PDA

View Full Version : Clippers will cover all the Lakers championship banners from now on at Staples.

TooCool
October 20th, 2013, 01:32 AM
http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/LACLAL101913.jpg

Funny Doc Rivers. You're a funny guy.

"Listen, I think this is our arena when we play," Rivers said. "So I just thought it would be good that we show our guys. No disrespect to them. But when we play, it's the Clippers' arena as far as I know."

He does speak the truth though. It is your building too, so do whatever you want.

Y! SPORTS (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/clippers-coach-doc-rivers-makes-call-cover-lakers-193736203--nba.html)

Brandon
October 20th, 2013, 01:59 AM
They do pay the rent, so the time is theirs to decorate. With that said, it's not like everyone doesn't know what's behind the posters and why you did it. Indicates that you have something to be embarrassed about.

Luc SkyBomba
October 20th, 2013, 04:03 AM
love it, but u gotta know it's the celtic in doc behind this. cant wait til the laker fans bitch about it this season to distract themselves from being a lottery team.

4everking
October 20th, 2013, 09:11 AM
http://i.imgur.com/8MABkG2.jpg

Luc SkyBomba
October 20th, 2013, 09:41 AM
http://millercards.net/im_qd_large/qd850.jpg

TooCool
October 21st, 2013, 01:52 AM
Joke is going around that the Lakers should cover the Clippers Pacific Division banner.

I just hope the Clippers leave the Kings banners alone during their home games. =D

Cross Traffic
October 21st, 2013, 10:27 AM
You know the moment that Sterling dies, they are moving to Anaheim, Samueli will buy them and add them to the Ponda.

Luc SkyBomba
October 21st, 2013, 12:07 PM
Joke is going around that the Lakers should cover the Clippers Pacific Division banner.

I just hope the Clippers leave the Kings banners alone during their home games. =D

my friend sent me a pic the other night. kings banners are untouched!

Ice24
October 21st, 2013, 12:12 PM
I have no problem with it. It is a Clipper home game, they pay to play in Staples.

LetTigerIn
October 22nd, 2013, 02:22 PM
I clicked on this thread expecting to see what the punchline was going to be. I still don't quite believe it. Might remove a distraction, might be a distraction, time will tell.

I'm so torn about how good the Clippers are right now. On one hand, I've always wanted success for the Clippers. On the other hand, I really miss the days when a Clipper game would frequently degenerate into a mad scramble of turnovers and loose balls from both teams, regardless of the opponent. On one hand, if the Lakers are a longshot to contend, it's nice that the Clippers are right in the mix. On the other hand, Donald Sterling, 'nuff said.

In any case, if anyone was wondering, it's still hip to Clip.

TooCool
October 23rd, 2013, 12:59 AM
I can't believe I didn't think of this until I read it on a Laker board.

It's one thing to cover up the banners and jerseys because its your home arena and all. But what about the statues outside Staples? Are they going to hide Magic, Kareem, Jerry, and Chick? It's funny though to see both sides all up in arms about it. The funniest part is that both Lakers and Clippers fans don't know that they're renting it. The building belongs to the Kings... lol

Noble Savage
October 23rd, 2013, 01:11 AM
This wouldn't be a problem if they still played in the Sports Arena. . . or the San Diego Sports Arena. . . or the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium.

Also, weird little fact. . . did you know that you can make a good argument that the Clippers ARE the original Boston Celtics?

Luc SkyBomba
October 23rd, 2013, 10:33 AM
I can't believe I didn't think of this until I read it on a Laker board.

It's one thing to cover up the banners and jerseys because its your home arena and all. But what about the statues outside Staples? Are they going to hide Magic, Kareem, Jerry, and Chick? It's funny though to see both sides all up in arms about it. The funniest part is that both Lakers and Clippers fans don't know that they're renting it. The building belongs to the Kings... lol

i always thought it was weird when the kings put their jerseys over the laker statues... clippers never did that, they just used them to tie balloons haha

Luc SkyBomba
October 23rd, 2013, 10:36 AM
This wouldn't be a problem if they still played in the Sports Arena. . . or the San Diego Sports Arena. . . or the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium.

Also, weird little fact. . . did you know that you can make a good argument that the Clippers ARE the original Boston Celtics?

or if the lakers still played at the forum? or in minneapolis?

BIG JOE
October 23rd, 2013, 10:54 AM

or if the lakers still played at the forum? or in minneapolis?

Can't they just both leave so the Kings have better ice?

Dexter
October 23rd, 2013, 04:11 PM
Get rid of the crappy statues :)