PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One

Pages : [1] 2

TooCool
May 21st, 2013, 12:12 PM
What did you all think of the reveal? I thought it was just as bad (if not, more) than the PS4 reveal.

Guess we'll have to see what E3 brings for both of these consoles. But so far, it's just a bunch of casual nonsense.

beedee
May 21st, 2013, 12:27 PM
I watched it also. For some reason, I'm reluctant when it comes to combining so many devices into one device. Like, I could give two shats about snapping a live fantasy feed into my TV viewing space, same with browsing the web. Some people will find it convenient, but I find it distracting.

Shaddy
May 21st, 2013, 12:46 PM
Very disappointed. And the fact that it is not backwards compatible could mean having to make new XBL accounts as well.The graphics on the new call of duty look like crap for a new console, well cod is crap anyways.

Looks quite bulky too.

Homer Simpson
May 21st, 2013, 12:53 PM
I am kind of old school in keeping my device apart, but I am slowly changing my habits. The integration with cable looks very interesting but it will take me a while to get used to it. I do not like how it is not backwards compatible (I think) so I will not purchase one until my current box craps out and I do not feel like fixing it. I am in no rush as the 360 is good enough for me.

BadIdea
May 21st, 2013, 01:01 PM
The "no used games" stuff is terrible. I have to pay a fee if my wife also wants to play a game on the same console, or another console in my household? No thanks. True, they weren't very forthcoming with the details, but things aren't looking good.

Dexter
May 21st, 2013, 01:11 PM
The "no used games" stuff is terrible. I have to pay a fee if my wife also wants to play a game on the same console, or another console in my household? No thanks. True, they weren't very forthcoming with the details, but things aren't looking good.

A really BadIdea.

BadIdea
May 21st, 2013, 02:29 PM
Also this:

"Kinect does require to be connected to Xbox One in all cases, yes," Microsoft's Harvey Eagle told press (as reported by IGN).

Yeah, I'll pass.

Homer Simpson
May 21st, 2013, 02:41 PM
Kind of a deal breaker for me if the Kinect needs to be always connected, kind of creepy to me.

SuperCalo2000
May 21st, 2013, 04:04 PM
Looks like Im keeping my 360 for quite a while. I can easily buy a roku, a bluray and even a WiiU and be covered. F these greedy pigs ! And Im a huge 360 fan.

USCKingsFan31
May 21st, 2013, 04:12 PM
Doubt I'll be getting into the "next gen" any time in the next five years... still way too many games in this generation's library to tackle, and with soon-to-be lower prices, too!

But when I do get around to it, I'll almost certainly be going with the PS4.

Boozehound
May 21st, 2013, 05:40 PM

UPDATE: Microsoft has confirmed that there will be no fees associated with used games.
http://boygeniusreport.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/xbox-used-fee.jpg?w=942

And until Microsoft actually releases official information on what ONE has/does/requires, it's all speculation mostly from people who are pulling it straight out of their ass.

However, Microsoft really didnt show us anything game wise. Hopefully at E3 we get a much better understanding.

Boozehound
May 21st, 2013, 05:51 PM
could mean having to make new XBL accounts as well.
Per xbox twitter:
Your Xbox Live Gold membership will work for both your Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Accessories are different.

spjon25
May 21st, 2013, 05:54 PM
I am saying this to Microsoft---****** YOU!!! You greedy bastards want to charge a fee to load used games, and no backwards compatibility. You guys are insane

Boozehound
May 21st, 2013, 06:17 PM
I am saying this to Microsoft---****** YOU!!! You greedy bastards want to charge a fee to load used games, and no backwards compatibility. You guys are insane
I can understand the no backward compatibility, its a new generation system complete with a new OS and hardware. It would be like trying to play a MAC game on a PC. Hell my PS3 doesn't play PS2 games. My SNES doesn't play NES games... its pretty much standard for next gen to not play previous gen.

BadIdea
May 21st, 2013, 06:28 PM
UPDATE: Microsoft has confirmed that there will be no fees associated with used games.
http://boygeniusreport.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/xbox-used-fee.jpg?w=942

And until Microsoft actually releases official information on what ONE has/does/requires, it's all speculation mostly from people who are pulling it straight out of their ass.

However, Microsoft really didnt show us anything game wise. Hopefully at E3 we get a much better understanding.

Seems to be conflicting information then:

Speaking to us at the big event in Redmond today, Microsoft corporate vice president Phil Harrison clarified a couple of details about the system's used game policy and explained that there will be a solution for people who want to trade games with their friends.

Here's how the system works: when you buy an Xbox One game, you'll get a unique code that you enter when you install that game. You'll have to connect to the Internet in order to authorize that code, and the code can only be used once. Once you use it, that game will then be linked to your Xbox Live account. "It sits on your harddrive and you have permission to play that game as long as you?d like," Harrison said.

But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee?and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game?in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison said.

"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."

"They would be paying the same price we paid, or less?" we asked.

"Let?s assume it?s a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.

So, who to believe? Random tweet or Microsoft corporate vice president Phil Harrison?

http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

Boozehound
May 21st, 2013, 06:40 PM
The twitter is the official xbox support twitter, so its not random. But nothing has been "official" about any of this yet. We are all jumping to conclusions. Speaking of which, has Sony come out and said anything on used games? They have not.
When it all comes down to it, I have a hard time believing either the PS4 or ONE will make players pay fees for used games. I mean look at the craziness of no official word has caused. If one or both of them do charge for used/borrowed games, they can close down shop right now the consumer will not go for that.

I am saving my judgment for both systems until all the cards on the table and I will buy the one I think I will enjoy more.

Every complaint toward Xbox is still TBA on PS4:
PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Comparison_Chart (http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Comparison_Chart)

So we could all be royally screwed if those TBA's and Maybe's become YES.

SuperCalo2000
May 21st, 2013, 07:43 PM
On the bright side, we now will have plenty of time to play catch-up on all those 360/PS3 games we have wanted to play but havent.

LOSTcauseZERO
May 21st, 2013, 11:29 PM
I'm getting this ish...eventually. When I can afford it. I'm a gamer.

Conglaturation
May 22nd, 2013, 08:23 AM
I was not impressed at all with this reveal. Nothing made me say "yeah, I need to have one of those". I just love how they dedicated 15 minutes to COD: Ghosts, a non-exclusive title. Terrible.

DotUKings
May 22nd, 2013, 08:31 AM
So was your Super Nintendo backwards compatible? How about that N64?

Of course it won't be backwards compatible. Why does it need to be? If you have the 360 and games keep them. No reason you have to unhook one system to play another.

It's a great time for gamers, not fanboys and trolls talking about fees and nonsense. I'm really digging the features on the Xbox One and the PS4. The future is finally starting to arrive and it's pretty cool to watch.

As for the games, both companies get a zero for games presentation. And considering launch is just months away supposedly, that is scary. Hopefully E3 has more.

RoyalSubject
May 22nd, 2013, 08:50 AM
I thought it looked great. I like the one box solution. I'd love to see them take it further by creating a home automation protocol that would allow 3rd parties to build devices that can be controlled through the Kinnect's voice recognition.

Addressing the negative points raised so far:

Graphics on release titles never demonstrate a next-gen system's capabilities. It takes a year or two of refining graphic libraries before developers harness the power of new systems.

Sure, Kinnect is kind of creepy, but it's a simple fix for the paranoid. Cover the cameras or disconnect the cable when you're not using your Xbox.

We'll have to see on the used game thing, but it wouldn't bother me personally. I tend to buy older, cheap games through Live and rarely buy games on disc anymore. (too lazy to get up and change the disc)

BadIdea
May 22nd, 2013, 09:11 AM
I like the one box solution.

Except is it really a one box solution? It's an accessory to your cable box. And in my situation it would be totally useless as I ditched my cable box/subscription years ago. All the shows I watch are streamed through the internet already.

It's clear that this thing just isn't for me (and I own two 360's). Even if they used game fee situation turns out to be false it still has way too many negatives. What remains to be seen now is what the PS4 offers or whether I skip the next gen altogether.

RoyalSubject
May 22nd, 2013, 09:44 AM
Except is it really a one box solution? It's an accessory to your cable box. And in my situation it would be totally useless as I ditched my cable box/subscription years ago. All the shows I watch are streamed through the internet already.

As far as functionality is concerned, yes I'd say it is. It turns the cable box into an access point, and removes the need for the user to interact with its clunky interface.

I ditched cable back in 2004., but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate what they've done, and as a software engineer, see potential beyond integrating with a cable box. Intelligent, connected devices are the next big wave of innovation that the internet will bring. Right now it's just a bunch of hackers/makers doing their own thing with no standardization. This new system, combined with the ubiquity of the Xbox brand, gives MS an opportunity to be a major player in this market if they're smart enough to look beyond the entertainment aspect and implement a standard communication protocol for connected devices.

rinkrat
May 22nd, 2013, 11:14 AM
My 360 has been messed up for awhile and I was thinking of replacing it. Might have to pop for this bad boy.

BadIdea
May 22nd, 2013, 11:19 AM
As far as functionality is concerned, yes I'd say it is. It turns the cable box into an access point, and removes the need for the user to interact with its clunky interface.

I ditched cable back in 2004., but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate what they've done, and as a software engineer, see potential beyond integrating with a cable box. Intelligent, connected devices are the next big wave of innovation that the internet will bring. Right now it's just a bunch of hackers/makers doing their own thing with no standardization. This new system, combined with the ubiquity of the Xbox brand, gives MS an opportunity to be a major player in this market if they're smart enough to look beyond the entertainment aspect and implement a standard communication protocol for connected devices.

No doubt the tech is cool but are that many people excited to go from - cable box to XboxOne to AV Receiver to the TV - just so they don't have to press a single button on their remote? No doubt "intelligent, connected devices" are the future but there's no way this is it.

Modern TV's already do a lot of what their advertising and that trend will only increase. The way people watch TV is rapidly changing, as you and I can testify to. The cable companies and television studios seem way behind in this regard. The cable box is quickly becoming irrelevant and because the Xbox One simply piggybacks an existing cable box instead of replacing it, it will become an obstacle to the ways we watch TV rather than enhance it.

I think that's why a lot of people are disappointed. They wanted a gaming system first. Not an unnecessary entertainment hub that also plays games. Add on to that the always on Kinect, the (basically) always on internet requirement, the DRM bs, the potential elimination of used games, an additional pay wall to services that are free elsewhere (Hulu, Netflix, etc.), and I just don't see the appeal. Who is thing being made for? It's tech is niche enough to not be broadly appealing and it's gaming solution seems to be becoming draconian enough to drive away most of the Xbox 360 audience. And, oh yeah, no one likes Windows 8.

I've been a gamer nearly all my life (nearing 40). It comprises a large part of my entertainment dollars. Some of my fondest gaming memories were made on the 360. Given what they've shown so far there is no way I buy this thing. Most games are available elsewhere. A few exclusives, most likely involving Kinect some way, don't even come close to making it worth putting up with all the negatives. This thing wasn't built for gamers.

RoyalSubject
May 22nd, 2013, 11:45 AM
And, oh yeah, no one likes Windows 8.

This is the most ridiculous complaint I've read regarding the One. The complaints about Windows 8 have been due to forced use of the Metro style interface. The One uses the Windows 8 kernel which is a very low level part of the OS that has nothing to do with the user interface. People making this complaint are doing it through sheer tech ignorance. It's synonymous with not buying a particular model of car because it uses the same engine another model where you didn't like the dashboard layout.

BadIdea
May 22nd, 2013, 04:43 PM
This is the most ridiculous complaint I've read regarding the One. The complaints about Windows 8 have been due to forced use of the Metro style interface. The One uses the Windows 8 kernel which is a very low level part of the OS that has nothing to do with the user interface. People making this complaint are doing it through sheer tech ignorance. It's synonymous with not buying a particular model of car because it uses the same engine another model where you didn't like the dashboard layout.

Relax guy.

Dexter
May 22nd, 2013, 05:57 PM
I like my Windows 8 :run:

RoyalSubject
May 22nd, 2013, 07:50 PM
Relax guy.

I wasn't ever not relaxed. Just stating facts. Can't tell if you were being serious or not, but I've seen people saying the same thing all over the web as if it's a valid reason to hate the new system. It was only a matter of time before someone else posted it here, so that myth needed to be put to bed asap.

DotUKings
May 22nd, 2013, 08:50 PM

No doubt the tech is cool but are that many people excited to go from - cable box to XboxOne to AV Receiver to the TV - just so they don't have to press a single button on their remote? No doubt "intelligent, connected devices" are the future but there's no way this is it.

Modern TV's already do a lot of what their advertising and that trend will only increase. The way people watch TV is rapidly changing, as you and I can testify to. The cable companies and television studios seem way behind in this regard. The cable box is quickly becoming irrelevant and because the Xbox One simply piggybacks an existing cable box instead of replacing it, it will become an obstacle to the ways we watch TV rather than enhance it.

I think that's why a lot of people are disappointed. They wanted a gaming system first. Not an unnecessary entertainment hub that also plays games. Add on to that the always on Kinect, the (basically) always on internet requirement, the DRM bs, the potential elimination of used games, an additional pay wall to services that are free elsewhere (Hulu, Netflix, etc.), and I just don't see the appeal. Who is thing being made for? It's tech is niche enough to not be broadly appealing and it's gaming solution seems to be becoming draconian enough to drive away most of the Xbox 360 audience. And, oh yeah, no one likes Windows 8.

I've been a gamer nearly all my life (nearing 40). It comprises a large part of my entertainment dollars. Some of my fondest gaming memories were made on the 360. Given what they've shown so far there is no way I buy this thing. Most games are available elsewhere. A few exclusives, most likely involving Kinect some way, don't even come close to making it worth putting up with all the negatives. This thing wasn't built for gamers.

Complaining about drm really pisses me off. Sucks people will have a harder time copying games off the net. Sucks developers will actually get paid and maybe won't shut down as much.

I get some of the "home" features aren't for you, but saying its not made for gamers is kinda silly. Not only is it to early to tell which system will have the better library, but it's still going to be a game system first. Why can't a game system also support some pretty cool features?

The all in one box is great, even better if they can support a login for your cable provider and bypass a cable box all together.

BadIdea
May 22nd, 2013, 09:44 PM
I wasn't ever not relaxed. Just stating facts. Can't tell if you were being serious or not, but I've seen people saying the same thing all over the web as if it's a valid reason to hate the new system. It was only a matter of time before someone else posted it here, so that myth needed to be put to bed asap.

Sorry, should have put a :5smile:

Complaining about drm really pisses me off. Sucks people will have a harder time copying games off the net. Sucks developers will actually get paid and maybe won't shut down as much.

I get some of the "home" features aren't for you, but saying its not made for gamers is kinda silly. Not only is it to early to tell which system will have the better library, but it's still going to be a game system first. Why can't a game system also support some pretty cool features?

The all in one box is great, even better if they can support a login for your cable provider and bypass a cable box all together.

This is a DRM machine. The "always on" internet connection, the mandatory "always on" Kinect and the activation (anti used game system) is 100% about policing our behavior. DRM does nothing to get the developers more money. They get paid what they were contracted to get paid. Anything else goes to the publisher. And it's not just people copying games off the net. In my situation I have two Xbox360's. Ones my wife's, ones mine. The way it appears to be set up either she or I will have to pay a fee (I know, not confirmed) or we only use one machine or I have to transfer my GT to her console so she can play as me. That's total bull**** and it shouldn't be that way. And I think this type of DRM is going to encourage more piracy.

As for the home stuff, I don't care about it. It's useless to me and it appears optional. Plus my TV and other devices already do all of it except the voice command stuff. I'm sure some people will really dig it. I think it's ok that it's there. And that it requires a cable box to decode the signal has been confirmed as true and necessary. The Xbox One has one major problem - Fortune Tech (http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2013/05/22/the-xbox-one-has-one-major-problem/)

It could have the greatest game library ever and I still wouldn't get it because I don't want Microsoft measuring my heartbeat and tracking me in the dark. No game would get me to accept that level of privacy invasion. IMO we've already given up far to much of it. Everything's tracked nowadays - what we buy, who we call, our porn preferences - and now they want to put an "always on" camera and microphone in my home? No ****ing way. I'm not concerned with what any hacker might do with it, I'm concerned with what Microsoft will do with it.

But that's just the tip of the iceberg with this thing. For example Microsoft's position is that they will allow me to play their games I purchased -
"It sits on your harddrive and you have permission to play that game as long as you’d like," Harrison said. You Will Be Able To Trade Xbox One Games Online, Microsoft Says [Update] (http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825)
**** Microsoft and any company that thinks that way.

And why I say it's not a game system:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

I think this thing will sell well (in the US). That's great. I'm sure the people who buy it will enjoy it very much and I'll be happy for them. I won't understand their decision but that's my problem.

Birdman
May 23rd, 2013, 12:08 AM
**** TV, I have a $85 Roku to stream everything I want from the net. I want it to play COOLER games than I have now.

wheels49
May 23rd, 2013, 07:47 AM
I get the feeling it's trying to do to many different things and it's going to suck at everything. Give me a box to play kick ass games.

SuperCalo2000
May 23rd, 2013, 08:41 AM
The backwards compatibility I understand but not being able to transfer the XBLA games you purchased reeks of lack of foresight. Good thing I didn't buy too much digital stuff.

The DMR just makes it more difficult for law-abiders to play. A fee to take the game to my buddy's house or I just take my system ? Really ??!?!! Always on internet and Kinect ? I'd hate to work in their XBox marketing department right now.

DotUKings
May 23rd, 2013, 10:09 AM

Sorry, should have put a :5smile:

This is a DRM machine. The "always on" internet connection, the mandatory "always on" Kinect and the activation (anti used game system) is 100% about policing our behavior. DRM does nothing to get the developers more money. They get paid what they were contracted to get paid. Anything else goes to the publisher. And it's not just people copying games off the net. In my situation I have two Xbox360's. Ones my wife's, ones mine. The way it appears to be set up either she or I will have to pay a fee (I know, not confirmed) or we only use one machine or I have to transfer my GT to her console so she can play as me. That's total bull**** and it shouldn't be that way. And I think this type of DRM is going to encourage more piracy.

As for the home stuff, I don't care about it. It's useless to me and it appears optional. Plus my TV and other devices already do all of it except the voice command stuff. I'm sure some people will really dig it. I think it's ok that it's there. And that it requires a cable box to decode the signal has been confirmed as true and necessary. The Xbox One has one major problem - Fortune Tech (http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2013/05/22/the-xbox-one-has-one-major-problem/)

It could have the greatest game library ever and I still wouldn't get it because I don't want Microsoft measuring my heartbeat and tracking me in the dark. No game would get me to accept that level of privacy invasion. IMO we've already given up far to much of it. Everything's tracked nowadays - what we buy, who we call, our porn preferences - and now they want to put an "always on" camera and microphone in my home? No ****ing way. I'm not concerned with what any hacker might do with it, I'm concerned with what Microsoft will do with it.

But that's just the tip of the iceberg with this thing. For example Microsoft's position is that they will allow me to play their games I purchased -
"It sits on your harddrive and you have permission to play that game as long as you’d like," Harrison said. You Will Be Able To Trade Xbox One Games Online, Microsoft Says [Update] (http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825)
**** Microsoft and any company that thinks that way.

And why I say it's not a game system:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

I think this thing will sell well (in the US). That's great. I'm sure the people who buy it will enjoy it very much and I'll be happy for them. I won't understand their decision but that's my problem.

Stop listening to Internet trolls and get some facts. Your games are tied to your xbla. Sign in on any Xbox one and play the game u own. Period. No fees.

Sucks you have two xboxs and would have to buy two copies instead of copying the first one illegally. Boooooohoooooooo. Been dealing with drm and always on authentication on the pc for years. About time they caught up with console games given how easy it is to duplicate them.

Oh and if you own a cell phone, then you already own a device that's always listening and seeing, and it's not just contained to your living room.

BadIdea
May 23rd, 2013, 11:09 AM
Stop listening to Internet trolls and get some facts. Your games are tied to your xbla. Sign in on any Xbox one and play the game u own. Period. No fees.

Sucks you have two xboxs and would have to buy two copies instead of copying the first one illegally. Boooooohoooooooo. Been dealing with drm and always on authentication on the pc for years. About time they caught up with console games given how easy it is to duplicate them.

Oh and if you own a cell phone, then you already own a device that's always listening and seeing, and it's not just contained to your living room.

Seems I struck a nerve.

I've got the facts, this device isn't for me. There's better options and the scale of privacy invasion and corporate *******ry the Xbox One is a bad choice for anyone.

Boozehound
May 24th, 2013, 01:02 AM
Seems I struck a nerve.

I've got the facts, this device isn't for me. There's better options and the scale of privacy invasion and corporate *******ry the Xbox One is a bad choice for anyone.

Thing is, you don't have nearly any FACTS. Nothing has been made official. The Xbox reveal showed off the other things the system can do, they are saving the games for E3. After E3 when things have been made fact, make a judgment then.

TooCool
May 24th, 2013, 01:48 AM
You guys need to relax with the console wars thing. Bottom line, both the PS4 and Xbox One (in my opinion) had a crappy presentation and first impression. If you're seriously excited about how little they revealed, then you're probably the type that gets excited over finding a quarter on the floor. For me personally, I was expecting too much out of the next generation and I absolutely hate the fact that both companies are leaning towards catering to the casual market.

Obviously, we're all gamers and down the line.. we'll buy one of these next-gen systems. I hope this E3 will be huge and that both companies can go nuts with their presentation.

Basically, I want to be "wowed". After having seen these two companies talk about the PS4 and Xbox One so far, I don't think it has made many people say, "I NEED THIS NOW." So we'll see what they put on the table during E3. But for now, I'll keep playing the 360. Just waiting for GTAV...

BadIdea
May 24th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Thing is, you don't have nearly any FACTS. Nothing has been made official. The Xbox reveal showed off the other things the system can do, they are saving the games for E3. After E3 when things have been made fact, make a judgment then.

Fact: Kinect is required and always on. That's enough for me.

And who's bringing up the console wars? I agree, it's totally stupid. And I can't remember anyone bringing up the PS4 except to say 'what they have to offer remains to be seen.'

santiclaws
May 24th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Sony and Microsoft are doing a good job of persuading me to upgrade my gaming computer.

SuperCalo2000
May 28th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Sony and Microsoft are doing a good job of persuading me to upgrade my gaming computer.

And helping sell WiiUs in the uk. Sales are up 800% since the Xbox One announcement. I tried the WiiU and enjoyed it. Still too pricey for me but Im keeping it in mind.

Guess they wont have to worry about piracy when their system doesnt sell.

Pucker25
May 28th, 2013, 07:00 PM
IMO, the problem they both have is there isn't enough wrong with PS3 and 360. Where can they take gaming that the previous generation can't handle?

mark1178
May 29th, 2013, 06:06 PM
The Xbox one is a shiny black box. I love black boxes. Shut up and take all my money!

mark1178
May 29th, 2013, 06:06 PM
IMO, the problem they both have is there isn't enough wrong with PS3 and 360. Where can they take gaming that the previous generation can't handle?

Vagina app

Boozehound
June 6th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Definitely not getting this at launch of ever. No loaned/rented games. I'm out until that changes.
Clicky Clicky (http://www.cnet.com.au/microsoft-details-used-games-policies-for-the-xbox-one-339344539.htm?noredir=1)

RoyalSubject
June 6th, 2013, 11:10 PM
I know I'm in the minority here, but the used/loaned game thing really doesn't bother me. Can't remember the last time I borrowed a game from someone, and I own exactly one used game. I just don't play the latest and greatest games. I'm almost always a year or two back. NHL 13 is the only game I own that I paid more than $40 for.

Again, I know I'm in the minority. There was a time when I was renting and buying used like crazy. If I was still there, I'd think this is the worst thing ever like a lot of you do.

TooCool
June 7th, 2013, 02:20 AM
Definitely not getting this at launch of ever. No loaned/rented games. I'm out until that changes.
Microsoft details used games policies for the Xbox One - Xbox 360 Games (http://www.cnet.com.au/microsoft-details-used-games-policies-for-the-xbox-one-339344539.htm?noredir=1)

Yep. I just read this too. Microsoft Details Xbox One Used Games, Always Online - IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/06/microsoft-details-xbox-one-used-games-always-online)

I still don't know what to make of it until complete details from both systems are out. But whatever Microsoft is leaning towards... they're looking at company suicide.

Dexter
June 7th, 2013, 02:24 AM
Gotta wait til after E3 to really get an idea.

Conglaturation
June 7th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Oh Dexter! I know you already pre-ordered the damn thing!!!!

Paid. In. Full.

I just hope Sony doesn't let us down as well.

DotUKings
June 7th, 2013, 05:08 PM
The only concern for me is the rental issue. That still seems to be lingering without much clarification. I hope they don't expect me to pay $76 for each one or I will also hold out. I plan on getting both systems but I have started renting games more.

Shaddy
June 7th, 2013, 10:47 PM
just saying...

http://www.abload.de/img/drm4yjrw.png

Kingsfan626
June 8th, 2013, 12:48 AM
The best thing that ever happened to me was the week my Xbox RRoDed which was the same exact week I bought a PS3 and PSN was offline for a month. Friend gave me some steam games and an Xbox PC controller and I've never looked back. My 6 year old ROG (Asus G72GX laptop) had been able to play all games on Steam and once a year I buy all of my games on my wish list for pennies on the dollar. (See Steam Christmas month sale)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

zebehm
June 8th, 2013, 01:12 AM
I won't be buying an Xbox One and I loved both the original Xbox and 360. I guess it is a good thing that I've become quite the non-gamer the last couple years. I was in Gamestop the other day with my youngest brothers while they bought a few used games and I had absolutely no desire to play any of the games I was looking at. I even sat down to play some Halo 4 today to try and get through Legendary Campaign but turned it off after 5 minutes because I was bored. And that's coming from someone who religiously bought and played all the previous Halo games. I don't know if I'm making a good choice in not gaming much or will regret missing out on some great games to be released the next few years.

BadIdea
June 8th, 2013, 09:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sWcKtJj5_oY

TooCool
June 10th, 2013, 12:09 PM
$499. Coming November 2013. Yuck.

As for all the games it showed today during the conference... I honestly didn't care for any of it. It looks cool and everything but nothing screams "I want it NOW!" at all. Metal Gear Solid 5 looked a lot like Red Dead Redemption. ;)

Lets see what Sony has in store with their conference tonight at 6 PM.

Boozehound
June 10th, 2013, 12:14 PM
$499. Coming November 2013. Yuck.

As for all the games it showed today during the conference... I honestly didn't care for any of it. It looks cool and everything but nothing screams "I want it NOW!" at all. Metal Gear Solid 5 looked a lot like Red Dead Redemption. ;)

Lets see what Sony has in store with their conference tonight at 6 PM.

This.
Xbox one will not be in my house for a while if at all(rented games support).

Shaddy
June 10th, 2013, 01:18 PM
The fact that it can run games at 60FPS is okay. But im sure the PS4 will run higher.
M$ lacked information on the subscription family plan, and no kinect info.
Battlefield 4, Project Spark, DeadRising 3, GTAV, and the new Halo are the only games i was interested for.

So now we wait to see what EA shows at 1pm.

SuperCalo2000
June 10th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Looks like I'll get a new 360. They re-designed it and my old 360's dvd drive is acting up. I'll be enjoying new, borrowed and used on it. There are still plenty of good games I never got to play. Sure MS will still get my money but not as much of it.

I might get a WiiU for Nintendo games. I played the demos and it was really fun to play.

Boozehound
June 10th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Thanks Sony, you just made it so MS is going to have to change their approach on used/rental games.

Conglaturation
June 11th, 2013, 11:04 AM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr05/2013/6/11/10/anigif_enhanced-buzz-24662-1370961430-22.gif

Ecktore
June 11th, 2013, 11:11 AM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr05/2013/6/11/10/anigif_enhanced-buzz-24662-1370961430-22.gif

:rofl:

Shaddy
June 11th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Just made this..

http://gyazo.com/74759228aa56a8bb68aa9d7db0e5168a.png

Shaddy
June 11th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Wow really!? This is microsoft's response to the Xbox one. M$ are a bunch of...not even going to say it, it's been said too many times.

Microsoft Xbox Executive Don Mattrick Response to PS4 Xbox One Bashing E3 2013 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzmVcasl3ZU)

BadIdea
June 11th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Wow really!? This is microsoft's response to the Xbox one. M$ are a bunch of...not even going to say it, it's been said too many times.

Microsoft Xbox Executive Don Mattrick Response to PS4 Xbox One Bashing E3 2013 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzmVcasl3ZU)

Ahhh, they took it down. What did MS say?

TooCool
June 11th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Ahhh, they took it down. What did MS say?

He basically said, "If you don't want to be online with the Xbox One, then buy the Xbox 360."

SuperCalo2000
June 11th, 2013, 11:36 PM
He basically said, "If you don't want to be online with the Xbox One, then buy the Xbox 360."

What an arrogant prick ! He's lucky my 360 is starting to crap out on me and will have to get a new one soon.

Shaddy
June 12th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Nvm.

I wonder if MS is wondering if they should change their new way before it's too late.

TooCool
June 12th, 2013, 01:12 AM
Here is the article from that Youtube video that got taken down.

Gamers Without Internet Can Stick With Xbox 360, Says Microsoft - IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/12/gamers-without-internet-can-stick-with-xbox-360-says-microsoft)

“Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it’s called Xbox 360,” said Mattrick. “If you have zero access to the Internet, that is an offline device.”

Boozehound
June 12th, 2013, 05:10 PM
LOL, it's becoming easier and easier to justify the purchase of a PS4. What an easy choice.

DotUKings
June 12th, 2013, 08:07 PM
I have Internet, so it doesn't bother me any. Technology is moving forward not backwards.

Ecktore
June 13th, 2013, 09:02 AM
I have Internet, so it doesn't bother me any. Technology is moving forward not backwards.

Technology moving foward has NOTHING to do with requiring the console to be connected to the internet at all times. It's a stupid move by Microsoft.

TooCool
June 13th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Technology moving foward has NOTHING to do with requiring the console to be connected to the internet at all times. It's a stupid move by Microsoft.

I agree. Before the Xbox One and PS4 was announced, I thought Microsoft was gaining ground... big time. It's no secret that the 360 is the most popular system in the United States. The only reason Sony "won" the console war is because they sold more consoles worldwide, mostly thanks to Japan. Those Japanese people are really loyal and only supported Nintendo and Sony and refused to buy anything American related like Microsoft.

Either way, Microsoft was on its way up. But now, they are going to fall way down. Quite possibly right back to Nintendo's level with their failure of a system (Wii-U).

I like all the systems and what they bring to the table, but what Microsoft is doing is ridiculous. They're playing the perfect villian role and everyone (including me now) would like to see them fail. Just for ****s and giggles.

Ecktore
June 13th, 2013, 01:35 PM
So, I know this sounds paranoid, but did you guys ever read about the time Target sent coupons for baby items to a teenage girl?

How Target Figured Out A Teen Girl Was Pregnant Before Her Father Did - Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2012/02/16/how-target-figured-out-a-teen-girl-was-pregnant-before-her-father-did/)

Micro$oft wants to know you without having to know you.

DotUKings
June 13th, 2013, 01:51 PM

I disagree. Everyone has their own opinions. I find playing games online more enjoyable than by myself to begin with. I must fall in the crowd of fans who sees positives for both new consoles.

SuperCalo2000
June 13th, 2013, 01:59 PM
I just played some of the stuff here at e3 and honestly, the only new Xbox One game that caught my eye was Killer Instinct. Everything else I enjoyed or got me excited was this gen (and Im counting the WiiU in this).

Hitting up Sony after lunch.

Ecktore
June 13th, 2013, 02:09 PM
I disagree. Everyone has their own opinions. I find playing games online more enjoyable than by myself to begin with. I must fall in the crowd of fans who sees positives for both new consoles.

Seems like you only play online multiplayer games. When I had my 360, I played both multiplayer and single player games. I see no point in having to be connected to the internet just so I can play Final Fantasy, or Red Dead Redemption. For that matter, why do I need to create an Xbox Live account i order to play the Single player campaign for Halo, Battlefield, or Call of Duty? There's absolutely no reason for it. Like I said, it has NOTHING to do with technology moving forward.

rinkrat
June 13th, 2013, 02:22 PM
I think all appliances should be attached to the internet!

Birdman
June 13th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Those of you all worried that "Hey, I don't want my **** connected to the Internet" need to get over it. If you have a smart phone, you're constantly connected already.

Google knows what pr0n you watch, what you buy and when. This information is getting shared. Hell, the Government has a database of what calls you've made.

If you worry that the box is gonna get hacked, and someone is going to be able to Snoop-Cam you while you're smooching with your sweetie, you just put a post it note over it and move on.

Ecktore
June 13th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Those of you all worried that "Hey, I don't want my **** connected to the Internet" need to get over it. If you have a smart phone, you're constantly connected already.

Google knows what pr0n you watch, what you buy and when. This information is getting shared. Hell, the Government has a database of what calls you've made.

If you worry that the box is gonna get hacked, and someone is going to be able to Snoop-Cam you while you're smooching with your sweetie, you just put a post it note over it and move on.
Not just watching you, but also listening to you. The Kinect, which apparently has to also remain plugged in, picks up sound as well as movement. So, yeah. Like you said, Google and Apple do this already. Only difference is, your mobile phones and tablets don't require a a data connection in order to make a phone call or use apps.

Birdman
June 13th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Only difference is, your mobile phones and tablets don't require a a data connection in order to make a phone call or use apps.

20 years ago, my business partner and I would make the comment "Why would you buy a computer without a modem"?

The trend for games now is to play with your friends, that's when you get the most enjoyment. There are some games where I didn't even bother finishing the Campaign all the way through, just so I could login and play a bit with you fools. That trend is just going to continue.

Ecktore
June 13th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Only difference is, your mobile phones and tablets don't require a a data connection in order to make a phone call or use apps.

20 years ago, my business partner and I would make the comment "Why would you buy a computer without a modem"?

The trend for games now is to play with your friends, that's when you get the most enjoyment. There are some games where I didn't even bother finishing the Campaign all the way through, just so I could login and play a bit with you fools. That trend is just going to continue.

I get that. We all know that's the trend. I just don't understand WHY it's mandatory if the game I'm playing isn't multiplayer.

Birdman
June 13th, 2013, 10:20 PM
I get that. We all know that's the trend. I just don't understand WHY it's mandatory if the game I'm playing isn't multiplayer.

They have always had it out for stealing software. It's in their blood. They spend millions in building it, they feel that it's only fair that you pay a handsome license fee for it.

SuperCalo2000
June 14th, 2013, 02:41 AM
Well, I played Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z and I definitely enjoyed it. It looks like it is for this generation systems only. I guess we can argue later and keep our systems. Actually Saints Row 4, DOA 5, Lego Marvel Universe and Brothers were all fun games I demo'ed at e3 today for this gen systems. Bayonetta 2, DK, New Luigi, the New Sonic, a new PS4 FPS and Killer Instinct were the games I really enjoyed for next gen systems.

DotUKings
June 14th, 2013, 10:59 AM
How you saw the Xbox One and not fell in love with Titanfall is surprising. Unless you're just not that into fps titles?

Everything Nintendo showed were the same rehashed titles, literally. Wind waker hd? Even their own dev thinks its stale and old.

Like I said, technology is moving forwards, not backwards.

SuperCalo2000
June 14th, 2013, 11:34 AM
I didn't get a change to play Titanfall. Loooong line. I was lucky to play some games. It looks good though. Not a huge FPS fans but I play on occasion. I just didn't want to sing the praises of a game I didn't get to play. It does look good.

If you are a fighting game fan you will love Killer Instinct. UUUUUUUUUuuuuulllllttttraaaa COMBOOOOOOO !

I give you WindWaker. Not a fan of that one. I did enjoy Bayonetta 2, the new Donkey Kong, Sonic and Luigi games though.

DotUKings
June 14th, 2013, 08:04 PM
I didn't get a change to play Titanfall. Loooong line. I was lucky to play some games. It looks good though. Not a huge FPS fans but I play on occasion. I just didn't want to sing the praises of a game I didn't get to play. It does look good.

If you are a fighting game fan you will love Killer Instinct. UUUUUUUUUuuuuulllllttttraaaa COMBOOOOOOO !

I give you WindWaker. Not a fan of that one. I did enjoy Bayonetta 2, the new Donkey Kong, Sonic and Luigi games though.

I think bayonetta 2 is beautiful, but doesn't it seem a little to devil may cry?

SuperCalo2000
June 15th, 2013, 12:16 AM
a little. It has a certain quality all its own though. I enjoyed it. If I had a WiiU, I would definitely pick it up.

Ninja Gaiden Z... That was a fun demo. I don't know if they can hold that fun over a whole game but I'm more than happy to find out. Definitely an old-school hack and slash. I enjoyed it the most.

DotUKings
June 15th, 2013, 10:58 AM
a little. It has a certain quality all its own though. I enjoyed it. If I had a WiiU, I would definitely pick it up.

Ninja Gaiden Z... That was a fun demo. I don't know if they can hold that fun over a whole game but I'm more than happy to find out. Definitely an old-school hack and slash. I enjoyed it the most.

I guess the question keeps coming back, are there any real titles that makes you go purchase a Wii U. For me, not yet.

SuperCalo2000
June 15th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Basically. I enjoyed playing them and if I didn't have a 360, I'd consider it. Maybe once Smash Bros comes to the system and I played most of the 360 games I want to get through first.

Melfice
June 15th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Consoles are for the weak! TRUE gamers know where the real gaming action is....on the PC platform!!! :hockey2:

DotUKings
June 16th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Consoles are for the weak! TRUE gamers know where the real gaming action is....on the PC platform!!! :hockey2:

I also do a lot of pc gaming. Mouse and keyboard any day, unless its a sports game. Or MMO.

LOSTcauseZERO
June 16th, 2013, 12:54 AM
How you saw the Xbox One and not fell in love with Titanfall is surprising. Unless you're just not that into fps titles?

I have a different interpretation of first person shooter then. Titanfall is a first person (in a robot suit) shooter. I'll stick with Battlefield and Call of Duty. Those titles being first person (not wearing robot suits) shooters.

DotUKings
June 16th, 2013, 12:16 PM

I have a different interpretation of first person shooter then. Titanfall is a first person (in a robot suit) shooter. I'll stick with Battlefield and Call of Duty. Those titles being first person (not wearing robot suits) shooters.

Well technically the Titan suits are one aspect of the game. A majority is spent as a pilot who is just an infantry type.

Battlefield is machine vs man as well. So I'm not really getting your point here. What's the difference between a robot suit or an m1-a?

LOSTcauseZERO
June 16th, 2013, 09:44 PM
A majority is spent as a pilot who is just an infantry type.

Battlefield is machine vs man as well. So I'm not really getting your point here. What's the difference between a robot suit or an m1-a?

So is he a pilot or an infantryman? He can't be both. Titanfall is man in robot suit vs. machine. Battlefield is infantryman (with firearms that actually exist) vs. infantryman (with firearms that actually exist) or man in machine (ones that actually exist) vs. man in machine (ones that actually exist).

TooCool
June 17th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Titanfall comes out for the 360 and PC also. So I can just get it for the 360 and still buy the PS4. :woot: lol

TooCool
June 17th, 2013, 09:52 AM
The bright side is that games will still be $60 bucks. I was afraid they would get greedy and charge $70-80 for the 4th generation.

Microsoft Reveals The Price of Xbox One Games - IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/17/microsoft-reveals-the-price-of-xbox-one-games)

Dexter
June 17th, 2013, 11:13 AM
They should have gone down to $50 to make some people think about switching ;)

Conglaturation
June 17th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Xbox and PS LGK DeathSquads unite on the PS4!!

Maddogg420
June 17th, 2013, 04:11 PM
I'm not really geeked for either of the next consoles for probably a year or two after their release.
Reasons include:(in no particular order)
1: bugs. Don't tell me there won't be any. Waited a bit to buy the 360, never had a problem.
2: library. There arent any games coming out on release that I'm super jazzed about(except maybe BF4) and I will in all likelihood still want to play fallout/skyrim/ other games in my 360 library over the course of the next couple years.
3: money. Xbone is 500 dollars? PS4 at 400 is a bit more reasonable, but a year or two out newer versions with more capacity etc will be released for the same price.
4:need. Seems to me consoles are really pushing to be more of a media hub, a la TiVo or Apple TV. Since I already have these things it seems redundant to purchase another one when all I need is a gaming console.

And that's about it. I have more specific beefs with the xbone(really guys? The list of restrictions seems as long as the list of features. Aren't I the consumer?) but there are gonna be some sick games coming out.

... Which lead me to...
6:full potential. If things work out the same way as the 360, the newest games for the consoles won't take full advantage of the technology. See elder scrolls:oblivion vs. Skyrim. Same console, radically different experience.

RoyalSubject
June 17th, 2013, 04:59 PM
I'm not really geeked for either of the next consoles for probably a year or two after their release.

Same here. I just replaced my 360 a little over a year ago. I'll be waiting until prices come down, and my 360 is a bit longer in the tooth. That will also ensure that I'll have a whole list of "bargain priced" games to play. It pays to be a few years behind the curve.

6:full potential. If things work out the same way as the 360, the newest games for the consoles won't take full advantage of the technology. See elder scrolls:oblivion vs. Skyrim. Same console, radically different experience.

There's no room for that kind of logic in this Xbox bashing thread.

You are correct though. It's a matter of programming library maturity. When a platform is new, there aren't many libraries available for it. The longer a platform is around, the longer developers have to build better libraries and get more out of the hardware.

Maddogg420
June 18th, 2013, 07:19 AM
I don't mean to bash the Xbox1. Who knows, maybe it'll be epic.

DotUKings
June 18th, 2013, 10:19 AM
I don't mean to bash the Xbox1. Who knows, maybe it'll be epic.

It's ok I think he was implying you were actually being logical, not just bashing the X1.

Launch titles are always behind the curve in terms of utilizing the full potential of any hardware. You are absolutely correct.

I don't care one bit about MS and their online protection they are implementing. I for one see no difference between this and picking out a new cell phone. Verizon owns your phone, number, life. Yet idiots stand in line for the latest iPhone which tracks your every single move. Or the galaxy s4 which watches your eyes. F

RoyalSubject
June 18th, 2013, 10:40 AM
It's ok I think he was implying you were actually being logical, not just bashing the X1.

Indeed, I was.

TooCool
June 18th, 2013, 10:49 AM
The bashing is warranted because they're asking for it. I'm not a fanboy and have never taken sides either. I just feel betrayed by Microsoft. Will I enjoy the 360 for another year or longer? You bet. But I hope they fail, miserably.

But as for what you guys are talking about. I agree completely. Launch titles are always "the worst" as better games will come out later. This especially applies for sports games. The very first ones out for the new consoles are always terrible.

That's why it's kind of funny to see people in such a hurry to pre-order the new systems too. I would rather just wait for the first price drop and possibly a newer/better model of the system.

Pucker25
June 18th, 2013, 01:32 PM
But as for what you guys are talking about. I agree completely. Launch titles are always "the worst" as better games will come out later. This especially applies for sports games. The very first ones out for the new consoles are always terrible.

That's why it's kind of funny to see people in such a hurry to pre-order the new systems too. I would rather just wait for the first price drop and possibly a newer/better model of the system.

Exactly my thinking too. I've never understood the benefit of being an early adopter. You basically end up spending more money to be a beta tester.

Ecktore
June 18th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Jost posting this here:

Will new legislation mean warning label for Xbox One? | Games Blog - Yahoo! Games (http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/legislation-mean-warning-label-xbox-one-183419318.html)

RoyalSubject
June 18th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Jost posting this here:

Will new legislation mean warning label for Xbox One? | Games Blog - Yahoo! Games (http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/legislation-mean-warning-label-xbox-one-183419318.html)

Great. Hope they do this. They should be targeting smart phones, tablets, and laptops as well.

LOSTcauseZERO
June 18th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Companies would also need to provide a camera-free service at the customer's request Quoted from the article.
If that is the case, then Microsoft needs to un**** the XboxOne.

pb2k
June 19th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Microsoft reversed pretty much all of their stupid DRM today.

http://majornelson.com/2013/06/19/your-feedback-matters-update-on-xbox-one/

Shaddy
June 19th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Still won't be getting it, if they drop the price and match ps4 then maybe..

No more always online requirement
The console no longer has to check in every 24 hours
All game discs will work on Xbox One as they do on Xbox 360
Authentication is no longer necessary
An Internet connection is only required when initially setting up the console
All downloaded games will function the same when online or offline
No additional restrictions on trading games or loaning discs
Region locks have been dropped

TooCool
June 19th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Microsoft reversed pretty much all of their stupid DRM today.

Xbox Live's Major Nelson ? Your Feedback Matters – Update on Xbox One : (http://majornelson.com/2013/06/19/your-feedback-matters-update-on-xbox-one/)

As a fan of video games, this is awesome to hear. However, I think the backlash was too much and they realize that, which is why they are trying to recover their losses.

Besides, what is going to stop them from changing their mind again a few months after the console is released? This was their original plan after all... am I right? What if this is their last resort kind of idea to get fans to change their minds, buy the Xbox One and then have them turn another 180? Granted, those are "what if" scenarios, but again.. this is Microsoft we're talking about. The same company that said, "Deal with it" and "buy a 360 if you want to play offline".

Time will tell. Either way, the fans have spoken and this is good news for all the gamers in the world. I'm still however, making the switch. Too little too late Microsoft. Thanks anyway.

Dexter
June 19th, 2013, 03:15 PM
http://abload.de/img/1805oj1u.png

Palffy3314
June 19th, 2013, 04:00 PM

I see your point and agree for the most part, but I got a PS3 a month after they came out (60gb) and in my opinion, that's still the best version of the PS3. I could play my PS1 and PS2 games on it and do anything a newer PS3 could. Unfortunately it crapped out on me sometime in late 2011, but 5 years of the first version of a console with that kind of power isn't bad. It probably would have lasted longer had I not let other people use it over the years, lol.

Also, good to see Microsoft dropping that DRM crap.

Homer Simpson
June 19th, 2013, 04:17 PM
The Kinect is the deal breaker for me, I do not want a camera and a microphone recording me. I did not care too much about the always on and the disc sharing but I understand why people were against it. Kill the Kinect and I will purchase a XB1.

santiclaws
June 19th, 2013, 05:12 PM
The Kinect is the deal breaker for me, I do not want a camera and a microphone recording me.Do you own a piece of tape?

SuperCalo2000
June 19th, 2013, 05:35 PM
If only it were that easy. That thing is like the Predator. it can sense your heartbeat and hear as well.

As for the 180... Hahahaha !!! About time MS came to their senses.

Homer Simpson
June 19th, 2013, 05:36 PM
But the Kinect comes with an IR camera, will this magical piece of tape stop Bill Gates from watching me dance naked to Lady Gaga on Wednesday nights?

NastiMarvasti
June 19th, 2013, 05:42 PM

I see your point and agree for the most part, but I got a PS3 a month after they came out (60gb) and in my opinion, that's still the best version of the PS3. I could play my PS1 and PS2 games on it and do anything a newer PS3 could. Unfortunately it crapped out on me sometime in late 2011, but 5 years of the first version of a console with that kind of power isn't bad. It probably would have lasted longer had I not let other people use it over the years, lol.

Also, good to see Microsoft dropping that DRM crap.

Yup, that's the version I still use and it is definitely the best one. That's the main reason I'm considering the pre-order.

TooCool
June 19th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Do you own a piece of tape?

You can stop them from watching, but you can't stop them from listening. Unless you really want to unplug your Xbox One every single time when you're done playing.

orpheus
June 19th, 2013, 08:37 PM
But the Kinect comes with an IR camera, will this magical piece of tape stop Bill Gates from watching me dance naked to Lady Gaga on Wednesday nights?

Do you make a poker face? :P

Shaddy
June 19th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Taken from reddit:

Microsoft: ''DRM is the future!''
Sony: ''No, it's not.''
Microsoft: ''DRM is NOT the future!''

http://gyazo.com/54cef8c8d9cd6ce2593139adf099c3a1.png

TooCool
June 20th, 2013, 12:59 PM
kaos posted this in the random picture thread. I tried it out and it's real... lol

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/science/binggoogle.jpg

Pucker25
June 21st, 2013, 12:33 PM
kaos posted this in the random picture thread. I tried it out and it's real... lol

Its weird that if you do the same comparison without "the", the results in bing are more negative than google

TooCool
June 25th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Xbox One Will Not Include a Headset - IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/25/xbox-one-will-not-include-a-headset?abthid=51c9dfd4315d3d0a20000010)

Looks like the headset isn't included this time around. That sucks. Stupid Kinect.

I have to admit though, it does look much nicer than the 360.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/06/Xbox-One-Headset-610x610.jpg

Wonder how much it'll cost.

RoyalSubject
June 25th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Xbox One Will Not Include a Headset - IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/25/xbox-one-will-not-include-a-headset?abthid=51c9dfd4315d3d0a20000010)

Looks like the headset isn't included this time around. That sucks. Stupid Kinect.

I have to admit though, it does look much nicer than the 360.

Wonder how much it'll cost.

I think my 360's headset is still in the plastic bag it shipped in. I must be the last gamer on Earth that doesn't care for playing online, except for MMO-RPGs.

Speaking of which, I'm pretty stoked about Elder Scrolls Online for the x1. I really miss WoW sometimes, but I can't bring myself do all that grinding anymore when it's clear Blizzard doesn't really care that much about PVP. I'm hoping Elder Scrolls fills that gap for me.

RoyalSubject
June 26th, 2013, 01:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upd4tGqWmzA

Text summary for those who don't want to watch the video. (http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1h2qxn/xbox_one_vs_ps4_memory_subsystems_compared/caqdheg)

Boozehound
June 26th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Once I do buy a next gen console, which won't be until NHL15. Pretty sure I'm sticking with Xbox now that they have removed their stupid DRM.

TooCool
July 1st, 2013, 10:10 AM
Once I do buy a next gen console, which won't be until NHL15. Pretty sure I'm sticking with Xbox now that they have removed their stupid DRM.

See you on the PS4 then :)

TooCool
July 11th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Fans Petition for Microsoft to Restore Original Xbox One Policies - IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/11/fans-petition-for-microsoft-to-restore-original-xbox-one-policies)

Those fans are morans.

Conglaturation
July 11th, 2013, 08:48 PM
I'll definitely sign that petition ;)

BIG JOE
July 12th, 2013, 09:48 AM
http://oi40.tinypic.com/2zp8ly9.jpg

DotUKings
July 15th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Well I've gone and done it. Preordered both systems. I just couldn't resist with my new tv as well. Here's to nextgen everyone.

SuperCalo2000
July 15th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Well I've gone and done it. Preordered both systems. I just couldn't resist with my new tv as well. Here's to nextgen everyone.

congrats. The new bungie and respawn studio games should keep you busy while I play Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts. Hahaha. Im not jealous or anything. You'll keep us posted when you get them I hope.

DotUKings
July 15th, 2013, 09:57 AM

congrats. The new bungie and respawn studio games should keep you busy while I play Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts. Hahaha. Im not jealous or anything. You'll keep us posted when you get them I hope.

I will definitely be keeping everyone updated. I'm very unbiased when it comes to the console wars and enjoy the fact I get to actually review and play games as part of my job.

I hope both systems are a great success and push one another to make great exclusive content on both sides.

rinkrat
July 15th, 2013, 10:18 AM
I only play one game, COD/MW, so I should get X-Box One?

TooCool
July 15th, 2013, 10:25 AM

I'm still planning on getting a PS4 and I plan on taking the LGK Death Squad with me!

RoyalSubject
July 16th, 2013, 04:47 PM
The main reason why I stick with xbox is because I like the controller so much more. It's far more ergonomic than the PS3 controller for my hands. Judging from the pictures of the new controllers, I expect I'll still like the x1's controller more than the PS4. I'll probably wait until NHL 15 comes out to buy next gen.

rinkrat
July 17th, 2013, 09:18 AM
I'm still planning on getting a PS4 and I plan on taking the LGK Death Squad with me!

That's all I need to know!

DotUKings
July 17th, 2013, 09:58 AM

I think the launch lineup for PS4 is well below mediocre!

TooCool
July 17th, 2013, 10:32 AM
I think the launch lineup for PS4 is well below mediocre!

Launch lineup sucks for both consoles. I didn't pre-order either one. But I'm just telling RinkRat that I'll be making the switch to the PS4 sometime in 2014. (Maybe even 2015.)

TooCool
July 29th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Accessory prices announced and it's gonna be ugly.

Xbox One Controller, Headset, and Play and Charge Kit Priced - IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/29/xbox-one-controller-headset-and-play-and-charge-kit-priced)

The Xbox One's wireless controller will cost $59.99, and adding the Play and Charge Kit will set you back a total of $74.99. If you just need an extra charge kit, that will cost $24.99. Lastly, the Chat Headset is priced at $24.99, which you may want since Microsoft won't be including a headset with the Xbox One.

Each of the Xbox One accessories cost $10 more than Microsoft's current price for their Xbox 360 counterparts.

I just bought a new 360 controller at Best Buy last Friday because it was on "sale". Normal price of 50 bucks, it was 40. Still pricey as hell but these controllers are freaking fragile. I don't ever throw my controllers and I always keep it in the best condition possible.

It's just with Call of Duty, I click on the left thumbstick to run so much that well, that part tends to break more often than not. It just clicks and then my character stops moving. The same thing with NHL games, I use the poke check button so much that my right bumper stops working.. lol. Even though I'm only replacing my controllers at least once every 8-10 months, it just adds up big time.

I won't be surprised if the Playstation 4 controllers will cost just as much. I'm just sad that these companies are trying to squeeze every last penny out of us every chance they get. The bottom line is... a controller should not cost as much as a new video game. That's just ridiculous.

Dexter
July 29th, 2013, 10:23 AM
I wouldn't say they are fragile... They survive many wall attacks during Call of Duty.

DotUKings
July 29th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Accessory prices announced and it's gonna be ugly.

Xbox One Controller, Headset, and Play and Charge Kit Priced - IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/29/xbox-one-controller-headset-and-play-and-charge-kit-priced)

The Xbox One's wireless controller will cost $59.99, and adding the Play and Charge Kit will set you back a total of $74.99. If you just need an extra charge kit, that will cost $24.99. Lastly, the Chat Headset is priced at $24.99, which you may want since Microsoft won't be including a headset with the Xbox One.

Each of the Xbox One accessories cost $10 more than Microsoft's current price for their Xbox 360 counterparts.

I just bought a new 360 controller at Best Buy last Friday because it was on "sale". Normal price of 50 bucks, it was 40. Still pricey as hell but these controllers are freaking fragile. I don't ever throw my controllers and I always keep it in the best condition possible.

It's just with Call of Duty, I click on the left thumbstick to run so much that well, that part tends to break more often than not. It just clicks and then my character stops moving. The same thing with NHL games, I use the poke check button so much that my right bumper stops working.. lol. Even though I'm only replacing my controllers at least once every 8-10 months, it just adds up big time.

I won't be surprised if the Playstation 4 controllers will cost just as much. I'm just sad that these companies are trying to squeeze every last penny out of us every chance they get. The bottom line is... a controller should not cost as much as a new video game. That's just ridiculous.

It's not like these are NES controllers though. When you look at the price of a console controller versus a mouse or keyboard for computer gaming, I'd it's all pretty even really.

RoyalSubject
July 29th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Suddenly the price of an Evil Controller doesn't seem so outrageous.

Vargsmal
July 31st, 2013, 03:51 PM
I think I'm giving up on consoles now. These cash grabs are just getting (already are) really ridiculous.

DotUKings
August 1st, 2013, 08:36 AM
I think I'm giving up on consoles now. These cash grabs are just getting (already are) really ridiculous.

Lol cash grabs? So you don't use a mouse and keyboard with a computer?

It's $10 more for something that was previously built and priced when bush was in office.

SuperCalo2000
August 1st, 2013, 12:39 PM
You also have to factor in the extras in tech on the controller. They also sell the systems at a loss, probably break even (or make a small profit) on accessories and of course make their cash on games. Sure its a lot of cash but it's not $100.

Shaddy
August 5th, 2013, 04:28 PM
So I pre ordered the Day One Edition... Guess I'm getting both consoles on release :)

DotUKings
August 5th, 2013, 06:36 PM
So I pre ordered the Day One Edition... Guess I'm getting both consoles on release :)

From one gamer to another, enjoy!

TooCool
August 5th, 2013, 09:12 PM

Cool, but just wondering... what did Microsoft do to make you change your mind?

Shaddy
August 5th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Cool, but just wondering... what did Microsoft do to make you change your mind?

Well for the most part, basically all of my real life friends and xbl friends are getting it. Which means I have people to play with. And i really like the new things the Xbox one can do now like smart matchmaking, which no more waiting in lobbies while searching for a match, one can now be on the Xbox dashboard or watch movies at the same time.
I really like how there is no more mini dashboard menu, now the dashboard can run at the same time you are playing.
And they clocked up the GPU, which means games will render much faster now.

Can't wait to get both consoles.

DotUKings
August 6th, 2013, 02:16 PM
No matter what you win. Which is really what gaming should be about. Console wars are marketing tools.

TooCool
August 6th, 2013, 10:52 PM
No matter what you win. Which is really what gaming should be about. Console wars are marketing tools.

I agree. As long as you have a ton of fun with whatever you're playing, it's all gravy. The ones that take sides are extremely stupid anyway. I wonder if they take sides when it comes to other brands like Pepsi/Coke and things like that... sounds pretty silly in the end.

SuperCalo2000
August 6th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Coke is waaaaaay better than Peksi. As for consoles, I bought the one I like better this gen. I may not buy next gen. None have wowed me yet. WiiU kinda came close. Ill milk this gen dry and enjoy. Get the system with the games you want is a good rule of thumb.

Shaddy
August 8th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Here ya go:
Xbox One Unboxing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbrmAsxJPv4

LetTigerIn
August 8th, 2013, 12:10 PM
This thing looks hideous.

Fropitar
August 8th, 2013, 07:06 PM
I'll be getting XBone (giggity).

After they made changes I decided for certain to go that route. All my friends will be on there, it comes with Kinect which is handy for a few close friends currently overseas that I communicate with. Also, I heard rumblings of a price reduction? Sony's best selling point was the non-subscription online use, but that's out the window with PS4. Not to mention the PS4 doesn't come with the Kinect equivalent, so the price point is moot for myself as I would need the PS4 camera.

I own both xbox and PS3 the only issues ive had are as follows:

XBox: Red rings, which I was able to fix via tech support.

PS3: Sony had all my CC info hacked and I was unable to use it online for Roughly 2-3 months.

Boozehound
August 8th, 2013, 07:59 PM
I too am sticking with the XBone. I like all the additional functions that it provides with the TV. Adding the headset is nice, but they will be offering adapters for my turtle beach so that's even better. That and I really do not like Sony. Have always had terrible experiences with their stuff. It all works great for about a week and then rapidly starts to fall apart.
At least MS will fix their mistakes(RROD), Sony does not(horrible optical lasers).

TooCool
August 8th, 2013, 08:31 PM
I too am sticking with the XBone. I like all the additional functions that it provides with the TV. Adding the headset is nice, but they will be offering adapters for my turtle beach so that's even better. That and I really do not like Sony. Have always had terrible experiences with their stuff. It all works great for about a week and then rapidly starts to fall apart.
At least MS will fix their mistakes(RROD), Sony does not(horrible optical lasers).

I'll miss you. =[

Boozehound
August 9th, 2013, 03:06 AM
I'll miss you. =[

You still have plenty of time to change your mind.

pb2k
August 12th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Xbox One won't require plugged-in Kinect, Whitten says | Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/12/xbox-one-wont-require-plugged-in-kinect-whitten-says/)

Now how long before they are selling it without the kinect for the same price as the ps4?

RoyalSubject
August 12th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Xbox One won't require plugged-in Kinect, Whitten says | Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/12/xbox-one-wont-require-plugged-in-kinect-whitten-says/)

Now how long before they are selling it without the kinect for the same price as the ps4?

This piece of info cements my decision to go with the X1 over the PS4. I never use Kinect on my 360 and regret purchasing it. I don't want it on my next system either.

FTR: I have nothing against the PS4. Xbox controllers have just always fit my hands better.

TooCool
August 12th, 2013, 05:54 PM

That's great news. It's definitely a game changer (no pun intended).

I'm still planning to switch and I'll tell you guys why. Even though Microsoft is showing that they're finally listening to fans, they are also proving that they are complete liars.

- They originally said that the Kinect wasn't going to spy on you. But it will watch AND listen to you. (Provided that it's plugged in now)
- They claimed that the Xbox One needed Kinect to function and if you unplugged it, it wouldn't work. That's why it was included with the system. Now they say you don't need it.
- They insisted that DRM was necessary and could not be turned off because and that we should "deal with it." Now they turned it off.
- They didn't want to include a headset with the system and now they changed their minds and will include one. (Though this is actually good. It saves people about 20 bucks.)

So yeah... I don't know. I don't trust them anymore. While it's great that they're reversing this and that, they're also lying to our face left and right. I still think they're going to pull a fast one on people and turn DRM back on with an online update. If they were able to "deactivate it" so easily, they could easily re-activate it too. And by then, they're thinking people won't really care or will have to live with it since they already invested so much into the system + games.

But above all else, the biggest deal breaker is still the fact that Xbox One requires mandatory game installs. When I buy my game, I like it on my disc. I don't see the point or the need to have to use the damn disc AND have it installed onto my hard drive before I can play it.

That's how I feel right now anyway. I do hope that a Kinect-less version comes out cheaper and if Microsoft holds up it reversed policies for a few years without making another 180 turn, then I'll consider buying it depending on what they have. For now, all this Xbox news is great stuff. Great for competition.

FTR: I have nothing against the PS4. Xbox controllers have just always fit my hands better.

I know exactly what you mean. Also the Xbox One controller finally improved on its D-Pad too. That part has always been inferior to the PS3's controller. But I agree, the Xbox controller feels way better overall. I think the PS4 tweaked their trigger buttons to make it seem more like the Xbox controller as well.

Edit: Fixed some grammar stuff.

LetTigerIn
August 12th, 2013, 06:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rIJmGj4g-s#at=59

RoyalSubject
August 12th, 2013, 06:57 PM
I think the PS4 tweaked their trigger buttons to make it seem more like the Xbox controller as well.

The triggers are one of the biggest problems with the PS3 controller for me. I don't like their positioning or that they're convex instead of concave like the 360's triggers. The "1" bumpers are too close and feel too similar to the "2" triggers on the PS3 controller as well. I'm never sure which my finger is on, and sometimes I hit both accidentally.

I also like the fatter hand holds on the 360 controller, but I could get used to thinner PS controllers if I had to.

Shaddy
August 12th, 2013, 11:47 PM
The triggers are one of the biggest problems with the PS3 controller for me. I don't like their positioning or that they're convex instead of concave like the 360's triggers. The "1" bumpers are too close and feel too similar to the "2" triggers on the PS3 controller as well. I'm never sure which my finger is on, and sometimes I hit both accidentally.

I also like the fatter hand holds on the 360 controller, but I could get used to thinner PS controllers if I had to.

Agreed, the PS3 controllers were so tiny. I mostly played DC universe on it so it was okay but having played the PS4 I can say Sony got the controller down this time. The controller is much thicker and very comfortable compared to the Xbox one due to the fact that it has a rubber like feel to it. The triggers seemed correctly placed finally, only issue I had was the option and Share buttons were too high up on the controller.

Good to see the Kinect not being required, I have no space in my tiny room to play it anyways so I might just leave it in the box.

I think I'm just more excited to use it as a DEV KIT. Being an aspiring video game developer, this will help me a ton. Me and my friend from high school have plans to use as a DEV kit to publish some of our games.

RoyalSubject
August 12th, 2013, 11:55 PM
I think I'm just more excited to use it as a DEV KIT. Being an aspiring video game developer, this will help me a ton. Me and my friend from high school have plans to use as a DEV kit to publish some of our games.

I was just looking at a Kinect and Arduino book a few weeks back. Hacking it to do something else is about the only way I'll get my $99 worth. I should probably look into that more.

Good luck with your games!

Shaddy
August 13th, 2013, 12:30 AM
I was just looking at a Kinect and Arduino book a few weeks back. Hacking it to do something else is about the only way I'll get my $99 worth. I should probably look into that more.

Good luck with your games!

Yeah I'm sure there are people who are planning to hack the Kinect again. There are some brilliant hacks that people have done for the 360 Kinect.

Thanks

Boozehound
August 13th, 2013, 12:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rIJmGj4g-s#at=59

This video wins the internet for today.

Shaddy
August 19th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Rumors going around that the Xbox one in europe will come with FIFA 14. Because of the big partnership between EA SPORTS and Microsoft Xbox.
Something to be revealed come gamescon

TooCool
August 20th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Rumors going around that the Xbox one in europe will come with FIFA 14. Because of the big partnership between EA SPORTS and Microsoft Xbox.
Something to be revealed come gamescon

Yep. FIFA 14 for people in Europe confirmed.

Gamescom: FIFA 14 Free With Every Xbox One Pre-Order in Europe - IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/20/gamescom-fifa-14-free-with-every-xbox-one-pre-order-in-europe)

The ones who actually care about soccer. I wonder if they'll announce anything for America. Probably unlikely since they're planning to make the most sales from the American market anyway.

Shaddy
August 20th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Yep. FIFA 14 for people in Europe confirmed.

Gamescom: FIFA 14 Free With Every Xbox One Pre-Order in Europe - IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/20/gamescom-fifa-14-free-with-every-xbox-one-pre-order-in-europe)

The ones who actually care about soccer. I wonder if they'll announce anything for America. Probably unlikely since they're planning to make the most sales from the American market anyway.

dammit no free game over here. Not fair, I love playing FIFA but if they announce Madden for us ill be pissed. I

Greedy Ms. Eh, I'm most likely going to sell my Day one edition on eBay :D

Shaddy
August 30th, 2013, 12:53 PM
I think i may have found the Xbox one's release date...

Major nelson tweeted this..http://gyazo.com/4c524274c8b5f856ae9b89c7af68b605.png

And in that link you could win an Xbox one from Mtn Dew and Doritos every two minutes starting...NOV 5th!

http://gyazo.com/db55b93b976a9f8212e9f8180afbc1e2.png

So if it's true, you heard it here first :D

TooCool
September 4th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Looks like Xbox One is coming out a week after PS4.

November 22nd. Xbox One Release Date Announced - IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/04/xbox-one-release-date-to-be-announced-today)

Shaddy
September 4th, 2013, 09:46 AM
That's actually a pretty good release date. A week before black friday, it will make people want it so bad, and prices will skyrocket on ebay. Hopefully they go for around $1000 bucks for the Day one edition so i can sell it and make profit then buy one again in the future.

If not then ill keep it.

rinkrat
November 12th, 2013, 06:39 PM
http://youtu.be/_1mfIg1I3zE

Shaddy
November 12th, 2013, 07:32 PM
http://gyazo.com/d20c41a7c76f2aa508bb50f5d4d9d134.png

Can't wait!!
Come Friday I also will be getting the PS4!!

Dexter
November 19th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Just like the PS4, Amazon will be opening up their stock for day ones tomorrow at 5 AM.

Amazon.com: Xbox One Console (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CMQTVK0/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00CMQTVK0&linkCode=as2&tag=operasport-20)

Boozehound
November 20th, 2013, 03:11 AM
I'm picking mine up when Watch Dogs is released.

TooCool
November 20th, 2013, 09:08 AM
I'm picking mine up when watchdogs is released.

Spring/Summer 2014!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch-dogs-delayed-to-spring-2014/1100-6415591/

Ubisoft's next-generation open-world game Watch Dogs has been delayed to spring 2014. The game was previously scheduled to launch in November for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PC, and Wii U.

"Our ambition from the start with Watch Dogs has been to deliver something that embodies what we wanted to see in the next-generation of gaming," Ubisoft said in a statement. "It is with this in mind that we've made the tough decision to delay the release until spring 2014."

Boozehound
November 20th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Sounds about right when I was planning on getting anyway. (Unless there is some amazing bundle/price drop that shows up before hand.)

TooCool
November 21st, 2013, 09:22 AM
Here are the reviews for the Xbox One releases from IGN.

Game Reviews at IGN (http://www.ign.com/games/reviews?platformSlug=xbox-one&sortBy=score)

NBA 2K14 (Sports) - 8.9
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Shooter) - 8.8
Forza Motorsport 5 (Racing) - 8.8
Killer Instinct (Fighting) - 8.4
Dead Rising 3 (Action) - 8.3
Need for Speed Rivals (Racing) - 8.0
Madden NFL 25 (Sports) - 7.6
Powerstar Golf (Sports) - 7.0
Ryse: Son of Rome (Action) - 6.8
LocoCycle (Action) - 6.4
Crimson Dragon (Action) - 5.9

As expected, Ryse got a bad score too. Like Knack on the PS4, when they were showcasing this game at E3, my first impressions were... wow. It looks boring. Everyone said it was a QTE (Quick time event) game where all you do is press X and that seems to be the case even though they said it wasn't. ;)

But we all know launch games are just well, "launch games". It says a lot when the highest scores are the multi-platform ones like NBA2K14 and Call of Duty Ghosts. Everyone is better off just waiting 6-12 months before upgrading to next-gen.

Shaddy
November 21st, 2013, 12:20 PM
Ryse sucked balls. Having played it at SDCC it WAS boring. Same with Killer Instinct.

Only game i look forward to is Halo 5 and Dead Rising 3. Maybe BF4 but i already have that.

And those are IGN reviews LOL the most corrupt reviewer.

TooCool
November 21st, 2013, 02:53 PM
And those are IGN reviews LOL the most corrupt reviewer.

Which one is corrupt? Because if anything, I think Microsoft pays IGN for a good score. Gamespot gave Ryse a 4.0, IGN was generous enough to give it a 6.8.

Shaddy
November 21st, 2013, 03:36 PM
Which one is corrupt? Because if anything, I think Microsoft pays IGN for a good score. Gamespot gave Ryse a 4.0, IGN was generous enough to give it a 6.8.
Not the Ryse one but the Ghosts one. I saw that Activision pays them for good reviews.
Yeah Microsoft pays those companies for good scores as well, I forgot where i read it but they didn't want anyone to make a review of Ghosts on Xbox one cause there was something that could have ruined their reputation. Think it had to do with the graphics or picture resolution, i can't quite remember.

Dexter
November 22nd, 2013, 01:42 AM
It's metacritic is currently at 61. The game never looked like anything special an since it was a launch title, it was to be expected.

TooCool
November 22nd, 2013, 02:04 AM
Looks like the XBone can't read discs.. ouch. Granted it's only a handful of people or whatever. I feel bad for them but at the same time, they should all be expecting this with the Day One editions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hePpGBcPak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92KjJsntxGY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIzTX_NjVj8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO5IUmGKmVU#t=24

DotUKings
November 22nd, 2013, 08:10 AM
Not the Ryse one but the Ghosts one. I saw that Activision pays them for good reviews.
Yeah Microsoft pays those companies for good scores as well, I forgot where i read it but they didn't want anyone to make a review of Ghosts on Xbox one cause there was something that could have ruined their reputation. Think it had to do with the graphics or picture resolution, i can't quite remember.

Because it's 720p not 1080p. I don't see why that's Microsofts problem when they don't make CoD. They do make Forza 5 which runs in 1080p at 60fps.

DotUKings
November 22nd, 2013, 08:14 AM
Xbox One. Not xbone like some silly ps4 fanboy says. I'm trying to save you from looking ridiculous on the internet.

Also was it 4% of the ps4s that launched and couldn't even power on? Seems like both systems were rushed before beta was over.

Looks like the XBone can't read discs.. ouch. Granted it's only a handful of people or whatever. I feel bad for them but at the same time, they should all be expecting this with the Day One editions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hePpGBcPak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92KjJsntxGY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIzTX_NjVj8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO5IUmGKmVU#t=24

Shaddy
November 22nd, 2013, 10:19 AM
Because it's 720p not 1080p. I don't see why that's Microsofts problem when they don't make CoD. They do make Forza 5 which runs in 1080p at 60fps.
Because Activision and Microsoft have a partnership.
Just sucks that Forza is the only game running at 1080P @ constant 60FPS.

Deadrising 3 had trouble staying at 30FPS, it would keep dropping to the low 20s. Shows how much the X1 was rushed.

DotUKings
November 22nd, 2013, 10:58 AM
Because Activision and Microsoft have a partnership.
Just sucks that Forza is the only game running at 1080P @ constant 60FPS.

Deadrising 3 had trouble staying at 30FPS, it would keep dropping to the low 20s. Shows how much the X1 was rushed.

I completely agree. Though it's still fun watching how many zombies are on screen at once. Stinks it's just as average overall as every other dead rising.

Shaddy
November 22nd, 2013, 11:14 AM
I completely agree. Though it's still fun watching how many zombies are on screen at once. Stinks it's just as average overall as every other dead rising.
Yeah I only enjoyed playing the first DeadRising cause I had never played a game like that before. And it was the first demo i played when I bought a 360.
DR2 was a let down. Yeah it's amazing though how huge the map is in DR3, I will have to try the game though and see if it's as bad as the reviews are.

Shaddy
November 22nd, 2013, 11:20 AM
And my Day One just came in.

Setting it up now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZstOSFCUAEmZvW.jpg:large

rinkrat
November 22nd, 2013, 12:58 PM
Do any stores have them for sale?

Shaddy
November 22nd, 2013, 01:02 PM

Nope not for a while..
But there are reports of some stores actually having it in stock.

Here you go Kmart has some in stock... Microsoft Xbox One - Movies Music & Gaming - Xbox One - Xbox One Consoles (http://www.kmart.com/shc/p-018W006681567001P?sid=KAx20050801x13xSlickdeals&aff=Y&PID=4485850&AID=11042397)
BUt it's gonna be awhile

Shaddy
November 22nd, 2013, 01:03 PM

Nope not for a while..
But there are reports of some stores actually having it in stock.

Here you go Kmart has some in stock... Microsoft Xbox One - Movies Music & Gaming - Xbox One - Xbox One Consoles (http://www.kmart.com/shc/p-018W006681567001P?sid=KAx20050801x13xSlickdeals&aff=Y&PID=4485850&AID=11042397)
BUt it's gonna be awhile

Dexter
November 22nd, 2013, 05:30 PM
Microsoft Xbox One Pre-Order & In Stock Tracker - Day One Edition Pre-orders Available - NowInStock.net (http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/xboxone/)

Boozehound
November 22nd, 2013, 08:52 PM
Adam, you put far too much effort into a system you will not own, or will you?

Dexter
November 22nd, 2013, 09:30 PM
I was helping out my dawg, Rink Dawg.

Boozehound
November 22nd, 2013, 10:58 PM
Sure, sure.

Shaddy
November 23rd, 2013, 11:37 AM
I'm starting to dislike this console.
I have hated the joysticks since comic Con and still do.

Anybody wants to buy it let me know, have only BF4 with it

nocturn
November 29th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Anyone know WTB online?

Seems everyone is out of stock which is pretty lame since its only the busiest shopping day of the year.

Shaddy
November 29th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Anyone know WTB online?

Seems everyone is out of stock which is pretty lame since its only the busiest shopping day of the year.

You can't get one till probably December. Maybe.
GameStop had some but you had to go in store.
And even then it was a bundle only.

nocturn
November 29th, 2013, 09:36 AM
What was your actual issue with the controller, dude? Is it that different from the 360's controller?

Shaddy
November 29th, 2013, 12:48 PM
What was your actual issue with the controller, dude? Is it that different from the 360's controller?

Way smaller than the 360 one. The sticks are tiny compared to the 360.
It felt like how the PS3 controller was so small compared to the PS2.

The back triggers felt really weird. Just not very comfortable for me at all.

DotUKings
November 29th, 2013, 05:10 PM
The sticks are maybe 20% smaller. I think the controller is great. Feedback during forza is amazing.

Overall it's really not that much different.

Way smaller than the 360 one. The sticks are tiny compared to the 360.
It felt like how the PS3 controller was so small compared to the PS2.

The back triggers felt really weird. Just not very comfortable for me at all.

Shaddy
November 29th, 2013, 06:00 PM
The sticks are maybe 20% smaller. I think the controller is great. Feedback during forza is amazing.

Overall it's really not that much different.
Yeah it's different for everyone.

How did you like the new headset?
IMO felt kind of cheap compared to the 360 one but i did like the buttons where you can control the mute and volume.
Except i hated that they mixed party chat and game chat together.

DotUKings
December 1st, 2013, 08:28 AM
I use a turtle beach headset. The one included is junk except for the one feature you did mention.

I think the Xbox One is a great console, it's not as powerful as a ps4 but I can say it does everything really well. Next summer I'll be picking up a PS4 when there are some exclusive titles worth playing. I just love next-generation so far.

nocturn
December 11th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Finally found a console. Toys R Us just received a huge batch of them on the 8th, nationwide. The wifey ran down to our local store and picked one up for one of my Christmas goodies.

rinkrat
December 11th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Amazon and Best Buy have them in stock for shipping before the 24th.

Shaddy
December 12th, 2013, 07:43 PM
And gamestop also just released some as well.

I see them everywhere, but I still can't find myself another PS4 that is not a bundle. They are so rare.

nocturn
December 13th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Whats a good FPS or RPG out for the One right now? Im definately getting BF4 so you can right that off. What else?

nocturn
December 13th, 2013, 06:31 AM
And gamestop also just released some as well.

I see them everywhere, but I still can't find myself another PS4 that is not a bundle. They are so rare.

Seems Sony screwed up a little with such a limited release with no set 'large second batch'. The only folks making money on the PS4's are the tools selling them on CL and Ebay for $300-$500 more than the msrp. Sony is missing out on all that. Like I said, MS just sent out another 1 million units on the 8th. The Christmas market is primed right now.

Shaddy
December 13th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Seems Sony screwed up a little with such a limited release with no set 'large second batch'. The only folks making money on the PS4's are the tools selling them on CL and Ebay for $300-$500 more than the msrp. Sony is missing out on all that. Like I said, MS just sent out another 1 million units on the 8th. The Christmas market is primed right now.

yeah they did screw up. I guess they didn't want to rush more and have problems but still they will make so much money right now.
I took a look on eBay and cl and the process went up. except the Xbox one prices. I'll probably just wait to get another one when better bundles come out, I still need to build my PC.

Fropitar
January 7th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Got my Xbox One last week, and I'm loving it so far. Using the TV through it too. It's nice walking in from work and just saying "xbox on, watch tv, watch nhl network" as I walk by.

Looking forward to some decent game titles. Titanfall etc.

Love the apps/games running in the background. I can switch between Games/apps instantly.

The controller transition from xbox to xbox one was no problem for me. Had almost 0 affect on me.

nocturn
January 12th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Well, I've had the one up and running for just over a week now and so far, so good. Just wrapped up BF4 solo. Didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Too damn short man. It took all of 6 hours in normal and left me wanting more. I'm not a multiplayer guy. I prefer just kicking back and playing the solos. And the graphics don't seem that much more superior to the 360...yet.

I do like the new one interface though. Switching back and forth between tv, games and apps is cool. Voice command is also nice. Just wish there were more decent titles out. Thinking either AC 5 or DR 3 as my next purchase since Premium does nothing for BF4 single player campaign.

Ho-hum...

rinkrat
January 16th, 2014, 12:55 PM
I'm all in! I love the way you can change the channels by saying "Xbox NHL Channel" etc. Also I see more detail in Ghosts with mists, smoke etc. Went 20-2 on the first game while sniping in the castle map, so the gameplay seems fine. :)

Boozehound
January 19th, 2014, 12:09 AM
Officially joined the next generation. Setting it up right now.

TooCool
January 19th, 2014, 12:50 AM
Officially joined the next generation. Setting it up right now.

Hope you still have the 360 plugged in for NHL!

Boozehound
January 19th, 2014, 01:04 AM
Hope you still have the 360 plugged in for NHL!
Of course.

rinkrat
January 19th, 2014, 10:53 AM
My 360 is going into the trash.

BTW loving the zombie killing in Dead Rising 3.

nocturn
January 19th, 2014, 01:16 PM
My 360 is going into the trash.

BTW loving the zombie killing in Dead Rising 3.

Hey Mike, we should co-op on Dead Rising. I just started playing it last night. I'm getting killed by that dude in the China Garden. Lol

mikeneezy
January 22nd, 2014, 11:52 PM
Rink dawg and nocturn, add me for some DR3. Gamertag is mikeneezy320

rinkrat
January 24th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Hey Mike, we should co-op on Dead Rising. I just started playing it last night. I'm getting killed by that dude in the China Garden. Lol

It's all about the combo weapons! Also helps to have a survivor along and give them weapons and food. I haven't tried it on X-Box live because I know the little ****s would destroy me.

rinkrat
February 12th, 2014, 12:41 AM
Xbox Live's Major Nelson ? Xbox One Stereo Headset and Headset Adapter Details : (http://majornelson.com/2014/02/11/xbox-one-stereo-headset-and-headset-adapter-details/)

Ordered one of these adapters so I can talk smack.

Dexter
February 13th, 2014, 12:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP0_zm6fBdk

rinkrat
February 15th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Here is a one time use code for $20 off Ghosts. I already have it.

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Because you are a valued Amazon.com customer of the Xbox One, we wanted to let you know "Call of Duty: Ghosts" for the Xbox One is available with the below code at $39.99 for a limited time, when shipped and sold by Amazon.com.

Your individual claim code: 2ZVM-9KHY2S-ZF3QSP.

How to redeem your code:
1. Click the Redeem code button below to go to the "Call of Duty: Ghosts" page
2. Add "Call of Duty: Ghosts" for the Xbox One (shipped and sold by Amazon.com) to your Cart and click Proceed to Checkout
3. Paste the claim code above into the Gift Cards & Promotional Codes box on the Review Your Order page
4. Your discount will be applied at checkout

This code expires on February 28, 2014.

nocturn
February 27th, 2014, 05:00 PM
Rayman: Legends is a great platform game. Very fun!

nocturn
February 28th, 2014, 08:36 AM
Anyone else get the "Black Screen of Death" bug yet? I did last night.

Sleestak
February 28th, 2014, 09:00 AM
When you get the black screen, turn it off, unplug the power cord from the back of the xbox and let it sit for a minute or two, that will clear it right up.

nocturn
March 1st, 2014, 07:30 AM
Thanks man. Yeah, I googled it 5 seconds after I got hit. You can do a factory reset by holding down the button thingy for 10 seconds at boot up also.

I've decided to dump the xbone from main input. No more voice control. It's too glitchy for me. The thing just comes on out of nowhere and changes channels. It also has a hard time recognizing my Dtv, HD-DVR and controlling it. Plus, I want to run the 360 through it.

rinkrat
March 1st, 2014, 10:54 AM
I have mine on "Power Saver" mode or whatever and it seems to recognize me ok and turn everything on and off ok. I use the hand controls a lot it seems like.

nocturn
March 3rd, 2014, 08:49 AM
Mike, have you had your one just change channels out of nowhere? I was watching "Gravity" on Direct Tv PPV just last night when it went all channel changing on its own. Bizarre. Maybe I'm doing it with hand gestures and not knowing it.

Maybe it doesn't like my fap-fap-fapping!

rinkrat
March 3rd, 2014, 12:20 PM
I've had it do weird things like go to the menu etc. Not too often though. Seems to work great. All the things that I hated about XBox 360 are fixed, especially the drawer opening. I like buying games without having to wait for UPS too. :)

nocturn
March 3rd, 2014, 03:16 PM
Haha! Yeah, I asked the Kid at my local game stop "Do you have a second job you lined up? Ever heard of Blockbuster?"
He had no clue. Game console makers have gotten smart...cut out the middleman.

I notice if a combo of words that rhyme with "x box" are said, it turns on. Susan said "just watch" loudly and it turned off.

Boozehound
March 3rd, 2014, 08:39 PM
I would still rather have the physical disc, so I can sell it once I'm done with it. Digital downloads don't do that.

LOSTcauseZERO
May 15th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Using Sony's Playbook, Microsoft Will Attempt Xbox One's Turnaround - IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/13/using-sonys-playbook-microsoft-will-attempt-xbox-ones-turnaround?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook)

After reading this article, I am rethinking what console I will get. Getting rid of the Kinect bundle, and dropping the price, really does change things.

RoyalSubject
May 15th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Using Sony's Playbook, Microsoft Will Attempt Xbox One's Turnaround - IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/13/using-sonys-playbook-microsoft-will-attempt-xbox-ones-turnaround?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook)

After reading this article, I am rethinking what console I will get. Getting rid of the Kinect bundle, and dropping the price, really does change things.

I was never in doubt, but this announcement pretty much solidified the day that I'm buying mine. I have no desire to use a Kinect ever.

Maddogg420
May 16th, 2014, 04:54 AM
I still see no real compelling reason to purchase a next gen system at this point. While I'm certain that they are rad as all hell, I just have too much play time left in my 360. Plus there just doesn't seem to be enough compelling games available for next gen only to make the switch.

RoyalSubject
May 16th, 2014, 07:44 AM
I agree on the current lack of games. By the time that new Kinectless package is available though, there will be two released games that I want to play (Watchdogs and Titanfall), one only a few weeks away (Elder Scrolls Online - also the biggest reason I want to upgrade), and two more available in September (NHL 15 and Destiny). There's also a crap load of games due to come out for the Christmas season. I decided that's enough for me to make the switch.

nocturn
May 23rd, 2014, 06:33 AM
I agree on the current lack of games. By the time that new Kinectless package is available though, there will be two released games that I want to play (Watchdogs and Titanfall), one only a few weeks away (Elder Scrolls Online - also the biggest reason I want to upgrade), and two more available in September (NHL 15 and Destiny). There's also a crap load of games due to come out for the Christmas season. I decided that's enough for me to make the switch.

Add Wolfenstein to that list RS. Holy Crap is it fun.

RoyalSubject
May 23rd, 2014, 11:57 AM
Add Wolfenstein to that list RS. Holy Crap is it fun.

What kind of shooter would you say it resembles controls/physics wise? I'm not a huge fan of the genre in general, but the ones I like, I love. Halo is my absolute favorite.

rinkrat
May 23rd, 2014, 04:02 PM
Just bought Wolfenstein and Watchdogs!

nocturn
May 24th, 2014, 10:00 AM
What kind of shooter would you say it resembles controls/physics wise? I'm not a huge fan of the genre in general, but the ones I like, I love. Halo is my absolute favorite.
I'd consider it to be on par with the Battlefield series. It's super intuitive and easy to pick up on. Nothing really drastically different. The graphics are top notch on the xbone.

It's a great fps. I'm about 10 hours in and still enjoying the hell out of it.

Maddogg420
June 9th, 2014, 11:11 AM
I foresee us(wife and I) getting a next gen system in the future, but right now I can't justify the expense when combined with both the lack of intriguing titles and the amount of game time I expect to continue to log with my 360. Got titanfall on the 360 and enjoy that a lot, can anyone tell me the difference beyond graphics between the xbone and the 360 version? Personally I think it looks sick as hell on a 360. I still play Skyrim, will almost certainly play Fallout3/New Vegas again. The next borderlands game(which we love) is coming out on 360 only...

I know this is an xbox1 thread, but I can't help but feel like both next gen systems kind of jumped the gun in terms of release timing. I feel like they should have delayed release by a year or more. But that's probably just me.

TooCool
June 10th, 2014, 12:56 AM
Quick thoughts from Microsoft's press conference this morning.

- They had a good presentation this year. Showed a bunch of games. Honestly, nothing that "wowed" me, like last year. But what can ya do?
- Not one single mention of the Kinect. I'll admit, I'm shocked. They forced this down everyone's throat last year and now they turned another 180 on it.
- How many exclusive DLCs are they seriously going to get? I die a little inside every time they mention DLC and it seems like Microsoft paid the big $$$ to make sure Xbox One gets them first.

That's all I can remember right now. Too much Kings smashing the Rangers on my mind at the moment! But in my opinion, Microsoft did a much better job than Sony this year and I would dare say they "won" the press conference.

notbob
June 13th, 2014, 12:39 PM
People Are Complaining That A New Xbox Commercial With Aaron Paul Is Causing Their Xbox To Turn On

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/people-complaining-xbox-commercial-aaron-160607262.html

Matt Young
July 15th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Amazing deals at Rakuten.com! Courtesy Cheap Ass Gamer:

$13 off select titles. Use promo code TREAT4U*(New Customers Only) at checkout.*Shipping is free.

Prices after additional promo code:

*Call of Duty: Ghosts*(Xbox One) -*$5.99

http://www.rakuten.c.../251134455.html

*Madden NFL 25*(Xbox One) -*$9.99

http://www.rakuten.c.../251028425.html

*Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag*(Xbox One) -*$9.99

http://www.rakuten.c.../255200161.html

*Battlefield 4*(Xbox One) -*$14.99

http://www.rakuten.c.../251028421.html

CODE IS FOR ONE GAME ONLY PER NEW ACCOUNT! DEAL RUNS UNTIL 7/16!!!

TooCool
December 15th, 2014, 07:20 PM
Great deal for the Xbox peeps.

http://dealnews.com/Microsoft-Xbox-Live-2-Year-Gold-Membership-for-70-free-shipping/1229489.html

Altatac via Rakuten offers two Microsoft Xbox Live 12-Month Gold Memberships (24 months total) for $100. Check out via MasterPass and apply coupon code "MP30" to cut it to $70. With free shipping, that's the lowest total price we could find by $30.

Considering full price is 60 bucks per year, it is a mighty good deal.

RoyalSubject
December 15th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Damn, I totally forgot about this thread or I'd have posted this sooner.

I bought mine right before black friday through Amazon. $329.99 for the Assassin's Creed bundle. Amazon also sent me free download codes for Zoo Tycoon, Max - The Curse of the Brotherhood, and a code for a free year of Gold. None of those extras were mentioned in the product description, so I don't know if they still have the same deal going, but if anyone is thinking about buying one, I'd recommend going with Amazon. Looks like it's back up to $349, but if they are still including the extras, it's worth it for the year of Gold alone.