PDA

View Full Version : MLB: The Official 2012 Angels thread

Pages : [1] 2

Melfice
January 22nd, 2012, 04:12 AM
New year and time for a new thread for the 2012 Angels! It should be a very interesting season indeed. I hope they make the playoffs, and go pretty deep as well

LOSTcauseZERO
January 22nd, 2012, 10:46 PM
The expectations have been set ridiculously high for this season, but they will at least contend for the AL West title. I do find it funny how the MLB Network analysts have already seemingly given the Rangers the title though just because they signed Yu Darvish. It seems they have given Darvish the AL Cy Young already too. He hasn't made a single pitch in the MLB yet, so how is it possible that the analysts can be so high on him already. If anything, he should be expected to eventually fail just like every Japanese pitcher before him.

TooCool
January 23rd, 2012, 10:35 AM
The expectations have been set ridiculously high for this season, but they will at least contend for the AL West title. I do find it funny how the MLB Network analysts have already seemingly given the Rangers the title though just because they signed Yu Darvish. It seems they have given Darvish the AL Cy Young already too. He hasn't made a single pitch in the MLB yet, so how is it possible that the analysts can be so high on him already. If anything, he should be expected to eventually fail just like every Japanese pitcher before him.

All hype. Just like with Dice-K.

Melfice
January 28th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Yeah I don't think the Rangers are going to be push overs this year. The Angels have a lot of work ahead of them indeed

IceDogsFan
March 2nd, 2012, 02:59 PM
Looking forward to the new season but I'm not looking forward to another year of Terry Smith & Jose Mota, the worst Angels radio broadcast duo in the history of the club.

Terry Smith repeats himself endlessly and Jose Mota can't enunciate English well enough.

I'd rather have a simulcast with TV announcers Victor Rojas & Mark Gubicza.

Makes me long for the days of Dick Enberg & Don Drysdale.

Ice24
March 2nd, 2012, 04:13 PM
Looking forward to the new season but I'm not looking forward to another year of Terry Smith & Jose Mota, the worst Angels radio broadcast duo in the history of the club.

Terry Smith repeats himself endlessly and Jose Mota can't enunciate English well enough.

Bring back the Hud-Man, he was awesome.

LOSTcauseZERO
March 3rd, 2012, 12:40 AM

I don't mind Terry and Jose for the radio broadcasts. I like that Jose is very knowledegable about the strategy of the game.

mitchrock
March 3rd, 2012, 06:58 AM
Anyone doing the Angels 5K run on April 22nd? I did it during the All Star Festivites and had a blast. Looking forward to it this year.

TooCool
March 5th, 2012, 08:38 AM
First Spring Training game today against Oakland.

I read an article on the Pasadena Star News this morning about how Pujols shows up every morning for batting practice at 7 AM when players don't have to report until 9 AM. That's insane.

TooCool
March 26th, 2012, 09:44 AM
So Kendrys Morales hit a homer on Saturday against the Indians. Hopefully he's back to his old self. Baseball season is almost here! Can't wait for some Halo domination.

Melfice
April 1st, 2012, 07:02 PM
The 5th SP is still up in the air it seems.

Williams-Richards fifth-starter battle continues | angels.com: News (http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120401&content_id=27814684&notebook_id=27817974&vkey=notebook_ana&c_id=ana)

kba4life2
April 1st, 2012, 10:42 PM
The 5th SP is still up in the air it seems.

Williams-Richards fifth-starter battle continues | angels.com: News (http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120401&content_id=27814684Žebook_id=27817974&vkey=notebook_ana&c_id=ana)

I'm fine with either. Both seem capable of doing a solid job

TooCool
April 2nd, 2012, 09:27 AM
Tickets for Opening Night on Stubhub has dropped from $80+ down to $30 now. I'm definitely going to have to grab these... but I'm going to wait another day or two in hopes that it'll be cheaper.

Melfice
April 6th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Weaver gets his first win, and Albert was the only Angel who did not get a hit tonight! Can we have a refund please ;)

Melfice
April 6th, 2012, 11:36 PM
5 Reasons Albert Pujols Will Regret Leaving St. Louis | Bleacher Report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1131363-5-reasons-albert-pujols-will-regret-leaving-st-louis?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=los-angeles-angels-of-anaheim)

kba4life2
April 7th, 2012, 10:27 AM
5 Reasons Albert Pujols Will Regret Leaving St. Louis | Bleacher Report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1131363-5-reasons-albert-pujols-will-regret-leaving-st-louis?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=los-angeles-angels-of-anaheim)

I understand these devil's advocate articles have got to come out strictly for content filler but what a lame attempt. Half of his career RBI's have come against the NL Central because, I dunno, they play division opponents HALF of the time!!! I never get the ridiculous affection for Cardinal fans. I've never been to St. Louis for a game but everytime I see one on TV the stadium sounds like a library, albeit a full one

Melfice
April 7th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Thinking of studs...Kendrys was 4-4 today!!! Glad to have him back on the team

Melfice
April 8th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Well at least Kendrys is hitting well...but today they did not score enough runs. That, and Haren had a bad start too.

Melfice
April 8th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Seems like the Angels of 2011 to me!!! Leaving tons of runners on base :(

kba4life2
April 9th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Mike Trout is hitting a measly .500 through 4 games. How long is the leash for Wells going to be?

Melfice
April 9th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Yeah please replace Wells with Trout!!! Wells won't cut it and Hunter is not good as the cleanup man.

kba4life2
April 9th, 2012, 01:33 AM
Yeah please replace Wells with Trout!!! Wells won't cut it and Hunter is not good as the cleanup man.

His bat speed is absolutely gone. Trout still has a lot to learn but replacing Wells with him improves the team in every facet of the game. Freakin Tony Reagins

TooCool
April 9th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Terrible weekend besides Weaver's gem on Friday.

Haren and Santana with poor starts, but I'm sure they'll bounce back quickly. Too much pressure on Pujols so far but at the same time, everyone knows that he starts slow.

Mike Trout is hitting a measly .500 through 4 games. How long is the leash for Wells going to be?

I think you have to give Wells at least a month. He was pretty decent in Spring Training and was hoping for a huge bounce back year. With the outfield overloaded though, I think Trout is screwed until Abreu gets moved. :(

Ice24
April 9th, 2012, 09:35 AM
What is going on with the Angels, usually the pitching has the upper hand during the early part of the season. I guess only for the opponents.

Melfice
April 9th, 2012, 11:01 PM
His bat speed is absolutely gone. Trout still has a lot to learn but replacing Wells with him improves the team in every facet of the game. Freakin Tony Reagins

Good thing is...no more Tony Reagins!!! The Wells trade really hurts the Angels for a while too :(

I don't think the team will take the hit and let him walk away etc. But at least the Halos win today tho! Let's do it again tomorrow too

Melfice
April 11th, 2012, 08:35 PM
I bet Weaver is pissed at the BP for a blown game. Yeah so far I'm not that impressed with the Angels at all.

kba4life2
April 12th, 2012, 12:14 AM
The lineup just seems very underwhelming when Trumbo isn't in it

TooCool
April 12th, 2012, 07:56 AM
The lineup just seems very underwhelming when Trumbo isn't in it

I agree. Our main lineup should be:

Aybar
Kendrick
Pujols
Morales
Trumbo
Hunter
Abreu
Iannetta
Bourjos

But of course, with Wells being the highest paid player on the team... :facepalm: you have to play him. He really needs to snap out of his funk. He looked good in Spring Training too... I guess my hopes were too high for him.

kba4life2
April 13th, 2012, 12:02 AM
I agree. Our main lineup should be:

Aybar
Kendrick
Pujols
Morales
Trumbo
Hunter
Abreu
Iannetta
Bourjos

But of course, with Wells being the highest paid player on the team... :facepalm: you have to play him. He really needs to snap out of his funk. He looked good in Spring Training too... I guess my hopes were too high for him.

You'd figure with how craptastic his last few years have been he would've at the very least showed up to camp in good shape...or at least not be rocking a tire around his waist. His bitch tits have some serious jiggling action everytime he swings and misses at a high fastball. Doesn't the guy have any pride?

Melfice
April 16th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Angels and their pos Bullpen cont to suck. If the starters don't have a good game, the Angels will most likley lose.

Melfice
April 17th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Got my bobblehead tonight! That's the good news, and Mike S and the Bullpen sucks again. Why did Mike take Haren out of the game?!?! And NOT use Downs for more than one pitch?!?

TooCool
April 18th, 2012, 04:46 PM
I think Scioscia is the next Terry Murray... get them the **** out of here before it's too late.

Melfice
April 18th, 2012, 11:12 PM
I think Scioscia is the next Terry Murray... get them the **** out of here before it's too late.

I can't agree anymore with ya man!!! I have been done with Scioscia for a while, and he does not know how to manage this team anymore. Also, Mike has been here way too long anyway. It's time for a change and fast

LOSTcauseZERO
April 19th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Scioscia is staying. He is still one of the best Managers in the game. You doom and gloomers make me laugh. It's way too early in the season for those shenanigans. The Angels ALWAYS start slow. Don't worry 'bout a thing until early May.

Melfice
April 24th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Mike S needs to go and the same with Mickey Hatcher!!! They have been here way too long and it's time for a change. I'm tired of see the same **** over the last three years. Why does the front office not see that Mickey Hatcher is useless, and needs to be replaced?

TooCool
April 24th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Mike S needs to go and the same with Mickey Hatcher!!! They have been here way too long and it's time for a change. I'm tired of see the same **** over the last three years. Why does the front office not see that Mickey Hatcher is useless, and needs to be replaced?

The same could be said for the Kings sadly. All these years and Kompon still has a job. It's pretty ridiculous.

Melfice
April 25th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Haha a lose again. I think I know what the problem is. Other than the bad BP. Mike S only knows how to play one style of baseball, and if the team is unable to do so, big Mike can't adjust. Whatever. I have the MLS to keep me busy until the new hockey season starts! Once the playoffs are done that is

Cross Traffic
April 26th, 2012, 01:24 PM
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! Nice game winning home run given up there Walden. This team's bullpen is gawd awful!!!

LOSTcauseZERO
April 26th, 2012, 03:26 PM
According to the MLB Network, Kevin Millar on Intentional Talk I think, the Angels have used 18 different lineups. That is the biggest problem for the Angels, with the bullpen (that can be fixed mentally) being the minor problem. Trumbo needs to be in the lineup everyday, as in an everyday player playing time, behind Pujols.

Cross Traffic
April 27th, 2012, 07:03 PM
6-14! Saw the 2-0 score and figured the bully would blow it, they did.

Dawdler
April 27th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Angels release Abreu (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/7865074/bobby-abreu-released-los-angeles-angels)

I guess the front office reads Ken Rosenthal Angels need a quick fix (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/los-angeles-angels-can-fix-problems-albert-pujols-mike-trout-mark-trumbo-bobby-abreu-042612)

Cross Traffic
April 27th, 2012, 09:32 PM
About damn time!!!! Scioscia needs to stop this play everyone mentality, it isn't helping anyone right now. As for Abreu, they should have dumped that bum in spring training after his crybaby act got into the papers, you are 38 and making 9 mil a year. Shutup and enjoy your time on the bench.

IceDogsFan
April 27th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Angels release Abreu (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/7865074/bobby-abreu-released-los-angeles-angels)

I guess the front office reads Ken Rosenthal Angels need a quick fix (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/los-angeles-angels-can-fix-problems-albert-pujols-mike-trout-mark-trumbo-bobby-abreu-042612)

Trout recalled

Melfice
April 27th, 2012, 11:11 PM
The Bullpen strikes again!

LOSTcauseZERO
April 27th, 2012, 11:48 PM

I guess the front office reads Ken Rosenthal Angels need a quick fix (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/los-angeles-angels-can-fix-problems-albert-pujols-mike-trout-mark-trumbo-bobby-abreu-042612)I was thinking the Angels' lineup was too crowded, but I hope the Angels at least tried to get something for Abreu as opposed to an out-right release.

aaron
April 28th, 2012, 12:10 AM
reporting for 2012 season.

Looks like I haven't missed much.
And will have to load up on podcasts to replace bad announcers.

LOSTcauseZERO
April 28th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Holy jumpin'! The Angels finally won a game...but only scored 2 runs.

Melfice
April 28th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Holy jumpin'! The Angels finally won a game...but only scored 2 runs.

That's amazing offense for the Angels tho!!!

Melfice
April 29th, 2012, 09:11 PM
I really don't think this team will turn it around in 2012. It's going to be a VERY LONG season Halos fans :pskulc:

LOSTcauseZERO
April 29th, 2012, 09:47 PM
I really don't think this team will turn it around in 2012. It's going to be a VERY LONG season Halos fans :pskulc:I don't know yet. I still think it's too early in the season to tell. I'll say if the Angels don't turn it around soon, as in this week, their chance of even being in the wild card game are low.

aaron
April 29th, 2012, 10:09 PM
When does the Pujols=Wells watch start?

Melfice
April 29th, 2012, 10:24 PM
I don't know yet. I still think it's too early in the season to tell. I'll say if the Angels don't turn it around soon, as in this week, their chance of even being in the wild card game are low.

Haha remember all that hype about the Angels winning the WS this year?!? Riiiiight like that's going to happen. They will be very lucky to win an AL wild card this season, let alone make the playoffs

Cross Traffic
May 2nd, 2012, 09:42 PM
10th no hitter in Angels history!!!!! Great game by Jared Weaver!!!! Is this the turning point?!?!

TooCool
May 2nd, 2012, 09:43 PM
Congrats on the no hitter Jered!

I think it is indeed the turning point. 3 game winning streak too. Bats are heating up from Hunter, Kendrick, and Morales. Just wait until Trout and Pujols get hot.

Then we don't need the bullpen at all! :woot:

LOSTcauseZERO
May 2nd, 2012, 10:00 PM
That should quiet the doyers up right quick.

aaron
May 2nd, 2012, 10:14 PM
I was switching back and forth between the Rags and the Angels, and once it hit 5-0, I went to Rags full time.

Listening to the Joe Rogan podcast when the Rags game ended, switched over to the Angels, saw it was 9-0 in the top of the 9th, and turned it off.
Had no idea there was a no-hitter in progress.
lol
I must be the only person to ever turn off a no-hitter during the top of the ninth.

aaron
May 2nd, 2012, 10:15 PM
It was right after watching Pujols line out in the top of the 9th.

Melfice
May 2nd, 2012, 10:35 PM
Awesome night for Weaver! But look what I found at the Angels website! Maybe Hatcher will be gone soon?!? One can hope

Hatcher, Pujols get past 'misunderstanding' | angels.com: News (http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120501&content_id=30092520&notebook_id=30092528&vkey=notebook_ana&c_id=ana)

aaron
May 2nd, 2012, 10:56 PM
what is Hatcher going to tell Pujols about hitting? Good lord.

Cross Traffic
May 3rd, 2012, 07:20 AM
Weaver's no hitter yesterday was the first Angels one at the Big A since 1990 (Mark Langston and Mike Witt combined on a no hitter) and the first single pitcher no hitter there since 1975 (Nolan Ryan)

TooCool
May 3rd, 2012, 07:47 AM
Weaver's no hitter yesterday was the first Angels one at the Big A since 1990 (Mark Langston and Mike Witt combined on a no hitter) and the first single pitcher no hitter there since 1975 (Nolan Ryan)

Damn, it's been that long for the home fans to see in person?

IceDogsFan
May 3rd, 2012, 08:23 AM

I was at Nolan Ryan's 4th No-No in 1975, don't remember much except it was against Baltimore. I was on a date and I told her (don't even remember her name) before the game that Nolan Ryan was going to pitch a No-Hitter - and he did!

mitchrock
May 3rd, 2012, 10:04 AM
I remember Mike Witt's perfect game on TV. Never got to see one in person. Was glad for Weaver and the Angels last night. Also glad for So Cal. There was a real damper on the day with Junior Seau's death. Glad to see some good news at the end of the day from the Angels.

kba4life2
May 3rd, 2012, 02:03 PM
Great stuff from Weaver. I'm surprised Arte kicking around the tires for building a stadium in LA hasn't been discussed here yet. What do you guys think?

LOSTcauseZERO
May 3rd, 2012, 02:08 PM
Great stuff from Weaver. I'm surprised Arte kicking around the tires for building a stadium in LA hasn't been discussed here yet. What do you guys think?No. The Angels are trying to stay away from fans being beat up, stabbed, and shot. We'll leave for the vato gangbangers at doyer stadium.

(DISCLAIMER: Random shenanigans has had happened at Angel Staduim, but nowhere near the extent it has happened at doyer stadium.)

aaron
May 3rd, 2012, 07:56 PM
Wells is batting 2nd?!?
Sciocia done lost his mind.

TooCool
May 4th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Since Mathis didn't play last night... I wonder how the crowd at the Big A will react. Cheer or boo?

He's actually hitting .294 with 2 HR, 5 Runs, and 5 RBI.

Meanwhile Pujols is hitting .202 with 0 HR, 9 Runs, and 5 RBI. :lol:

Mickey Hatcher really is a cancerous hitting coach.

Drunken Crunker
May 4th, 2012, 09:44 PM
I saw Doughty in the crowd at the game today.

Two very solid outings by Morrow and Alvarez. Set the bar high for Drabek to follow tomorrow.

Cross Traffic
May 4th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Pujols is now .194....****!

Hatcher should get the boot NOW! Scioscia is next if this crap keeps up.

Melfice
May 5th, 2012, 02:23 PM
And Pujols is not happy with Hatcher as well. WHY has he not been fired yet?!?! I'll be happy once Scioscia is gone too

Melfice
May 6th, 2012, 10:54 PM
MLB.com Gameday | angels.com: Gameday (http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2012_05_06_tormlb_anamlb_1&mode=recap&c_id=ana)

Took a while, but Albert hits his first (of many I hope) homer as an Angel

LOSTcauseZERO
May 7th, 2012, 12:44 PM
I'm pretty sure the Angels have turned things around now.

Melfice
May 11th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Angels are sucking bad tonight

aaron
May 11th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Angels are sucking bad

Saddest fyp ever.
Didn't bother waiting around for the end of the rain delay.

TooCool
May 12th, 2012, 02:46 AM
Thank goodness it is still hockey season for us. Nothing is going to happen with the Halos until Scioscia and Hatcher gets canned.

Melfice
May 12th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Thank goodness it is still hockey season for us. Nothing is going to happen with the Halos until Scioscia and Hatcher gets canned.

You think?!?! Mike Scioscia has been an issue for a while now, and Hatcher is a joke and a waste of payroll $$$ for even longer! I want Hatcher gone in a few weeks (one can hope) and Scioscia during the offseasn. If the Angels below .500, Mike will be gone this winter! And I'll be clapping all the way home too. I can't stand watching Scioscia the last few seasons I tell ya. Most overrated Manager in all MLB

TooCool
May 12th, 2012, 04:01 PM
You think?!?! Mike Scioscia has been an issue for a while now, and Hatcher is a joke and a waste of payroll $$$ for even longer! I wont Hatcher gone in a few weeks (one can hope) and Scioscia during the offseasn. If the Angels below .500, Mike will be gone this winter! And I'll be clapping all the way home too. I can't stand watching Scioscia the last few seasons I tell ya. Most overrated Manager in all MLB

Over on Angelswin, they're planning a paper bag night for Wednesday night (Peter Bourjos Bobblehead night). Let's see how the turnout goes...

Melfice
May 13th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Wow Weaver gave up 8 runs in 3.3 inns pitched, and the Angels are not going to turn this ship around. They are done and Weaver is allowed a bad game or two, but there is no way Anaheim will have a chance at this division. The Rangers are just too good this season

Anyway, at least one of my teams are still kicking major ass!!! Go Kings Go

Melfice
May 15th, 2012, 11:13 AM
This team is a pure mess and still showing all the holes it really has (and that were not addressed). And the fact Mike S can't make up his mind up on a lineup...is MAKING things worse too! Also, I don't think Pujols is going to turn things about this season. Maybe next, but not in 2012.

Maybe 2013 will be better, but I don't even care anymore. Wake me up with the Angels have a new manager and coaching staff please

LOSTcauseZERO
May 15th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Micky Hatcher might've just got fired right now. Triple-A coach Eppard filling in on an iterim basis.

TooCool
May 15th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Micky Hatcher might've just got fired right now. Triple-A coach Eppard filling in on an iterim basis.

Finally! Long overdue!!!!!!!!!!

You're next Scioscia!!!!!

LOSTcauseZERO
May 15th, 2012, 09:14 PM
You're next Scioscia!!!!!

I don't see him getting fired any time soon. I think the problem was really just Hatcher.

Melfice
May 15th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Los Angeles Angels dismiss hitting coach Hatcher | angels.com: News (http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120515&content_id=31385572&vkey=news_ana&c_id=ana)

to make it offical and all!!! LONG OVER do indeed

Melfice
May 15th, 2012, 09:52 PM
I don't see him getting fired any time soon. I think the problem was really just Hatcher.

I hope you are right man, but Scioscia needs to be on a very short rope too. I think his time is up in Anaheim. The team needs more changes and fast

HockeyMariner88
May 15th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Thank you to Hatcher for all he's done and I wish him the best but........IT'S ABOUT EFFIN' time!!!!!!!

LOSTcauseZERO
May 16th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Jimmy jack for Pujols!

IceDogsFan
May 16th, 2012, 09:55 PM
The players let Hatcher down and he was made a scapegoat. The players should feel ashamed.

LOSTcauseZERO
May 17th, 2012, 01:17 AM
The players let Hatcher down and he was made a scapegoat. The players should feel ashamed.

I really hope they do too, but the coach(s) is always the scapegoat.

aaron
May 17th, 2012, 01:25 AM
Who is the baseball equivalent of DSutter?

TooCool
May 17th, 2012, 07:56 AM
1-0 without Hatcher. So far so good.

kba4life2
May 19th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Trout=Kemp 2.0

Melfice
May 19th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Yeah he has been awesome so far! Let's see how Trout holds up for the rest of the season tho

Melfice
May 20th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Angles lose a series again :monkeypalm:

aaron
May 20th, 2012, 09:03 PM
After 40 games (1/4 of the season):

8/21

That's the home runs, runs scored, and W/K's Pujols has this year.
14 runs! I know Runs is an old unused stat, but wow does that show how bad he and the rest of the offense has been.
Has TMurray become his personal hitting instructor?

Melfice
May 23rd, 2012, 06:45 PM
Damn the Angels win the series against the A's and now are only 7 games back from first! One can hope...err nm it's the Halos we are taking about.

LOSTcauseZERO
May 23rd, 2012, 10:31 PM
Damn the Angels win the series against the A's and now are only 7 games back from first! One can hope...err nm it's the Halos we are taking about.

It is the Halos, and they have a nasty habit of coming from out of nowhere to win. The Angels still have a lot of time left in the season to put together a good run. Everyone on that team is starting to play a little better now. You can't count this team out yet.

TooCool
May 24th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Huge homestand coming up. The Skanks and Rangers. Win both series, and then the Halos are right back in it.

LOSTcauseZERO
May 24th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Dan Haren just straight dominated the Mariners.

Melfice
May 24th, 2012, 10:36 PM
With tonight's win, the Angels are no longer in last place in the division!

Cross Traffic
May 24th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Was even better to see in person!!! Safeco Field is a great place to see a game, Staff and fans are very nice,may have been 15,000 in the house.

aaron
May 25th, 2012, 02:21 AM
Safeco looked empty.

Pujols 3-4. (solid anti-jinx by me itt)
Haren CG win (even if it is the Mariners)
Trout looking like the real deal now.
Wells not taking up space for 8-10 weeks
If Kendrick returns to form

Decent chance they get to .500 soon, and with the AL East beating each other up, a wild card isn't out of the question. And as Kings fans know, once in anything can happen.

LOSTcauseZERO
May 25th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Was even better to see in person!!! Safeco Field is a great place to see a game, Staff and fans are very nice,may have been 15,000 in the house.
I wish I would've gone to a game at Safeco while I was working up there. I like hearing the train roll by during games, kinda' weird.

Cross Traffic
May 25th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Hot damn , what a comeback. Several fans near me thought Brandon League (not every closer needs the Gagne/Hoffman intro. the Mariners were using blue flames and Leagues' name in gangster font) would blow the save and he sure did.

LOSTcauseZERO
May 26th, 2012, 12:08 AM
I turned the game off after the Mariners went up 4-0. Whoops.

aaron
May 26th, 2012, 12:34 AM
almost did the same, except I wanted to see Pujols bat next inning.

then almost gave up after the 8th.

noticed quite a few more smiles around the team. might just be starting to gel.

Cross Traffic
May 26th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Today is turn back the clock to the 50s day. M's wkll wear Rainers gear and the Anges will wear their Pcl unis complete with the logo the Dodgers stole. :P

Melfice
May 27th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Got to love Seattle. It's the one team that's pretty much free wins for the Angels. 6 game winning streak but against some weak teams. Let's see what the Yankees bring tho. I'm hoping for a series win myself

Cross Traffic
May 28th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Got to love Seattle. It's the one team that's pretty much free wins for the Angels. 6 game winning streak but against some weak teams. Let's see what the Yankees bring tho. I'm hoping for a series win myself

Didn't see the fourth game of the series, Safeco is a must see as a ballpark, great views, nice field and the fans are very welcoming to opposing fans.

aaron
May 28th, 2012, 07:59 PM
4-4 bottom of the second, wilson gets on and he has trout sacrifice

aaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh

MikeS has been a good manager, continually winning more than he should, but god damn is he frustrating.

HattrickTR
May 29th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Man did I phone it in after Weaver went down in the 1st, but that ended up being the most fun Angel game I've been at in a LOOOOOOONG time. Back and forth, some good stretches of pitching and D, lots of scoring, and Trumbo with a no-doubter to end it! Trout is a stud and he needs to stay up in the bigs for good. We're starting to see the Angels that we thought we would see before the season started; now Albert just needs to keep turning it around.

TooCool
May 29th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Hopefully Weaver doesn't need the 60 day DL.

Hunter is set to return soon too... and I hate to say it but we actually don't need him. Love how Trumbo, Morales, and Trout are getting everyday playing time right now. Hell, I feel bad for Bourjos... he needs to play everyday too! He had to pass out his own bobblehead the other night because he wasn't in the lineup, how sad is that?

Go Halos! Destroy the Yankees and Rangers.

IceDogsFan
May 29th, 2012, 09:40 AM
I hate it when the yankees come to town, all the local skankee fans come out of the woodwork, wish they'd all shut up and go home...

...but it was nice to see Trumbo shut 'em all up with 1 swing of the bat.

aaron
May 29th, 2012, 10:41 AM
.500 reached

next step, wildcard position

kba4life2
May 29th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Dumb move to not find a spot in the lineup for Trumbo every game at the beginning of the year

LOSTcauseZERO
May 29th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Yep, the Angels are back.

Melfice
June 3rd, 2012, 02:09 AM
Maybe the Angels' season is not over yet! They are making very good ground on Texas and are only 3.5 games back from 1st place! If they can sweep the Rangers tomorrow, it will be huge indeed. Come on Haren!!! We need a QS and win tomorrow please!

LOSTcauseZERO
June 3rd, 2012, 09:27 PM
Maybe the Angels' season is not over yet!It's only June 3rd. Why would you think the Angels' season was over to begin with?

Melfice
June 4th, 2012, 12:50 AM
It's only June 3rd. Why would you think the Angels' season was over to begin with?

Because they were sucking real bad, and I did not think the team could turn it around. I still think Texas will win the division tho

LOSTcauseZERO
June 4th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Because they were sucking real bad, and I did not think the team could turn it around. I still think Texas will win the division tho
The Rangers will more than likely take the division, I agree there, but I think the Angels will make it pretty close. I'd be happy getting in through the Wild Card. A tough start to a season is no reason to lose hope though, especially with the Angels.

TooCool
June 4th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Well, we got the series wins against the Skanks and Rangers.

The Mariners are here... that should be a must win series, no question.

TooCool
June 17th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Now that the Kings are the Stanley Cup Champs... we can all turn our attention to the Halos a bit more.

Can you imagine if the Halos win the World Series this year like they were expected to at the start of the season? Imagine that for David Courtney. 2 rings in a year, that would be frigging insane!

Oh, and a little off topic but I saw this on Angelswin and thought I'd share with the Angels/Dodgers interleague record against each other.

http://i.imgur.com/kng0w.jpg

No surprise there.

aaron
June 17th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Had the over in tonight's game. Then Santana decides to go all 1 hitter.
No disrespect, but did that home plate ump have a huge strikezone?

TooCool
June 23rd, 2012, 02:52 AM
I think I have a man-crush on Mike Trout. This guy is all kinds of awesome.

aaron
June 23rd, 2012, 09:49 AM
What's the Angels record since Wells went down?

And yes, I'm going to beat that dead horse into a bloody pulp.

kba4life2
June 23rd, 2012, 09:59 AM
What's the Angels record since Wells went down?

And yes, I'm going to beat that dead horse into a bloody pulp.

What a loser. He has a few horrible years in a row...then comes into spring training out of shape. His bitch tits can give Phil Mickelson a run for his money. Tells you everything you need to know about his current desire

LOSTcauseZERO
June 27th, 2012, 05:22 PM
I'm pretty sure the catch Mike Trout made today was the most amazing catch I have ever seen. EVER.

TooCool
June 27th, 2012, 11:06 PM
I'm pretty sure the catch Mike Trout made today was the most amazing catch I have ever seen. EVER.

Amazing stuff.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/social/Trout-color-catch.gif

Dawdler
July 13th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Trout is a stud, if things go right, he should win at least 2 MVPs in his career

aaron
July 14th, 2012, 11:32 AM
3 hits, run, 2 stolen bases
by the 4th inning

sick

Melfice
July 14th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Angels lose again to the Yankees :(

IceDogsFan
July 27th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Zach Greinke to Angels for Jean Segura and two Double-A pitchers

Link (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/07/angels-close-to-acquiring-zack-greinke.html)

LOSTcauseZERO
July 27th, 2012, 05:00 PM
And the Angels didn't even give up much. I know Segura is highly touted, but I wasn't really impressed with him.

TooCool
July 27th, 2012, 07:04 PM
And the Angels didn't even give up much. I know Segura is highly touted, but I wasn't really impressed with him.

Great trade that's for sure. Yeah, I heard lots of great things about Segura but we already have Aybar and Kendrick locked up anyway.

I'm glad we didn't even move Bourjos either! (Maybe we'll have to for somebody else.)

kba4life2
July 27th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Yeah, Greinke is legit. Hunter and Santana's contracts off the books should help with re-signing him

LOSTcauseZERO
July 27th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Hunter and Santana's contracts off the books should help with re-signing him

The Angels still could re-sign Hunter. I would not be surprised at all if they did.

TooCool
July 28th, 2012, 03:00 AM
The Angels still could re-sign Hunter. I would not be surprised at all if they did.

Torii Hunter is making 18 mil this year. I read a few weeks ago on Angelswin that Hunter wants to stay an Angel. Only problem is that he said something along the lines of, "I will stay for 10 million dollars." Granted, it's a pay cut, but 10 mil for him would be pretty ridiculous. But hey, if the Halos win the big one this year... I don't care what they give him. :)

aaron
July 28th, 2012, 05:18 AM
sweet

I will not be sorry to see Ervin go. Especially if Greinke replaces him.
Weaver
Wilson
Greinke
Haren
Richards

Works for me.
Would not mind Hunter on a 1 year 10M, but would prefer a lefty bat.

kba4life2
July 28th, 2012, 10:06 AM
sweet

I will not be sorry to see Ervin go. Especially if Greinke replaces him.
Weaver
Wilson
Greinke
Haren
Richards

Works for me.
Would not mind Hunter on a 1 year 10M, but would prefer a lefty bat.

I'd rather them go for a legit 3rd baseman and just go with the growing pains of Bourjos or Calhoun for a full year. Hunter is a damn good dude but I think it's time to move on

aaron
July 28th, 2012, 10:57 AM
I don't know that I could give Bourjos/wells a full season of at bats. really drags down the Trout/trumbo combo.
A lefty outfielder would fit perfectly. hunter makes a decent fallback.

The 3rd basemen available for 2013 looks underwhelming. Don't know that you do better than callaspo / izturus.

If only Trumbo could make 3b work.

LOSTcauseZERO
July 28th, 2012, 07:25 PM
If only Trumbo could make 3b work.

He still could. He just hasn't really played there enough to completely learn that position. I honestly don't even know if the Angels are even having him work at 3rd during practice. More work there and I think he could do well at the 3rd base position.

TooCool
July 30th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Vernon Wells comes back for two games and the Halos can't score a single run. Coincidence? I think not.

aaron
July 30th, 2012, 12:05 PM
he's a black hole of suck

Melfice
August 6th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Angels won tonight at least

Melfice
August 11th, 2012, 07:52 PM
This team sucks...wake me up in 2013 when the pitching gets their act together (I hope)

Melfice
August 13th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Angels keep losing and losing. At this rate, they won't have a chance at the wild card. I think there needs to be a major change over the offseason. And I'm sure there will be. See ya Mike S. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out ;)

Melfice
August 18th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Wow this team is bad lol Is it hockey season yet?!?

Dawdler
August 18th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Wow this team is bad lol Is it hockey season yet?!?

pathetic 8-0 and they can't hold the lead, Scioscia should have been gone yesterday. With the talent on the team its a crime for them to perform like they are and it boils down to a manager who can no longer manage the talent he has.

Melfice
August 18th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Scioscia will be gone this offseason, and I'll be a happy camper indeed :)

aaron
August 19th, 2012, 01:27 AM
bet big on TB tonight. turned it off at 7-0. checked back and it was LOL 8-7. As soon as it was 8-8, was there any doubt who would win?

Melfice
August 19th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Wow the Angels' record is almost as bad as Seattle's right now. Anaheim is only two games over .500 what a joke

aaron
August 20th, 2012, 03:27 PM
unfortunately, the Angels Ichiro (aging former all-world player) is in the first year of a 10 year 260M dollar contract.

LOSTcauseZERO
August 21st, 2012, 07:56 PM
Holy ******* ****! The Angels finally won a game!

TooCool
August 21st, 2012, 08:01 PM
Holy ******* ****! The Angels finally won a game!

Now if we can go 39-0 the rest of the way.... :lol:

LOSTcauseZERO
August 22nd, 2012, 09:34 PM
2 in a row! 1 more and the Angels will have themselves a winning streak.

aaron
August 22nd, 2012, 10:15 PM
Do the Angels make more outs on the bases than any other team?

LOSTcauseZERO
August 23rd, 2012, 08:53 PM
And that is a winning streak. Just another Halo victory! Light that baby up!

TooCool
August 23rd, 2012, 09:06 PM
Wow 14-13... It felt like both teams were trying hard to lose.

I'm just glad the Red Sox suck more than us so far. Now if the Angels can put a whooping on the Tigers, then I'll be a little more convinced. Right now I'm not impressed at our throwaway season.

Melfice
August 23rd, 2012, 09:50 PM
Today's win is good I guess, but there is no way the Angels will get anywhere giving up all these runs :(

LOSTcauseZERO
August 24th, 2012, 10:17 PM
4! And the bullpen didn't suck.

Melfice
August 25th, 2012, 01:12 PM
4! And the bullpen didn't suck.

Maybe this is a sign that things will turn around for Anaheim. They still have a VERY good chance at the Wild Card. I still think the division is out of reach tho

Ice24
August 25th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Maybe this is a sign that things will turn around for Anaheim. They still have a VERY good chance at the Wild Card. I still think the division is out of reach tho

Not if the bullpen continues to lose games like tonight. At least three runs with two out tonight.

LOSTcauseZERO
August 26th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Not if the bullpen continues to lose games like tonight. At least three runs with two out tonight.

Allowing only 3 runs is a huge improvement over what they have be allowing before that.

Melfice
August 26th, 2012, 01:46 PM

Yeah but it's the starting pitching that can't go deep in games anymore. It's going to over work the bullpen like no tomorrow.

LOSTcauseZERO
August 26th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Despite losing 2 in a row, the Angels' pitching staff has been a lot better. The problem is getting the offense and pitching to be great at the same time.

TooCool
August 27th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Wow. I just looked at Stubhub and Angels/Red Sux tickets (Tuesday - Thursday) starts just under $3.00. I guess even the bandwagon Red Sux fans aren't going to see their crappy team either lol...

Chartrand
August 27th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Hey, you guys should be nicer to opposing fans. Without them filling the stadium, how would Uncle Arte pay for Vernon Wells?

LOSTcauseZERO
August 27th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Hey, you guys should be nicer to opposing fans. Without them filling the stadium, how would Uncle Arte pay for Vernon Wells?

This post is so full of FAIL! :fpalm:

Chartrand
August 27th, 2012, 06:10 PM
This post is so full of FAIL! :fpalm:

I see your facepalm emoticon and raise you Captain Picard...

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/001/582/picard-facepalm.jpg?1240934151

LOSTcauseZERO
August 27th, 2012, 06:55 PM
I see your facepalm emoticon and raise you Captain Picard...

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/001/582/picard-facepalm.jpg?1240934151

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/ericsavitz/files/2012/05/William-Shatner.jpg

LOSTcauseZERO
August 29th, 2012, 01:33 AM
Too bad the Angels can't play the red sux every game. They're pulling wins out of their rear ends from these guys.

TooCool
August 29th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Felt like that was the first time in a loooooooong time the Angels actually came back to win a game.

LOSTcauseZERO
August 30th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Has Kendrys Morales' homerun ball landed yet? Just curious, because I still haven't seen it land anywhere. Maybe it's on a flight path to San Clemente to catch that morning surf at Trestles.

Melfice
August 30th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Wow the Angels sure have Boston's number this season. When did that happen haha

Dawdler
August 31st, 2012, 10:38 PM
Holy Hell, the Angels 8.5 out why does Scioscia still have a job

TooCool
August 31st, 2012, 10:56 PM

AL West is completely out of reach by now. Texas and Oakland aren't going anywhere.

Nice little win streak here, but still too little too late barring a complete collapse in the Wild Card scene with Oakland, Baltimore, Detroit, and Tampa.

Rest of the schedule...

@ Seattle
@ Oakland
VS. Detroit
VS. Oakland
@ Kansas City
VS. Texas
VS. Chicago
VS. Seattle
@ Texas

Angels put themselves in this crappy position. Need too many other teams to lose while the Angels have to continue to win. Frustrating... this should have been our year. Plus, I was especially hoping that David Courtney would get a championship ring from the Kings AND Angels in the same year. Wouldn't that be something?

LOSTcauseZERO
August 31st, 2012, 11:01 PM

Really? Have you not been paying attention to the Angels lately? The Angels are still winning games. It's not Scioscia's fault that the teams ahead of the Angels are winning too.

LOSTcauseZERO
August 31st, 2012, 11:02 PM
The Angels are only 4 games out with a whole month to play people!

Dawdler
August 31st, 2012, 11:05 PM
Really? Have you not been paying attention to the Angels lately? The Angels are still winning games. It's not Scioscia's fault that the teams ahead of the Angels are winning too.

I prefer to not look at league standings till September, because that's when it really counts, so yeah I'm surprised the Angels are that far back with them winning games

TooCool
August 31st, 2012, 11:06 PM

In a way, the Halos do sort of feel like the Kings in every way. Great roster, should win it all... yet they're big underachievers. Now the Halos are struggling to make the playoffs, just like the Kings when things looked bad in the #8 seed. I mean hey, if other teams fall apart and we sneak into that Wild Card spot...

Dare I say, the Angels win every single road game in the playoffs too? ;)

Dawdler
August 31st, 2012, 11:07 PM

4 games out of a one game playoff, awesome!

Dawdler
August 31st, 2012, 11:09 PM

I really hope so, this is a team that can do it if the pieces fall into place.

LOSTcauseZERO
August 31st, 2012, 11:16 PM
I prefer to not look at league standings till September, because that's when it really counts, so yeah I'm surprised the Angels are that far back with them winning games

I'm surprised the Angels aren't near the top of the American League West too, but this whole season has been full of surprises. The emergence of Mike Trout, the collapse of the red sux (they had it comin'), and the amazing play of the "from out of nowhere" Athletics and Orioles for example. But to give up with an entire month and change of games left to play and only 4 games back of a playoff spot is ridiculous.

Melfice
September 1st, 2012, 03:46 PM
In a way, the Halos do sort of feel like the Kings in every way. Great roster, should win it all... yet they're big underachievers. Now the Halos are struggling to make the playoffs, just like the Kings when things looked bad in the #8 seed. I mean hey, if other teams fall apart and we sneak into that Wild Card spot...

Wishful thinking haha. The Angels are not as good as the Kings are to begin with. Their bullpen sucks, and that won't change in the playoffs

LOSTcauseZERO
September 1st, 2012, 04:33 PM
5 in a row! 2.5 games out and still 7 games left versus the Athletics. Shame on all of you for thinking the Angels have no chance of making the playoffs.

Melfice
September 1st, 2012, 04:46 PM
5 in a row! 2.5 games out and still 7 games left versus the Athletics. Shame on all of you for thinking the Angels have no chance of making the playoffs.

You mean by earning the new "free pass" to the playoffs? haha. It's the division or bust in my eyes. I don't like this second wild card to begin with.

LOSTcauseZERO
September 1st, 2012, 04:55 PM
You mean by earning the new "free pass" to the playoffs? haha. It's the division or bust in my eyes. I don't like this second wild card to begin with.

How did the Angels get into the playoffs in 2002? How did the Cardinals get into the playoffs last season? It doesn't matter how you get in, as long as you get in.

TooCool
September 1st, 2012, 05:00 PM

I actually don't mind the 2nd Wild Card now that I think about it some more. Baseball is a weird sport. By weird, I mean... the HOTTEST team will win. This will sound weird but because the Halos are fighting for the Wild Card spot, I absolutely welcome the 1 game playoff. As opposed to already being in the Wild Card spot, you know what I mean?

For the Halos, their position is simple. Win or go home. So if they can make it into the Wild Card playoffs, win that game... then take out the next team who already had their playoff spot secured. Because like I said, the hotter team on the bats will win. Sure, the Angels will already have used Weaver. But if things turn around, I have complete faith in Haren, Wilson, Greinke, and even Santana to get the job done.

Also, don't forget the fact that when we won the World Series in 02... where were we? Wild Card. Maybe it's just meant to happen. Who really knows? The Halos certainly have me believing again for now. Especially since the NHL is going to have a lockout. Baseball completely has my attention. Just don't screw this up and play to your abilities (like the Kings) and we'll be just fine.

Melfice
September 2nd, 2012, 05:28 PM
Wow the A's just keep winning and winning. I really hope they get the division instead of Texas. Other news, the Angels lose today and why can't they win 9 in a row like Oakland?!?

Melfice
September 3rd, 2012, 06:16 PM
Huge win today against a division rival! Now let's go for the sweeeeep please

TooCool
September 3rd, 2012, 06:24 PM
Huge win today against a division rival! Now let's go for the sweeeeep please

Definitely have to sweep the As. Just winning the series isn't going to cut it anymore.

aaron
September 5th, 2012, 03:19 PM
So, what's the record for strikeouts to begin a career?

4 has to be close

TooCool
September 5th, 2012, 04:09 PM

4 has to be close

Yeah, Maronde!!!!!!!!!

I wonder how one would find a stat record for that.

LOSTcauseZERO
September 5th, 2012, 04:42 PM

4 has to be close

Apparently the most by any pitcher is :"In MLB, that is Hall of Famer Tom Seaver who struckout 10 consecutive San Diego Padres on April 22, 1970." I don't have any confirmation on that though.

aaron
September 5th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Not just consecutive, but consecutive to start a career.

LOSTcauseZERO
September 5th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Not just consecutive, but consecutive to start a career.

I know. I couldn't find that stat. Maybe I will try looking for it again later.

LOSTcauseZERO
September 9th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Mike Trout is the American League Most Valuable Player, the American League Rookie of the Year, and a Gold Glove winner. Hands Down.

TooCool
September 10th, 2012, 08:07 AM
HUUUUUUUUUUUGE series against Oakland. Go Halos!

LOSTcauseZERO
September 10th, 2012, 09:48 PM
I had a very strong feeling the Angels were going to lose tonight. It's okay though. They just gotta' go out and get the next 3.

TooCool
September 12th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Going into this series, the Halos knew they had to sweep Oakland or at least win 3 out of 4.

Instead, we lost 2... *sigh*

TooCool
September 13th, 2012, 02:56 AM
Someone on Angelswin mentioned that either the Yankees or Orioles need to finish the season 10-10 and the Halos need to go 14-5 just to make the playoffs.

Wow, what a hole this team has put themselves in. Embarrassing.

TooCool
September 15th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Still think Scioscia hasn't lost his mind and should have been fired a long time ago? Unreal.

LOSTcauseZERO
September 15th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Still think Scioscia hasn't lost his mind and should have been fired a long time ago? Unreal.

I'm starting to see your side now. I'm befuddled as to why Greinke was pulled.

aaron
September 16th, 2012, 04:52 AM
That was brutal. 2 punch knockout.

I don't know how a new manager helps. Scioscia drives me crazy sometimes, but he always wins more than statistics say he should.
Wouldn't mind having Madden back though.

LOSTcauseZERO
September 16th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Wouldn't mind having Madden back though.

The Angels really haven't been the same since Maddon left.

Melfice
September 17th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Someone on Angelswin mentioned that either the Yankees or Orioles need to finish the season 10-10 and the Halos need to go 14-5 just to make the playoffs.

Wow, what a hole this team has put themselves in. Embarrassing.

Yeah other words...I don't think it's going to happen man :(

LOSTcauseZERO
September 19th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Don't look now, but the Oakland Athletics are starting to fall apart.

aaron
September 19th, 2012, 09:09 PM
For ****s sake albert, if you can't run don't run in to an out.

Seriously, worst baserunner since benji molina

LOSTcauseZERO
September 20th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Was the home plate umpire tonight a replacement? Just curious. Or did the Rangers pay him off to screw up easy calls? That bag of garbage single-highhandedly cost the Angels the game.

aaron
September 21st, 2012, 10:30 AM
meh, they still lose 2-1

what has happened to Trumbo? the guy looks lost.

LOSTcauseZERO
September 21st, 2012, 03:10 PM
meh, they still lose 2-1

what has happened to Trumbo? the guy looks lost.

Actually, they win 1-0.

TooCool
September 26th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Come on Halos... keep winning. Hang in there. Toronto and Texas, thanks for throwing your games.

LOSTcauseZERO
September 26th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Come on Halos... keep winning. Hang in there. Toronto and Texas, thanks for throwing your games.

I'm more worried about the A's never losing again.

LOSTcauseZERO
September 27th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Well, that was a waste of a season...and money.

TooCool
October 1st, 2012, 11:07 PM
Well there ya have it. Angels screwed themselves by sucking all season long. Waited too long to play Angels Baseball only to get zero help. That's the frustrating part, usually teams get a little help while the Halos absolutely had none.

Either way, I hope Baltimore takes the whole thing. Oakland has their own Cinderella story going but they're division rivals, so no thanks. And please, don't let the Skanks win another title.

aaron
October 2nd, 2012, 12:09 AM
90 win season isn't so bad

trout looks to be a stud.
trumbo is who he is. valuable.
aybar and kendrick are solid.
definitely want ianetta back
hunter played his way to another year. if he goes for a reasonable amount.
1 more arbitration year for morales. need that lefty bat. if not him, who?
wells remains an anchor
pujols looks to be a problem. he had what going forward looks to be an average year. 10 more years? yikes. in 5 years he's going to make wells look good. at least wells can still run.

buyout Ervin, maybe haren also. sign greinke. weaver, wilson, greinke would be ok to start from.

btw, scioscia has a contract until 2018. things would have to really go badly for him to get fired.

LOSTcauseZERO
October 2nd, 2012, 12:43 AM
Well there ya have it. Angels screwed themselves by sucking all season long.

They actually didn't suck. The under-the-radar Athletics and Orioles just played slightly better though. The biggest problem I saw was pitching. The Angels absolutely have to go after Greinke. After that, they need help in the bullpen. Adios Isringhausen. As for Scioscia, the Angels have to keep him. You can't blame him for the pitching woes. He's not the one on the mound. I understand the "fall guy" theory, but to lose Scioscia to some other team will not help the Angels. If Scioscia is fired though, the Angels need to get Francona. Get him if only to keep him from some other team.

I'm rooting for the Giants. I'm not capable of rooting for any other team in the American League besides the Angels. Well, maybe the Blue Jays.

IceDogsFan
October 31st, 2012, 06:20 PM
Santana traded to KC (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/8577812/ervin-santana-traded-kansas-city-royals-los-angeles-angels) (it's about time) & Trout DID NOT (http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8574862/gold-glove-awards-baltimore-orioles-win-3-mike-trout-los-angeles-angels-snubbed) win a gold glove (that's hard to believe)

aaron
October 31st, 2012, 07:29 PM
good and lol golden gloves have been a joke for quite awhile

LOSTcauseZERO
November 1st, 2012, 12:30 PM
Majority of the baseball world was shocked Trout didn't win a Gold Glove.

Cross Traffic
November 2nd, 2012, 07:11 PM
Haren to the Cubs for Marmol....guess that is a step up in the closer's role.

LOSTcauseZERO
November 2nd, 2012, 07:36 PM
Haren to the Cubs for Marmol....guess that is a step up in the closer's role.

Marmol is shaky. The Angels should've just signed a free agent closer and kept Haren. The Angels need to re-sign Greinke, and re-signing Hunter too wouldn't be bad either.

Melfice
November 4th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Haren is not going to the Cubs. He is now a free agent.

LOSTcauseZERO
November 14th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Torii Hunter signed with the Tigers, and I heard on MLB Network Hot Stove that the contract is for 2 years at $26 million. The Angels absolutely dropped the ball on this one.

TooCool
November 14th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Torii Hunter signed with the Tigers, and I heard on MLB Network Hot Stove that the contract is for 2 years at $26 million. The Angels absolutely dropped the ball on this one.

Yep... but I think Arte is sick of shelling out all the cash for the Angels to underachieve.. =\ Been that way the last 2-3 seasons. What did Torii say he'll stay for? 10 Million?

Either way, we have Trout, Bourjos, Trumbo, Calhoun, and ugh... Wells.

LOSTcauseZERO
November 14th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Yep... but I think Arte is sick of shelling out all the cash for the Angels to underachieve.. =\ Been that way the last 2-3 seasons. What did Torii say he'll stay for? 10 Million?

Either way, we have Trout, Bourjos, Trumbo, Calhoun, and ugh... Wells.

Hunter wasn't the one who underachieved though.

aaron
November 14th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Just as well not to sign a 40 year old to a 2 year 26M contract.
Not disappointed at all.

Drunken Crunker
November 22nd, 2012, 09:08 AM
Looks like Loria has puled the wool over the eyes of his fan base once again. Can't help but feel a little bad for the people of Miami.

LOSTcauseZERO
November 22nd, 2012, 03:38 PM
Looks like Loria has puled the wool over the eyes of his fan base once again. Can't help but feel a little bad for the people of Miami.

The Marlins did get some good prospects from the Blue Jays, but the trades definitely don't help PR. It's weird how so many players come from Florida, yet the teams there don't draw fans too well even if they're winning.

Drunken Crunker
November 23rd, 2012, 07:42 AM
The Marlins did get some good prospects from the Blue Jays, but the trades definitely don't help PR. It's weird how so many players come from Florida, yet the teams there don't draw fans too well even if they're winning.

They got decent prospects but the Blue Jays still held onto their most valuable ones. (Travis D'arnaud, Anthony Gose, Sanchez and Syndergaard), but I agree that they got back more value than many of their fans are able to acknowledge at this point in time. However, the optics of the trade certainly do not look good - what w/ all the promises Loria made when politicking for a new stadium.

As you said, it is a little surprising how few fans Florida draws for their games - setting the record for lowest attendance for the first year of a new ballpark since the start of the modern building era that began in the early 1990's.

Melfice
December 3rd, 2012, 05:10 PM
Angels get Hanson from Braves for Walden

LOSTcauseZERO
December 3rd, 2012, 05:35 PM
Angels get Hanson from Braves for Walden

Yeah. The Angels have to, really have to, re-sign Greinke now.

LOSTcauseZERO
December 3rd, 2012, 09:16 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/76445_306923192741884_775836087_n.jpg

TooCool
December 4th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Wow. Dan Haren is gone now too. 1 yr/13 mil to the Nationals.

LOSTcauseZERO
December 4th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Haren not being re-signed was expected. The Nationals over payed Haren here, but I still like the signing. The Phillies are going to be a much better team next season, so signing Haren will help the Nationals to continue to compete in the NL East.

SuperCalo2000
December 13th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Wow ! 5 years of Hamilton ? Unless you trade Trumbo for some pitching...

This deal made no sense. At least the Dodgers with Greinke, they are hedging in case Bills is not good to go or Kershaw has hip issues. This deal is just... wow... Really ?!?!

TooCool
December 13th, 2012, 11:58 AM

This deal made no sense. At least the Dodgers with Greinke, they are hedging in case Bills is not good to go or Kershaw has hip issues. This deal is just... wow... Really ?!?!

It makes perfect sense. We lost Hunter, Santana, Haren, Greinke.

We needed a cleanup batter after Pujols. Our biggest weakness is probably starting pitching now, only down to Weaver and Wilson... =\ They added some bullpen help but I think it's still weak. It's all about the offensive game.

Trumbo isn't going anywhere. If anyone is trade bait, it's probably Peter Bourjos (though they say they want to give him a full year in the OF).

Vargsmal
December 13th, 2012, 01:00 PM
LOL why not give greinke that absurd contract.........good pitching beats good hitting any day.

LOSTcauseZERO
December 13th, 2012, 01:02 PM

I smell fear.

Vargsmal
December 13th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I smell fear.

only if angels get some kind of pitching....all you have is weaver and a bunch of question marks. Wilson got injured and needs to show he is better cause he was trash the last half of the year, and when Blanton is your number 3 or 4 you have problems.....improved bullpen though.

plus a guy like Dickey will cost either Trumbo or Bourjos plus top prospects for an almost 40 flash in the pan.

Melfice
December 13th, 2012, 01:06 PM
LOL why not give greinke that absurd contract.........good pitching beats good hitting any day.

Yes I agree. Hitting won't win you the World Series title :(

Vargsmal
December 13th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Yes I agree. Hitting won't win you the World Series title :(

The giants proved that...... :(

aaron
December 13th, 2012, 01:23 PM
It is the hole that the angels lineup has had for awhile, lefty bat. it's a better gamble than the pujols contract. But then, it's not my money.

LOSTcauseZERO
December 13th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Of course the Angels are going to trade for another starting pitcher. It'll be Bourjos and a prospect going for that pitcher. And relax haters, it's only December. April is still 3 1/2 months away.

TooCool
December 13th, 2012, 01:41 PM

While that may be true, look at our starters last year. Weaver, Wilson, Haren, Greinke, Santana and look what happened. The bullpen ****ed up 50% of those games and the hitters about 30% of them.

I did want to keep Greinke, but not for the absurd contract the Dodgers offered him.

Either way, I'm sure Dipoto is nowhere near finished. Can't wait to see what happens next.

LOSTcauseZERO
December 13th, 2012, 04:01 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/598578_309969995770537_227040758_n.jpg

IceDogsFan
December 13th, 2012, 06:13 PM
It makes perfect sense. We lost Hunter, Santana, Haren, Greinke.

We needed a cleanup batter after Pujols. Our biggest weakness is probably starting pitching now, only down to Weaver and Wilson... =\ They added some bullpen help but I think it's still weak. It's all about the offensive game.

Trumbo isn't going anywhere. If anyone is trade bait, it's probably Peter Bourjos (though they say they want to give him a full year in the OF).

I'd keep Trumbo over Morales. Jerry Dipoto would be stupid to trade him

LOSTcauseZERO
December 13th, 2012, 08:03 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/522487_309998229101047_407650619_n.jpg

CardiacKid56
December 13th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Congrats Angel's fans on Hamilton. One of my favorite players.

SuperCalo2000
December 13th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Josh Hamilton is no F.P. Santangelo...

Melfice
December 14th, 2012, 02:11 PM
While that may be true, look at our starters last year. Weaver, Wilson, Haren, Greinke, Santana and look what happened. The bullpen ****ed up 50% of those games and the hitters about 30% of them.

I did want to keep Greinke, but not for the absurd contract the Dodgers offered him.

Either way, I'm sure Dipoto is nowhere near finished. Can't wait to see what happens next.

True TooCool, but don't forget our starters were not going deep into the games last season!!! Asking for the BP to carry the pitching is very taxing man. But I do agree the BP blew a lot of games last season, and it's been an ongoing issue for a few seasons now