PDA

View Full Version : All things: HALLOWEEN

Pages : [1] 2 3

jerseydevil
July 18th, 2012, 06:27 PM
At the suggestion of Dexter, via Facebook...

Official Word on Silent Hill Invading Halloween Horror Nights | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/57338/official-word-silent-hill-invading-halloween-horror-nights)

jerseydevil
July 18th, 2012, 06:34 PM
The Walking Dead Head to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights | Shock Till You Drop (http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/168735-the-walking-dead-head-to-universals-halloween-horror-nights)

EKings84
July 18th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Cannot wait!

Mondo Blando
July 18th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Word is that Knotts is having an event this year called "Trapped", where they will have an appointment time only, no one under 18 maze where you have to sign a waiver to enter. It's a separate entry fee of something like a flat $60.00 per group, from 1 to 6 people, where only one group is allowed in the entire maze at a time - if you go solo, you get the place to yourself. It's supposed to be up to a 30 minute walk through duration. Fully interactive, foul language, groping, that sort of stuff

jerseydevil
July 18th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Yes Mondo...that is indeed the case. I almost feel as a longtime Knott's-er it is almost a must do. I am worried by the waiver. I am horribly claustrophobic and I can see them having some sort of constriction/crawl through pipe. Cannot wait to read the reviews and if it sounds like something doable, Kingsqueen/Robzilla...I toss down the gauntlet.

NastiMarvasti
July 18th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Horror Nights is my favorite event of the year. I start squirming for it starting at around November 1st. I've never done Knott's though and Trapped sounds pretty damn awesome. We did the Queen Mary last year and although fun, I still prefer Horror Nights.

jerseydevil
July 18th, 2012, 10:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9ye4N-6dWs

jerseydevil
July 18th, 2012, 10:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kGSIO4DRbs

Looks like Knotts finally realizes that you cannot keep doing the same damned thing year after year and NOT lose business.

jerseydevil
July 18th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Dark Imagery and Horror to Be Included in Dirty Lights Photo Exhibition in Hollywood | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/57449/dark-imagery-and-horror-be-included-dirty-lights-photo-exhibition-hollywood)

From the Press Release
The Dirty Lights Collective, Filter Magazine, Dilettante, Photoculture Audiophile Music and Swing House Studios are proud to present the group photography exhibition Dirty Lights. Merging a street and documentary theme with rock 'n roll, music photographer and director Piper Ferguson and writer/director-photographer Paul Solet united with fellow multi-hyphenates Jason Alvino and William Rot to form the Dirty Lights Collective. Live band announcements are forthcoming. Following the opening night reception, Dirty Lights will be viewable by appointment or online by virtual gallery.

The Dirty Lights exhibit features 13 incredibly diverse LA artists including veteran photographers Piper Ferguson, Michael Tighe, Joseph Llanes and sought-after upstarts like Eliot Lee Hazel, Tamar Levine, David Uzzardi, William Rot, Jason Alvino and Emma Elizabeth Garr, alongside the photography of artists throughout the entertainment industry, from guitarist Neal Casal (Ryan Adams and Chris Robinson Brotherhood), to actor-comedian Andy Dick ("The Andy Dick Show") to Sundance film writer-director Paul Solet (Grace), to Oscar-nominated cinematographer Matthew Libatique (Black Swan). The Dirty Lights Collective has assembled compelling film directors, cinematographers, musicians, comedians, writers, and photographers. "We all work in films, commercials, or as professional photographers, so the power of the image is something that unites us all," said Paul Solet of his co-curators. "We’re always turning each other on to our favorite work by our friends around town," adds Piper Ferguson. "We thought it would be exciting to put together an event with people that we admire, both as friends and artists."

A portion of the proceeds will benefit Pablove Shutterbugs, a program of the Pablove Foundation that teaches children living with cancer to develop their own creative voice through the art of photography.

too early for October...but might as well get in the mood. It's for a good cause too!

jerseydevil
July 18th, 2012, 11:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyYXkN0ZKCU&feature=related

Yeah...it's a kids movie. Still, Halloween-centric.

Oh, and it has a giant metal chicken dry-humping a station wagon...so there's that.

Mondo Blando
July 18th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Yes Mondo...that is indeed the case. I almost feel as a longtime Knott's-er it is almost a must do. I am worried by the waiver. I am horribly claustrophobic and I can see them having some sort of constriction/crawl through pipe. Cannot wait to read the reviews and if it sounds like something doable, Kingsqueen/Robzilla...I toss down the gauntlet.

Good thing is that it starts on like 9/21 this year, so there will time for a good cross-section of reviews before it's even October.

From what I understand they had some significant management changeover that happened mid-stream last year. The new team put more emphasis on developing the 2012 Haunt than in trying to salvage last years. The monster "talent" is supposed to be a really awful clique-type situation where the veterans do whatever they want - take inappropriate breaks, break character, pose for pictures, and really try to intimidate the newer hires. A lot of the vets took the "screw you" approach to new management trying to reign them in, and wouldn't show up before ultimately getting the boot. From what I understand they are going for a more professional approach this year, hopefully it works out.

TattooedSean
July 19th, 2012, 12:40 AM
The Walking Dead Head to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights | Shock Till You Drop (http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/168735-the-walking-dead-head-to-universals-halloween-horror-nights)

I have been to Universal Studios a few times during various trips. How does it work around the Halloween time when they have these horror nights? If I was going during the day, would I have one ticket for the regular Universal studios stuff and then another ticket for the horror stuff and is that only in the evening thus the horror nights?

I ask as I might finally get there for that when I hopefully can make it there to see the Kings and the Coyotes on Oct. 27. No Lockout please!:chickendance:

ucsdguy1
July 19th, 2012, 08:24 AM
but in even better halloween news......there are rumors of a drive to start Hocus Pocus 2.....

adgy-san
July 19th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Word is that Knotts is having an event this year called "Trapped", where they will have an appointment time only, no one under 18 maze where you have to sign a waiver to enter. It's a separate entry fee of something like a flat $60.00 per group, from 1 to 6 people, where only one group is allowed in the entire maze at a time - if you go solo, you get the place to yourself. It's supposed to be up to a 30 minute walk through duration. Fully interactive, foul language, groping, that sort of stuff

That sounds ****ING AWESOME.

jerseydevil
July 19th, 2012, 10:03 AM
I have been to Universal Studios a few times during various trips. How does it work around the Halloween time when they have these horror nights? If I was going during the day, would I have one ticket for the regular Universal studios stuff and then another ticket for the horror stuff and is that only in the evening thus the horror nights?

I ask as I might finally get there for that when I hopefully can make it there to see the Kings and the Coyotes on Oct. 27. No Lockout please!:chickendance:

I think you can buy a full day thing, but if so, it won't be cheap. It's two seperate admissions. Thanks Mondo for the update on Knotts behind the scenes. Kingsqueen has been telling me a bunch of this she got via twitter and I can honestly say that the scareactors have really got out of hand at Knotts. Too complacent, and convinced that they are stars. New Blood New Blood!!!! That's where the energy is. And it's why Universal has been...head & shoulders better over the past few years.

Dexter
July 19th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Still thinking of trying out Fright Dome at Circus Circus during Frozen Fury weekend.

jerseydevil
July 24th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Alice Cooper Returns to Halloween Horror Nights! | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/57599/alice-cooper-returns-halloween-horror-nights)

From the Press Release
Multi-platinum recording artist Alice Cooper, a mastermind of the rock horror genre, will conjure up his peculiar vision of disturbing horror imagery in two new haunted attractions debuting this fall at Halloween Horror Nights at both Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood.

For the first time ever at Universal Orlando Resort’s award-winning event, Alice Cooper’s own version of a demented and dark subconscious will come to life in the haunted maze, “Alice Cooper – Welcome to My Nightmare.” Inspired by iconic elements from his first solo album, the attraction will put guests inside the haunted dreams of the album’s recurring character, “Steven,” as he endures the scream-inducing madness spawned from the mind of the legendary rocker.

Making an encore performance at Universal Studios Hollywood’s acclaimed event, Alice Cooper’s new haunted attraction, “Alice Cooper Goes to Hell 3D,” will be inspired by the musician’s classic concept album centered on unending darkness, eternal torment and unimaginable horrors. The terrifying maze will beckon guests to experience hell’s interminable inferno as imagined through the eyes of hard rock visionary Alice Cooper. To experience this daunting new maze, guests will don 3D glasses for an optimum up close and personal three-dimensional encounter with Alice Cooper’s underworld.

Rock & Roll Hall of Famer Alice Cooper pioneered the concept of the theatrical rock concert. His recording career spans six decades, includes more than two dozen albums, millions of record sales, countless world tours and appearances in scores of movies and videos, including “Nightmare on Elm Street: Freddy’s Dead,” Universal Pictures’ “Prince of Darkness” and a memorable appearance in the recent “Dark Shadows.” Last fall, Alice Cooper released his acclaimed “Welcome 2 My Nightmare,” his long-awaited sequel to his 1975 classic “Welcome to My Nightmare,” which debuted at No. 22 on the Billboard 200.

Sharing his enthusiasm, Alice Cooper said, “I grew up watching classic Universal horror movies so it’s a thrill for me to work with Universal’s designers to create the quintessential Alice Cooper maze for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort. To have Alice Cooper haunted attractions at both parks this year is truly an honor...or is it a horror? Last year, Universal Studios Hollywood scared the wits out of me with their maniacal and demented creation and they’ve promised to up the ante with ‘Alice Cooper Goes To Hell 3D.’ I can’t wait to see the final terrifying masterpiece. It will be hell. I’m even more excited to see Universal Orlando Resort’s maze, ‘Alice Cooper - Welcome To My Nightmare. Let’s see if they can scare me!”

“There are few as coolly demented as Alice Cooper,” said Jim Timon, Senior Vice President of Entertainment at Universal Orlando Resort. “He’s a cult classic icon and his partnership on the ‘Alice Cooper – Welcome to My Nightmare’ maze will bring something completely new and unexpected to our Halloween Horror Nights fans.”

John Murdy, Creative Director at Universal Studios Hollywood, said, “We wanted to break new ground with the insanely immersive ‘Alice Cooper Goes to Hell 3D’ maze and elevate its journey into the abyss to a shocking new level. The cutting-edge 3D technology we invented for this haunted attraction will add a palatable sense of realism to an already twisted environment that only music genius Alice Cooper could envision. Through innovative sets and LED technology, we’ve totally pushed the envelope to turn Alice’s maze into a mind-blowing 3D experience for his fans and Halloween Horror Nights guests.”

Love the Coop but I thought his maze last year was pretty but not real effective. Sounds like they are gonna jump it up a bit.

orpheus
July 24th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Isn't too early to start thinking about Halloween, you pumpkinheads?

Oh, wait, it's never to early!!

NastiMarvasti
July 25th, 2012, 12:05 AM
This 3D **** needs to end already. Having said that, I liked the Cooper maze last year. I just hope they're done with House of 1000 Corpses. One year of that was enough, let alone two in a row.

jerseydevil
July 30th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Universal Studios' Halloween Horror Nights: More on the Alice Cooper, Silent Hill, and The Walking Dead Attractions | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/57742/universal-studios-halloween-horror-nights-more-alice-cooper-silent-hill-and-walking-dead-)

jerseydevil
August 1st, 2012, 02:20 PM
Knott's Berry Farm unveils Halloween Haunt 2012 mazes - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/themeparks/la-trb-halloween-haunt-2012-knotts-scary-farm-08201201,1,1099491.story)

New Knott's mazes for 2012:

> Trapped -- The VIP maze, a first for Knott's, will allow up to six visitors through at a time, promising an uptick in the frequency and intensity of scares. Pre-sale reservations will be available, with $60 tickets sold online in advance and the price jumping to $75 for walk-ups on the day of the event. At least one member of the party must be 17 or older. Visitors will be issued a specific start time for the maze and access to a VIP waiting area. (Located in the Laser Tag area)

> Evil Dead -- Based on the 2013 remake of the classic horror movie, the maze takes visitors through the woods to a deserted cabin where a horde of demons unleashed from the "Book of the Dead" await. (Located in the Timber Mountain Log Ride)

> Dominion of the Dead -- The revamped version of the late 1990s vampire maze returns with visitors entering the shadowy world of the undead. The tour through the twisted museum of irresistible art and music will include three sections: the Gallery of the Damned, the Dark Courtyard and the Inner Sanctum. The off-kilter art and statues will come to life as visitors proceed through the museum. (Located backstage near Ghostrider, replacing Lockdown: The Asylum)

> Pinocchio Unstrung -- Pinocchio embarks on a wild killing spree after the Blue Fairy denies him his final wish. An army of murderous marionettes seeks the flesh of maze visitors to cover Pinocchio's twisted, wooden body. (Located inside Wilderness Dance Hall, replacing the Doll Factory)

> Trick-Or-Treat -- The terror-filled maze takes visitors inside a witch's house on Halloween night. For a fee, visitors will get a mask, souvenirs and candy at stations throughout the queue in another first for Knott's. You can tour the maze without paying for the up-charge candy option. (Located backstage near Ghostrider)

jerseydevil
August 1st, 2012, 02:22 PM
Universal Studios Hollywood unveils Halloween Horror Nights plans - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/themeparks/la-trb-halloween-haunt-2012-universal-studios-hollywood-07201231,0,1149768.story)

The Walking Dead maze will take visitors into a post-apocalyptic wasteland overrun by hordes of zombies. Based on the AMC television show, the maze will send survivors in search of a safe and secure home through an onslaught of vicious, hungry and growling "walkers."

The Silent Hill maze will be based on the survival horror video game and film franchise set in the fog-shrouded and ash-covered eponymous fictional American town. Treading between reality and the Otherworld, the psychologically terrifying maze will feature characters from the games and movies, including Pyramid Head and the faceless nurses.

The Alice Cooper maze will draw on elements from the shock rocker's theatrical concerts and feature music from his 1976 concept album, "Alice Cooper Goes to Hell." Returning from last year with an updated storyline, the 3-D maze will feature themes of unending darkness, eternal torment and unimaginable horrors inspired by the album.

Halloween Horror Nights creative director John Murdy has been sprinkling clues on Twitter about the upcoming Universal Studios Hollywood event, going so far as to create code names for all the mazes.

A fourth maze, code-named The Smiths, will draw its theme from the song "Suffer Little Children" on the alternative rock band's eponymous debut album.

The fifth maze, code named Quigley, will be based on a movie tangentially related to Clint Eastwood or Burt Reynolds.
Murdy's Twitter followers unraveled the clues for the mazes code named Carpenter (Silent Hill), Classic Cowboy (Walking Dead) and Dante (Alice Cooper).

It remains to be seen if any additional mazes will return from last year, which included The Thing: Assimilation, Eli Roth's Hostel: Hunting Season, Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses, The Wolfman: Curse of Talbot Hall and La Llorona: Village of Lost Souls.

Huh?

jerseydevil
August 2nd, 2012, 02:02 PM
Halloween Horror Nights: La Llorona is BACK! | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/57906/halloween-horror-nights-la-llorena-back)

miiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssss hiiiiiiiiijjjjjjjjjjjjjoooooooooosssssssssssssssss sss

orpheus
August 2nd, 2012, 05:41 PM
Did I tell you guys my sister did the radio commercial voice La Llorona last year? I won't post any thing here because she's a private person like me, but she's a Stage Manager at Universal, and someone asked her, you look Latin enough, haha, can you record this?

Haha. I am so proud of her though. :)

NastiMarvasti
August 2nd, 2012, 09:00 PM
I liked La Llorona last year. I hope they make it a little longer though this year.

Kingsqueen
August 3rd, 2012, 12:26 PM
I liked La Llorona last year. I hope they make it a little longer though this year.

Yeah, JD and I got pwned quite a few times. Ahhh, good times! :)

jerseydevil
August 3rd, 2012, 01:12 PM
Yeah, JD and I got pwned quite a few times. Ahhh, good times! :)

Yeah, some other fella too...

jerseydevil
August 3rd, 2012, 02:41 PM
Penn & Teller Invade Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights in Radioactive 3D | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/57931/penn-teller-invade-universal-orlandos-halloween-horror-nights-radioactive-3d)

From the Press Release
Ladies and gentlemen, consider yourselves warned – for the first time ever, the bad boys of magic, Penn & Teller, are bringing their eccentric and edgy illusionist entertainment to life in an all-new 3D haunted house – “Penn & Teller New(kd) Las Vegas” – at Universal Orlando Resort’s horror-inducing, award-winning Halloween Horror Nights event. Prepare to experience the lights and allure of Las Vegas… with a toxic twist.

For more than 35 years, Penn & Teller have redefined the magic genre, specializing in gory vaudeville-like tricks, exposing frauds and performing inconceivable stunts live in front of sold-out crowds. And now they’re partnering with the designers at Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights to infuse their brand of entertainment in a complete haunted house environment – something they have never done before.

Best known for their satirical humor, outrageous antics and mind-blowing magic, including their famous “The Magic Bullets” trick (where the duo catch bullets in their teeth), the pair has entertained guests at Las Vegas’ Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino for more than 10 years, making their act one of the longest running and most beloved shows in Las Vegas history.

This fall Penn & Teller invite Halloween Horror Nights guests to step into a dark, dilapidated and radioactive version of “Sin City,” as if one of their magic tricks has gone terribly awry and the city has been covered in nuclear ooze. Concepted by the duo themselves, the maze will feature the best of Vegas – showgirls, slot machines, little white wedding chapel, all-you-can-eat buffet, and more – all glowing with a toxic green hue.

“Universal Horror Nights can scare the living Elvis out of you, and me & Teller, well, we've been known to take things a bit too far. Now we're working together on showing you what it would be like to live in a post-nuclear explosion Sin City. C'mon by, but remember, you're not playing with children here,” said Penn Jillette, the larger, louder half of the duo.

“We’ve done more than just tap into the wildly creative minds of Penn & Teller, the most influential illusionists in the world. We’ve been working really closely with them. You are literally going to hear Penn directing you through this toxic wasteland before coming face-to-face with both Penn & Teller in this jarring 3D experience,” said Jim Timon, Senior Vice President of Entertainment at Universal Orlando Resort.

Penn & Teller have earned an impressive 13 Emmy Award nominations for their long-running Showtime series, “Penn & Teller: BS!” They have also written three New York Times best-sellers and had two successful Broadway show runs. They’ve both also recently appeared on numerous television shows, including “Celebrity Apprentice,” “Dancing With The Stars” and “Top Chef,” and were selected to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2013.

Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights has a more than 20-year history of creating an incredibly entertaining, horrifying Halloween experience that is consistently rated the nation’s best. The event features highly-themed, disturbingly real haunted houses based on everything from film to nightmares -- and streets filled with hundreds of specially-trained “scareactors.”

Dexter
August 3rd, 2012, 11:51 PM
Lucky bastards.

jerseydevil
August 6th, 2012, 12:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XnvxjJQkqZY

NastiMarvasti
August 8th, 2012, 01:54 PM
The Walking Dead Invade Halloween Horror Nights | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/58058/walking-dead-invade-halloween-horror-nights)

The terror tram is one of my favorite parts of HHN, but I'm not sure I like the idea of them using up two attractions with one show.

jerseydevil
August 8th, 2012, 09:43 PM
The Walking Dead Invade Halloween Horror Nights | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/58058/walking-dead-invade-halloween-horror-nights)

The terror tram is one of my favorite parts of HHN, but I'm not sure I like the idea of them using up two attractions with one show.

wait...what? The same tired ass 'well we can't really do anything with that tremendous airplane set so...' slog up multiple hills? Really?

NastiMarvasti
August 9th, 2012, 11:21 AM
wait...what? The same tired ass 'well we can't really do anything with that tremendous airplane set so...' slog up multiple hills? Really?

The plane/War of the Worlds set is my least favorite part of it. There's something about that climb up the hill that brings me back to my Halloween youth.

Dexter
August 9th, 2012, 01:05 PM
There are portions of the terror tram I enjoy. Still wish they would incorporate the actual shooting location downtown for the Walking Dead zombies, but I doubt it.

jerseydevil
August 11th, 2012, 02:03 PM
The Trailer for Eli Roth's Goretorium Makes a Bloody Splash | Shock Till You Drop (http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/169187-the-trailer-for-eli-roths-goretorium-makes-a-bloody-splash)

As Halloween approaches, we hope to cover as many haunted attractions as we can for the holiday season. One we're aiming to make a jaunt out to Las Vegas for is Eli Roth's Goretorium which we first told you about in May.

Yes indeed, the man who gave us Cabin Fever and the Hostel films has made such a mark on the genre that he created a Las Vegas attraction and, today, we have a look at the trailer. Head inside for all of the sordid details and the preview!

Director Eli Roth gives fans a first-look into Sin City’s most terrifying horror experience, Eli Roth’s GORETORIUM, with a gruesome video trailer debut on Friday, August 10. The 30-second video gives a glimpse of what guests will be exposed to should they dare to take a tour through Las Vegas first year-round haunt, opening this September.

Get a brief glimpse into Roth’s twisted plans for the world’s first GORETORIUM where his unfiltered approach to horror will be brought from the screen to reality when the mythical Hotel Delmont comes to terrifying life on the Las Vegas Strip.

The self-guided horror experience begins in the lobby of the eerie hotel and unveils gruesome sights of past hotel guest victims, and the serial-killing family behind the deeds at every turn. Employing high-tech Vegas showmanship with old-fashioned scares, the terrifying labyrinth of live actors, animatronic frights and stunning special effects is contained in a vintage hotel setting that rivals Hollywood’s best movie sets. Fans can expect both the trailer and GORETORIUM to have all the gory, classic scares amplified with the edgy spin that has made Roth the new mastermind of horror genre.

Advanced ticket sales for GORETORIUM are available now. For more information or to purchase tickets please visit www.goretorium.com.

Tweet It: NEW VIDEO: Director @EliRoth gives a sneak-peak into his gruesome new creation @Goretorium LIVE at Goretorium.com! #WatchAtYourOwnRisk

Pagliacci
August 12th, 2012, 01:57 PM
In other news I'm finally going to buy myself a fog machine! :)

jerseydevil
August 12th, 2012, 06:11 PM
In other news I'm finally going to buy myself a fog machine! :)

Well...it's about goddamned time kid!

Dr. Naysay
August 12th, 2012, 06:22 PM
I bought one two years ago.... it worked like cracker jacks the first year but I think I stored it incorrectly or something because the second Halloween I tried to use it was unreliable at best.

Got any advice jd?

jerseydevil
August 12th, 2012, 06:24 PM
I bought one two years ago.... it worked like cracker jacks the first year but I think I stored it incorrectly or something because the second Halloween I tried to use it was unreliable at best.

Got any advice jd?

Buy another one...no really, I have no idea. I know nothing about them but I have to assume that your unit won't get better and fixing it is probably prohibitive as far as cost. Sorry. Wish I had better news.

Dr. Naysay
August 12th, 2012, 06:40 PM
That's what I figured.

Sadly my reason for having one moved to South Carolina this summer so.... maybe in a few years I'll get another one.

jerseydevil
August 12th, 2012, 06:44 PM
That's what I figured.

Sadly my reason for having one moved to South Carolina this summer so.... maybe in a few years I'll get another one.

You can rent them can't you? Can't imagine the rentals would be 100%, but it's a thought.

Dr. Naysay
August 12th, 2012, 06:50 PM
No reason to anymore.

Pagliacci
August 13th, 2012, 11:04 AM
No reason to anymore.
The fog siren? Sounds sexy.

EDITMAN2411
August 13th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Anybody else going to try and squeeze this in on their Frozen Fury trip?

Haunt Review: Freakling Bros. Trilogy of Terror (Las Vegas, NV) ? The Scare Zone (http://www.scare-zone.com/wordpress/archives/2985)

jerseydevil
August 14th, 2012, 07:18 PM
The Universal Monsters Remix Halloween Horror Nights | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/58274/universal-monsters-remix-halloween-horror-nights)

From the Press Release
Universal’s infamous legacy of horror will come to an afterlife in “Universal Monsters Remix,” an all-new terrifying experience that re-imagines the classic horror icons of yesteryear for the 21st century and immerses them in the twisted confines of electronica-inspired music during “Halloween Horror Nights?” at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Set within the antechambers of an eerily Gothic castle, the new “Universal Monsters Remix” maze will unleash a cast of movies' most legendary creatures, including Frankenstein’s Monster and his Bride, Dracula and his Brides, Phantom of the Opera and The Wolf Man. From deep within the stone fortress, accompanied by ominous strobe lighting effects, guests will traverse dark and dank arteries of rotting catacombs, hallowed underground crypts and pagan sacrificial burial chambers. Laced with the murmur of dialogue from Universal’s catalogue of horror films, guests will be besieged by the relentless sounds of high-energy, horror-inspired dance, dub-step and industrial music.

This year’s “Halloween Horror Nights” at Universal Studios Hollywood brings together the sickest minds in horror to immerse guests in the living, breathing, three-dimensional world of the most notorious and terrifying creatures. Featuring a slate of unrivaled film production quality mazes, terror-filled Scare Zones and a fully re-imagined “Terror Tram” experience, uniquely themed to today’s most definitive horror properties, “Halloween Horror Nights” will taunt, terrorize and torment guests with incomparable spellbinding and spine-chilling haunted attractions.

“Halloween Horror Nights” experiences will include an immersive new maze, “The Walking Dead: Dead Inside,” based on AMC’s critically-acclaimed, Golden Globe?-nominated and Emmy? Award-winning TV series; “Welcome to Silent Hill,” based on the popular video games and film franchise; a new maze by legendary shock rocker, “Alice Cooper Goes to Hell 3D,” and a reimagined “La Llorona: Cazadora de Ni?os” maze, based on the terrifying Mexican and Latin American legend that has terrified children for centuries. An all new “Terror Tram: Invaded by The Walking Dead” attraction, also inspired by the TV series, will invite guests to navigate the haunted environs of the world-famous movie and television studio backlot and come face to face with hordes of flesh-eating, blood-drooling and groaning “walkers.” Additional haunted attractions to be announced shortly.

Wait??? What???? Dubstep Classic Monsters. Ok...it's Universal so I will give the benefit of a doubt. But...worried.

jerseydevil
August 15th, 2012, 09:59 AM
anyone done this?

The Los Angeles Haunted Hayride Returns for Fourth Year | Shock Till You Drop (http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/169263-the-los-angeles-haunted-hayride-returns-for-fourth-year)

Ah, our favorite time of year - Halloween - is on the horizon and we're being hit with press releases for various haunted attractions that are currently in prep. Here in Los Angeles, we'll get Knott's Scary Farm, Universal's Halloween Horror Nights and the Los Angeles Haunted Hayride among other haunts and, this morning, we have details on the latter, returning for its fourth year.

With the unprecedented amount of media and celebrity attendance in previous years, Los Angeles Haunted Hayride has upped the ante with a brand new 360-degree interactive experience. The LAHH will take the terror to all sides, and even overhead, of unsuspecting patrons while some get splashed with a bit of spatter for a more unnerving experience. Additionally, the trail has been extended in length to provide more content and a longer ride than ever before.

This year's theme is "The Congregation," which will explore the darkness and power of cults. "The Congregation" is the prequel to previous years, as it takes patrons back in what has been a three year story to experience the darkness that overcame The Clifton's, as well as the community before the fateful night that a mysterious church fire killed an entire congregation.

"We've really focused on bringing our guests into the ride this year," said Melissa Carbone, Executive Producer of Los Angeles Haunted Hayride. "When they leave, they should look like they just woke up from a rough night out. We're going to show them immediately that you have no idea what to expect or from where to expect it. This is the best work we've ever done."

The "In-Between Dark Maze" is also bigger and darker this year, as it dares guests to enter the shadowy maze. Not for the faint at heart, this attraction will send scare seekers into a sea of blackness with nothing but their hands in front of them and a low voltage lantern that does not help them see as much as it helps them be seen. The demons, maniacs, and creatures residing in these walls have grown unusually large and vicious. But beware of Doom, the master of these walls, for he is the most vicious of them all.

Lastly, "Purgatory" is a sideshow to entertain guests while they are in the event queue. Psychics, games, a Scary-Go-Round, a House Of Mirrors, horror movies, music, magic and freak shows, demonic stilt walkers, a special FX booth, photo scenes and more – there is plenty of entertainment to keep busy and all activities in "Purgatory" are included with ticket purchase excluding food, gaming, & merchandise.

The terror of Los Angeles Haunted Hayride IV starts on Friday, October 5th 2012. There will be a special evening hosted by "Elvira" Mistress of The Dark on Saturday, October 6th 2012, with special Elvira VIP Packages available online that will allow guests to ride with Elvira. Sunday, October 7th 2012 is the Annual Premiere Night with a black carpet full of celebrities and sponsors who will get to experience this year's all new festivities. Past celebrity attendees at the Los Angeles Haunted Hayride include Megan Fox, Nikki Reed, Lauren Conrad, Jillian Michaels, Sarah Hyland, Lucy Hale, Krysten Ritter, Chris Colfer, Chord Overstreet, Stephanie Pratt, David Beckham, Bob Harper, Emmy Rossum, Sarah Silverman, Ashley Benson, Ryan Gosling, Christopher Mintz-Plasse and many more.

Los Angeles Haunted Hayride will be open from Thursday through Sundays from October 5th -October 31st 2012. General Admission is $28, Double Attraction Passes are $37, and VIP passes that surpass the line are $52. $5-Off Discount coupons are available with your purchase of any Sunkist or Squirt soda product at all Southern California Ralph's Supermarkets. Ticket sales support the LA Parks Foundation, preserving parks for the people of Los Angeles. TICKETS ON PRE-SALE NOW. Visit Los Angeles Haunted Hayride - LA's most buzzed about Halloween Attraction (http://www.losangeleshauntedhayride.com) for complete details.

LetTigerIn
August 15th, 2012, 05:13 PM
anyone done this?

The Los Angeles Haunted Hayride Returns for Fourth Year | Shock Till You Drop (http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/169263-the-los-angeles-haunted-hayride-returns-for-fourth-year)

I happened to get a free ticket last year. It was fun. I'm not sure how it compares to other Halloween mazes/rides, because I haven't been to others except for Knott's Scary Farm once. What I can say for sure is that it's probably worth the extra cost of the VIP pass, because the lines get very long. With the VIP pass, we did both the hayride and the maze. The attractions themselves are suitable length. There was a carousel, a couple of shows in a small area, and some wandering monsters, and that's about it.

ucsdguy1
August 16th, 2012, 08:51 AM
I've never done the hayride. Question - do you stay in the wagon the entire ride, or do you get off and move around?

I truly suck when it comes to losing my bearings (i.e. mazes, etc), but think I could handle letting stuff jump out at me while inside the comfort of a fixed spot in a wagon.

jerseydevil
August 16th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Halloween Horror Nights Revs Up for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Saw is the Law! | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/58335/halloween-horror-nights-revs-texas-chainsaw-massacre-saw-law)

Oldie but a goodie. That should wrap it up. Overall...initial thoughts??? Feels like a weak sister a little bit. But it's all about the scares. The Thing was one of the least interesting last year and it had some of the best gags. I trust Murdy & co. And if it is an off year, it will get corrected...you can bet on that. At least it's new stuff every year, for the most part. Some are gonna be better than others.

jerseydevil
August 16th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Fantastic Fest 2012: First Images from the Haunted Attraction Documentary The American Scream | Shock Till You Drop (http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/169291-fantastic-fest-2012-first-images-from-haunted-attraction-documentary-the-american-scream)

LetTigerIn
August 16th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I've never done the hayride. Question - do you stay in the wagon the entire ride, or do you get off and move around?

I truly suck when it comes to losing my bearings (i.e. mazes, etc), but think I could handle letting stuff jump out at me while inside the comfort of a fixed spot in a wagon.

On the hayride, you sit in the wagon the entire time.

NastiMarvasti
August 16th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Halloween Horror Nights Revs Up for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Saw is the Law! | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/58335/halloween-horror-nights-revs-texas-chainsaw-massacre-saw-law)

Oldie but a goodie. That should wrap it up. Overall...initial thoughts??? Feels like a weak sister a little bit. But it's all about the scares. The Thing was one of the least interesting last year and it had some of the best gags. I trust Murdy & co. And if it is an off year, it will get corrected...you can bet on that. At least it's new stuff every year, for the most part. Some are gonna be better than others.

I've only gone the last two years but I can safely say I liked the 2010 version better than 2011. Saw was better than Hostel, Friday the 13th was better than The Thing, Nightmare on Elm Street was better than La Llarona (only because it was longer), and Chucky was better than Scream. The best thing about last year's was that there was an extra maze. Glad they're doing a classic horror film this year with Chainsaw Massacre. I feel like those are always the highlights.

jerseydevil
August 16th, 2012, 04:15 PM
so...which Maze is downstairs? I say it's either Silent Hill or TCM.

Dexter
August 16th, 2012, 04:31 PM
The found the easiest way to incorporate the chainsaws this year. Ha!

NastiMarvasti
August 16th, 2012, 05:18 PM
so...which Maze is downstairs? I say it's either Silent Hill or TCM.

The one that's next to Mummy/Transformers will likely be TCM. The smelly mazes are always there and there's no better maze this year than TCM when it comes to rotting carcass odor. I can picture a bunch of guys dressed up as Leatherface waiting for us at the bottom of the escalators too. I'm guessing Alice Cooper will be next to Jurassic Park again.

Edit: We should place bets. I'm gonna say La Llorona is in the same place. Monster will be in the House of Horrors. Walking Dead where The Thing was last year and Silent Hill where Rob Zombie was last year. Then again, you could switch TWD and SH as well.

orpheus
August 16th, 2012, 07:35 PM
They gonna do a TCM one? :D Haha! Apparently, a few years back, Universal was too cheap to license Leatherface, so they just had some dude dressed up as a pseudo Leatherface character named uncle Cletus who walked around the park. mhihi:

Dexter
August 20th, 2012, 07:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJBvCueho6Q

jerseydevil
August 20th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Man...Kingsqueen fears the 'saw. Gonna be fun on a bun.

Dexter
August 23rd, 2012, 08:53 AM
Since I'm still going to Vegas regardless if a silly hockey game is gonna be played...

Romero brings living dead to Vegas Fright Dome - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU (http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/19351286/romero-brings-living-dead-to-vegas-fright-dome)

jerseydevil
August 28th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Halloween Horror Nights: An Exclusive Early Look at Renderings for the New Alice Cooper Maze | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/58723/halloween-horror-nights-exclusive-early-look-renderings-new-alice-cooper-maze)

Dexter
August 31st, 2012, 01:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhbCd3aqDNc

jerseydevil
September 3rd, 2012, 02:41 PM
Knott's Berry Farm Celebrates 40 Years of Haunt With New Museum | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/59331/knotts-berry-farm-celebrates-40-years-haunt-new-museum)

Dexter
September 3rd, 2012, 11:45 PM
We gotta get an official LGK Night to go to Universal. I've already got Lappy!

jerseydevil
September 6th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood Preview! | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/59477/halloween-horror-nights-hollywood-preview)

Ok, so according to this The Walking Dead is a maze, not the theme of this years tram. Still not sure...they have been a little vague and confusing, at least as far as my comprehension.

Dexter
September 7th, 2012, 12:39 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/424704_10151021416981727_841106984_n.jpg

jerseydevil
September 9th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Ok, so now we have our answer...

Halloween Horror Nights: We Get a Preview of The Walking Dead: Dead Inside | Shock Till You Drop (http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/169753-halloween-horror-nights-we-get-a-preview-of-the-walking-dead-dead-inside)

One of television's biggest horror hits is coming to life at Universal Hollywood's Halloween Horror Nights. The Walking Dead will be invading the park later this month, assaulting attendees on two fronts: With the maze, The Walking Dead: Dead Inside, and the Terror Tram tour.

This week, creative director John Murdy took select members of the press - including Shock Till You Drop - on a tour of the maze. After the jump, gain access to our photo gallery and check out a video of one of the gruesome rooms attendees will be stepping through.

In our tour, we learned:
•Dead Inside is based on the first two seasons of the hit AMC series.
• Greg Nicotero of KNB EFX (he's also directing episodes of The Walking Dead) is in constant contact with Murdy and watching over the maze's production.
• Murdy and his team were able to use the same FX molds and sound effects as those used on the show.
• Your journey through the maze begins with the hospital Rick Grimes wakes up in and ends at Herschel's barn.
• You'll meet "bicycle girl." Other highlights include the tank sequence (complete with half-eaten horse), the deer-eating zombie and the well zombie.
• Murdy originally wanted to recreate the car-riddle highway from season 2, but pulling it off proved to be too ambitious. It would take up way too much space.
• Over 2,000 prosthetic appliances will be used on this maze alone through the event's run from September through October.
• The maze will incorporate the smell of decaying corpses.

jerseydevil
September 11th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Halloween Horror Nights: A Sneak Peek at the Silent Hill Maze | Shock Till You Drop (http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/169793-halloween-horror-nights-a-sneak-peek-at-the-silent-hill-maze)

jerseydevil
September 16th, 2012, 06:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1EAVmDpHXI&feature=player_embedded

mmmcammy
September 16th, 2012, 07:59 PM
thanks for sharing that!! I love love love The Nightmare Before Christmas, so as a Disneyland annual passholder, this is my favorite time of year. I went yesterday to check out what they did on the Haunted Mansion this year and it's pretty awesome. there's a few new things here and there, but the gingerbread house they did this year is extra awesome and is modeled after Jack's house from the movie. love.

Dexter
September 17th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Going to Horror Nights on Saturday with a guy that does a shocked face in every picture.

Dexter
September 18th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Official map of HHN:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/383434_10151035348106727_877893229_n.jpg

jerseydevil
September 18th, 2012, 11:49 AM
OOOOH Transformers is open. Probably the last time that happens. King Kong was open the first year and not after. I will never go to Universal on non HHN days, so here's my chance to try it.

And it looks like TCM is downstairs. Thanks Dex...nice work!

jerseydevil
September 18th, 2012, 04:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vKOeoiceJOo

Dexter
September 23rd, 2012, 02:23 AM
Okay got this out of the way. Gotta say, the Transformers ride was awesome. Wasn't really expecting it to be so given the movies, but it delivered. I'll say, the Walking Dead maze + Terror Tram were by far the biggest disappointments. The zombies were scarce in the maze, and while their were a few memorial zombies from the show, they were placed in odd areas. The tram, was as expected from the previous versions. The only difference is they dropped the King Kong portion this time around. You get out at Whoville, make the walk upward towards Bates Mansion, and then proceed to the War of the Worlds set. Pretty much it. Dale's RV makes a sweet appearance.

The best mazes were Alice Cooper 3D, and La Llorona which was the same as last year. Alice Cooper had better spots (and Go-Go dancers) but La Llorona had a great set. The Universal Monsters remix is what is expected since the same thing can be shown during the day, but is still nice. Silent Hill was decent enough filled with attractive slutty nurses and various large men with block heads. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre was okay. Pretty much whatever the Saw one is like.

But, the Bill and Ted thing was terrible. It was awkward with the dancing to pop culture references for the year, few of which I even knew. They did make fun of the Kings, and the popularity it doesn't have. I don't really see how it fits the Halloween experience, but okay.

Also disappointing was how few actual scare zone peeps there were. I hope there are more when it gets closer to Halloween, but seriously, maybe 15-20 guys total.

Lappy and I had fun though. Definitely needed those front of line passes. As unfortunate as the Walking Dead portions were, the other mazes were really great designs.

jerseydevil
September 23rd, 2012, 07:25 PM
Watch The Entire Ride Through Of Knott’s ‘Evil Dead’ Log Ride NOW!! | | Bloody DisgustingBloody Disgusting (http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3193713/watch-the-entire-ride-through-of-knotts-evil-dead-log-ride-now/)

NastiMarvasti
September 23rd, 2012, 09:13 PM
Okay got this out of the way. Gotta say, the Transformers ride was awesome. Wasn't really expecting it to be so given the movies, but it delivered.

We got there early and it said the line was 3 hours. I swear that must have been a mistake but we didn't want to risk it so we skipped that one.

I'll say, the Walking Dead maze + Terror Tram were by far the biggest disappointments. The zombies were scarce in the maze, and while their were a few memorial zombies from the show, they were placed in odd areas. The tram, was as expected from the previous versions. The only difference is they dropped the King Kong portion this time around. You get out at Whoville, make the walk upward towards Bates Mansion, and then proceed to the War of the Worlds set. Pretty much it. Dale's RV makes a sweet appearance.

The best mazes were Alice Cooper 3D, and La Llorona which was the same as last year. Alice Cooper had better spots (and Go-Go dancers) but La Llorona had a great set. The Universal Monsters remix is what is expected since the same thing can be shown during the day, but is still nice. Silent Hill was decent enough filled with attractive slutty nurses and various large men with block heads. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre was okay. Pretty much whatever the Saw one is like.

The Walking Dead theme wasn't very good. I don't watch the show so there is that but at the same time, there were few scares. I wasn't thrilled that they were devoting two attractions to the show to begin with. I'll explain my beef with the tram later. Alice Cooper 3D was better than House of 1000 Corpses 3D but not as good as Alice Cooper of last year. I just don't like the 3D crap and it's way too bright in there. I understand you need light to see 3D but if I had a choice, I'd choose dark lighting and no 3D. And why is that line by Terminator 3D always the longest and slowest? La Llorona was great even though it was the same. Of the new ones, I thought TCM was the best, by far. I really liked that one and wish it was upstairs so you can go through it more than once. I never end up going back downstairs because it takes so damn long. The sets were exactly like the movie. Silent Hill wasn't memorable at all. I've completely forgotten everything about it other than the entrance and the bunnies. Monster Remix is what you would expect but I love the House of Horrors. And I thought the music was pretty good. That damn Wolfman gets me every time.

But, the Bill and Ted thing was terrible. It was awkward with the dancing to pop culture references for the year, few of which I even knew. They did make fun of the Kings, and the popularity it doesn't have. I don't really see how it fits the Halloween experience, but okay.

Went to this show last year and never again. Stupid, long, uncomfortable seats, nothing to do with Halloween, etc.

Also disappointing was how few actual scare zone peeps there were. I hope there are more when it gets closer to Halloween, but seriously, maybe 15-20 guys total.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. WTF? There was barely anyone around. And where the hell did the smoke machines go? You could see everything in front of you clearly. Back to my beef with the tram, this was part of it. Barely anyone there to scare you and even the guys who dress up as bushes were non-existent. It felt like they cheaped out a bit or maybe they'll have more people later on. I'm planning on going again so I hope.

jerseydevil
September 24th, 2012, 09:15 AM
David Harley Survived ‘Halloween Horror Nights’ Orlando | | Bloody DisgustingBloody Disgusting (http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3193744/david-harley-survived-halloween-horror-nights-orlando/)

ucsdguy1
September 24th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I kept seeing previews for 13 nights of halloween on ABC Family and Disney Channel this weekend. I am jacked up.

jerseydevil
September 24th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Dread Central Invades Halloween Horror Nights 2012 in Hollywood | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/60053/dread-central-invades-halloween-horror-nights-2012-hollywood)

jerseydevil
September 27th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Check Out The Interior To Eli Roth’s Vegas Event ‘Goretorium’! | | Bloody DisgustingBloody Disgusting (http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3194323/check-out-the-interior-to-eli-roths-vegas-event-goretorium/)

jerseydevil
September 28th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Eli Roth's Goretorium - Special Moments from the Opening Event! | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/60199/eli-roths-goretorium-special-moments-opening-event)

jerseydevil
September 28th, 2012, 01:20 PM
HDD Goodie Bag: Your Horror Blu-rays For Halloween 2012 | High-Def Digest (http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Horror/Fun_Stuff/M_Enois_Duarte/HDD_Godie_Bag_2012/HDD_Goodie_Bag/HDD_Goodie_Bag_Your_Horror_Blu-rays_For_Halloween_2012/10101)

jerseydevil
September 28th, 2012, 05:23 PM
‘The American Scream’ Review: Haunted and Empowered by the Drive to Entertain [Fantastic Fest 2012] | /Film (http://www.slashfilm.com/the-american-scream-review-haunted-and-empowered-by-the-drive-to-entertain-fantastic-fest-2012/)

A doc about Haunted Attractions throughout the U.S.. Getting good write ups.

Dr. Naysay
September 28th, 2012, 08:58 PM
I WANNA GO TO THIS!!!!

Haunted Play presents Delusion | Los Angeles Horror, LA Theater (http://www.hauntedplay.com/home-2012)

jerseydevil
September 28th, 2012, 09:18 PM
I WANNA GO TO THIS!!!!

Haunted Play presents Delusion | Los Angeles Horror, LA Theater (http://www.hauntedplay.com/home-2012)

we should go on the fourth and act like an old married couple the whole time.

Holeee jayzus...$50, hell we can bicker about the price the whole time.

Dr. Naysay
September 28th, 2012, 10:11 PM
we should go on the fourth and act like an old married couple the whole time.

Holeee jayzus...$50, hell we can bicker about the price the whole time.

If it offers a unique experience that I will fondly remember for the rest of my life I'm happy to pay $50.

jerseydevil
September 29th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Event Review: Eli Roth's Goretorium | Shock Till You Drop (http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/reviews/170137-event-review-eli-roths-goretorium)

The good news? If you're in Vegas, Goretorium is worth the visit. The downside is the price. You're paying $40 at the door or $35 if you buy tix in advance through the official site for what feels like the length of two Halloween Horror Nights mazes. Still, the experience is worth it if you've got bread to spend; you're in Vegas, after all, so you've likely got some spending cash. Goretorium is a sprawling, aggressive, outrageous madhouse. The attention to detail is pretty spectacular and it's definitely deserved of a few walk-throughs.

jerseydevil
October 1st, 2012, 08:49 AM
Wanna See A Newly discovered Deleted Scene From John Carpenter’s ‘Halloween’? | | Bloody DisgustingBloody Disgusting (http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3195019/wanna-see-a-newly-discovered-deleted-scene-from-john-carpenters-halloween/)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c8jJRekwbA&feature=player_embedded

Pagliacci
October 1st, 2012, 10:40 PM
Let's get some Halloween music going in here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TR6QuOj-Gw

orpheus
October 1st, 2012, 11:03 PM

The Cramps - Human Fly - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TR6QuOj-Gw&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

I will always associate Halloween with The Cramps "I was a Teenage Werewolf." ;)

Every year I make a Halloween playlist to listen to in the morning on Halloween before I leave the house. :)

mmmcammy
October 2nd, 2012, 11:37 AM

The Cramps - Human Fly - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TR6QuOj-Gw&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

yes please!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpENY3nEAx8

jerseydevil
October 2nd, 2012, 11:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKQAx8m9qFg

Man...no album says Halloween, whether it's being played during the Pre-Scare Boofet @ Knott's, on the escalators to hell @ Universal, or in the car on the ride to...as Halloween Hootenany!!!! Not a bad track in the bunch!!!!!!

Pagliacci
October 2nd, 2012, 12:02 PM
Guilty pleasure...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG0qv9s0VNo

and keep'em coming!

Dexter
October 2nd, 2012, 12:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDidHzwYu3E

Obviously.

mmmcammy
October 2nd, 2012, 03:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOtEdhKOMgQ

The Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack is honestly all I want to listen to right now.

mmmcammy
October 2nd, 2012, 03:45 PM
can't beat some psychobilly music around Halloween.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBdY4IVDud8

mmmcammy
October 2nd, 2012, 03:49 PM
one of the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrxePKps87k

orpheus
October 2nd, 2012, 11:15 PM
http://youtu.be/1rzglHMqsp8

Sangre! Es lo que han, Sangre! Es lo que han vencer! Es lo que quieren, lo quieren ver! :punk:

orpheus
October 2nd, 2012, 11:17 PM
http://youtu.be/8aeWKX2PZ_s

jerseydevil
October 3rd, 2012, 09:19 AM
Shock Interview: Producer Jason Blum Offers a Preview of L.A.'s Blumhouse of Horrors | Shock Till You Drop (http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/170219-shock-interview-producer-jason-blum-offers-a-preview-of-las-blumhouse-of-horrors)

Beginning October 4th, those living in and around Los Angeles will have one more haunted attraction to check out this Halloween season.

Producer Jason Blum has made a significant mark on the horror genre, shepherding films such as the Paranormal Activity franchise, Insidious, the upcoming Sinister, The Bay and Lords of Salem and, now, he's exploring another medium with The Blumhouse of Horrors, a haunt opening in downtown L.A. at the 88-year-old Variety Arts Center.

Last night, Shock Till You Drop was given an early look the attraction which proved to be an impressive, extravagant affair with stunning production design and, more importantly, terrific scares. Visitors will weave through the labyrinthine building's multiple floors experiencing not just traditional "boo!" gags but magic as well. And the backdrop of the story - set against the 1930s vaudevillian theater scene - offers many spooky, fog-enshrouded environments to explore and introduces visitors to plenty of interesting, often ghoulish/often gorgeous characters.

At 40 minutes in length, The Blumhouse of Horrors is definitely one of the best new haunts in the area...

Pagliacci
October 3rd, 2012, 10:40 AM
Ignore the little rascals music in the first ten seconds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq7xyjU-jsU

orpheus
October 3rd, 2012, 04:01 PM
http://youtu.be/SzQIvXQdJVQ

jerseydevil
October 4th, 2012, 12:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSOF5j1_9oQ&feature=player_embedded

mmmcammy
October 4th, 2012, 01:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSOF5j1_9oQ&feature=player_embedded

kbye i'm moving to georgia

orpheus
October 4th, 2012, 01:24 PM
I sort of assumed a lot of big houses in Georgia look just like that and....are haunted by slaves and Confederate soldiers ghosts. :scared:

I used to watched Haunted History on the History Channel, haha!

orpheus
October 4th, 2012, 01:46 PM
NSFW Warning: Gore and some nudity.

http://youtu.be/w0r2xpGT4fQ

And this vid contains a bunch of horror film clips! :D

orpheus
October 5th, 2012, 03:51 PM
http://youtu.be/nhSc8qVMjKM

orpheus
October 5th, 2012, 10:43 PM
http://youtu.be/vFwYJYl5GUQ

Yeah, you wanna go out 'cause it's raining and blowing! But you can't go out because your roots are showing! Dye 'em black!

Did I tell you peeps I saw Type O Negative in concert? I was lamenting the fact the other day that I have watched so many people in concert who are now dead. :( The most notable The Ramones. :(

LetTigerIn
October 5th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Yeah, you wanna go out 'cause it's raining and blowing! But you can't go out because your roots are showing! Dye 'em black!

Did I tell you peeps I saw Type O Negative in concert? I was lamenting the fact the other day that I have watched so many people in concert who are now dead. :( The most notable The Ramones. :(

http://youtu.be/SO2U2V2D7kE

orpheus
October 5th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Lol! I forgot to copy the Type O Negative video code and still had the Nancy Sinatra video code saved, lol, sorry, it's late and I am drunk. Corrected my mistake. mhihi:

LetTigerIn
October 5th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Lol! I forgot to copy the Type O Negative video code and still had the Nancy Sinatra video code saved, lol, sorry, it's late and I am drunk. Corrected my mistake. mhihi:

I do not redact my Crispin Glover song.

orpheus
October 5th, 2012, 11:34 PM
I do not redact my Crispin Glover song.

I like his version of Ben! ;)

This is another song I like to listen to on Halloween!

http://youtu.be/1WhhSBgd3KI

jerseydevil
October 6th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Wow...was SO looking forward to Knotts. Under new management w/a redirected desire to compete w/ Universal. FAIL. Too many attempts to make you open your wallet for EXTRAS...a reduction/complete removal of the slider ghosts(one of the most effective scares consistently and a true art form), and just a general lack of scares. Most of the mazes were unispired retreads/recycles of previous mazes with very little cohesion or effort. Most Guilty...Pinocchio Unstrung which replaced the beloved DOLLS maze. A series of images/tableaus with no real connection. A good maze tells a story and taking Pinocchio and twisting it with Frankenstein is a tremendous idea which was HORRIBLY executed. General lack of enthusiasm throughout. The Trick or Treat maze which included a nod to the old school Green Witch was the real highlight of the evening. Not terribly scary but fun and well thought out. Executed with the enthusiasm the rest of the park lacked. Just a real disappointment overall.

orpheus
October 7th, 2012, 12:02 AM
http://youtu.be/iypUpv9xelg

I love Danny Elfman, I make no qualms about it. In an interview with him, he said, and I am paraphrasing, East L.A used to be a Jewish town, and then Mexicans moved into it, but my family stayed there, and I learned about this Mexican tradition called Dias De Los Muertos, and, I was inspired by it.

And he made it his own, it's what he was surrounded by, and Oingo Boingo wouldn't had been the same.

Dias de Los Muertos is such an awesome festival, one day, lol, I want to experience it down south. And I want one of those skeletons with a sombrero!!!

orpheus
October 7th, 2012, 01:10 AM
I guess our friend Danzig needed a sequel, lol!

http://youtu.be/Ov9qLzarIFE

Dunno, I LOVE the Misfits, and like Danzig, but Samhain has always been the red haired step child, lol, still "November Come Fire" is a pretty good album, I think. ;)

orpheus
October 7th, 2012, 01:20 AM
An unorthodox choice (Are dolphins allowed to use that word? :think:). This song just screams Halloween, and it was used to open the Donnie Darko film, lol, the non directors cut.

It just screams love under a Halloween moon.

http://youtu.be/aX1PwkgwsG0

I am a post punk Orphy, mind you. :P

orpheus
October 7th, 2012, 06:54 PM
http://youtu.be/iQE0pfBAYQ8

orpheus
October 7th, 2012, 07:04 PM
http://youtu.be/VXZcO7J2AnM

orpheus
October 7th, 2012, 07:12 PM
http://youtu.be/DOtEdhKOMgQ

God, I LOVE Halloween!! :D

ucsdguy1
October 8th, 2012, 09:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgSLz5FeXUg

orpheus
October 8th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Can we just have a Misfits Halloween party? ;)

http://youtu.be/F39UP1mjAnc

mmmcammy
October 8th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Can we just have a Misfits Halloween party? ;)

I'm in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA6P6ErY4mk

jerseydevil
October 8th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Nosferatu + 13 more classic silent horror films you can watch NOW | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/10/nosferatu-13-more-terrify.php)

jerseydevil
October 8th, 2012, 01:30 PM
THE AMERICAN SCREAM Trailer and Poster | Collider (http://collider.com/american-scream-trailer-poster/200893/)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQMkrdzD3xM&feature=player_embedded

Playing at the Cinefamily on Fairfax later this month.

orpheus
October 8th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Nosferatu + 13 more classic silent horror films you can watch NOW | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/10/nosferatu-13-more-terrify.php)

This is such a good list! I am a silent film fiend (I should've been around during the '20's!). Anyhow, you should all watch The Man Who Laughs (1928), it's glorious! :D

Oh, lol, and expect an exam on it by the end of the week. ;)

orpheus
October 9th, 2012, 08:19 AM
http://youtu.be/LkKKzTYIe3Q

jerseydevil
October 9th, 2012, 08:31 AM
[Special Feature] 10 Awful Ways To Die This Halloween | | Bloody DisgustingBloody Disgusting (http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3196275/special-feature-10-awful-ways-to-die-this-halloween/)

Pagliacci
October 9th, 2012, 11:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YvAYIJSSZY

Pagliacci
October 9th, 2012, 11:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZLo1O1rGhM

Pagliacci
October 9th, 2012, 11:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej5n2oieXYo

Pagliacci
October 9th, 2012, 11:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3CHi_9sxj0

orpheus
October 10th, 2012, 01:53 AM
He named himself Rockwell, well, because he rocked well. mhihi:

jerseydevil
October 10th, 2012, 09:28 AM
ShockTillYouDrop.com's 10 New Halloween Classics to Check Out This Season | Shock Till You Drop (http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/170349-shocktillyoudropcoms-10-new-halloween-classics-to-check-out-this-season)

mmmcammy
October 10th, 2012, 01:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrF15mv9zVU

mmmcammy
October 10th, 2012, 01:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3ftglZtM8o

orpheus
October 10th, 2012, 02:11 PM
http://youtu.be/akt3awj_Ah8

LetTigerIn
October 10th, 2012, 02:56 PM
http://youtu.be/Icpn-mYca78

mmmcammy
October 10th, 2012, 03:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GorM-UQ68Q8

orpheus
October 10th, 2012, 05:07 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/tommywaits/fail-1.jpg

ucsdguy1
October 11th, 2012, 09:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkg_p1rRgto

orpheus
October 14th, 2012, 08:26 PM
http://youtu.be/fyw8VhpQtG4

orpheus
October 14th, 2012, 08:30 PM
http://youtu.be/jfBu4mn7FX8

orpheus
October 14th, 2012, 08:35 PM
It was just a matter of time.

http://youtu.be/jQ_ExkfcBao

jerseydevil
October 14th, 2012, 08:38 PM
A week ago I had my first HHN run with Kingsqueen & Robzilla. Not the best year, still good. Skipped the Tram due to one of our party being reluctant to do the same old thing...oh yeah and the soulcrushing line. As it was last year...La LLorona was the gem. Great placement of scares(very out of the box...well wall anyway). Silent Hill was ok...no familiarity w/the source material and an hour and a 1/2 wait kinda dimmed things. TCM...ok. But a lot of the same old...with Leatherfaces popping out of doors. Meh. The Alice Cooper maze was tremendously improved. Nice. Monsters remix was about as good as they can make that maze. Ministry's Stigmata sure helped. I enjoyed the Walking Dead maze...but some of my party said that zombies don't scare her(I just don't get that...what is worse than getting eaten???) so that kinda colored my experience. I agree w/Dex and Nasti...the scare zones were weak. Overall I think that Murdy and the boys need to do some work. It's still a good time, but if you are a frequent 'guest' it is horribly repetetive. And...horribly crowded. There is no resting on laurels in the haunt game. It's what happened to Knotts. You would think Universal might have learned from their mistakes.

ucsdguy1
October 16th, 2012, 10:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOAl0enE7kI

jerseydevil
October 23rd, 2012, 01:45 PM
Ghoulish Tunes: Top Ten Songs About The Devil | CraveOnline (http://www.craveonline.com/music/articles/198347-ghoulish-tunes-top-ten-songs-about-the-devil)

Had another HHN @ Universal the other night. Good run, got on everything before lines got crazy. LaLlorona still top dog. Walking Dead was much better(sometimes you wind up in the middle of the pack and the experience isn't the same...that's what happened the first night with this maze)...did the tired ass tram, better than past years...still uneven at best and the worst line ever...turnstiles to hell anyone. Silent Hill/TCM were ok...but not up to past years mazes. Alice in 3d, best looking maze...not as much about the scares though. Monsters Remix is as good as that attraction can be. Did an exit survey and a LOT of the questions were aimed towards gaging response to doing away with the tram. I was all for it if they added a maze instead. They were shutting it down earlyish on the 2 Sundays we sent so sounds like their neighbors have been factoring in. Also, you have to figure that one is a pain logistically as far as set-up, gas costs for the trams, lots of extra drivers/tour folks in addition to the scaractors...so, this may be the last year.
Good times! May go back for another this Thursday

NastiMarvasti
October 23rd, 2012, 02:11 PM
Zombies don't scare me as much as guys in masks either. Maybe it's the makeup but when I can see the person's face, it just reminds me that he or she is just an actor and that kills it.

They do need to figure out a way to keep this event fresh though. And unfortunately there's not way I can think of to reduce the number of people in the mazes at one time. It's far less scary when you're going at a snail's pace and are prepared for the scares because you're seeing the monsters jump out at the people in front of you. The House of Horrors is awesome during the middle of the week in March because you're likely the only one in there.

jerseydevil
October 23rd, 2012, 02:18 PM
Yeah...we did the multi-nights pass this year but next year it may have to be the one and done Front of the Line pass. You can rush onto most everything before the crowds get bad and then go again with the one time use FOTL deal. Won't get repeat nights but it makes more sense in the grand scheme.

NastiMarvasti
October 23rd, 2012, 09:35 PM
I've only gone once this year. 3 times each the last 2 years.

jerseydevil
October 23rd, 2012, 09:51 PM
Yeah, this year was the weakest of the past few years...still fun, just some weak properties(Silent Hill) and some weak interpretations(TCM). I think Walking Dead will be back next year and some sort of showcase 3d/Rockstar maze(Marilyn Manson???) but the rest are up for grabs. I wonder, and please try not to read too much into this, if La LLorona returns. They did a LOT of bilingual promotion for this one and it seemed to be well received. I don't have a problem with that as long as they continue to develop it. The giant head dioramas were probably my fave part of the whole event. If I had any input I would stress that the unconventional setups(holes cut in walls with giant 'things, the small windows above the walkways and tight turns) well, there needs to be more of those.

jerseydevil
October 23rd, 2012, 11:00 PM
10 lesser-known horror classics for Halloween (http://www.hitfix.com/news/10-lesser-known-horror-classics-for-halloween)

Kingsqueen
October 24th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Someone on LGK needs to go do this...because as curious as I am, I sure as hell won't. lol.

Blackout Haunted House | New York City + Los Angeles (http://www.blackouthh.com/)

"Oh how do I summarize my thoughts on #blackout2012 I think it can be best summed up if you found a David Lynch snuff tape.”

ucsdguy1
October 24th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Someone on LGK needs to go do this...because as curious as I am, I sure as hell won't. lol.

Blackout Haunted House | New York City + Los Angeles (http://www.blackouthh.com/)

"Oh how do I summarize my thoughts on #blackout2012 I think it can be best summed up if you found a David Lynch snuff tape.”

4. You will be prompted to do certain actions. Please do exactly as you’re told. This is for your safety.

8. You must wear a protective mask and
I'm out

jerseydevil
October 24th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Man, that sounds kickass!!!!

DMAN3474
October 24th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Its sold out :(

adgy-san
October 24th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Free Music Archive: 52 Horror Releases (http://freemusicarchive.org/member/katya-oddio/blog/52_Horror_Releases)

Gearing up for your Halloween soundtrack? Whether you are looking to terrify, make mischief, or fill the dance floor, the FMA has got you covered. Here are 52 FMA albums and compilations for your ghoulish celebration.

Some of this stuff looks like it might be pretty good.

jerseydevil
October 24th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Haunted Houses: Big Scares, Big Business | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/10/haunted-houses-big-scares.php)

Actually skip that and go here

http://www.chillertv.com/news/article/2012-10/haunted_houses_big_scares_bigger_business

for a direct link to the complete article.

Has a little bit about Blackout at the very end.

notbob
October 26th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Episode 5: How Candy Corn is Made | Watch the video - Yahoo! Screen (http://screen.yahoo.com/episode-5-candy-corn-made-080000657.html)

Luc SkyBomba
October 26th, 2012, 04:57 PM
my 2k12 halloween mix

1. Marilyn Manson - This Is Halloween (3:23)
2. Concrete Blonde - Bloodletting [The Vampire Song] (6:01)
3. Daniel Ash - Spooky (3:08)
4. Ministry - Every Day Is Halloween (6:36)
5. The Ramones - Pet Sematary (3:29)
6. 45 Grave - Party Time (3:10)
7. Alice Cooper - Feed My Frankenstein (4:44)
8. Rob Zombie - Living Dead Girl (3:21)
9. Godhead - Bela Lugosi's Dead (3:37)
10. Nine Inch Nails - Dead Souls (4:53)
11. Skinny Puppy - Worlock (Ed) (6:44)
12. Siouxsie and the Banshees - Fear (Of the Unknown) (4:19)
13. Switchblade Symphony - Witches (4:17)
14. My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - A Daisy Chain 4 Satan (4:03)
15. The Birthday Massacre - Shallow Grave (3:47)
16. Say-Y - Angels (4:34)
17. Unter Null - Zombieboy (3:50)
18. Zombie Girl - House Of 1000 Corpses (3:59)

jerseydevil
October 26th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Episode 5: How Candy Corn is Made | Watch the video - Yahoo! Screen (http://screen.yahoo.com/episode-5-candy-corn-made-080000657.html)

this

Episode 5: How Candy Corn is Made3 days ago, Yahoo Studios Halloween

Host Bridget Marquardt goes behind the scenes at a candy corn factory to peel back the husk on how this famous Halloween confection is born. Its secret ingredent? Sugar, of course!

is the description for the video. Have to be honest, I expected this

Episode 5: How Candy Corn is Made3 days ago, Yahoo Studios Halloween

Host Bridget Marquardt goes behind the scenes at a candy corn factory to peel back the husk on how this famous Halloween confection is born. Its secret ingredent? Childrens tears, puppy blood and old discarded teeth!

Yuck. Candy Corn blows.

Luc SkyBomba
October 26th, 2012, 06:38 PM
this

is the description for the video. Have to be honest, I expected this

Yuck. Candy Corn blows.

try it in your pancakes, it's amazing

notbob
October 26th, 2012, 08:48 PM
try it in your pancakes, it's amazing

That sounds like a horrible idea

KingInTheWest
October 27th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Candy Corn is so disgusting, I'd rather get a toothbrush when I was trick-or-treating back in the day.

orpheus
October 27th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Essential Halloween reading for me! :D

http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/1/1/7/151117.jpg?v=1

5 Reasons the Scariest Thing Ever Written Is a Kids' Book | Cracked.com (http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reasons-scariest-thing-ever-written-kids-book/)

notbob
October 27th, 2012, 10:04 AM

5 Reasons the Scariest Thing Ever Written Is a Kids' Book | Cracked.com (http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reasons-scariest-thing-ever-written-kids-book/)

Wow thats a blast from the past.

mmmcammy
October 27th, 2012, 01:39 PM

I still have these somewhere around here. I LOVED reading these when I was younger.

beedee
October 27th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Anyone else heading down to Zombie Walk event in Long Beach tonight?

I'll be a zombie hockey player, going to wear an old gray EastWest Adult League jersey, I don't want to risk messing up my Mike Richards Kings jersey.

http://zombiewalklb.com/

orpheus
October 28th, 2012, 01:45 AM
http://youtu.be/bSSGiT4CCps

orpheus
October 28th, 2012, 02:18 AM

Haha! In my drunken state, I just remembered this: When I first read these books (I don't remember which volume), I read a piece in the book that talked about how to summon a ghost, basically the stand in the front of the mirror and say something like "Bloody Mary." Well, I liked the idea and asked my uncle, who was living with us at the time, if we could try, and he said yes as soon as he got home from work. However, during that time that he was at work, I started thinking about the film Poltergeist and how scary it made the idea that one's house could be haunted by ghosts. So, haha, I started to think that if we summoned a ghost, our house would become haunted and how scary it might be.

So basically, I got scared, and decided I didn't want to try it anymore. And when my uncle came back from work, lol, I pretended to be sleep, and he knew I was faking it, so I told him to leave me alone.

He spent the next day calling me a chicken, haha. :P

Dr. Naysay
October 28th, 2012, 02:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnvHGaHl04o

orpheus
October 29th, 2012, 01:59 AM
And once again the troll comes from under his bridge and takes a potshot at me when I didn't say anything against him.

You know, you are not my friend, and I don't like you keep trying to bait me. You are not funny and it makes me sad that there must be something in your life that you need to continue insulting people here. I have issues too, but I don't take pot shots at people here.

Really nice hiding behind a keyboard and trying to piss people off. I have been on this site since 2003 and have never added someone on my ignore list until now.

Have a good day.

jerseydevil
October 30th, 2012, 09:44 AM
9 Great Halloween Moments In Film!! | | Bloody DisgustingBloody Disgusting (http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3200052/9-great-halloween-moments-in-film/)

with video links...

orpheus
October 30th, 2012, 10:17 PM
This year's Halloween Playlist that I will listen to tomorrow before I leave the house.

1. The Cramps "I Was a Teenage Werewolf."
2. Ministry "Everyday is Halloween."
3. Warren Zevon "Werewolves of London."
4. La Union "El Hombre Lobo en Paris."
5. Bobby Pickett "The Monster Mash."
6. Oingo Boingo "Dead Man's Party."
7. The Chameleons "Swamp Thing."
8. Danny Elfman "This is Halloween."
9. Paralisis Permanente "Sangre."
10. Type O Negative "Black No. 1."
11. White Zombie "I am Your Boogieman."
12. Christian Death "Angels (Cruciform).
13. The Misfits "Ghouls Night Out."
14. Bauhaus "Bela Lugosis's Dead."

jerseydevil
October 30th, 2012, 10:34 PM
I think I am gonna go all Misfits all day tomorrow. BTW has anyone seen the SAILOR JERRY rum ad where they used the dirty part of WHERE EAGLES DARE...and 2 weeks later they used the chorus?

orpheus
October 30th, 2012, 10:44 PM
I think I am gonna go all Misfits all day tomorrow. BTW has anyone seen the SAILOR JERRY rum ad where they used the dirty part of WHERE EAGLES DARE...and 2 weeks later they used the chorus?

I haven't seen it, but they talked about it in a Ministry Forum I hang out. The title calls it a Whiskey commerial, but alas, it's rum. ;)

prongs.org: prongs: Discussion: The misfits in a Whiskey commercial (http://www.prongs.org/minfiles/forum/gforum.cgi?post=82293;search_string=misfits%20sail or%20jerry;guest=713657#82293)

I was thinking, I don't have a costume, but I will probably wear a Misfits fiend shirt tomorrow! :D

jerseydevil
October 30th, 2012, 10:52 PM
I am gonna go all DEVILOCK tomorrow!!! No Danzig...No Misfits!!!!

Luc SkyBomba
October 30th, 2012, 10:57 PM
I was thinking, I don't have a costume, but I will probably wear a Misfits fiend shirt tomorrow! :D

come by downtown and i'll make you a part of my crimson ghost series!

http://qmungousphoto.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Untitled-161.jpg

http://qmungousphoto.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/vegas-16.jpg

http://qmungousphoto.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Untitled-121.jpg

http://qmungousphoto.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/L1000381.jpg

orpheus
October 30th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Oh, you New Jersey Peeps and Devilocks. ;)

jerseydevil
October 30th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Hey...I yam what I yam.

Luc SkyBomba
October 30th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Oh, you New Jersey Peeps and Devilocks. ;)

ohhhhh i see what he did there

orpheus
October 31st, 2012, 05:17 AM
Happy Halloween Everyone!! May the great pumpkin bring you joy and treats regardless of whether or not you are standing in a sincere pumpkin patch. ;)

http://a.abc.com/images/20050919/moviesandspecials/cbrown_halloween_big.jpg

mmmcammy
October 31st, 2012, 09:53 AM
Happy Halloween everyone! Rocking out at work to my Halloween playlist on Spotify that I've been blasting for the last month. I'll post a few of my favorites to help with the Halloween spirit. Not like you guys need any help :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOD7-y3Y_Eo

mmmcammy
October 31st, 2012, 09:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgG6KxxGdKc

mmmcammy
October 31st, 2012, 09:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp3rpZ8PHSA

mmmcammy
October 31st, 2012, 10:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDTTnXfsMus&feature=related

Kingsqueen
October 31st, 2012, 10:55 AM
Happy, Happy Halloween...Halloween...Halloween!

http://youtu.be/jmSP5b_Mi6g

jerseydevil
November 1st, 2012, 02:06 PM
Happy Halloween from Dwayne Johnson as the Hulk and Patton Oswalt as Doc Ock, Plus Halloween Movie Images | Collider (http://collider.com/dwayne-johnson-hulk-halloween/207730/)

awwww man...post Halloween depression.

orpheus
November 1st, 2012, 05:54 PM
I miss Halloween already. :(

But had a great Halloween! :D

I have to dress conservatively at work, haha, so I wore my Misfits fiend shirt underneath my button shirt.

But afterwards, I went to the Puente Hills mall, took off my top shirt in order to show off my Creepy Misfits Fiend Shirt! Got some candy, mind you. And just liked seeing the families and their kids dressed up and having a good time! My parents use to take me and my sis to the Glendale Galleria, so I can relate to how special this holiday is to kids. Heck, my mom, is a grade school teacher and she makes sure her students have fun on said day! She showed them The Nightmare Before Christmas, and then the school as a whole had games and prizes. Haha! I told her, lol, two years ago that she should show them something like Hellraiser (I was kidding, mind you). And she was like like right, you want me to lose my job and get arrested? Haha!

And, lol, my mom dressed like Jessie from Toy Story, haha!

But back to the Puente Hills Mall thing, I am not a kid anymore, so I do check out the women wearing costumes. The highlight was a young woman wearing a Robin costume. Rawr! I could only smile at her and she smiled back. I love when girls dress as male characters on Halloween, and yeah, she was hot, and you know, me being a comic book geek, well, I can appreciate a Batman reference. But yeah, HOT!!

And then I went home, spent some time with Lady Vodka, lol, watched The Bride of Frankenstein and then Young Frankenstein.

All in all, a good day.

How was your Halloween? I want to know and care! :)

orpheus
November 1st, 2012, 10:06 PM
Halloween still continues for me!

This is what I am eating right now! ;)

http://www.topcultured.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/boo-berry-cereal-box-2.jpg

jerseydevil
November 2nd, 2012, 07:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4IC7qaNr7I&feature=related

You left out this part of your Halloween itinery Orph.

jerseydevil
November 2nd, 2012, 08:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_fUsssnHPw&feature=plcp

adgy-san
November 2nd, 2012, 12:15 PM
Patton Oswalt and daughter.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6fcGVLCEAA3Fyr.jpg

mmmcammy
November 2nd, 2012, 12:26 PM
I'm bummed out Halloween is over. It's my favorite holiday. I love dressing up. I decorated the entire inside of my house for it.....and then I got a cold on Monday and have been really sick this whole week.

Still managed to dress up as The Hamburglar and pass out candy on Wednesday. Then I took some Nyquil and went straight to bed. Not exactly what I had in mind for my favorite holiday.

jerseydevil
November 4th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Eli Roth’s Goretorium Will Haunt My Nightmares | Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/03/eli-roths-goretorium-will-haunt-my-nightmares/)

jerseydevil
June 17th, 2013, 11:31 AM
FOR THE ONCE IN A LIFETIME ULTIMATE HALLOWEEN EVENT, ROB ZOMBIE PRESENTS THE “GREAT AMERICAN NIGHTMARE” (http://eddietrunk.com/for-the-once-in-a-lifetime-ultimate-halloween-event-rob-zombie-presents-the-great-american-nightmare/)

Groundbreaking musician and filmmaker Rob Zombie will unleash his Great American Nightmare on Los Angeles this Halloween season. This bone-chilling experience will combine the most advanced haunted house attractions with a not-to-be-missed music festival from top artists in hard rock, alternative, EDM, and more, every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from October 10th through November 2nd, 2013 at the Fairplex FEARplex in Pomona, CA, just outside Los Angeles.

A creative collaboration between masters of the macabre Rob Zombie and preeminent haunted house producer Steve Kopelman, the fully immersive haunted house experience will feature three attractions based on Zombie’s own horror films: Lords Of Salem, Total Black Out, The Haunted World Of El Superbeasto 3D, and Haunt Of 1,000 Corpses. The shocking–and sometimes disturbing–fright attractions will offer a three-dimensional experience with animatronics and effects, a maze that is the ultimate definition of claustrophobia and fear, sudden chills and startling thrills, and salacioushumor that will make one scream with fright and laughter.

As if these sinister attractions weren’t enough, Rob Zombie’s Great American Nightmare will also feature 15 nights of music from top national and regional artists in the indie/punk, EDM, metal, rock and Latin genres including Andrew WK, BL3ND, Blood On The Dance Floor, Dirtyloud, Dirtyphonics, Doctor P, Emilie Autumn, Evol Intent, Fei-Fei, Goldfinger, Heavygrinder, Kottonmouth Kings, Metalachi, One More Time, Ozomatli, Reel Big Fish, Terravita, The Used, Twiztid, William Control, Zomboy, and many more.

In addition to music, one special night will also feature the outrageous pro wrestling sensations Lucha Libre USA. Look for details about the music performance schedule–including additional major headlining acts–to be announced on June 29th and visit Rob Zombie's Great American Nightmare at LA County Fearplex! (http://www.GreatAmericanNightmare.com) for details.

“This is it! The ultimate badass Halloween experience! No one will walk away disappointed,” says Zombie. “I am thrilled to bring The Great American Nightmare to California and begin a reign of bloody terror!”

The FEARplex for Rob Zombie’s Great American Nightmare will include 150,000 square feet of horror and entertainment and is not geared towards young children or the faint of heart. Patrons should be prepared for maximum scares!

At Rob Zombie’s Great American Nightmare, patrons will sequentially enter three different attractions, each completely different in look, theme and effects:

Lords Of Salem In Total Black Out: This harrowing attraction–based on Zombie’s 2012 The Lords Of Salem independent horror film–is designed to twist the mind. It will accentuate some senses while limiting others. Fear of the dark, claustrophobia, and fear of the unknown will be preyed on as the visitor attempts to traverse this sixty-degree maze.

The Haunted World Of El Superbeasto 3D: Utilizing Chromadepth glasses, this innovative attraction will take the patron right into the middle of the irreverent world of Rob Zombie’s El Superbeasto2009 animated exploitation musical horror comedy film based on the comic book series of the same name. The attraction’s unique surprise entrance, brilliant colors, sudden chills and startling thrills, and salacious humor will make one scream with fright and laughter.

Haunt Of 1,000 Corpses: This terrifying attraction pays homage to the 10-year anniversary of the exploitation horror film House Of 1,000 Corpses, directed by Rob Zombie. This extreme, traditional haunted house will take visitors on a walking journey through a recreation of the film’s “Museum of Monsters & Madmen” along with an expanded “Murder Ride,” confronting notorious serial killers along the way. This high impact, highly detailed attraction will use state of the art animatronics, video effects, costuming, sound, scents and lights.

“Having produced haunted attractions for over 30 years, I have never been more excited about a project than I am with The Great American Nightmare. To produce an event with partners like Rob Zombie, Kevin Lyman, John Reese and Andy Gould is a dream come true. This no-holds-barred first year event is destined to change the haunted house landscape for years to come and I am ecstatic to be a part of it,” says Nightmare producer Steve Kopelman.

The Great American Nightmare Monster Midway will offer outdoor screenings of classic horror films, a DJ, food vendors, beer, wine and spirits, and much more, with freak show characters roaming throughout the grounds each night.

Nightmare music co-producer Kevin Lyman admits, “Rob Zombie’s Great American Nightmare is going to be so terrifying, you won’t catch me in any of the three haunted houses! For those of you who are scaredy cats like me, there will be plenty of other attractions that are guaranteed to entertain, including a special concert each night.”

“Great American Nightmare is one of the most exciting projects I have ever been associated with,” says Nightmare music co-producer John Reese. “The opportunity to work with the genius that is Rob Zombie is awe inspiring. This is set up to be one of the CAN’T MISS EVENTS OF THE YEAR!”

Tickets for Rob Zombie’s Great American Nightmare are available starting at only $30 beginning Saturday, June 29th at Rob Zombie's Great American Nightmare at LA County Fearplex! (http://www.GreatAmericanNightmare.com). Each ticket includes access to all haunted house attractions, concerts and midway activities. Tickets will also be available for purchase onsite at the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival San Bernardino show at San Manuel Amphitheater (June 29th) and during the Los Angeles County Fair at Pomona Fairplex (August 30-September 29). VIP packages will also be available for purchase at Rob Zombie's Great American Nightmare at LA County Fearplex! (http://www.GreatAmericanNightmare.com).

Hours for Rob Zombie’s Great American Nightmare will be 6:30 PM until 11:00 PM on Thursdays and Sundays, 6:30 PM until 1:00 AM on Fridays and Saturdays.

OH KINGSQUEEN!!!!!!!

jerseydevil
June 17th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Thank you JoJo...everyone take a moment and thank the mods!!!!

orpheus
June 17th, 2013, 04:35 PM
I'll thank JoJo.

Not that Mitchrock though. :P

And it's never too early to start thinking about Halloween, eh? ;)

NastiMarvasti
June 17th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Is it Halloween yet?

Kingsqueen
June 17th, 2013, 11:38 PM
FOR THE ONCE IN A LIFETIME ULTIMATE HALLOWEEN EVENT, ROB ZOMBIE PRESENTS THE “GREAT AMERICAN NIGHTMARE” (http://eddietrunk.com/for-the-once-in-a-lifetime-ultimate-halloween-event-rob-zombie-presents-the-great-american-nightmare/)

OH KINGSQUEEN!!!!!!!

Good grief, as if we need more things to squeeze into our October calendar!!!! Can't I at least get through Comic-Con, before I have to start stressing about Halloween? lol.

jerseydevil
June 18th, 2013, 08:47 AM
nope

notbob
June 18th, 2013, 09:15 AM
You could at least wait till they put out the Halloween candy in stores next week.

jerseydevil
June 18th, 2013, 12:21 PM
nope.

jerseydevil
June 27th, 2013, 09:36 AM
There's Going To Be A 'Cabin in the Woods' Halloween Horror Nights Maze! - (http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3240376/theres-going-to-be-a-cabin-in-the-woods-halloween-horror-nights-maze/)

Well...here we go!

Kingsqueen
June 27th, 2013, 09:52 AM
There's Going To Be A 'Cabin in the Woods' Halloween Horror Nights Maze! - (http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3240376/theres-going-to-be-a-cabin-in-the-woods-halloween-horror-nights-maze/)

Well...here we go!

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!

Kingsqueen
June 27th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Just read a tweet from John Murdy...apparently, the Cabin in the Woods maze is *just* at Orlando. He said the Hollywood info would start being released in July. :(

jerseydevil
June 27th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Bastard!!!!

orpheus
June 27th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Hey, Orlando is beautiful during October. :grin:

ucsdguy1
June 27th, 2013, 03:17 PM
You could at least wait till they put out the Halloween candy in stores next week.
where the hell are my pumpkin candy corns..

orpheus
June 27th, 2013, 07:14 PM
One of these days mello pumpkins and candy corn will have to battle it out for Halloween supremacy. :O

http://cakespy.squarespace.com/storage/post-images/mellowcreme.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1285790 391167

adgy-san
June 28th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Gross, dude. :)

jerseydevil
June 28th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Yeah...Candy Corn of any form is only slightly higher on the yech scale than Circus Peanuts.

orpheus
June 28th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Candy Corn is sweet Halloween confectionery while Circus Peanuts shares the same apartment with Cole Slaw in Dante's deepest circle of Inferno.

Oh, you misguided peeps. :P

NastiMarvasti
June 29th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Why is it that both Disney and Universal always do the cool stuff in Florida and give scraps to Californians?

jerseydevil
June 30th, 2013, 04:00 PM
ROB ZOMBIE CONFIRMED TO HEADLINE CLOSING NIGHT OF ROB ZOMBIE (http://eddietrunk.com/rob-zombie-confirmed-to-headline-closing-night-of-rob-zombies-great-american-nightmare-with-special-guests-eagles-of-death-metal/)

The Great American Nightmare music lineup is as follows:
Thursday, October 10th: 3OH!3, Wallpaper
Friday, October 11th: Blood On The Dance Floor, HeavyGrinder
Saturday, October 12th: Kottonmouth Kings, Twiztid, Blaze Ya Dead Homie
Sunday, October 13th: Ozomatli, with special guest
Thursday, October 17th: The Used, William Control
Friday, October 18th: DJ Bl3nd, DirtyLoud, One More Time (Daft Punk Tribute)
Saturday, October 19th: The Vandals, TSOL, The Dickies, Duane Peters
Sunday, October 20th: pro-wrestling sensations Lucha Libre USA, Metalachi
Thursday, October 24th: Emilie Autumn with special guest
Friday, October 25th: Doctor P, Zomboy, Terravita, Evol Intent
Saturday, October 26th: Motionless In White, Butcher Babies, Ghost Town
Sunday, October 27th: Reel Big Fish, Goldfinger, with special guest
Thursday, October 31st: Andrew W.K., Mod Sun, Beware Of Darkness
Friday, November 1st: MAJOR EDM HEADLINER to be announced on September 25, Dirtyphonics, Fei-Fei
Saturday, November 2nd: Rob Zombie, Eagles Of Death Metal, Powerman 5000, 45 Grave

ucsdguy1
June 30th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Did someone say Andrew wk? I'm in.

jerseydevil
July 1st, 2013, 05:29 AM
Did someone say Andrew wk? I'm in.

Hearing good things about Beware of Darkness so get there early. I jumped all over tix for closing night. RZ, PM5K AND EAGLES OF DEATH METAL!!!! TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!

jerseydevil
July 10th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Eli Roth on the State of the Goretorium in Vegas - Dread Central (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/68484/eli-roth-state-goretorium-vegas)

NastiMarvasti
July 11th, 2013, 08:58 PM
EVIL DEAD: Universal Hollywood Halloween Horror Nights Maze Announcement (http://micechat.com/34877-evil-dead-universal-halloween/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=evil-dead-universal-halloween)

I've still never watched any of these movies.

jerseydevil
July 11th, 2013, 09:04 PM
See...I get distracted with this Kovalchuk horse**** and I start getting scooped left and right!!!!

NastiMarvasti
July 11th, 2013, 10:55 PM
I'll admit, I was shocked when I realized you hadn't posted that yet. Shocked and giddy.

jerseydevil
July 11th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Take a victory lap kid...you...you've earned it. :yo:

NastiMarvasti
July 11th, 2013, 11:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t152CB9-T3U

jerseydevil
July 11th, 2013, 11:38 PM
I think that may be my fave thing. And I LOVE you for picking up on that.

NastiMarvasti
July 12th, 2013, 12:26 AM
You can't slip a Ghostbusters reference by me, mon ami.

jerseydevil
July 15th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Disney Announces Halloween Event Plans | Shock Till You Drop (http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/174989-disney-announces-halloween-event-plans)

On Friday the 13th – Sept. 13, 2013 – The Happiest Place on Earth gets spookier as Halloween Time returns with Disney villains, Mickey Mouse and his friends in Halloween costumes, a Dia de los Muertos celebration and the special after-hours Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park.

In addition, popular attractions are transformed for the season into Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy as the Disneyland Resort celebrates Halloween Time through Halloween, Thursday, Oct. 31.

This year the after-hours Mickey's Halloween Party, a separate-ticket event* for trick-or-treating families, will expand to a spooky total of 13 special nights in Disneyland Park. Tickets go on sale to the general public July 15 at Disneyland.com/Halloween.

Tickets for the general public also will be sold beginning July 15 at the Disneyland Resort main gate and by phone at 714-781-4400.Mickey's Halloween Party dates are: Friday, Sept. 27; Tuesday, Oct. 1; Friday, Oct. 4; Tuesday, Oct. 8; Friday, Oct. 11; Tuesday, Oct. 15; Friday, Oct. 18; Monday, Oct. 21; Wednesday, Oct. 23; Friday, Oct. 25; Monday, Oct. 28; Wednesday, Oct. 30; and Thursday, Oct. 31.

A fun new feature of Mickey's Halloween Party is the "Monsters U Dance Party" at Tomorrowland Terrace. Class time is over, and the students of Monsters University join Mickey's Halloween Party guests in a family-friendly frat party with the most popular students from "Monster's U," Mike & Sulley.Mickey's Halloween Party invites adults and children to dress up in costume and trick-or-treat at Disneyland Park, enjoying candy and healthy treats. These party participants can also arrive before the party to "mix in" with regular Disneyland guests for three hours prior to the start of Mickey's private bash.

Highlights of Mickey's Halloween Party include:

The "Halloween Screams" fireworks spectacular, hosted by "Master of Scare-omonies" Jack Skellington (presented exclusively for guests of Mickey's Halloween Party)
"Mickey's Costume Party" cavalcade featuring some favorite characters, performed twice nightly
An opportunity for everyone in the family to attend the park in costumes
Photo locations with some popular Disney and Pixar Pals, and Disney Villains
Nearly all the Disneyland rides and attractions, plus Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy
Complimentary parking for one standard-size vehicle
Tickets to Mickey's Halloween Party purchased in advance are $59 each for selected nights, while tickets purchased on the event days are $67 each. All tickets to Mickey's Halloween Party on Wednesday, Oct. 30, and Halloween Night, Thursday, Oct. 31, are $74 each. Mickey's Halloween Party is a non-smoking event. Smoking will be permitted only in the Esplanade outside the Disneyland Main Entrance.The daily Halloween Time celebration at Disneyland Resort, Sept. 13 (Friday the 13th!) through Oct. 31, offers frightful fun for guests of all ages.

Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy in Tomorrowland begins as a typical Space Mountain adventure, but suddenly launches voyagers into a haunted section of the universe. Jack Skellington returns to bring back Haunted Mansion Holiday to New Orleans Square in Disneyland Park. Transformed with a mix of Halloween spookiness and Christmas tradition, Haunted Mansion Holiday is inspired by the classic animated film "Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas." For spine-tingling fun, drop in at The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™* at Disney California Adventure Park, where a "supernatural" event happened on Halloween night, 1939, forever haunting the building.Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland Park is transformed for the Pumpkin Festival, with hundreds of pumpkins on display, no two of them the same.Disney villains will be conjured up in a sideshow tent at the Halloween Carnival at Big Thunder Ranch in Frontierland.Guests at Halloween Carnival at Big Thunder Ranch will also find some favorite Disney characters in Halloween costumes, along with pumpkin carvers, Halloween decor and activities for youngsters.Frontierland observes Dia de los Muertos with a traditional skeleton display.

For more details about Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, see Disneyland.com/Halloween. This site will be updated with frightfully fun details.

NastiMarvasti
July 15th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Can't find the article now but I read a rumor that Insidious could be the next maze announcement for HHN. Insidious 2 comes out in September so it makes sense.

Dexter
July 16th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Gotta do a Horror Nights with Lappy again. Representing the Kings in 100 degree heat.

jerseydevil
July 16th, 2013, 04:07 PM
EVIL DEAD Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights Info from Fede Alvarez, John Murdy and Michael Aeillio | Collider (http://collider.com/evil-dead-universal-studios-fede-alvarez/)

alexisyque
July 16th, 2013, 04:16 PM
I've never done HHN..looking forward to it this year ESPECIALLY with an Evil Dead maze

Dexter
July 17th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Just remember to get the front of the line pass. It's pricey, but totally worth it.

jerseydevil
July 25th, 2013, 07:58 AM
The Walking Dead Returns to Halloween Horror Nights | Shock Till You Drop (http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/175199-the-walking-dead-returns-to-halloween-horror-nights)

Dexter
July 25th, 2013, 08:16 AM
It was decent last year. Hope they don't use the tram this year though.

Edit: Dammit they are using the tram again. Apparently it's following this past season's story arc and going through Woodbury, and the prison.

Kingsqueen
July 26th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Knott's Scary Farm Details Abound! :)

http://micechat.com/35092-knotts-berry-farm-halloween-haunt/

MelissaGKG
July 27th, 2013, 01:14 AM
Halloween is the best... Mainly because its my birthday... And I am the devil.....:evil:

MelissaGKG
July 27th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Best haunted house in Vegass... Freaklin' bros... There is one where they touch you and scare the **** out if you... I recommend every one to go... They should open Frozen Fury Weekend!!! It's a trio... And the have the donkey show!!! (Wrestling)

MelissaGKG
July 27th, 2013, 01:20 AM
ROB ZOMBIE CONFIRMED TO HEADLINE CLOSING NIGHT OF ROB ZOMBIE (http://eddietrunk.com/rob-zombie-confirmed-to-headline-closing-night-of-rob-zombies-great-american-nightmare-with-special-guests-eagles-of-death-metal/)

The Great American Nightmare music lineup is as follows:
Thursday, October 10th: 3OH!3, Wallpaper
Friday, October 11th: Blood On The Dance Floor, HeavyGrinder
Saturday, October 12th: Kottonmouth Kings, Twiztid, Blaze Ya Dead Homie
Sunday, October 13th: Ozomatli, with special guest
Thursday, October 17th: The Used, William Control
Friday, October 18th: DJ Bl3nd, DirtyLoud, One More Time (Daft Punk Tribute)
Saturday, October 19th: The Vandals, TSOL, The Dickies, Duane Peters
Sunday, October 20th: pro-wrestling sensations Lucha Libre USA, Metalachi
Thursday, October 24th: Emilie Autumn with special guest
Friday, October 25th: Doctor P, Zomboy, Terravita, Evol Intent
Saturday, October 26th: Motionless In White, Butcher Babies, Ghost Town
Sunday, October 27th: Reel Big Fish, Goldfinger, with special guest
Thursday, October 31st: Andrew W.K., Mod Sun, Beware Of Darkness
Friday, November 1st: MAJOR EDM HEADLINER to be announced on September 25, Dirtyphonics, Fei-Fei
Saturday, November 2nd: Rob Zombie, Eagles Of Death Metal, Powerman 5000, 45 Grave

I'm so in-love with the Cummings brothers!!! Can I marry them both!? Manly Rob! Ahhh

jerseydevil
July 27th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Halloween is the best... Mainly because its my birthday... And I am the devil.....:evil:

smileeek: Maybe West Coast...But I got seniority around these parts.:yo:

NastiMarvasti
July 27th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Walking Dead wasn't too memorable for me last year at HHN. Maybe because I haven't watched the show yet. I don't know. But I'm glad that the maze will be different at least.

Still haven't done Knott's. Gotta try to make it this year.

Queen Mary has a nice atmosphere but isn't all that scary and the workers break character at times. Plus, they just put cheap paint on their faces.

MelissaGKG
July 28th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Walking Dead wasn't too memorable for me last year at HHN. Maybe because I haven't watched the show yet. I don't know. But I'm glad that the maze will be different at least.

Still haven't done Knott's. Gotta try to make it this year.

Queen Mary has a nice atmosphere but isn't all that scary and the workers break character at times. Plus, they just put cheap paint on their faces.

Walking dead was .. Eh... Horror tram was horrible! Knots is nothing great I did love the Silent Hill and Chainsaw massacre one though!

Dexter
July 28th, 2013, 11:47 PM
The tram just flat out sucks. Walking in the dark near the Bates motel isn't scary, but you'll most likely twist an ankle on the side.

MelissaGKG
July 29th, 2013, 12:10 AM
The tram just flat out sucks. Walking in the dark near the Bates motel isn't scary, but you'll most likely twist an ankle on the side.

The line was the best part of the tram last year... I met some pretty funny people and it went really fast... And scariest part of the tram... THE BUGS!
I love the clowns comin' at you with chainsaws and the foggy area where you can't see a foot in front if you! I can't wait till this year!!

MelissaGKG
July 29th, 2013, 12:32 AM
Eli Roth on the State of the Goretorium in Vegas - Dread Central (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/68484/eli-roth-state-goretorium-vegas)

Goretorium is kinda bad!! Not worth the money, and definitely don't do VIP... I was lucky enough to have family that live in Vegass buy the ticket since its half off... But all-in-all, it's great to look at nothin' scary... Best part was the beginning... We went in with 30 some people when it should hav been 7... Only plus side was after the whole thing Eli Roth came up to me and he sat down with my brother, sister and I for almost an hour and gave us free drinks and we were invited to the private party on Halloween, which was the next day... I didn't go though, I was much more interested in my nephews first time trick-or-treating!!

NastiMarvasti
July 29th, 2013, 01:33 AM

I'm one of the few who really likes that walk by Bates Motel. It isn't that scary but I love the atmosphere.

NastiMarvasti
August 2nd, 2013, 05:01 AM
The HHN Facebook page says they'll reveal their next maze next week. The clue is a picture of a hand holding a skull with the words, "Heads will roll". Sleepy Hollow perhaps? That was the tag line for Burton's film. I love that story.

MelissaGKG
August 3rd, 2013, 08:42 PM
I do NOT want no stinkin' Sleepy Hallow!!

But!! Did anyone almost throw up in Texas Chainsaw from the the smell of death and rotting last year? It was so bad... But I loved it!

NastiMarvasti
August 4th, 2013, 01:47 PM
I do NOT want no stinkin' Sleepy Hallow!!

But!! Did anyone almost throw up in Texas Chainsaw from the the smell of death and rotting last year? It was so bad... But I loved it!

The worst was Saw from a few years ago. I was still smelling that stuff the next day.

KingsOvAllKings
August 5th, 2013, 03:00 AM

Reading this made me laugh my ass off. The first and only time i went to Halloween Horror Nights I nearly broke my ankle (really bad sprain, and i can't even say i went because we left immediately after riding the tram) walking in that area and was asked to leave with the people who were with me with no refunds. Granted i don't blame them at all considering i had smoked a ton of hash and drank about 12 beers an hour prior to that in the expensive parking lot.

Dexter
August 5th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Black Sabbath 13 3D to rock Halloween Horror Nights 2013 in new haunted house at Universal Studios Hollywood | Inside the Magic (http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/08/black-sabbath-13-3d-to-rock-halloween-horror-nights-2013-in-new-haunted-house-at-universal-studios-hollywood/)

Cool.

ucsdguy1
August 5th, 2013, 11:07 AM
My real concern....when does Halloween Wars start back up again on the food network?

NastiMarvasti
August 5th, 2013, 02:41 PM
The 3D mazes are the worst year after year and always have the longest lines. Black Sabbath will be last on my list.