PDA

View Full Version : Official Dodgers 2012 Season Thread...

FBJ
February 12th, 2012, 03:36 PM
So is this Macciello kid for real or what? 2.2 billion for the whole enchilada?

I kinda hope he gets it.

sarf
February 12th, 2012, 04:40 PM

I kinda hope he gets it.
Hey, I kinda like this guy too!

He's confounded why 50 cents worth of beer can be sold for $9.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/sports/ci_19948170

CardiacKid56
February 12th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Hey, I kinda like this guy too!

TOO LEGIT TO QUIT? Josh Macciello says he has 2.2 billion reasons why he should be the next Dodgers owner - The Daily Breeze (http://www.dailybreeze.com/sports/ci_19948170) While I agree with the fact that prices are way too high, let's not go and make beer at Dodger stadium that cheap, cause we've seen what drunk "fans" will do.

Kubrick
February 12th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Steinbrenner West? I'm in!

sarf
February 13th, 2012, 10:49 AM
While I agree with the fact that prices are way too high, let's not go and make beer at Dodger stadium that cheap, cause we've seen what drunk "fans" will do.
He says he will be improving security at dodger stadium, but this guy is doing a lot of talking.

FBJ
March 3rd, 2012, 06:03 PM
Anything gone on lately with the sale of the club?

Dawdler
March 3rd, 2012, 10:20 PM
Anything gone on lately with the sale of the club?

Down to the last seven but if McCourt keeps the parking lots, I'm still staying away. Link (http://mikesciosciastragicillness.com/2012/02/27/seven-groups-still-in-running-for-dodger-ownership/)

1) Magic Johnson / Stan Kasten
2) Stephen Cohen / Arn Tellem
3) Leo Hindery / Tom Barrack
4) Stanley Gold / family of Roy Disney
5) Alan Casden
6) Stan Kroenke
7) Jared Kushner

Kubrick
March 5th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Has anyone actually watched all 18 1/2 hours of Ken Burns' "Baseball". I've made it my quest to watch it to completion!

Claw21
March 11th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Can we just get rid of Billingsley already and replace him with Eolvaldi. I'm not looking forward to seeing Chad's 5th inning implosions.

King Smokey
March 17th, 2012, 03:15 AM
Go Dodgers.

Kubrick
March 20th, 2012, 01:18 PM

I kinda hope he gets it.

Not even close to be real....

Josh Macciello Convinced L.A. He Was in Line to Buy the Dodgers. But He Was Really a Fraud - Page 1 - News - Los Angeles - LA Weekly (http://www.laweekly.com/2012-03-15/news/joshua-macciello-los-angeles-dodgers-mccourt/)

Because, as it turns out, Macciello was never a real contender for the team. He is, instead, a fraud. Despite what he's told reporter after reporter, and despite what those journalists have dutifully repeated, he does not have billions of dollars. He does not have rights to any gold mines. He is, instead, a convicted drug dealer and a huckster who has used his talents to persuade many people — not just journalists — to place their confidence in him. In his wake he has left a string of abandoned projects and broken promises.

CardiacKid56
March 20th, 2012, 05:41 PM

Josh Macciello Convinced L.A. He Was in Line to Buy the Dodgers. But He Was Really a Fraud - Page 1 - News - Los Angeles - LA Weekly (http://www.laweekly.com/2012-03-15/news/joshua-macciello-los-angeles-dodgers-mccourt/)

Could this **** get any worse?

SuperCalo2000
March 20th, 2012, 06:56 PM

Called it !

Vargsmal
March 23rd, 2012, 12:34 PM

wow what an epic fail! lol

Kubrick
March 26th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Has anyone actually watched all 18 1/2 hours of Ken Burns' "Baseball". I've made it my quest to watch it to completion!

I'm about 11 hours in. What an incredible documentary. It's just in-depth enough to give me a false sense of knowledge about the history of the game. I've loved every minute of it so far.

Kubrick
March 27th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Sold? Magic Johnson, Stan Kasten reportedly acquire Dodgers (http://www.dodgerthoughts.com/2012/03/27/sold-report-says-magic-johnson-stan-kasten-acquire-dodgers/)

Breaking from WSJ: Magic Johnson-led group buys LA Dodgers for $2 billion, shattering all previous prices paid for sports franchises,

It's FINALLY ****ing over! Good bye, Frank! Welcome to the team, Magic!

pb2k
March 27th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Better than that ******* that was going to hire La Russa.

sarf
March 27th, 2012, 08:10 PM
You're quick Stanley!

Trapper9
March 27th, 2012, 08:47 PM
2 BILLION!! my gawd

CardiacKid56
March 27th, 2012, 08:48 PM
2 BILLION!! my gawd

There goes those $5 tickets...

pb2k
March 27th, 2012, 08:50 PM
2 BILLION!! my gawd

And it sounds like he keeps at least some control over the parking lots.

SuperCalo2000
March 27th, 2012, 11:00 PM
There has to be some behind the scenes stuff going on. Too many smart, very rich men are involved. Doesn't makes sense why they would keep McCourt involved on any level. The dude is a snake. I have to give him credit though. He manages to fall up.

hypersonic19
March 28th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Dodgers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mugs
March 28th, 2012, 07:56 AM
There has to be some behind the scenes stuff going on. Too many smart, very rich men are involved. Doesn't makes sense why they would keep McCourt involved on any level. The dude is a snake. I have to give him credit though. He manages to fall up.

If only I could ever fall up!

AllenA07
March 28th, 2012, 08:59 AM
I wish he didn't keep a share in the parking lots, but still I'm glad the team is out of his hands. Still though, 2.15 billion dollars, incredable it went for that much.

SuperCalo2000
March 28th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Seeing the sale price, I can see them building a new Downtown Dodger Stadium on AEG's dime and AEG building a football stadium at Dodger Stadium seeing how iirc, it was the NFL's preferred site. Otherwise I just don't see how this makes any financial sense.

And anyone being in business with Frankie Mac needs to have their head examined.

Kubrick
March 28th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Let him keep the parking lots. I'll be taking the trolley this season, anyway!

Kubrick
March 28th, 2012, 10:32 AM
A couple of nice write ups on Stan Kasten.

In winning Dodgers bid, Stan Kasten worked his Magic - Nationals Journal - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/nationals-journal/post/in-winning-dodgers-bid-stan-kasten-worked-his-magic/2012/03/28/gIQAGjOTgS_blog.html)

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120328&content_id=27687698&vkey=perspectives&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

ibleedkngs
March 28th, 2012, 11:15 AM
The real question is, when will uncle Ned be shown the door?

Kubrick
March 28th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Another interesting take on the deal.

Economist -- $2B for Los Angeles Dodgers 'makes no sense' - ESPN Los Angeles (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/7747848/economist-2b-los-angeles-dodgers-makes-no-sense)

mugs
March 28th, 2012, 02:24 PM
I want to enjoy the fact that McDouche is gone before I start reading articles criticizing the sale.

BIG JOE
March 28th, 2012, 02:28 PM
I want to enjoy the fact that McDouche is gone before I start reading articles criticizing the sale.
He's not, he has a minor stake.

SuperCalo2000
March 28th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Yeah but seeing how litigious he is, it will be more than that eventually. he sucks.

mitchrock
March 28th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Okay, time to call out Magic. Get Either signed to a long term contract pronto.

Kubrick
March 28th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Okay, time to call out Magic. Get Either signed to a long term contract pronto.

Ethier needs to prove that his power is back before I want to see the Dodgers offer him a long term deal.

jerseydevil
March 28th, 2012, 07:20 PM
The sticking point seems to be the money invested in the surrounding real estate. The short term word is good news Magic in McCourt out...but there seems to be some underlying LetsWaitAndSee feel. I don't want to read too much, can someone go all 'chicken little' and tell me why the sky is falling?

ucsdguy1
March 29th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Another interesting take on the deal.

Economist -- $2B for Los Angeles Dodgers 'makes no sense' - ESPN Los Angeles (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/7747848/economist-2b-los-angeles-dodgers-makes-no-sense)

**** you McCourt!

Kubrick
March 29th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Frank McCourt receives no parking revenue from Los Angeles Dodgers, sources say - ESPN Los Angeles (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/7752934/frank-mccourt-receives-no-parking-revenue-los-angeles-dodgers-sources-say)

former Los Angeles Dodgers owner Frank McCourt for land around Dodger Stadium will not allow McCourt to reap any profits from parking revenue, according to three sources with knowledge of the situation.

Now THIS is encouraging!

ucsdguy1
March 30th, 2012, 10:02 AM
so....whatever they develop on surrounding land, I'll make sure to avoid.

Frolov24
April 4th, 2012, 09:13 AM
The 25 man roster is set!! And I'm am totally underwhelmed!

The bullpen looks strong, and that's where the enthusiasm ends. The rotation has Kershaw, and then four #4/#5 starters. I'm past the point of hoping for Billingsley to take the next step. He seems to be a .500 pitcher whose ERA will hover in the high 3s and low 4s. Nice in the backend, but not a front of the rotation guy. Lilly, Harang and Capuano won't make any opposing lineups nervous, though I have always liked Harang and he may step up.

The lineup is filled with holes. Gordon is electric, but young with a lot to learn. He doesn't walk much and may have the least power of any position player in the bigs. He'll need to hit over .300 and steal 50 bases to be effective. M. Ellis is solid, won't hurt you but not an asset on offense. Kemp is an all-around stud. Ethier is the key to the season, he needs a season around .300, 25-30 HR, 90-110 RBI. Rivera is a great platoon/bench guy, but counting on him to provide middle of the order numbers is a mistake. Loney is in the Ethier catagory, he has to have a great season like .280-.290, 20 HR, 80-90 RBI. Uribe looks like a potential DFA candidate, 3B is going to be a problem and there's zero depth there. AJ Ellis will hopefully hit better than the pitchers, though I like Kershaw and Bills better as hitters.

The bench? Opposing pitchers will tremble in fear of Gwynn (no bat), Hairston (mediocre bat), Kennedy (another DFA candidate), Sellers (another light hitter), and Treanor (no bat). I was actually pulling for Josh Fields to make the team, at least he can put one out on occasion.

The team looks weak on paper, and hope is tied to big seasons from Ethier, Loney, and Billinglsey. All three have the potential, but assuming all three will have great seasons is a long-shot. There are serious depth issues everywhere except the bullpen, where they actually are about 10 deep. Hopefully the new owners can take advantage of some mid-season trade opportunities, but there seems to be too many issues to address in one season. Hamels and Hamilton may be available as free agents next year, but based on recent trends it's likely one or both may lock up long-term extensions before then. Why couldn't this sale have happend 6 months ago!!

That said, the Giants have an even weaker offense, Colorado has a terrible rotation, and the Padres are worse in every area. So the D-Backs seem to be the team to beat.

Kubrick
April 4th, 2012, 10:33 AM
The 25 man roster is set!! And I'm am totally underwhelmed!

The bullpen looks strong, and that's where the enthusiasm ends. The rotation has Kershaw, and then four #4/#5 starters. I'm past the point of hoping for Billingsley to take the next step. He seems to be a .500 pitcher whose ERA will hover in the high 3s and low 4s. Nice in the backend, but not a front of the rotation guy. Lilly, Harang and Capuano won't make any opposing lineups nervous, though I have always liked Harang and he may step up.

The lineup is filled with holes. Gordon is electric, but young with a lot to learn. He doesn't walk much and may have the least power of any position player in the bigs. He'll need to hit over .300 and steal 50 bases to be effective. M. Ellis is solid, won't hurt you but not an asset on offense. Kemp is an all-around stud. Ethier is the key to the season, he needs a season around .300, 25-30 HR, 90-110 RBI. Rivera is a great platoon/bench guy, but counting on him to provide middle of the order numbers is a mistake. Loney is in the Ethier catagory, he has to have a great season like .280-.290, 20 HR, 80-90 RBI. Uribe looks like a potential DFA candidate, 3B is going to be a problem and there's zero depth there. AJ Ellis will hopefully hit better than the pitchers, though I like Kershaw and Bills better as hitters.

The bench? Opposing pitchers will tremble in fear of Gwynn (no bat), Hairston (mediocre bat), Kennedy (another DFA candidate), Sellers (another light hitter), and Treanor (no bat). I was actually pulling for Josh Fields to make the team, at least he can put one out on occasion.

The team looks weak on paper, and hope is tied to big seasons from Ethier, Loney, and Billinglsey. All three have the potential, but assuming all three will have great seasons is a long-shot. There are serious depth issues everywhere except the bullpen, where they actually are about 10 deep. Hopefully the new owners can take advantage of some mid-season trade opportunities, but there seems to be too many issues to address in one season. Hamels and Hamilton may be available as free agents next year, but based on recent trends it's likely one or both may lock up long-term extensions before then. Why couldn't this sale have happend 6 months ago!!

That said, the Giants have an even weaker offense, Colorado has a terrible rotation, and the Padres are worse in every area. So the D-Backs seem to be the team to beat.

I agree with everything you just posted. This team is going to lose a lot of games this season. I just don't see Loney or Billingsley taking that next step this season. I think Andre will be okay and I'm fully prepared to see him dealt by the deadline, which is fine with me, assuming we get something good in return.

When it's all said and done, this team should win 75-80 games this season.

TR
April 5th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Go Dodgers Go!

(but I honestly do not expect much this year)

Claw21
April 7th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Good thing Dodgers signed Capuano.

mugs
April 9th, 2012, 03:59 PM
3 - 1 to start. Not too bad even thought it was against the Padres.

Ecktore
April 9th, 2012, 06:09 PM
It's been a long time .....and it took a very bumpy road for me to say this, but........Let's Go Dodgers!!!

Cross Traffic
April 10th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Get well Vinny, has to suck missing opening day with a bad cold.

mugs
April 11th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Get well Vinny, has to suck missing opening day with a bad cold.

I think it's the first one he's missed in a 100 years.

Doug Fresh
April 14th, 2012, 02:03 AM
7-1

Dodgers so far doing something the Kings could hardly do this season: pwn!ng the bottomfeeders

CardiacKid56
April 14th, 2012, 02:58 PM
7-1

Dodgers so far doing something the Kings could hardly do this season: pwn!ng the bottomfeeders

Ya I know, that bullpen scares me sometimes. Harang (from what I heard) had a GREAT outing but the bullpen collapsed on him. Hopefully they play this well against the elite teams.

sarf
April 15th, 2012, 01:14 PM
can we play crappy teams all the time?

pb2k
April 15th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Kemp is killing the ball so far this season.

Ecktore
April 20th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Glad they were able to win one against the Brewers. Hope they do better against the Astros. Am I correct in thinking this is the last year for the Astros in the NL?

pb2k
April 20th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Matt Kemp is pretty good at baseball.

Dawdler
April 20th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Glad they were able to win one against the Brewers. Hope they do better against the Astros. Am I correct in thinking this is the last year for the Astros in the NL?

Correct! (http://wesleyanargus.com/2012/04/02/the-cohen-chronicles-deep-in-the-heart-of-texas/)

mugs
April 21st, 2012, 09:53 PM

So far so good.

Kubrick
April 22nd, 2012, 09:29 AM
The Dodgers are currently 12-3. If they go ~.500 in their remaining 147 (73-74) they'd finish with a record of 85-77. Will that be enough to win the West?

mugs
April 22nd, 2012, 12:28 PM
The Dodgers are currently 12-3. If they go ~.500 in their remaining 147 (73-74) they'd finish with a record of 85-77. Will that be enough to win the West?

Possibly. Before the season I was thinking it would take at least 90.

Kingsfan661
April 26th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Help.... I purchased 4 tickets for the Dodgers-Nats game this Friday night when the team announced the Harang $9 tickets deal. Then the Kings-Blues game 1 gets scheduled the same night. I promised my sons that I'd take them to the Dodgers game to watch Kershaw pitch and I will. This is where I need some help. Is there somewhere inside Dodger Staduim that I can watch my beloved Kings?

Ecktore
April 26th, 2012, 08:49 AM
The Kings won't play until Saturday. You're good.

hypersonic19
April 29th, 2012, 04:19 PM
They showed the result to the Kings and the Blues game followed by highlights and the fans gave standing ovation at the Dodger Stadium.
L.A. teams supporting each other. Awesome.

mugs
April 29th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Nice sweep of the Nats

AllenA07
April 30th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Dodgers looked like the real deal against the Nats. I can't see how they are going to maintain this pace throughout the entire season, but the NL West may be weak enough for them to win it.

pb2k
May 1st, 2012, 10:28 AM
McCourt is gone.

Dodgers sale complete; McCourt era ends - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgersnow/la-sp-dn-dodgers-sale-mccourt-magic-20120501,0,4128722.story)

CardiacKid56
May 1st, 2012, 12:25 PM
McCourt is gone.
Not entirely, doesn't he own like 200 parking spaces still?

AllenA07
May 1st, 2012, 02:37 PM
I didn't think McCourt owned any parking lot rights.

mugs
May 1st, 2012, 05:54 PM
I'm going to my first game in 2 years on May 11th vs Colorado. :yay:

pb2k
May 2nd, 2012, 10:56 AM
$10 parking!

KingThomas
May 2nd, 2012, 11:54 AM
I didn't think McCourt owned any parking lot rights.

Not a cent of the parking proceeds will go to McCourt, but he retains rights for any future development.

hypersonic19
May 4th, 2012, 11:45 PM
future looks bright guys due to the ownership change. I think we're 1 pitcher & 2 hitters away from being real contenders. Not easy to get get a top pitcher (Cole Hamels, Zack Greinke available at free agency) and 2 hitters (Josh Hamilton, Mike Napoli, BJ Upton, Carl Crawford, etc possibly available either at FA or via trade)

Whether the Dodgers make playoffs this year or not, I'd say it's 50:50 ish. But future looks bright for sure. Westcoast super power on the horizon.

mugs
May 6th, 2012, 09:38 AM
future looks bright guys due to the ownership change. I think we're 1 pitcher & 2 hitters away from being real contenders. Not easy to get get a top pitcher (Cole Hamels, Zack Greinke available at free agency) and 2 hitters (Josh Hamilton, Mike Napoli, BJ Upton, Carl Crawford, etc possibly available either at FA or via trade)

Whether the Dodgers make playoffs this year or not, I'd say it's 50:50 ish. But future looks bright for sure. Westcoast super power on the horizon.

It was said at the press conference for the new ownership that if the Dodgers are contending at the trade deadline that they would go after the top guys available.

Kubrick
May 6th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Call me crazy, but if this happens I WILL buy a multi-game ticket package...

Cool-A-Coo comeback: A chocolate-covered proposition for Dodgers - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-0506-shaikin-baseball-20120506,0,950817.story)

Cool-A-Coo.

The Dodger Dog is just a hot dog, but it is our hot dog. The Cool-A-Coo was just an ice cream sandwich, but it was ours, vanilla ice cream wedged between oatmeal cookies, the whole glorious mess dipped in chocolate.

After the O'Malley family sold the Dodgers to News Corp. in 1998, the Cool-A-Coos vanished from Dodger Stadium, not long after Piazza did.

Kasten, the new Dodgers president, eventually figured out what Guber had tried to say. When Kasten met with Levy Restaurants, the company that handles the Dodgers' concessions, he demanded better food, shorter lines and Cool-A-Coos — if, that is, Levy could find them.

Kubrick
May 6th, 2012, 05:04 PM
I'm completely over Guerra as the Closer. Another blown save today. Just give the job to Jansen, already. ****!

Claw21
May 6th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Guerra is a turd now. Jansen can close. And Lindblom can work the 8th inns. Guerra can work wherever..... But not close.

SuperCalo2000
May 6th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Saying and doing are 2 completely different things.

Talk is cheap. See LGK as an example. :yay:

Vargsmal
May 10th, 2012, 01:45 AM
congrats to scott van slyke for his first career hit and rbi tonight!

Frolov24
May 10th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Pleasantly surprised at AJ "The Caucasian God of Walks" Ellis. Currently leading NL Catchers in OPS, walks, and OBP, 3rd in batting average and slugging. Don't thik he'll keep it up, but he hasn't been the black hole at the plate that I feared. Of course all those walks just lead to our pitcher hitting instead, but it's still beneficial to have a #8 hitter with a good eye.

Vargsmal
May 11th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Pleasantly surprised at AJ "The Caucasian God of Walks" Ellis. Currently leading NL Catchers in OPS, walks, and OBP, 3rd in batting average and slugging. Don't thik he'll keep it up, but he hasn't been the black hole at the plate that I feared. Of course all those walks just lead to our pitcher hitting instead, but it's still beneficial to have a #8 hitter with a good eye.
never in my wildest dreams would I have expected him to lead NL catchers in any of those categories at any point of the season! wow

hypersonic19
May 11th, 2012, 01:06 PM
We have to lock up Ethier and sign/trade for one more bat because Ethier would be a 6th or 7th hitter on a true contending team. Josh Hamilton via free agency?! haha I doubt it, Texas will resign him.

mugs
May 12th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Need relief pitching and a big RH bat

hypersonic19
May 15th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Dodgers are going to wear silver and black Dodgers hat during batting practice to support the Kings (Diamondbacks wore Coyotes "BEAT LA" white shirts during their batting practice a few days ago)

https://twitter.com/#!/LAKings/status/202515428210262017

CardiacKid56
May 15th, 2012, 04:09 PM
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Kirk+Gibson+San+Francisco+Giants+v+Arizona+TpY_BWN qP4il.jpg

:cbgb::cbgb::cbgb::cbgb::cbgb::cbgb::cbgb::cbgb::c bgb::cbgb::cbgb::cbgb:

Claw21
May 15th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Billingsley is a bum. Always has always will

hypersonic19
May 18th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Now I think unless the Dodgers blow it big time, they'll make playoffs. And with the consistent pitching, they shouldn't blow it

Dawdler
May 18th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Ted Lilly sucks ass!!!

Dawdler
May 20th, 2012, 08:13 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-uHSalH29dfw/TdGjnyYNdmI/AAAAAAAAAPs/QqjlosHZYrc/s1600/walmea.jpg

CardiacKid56
May 21st, 2012, 02:44 PM
Man beaten at Dodger Stadium after car collision; 4 arrested | abc7.com (http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8670084)

Lovely

SuperCalo2000
May 21st, 2012, 07:41 PM
:facepalm:Why raza ? WHY ?!?!?!?! Was it really worth it ? Geez.:facepalm:

Wow. Best record in baseball too. Nice to see while it last.

Claw21
May 31st, 2012, 08:09 PM
My first game in 2 years and I'm stuck with Billingsley pitching.

hypersonic19
June 4th, 2012, 10:21 PM
d o d g e r s !

Dawdler
June 8th, 2012, 10:16 PM
that must of been the worst no-hitter I've ever seen, the Dodgers just mailed it in, going from Philly to Seattle and playing back to back has to be rough

Cross Traffic
June 9th, 2012, 07:19 AM
A 6 pitcher combined no-no, that has to be a record.

hypersonic19
June 13th, 2012, 10:20 AM
The Stanley Cup and the Kings will be at Dodger Stadium tonight, folks

LOSTcauseZERO
June 13th, 2012, 12:41 PM
A 6 pitcher combined no-no, that has to be a record.
It tied a record.

UnderPressure
June 13th, 2012, 07:30 PM
The Stanley Cup and the Kings will be at Dodger Stadium tonight, folks

And the Angels can **** off. They don't belong in that picture with the Dodgers and the Kings. They belong with the _ucks.

Vargsmal
June 13th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Matt Greene is ****ing awesome! lol

https://p.twimg.com/AvUP3EJCAAA_Kq_.jpg:large

Vargsmal
June 13th, 2012, 07:37 PM
this is priceless as well!

https://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/598236575.jpg?key=32641840&Expires=1339642444&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=AQ27kyw2wdzuj8yUuI4~V6keNFK5XvpRNeJt-gnwoeh-1mCRqfW9-C7hQs1GCywNIE4Ub6XBQecHHBpnXlwWoMvEQJAoy-T0vfHKgxtSGaorwWhjyyrFSbHj7zSk3fSaM5UAqBnz5GaFjBvZ gik5tJPsQhsQq8EpkcU0HBmhsNU_

hypersonic19
June 13th, 2012, 08:01 PM
And the Angels can **** off. They don't belong in that picture with the Dodgers and the Kings. They belong with the _ucks.

Yeah, they totally ruined the picture. What a senseless move by the Angels

hypersonic19
June 13th, 2012, 08:01 PM
this is priceless as well!

What pic is it? link broken

Dawdler
June 16th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Dodgers comeback from 5-1 against the Whitesox and win 7-6 the Dodgers are building something special

Claw21
June 22nd, 2012, 08:37 PM
Billingsley doing his best to choke a 5 run lead. How many more seasons do we have to watch this bum?

Dawdler
June 22nd, 2012, 09:05 PM
Billingsley doing his best to choke a 5 run lead. How many more seasons do we have to watch this bum?

hard to believe that Billz was considered the future Ace of the staff just a couple of years ago.

DanteHicks
June 27th, 2012, 12:16 PM
So is this a slump or a meltdown?

pb2k
June 27th, 2012, 12:31 PM
When I look at the roster this is what I was expecting from the start of the season. There are like 3 good players on the team.

mugs
June 27th, 2012, 02:08 PM
They are who we thought they were.

pb2k
June 27th, 2012, 04:40 PM
I can't wait to see what terrible trades Ned is going to make to try and fix this mess.

AllenA07
June 27th, 2012, 07:16 PM
With Either likely hitting the DL I can now be confident when I say the sky is falling.

Vargsmal
June 27th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Sign Matt Greene to a 3 month contract.....he would have swept the midgets all by himself!

AllenA07
June 29th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I'll be at the game Monday night. Not sure if I'm excited or depressed.

SuxBeingU
June 29th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Went last night lots of METS fans all around us. Looking at the lineup we need to Cy Young contender to win many game. They lineup is lucky to put up 3 runs a game. they have a sub .200 hitter in the 5 hole, you kidding me?

CardiacKid56
June 29th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Went last night lots of METS fans all around us.

Oh joy, going to game 2marrow...

AllenA07
June 29th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Went last night lots of METS fans all around us. Looking at the lineup we need to Cy Young contender to win many game. They lineup is lucky to put up 3 runs a game. they have a sub .200 hitter in the 5 hole, you kidding me?

Sad thing is a team with no offense can never win a championship... Oh wait...

Claw21
July 1st, 2012, 07:13 PM
Newsflash!!! This triple A Dodgers team is actually leading in the 7th inn.

Dawdler
July 13th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Kemp is Back! Dodgers Win!!

CardiacKid56
July 14th, 2012, 12:37 AM
Kemp is Back! Dodgers Win!!

Dodgers need to find someone(s) to help Kemp carry this team. Its getting pathetic.

Anyone going to the Gibson bobble-head night on the 31st?

Dawdler
July 14th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Jansen is an idiot, can you be even more brain dead then that guy. Wake Up!!! Stupid!!

SuxBeingU
July 15th, 2012, 08:26 AM
thats was the worst play I have even seen a major leaguer make. Letting a guy steal home from SECOND base because you threw away the ball then forgot to cover home plate. YOU SUCK !!

Cross Traffic
July 17th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Nice going Belisario, maybe you should go hit the crack pipe again.

sarf
July 24th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Dodgers acquire Hanley Ramirez for eovaldi and a minor leaguer

pb2k
July 24th, 2012, 11:53 PM
That came out of nowhere.

Nicholls9
July 25th, 2012, 12:47 AM
dodgers acquire hanley ramirez and lhp Randy Choate for eovaldi and a minor leaguer ftfy

Diehard
July 25th, 2012, 01:02 AM
Hell ****ing yea!!

Doug Fresh
July 25th, 2012, 02:57 AM
Miami Marlins trade infielder Hanley Ramirez to Los Angeles Dodgers - ESPN Los Angeles (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/8197903/miami-marlins-trade-infielder-hanley-ramirez-los-angeles-dodgers)

Can he play 1st, 3rd and Short?

'Cuz that would be super!

Bluejay
July 25th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Dodgers acquire Hanley Ramirez for eovaldi and a minor leaguer

Lets hope its the Ramirez from 3 years ago, and not the last two seasons.

MaxwellSmart
July 25th, 2012, 09:40 AM
The minor leaguer the Dodgers traded is Scott McGough. Here is an interesting article on the trade mostly focusing on him:
Scott McGough: Full Scouting Report on Prospect Dealt for Hanley Ramirez | Bleacher Report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1271746-scott-mcgough-full-scouting-report-on-prospect-dealt-for-hanley-ramirez)

Frolov24
July 25th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Brilliant move, a no brainer. You have to take the gamble on Hanley, even the hitter he's been the last 1.5 years makes him the 3rd most feared hitter in LA's lineup (his current 2012 #s would co-lead LA in HR, #2 in SB). If he rallies back towards his previous form then it's a major haul. Just a few years ago he was in Matt Kemp territory, a legit 30-30 guy that hits over .300. Only a handful of those in the league and none so easily acquired. And with huge needs at SS and 3B in a very thin market for those positions, the Dodgers really couldn't have found a better fit. Even if his D is shaky, you take that tradeoff for a legit middle of the order bat. And they still have assets for Greinke/Johnson/Dempster/Garza to fill the rotation as well as Victorino/Pence if they want another bat.

The ownership's ability to absorb salary got this done, such a nice change from the McCourt era where we certainly would have upgraded the players dealt to Lee/Webster/etc. in order to get the Marlins to cover some salary. And I'd rather roll the dice with Hanley at $15 mill per year than wait to overpay Hamilton $20 mill or more a year as a free agent after the season. And Hanley can play 2 positions that are of greater need than Hamilton.

Well done Dodgers, can't find any fault in this deal.

AllenA07
July 25th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Very good deal by the Dodgers. Hanley having a good debut tonight for the Dodgers doesn't hurt either.

HULKING WAR MACHINE
July 29th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Sweep!

Kubrick
July 29th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Ned needs to add one more bat and one more starting pitcher. Pence and Dempster would be ideal.

keyTOarson
July 31st, 2012, 06:39 AM
Brandon League sucks. I don't get that trade.

pb2k
July 31st, 2012, 09:05 AM
**** Shane Victorino.

sarf
July 31st, 2012, 12:14 PM
**** victorino - but he's a Dodger now, and he bats lead off and no more platooning in LF

KingThomas
July 31st, 2012, 12:37 PM
20 min left to land Dempster for a bag of big league chew and a handfull of pine tar. Get it done Ned!

Kubrick
July 31st, 2012, 06:42 PM
Victorino certainly helps but not picking up another starter hurts.

Kershaw, Capuano, Billingsley, Harang, Lilly does not strike me as a World Series Champion rotation.

HULKING WAR MACHINE
July 31st, 2012, 07:06 PM
Lets hope for the best...

keyTOarson
July 31st, 2012, 08:49 PM
Good thing the Dodgers bolstered their rotation!...

pb2k
July 31st, 2012, 09:07 PM
Why? So they could win every game 1-0? Getting another starter would have been nice but they still need to score more than one or two runs a game.

keyTOarson
July 31st, 2012, 09:14 PM
Why? So they could win every game 1-0? Getting another starter would have been nice but they still need to score more than one or two runs a game.

You really think a rotation with Kershaw and jack **** behind him can win anything in the playoffs?

pb2k
July 31st, 2012, 09:21 PM
They weren't going to win this year anyway. It's not like Dempster is Cliff Lee or Cole Hammels either.

keyTOarson
August 1st, 2012, 06:14 AM
They weren't going to win this year anyway. It's not like Dempster is Cliff Lee or Cole Hammels either.

I agree with that. I just think it was pointless to go half ass as far upgrading the team when the team's not that good overall. Love the Hanley trade. Do not love the League and Victorino trades.

pb2k
August 1st, 2012, 10:40 AM
Abreu DFA'd to make room for Victorino. Should have been Uribe.

mugs
August 3rd, 2012, 07:31 AM
I believe they are top 10 in SP ERA and BP ERA and close to last in the league in RBI.
Bottom line is the pitching is fine, they need to score runs.

Claw21
August 3rd, 2012, 07:42 AM
They can DFA fatty Uribe too.

pb2k
August 3rd, 2012, 01:32 PM
Joe blanton claimed by #dodgers and sent there for cash. Not the philly pitcher we are looking at

https://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS/status/231487553465884672

Claw21
August 5th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Victorino so far looking like crap in Dodger Blue.

Dawdler
August 6th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Gwyn Jr gets DFA'd and Uribe is still a Dodger :yuckkkk:

keyTOarson
August 6th, 2012, 09:39 PM
The Rockies are giving up 6+ runs per game since the All Star break...

...until they run into the Dodgers.

Pathetic.

pb2k
August 11th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Brandon League ****ing sucks.

keyTOarson
August 12th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Brandon League sucks. I don't get that trade.

Brandon League ****ing sucks.

:)

mugs
August 15th, 2012, 09:12 PM
1st place Dodgers!
Victorino is coming around. Hanley is pretty good. League...meh.
If Ethier gets back to hitting like he should and Loney...forget Loney he sucks, but yeah Ethier heating up would be great!

pb2k
August 21st, 2012, 08:16 PM
Joe Blanton is not good.

keyTOarson
August 22nd, 2012, 08:44 PM
Good thing the Dodgers decided to carry that momentum from the road trip into this series and show up to play...

pb2k
August 24th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Blockbuster: red Sox, Dodgers working on deal that would send AGon, Crawford, Beckett and Punto to LA. Hurdles remain, but closing in

https://twitter.com/GordonEdes/status/239110628877422592

What the ****?

Diehard
August 24th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Loney and Adrian Gonzalez have both been scratched from their lineups

I hope we don't give up a top prospect...

ianmonsta
August 24th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Done deal

Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford, Josh Beckett & Nick Punto

for

Loney, De La Rossa, De Jesus & Jerry Sands

pb2k
August 24th, 2012, 04:43 PM
I just saw someone say they would get Webster. You just knew Ned had to get rid of a good prospect.

ianmonsta
August 24th, 2012, 04:44 PM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/full/643812340.jpg?key=612612&Expires=1345852857&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=1OSZC6nbclFF77nmy6OUKYqdiHxG5YjPwIuD3SfD AskCBJLs1aCAvfh7hK8z-S3wh0ThFtAQFn2MZofVa0ZEkP7qIop%7EZwicvh3430KVaCcte ZNSFBJA0Q4fiY5jB1kRGu9H1vFebqJJ91k6MC5QP-IqsF6iYCRKB3qp87xbjdQ_

Gonzalez pic being taken down at Fenway

Cross Traffic
August 24th, 2012, 06:48 PM
This is the kind of stupid trade the Kings used to make.

FBJ
August 24th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Good freaking lord that's insane.

Chartrand
August 24th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Too bad the Dodgers couldn't take Lacknuts too.

AllenA07
August 24th, 2012, 09:32 PM
I really think this may be one of the biggest trades ever.

roenick
August 24th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Can't believe they are taking Crawford. Sucks. All of the 'Sox mistakes are being forgiven and as a Sox fan I hate that as well. They should have to live with their stupidity. I would've been fine with Loney for Gonzales but Sands, Webster?? Wow ...

Lastly it shows the Sox want to keep the worst manager in the MLB employed.

Chartrand
August 24th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Can't believe they are taking Crawford. Sucks. All of the 'Sox mistakes are being forgiven and as a Sox fan I hate that as well. They should have to live with their stupidity. I would've been fine with Loney for Gonzales but Sands, Webster?? Wow ...

Lastly it shows the Sox want to keep the worst manager in the MLB employed.

http://pushpull.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/bobby-v1.jpg

keyTOarson
August 25th, 2012, 07:32 AM
This is the kind of stupid trade the Kings used to make.

Seeing that they're giving up De La Rosa, Webster, AND Sands to get a declining Gonzalez (still a + over what they have), Beckett (-!), AND Crawford (-!!!!!) is disappointing. They'll be better now, but they have to win a World Series this year or next year (or both) for this to be worth it, and they really don't have the pitching to do that right now. It's not like the pipeline is exactly bursting with talent that's ready to jump to the major league level (ironically, De La Rosa, Webster, and Sands were the closest to being full time contributors).

This does have the feel of a vintage Kings trade.

CardiacKid56
August 25th, 2012, 03:06 PM
I like this trade. Gonzalez is a solid fielding 1B, who can hit better than Loney, Loney was a great fielder but he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Beckett seems to be on the decline, but sometimes a league change does well for a pitcher cause its all new batters who have never seen your stuff. The biggest IF to me is Crawford, he seems to have lost half a second on his swing and in baseball that is all it takes to loss your edge. Overall I like this trade, the Dodgers got what they needed and so did the Sox, we have to see how well and fast the new guy get acclimated to LA.

CardiacKid56
August 25th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Awesome first at bat as a Dodger for Gonzo, 3 run HR!

mugs
August 25th, 2012, 07:00 PM
The Dodgers line up is amazing. Next year when/if Crawford is healthy they will be deadly.

Kubrick
August 25th, 2012, 09:17 PM
The Dodgers now have the guns to win the West for the next 4-5 years. If they can get the SP, they'll be the best team in the NL for that same period.

De La Rosa is a fantastic arm. Webster is a very good talent. But the rest are spare parts. The Dodgers had/have no one coming up that can make the offensive impact that Gonzo and Crawford can.

This is a great trade.

keyTOarson
August 25th, 2012, 10:19 PM
I was at the game tonight. Amazing. As much as this might turn out to be a tough trade to handle down to the road, God the Dodgers are stacked in their lineup right now. Just unreal that teams have to try and get through Kemp, Gonzalez, Ramirez, and Ethier all in a row 3 or 4 times a game. That's a tough task for any pitcher. Then you have Cruz and A.J. Ellis, who have been very pleasant surprises this year. The weakest spot in the lineup is Mark Ellis, and he had a huge game today (I wouldn't expect that often, though, as he doesn't hit righties well).

Anyone have any updates on Victorino and Billingsley?

Dawdler
August 25th, 2012, 11:04 PM
I was at the game tonight. Amazing. As much as this might turn out to be a tough trade to handle down to the road, God the Dodgers are stacked in their lineup right now. Just unreal that teams have to try and get through Kemp, Gonzalez, Ramirez, and Ethier all in a row 3 or 4 times a game. That's a tough task for any pitcher. Then you have Cruz and A.J. Ellis, who have been very pleasant surprises this year. The weakest spot in the lineup is Mark Ellis, and he had a huge game today (I wouldn't expect that often, though, as he doesn't hit righties well).

Anyone have any updates on Victorino and Billingsley?

Billz went on the 15 day DL with elbow pain and Victorino is day to day with back stiffness, I think we won't see him till Monday or Tuesday

pb2k
August 25th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Vin Scully will be back in the booth next season - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-shaikin-dodgers-scully-20120826,0,5115215.story)

Frolov24
August 26th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Love the trade. Gonzo is a huge upgrade. The Dodgers were thin on potential impact hitters in their system, and free agency had little to offer. Once the Reds locked up Votto, the 1b options were very thin. If Gonzo was a free agent, a 6 year deal for $127mm is probably what he'd get. Beckett is a roll of the dice, but a worthwhile one. It's not a horrible 2 year deal considering the success he's had in the past. Can lived with him in the rotation at that price. Crawford is the risk, but taking that risk was the price the Dodgers had to take to get Gonzo. Even if he never returns to elite status (what he is being paid like) it is likely he'll still be a solid LF and still an offensive asset. The Dodgers also lacked outfielders in their system and few options were there in free agency. It's a risk still, but not one without hope. I expect Crawford to be a nice compliment to the lineup, and outperform Victorino (who would have been the other option) over the same period of time.

The Dodgers owners made a bold, risky move but it wad the right one. The have serious money to throw around and I think they saw that there weren't going to be as many chances to do so as one might think. Few impact players are reaching free agency these days. And guys like Pujols, when they do, require 10 year deals. The Dodgers gave up two nice arms but they still have Lee in the system and currently six starters under contract for 2013. If you're gonna trade guys like Webster and Rubby, it better be for a lineup changer like Gonzo. And I still think they go head to head with the Angels for Greinke this off-season.

Welcome to the new Dodgers.

roenick
August 26th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Love the trade. Gonzo is a huge upgrade. The Dodgers were thin on potential impact hitters in their system, and free agency had little to offer. Once the Reds locked up Votto, the 1b options were very thin. If Gonzo was a free agent, a 6 year deal for $127mm is probably what he'd get. Beckett is a roll of the dice, but a worthwhile one. It's not a horrible 2 year deal considering the success he's had in the past. Can lived with him in the rotation at that price. Crawford is the risk, but taking that risk was the price the Dodgers had to take to get Gonzo. Even if he never returns to elite status (what he is being paid like) it is likely he'll still be a solid LF and still an offensive asset. The Dodgers also lacked outfielders in their system and few options were there in free agency. It's a risk still, but not one without hope. I expect Crawford to be a nice compliment to the lineup, and outperform Victorino (who would have been the other option) over the same period of time.

The Dodgers owners made a bold, risky move but it wad the right one. The have serious money to throw around and I think they saw that there weren't going to be as many chances to do so as one might think. Few impact players are reaching free agency these days. And guys like Pujols, when they do, require 10 year deals. The Dodgers gave up two nice arms but they still have Lee in the system and currently six starters under contract for 2013. If you're gonna trade guys like Webster and Rubby, it better be for a lineup changer like Gonzo. And I still think they go head to head with the Angels for Greinke this off-season.

Welcome to the new Dodgers.
Great analysis Fro - makes me feel better about the deal. I assumed if Sands was really that good he would have been the everyday left fielder. I love Gonzo in this lineup and agree that Crawford is the key to the deal. Here's hoping he comes back well. Beckett is the one that is tough to take. I hope his rep as locker room cancer is incorrect and he helps the Dodgers.

As a Sox fan I am still ticked off they found someone to bail them out of their mistakes. I do like they managed to free up the cash and I hope they spend more wisely in the future.

keyTOarson
August 26th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Another perfect example of how difficult it is to make it through the middle of the Dodgers order right now, and Buehrle is a pretty damn good pitcher too (not that Johnson isn't).

Sucks the Billingsley is hurt. The rotation is looking a little sketchy right now. This team could be pretty damn amazing if Billingsley's injury isn't too serious.

Frolov24
August 27th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Going to see Beckett's Dodgers debut tonight @ Coors Field (tix are not hard to come by here in Denver these days). For Beckett's sake, might have made more sense to push Harang back a day and let him debut yesterday at home. Even though the Rockies lineup isn't terribly strong, making your first start for a new team at Coors Field is a pretty tall order.

keyTOarson
August 27th, 2012, 07:13 PM
It doesn't matter who the hell the Dodgers throw out there; they still make terrible pitchers looks like perennial All-Stars (and in Colorado, for Christssakes?!?!?). This is ****ing pathetic.

Cross Traffic
August 28th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Moose out front should have told ya that Beckett is washed up.

CardiacKid56
August 28th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Moose out front should have told ya that Beckett is washed up.

Did you watch the game? Beckett was solid, and only let in 3 runs including a solo homer. It was the Dodgers' ridiculously terrible bullpen that lost the game...that and the 0 runs scored.

pb2k
August 28th, 2012, 06:13 PM
What a ****ing disaster.

keyTOarson
August 28th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Another quality game from the Dodgers...

pb2k
August 29th, 2012, 01:38 PM
This is not what I was expecting out of a Joe Blanton start in Colorado.

keyTOarson
August 30th, 2012, 09:59 PM
At what point does Mattingly start feeling some heat? This is ridiculous.

Nick ****ing Punto leading off? What a joke. He doesn't understand the concept of putting together an adequate lineup.

Dawdler
August 30th, 2012, 10:30 PM
4.5 out, what a pathetic overpaid team.

mugs
August 31st, 2012, 03:21 PM
Well the Vagiants helped buy losing today. Now the Dodgers should help themselves by doing something there not used to doing. WINNING!!!

Dawdler
August 31st, 2012, 11:32 PM
8 losses out of 11 games this team needs a boost from somewhere

Claw21
September 1st, 2012, 07:40 AM
It's comical watching these guys lose to crappy teams.

pb2k
September 1st, 2012, 09:15 PM
It looks like Brandon League figured it out. Now the offense needs to get their **** together.

pb2k
September 2nd, 2012, 02:05 PM
I'm really getting sick of Victorino and Mark Ellis at the top of the order every day.

Claw21
September 3rd, 2012, 06:05 PM
Blanton and Victorino are just terrible.

pb2k
September 3rd, 2012, 06:40 PM
I hate Victorino more now than I did when he was on Philly.

Claw21
September 4th, 2012, 10:16 PM
I hate this Dodger bullpen more than Victorino.

pb2k
September 4th, 2012, 10:46 PM
It would be nice if Matt Kemp was good again.

Claw21
September 5th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Bullpen issues...again!

pb2k
September 5th, 2012, 10:33 PM
The offense is a ****ing joke. I don't understand how a lineup with Kemp, Gonzalez, Hanley and Ethier can only score like 2-3 runs a game.

keyTOarson
September 6th, 2012, 06:37 AM
The offense is a ****ing joke. I don't understand how a lineup with Kemp, Gonzalez, Hanley and Ethier can only score like 2-3 runs a game.

Mattingly keeps trotting the exact same lineup out there every game expecting things to change...maybe he should actually try and manage and put the players who are performing in more important spots of the lineup.

What's the definition of insanity again...?

gescom
September 6th, 2012, 08:29 AM
It would be nice if Matt Kemp was good again.

wasn't it Furcal who was on fire to start the season a couple of years ago, then got hurt?

Claw21
September 7th, 2012, 09:35 PM
What the hell happened to Matt Kemp? Mr 'non clutch' now.

keyTOarson
September 7th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Lincecum's ERA would be 7+ if it wasn't for his starts against the Dodgers.

pb2k
September 7th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Everyone sucks. I wish I could stop watching this ****.

Dawdler
September 7th, 2012, 11:08 PM
nice to see the veteran leadership the Dodgers picked up lead them to a division title :puke:

keyTOarson
September 8th, 2012, 04:42 PM
It was so weird seeing the Dodgers actually have some clutch hitting in the 9th today. Then, of course, they tried to run themselves out of the inning and the game.

At least they hung on. Only 4.5 back!

KingsOvAllKings
September 8th, 2012, 10:03 PM
"James McDonald and Andrew Lambo for Octavio Dotel"

Just one of many dumb trades. A hometown kid too.

keyTOarson
September 9th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Another outstanding effort tonight...after the team was spotted at a SF club last night. At least we know where their priorities are.

pb2k
September 9th, 2012, 07:34 PM
I wish I never had to see Shane Victorino in a Dodger uniform again.

keyTOarson
September 9th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Really inspiring effort tonight. This team sure cares about winning...oh no, wait, they'd actually rather all get trashed at some douchey San Fran club. What a ****ing waste. It doesn't matter how much money the owners spend if they have a roster full of players who couldn't care less if they win or not.

mugs
September 10th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Mattingly isn't a very good manager.

Claw21
September 11th, 2012, 08:57 PM
It amazes me how this team continues to lose to crappy teams and crappy pitchers.

keyTOarson
September 11th, 2012, 09:26 PM
It amazes me how this team continues to lose to crappy teams and crappy pitchers.

Good ol' Donnie will trot the same exact lineup out there tomorrow, too. Who cares if they haven't done anything for 3 weeks now?

pb2k
September 11th, 2012, 09:28 PM
I blame this all on Mickey Hatcher.

mugs
September 12th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Need to switch Cruz and Victorino in the order.

eddieshack23
September 12th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Cruz needs to play the entire game. Every game.

keyTOarson
September 12th, 2012, 06:38 PM
And Mattingly's response to the offensive struggles the past 3 weeks? Switch Kemp and Gonzalez in the order. Yeah, that'll fix it...

He doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

keyTOarson
September 12th, 2012, 07:00 PM
And Mattingly's response to the offensive struggles the past 3 weeks? Switch Kemp and Gonzalez in the order. Yeah, that'll fix it...

He doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

Welp, worked in the first inning. Still doesn't represent a longterm solution, though.

pb2k
September 13th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Ethier batting second Victorino batting sixth. It's different at least.

keyTOarson
September 13th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Ethier batting second Victorino batting sixth. It's different at least.

I just hate that the guy who has been hitting the ball the hardest the last month (Cruz) and the guy with the best OBP (A.J.) are not put in positions that would give the team a better chance to win. Instead of Victorino not getting on base for the middle of the lineup, now he'll just be ending innings with the middle of the lineup on base.

pb2k
September 13th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Did the Dodgers hire Terry Murray? Where the hell is the offense at?

keyTOarson
September 14th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Did the Dodgers hire Terry Murray? Where the hell is the offense at?

I've actually compared Mattingly to Murray numerous times. He just doesn't get as much out of his team as you know is there. The Kings clearly proved that bringing in Sutter.

pb2k
September 14th, 2012, 10:38 AM
But the players like him!

Cross Traffic
September 14th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Josh Beckett Got Thrown Out At First By The Right Fielder (http://deadspin.com/5943302/josh-beckett-got-thrown-out-at-first-by-the-right-fielder)

Lazy ****er Beckett. A 9-3 putout. Go have another beer you has been.

keyTOarson
September 14th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Josh Beckett Got Thrown Out At First By The Right Fielder (http://deadspin.com/5943302/josh-beckett-got-thrown-out-at-first-by-the-right-fielder)

Lazy ****er Beckett. A 9-3 putout. Go have another beer you has been.

Beckeet was actually hustling down te line. Beltran just made a great play.

EDIT: Friggin autocorrect...

SuperCalo2000
September 14th, 2012, 03:54 PM
If anything Beckett has been pitching well since his arrival. Offense... well... It's been offensive.

keyTOarson
September 14th, 2012, 06:46 PM
I don't care if I sound like a broken record, but what the **** is wrong with Mattingly? Ellis gets the night off? Fine. He needs rest. Punto goes in? Sure, he's good defensively. But you bat Shane Victorinoh-for-four in the leadoff spot, and you bat Punto (he of the sub-Mendoza batting average) AHEAD of one of the most consistent hitters all season and best on base guy?

Thank God Donnie's coming back as manager next year...

pb2k
September 14th, 2012, 07:46 PM
That is the third time Punto has slide into first. ****ing idiot.

Dawdler
September 15th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Kershaw scratched may miss the rest of the season (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/baseball/mlb/09/15/dodgers-kerhsaw-scratched-sunday-start.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a9&eref=sihp)

The Dodgers need to wave the while flag, they're done, without Kershaw in the rotation

pb2k
September 15th, 2012, 07:10 PM
If Kershaw is done for the season they need to sit Kemp also. Should probably sit Kemp either way before he ruins his shoulder.

Claw21
September 16th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Kemp should be sat simply because the dude just isn't clutch right now. Sit Victorino's ass too. He just sucks.

pb2k
September 16th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw reportedly may miss start of next season - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-0917-dodgers-notes-20120917,0,7573293.story)

Frolov24
September 19th, 2012, 01:48 PM
That is the third time Punto has slide into first. ****ing idiot.

Unless you're avoiding a tag there's no reason for diving into 1B. As my coach once said: you don't see sprinters dive across the finish line do you?

Also, looks like Kershaw has been cleared to pitch this season though the Dodgers aren't 100% on letting him. Gotta say, hearing hip issues for a young power pitcher is concerning. Maybe even more so than arm issues. Wonder if this will affect long-term contract extension talks? Though with this ownership they'll likely roll the dice either way.

Claw21
September 19th, 2012, 02:53 PM
I'm tired of watching these primadonna hitters. I predict dodgers come home under .500.

Claw21
September 19th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Wow I can't believe how bad Gonzalez is.

keyTOarson
September 19th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Loldodgers.

pb2k
September 19th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Kemp picked a good time to hit one out.

keyTOarson
September 19th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Kemp picked a good time to hit one out.

Seriously. I was amazed to see he still has power.

pb2k
September 19th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Brandon League has really turned it around after getting off to a terrible start with the Dodgers.

keyTOarson
September 20th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Brandon League has really turned it around after getting off to a terrible start with the Dodgers.

Brandon League & His Mechanical Fix | Chad Moriyama (http://www.chadmoriyama.com/2012/09/brandon-league-his-mechanical-fix/)

Chad Moriyama always has good analysis of the technicalities of mechanics.

Claw21
September 20th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Dodgers pitchers almost need to pitch lights out every outing because these Dodger hitters stink. So far tonight, Capuano not pitching lights out.

pb2k
October 2nd, 2012, 08:42 PM
I can't stand the way Mattingly manages. Does he not see that almost every one of his stupid ass IBB come back to bite him? ****ing *******.

pb2k
October 2nd, 2012, 10:42 PM
And the bunting. Enough with the ****ing bunting.

keyTOarson
October 2nd, 2012, 11:03 PM
And the bunting. Enough with the ****ing bunting.

Any competent GM would fire him on the ****ing spot.

pb2k
October 2nd, 2012, 11:10 PM
Competent GM? What's that?

keyTOarson
October 2nd, 2012, 11:17 PM
Competent GM? What's that?

Mattingly is so ****ing stubborn and stupid and won't accept the fact the bunting in most situations DECREASES your odds of winning. Forget all the advanced statistics, why the **** would not want 3 outs to work with instead of 2? Which provides you the best opportunity to win there, Donnie?

Not to mention it was A.J. Ellis who, among other things, sees the most pitches per at bat in the NL, has been at the top of the leader board in OBP all year, consistently gives quality at bats, and had just hit what was on its way to being the most important home run of the season. And you take the ****ing bat out of his hands?

Fire Mattingly and hire Acta. At least he understands how things like "the more guys you have on base the better chance you have to score runs" and "giving your team the most and best opportunities to win" work.