PDA

View Full Version : MLB: The Official 2014 Angels thread

Melfice
February 8th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Time for the official season long thread to start! I hope the Angels have a good season, but I won't be counting any chickens just yet haha

TooCool
February 10th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Home opener on March 31st!

I checked out the promotions and it looks like they moved Big Bang Fridays over to Saturdays. I wonder why.

mitchrock
February 10th, 2014, 11:19 AM
It's weird, but I see my Yankees only coming in for one series against the Halos. Usually, it's twice a season. Angels/Yankees matchups are fun to watch. I feel gyped.

Melfice
February 10th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Yeah it's weird that NYY are here only once this season. But at least the Angels will win that series for sure :nutkick:

KingsFan1985
February 12th, 2014, 07:40 PM
It's weird, but I see my Yankees only coming in for one series against the Halos. Usually, it's twice a season. Angels/Yankees matchups are fun to watch. I feel gyped.

Yeah, and thanks to Jeter I have a feeling the ticket prices to that Yankees series just went up a little in value.

Cross Traffic
February 14th, 2014, 07:55 AM
RIP Jim Fregosi, 10 years with the Angels as a player and led them to their first AL West title as manager in 1979.

http://i.imgur.com/m6taXOI.jpg

LetTigerIn
February 14th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Jim Fregosi dies at 71; first star player in Angels history - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/obituaries/la-me-jim-fregosi-20140215,0,5504983.story#axzz2tJgDklak)

Melfice
February 15th, 2014, 11:37 PM
Angels veteran Mark Mulder ruptures Achilles tendon during workout, needs surgery | angels.com: News (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20140215&content_id=67822450&vkey=news_ana&c_id=ana)

Melfice
February 15th, 2014, 11:38 PM
Angels meet with city of Tustin to discuss stadium deal | angels.com: News (http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/news/article/ana/angels-meet-with-city-of-tustin-to-discuss-stadium-deal?ymd=20140215&content_id=67828812&vkey=news_ana)

TooCool
February 15th, 2014, 11:45 PM
RIP Jim Fregosi.

Angels meet with city of Tustin to discuss stadium deal | angels.com: News (http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/news/article/ana/angels-meet-with-city-of-tustin-to-discuss-stadium-deal?ymd=20140215&content_id=67828812&vkey=news_ana)

Tustin? Further south? Please don't do it.

Melfice
February 16th, 2014, 12:05 PM
What do you think TooCool? The Angels will be moving soon or not.

alexisyque
February 18th, 2014, 09:59 AM
What do you think TooCool? The Angels will be moving soon or not.
I'd be more comfortable seeing the team move than Moreno getting public money. This Tustin thing is just a way to make Anaheim nervous..just a big game to him. I'm betting the city caves in

mitchrock
February 18th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Anaheim needs the Angels. They have lost a lot of businesses the past few years to other cities in OC. Losing the Angels would be devastating.

alexisyque
February 18th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Anaheim needs the Angels. They have lost a lot of businesses the past few years to other cities in OC. Losing the Angels would be devastating.
If the Angels bounce, Disney would jump on that land in a heartbeat!

KingsFan1985
February 18th, 2014, 03:06 PM
If the Angels bounce, Disney would jump on that land in a heartbeat!

Exactly. Who owns Anaheim city hall? It's not Arte Moreno that's for sure.

The mayor has leverage here because another Disney theme park on that land would generate just as much money, if not more so than if the Angels just stayed in Anaheim. To be honest it's not sounding good that they will stay. A lot of what's going on right now in Anaheim sounds awful lot like what was going on back when the Dodgers decided to move out of Brooklyn. All that's missing is the sweetheart deal, and Tustin might give Moreno what he wants. Tustin is also not that much worst of location than Anaheim, for one thing the city is nicer than Anaheim.

Cross Traffic
February 19th, 2014, 07:40 AM
A stadium where MCAS Tustin used to be? The traffic would be gawd awful.

alexisyque
February 19th, 2014, 09:51 AM
The deal is ownership wants to lease the land for $1 for 66 years. Moreno wants to sign a contract saying he can leave after 20 years. He'd basically control over 100 acres of real estate for the next 46 years, without investing more than a buck.

IF this does go through, hopefully he uses the money he's saving to invest in some talent. Embarassing to be an Angels fan right now

TooCool
February 23rd, 2014, 02:32 PM
Source: Angels, Mike Trout talking monster extension (https://sports.yahoo.com/news/source--angels--mike-trout-talking-monster-extension-184204188.html)

So far they're discussing a 6 yr/150 million deal for Trout. He wants to get the deal done before the season starts as well.

I might be crazy but I was honestly expecting Trout to be in the 30 million a year range, not 25.

Ice24
February 23rd, 2014, 04:12 PM
Source: Angels, Mike Trout talking monster extension (https://sports.yahoo.com/news/source--angels--mike-trout-talking-monster-extension-184204188.html)

So far they're discussing a 6 yr/150 million deal for Trout. He wants to get the deal done before the season starts as well.

I might be crazy but I was honestly expecting Trout to be in the 30 million a year range, not 25.

If they don't get it done before the season, next season he will be a Yankee

Butch 19
February 23rd, 2014, 04:21 PM
A stadium where MCAS Tustin used to be? The traffic would be gawd awful.

good thing OC is building their centerline light rail project.

oh wait...

alexisyque
February 24th, 2014, 08:44 AM

IF they screw up the Trout deal, that's the nail in the coffin. I don't think the fans could forgive

TooCool
February 24th, 2014, 09:12 AM
IF they screw up the Trout deal, that's the nail in the coffin. I don't think the fans could forgive

I agree with you 100% on that one. Arte had better not **** this up.

mik999999
February 24th, 2014, 01:30 PM
I never saw we had an Angels thread on LGK. Nice to see other Kings/Angels fans rather than just the Kings/Dodgers ones I always hear.

Moreno should legitimately have one goal right now. He needs to make sure Trout never leaves the Angels. He has a talent that could go down in baseball history when its all said and done, he needs to make sure he is the Angel's Jeter and not the Mariners Arod.

KingsFan1985
February 25th, 2014, 10:25 PM
First pitch of spring training hasn't even been thrown, and the injuries have already started.

Angels' Josh Hamilton on crutches after straining calf - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-angels-notes-20140226,0,6681117.story#axzz2uOyFdhAo)

Melfice
February 26th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Damn bad news about Josh sigh

TooCool
February 27th, 2014, 09:08 AM
First pitch of spring training hasn't even been thrown, and the injuries have already started.

Angels' Josh Hamilton on crutches after straining calf - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-angels-notes-20140226,0,6681117.story#axzz2uOyFdhAo)

Expected. So dumb. =\

KingsFan1985
February 27th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Trout signs a deal with the Angels to become a millionaire. It's just not that contract we all want him to sign.

Mike Trout signs one-year, $1-million deal with Angels - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-mike-trout-angels-20140227,0,6522589.story#axzz2uYuK5CU4)

Also Blanton still sucks.

Angels might not keep Joe Blanton in their bullpen - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-angels-joe-blanton-bullpen-20140227,0,7908014.story#axzz2uYuK5CU4)

alexisyque
February 27th, 2014, 11:56 PM
Trout signs a deal with the Angels to become a millionaire. It's just not that contract we all want him to sign.

Mike Trout signs one-year, $1-million deal with Angels - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-mike-trout-angels-20140227,0,6522589.story#axzz2uYuK5CU4)

Also Blanton still sucks.

Angels might not keep Joe Blanton in their bullpen - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-angels-joe-blanton-bullpen-20140227,0,7908014.story#axzz2uYuK5CU4)

Typical halos news day: locking down Trout and having Blanton stick around.
Change the teams motto to "Anaheim. Close, but not quite."

KingsFan1985
March 4th, 2014, 12:11 PM
So I was at the box office yesterday getting my tickets for the first couple of months of the season when I noticed the Angels adopted some bizzare stock market price structure where most of the games will be priced according to their demand, but not all the games will priced according to this demand structure. So for example tickets to Mike Trout bobblehead night which is a regular season game during the opening series of the season will cost me $15 per tickets, but for the game versus the Dodgers on the 28'th which is a pre season game that never sells out it will cost me over $20 for the same seats. Reason being for that is games against certain teams like Dodgers, Yankees, or Red Sox will have a set minimum for which the tickets prices start at. If you go online they have totally different prices from the box office for certain games. It's all confusing and it's all crap. Either make all the games priced according to their demand, or don't do the demand price structure at all.

alexisyque
March 6th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Reason being for that is games against certain teams like Dodgers, Yankees, or Red Sox will have a set minimum for which the tickets prices start at. If you go online they have totally different prices from the box office for certain games. It's all confusing and it's all crap. Either make all the games priced according to their demand, or don't do the demand price structure at all.

They did that last season, too. That's what happens when you lay off 1/2 of your front office to "save money" and put the new kids in charge

KingsFan1985
March 8th, 2014, 11:42 AM
They did that last season, too. That's what happens when you lay off 1/2 of your front office to "save money" and put the new kids in charge

I had a mini plan last season so maybe that's why I didn't notice. I understand the change though, the box office has to keep up with the stubhubs and scorebigs of the world. I'm pretty sure this will be the norm for the entire sports world in a couple years.

IceDogsFan
March 28th, 2014, 07:52 PM
Mike Trout agrees to 6-year extension (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/10692095/los-angeles-angels-mike-trout-agree-six-year-extension)

I'm hearing 144 million

TooCool
March 28th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Mike Trout agrees to 6-year extension (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/10692095/los-angeles-angels-mike-trout-agree-six-year-extension)

I'm hearing 144 million

Wow!

Glad to hear it. Also surprised at the discount he gave us. This guy is easily worth 30+ mil a season.

Dawdler
March 28th, 2014, 09:32 PM
Wow!

Glad to hear it. Also surprised at the discount he gave us. This guy is easily worth 30+ mil a season.

thats a great deal for the Angels, Trout is a once in a generation player and I hope he stays with the Halos for longer than this 6 year contract.

KingsFan1985
March 28th, 2014, 11:01 PM
Wow!

Knowing the Angels I'm sure this backloaded up the A so he will get 30+ million probably in the last three years, but I can't complain. Worth every ********* penny!

KingsFan1985
March 28th, 2014, 11:04 PM
On a side note, the Pujols contract was precursor to a big TV deal. I wonder if this extension is a precursor to secure a new ballpark?

TooCool
March 31st, 2014, 04:13 PM
Opening Day today! Go Halos!!

Let's see if Pujols is really "back". Same goes for Hamilton.

Cross Traffic
March 31st, 2014, 10:46 PM
Wow, what the hell was that 8th inning? Seattle drops 6 to send 43,000 home unhappy.

TooCool
April 1st, 2014, 01:21 AM
Wow, what the hell was that 8th inning? Seattle drops 6 to send 43,000 home unhappy.

**** bullpen is ****.

Horrible. Embarrassing. Fire Scioscia already even though we're 2 seasons too late in that department.

On the bright side, glad to see Trout with a HR in his first at bat. Also good to see Pujols and Hamilton getting a hit. The rest of the team were MIA though.

TooCool
April 2nd, 2014, 11:49 PM
0-3 start. Absolutely pathetic.

Cross Traffic
April 3rd, 2014, 06:27 AM
Thanks for making the Mariners look much better than what they are.

Melfice
April 5th, 2014, 02:23 PM
0-3 start. Absolutely pathetic.

And when will they wake up and fire Mike S?!?!?! I'm not going to even watch the games until he is gone. I don't even think I'll go to the Big A anytime soon.

TooCool
April 5th, 2014, 03:48 PM
And when will they wake up and fire Mike S?!?!?! I'm not going to even watch the games until he is gone. I don't even think I'll go to the Big A anytime soon.

Great win last night. 11-1 is what the doctor ordered.

But what does Scioscia do today after a great win? He benches Calhoun for hitting a HR last night. You know what the really messed up part is? His reasoning for benching Calhoun tonight is because he doesn't want a lefty/lefty matchup. But get this, Calhoun hits leftys really well.

Just no logic. This is why I hate Scioscia.

Melfice
April 5th, 2014, 11:53 PM
Great win last night. 11-1 is what the doctor ordered.

But what does Scioscia do today after a great win? He benches Calhoun for hitting a HR last night. You know what the really messed up part is? His reasoning for benching Calhoun tonight is because he doesn't want a lefty/lefty matchup. But get this, Calhoun hits leftys really well.

Just no logic. This is why I hate Scioscia.

That's it man. Scioscia does not know how to use his team, or balance their weaknesses. He plays "his style" of baseball, and that's it. I don't understand why Scioscia is soo overrated, but I'm hoping the front office will wake up and fire him SOONER than later!

TooCool
April 7th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Only 7 games... but wow is Josh Hamilton locked in or what?

mitchrock
April 7th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Great win today. Just keep Hamilton away from celabratory shots and he'll be find.

aaron
April 8th, 2014, 01:35 AM
So baseball season started?

TooCool
April 8th, 2014, 08:05 AM
So baseball season started?

It has started for me. While the Kings remain a priority until their season ends, I have high hopes for this Halos team. So I'm excited about them this early in April.

Vargsmal
April 9th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Great win today. Just keep Hamilton away from celabratory shots and he'll be find.

away from shots, but not from first base. Out 6-8 weeks, torn UCL in thumb. He was "puig'ing" it.

TooCool
April 10th, 2014, 01:45 AM
Figures. Hamilton injured again.

At least the Halos finally beat the Mariners tonight.

TooCool
April 13th, 2014, 11:59 PM
It was raining HRs down at the Big A today.

TooCool
April 16th, 2014, 07:56 AM
Can we blow up our bullpen? Trade everyone in there for ball girls and bat boys. They're so useless.

aaron
April 16th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Definitely sticking to betting the 1st 5 innings if I bet the Halo's

Melfice
April 16th, 2014, 10:19 PM
Can we blow up our bullpen? Trade everyone in there for ball girls and bat boys. They're so useless.

Don't worry TooCool! All the Angels need to do is be like the Sucks...score a crap load of runs, and win the games :) Who cares if the pitching sucks ass haha

TooCool
April 25th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Damn, no one here congratulated Pujols on 500? I'm surprised he reached that mark in April this year, he usually waits until May to heat up.

As for the Halos. Frieri can fall in a deep dark hole and disappear for all I care. He must have cost Jered Weaver at least 2-3 wins this season alone already. I'm glad the Angels radio finally called out Scioscia by disagreeing with his stupid decisions. They usually defend him to no end.

mugs
April 25th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Damn, no one here congratulated Pujols on 500? I'm surprised he reached that mark in April this year, he usually waits until May to heat up.

As for the Halos. Frieri can fall in a deep dark hole and disappear for all I care. He must have cost Jered Weaver at least 2-3 wins this season alone already. I'm glad the Angels radio finally called out Scioscia by disagreeing with his stupid decisions. They usually defend him to no end.

It's tainted :muscle:

;)

TooCool
May 1st, 2014, 09:29 AM
Holy crap. The Halos finished April over .500 with a 14-13 record! For once we didn't start 7-20 or whatever.

Melfice
May 15th, 2014, 12:52 PM
WOW the Angels are over .500?!?! And had a great road trip of 5-1?!? Say it's not true!

Melfice
May 16th, 2014, 01:15 AM
Tonight's game was pretty sweet at the bottom of the 9th!

MLB.com Gameday | angels.com: Gameday (http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2014_05_15_tbamlb_anamlb_1&mode=recap&c_id=ana)

aaron
May 16th, 2014, 02:35 AM
hahaha I turned it off in the 8th.

TooCool
May 16th, 2014, 03:19 AM
Trout with his first career walk-off!

Though I cringed when I saw him jump onto home plate. He should know better.

aaron
June 6th, 2014, 07:44 PM
So much for that Pujols renaissance.

aaron
June 8th, 2014, 01:36 PM
So apparently, there was a 6 run 8th inning, including a Trout grand slam, for a comeback win.

It's like everyone was busy watching something else.

aaron
June 19th, 2014, 12:55 PM
****ing Frieri.
He and Ibanez need to get gone.

TooCool
June 19th, 2014, 02:10 PM
****ing Frieri.
He and Ibanez need to get gone.

Scioscia as well. This guy is as senile as ever.

aaron
June 19th, 2014, 02:43 PM
He drives me crazy occasionally, but he's not the worst as far as I can tell.
What kills me was a stat they showed the other day: Angels were first in making outs on the base paths. It's hard enough to get guys on base, but to lose them kills me.

Melfice
June 19th, 2014, 05:50 PM
I have yet to watch an Angels game this season...I might watch a few games now that hockey is over with

Rogie-Vachon
June 25th, 2014, 05:01 PM
Halos attempt to reach the magical 10 games over .500 level.
With the leagues worst bully - that's pretty amazing.

TooCool
July 8th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Pleasantly surprised at our record right now but Oakland refuses to lose. Thankfully, they tend to suck in the playoffs so I'm not worried.

LOSTcauseZERO
July 12th, 2014, 08:38 AM
I hate the A's. That is all.

TooCool
July 15th, 2014, 08:45 PM
:woot: Mike Trout, All-Star MVP and Home Field Advantage for the Halos in the World Series. Can't get any better. :champs:

P. Diddy
July 19th, 2014, 12:15 AM
Good luck with Huston Street
Love the guy but let's see how he does in the AL West

aaron
July 19th, 2014, 12:35 AM
I'm not expecting much.
San Diego has a history of having closers with inflated numbers go elsewhere and blow up. Between the ballpark and late night cold air, that park just kills offense.

Completely shocked that Scioscia actually pinch hit with Navarro. Must have been antsy to get to the post game spread.

P. Diddy
July 19th, 2014, 08:47 AM
You can't say Hoffman had inflated numbers...

KingsFan1985
July 19th, 2014, 11:30 AM
I'm not expecting much.
San Diego has a history of having closers with inflated numbers go elsewhere and blow up. Between the ballpark and late night cold air, that park just kills offense.

I think that's any pitchers that pitches at Petco, not just closers. Yeah I had a reaction of WTF when I heard it. Yeah he was just at the all star game, but I remember the first time around with the Angels Street was coming off an impressive run. But going back to what you were talking about closers and San Diego, didn't Frieri come from the Padres?

You can't say Hoffman had inflated numbers...

How many years did Hoffman pitch at Petco? I want to say not that many.

P. Diddy
July 19th, 2014, 11:40 AM
How many years did Hoffman pitch at Petco? I want to say not that many.

5 years give or take?

As a padres fan knowing nothing about the angels farm guys I feel the padres just robbed you. Maybe not this season but in 2 or 3 years?

KingsFan1985
July 19th, 2014, 12:57 PM
As a padres fan knowing nothing about the angels farm guys I feel the padres just robbed you. Maybe not this season but in 2 or 3 years?

Yeah, the Angel's GM (GMs) over the last few seasons have a real knack for making some really stupid trades where they trade away future all star players, but all is forgiven somehow because of the one prospect they didn't trade...Trout.

TooCool
July 19th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Having pitched for the Padres or not, Huston Street pitched for the A's and was damn good in the AL West. He'll fit right in.

Rogie-Vachon
July 20th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Special shout out to that tool - Fernando "crooked hat" Rodney, who shot his invisible arrow into the Halo dugout in the 8th inning.
Genius move really - Trout, Puljos, Hamilton up in the bottom of 9th.
So MVP gets on, scores on Albert's two bagger. After he slides, Trout shoots an arrow towards the Machine. Albert sends his own.
Angels score again, beat Seattle and Rodney. Way to bond an already hot club there 'Nando. Halos heading into bitch part of schedule / First place Baltimore, first place Detroit, now hot Tampa, Baltimore again - then 4 vs. first place Doyers.
If the Angels can survive the next 17 games, we can thank the crooked cap idiot closer for Seattle. Total d!ck move ~

TooCool
July 20th, 2014, 09:36 PM
Special shout out to that tool - Fernando "crooked hat" Rodney, who shot his invisible arrow into the Halo dugout in the 8th inning.
Genius move really - Trout, Puljos, Hamilton up in the bottom of 9th.
So MVP gets on, scores on Albert's two bagger. After he slides, Trout shoots an arrow towards the Machine. Albert sends his own.
Angels score again, beat Seattle and Rodney. Way to bond an already hot club there 'Nando. Halos heading into bitch part of schedule / First place Baltimore, first place Detroit, now hot Tampa, Baltimore again - then 4 vs. first place Doyers.
If the Angels can survive the next 17 games, we can thank the crooked cap idiot closer for Seattle. Total d!ck move ~

Rodney has always been a douche and was never good when he was a Halo. He deserved what he did. Funny stuff though.

TooCool
July 21st, 2014, 11:33 AM
Oh yeah, reminded me of this.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img842/8020/pil.gif

Melfice
July 21st, 2014, 06:45 PM
Wow the Angels are having a great season so far?!?! I have not even watched an Angels game for a few years now haha Maybe it's time to start watching them again!

KingsFan1985
July 31st, 2014, 09:31 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--red-sox-ace-jon-lester-traded-to-oakland-a-s-in-blockbuster-141808929.html

Wow! Just wow.

I must not get moneyball, because to me it appears Oakland just ****** itself.

TooCool
July 31st, 2014, 09:57 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--red-sox-ace-jon-lester-traded-to-oakland-a-s-in-blockbuster-141808929.html

Wow! Just wow.

I must not get moneyball, because to me it appears Oakland just ****** itself.

Yep. This is why Oakland never goes deep in the playoffs. Getting rid of Cespedes? Are you serious? Doesn't he have a cannon for an arm? Granted, he may be a little overrated but I think he has been a big reason for Oakland's success. You can stack up the pitching all you want, but I honestly think it's a little overrated. One bad start and you're ****ed, doesn't matter who you have on the mound because you *still* need offense.

And that's exactly what I'm counting on the Halos to do. Trout, Pujols, Hamilton are the big guns and if you get a solid outing from Weaver, Wilson, Richards, etc.. then you're fine.

The only concern is the stupid Wild Card and the 1 game playoff. We have to win the division and for some reason, I feel more confident than ever that the Halos will pull it off.

Melfice
July 31st, 2014, 10:00 PM
I think its because Oakland knows he will not resign with the team...so trade him away is the only option

TooCool
July 31st, 2014, 10:10 PM
I think its because Oakland knows he will not resign with the team...so trade him away is the only option

Yep. Either that or Oakland is doing the usual "We're too cheap to pay a star player in the making" thing as well.

Ice24
August 1st, 2014, 09:52 AM

There is no way Oakland would have been able to keep him. Better to trade him now. It is amazing to me what Oakland has done with such a minuscule payroll. You really have to give them their props and this is coming from an Angel fan.

TooCool
August 2nd, 2014, 01:11 AM
There is no way Oakland would have been able to keep him. Better to trade him now. It is amazing to me what Oakland has done with such a minuscule payroll. You really have to give them their props and this is coming from an Angel fan.

I agree. They definitely deserve a lot of props. But as strange as it sounds, I don't like the way they handle things either. There is no worse message to send to the fans than "we're trading all the future stars away because we don't want to pay em."

They're lucky (in a sense) that they keep winning on top of that. Imagine if they had Astros and Marlins like records because of what their owner has done.

Rogie-Vachon
August 2nd, 2014, 05:03 PM
One step up, two steps back. CJ Wilson is still terrible. Lit up for 6 runs in 1.1 innings.
Nice return from DL...

TooCool
August 4th, 2014, 10:13 AM
One step up, two steps back. CJ Wilson is still terrible. Lit up for 6 runs in 1.1 innings.
Nice return from DL...

I liked that CJ Wilson admits to having a really bad game on Twitter. He'll bounce back.

Thanks to eddieshack, I get to catch a baseball game with him tomorrow and watch the Halos in enemy territory. Might be ugly since Kershaw is pitching tomorrow but the Halos sometimes find a way to beat the Dodgers no matter who they got on the mound, so at least we got that going for us.

Rogie-Vachon
August 4th, 2014, 10:41 AM
I liked that CJ Wilson admits to having a really bad game on Twitter. He'll bounce back.

Thanks to eddieshack, I get to catch a baseball game with him tomorrow and watch the Halos in enemy territory. Might be ugly since Kershaw is pitching tomorrow but the Halos sometimes find a way to beat the Dodgers no matter who they got on the mound, so at least we got that going for us.

Better be packing heat...you know DOYER FAN when enemy fans show up...and if there's no enemy fans...they feed on their own...

aaron
August 4th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Beat la! Beat la!

Rogie-Vachon
August 4th, 2014, 10:46 PM
Beat la! Beat la!

Isn't that "Beat LAs"?

By the way - Puig is a punk ash bee atch - schooled by old man Albert.

aaron
August 4th, 2014, 10:59 PM
Isn't that "Beat LAs"?
No. As a Reds fan growing up, there was only 1 LA team that I hated. Some things don't fade.

Cross Traffic
August 5th, 2014, 08:00 AM
LOL Puig has mad skills but a cement head for a brain. Pujols tagged up on him.

eddieshack23
August 5th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Better be packing heat...you know DOYER FAN when enemy fans show up...and if there's no enemy fans...they feed on their own...

That's definitely not the case in my seats. Many season ticket holders for many years. Nice group of people.

TooCool
August 5th, 2014, 08:18 AM
That's definitely not the case in my seats. Many season ticket holders for many years. Nice group of people.

I'll be the judge of that. j/k

See you tonight Bret! Thanks again!

Andrew
August 5th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Last night's game was great. Richards was bringing the heat. Hit 97 MPH in the 9th inning.

Rogie-Vachon
August 5th, 2014, 02:29 PM
The game was over "before the seats were warm" {Vin saying} so any hootin' and hollarin' the Doyer Fans could have used was sucked away by 7:20...LOL

P. Diddy
August 5th, 2014, 07:42 PM

Where do you sit? Looking to go in my padres gear for kings appreciation night

TooCool
August 6th, 2014, 12:01 AM
Thanks again eddieshack! Your seats rock. It was a good game.

Puig with 4 first pitch swings.. weird! Angels with 3 errors, ugly. At least they kind of got to Kershaw.

KingsFan1985
August 6th, 2014, 12:32 AM
Puig with 4 first pitch swings.. weird! Angels with 3 errors, ugly. At least they kind of got to Kershaw.

Puig has always been known to be high percentage hitter on first pitches. Most pitchers are aware of this so most don't give him anything good to hit on the first pitch. In terms of getting to Kershaw, that was for sure one of his ugliest outings of the year.

Sit in the all you can eat pavilion section with the rest of the Kings fans. It won't be as bad as it normally is in the pavilion on that night.

eddieshack23
August 6th, 2014, 07:59 AM

Top Deck 3, row C (third row).

PM me. I might not go to that game.

Andrew
August 6th, 2014, 05:02 PM
I have a season seat in section 207. Love watching the Angels. Mike Trout and Jared Weaver are my favorite players. Too bad they are in LA and not at home tonight.

Rogie-Vachon
August 6th, 2014, 08:53 PM
Dan Haren pitching like Cy Young! Of course, leave it to Erick FUBAR Aybar to continue to hack at pitch one... Frigging idiot.

TooCool
August 6th, 2014, 09:41 PM
Angels definitely love making washed up pitchers look good. It's their forte.

Andrew
August 7th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Pujols sure knows how to get out when runners are on base.

TooCool
August 7th, 2014, 11:04 PM
Happy Birthday Trout!! Sorry your team sucks.

aaron
August 8th, 2014, 03:47 AM
Pujols sure knows how to get out when runners are on base.
Only 7 more years!
lol baseball
Hope there's no internal salary cap

2015 35 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim $24,000,000
2016 36 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim $25,000,000
2017 37 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim $26,000,000
2018 38 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim $27,000,000
2019 39 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim $28,000,000
2020 40 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim $29,000,000
2021 41 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim $30,000,000

TooCool
August 16th, 2014, 12:30 AM
Only 1 game back of Oakland now. :woot:

TooCool
August 16th, 2014, 08:41 PM
1st in the AL West! :woot: Question is.. how long will the Halos hold on to this lead? =x

Melfice
August 20th, 2014, 11:31 PM
Very true man haha how long indeed ;)

But at least the Angels will be back in the playoffs it seems. Unless they stop winning games...you never know!

aaron
August 20th, 2014, 11:58 PM
Reminiscent of Kopitar in 2011. Hope it's not that severe.

TooCool
August 21st, 2014, 12:30 AM
Yeah, losing our ace sucks hard. Figures. Get well soon Richards.

KingsFan1985
August 21st, 2014, 12:27 PM
Reminiscent of Kopitar in 2011.

I want to say it's even worst than that. Richards maybe even more valuable in the playoffs than Trout.

Ice24
August 21st, 2014, 12:48 PM
this hurts!

Dawdler
August 23rd, 2014, 09:22 PM
my gosh Hamilton is horrid, that last at bat was tough to watch, he just went through the motions and it looked to me like he DGAF. Arte has made some bad acquisitions like Matthews and Wells but he may have topped himself with this one at least with those other two he cut bait but he keeps playing him.

I root for Hamilton to succeed as overcoming substance abuse is hell to recover from but he isn't doing his team any favors just by being a warm body.

with that being said, its pretty amazing how the Angels are still on top despite the back breaking injuries and ****ty teammates they have to carry

Melfice
August 23rd, 2014, 11:35 PM
Why cant the Angels beat Oakland? haha

KingsFan1985
August 24th, 2014, 07:51 PM
Why cant the Angels beat Oakland? haha

They did during prime time.

TooCool
August 24th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Got 1 out of 3 in Oakland.

They're coming to the Big A for a 4 game series... I'll be okay with a split but we better take 3 out of 4. It's about time they took it to Oakland.

Melfice
August 25th, 2014, 10:03 PM
Angels lose big time tonight, and the A's won....it's going to be a dog fight for the division I think. At least Seattle lost their game....they are still in the race for the division too

TooCool
August 26th, 2014, 08:04 AM
The A's are going to call up a minor leaguer against the Astros tonight and save the Big 4 against the Halos. Time to bring it boys.

aaron
August 27th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Watching with the sound off, and Pujols just rips one to the power alley. Should be long gone. Doesn't even reach the warning track. #RuhRoh (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=RuhRoh) #7MoreYears (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=7MoreYears)

TooCool
August 28th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Huge four game series starting tonight against Oakland. Come on boys, 3 out of 4!!

Ice24
August 28th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Come on TC we need 4 of 4

KingsFan1985
August 29th, 2014, 12:38 AM
Is it my imagination, or did Alex Curry get a boob job recently?

I don't recall her chest being so out there like it was tonight. Maybe it was Howie's magic touch!?!

SuperCalo2000
August 29th, 2014, 09:48 PM
Wow ! I see what you mean. Could be the bra or she could have stuffed her bra with a chicken fillet type thing. smh...

Im no Angels fan but the series with the A's is some really fun baseball.

TooCool
August 30th, 2014, 01:22 AM
Is it my imagination, or did Alex Curry get a boob job recently?

I don't recall her chest being so out there like it was tonight. Maybe it was Howie's magic touch!?!

I'm thinking she just looks extremely gorgeous because she's a Kings AND Angels fan. Love it. =D

LOSTcauseZERO
August 30th, 2014, 04:07 PM
I'm thinking she just looks extremely gorgeous because she's a Kings AND Angels fan. Love it. =D

Fact!

http://i.imgur.com/V29BNGn.gif

KingsFan1985
August 31st, 2014, 12:06 AM
Bye bye Oakland. Enjoy the wild card.

TooCool
August 31st, 2014, 01:15 AM
Well, I wanted 3 out of 4 but they can get 4 out of 4! =D

aaron
August 31st, 2014, 01:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/54Bd0wK.jpg

Ice24
August 31st, 2014, 03:34 PM
Come on TC we need 4 of 4

Never settle, take 4 like planned.

TooCool
August 31st, 2014, 03:36 PM
Never settle, take 4 like planned.

Haha, good point. I just lowered my expectations was all. Since the Halos kept allowing Oakland to win the series earlier this season. However it looks like we've crushed their souls now. Loving it.

Rogie-Vachon
August 31st, 2014, 08:12 PM
Billy Beane screwed the pooch on his trading frenzy...4 runs in 4 games...pathetic.

On Sunday August 24th - Oakland was tied for 1st place.
One week later...5 games back.
Halos THIRTY games above .500....

Melfice
September 1st, 2014, 03:26 PM
Billy Beane screwed the pooch on his trading frenzy...4 runs in 4 games...pathetic.

On Sunday August 24th - Oakland was tied for 1st place.
One week later...5 games back.
Halos THIRTY games above .500....

So lets see if the Angels can win their first division title in 5 years. Its been a while since the last one that's for sure

LOSTcauseZERO
September 10th, 2014, 07:55 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t34.0-12/10643337_10152759706963489_422825349_n.jpg?oh=38c2 bb48c0ec7ec46de5174241f610ce&oe=5412F512&__gda__=1410599875_302a42521d51416df8a13382f00679d 7

KingsFan1985
September 11th, 2014, 05:25 PM
So lets see if the Angels can win their first division title in 5 years. Its been a while since the last one that's for sure

Can Seattle still catch up?

Troyvsc
September 11th, 2014, 10:30 PM
Can Seattle still catch up?

Mathematically yes but it is just about impossible. It would take an epic collapse by the Angels down the home stretch with Seattle winning almost every game.

16 games left with the magic number of 7.

Ice24
September 12th, 2014, 05:48 AM
I would like 100 wins

Troyvsc
September 12th, 2014, 08:44 AM
I would like 100 wins

9 wins out of 16 is definitely doable. They need to keep rolling to keep the momentum into October.

TooCool
September 12th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Seriously can't believe we're suddenly up 9 games and the magic number is 7.

Amazing stuff and Trout has been slumping since the All-Star break too. Can't wait until he breaks out of his "funk" (if you can even call it that with his amazing numbers). Then you have Hamilton, who everyone is hoping he'll wake up for the playoffs.

aaron
September 12th, 2014, 04:17 PM
They finally have a scouting report on Trout. Pitch in. That's why he's getting plunked so often lately.

Dawdler
September 12th, 2014, 09:25 PM
the Halos are so much fun to watch, get a crappy performance from Wilson again, then they turn it on and bail him out. this team will only beat itself come playoff time.

Rogie-Vachon
September 12th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Once again, without Josh Hamilton, the Angels kick some serious ass. Best part, Giants 1 back of Dodgers, and Angels magic number is 5...life is good.

TooCool
September 15th, 2014, 11:50 PM
Great win Halos. Officially clinched that playoff spot.

Don't get injured now boys. We have enough of those already.

mitchrock
September 16th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Keep on Winning!

aaron
September 16th, 2014, 10:39 AM
I know this is beside the point for most fans here, but betting on the Angels has been amazing lately. The Angels and the over parlay has won on something like 10 of their last 12 games.

Melfice
September 16th, 2014, 10:35 PM
Now will the Angels make it out of the first round tho. A lot of people are saying no, but we will see what happens next month

TooCool
September 16th, 2014, 11:43 PM
Now will the Angels make it out of the first round tho. A lot of people are saying no, but we will see what happens next month

Everyone always doubts the Halos. Especially the East Coast Biased media. We'll be fine.

Ice24
September 17th, 2014, 10:58 PM
Congratulations to the California - Anaheim - Los Angeles Angels. More work to be done. Don't settle!

TooCool
September 18th, 2014, 12:04 AM
=D

Go Halos!! World Series or bust!

TooCool
September 18th, 2014, 01:53 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxzEhlrCUAARZoe.jpg

KingsFan1985
September 18th, 2014, 09:38 AM

The Fappening part 2?

I don't why this photo makes all the players look like creeps.

SuperCalo2000
September 18th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Boobs got bigger. Not complaining. Just making an observation.

Now, is it a bra optical illusion or did she get the bolt ons ?

KingsFan1985
September 18th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Boobs got bigger. Not complaining. Just making an observation.

That's what I saying. Angels went on the road, and when they came back all of sudden I noticed she had big boobs.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I'm just saying it's hard not notice something like that.

KingsFan1985
September 18th, 2014, 10:57 PM
By the way I'm not at all a fan of already putting a giant sign out at center for being 2014 AL West Champs. Dodgers did the same garbage last year celebrating being NL West Champs too much, then karma happened.

TooCool
September 19th, 2014, 01:08 AM
By the way I'm not at all a fan of already putting a giant sign out at center for being 2014 AL West Champs. Dodgers did the same garbage last year celebrating being NL West Champs too much, then karma happened.

I agree. I understand wanting to show off the accomplishment and all, but save that crap for next season when you reveal all the banners. But then again, it's baseball. I don't think the baseball karma gods really care. Especially since they go a little bit over the top already celebrating like that 4 times in one year.

I think celebrating like that for a winning a division/clinching playoffs, division series, and championship series win is absolutely overkill. You should only celebrate like that for a World Series win, but baseball people like to say, "This is so much fun, let's do this 4 times!"

Ice24
September 19th, 2014, 08:09 AM
I agree. I understand wanting to show off the accomplishment and all, but save that crap for next season when you reveal all the banners. But then again, it's baseball. I don't think the baseball karma gods really care. Especially since they go a little bit over the top already celebrating like that 4 times in one year.

I think celebrating like that for a winning a division/clinching playoffs, division series, and championship series win is absolutely overkill. You should only celebrate like that for a World Series win, but baseball people like to say, "This is so much fun, let's do this 4 times!"

I am with you on this one.

Melfice
September 19th, 2014, 11:11 PM

Yep man I agree 100%

Melfice
September 19th, 2014, 11:12 PM

Aww nothing better than seeing a beautiful woman nice and wet :78smile:

KingsFan1985
October 1st, 2014, 12:28 AM
Here's a recap of the Oakland A's season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntr0tRRbObk

aaron
October 2nd, 2014, 06:01 PM
Well, well, well
Dipoto credits Scioscia for adapting to changes - The Orange County Register (http://www.ocregister.com/articles/year-635556-dipoto-angels.html)

LETS GO HALOS!

Cross Traffic
October 3rd, 2014, 10:07 PM
Jensen you ****ing suck!!!

Same for you Hamilton you washed up scum.

Ice24
October 4th, 2014, 12:44 AM
They had a good run. Time to rebuild.

Ice24
October 4th, 2014, 12:45 AM
Jensen you ****ing suck!!!

Same for you Hamilton you washed up scum.

They all suck.

aaron
October 4th, 2014, 01:18 AM
They had a good run. Time to prune the deadwood.
That would be Hamilton and Wilson primarily.
Pujols most likely as well.

TooCool
October 4th, 2014, 02:27 AM
Trout's not in the clear either. He has been embarrassing so far in his first two playoff games.

Cross Traffic
October 4th, 2014, 06:49 AM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--3CcmYogt--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/h8ijfz7ejgnj5e8cogte.gif

Best contact the Angels made all night.

TooCool
October 4th, 2014, 02:34 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--3CcmYogt--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/h8ijfz7ejgnj5e8cogte.gif

Best contact the Angels made all night.

Josh Hamilton should ask that boy to train him.

Ice24
October 5th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Got worked!

TooCool
October 5th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Embarrassing. That's all there is to say.

KingsFan1985
October 5th, 2014, 10:45 PM
So this is what it must feel like to be a Oakland A's fan.

TooCool
October 6th, 2014, 12:10 AM

Nah, that's different. Oakland straight up choked it. Halos just never showed up. Though truthfully I don't know which is worse... the end result is all the same.

Ice24
October 6th, 2014, 07:51 AM

At least the A's had a chance, like TC said they just choked. The Angels strutted in like they had some game but never took the field.

Dawdler
October 6th, 2014, 08:25 AM
hopefully Arte learned from this and stops paying out huge money, to Texas's trash, both those guys did nothing but hurt the Angels when it mattered most.

Melfice
October 7th, 2014, 10:47 PM
Does this mean Mike S will be FIRED this offseason?!?! This team needs major changes and fast

KingsFan1985
October 8th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Does this mean Mike S will be FIRED this offseason?!?! This team needs major changes and fast

No. If anything he will be praised for taking them back to the playoffs.

Let's face it, unless Scioscia does something outragous outside the baseball field that is condemed by most of society, he's going to be the Angels manager until he retires or doesn't want to be here anymore. Arte would never let him go, and especially in a offseason where it looks like the Dodgers will be looking for a new manager.

KingsFan1985
October 8th, 2014, 10:52 AM
hopefully Arte learned from this and stops paying out huge money, to Texas's trash, both those guys did nothing but hurt the Angels when it mattered most.

But you have to admit their hair looks good.

TooCool
October 8th, 2014, 11:06 AM
No. If anything he will be praised for taking them back to the playoffs.

Let's face it, unless Scioscia does something outragous outside the baseball field that is condemed by most of society, he's going to be the Angels manager until he retires or doesn't want to be here anymore. Arte would never let him go, and especially in a offseason where it looks like the Dodgers will be looking for a new manager.

Which is unfortunate because Scioscia has been terrible for a long time. These playoffs alone were glaring.

- His undying loyalty to Hamilton when he should have benched him after Game 1.
- Not playing small ball correctly. Granted, we're a power hitting team now but he forced Calhoun to bunt on a 3-1 count when he's never bunted before.
- Never gave Hank Conger a chance (imo, he is better than Iannetta offensively or at least has better upside).
- Terrible decisions with his pitchers. Doesn't use Rasmus when he's been the best spot starter all of September.

After cooling off these past few days and looking back at the series, I think our pitching overall was fine. (Minus Game 3 of course.) It was the big bats that we paid big money for that forgot to show up.

Kendrick is a major disappointment. When he was new to the league, scouting reports kept saying he had potential to win the Triple Crown. But this guy is streaky as hell. If he's hot, he can hit EVERYTHING. If he's cold, he doesn't do squat. And of course, he didn't do squat during the playoffs.

Trout and Pujols should be in the batter's box laughing at the pitchers shaking in their shoes, every single time. Neither of them did anything. They got a few hits but were extremely unclutch in most situations. Trout needs to stop taking that first pitch strike. It's ridiculous. Just crush it man, you did that just fine in the regular season and now suddenly you're scared to hit?

The only people who did anything was Calhoun, Aybar, and Freese. Definitely not the kind of players you expect to help you win a series.

aaron
October 8th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Don't make too much of a 3 game sample.

Hamilton is an obvious hole. He proved it all season. But with that contract, he will continue to get shots. What it really shows is the lack of lefty bats. Unless Navarro makes a leap. Or Calhoun show more power.
Pujols is whatever. He should probably end up batting 5th.

CJ had a bad year. He's a 4th starter until he proves otherwise.
With Richards, Weaver, Shoemaker, Santiago, Rasmus the starting pitching looks just fine.

KingsFan1985
October 9th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Not trying to defend Soch, but just saying sometimes it hard to tell if Scioscia really is making a decision because he feels that's the best option he has, or he's making that decision because Arte told him to do that. Scioscia clearly didn't trust Wilson, so why the hell was even put out there in the first place? I feel the Angels are in sort of the same situation as the Dodgers where they need a top to bottom reorganization if they actually plan on getting to the World Series. Sadly though I don't think that reorganization will ever come because the thing that needs the most change will never be replaced, and that's the owner.

I kind of layed off this season because of the 98 wins, but I'm back to saying the Angels will never win a World Series as long as Arte Moreno is the owner. Man has great vision and he knows how to run a business, but he's also egotistical and doesn't know squat about baseball. Arte always has to get his fingers into things he knows nothing about, like hiring MLB's new GM, and you just want to tell him sometimes to shut the ****** up and write the checks. Angels had one the best organizations in baseball for most of the 2000's, but Arte drove away most of the people that made this organization so great during that span.

Quit being the Mexican Walt Disney Arte! We all know you are not a great baseball mind, you simply bought a organization that was really well run to begin with, and you inherited scouts who found really great players for you that you had no faith in because all you care about is stealing headlines from the Dodgers in December. You (Arte) and Josh Hamilton can go suck on lemons while sitting on a beach debating which one you two has the most money to spend this offseason.