PDA

View Full Version : JoPa fired!

KRC1221
November 9th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Penn State football coach Joe Paterno was fired along with president Graham Spanier - College Football News | FOX Sports on MSN (http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/joe-paterno-fired-penn-state-football-coach-president-graham-spanier-child-sex-abuse-scandal-board-of-trustees-meeting-110911)

I get who he is and what he did for football blah blah blah.

But good riddance. You cover up sexual abuse of a child and you should rot in hell.

Unruely35
November 9th, 2011, 09:00 PM
good.

nosoupforyou
November 9th, 2011, 09:11 PM
jail is what i would want to see.

Ice24
November 9th, 2011, 10:09 PM
I want to know more of the facts. I do understand that he did tell the athletic director about what the graduate assistant said to him. We do not know exactly what this graduate assistant said or explained to Paterno.

VCRW
November 9th, 2011, 10:23 PM
I want to know more of the facts. I do understand that he did tell the athletic director about what the graduate assistant said to him. We do not know exactly what this graduate assistant said or explained to Paterno.

JoePa was told one of his coaches was a pedophile who, at the very least, showered naked with a child. He should have told the police. Screw the athletic director. Moral responsibility supersedes chain of command. He and the president got what they deserved for putting winning before doing the right thing, especially when children are involved.

Kings Provisional
November 9th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Even without knowing the facts I am glad he was fired. I don't know exactly what he did or did not do but what is clear is that he knew something happened and he never called the police. And from what I understand he tolerated Jerry Sandusky's presence at Penn State up until a week ago. Those two things are inexcusable.

SmytheKing
November 9th, 2011, 10:26 PM
I want to know more of the facts. I do understand that he did tell the athletic director about what the graduate assistant said to him. We do not know exactly what this graduate assistant said or explained to Paterno.He testified in front of a grand jury a year ago. He let Sandusky have access to the facilities a week ago.

Ice24
November 9th, 2011, 10:32 PM
JoePa was told one of his coaches was a pedophile who, at the very least, showered naked with a child. He should have told the police. Screw the athletic director. Moral responsibility supersedes chain of command. He and the president got what they deserved for putting winning before doing the right thing, especially when children are involved.

You must know all the facts, I have not heard all of the facts just what ESPN was reporting and that it was not clear what this assistant said to Paterno. Sandusky who was not a coach at Penn State at the time of the incident will get whats coming to him. It is terrible what happened to these kids, however, I will wait until we know exactly what this coach said to Paterno before finding him guilty of knowing what happened.

Ice24
November 9th, 2011, 10:33 PM
He testified in front of a grand jury a year ago. He let Sandusky have access to the facilities a week ago.

What did he say, I heard different reports. Some reports said that Sandusky was horsing around with the kid. Did Paterno let Sandusky into the facilities?

VCRW
November 9th, 2011, 10:43 PM
You must know all the facts, I have not heard all of the facts just what ESPN was reporting and that it was not clear what this assistant said to Paterno. Sandusky who was not a coach at Penn State at the time of the incident will get whats coming to him. It is terrible what happened to these kids, however, I will wait until we know exactly what this coach said to Paterno before finding him guilty of knowing what happened.

What did he say, I heard different reports. Some reports said that Sandusky was horsing around with the kid. Did Paterno let Sandusky into the facilities?

Do you really think a coach of legendary status and the president of one of the most prestigious universities in the country would each be summarily fired based solely on rumor and innuendo? Trust me. This is going to look worse as more of the coverup is revealed.

SmytheKing
November 9th, 2011, 10:51 PM
What did he say, I heard different reports. Some reports said that Sandusky was horsing around with the kid. Did Paterno let Sandusky into the facilities?You don't get called to testify to a grand jury if someone was horsing around with a kid. At that point, Paterno should have froze him out, kept him away from the University, whatever it took. You let EVERYONE know to not allow him on campus if he's seen. He did none of the sort. He likely felt that there was no way this guy who he had known for 40 years would do such a thing.

Ice24
November 9th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Do you really think a coach of legendary status and the president of one of the most prestigious universities in the country would each be summarily fired based solely on rumor and innuendo? Trust me. This is going to look worse as more of the coverup is revealed.

We know now the facts on what acts were performed by Sandusky, however, we do not know what McCleary said to Paterno about what happened that day. Why has McCleary not been fired. He saw the damn act. Why did he not contact the police? It was a huge mistake by Paterno, however, I just want to know exactly what he knew. If he knew what was in the grand jury testimony then yes Paterno and the President should have been fired.

SmytheKing
November 9th, 2011, 10:55 PM
You must know all the facts, I have not heard all of the facts just what ESPN was reporting and that it was not clear what this assistant said to Paterno. Sandusky who was not a coach at Penn State at the time of the incident will get whats coming to him. It is terrible what happened to these kids, however, I will wait until we know exactly what this coach said to Paterno before finding him guilty of knowing what happened.Yes he was.

Ice24
November 9th, 2011, 10:56 PM
You don't get called to testify to a grand jury if someone was horsing around with a kid. At that point, Paterno should have froze him out, kept him away from the University, whatever it took. You let EVERYONE know to not allow him on campus if he's seen. He did none of the sort. He likely felt that there was no way this guy who he had known for 40 years would do such a thing.

You might be right, but Sandusky wanted his job. Didn't they take away his keys after this incident, how did he get back onto campus?

SmytheKing
November 9th, 2011, 10:59 PM
We know now the facts on what acts were performed by Sandusky, however, we do not know what McCleary said to Paterno about what happened that day. Why has McCleary not been fired. He saw the damn act. Why did he not contact the police? It was a huge mistake by Paterno, however, I just want to know exactly what he knew. If he knew what was in the grand jury testimony then yes Paterno and the President should have been fired.Jerry Sandusky: I Wish I Was Dead – Sandusky Investigated in 1998 – Detectives Listened-in to a Mother Confronting Sandusky Twice | Maggie's Notebook (http://www.maggiesnotebook.com/2011/11/jerry-sandusky-i-wish-i-was-dead-sandusky-investigated-in-1998-detectives-listened-in-to-a-mother-confronting-sandusky-twice/)

Tim Curley, the athletic director and Gary Schultz, Senior Vice President, are facing perjury charges. Coach Joe Paterno was allegedly told of the shower incident by a graduate assistant, Mike McQueary. Paterno says he then told Curley what the graduate assistant told him, but Paterno did not go to Child Protective Services or police. No one went to police or Child Protective Services. McQueary now serves on Paterno’s staff. He says he personally told both Curley and Schultz, in separate meetings, what he saw in the locker room shower. Paterno was not in that meeting.

Ice24
November 9th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Yes he was.

It said on CNN that he retired in 1999 and the incident happened in 2002.

SmytheKing
November 9th, 2011, 11:00 PM
You might be right, but Sandusky wanted his job. Didn't they take away his keys after this incident, how did he get back onto campus?

Sandusky resigned his position in 1999 after Paterno told him he would not be head coach (see link to Grand Jury Report below), but was allowed to run a charitable organization for ?troubled boys? out of the Penn State facilities even after 1998, and after reports of a 2002 incident of Sandusky having alleged anal sex with a 10-year-old boy in a university shower.

How much more do you need?

Ice24
November 9th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Paterno's contract is set to expire at the end of the season. Some had called for him to resign immediately because of his response to allegations brought to him in 2002 by a graduate assistant, who said he had seen retired defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky, now 67, sexually assaulting a young boy in a shower at the campus football complex.

I hope we get all of the details. We still do not know what exactly what McQuery told Paterno. He says he personally told both Curley and Schultz, in separate meetings, what he saw in the locker room shower. Paterno was not in that meeting.

SmytheKing
November 9th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Paterno's contract is set to expire at the end of the season. Some had called for him to resign immediately because of his response to allegations brought to him in 2002 by a graduate assistant, who said he had seen retired defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky, now 67, sexually assaulting a young boy in a shower at the campus football complex.

I hope we get all of the detailsIt doesn't take too much effort to google it. You'll find all the details you need. This isn't AltaVista and Netscape Navigator era.

Noble Savage
November 9th, 2011, 11:14 PM
If a University can get an NCAA death penalty for violating league policy on player compensation, what should the penalty be for institutionalized cover-up of serious crimes against children?
Regardless, good luck on those recruiting trips you PSU cowards and hypocrites.

SmytheKing
November 9th, 2011, 11:31 PM

I hope we get all of the details. We still do not know what exactly what McQuery told Paterno. He says he personally told both Curley and Schultz, in separate meetings, what he saw in the locker room shower. Paterno was not in that meeting.Dude, seriously. . .

Coach Joe Paterno was allegedly told of the shower incident by a graduate assistant, Mike McQueary.

You're either a Penn State grad or you're related to Paterno. I can't figure out which yet.

Consider this: Paterno is told that a coach/friend/former player of his was in the shower with a 10 year old boy and they were both naked. He felt it was important enough to tell the AD and University President. He obviously didn't think this guy was full of **** because he hired him on as a coach where he still resides (unbelievably). He continues to let him run his **** out of the school and you want MORE details? Like what exactly? What more do you need that would make you feel it was ok to fire the guy? He either ignored or didn't care enough about allegations that there was sexual abuse of children going on by people in his circle. THAT RIGHT THERE is enough to not let him lead other kids.

Cross Traffic
November 9th, 2011, 11:50 PM
http://l.yimg.com/ho/api/res/1.2/lhO8WEsSWfZw__whm474Cw--/Zmk9Zml0O2g9MTUwO3c9MTUwO3E9OTA7YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3NyY2 g-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/b619dafc09c6cf19fd0e6a706700e24d.jpg

How does this bleeping moron still have a job? He witnesses a child being raped, instead of beating this pedo's ass to a pulp, he calls his old man leaving the victim with the pedo. How about 911 if you are too pussy to break it up? He was too worried about his grad assistant's "job".

Noble Savage
November 10th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Seriously.
WTF is wrong with people if they value a football program over MULTIPLE children being raped?

I am hard pressed to come up with a worse kind of human in my mind, well. . . aside from Sandusky himself.
Even the sadly stupid trying to defend the University's actions lag far behind.

santiclaws
November 10th, 2011, 12:32 AM
I'm a mix of fury, disgust and incredible sadness for those children. How does the guy who witnessed it walk away from a child being raped?? I would have had to exercise incredible self-control to keep from beating the guy to death on the spot.

He just told Paterno, who then waited a whole day before telling the guy who was technically his boss, even though Paterno had about 20 times the power of his "boss." And then - nothing. The guy continues to be associated with the program, his office across the street.

Make no mistake - EVERYONE who mattered knew. Sandusky was the logical choice to succeed Paterno, he was only 55 and very well thought of. Suddenly, he's no longer the assistant for Penn State and is told not to bring kids on campus with him anymore? I think we all know the reason why.

**** Paterno, **** the AD, **** everyone who allowed these children to be victimized by a monster in order to protect a goddamn football program. I wish I believed in hell, because there is no more deserving group for being there for eternity. It'll never happen, but PSU's football program should get the death penalty. Recruiting violations? Paying players? How does any of that compare to an entire program turning a blind eye to the ****ing rape of children? Paterno has 17 grandchildren - how the hell does he sleep at night? Then again, I think I know. He doesn't really think he did anything wrong. Did you see his statement before he got canned? He announced his retirement at the end of the season and said he did not want the Board of Trustees to "spend one more minute" on the issue. The gall is absolutely amazing. **** you, Paterno. I hope you die slowly.

Cross Traffic
November 10th, 2011, 12:35 AM
I usually don't wish for someone to kill them self, but Sandusky should find a rope and hang himself by it.

KRC1221
November 10th, 2011, 07:22 AM

You must know all the facts, I have not heard all of the facts just what ESPN was reporting and that it was not clear what this assistant said to Paterno. Sandusky who was not a coach at Penn State at the time of the incident will get whats coming to him. It is terrible what happened to these kids, however......

I stopped reading right there b/c there is no however.

santiclaws
November 10th, 2011, 10:04 AM
The guy who broke the story in April, radio host Mark Madden, now says that the next bit of news that may break is that Sandusky was pimping out boys to rich PSU donors. He also says that Sandusky likely retired at age 55 as a part of the coverup, and that's why he never got another job - not everyone at Penn State, but everyone in college football knew what was going on. If true, this is the biggest scandal in U.S. sports history. The Black Sox scandal is nothing in comparison.

Jerry Sandusky Rumored to Have Been 'Pimping Out Young Boys to Rich Donors,' Says Mark Madden - College Football - NESN.com (http://www.nesn.com/2011/11/jerry-sandusky-rumored-to-have-been-pimping-out-young-boys-to-rich-donors-says-mark-madden.html)

No One
November 10th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Jerry Sandusky Rumored to Have Been 'Pimping Out Young Boys to Rich Donors,' Says Mark Madden - College Football - NESN.com (http://www.nesn.com/2011/11/jerry-sandusky-rumored-to-have-been-pimping-out-young-boys-to-rich-donors-says-mark-madden.html)

I saw that. Just when you think it can't possibly get any worse for Penn State and sports in general (at least the value we, as a society place on sports).

I can't believe people are defending Paterno. Sandusky + boy + shower + 9:30 PM = Call the police. Doesn't matter what else was said. 55 year old man, 10 year old boy, 9:30 pm, and SHOWER.

No One
November 10th, 2011, 11:22 AM
http://l.yimg.com/ho/api/res/1.2/lhO8WEsSWfZw__whm474Cw--/Zmk9Zml0O2g9MTUwO3c9MTUwO3E9OTA7YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3NyY2 g-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/b619dafc09c6cf19fd0e6a706700e24d.jpg

How does this bleeping moron still have a job? He witnesses a child being raped, instead of beating this pedo's ass to a pulp, he calls his old man leaving the victim with the pedo. How about 911 if you are too pussy to break it up? He was too worried about his grad assistant's "job".

don't know. There is no way he should employed at PSU ever.

go
November 10th, 2011, 11:29 AM
It is understandable what McQuery did at the time. Look at the students rioting now.

He was brainwashed. Penn State culture is the like the Stepford Wives.

ChilledAgua
November 10th, 2011, 11:38 AM

Yet he's going to be on the sideline Saturday against Nebraska, according to the interim head coach.

Go Huskers.

aaron
November 10th, 2011, 11:55 AM
And now for something completely different:
Actual findings of a grand jury describing multiple victims.
graphic language and descriptions

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/college/football/2011-11-05-sandusky-grand-jury.pdf

No One
November 10th, 2011, 12:04 PM

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/college/football/2011-11-05-sandusky-grand-jury.pdf

yeah, I read that last night. It is the most disturbing thing I have ever seen. Ever.

Annapurna
November 10th, 2011, 12:12 PM
What a horrendous, sad story. Those poor boys. :(

santiclaws
November 10th, 2011, 12:27 PM

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/college/football/2011-11-05-sandusky-grand-jury.pdfYeah, saw that it was available, no way I'm reading that. I have two children. I want to be able to sleep.

go
November 10th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Yeah, saw that it was available, no way I'm reading that. I have two children. I want to be able to sleep.Yep.. I know is out there but sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Kings Provisional
November 10th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Yep.. I know is out there but sometimes ignorance is bliss.

You and me both brother. This is way sick and I don't want to know the details.

Cross Traffic
November 10th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Yet he's going to be on the sideline Saturday against Nebraska, according to the interim head coach.

Go Huskers.

Everyone outside of Happy Valley is going to be rooting for Nebraska as well this week. Hope someone runs into pedo enabler on the sidelines.

TONGA
November 10th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Time for me to weigh in. I'm appalled at the behavior of many people in this, so much so I find it hard to pick a place to start.

Sandusky, I hope when you're put in jail you are put in general population and the other inmates are told what you've done. Only then could you grasp what you (and apparently others) have done to those children.

McQwerdy, you are a ****ing pussy and don't deserve to coach at any level anywhere. You were 28 at the time and you see a 55 year old doing that to a child? Go kick his ass and get that kid out of there. At the very least call 911 right then. You could have been a hero, maybe not to Penn State but to decent humans everywhere. Then you could have written your own ticket through the coaching ranks. Now you're done.

Paterno, no coach I ever played for would have put up with this in his program. He should have beaten the tar out of Sandusky himself and then taken his carcass to the authorities. You've been a joke of a coach holding on for too long for over a decade and now we know why.

To any faculty, administration at PSU that knew and the D.A. that heard about some of these allegations in 2004 and didn't follow them all the way through. May you never sleep again at night knowing that you could have saved some young people from their heinous ordeals.

To all of the above, in trying to protect the program you held so dear... you've given it the death penalty. No one outside of Pennsylvania will want to go to your school now... and every other school will use this against your program in recruiting.

YOU ARE DONE!!!

nm156
November 10th, 2011, 01:59 PM
This is wrong on so many levels. From the actual abuse to the cover up. And hopefully that rumor of pimping out the kids is false. Ether way that pedo needs to be strung up.

And to the Penn State Students rioting, WTF?

go
November 10th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Tonga.. The NCAA should kill the program. Corrupt to the core.

No One
November 10th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Tonga.. The NCAA should kill the program. Corrupt to the core.

Penn State or the NCAA corrupt to the core? ;)

lunchbox
November 10th, 2011, 05:34 PM

yeah, I read that last night. It is the most disturbing thing I have ever seen. Ever.

ya. i read the first 2 pages and had to stop. it's incredibly disgusting and horrifying. i was going to post the link here, but decided not to because it was so sickening. i only looked it up because an attorney + college football fan friend we know posted something about it on his facebook. he read through it and said before paterno was fired that that's what was going to happen and anyone who thought he didn't share any culpability is WRONG. i agree.

SmytheKing
November 10th, 2011, 06:10 PM
ya. i read the first 2 pages and had to stop. it's incredibly disgusting and horrifying. i was going to post the link here, but decided not to because it was so sickening. i only looked it up because an attorney + college football fan friend we know posted something about it on his facebook. he read through it and said before paterno was fired that that's what was going to happen and anyone who thought he didn't share any culpability is WRONG. i agree.Good thing you stopped. It gets really bad from victim 2 through victim 8. That's right. 8 victims that were involved. Look for that number to double in the next several weeks. At least. No way this guy ran that sham of a foundation for 30 years and only did this with a handful of children. The whole thing reads like a horror story. The only thing that is worse than this that I can remember is that Austrian guy who locked his daughter in the basement and fathered seven children with her.

lunchbox
November 10th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Good thing you stopped. It gets really bad from victim 2 through victim 8. That's right. 8 victims that were involved. Look for that number to double in the next several weeks. At least. No way this guy ran that sham of a foundation for 30 years and only did this with a handful of children. The whole thing reads like a horror story. The only thing that is worse than this that I can remember is that Austrian guy who locked his daughter in the basement and fathered seven children with her.

ya, i stopped halfway through victim 2. i couldn't read anymore. it's just like you said. like a horror story. just terrible. the news articles about this case are nowhere near as grotesquely detailed as that grand jury report. that's the only reason i can imagine there are some yahoos out there that think paterno et al don't shoulder any of the blame. once you read it though... ugh.

Annapurna
November 10th, 2011, 08:25 PM
ya, i stopped halfway through victim 2. i couldn't read anymore. it's just like you said. like a horror story. just terrible. the news articles about this case are nowhere near as grotesquely detailed as that grand jury report. that's the only reason i can imagine there are some yahoos out there that think paterno et al don't shoulder any of the blame. once you read it though... ugh.

Yup. Paterno knew about this alright. I think it's safe to assume that this was known throughout the NCAA.

TONGA
November 10th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Penn State or the NCAA corrupt to the core? ;)yes

Cross Traffic
November 11th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Pedoenabler will not be at the game on Saturday due to "threats", what a shock. There are plenty in Happy Valley that would probably want to exact some revenge on that ginger haired fool. Good luck ever getting another job coaching or in his degree of education. Would you want him teaching your kids?

Annapurna
November 11th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Pedoenabler will not be at the game on Saturday due to "threats", what a shock. There are plenty in Happy Valley that would probably want to exact some revenge on that ginger haired fool. Good luck ever getting another job coaching or in his degree of education. Would you want him teaching your kids?

No. That man needs to step down immediately.

It's really sad this type of abuse seems so prevalent in sports. You trust your kids with these people. Just reminds you that have to remain vigilant as a parent.

Goallum
November 11th, 2011, 09:25 AM
The word "jopa" means "ass" in Russian. True story.

Dana
November 11th, 2011, 12:43 PM

I know here in CA anyway (and I'm sure there are similar laws in every state) that if we as educators, suspect any form of child abuse, we're mandated by law to report it to the police or local child protective services within 48 hours.

ChilledAgua
November 11th, 2011, 07:25 PM
I know it would cost the school some $ to alter the letterhead on their official paperwork, but they really should change the school name from Penn State to State Pen.

Sorry I don't have photoshop skills to produce an updated logo, but there is a reworked one in the Random Picture Thread with Pedobear replacing the Nittany Lion; nicely done at that.

Royal_Roader
November 11th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Interesting that you're all too afraid to read the actual report of the grand jury in its entirety, yet you are all on the edge of your seats waiting for what ESPN (that notable establishment of sexual harassment, misogyny, and homophobia) has to report. A lot of what you're quoting as fact in your posts isn't based on any of the testimony offered-- it's what the media has altered and paraphrased. And some of it is downright false, for example, Sandusky was not affiliated with the team in 2002, yet several of you are arguing he was. I'm amazed that some of you know all the facts-- even offering some that haven't been reported anywhere. And you know exactly how many people had knowledge of this. Perhaps you should offer testimony to the grand jury. You were too squeamish to read the presentment, but you all clicked on the link to the rumor about kids being pimped out, didn't you?

PA law requires that allegations of sexual abuse at a state institution must be reported to the Department of Public Welfare and the police having jurisdiction by the Administration. If people think the law sucks, then change it, don't blame people for following it. The administration was notified, for whatever reasons, they didn't follow up on it. Personally I'd like to know why Paterno was fired, yet the AD and head of police services he reported the allegation to were respectively allowed to take leave and retire.

Those "riots" you heard about were greatly exaggerated. One news van turned over. No fires set, no storefronts vandalized, no looting, despite what ESPN reported. Nothing close to what happens in your fair city when a team wins a playoff game. Nothing close to what's been happening in Oakland (yet suddenly nobody gives a **** about who's occupying what where this week. Hmmmm).

I will agree that this is the tip of the iceberg, but not in the way you think. I believe enough victims across the country will be emboldened by this and you'll start hearing about a lot more cases like this across the country, even your own alma mater.

Annapurna
November 11th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Interesting that you're all too afraid to read the actual report of the grand jury in its entirety, yet you are all on the edge of your seats waiting for what ESPN (that notable establishment of sexual harassment, misogyny, and homophobia) has to report. A lot of what you're quoting as fact in your posts isn't based on any of the testimony offered-- it's what the media has altered and paraphrased. And some of it is downright false, for example, Sandusky was not affiliated with the team in 2002, yet several of you are arguing he was. I'm amazed that some of you know all the facts-- even offering some that haven't been reported anywhere. And you know exactly how many people had knowledge of this. Perhaps you should offer testimony to the grand jury. You were too squeamish to read the presentment, but you all clicked on the link to the rumor about kids being pimped out, didn't you?

PA law requires that allegations of sexual abuse at a state institution must be reported to the Department of Public Welfare and the police having jurisdiction by the Administration. If people think the law sucks, then change it, don't blame people for following it. The administration was notified, for whatever reasons, they didn't follow up on it. Personally I'd like to know why Paterno was fired, yet the AD and head of police services he reported the allegation to were respectively allowed to take leave and retire.

Those "riots" you heard about were greatly exaggerated. One news van turned over. No fires set, no storefronts vandalized, no looting, despite what ESPN reported. Nothing close to what happens in your fair city when a team wins a playoff game. Nothing close to what's been happening in Oakland (yet suddenly nobody gives a **** about who's occupying what where this week. Hmmmm).

I will agree that this is the tip of the iceberg, but not in the way you think. I believe enough victims across the country will be emboldened by this and you'll start hearing about a lot more cases like this across the country, even your own alma mater.

Not sure who this is directed to, but I read the entire grand jury report. PA law on mandatory reporting needs to be changed immediately. Anyone who witnesses abuse must call the police (not campus police) or CPS.

Cross Traffic
November 12th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Thing that pisses me off even more is the McQueary played in Sandusky's golf tourney in 2004 for his sham of a "foundation". My guess is that McQueary was given a job for keeping quiet. Some low moral character there buddy.

Annapurna
November 12th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Thing that pisses me off even more is the McQueary played in Sandusky's golf tourney in 2004 for his sham of a "foundation". My guess is that McQueary was given a job for keeping quiet. Some low moral character there buddy.

Completely agree.

ChilledAgua
November 13th, 2011, 12:07 AM
For Tonga -

Penn State top recruit reportedly will not attend school - College Football News | FOX Sports on MSN (http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Penn-State-top-recurit-will-not-attend-school-111011)

Maybe he'll come to UCLA.

TONGA
November 14th, 2011, 05:50 PM
It begins

SmytheKing
November 15th, 2011, 02:59 AM

I will agree that this is the tip of the iceberg, but not in the way you think. I believe enough victims across the country will be emboldened by this and you'll start hearing about a lot more cases like this across the country, even your own alma mater.Uh. . .in 1998 when he was investigated the FIRST time, he WAS associated with the team. It was right before he retired after being regarded as one of the best coordinators in the country. I'm sure that was just a coincidence. I'm also sure that they had no idea he was still using school facilities up until the other week even though he was on trial for sexually assaulting several children on campus grounds in addition to on team trips like bowl games. Why ANYONE would defend Paterno at this point blows me away.

Royal_Roader
November 15th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Uh. . .in 1998 when he was investigated the FIRST time, he WAS associated with the team. It was right before he retired after being regarded as one of the best coordinators in the country. I'm sure that was just a coincidence. I'm also sure that they had no idea he was still using school facilities up until the other week even though he was on trial for sexually assaulting several children on campus grounds in addition to on team trips like bowl games. Why ANYONE would defend Paterno at this point blows me away.

That remains one of the questions people have--- who is "they" who allowed Sandusky to use campus facilities? And why did some of "them" get fired while others got to resign, or go on paid leave? Why not give everyone the same treatment? Why did nobody else who saw him with these kids at bowl games report their suspicions? Wouldn't that be the "moral" thing to do? Or is moral only what we expect from everyone else?

Perhaps you should direct some of your righteous indignation toward your own organization that allows coaches who engage in incest to remain employed.

SmytheKing
November 15th, 2011, 05:42 PM
That remains one of the questions people have--- who is "they" who allowed Sandusky to use campus facilities? And why did some of "them" get fired while others got to resign, or go on paid leave? Why not give everyone the same treatment? Why did nobody else who saw him with these kids at bowl games report their suspicions? Wouldn't that be the "moral" thing to do? Or is moral only what we expect from everyone else?

Perhaps you should direct some of your righteous indignation toward your own organization that allows coaches who engage in incest to remain employed.Huh? What are you even TALKING ABOUT? Who might have noticed him at a bowl game travelling with the team? How about Paterno and the rest of the people that have known him for 40 years? Also, that bolded thing? I have honestly no idea what you're saying. Other than making assumptions or just making **** up, I can't figure it out.

Cross Traffic
November 16th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Police say they have no record of Penn State's Mike McQueary reporting assault - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7243505/police-say-no-record-penn-state-mike-mcqueary-reporting-assault)

There is a shocker for ya ginger enabler never reported it. He was a **** QB, **** coach and is a ****ty liar.

SmytheKing
December 16th, 2011, 09:06 PM
For those folks on the "Paterno didn't know" bandwagon:

In the testimony, Paterno said he "knew inappropriate action was taken by Jerry Sandusky with a youngster" after a meeting with then-graduate assistant Mike McQueary, who allegedly saw Sandusky sexually abusing a boy in a locker room shower the previous night, but did not inform police and waited at least a day to inform his boss, athletic director Tim Curley, because he "didn't want to interfere with their weekends."

What a quality guy.

Paterno ‘knew inappropriate action was taken by Jerry Sandusky with a youngster’ in 2002 - Dr. Saturday - NCAAF?Blog - Yahoo! Sports (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Joe-Paterno-told-a-grand-jury-he-8216-knew-ina?urn=ncaaf-wp11597)

Cross Traffic
December 16th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Paterno is as much of a slime as Sandusky is. McQueary is still an idiot, he didn't want to use the words sodomy or anal intercourse? Grow Up!

LAsportsfan
July 23rd, 2012, 12:05 PM
PSU get taken to the cleaners

Penn State Nittany Lions hit with $60 million fine, 4-year bowl ban, wins dating to 1998 - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8191027/penn-state-nittany-lions-hit-60-million-fine-4-year-bowl-ban-wins-dating-1998)

Dexter
July 23rd, 2012, 02:03 PM
Wonder how many transfers happen in result. Can't imagine many hoping to go pro stay on.

Cross Traffic
July 23rd, 2012, 09:15 PM
PSU is going to enjoy some 3-9 seasons for a while.