating.

waterboy100
February 1st, 2011, 01:18 PM
its 1 and the same, they just moved it to downtown cuz the surrounding cities were whining and crying about traffic

Link? I didn't hear any mention of ed roski at all this morning.
Posted via Mobile Device

nick_nautious
February 1st, 2011, 01:30 PM
Link? I didn't hear any mention of ed roski at all this morning.
Posted via Mobile Device

i guess you're right i thought they were the same

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmers_Field_(Los_Angeles)

on the "rival sites" section

Noble Savage
February 1st, 2011, 01:34 PM
Bring on the Jaguars.

Off2NvrLnd
February 1st, 2011, 01:35 PM
I am all for bringing an NFL team to LA (as long as it's not the Chargers) but the parking is the biggest concern. have they addressed this AT ALL?

P. Diddy
February 1st, 2011, 01:38 PM
well if this does happen what becomes the excuse for the kings not to be in the winter classic? we all know aeg and the nhl are in cahoots...

Off2NvrLnd
February 1st, 2011, 01:40 PM
well if this does happen what becomes the excuse for the kings not to be in the winter classic? we all know aeg and the nhl are in cahoots...

my guess,
our weather.

nick_nautious
February 1st, 2011, 01:47 PM
Bring on the Jaguars.

ya im guessing it will be them, when they had that monday night game (i forgot against who) but they put add covers over a good portion of the seats to make up for the lack of people there. people keep saying buffalo bills as well but their 50k season ticket holders would probably have somthing to say about that

UnderPressure
February 1st, 2011, 02:03 PM
I really hope it's not the Vikings. I hope they stay in Minny.

Jaguars are the way to go. No history and they don't have a big fan base. In Florida, you're either a Dolphins fan or a Bucs fan.

orpheus
February 1st, 2011, 02:14 PM
Farmer's Field? :facepalm:

Maybe, the NFL should just expand and start a new team.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uB-0D-gV8mY/SICW17OPqTI/AAAAAAAAKUk/qNv9EjHGUvs/s400/farmers.jpg

mhihi:

chu gar
February 1st, 2011, 02:20 PM
I am sure they are going to do a Disneyland style parking garage, and then they will adopt Dodger stadium policy of no tailgating. They are going to want people to spend money at LA live. Have fun with your "football" in LA.

ydkjs2
February 1st, 2011, 02:22 PM
OMG!!! Parking, traffic, parking, traffic, have they even considered this? Can you imagine a football game, hockey game, show at LA Live all happening at the same time? Asinine!

orpheus
February 1st, 2011, 02:24 PM
I am sure they are going to do a Disneyland style parking garage, and then they will adopt Dodger stadium policy of no tailgating. They are going to want people to spend money at LA live. Have fun with your "football" in LA.

I am pretty sure that will be the case. :facepalm:

No Tailgaiting pretty much means that you have to show up already drunk. mhihi: :manybeers:

Dr. Naysay
February 1st, 2011, 02:39 PM
Well... assuming that the NFL does adopt the 18 game schedule they're talking about it will only be 9 (11 counting preseason?) Sundays out of the year that it will be a huge problem.

They already have huge conventions during games and the parking becomes a nightmare and the traffic is worse... but we all keep doing it don't we?

Off2NvrLnd
February 1st, 2011, 02:44 PM
Well... assuming that the NFL does adopt the 18 game schedule they're talking about it will only be 9 (11 counting preseason?) Sundays out of the year that it will be a huge problem.

They already have huge conventions during games and the parking becomes a nightmare and the traffic is worse... but we all keep doing it don't we?

this

waterboy100
February 1st, 2011, 03:19 PM
I am all for bringing an NFL team to LA (as long as it's not the Chargers) but the parking is the biggest concern. have they addressed this AT ALL?

i dont think they mentioned anything.

exactly. and they think that people will spend the day there. this is the most retarded idea EVAR!

OMG!!! Parking, traffic, parking, traffic, have they even considered this? Can you imagine a football game, hockey game, show at LA Live all happening at the same time? Asinine!

its bad enough at times downtown and now they want to throw another 40,000 cars there. this is going to SUCK!!!!

UnderPressure
February 1st, 2011, 03:29 PM
That is why we are not engineers and architects. AEG will hire the best out there to make sure everything can be as convenient as possible.

waterboy100
February 1st, 2011, 03:32 PM
That is why we are not engineers and architects. AEG will hire the best out there to make sure everything can be as convenient as possible.

what building would you raze to make a parking lot for tailgating?

UnderPressure
February 1st, 2011, 03:34 PM

At this point, I just want an NFL team.

waterboy100
February 1st, 2011, 03:38 PM

fair enough. i just wish that aeg and roski had been able to team up for the city of industry deal.

waterboy100
February 1st, 2011, 03:38 PM
the current site was rejected for by the nfl once already in 2002
"That proposal fell through and was cancelled when it was deemed unsuitable by the NFL due to the lack of ample real estate to construct adequate parking facilities"

waterboy100
February 1st, 2011, 03:40 PM
tearing down the west hall, rebuilding it, building the stadium and prepping the area is estimated to be 3 billion dollars!

More doubts raised about downtown stadium plan - LA Biz Observed (http://www.laobserved.com/biz/2010/12/more_doubts_raised_a.php)

leiweke has already contacted the vikings

Dr. Naysay
February 1st, 2011, 03:41 PM

STAPLES Center!

waterboy100
February 1st, 2011, 03:43 PM
ed roski is a part owner of staples\anchutz\aeg in staples center and la live.

the fact that he doesn't think a stadium can work there (which would increase the value of his holdings) is somewhat telling.

waterboy100
February 1st, 2011, 03:44 PM
STAPLES Center!

well the building is quickly approaching 11 years old...time for a new arena

:D

waterboy100
February 1st, 2011, 03:45 PM
AEG also wants to take over the operation of the convention center from the city as part of the deal.

waterboy100
February 1st, 2011, 03:51 PM
great article with pros and cons for both sites
2 NFL stadium plans complicate L.A. landscape - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-nfllosangeles122110)

Off2NvrLnd
February 1st, 2011, 04:00 PM
where there is a will, there is a way...it'll just be one long tedious process.
if it happens, then great, I have a team to root for. If not, then I'll get over it.

Cross Traffic
February 2nd, 2011, 06:46 AM
What makes Lieweekly think this is going to work? A domed stadium in Socal? Really? Roski's stadium in Industry is a much better location, is closer for folks from OC, Riverside and SB counties and would have plenty of parking for tailgating.

Fisticuffs82
February 2nd, 2011, 03:54 PM
1:28 - 1:32 ...

YouTube - The NFL returns to Los Angeles - Farmer's Field presentation

UnderPressure
February 2nd, 2011, 06:40 PM
Let's get this **** done, AEG. Tired of seeing Angelenos wear assorted NFL jerseys every Sunday.

Also, are the Trojans gonna move there? The Rose Bowl will undergo major renovations so the Bruins have a permanent home.

waterboy100
February 2nd, 2011, 09:50 PM
Football stadium proposal: L.A. City Council takes a cooler view of stadium plans - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0203-aeg-stadium-20110203,0,819655.story)

the last paragraph:
Rosendahl (city councilman) also wondered if the city could somehow benefit from the $700-million naming-rights deal negotiated for the stadium with Farmer's Insurance: "Can't we get a piece of that money?"

tell you what. you build a stadium with the city money and you can have all the naming rights money.

idiots.

doctordestructo
February 2nd, 2011, 11:11 PM
I'll believe it when I see it... my ass is still full of smoke from the last time a group who promised a stadium in L.A. blew it up there :kingsgirl:

Doug Fresh
February 3rd, 2011, 01:35 AM
I'm going to guess that Farmers Insurance wouldn't be ponying up $700 Million if they didn't feel VERY confident that an NFL team were going to be playing there.

The ball on all of this is rolling at an extraordinary rate. I have never heard of a major corporate sponsor ponying up naming rights dough before ground has even been broken on a building - even more astonishing when they don't even know who the main tenant in their building is going to be.

Lieweekly rhetoric in all of this is somewhat remarkable, saying things like "...the Coliseum is not an option anymore.", after virtually every other proposal for a stadium anywhere in So Cal has been put to a quick halt after the Coliseum Commission says "Nah-uh! Not without our permission and not until we get our cut since we still own the market!" (not that the Commission had ever really done anything to really give themselves a shot in the last 17 years, anyway), and also, "...the NFL is constantly being updated on our progress." I mean, aside from his fumblings when he was at the helm of Kings Command a few years back, he has basically stepped on the toes of Roski's group, has the LA City Council eating out of his hand, and, apparently, has Roger Goddell's ear at all times.

I would think it's pretty safe to say it's going to happen with AEG.

Shackleford
February 6th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Odd that some one who uses the venue for 9-10 days in a year
is considered the main tenant.
That's football/NFL!

waterboy100
February 6th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Odd that some one who uses the venue for 9-10 days in a year
is considered the main tenant.
That's football/NFL!

nhl is no different.
kings are the main tenent @ staples and they use it 43 days a year (plus playoffs)

Doug Fresh
February 9th, 2011, 03:05 PM
LA stadium panel has many links to developer - ESPN Los Angeles (http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/news/story?id=6102043)

SuxBeingU
February 9th, 2011, 04:25 PM
nhl is no different.
kings are the main tenent @ staples and they use it 43 days a year (plus playoffs)

really ?

Seems to me the Lakers get scheduling priority, particularly late in the year when we play at 1 and they play at 7.

The most popular and profitable still rule the roost

waterboy100
February 10th, 2011, 01:09 AM
really ?

Seems to me the Lakers get scheduling priority, particularly late in the year when we play at 1 and they play at 7.

The most popular and profitable still rule the roost

I thought that we had this conversation in home ice a while ago.

Anyways, during the 2 Saturday night games (where we played after the slippers) the ice was crazy bunch and wacky. So that may have something to do with it it too.
Posted via Mobile Device

waterboy100
February 10th, 2011, 01:31 AM
I believe the kings are primary tenants because aeg own the arena and the team.

Anyways the NBA lists the owner and primary tenant of staples center as 'nhl team'.

Link coming later.
Posted via Mobile Device

Off2NvrLnd
February 10th, 2011, 02:03 AM
LA stadium panel has many links to developer - ESPN Los Angeles (http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/news/story?id=6102043)

hmm...tricky indeed. The political side of this makes this whole dream even less attainable. effin A!

what i wanna know is, what makes them think it will work this time? it didn't work out with the other teams. Yeah, i know i said i'm all for having an LA football team, but only if it actually sticks!
if they're trying to build this thing with that insane amount of money it BETTER be damn well worth it. especially if they expect it to come out of taxpayers pocket.

sarf
August 9th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Farmers Field.....it's a go.

KingsOvAllKings
August 9th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Looks like my days as solely a niners fan might be coming to an end :)

sarf
August 9th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Niners? Psh, hoping Crazy Al moves the Raiders down here again.

UnderPressure
August 9th, 2011, 03:11 PM
I hope it's not the Niners. Too much history and too much Gnat fans connection. I also hope they stay within the Frisco city limits. Other than that, I don't care which team moves here. I'll be an automatic fan. They can revive the Avengers and make them an NFL team. I don't give a ****!

Subhuman15
August 9th, 2011, 06:09 PM
talk about CARMAGEDDON, it's going to be like stuffing 20lbs in a 5lb bag. They should've put off the 605 or the 57 those plans were much more realistic.

KingsOvAllKings
August 10th, 2011, 01:38 AM
Hah nah i didnt mean that i hope they bring the niners down here, i was just saying the only reason i am a niners fan currently is because i grew up without an NFL team in place here in LA and the 49ers were the team to watch back then. I would gladly become a fan of any team that comes over to LA even if its the Avengers hah.

Cross Traffic
August 10th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Parking on game day is going to be horrible, I would say it starts at $20 and goes up to $50 the closer you get to the stadium. Niners have a new stadium in Santa Clara that is going to start construction in 2012, the Raiders might end up moving there too.

jerseydevil
November 17th, 2011, 12:57 PM
AEG, Gensler reveal new stadium renderings | Farmers Field (http://farmersfield.com/blog/entry/stadium-renderings/)

kba4life2
November 18th, 2011, 11:52 AM
AEG, Gensler reveal new stadium renderings | Farmers Field (http://farmersfield.com/blog/entry/stadium-renderings/)

Awesome

Kings Provisional
November 20th, 2011, 09:53 PM

Anyone but the Raiders.

SuxBeingU
November 21st, 2011, 02:51 AM
IF it happens it will be the Vikes or Jags

orpheus
November 21st, 2011, 02:56 AM
From those two, I'll take the Vikings.

What can I say, I have a thing for purple uniforms. :dancing-smiley:

jerseydevil
November 22nd, 2011, 02:05 PM
Anyone who got caught in the nightmare of the Auto show and a 1pm start Saturday got a preview of just what a tremendous fustercluck this will be. From the massive construction 'detours' to the quadrupled parking, as great as it sounds it is going to be a MESS.

catscann2004
July 26th, 2012, 03:27 PM
my family and I totally suport tim and his quest to bring the NFL back to So.Cal

x-wingcamewest
August 24th, 2012, 05:49 PM
I hope you and your football loving family enjoy the chaos. I hope you all are late to every game. I hope you choke on your words.