PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2014 Dodgers Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2

KingsFan1985
February 9th, 2014, 12:06 AM
Expectations are sky high after the team fell short of a World Series appearance in 2013. On paper this Dodgers team will be favorites to win it all in 2014, but can they make what's on paper work on the field?

Can the pitching maintain its status as one of the best in the league?
Will Matt Kemp return to MVP form?
Will the legend of Yasiel Puig grow, or will year 2 go down in infamy?
Will Hanley and A-Gone repeat their great 2013 season?
Will Crawford and Uribe repeat their solid performances from last season, or will they go back to being overpaid trash?
Can this team stay relatively healthy?
Will the team learn to hit with men in scoring position?
Can the Dodgers farm players like Dee Gordon and Scott Van Slyke step up to provide support from the bench?
Will Alexander Guerrero be another Cuban diamond in the rough, or a liability at second base?
Willl Don Mattingly get fired?
Will Brian Wilson dye his beard blue?
Will your girlfriend think Andre Ethier is not as sexy as he use to be?

We will soon find out. 2014, it's now or never.

KingsFan1985
March 18th, 2014, 02:53 PM
From the Dodgers -

The Los Angeles Dodgers today announced the 30 players traveling on the plane for the 2014 Opening Series in Sydney, Australia. General Manager Ned Colletti made the announcement.

The 30 players on the plane as broken down by position:

Pitchers (14):

Jose Dominguez
J.P. Howell (L)
Kenley Jansen
Clayton Kershaw (L)
Zach Lee
Paul Maholm (L)
Red Patterson
Chris Perez
Seth Rosin
Paco Rodriguez (L)
Hyun-Jin Ryu (L)
Brian Wilson
Chris Withrow
Jamey Wright

Catchers (3):

Drew Butera
A.J. Ellis
Tim Federowicz

Infielders (8):

Chone Figgins (S)
Adrian Gonzalez (L)
Dee Gordon (L)
Alex Guerrero
Hanley Ramirez
Miguel Rojas
Justin Turner
Juan Uribe

Outfielders (5):

Mike Baxter (L)
Andre Ethier (L)
Joc Pederson (L)
Yasiel Puig
Scott Van Slyke

Kubrick
March 18th, 2014, 10:29 PM
Anything less than 100 Wins and a World Series berth will be a disappointment. We have expectations now.

KingThomas
March 21st, 2014, 09:46 AM
This Sportsnet LA thing sucks. No Dodgers on Cox.

Trapper9
March 21st, 2014, 09:57 AM
This Sportsnet LA thing sucks. No Dodgers on Cox.

Or DirectTv. :(

KingThomas
March 21st, 2014, 10:18 AM
Or DirectTv. :(

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/hard-to-argue-with-that-44.jpg?w=500

SuperCalo2000
March 21st, 2014, 10:06 PM
Im saying it now. Quote me. In 10 yrs, the rsn bubble will burst and it will be PPV.

mrm55
March 22nd, 2014, 09:41 AM
2014 record: 101 and 61

Kubrick
March 23rd, 2014, 12:06 PM
And so it begins.

Don Mattingly questions Yasiel Puig - ESPN (http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=10658691&city=losangeles&src=desktop)

FBJ
March 25th, 2014, 08:24 AM
http://ingles200h.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/3621418091_loose_cannon_xlarge.png

LetTigerIn
March 25th, 2014, 09:49 AM
No worries. Dodgers have the best record in all of MLB.

KingThomas
March 25th, 2014, 12:28 PM
It's time to illegally stream Dodger Baseball

Dodgers alternate TV options in the next 2 weeks - True Blue LA (http://www.truebluela.com/2014/3/24/5542882/dodgers-television-schedule-alternate-options)

Here's a look at the schedule for the next two weeks, with alternative TV options:

Thursday, March 27 vs. Angels, 7:10 p.m. - Fox Sports West
Friday, March 28 vs. Angels, 7:10 p.m. - Fox Sports West
Saturday, March 29 at Angels, 6:05 p.m. - KCOP
Sunday, March 30 at Padres, 5:05 p.m. - ESPN*
Saturday, April 5 vs. Giants, 1:10 p.m. - Fox Sports 1
Sunday, April 6 vs. Giants, 5:05 p.m. - ESPN*

Cross Traffic
March 30th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Thanks Wilson for blowing Ryu's start...knew they shouldn't have signed that has been for another year.

Trapper9
March 30th, 2014, 10:50 PM
Mattingly has to learn to stop doing the catchers indifference and giving up free bases. hold them on first and keep the double play in order.

FBJ
April 1st, 2014, 10:17 AM
Hey, all...

My mom moved down to Redondo Beach to live with an older sister. Her house doesn't have TWC, but Verizon FIOS instead. I was thinking about buying her a season pass to MLB.TV, but I don't know if that makes sense or not. Are home games blacked out? Anyone got the skinny?

mugs
April 1st, 2014, 10:30 AM
Hey, all...

My mom moved down to Redondo Beach to live with an older sister. Her house doesn't have TWC, but Verizon FIOS instead. I was thinking about buying her a season pass to MLB.TV, but I don't know if that makes sense or not. Are home games blacked out? Anyone got the skinny?

Yes. I believe ALL the games are blacked out, not just the home games. That's how it was working in the pre-season. The only games folks without TWC will be able to watch are when ESPN has the rights to the games (and also the Fox game of the week or something like that).

FBJ
April 1st, 2014, 11:56 AM
Any work-around? Like having a buddy that lives out-of-state order it for me so that she can watch Dodgers games? Or is game availability based upon physical location of the internet service provider you're using to log on?

EDIT: Nevermind. Found the blackout FAQ they have.

Okay...so streams... :)

Dawdler
April 1st, 2014, 08:00 PM
Any work-around? Like having a buddy that lives out-of-state order it for me so that she can watch Dodgers games? Or is game availability based upon physical location of the internet service provider you're using to log on?

EDIT: Nevermind. Found the blackout FAQ they have.

Okay...so streams... :)

there is another way and that's through a VPN service, I have MLB.TV and I used it last year when TWC had issues with CBS and it worked great with the Dodger games, if you have any interest you can PM me.

P. Diddy
April 2nd, 2014, 06:39 PM
I can FaceTime you when the dodgers play the padres?!

Dawdler
April 2nd, 2014, 10:42 PM
Dodgers hit .185 in the series and still take 2 of 3

P. Diddy
April 2nd, 2014, 11:35 PM
*sigh*

I hope my padres can do 500 this season... See you guys soon

Kubrick
April 4th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Late again, Puig? Really? On Opening ****ing Day?

So, how do the Puig fanboys find a way to blame this latest episode on the media?

Dawdler
April 4th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Thanks Ryu, now I don't have to take the rest of the day off to watch the game, my boss thanks you

pb2k
April 4th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Late again, Puig? Really? On Opening ****ing Day?

So, how do the Puig fanboys find a way to blame this latest episode on the media?

No one blames the media for anything Puig does. They blame the media for blowing **** way out of proportion by writing ridiculous bull**** like this.
Dodgers’ Yasiel Puig threatens to unravel team with latest home-opener escapade (http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20140404/dodgers-yasiel-puig-threatens-to-unravel-team-with-latest-home-opener-escapade)

There is a lot of stuff Puig needs to do better but to act like he is the only young player to **** up is stupid.He helps the team a lot more than he hurts the team.

Dawdler
April 4th, 2014, 02:02 PM
No one blames the media for anything Puig does. They blame the media for blowing **** way out of proportion by writing ridiculous bull**** like this.
Dodgers’ Yasiel Puig threatens to unravel team with latest home-opener escapade (http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20140404/dodgers-yasiel-puig-threatens-to-unravel-team-with-latest-home-opener-escapade)

There is a lot of stuff Puig needs to do better but to act like he is the only young player to **** up is stupid.He helps the team a lot more than he hurts the team.

and at least he showed up today, can't say the same thing for Ryu and the Dodgers D

pb2k
April 5th, 2014, 03:13 PM
If the games keep going like this I'm not going to give a **** that I can't watch them.

King Floyd
April 5th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Can the Dodgers not get get blown out by the Giants for once?

Kubrick
April 7th, 2014, 12:34 AM
Sure looks like Kemp's swing is back.

mugs
April 7th, 2014, 05:57 AM
Sure looks like Kemp's swing is back.

That was very nice to see.

Claw21
April 7th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Wondering what Puig could bring back in a trade. Top 2 young stud pitcher?

Kubrick
April 7th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Wondering what Puig could bring back in a trade. Top 2 young stud pitcher?

I can't ever imagine a scenario where Ned could trade Puig for nearly equal value but...

I'd love to see Giancarlo Stanton in Dodger Blue. Just one year older than Puig. More power and he already carries himself like a pro. It certainly doesn't hurt that he's a local kid, too. He seems to be a better fit with the win-now mode we're currently in.

Vargsmal
April 7th, 2014, 09:26 PM
I can't ever imagine a scenario where Ned could trade Puig for nearly equal value but...

I'd love to see Giancarlo Stanton in Dodger Blue. Just one year older than Puig. More power and he already carries himself like a pro. It certainly doesn't hurt that he's a local kid, too. He seems to be a better fit with the win-now mode we're currently in.

I'd be perfectly fine with a Stanton for Puig ++ trade.

mugs
April 8th, 2014, 09:45 AM
AJ Ellis out for 4-6 weeks after arthroscopic knee surgery.

Kubrick
April 8th, 2014, 12:55 PM
AJ Ellis out for 4-6 weeks after arthroscopic knee surgery.

What's Mike Piazza up to these days?

mugs
April 8th, 2014, 01:31 PM

At his age he's probably better than Fed and Butera combined.

LetTigerIn
April 8th, 2014, 01:32 PM

I don't want Piazza to perform knee surgery on Ellis.

Kubrick
April 9th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Hell of a win last night . Felt great to get back to the stadium. Haren looked fantastic.

LetTigerIn
April 10th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Despite the result, it was a fun game to watch last night, especially the first two innings (and the ninth, of course).

Those first two innings had almost — almost — everything you could ask to see in a baseball game. Single, double, stolen base, caught stealing, advanced on overthrow, strikeout, walk, stealing third, infield hit, sacrifice fly, error, passed ball/wild pitch(?), and more(!) including the freakin' suicide squeeze!!!! Later in the game, of course, we added home run, hit by pitch, diving catch and double play. About the only things missing were bunt single, balk, grand slam and walk-off. Yeah, a second walk off in a row would have been sweet, and a walk-off slam even better, but it was still a beautiful night for baseball.

BTW, the Tigers fans next to me prophetically left early when Nathan came out. They just said,"Oh, no, Nathan sucks," and walked away, dejected.

Vargsmal
April 11th, 2014, 09:55 PM
A-Gon.....5 rbis tonight. nice!

mrm55
April 12th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Okay I'm officially jonesing to watch the Dodgers. Do you techies know if it's safe to download the software at vipbox?

Dawdler
April 12th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Okay I'm officially jonesing to watch the Dodgers. Do you techies know if it's safe to download the software at vipbox?

it can be a tricky situation there are sites with a bunch of pop ups that say you must install this plugin, avoid those. the only software download I would use is acestream which is a standard videoplayer and I can PM you the site that uses acestream for baseball games and if you're not in LA MLB.TV's game of the day tonight is the Dodger game so you can watch the game that way MLB.com Gameday | MLB.com: Gameday (http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2014_04_12_lanmlb_arimlb_1)

mrm55
April 12th, 2014, 03:51 PM
it can be a tricky situation there are sites with a bunch of pop ups that say you must install this plugin, avoid those. the only software download I would use is acestream which is a standard videoplayer and I can PM you the site that uses acestream for baseball games and if you're not in LA MLB.TV's game of the day tonight is the Dodger game so you can watch the game that way MLB.com Gameday | MLB.com: Gameday (http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2014_04_12_lanmlb_arimlb_1)

Thanks Dawdler please PM site...

Dawdler
April 12th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Thanks Dawdler please PM site...

PM sent, if you have any other questions, fire away.

pb2k
April 12th, 2014, 08:57 PM
Brandon League has got to go. It doesn't matter how much he has left on his contract they need to just eat it and release him.

pb2k
April 13th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Adrian Gonzalez is really killing baseballs right now.

Dawdler
April 13th, 2014, 05:42 PM
http://baileysblast.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/giants5.jpg

Kubrick
April 14th, 2014, 01:51 AM
Dee Gordon has been unbelievable. 9 for 10 SB in 11 games. I wonder how long this will last?

LetTigerIn
April 14th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Dee Gordon has been unbelievable. 9 for 10 SB in 11 games. I wonder how long this will last?

So his only CS was on a pitchout?

Kubrick
April 14th, 2014, 12:54 PM
So his only CS was on a pitchout?

Not sure. I missed game 2 vs. the Tigers. Did you see him steal 2nd between pitches yesterday? Fantastic awareness. I gotta say he doesn't look terrible defensively at 2B. Nothing spectacular but he seems to be making the basic plays, which is a huge improvement over Dee Gordon the SS.

LetTigerIn
April 14th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Not sure. I missed game 2 vs. the Tigers. Did you see him steal 2nd between pitches yesterday? Fantastic awareness. I gotta say he doesn't look terrible defensively at 2B. Nothing spectacular but he seems to be making the basic plays, which is a huge improvement over Dee Gordon the SS.

Yeah, that Tigers game was the game. I remember remarking that it was funny Dee Gordon was caught stealing and Juan Uribe scored on a suicide squeeze. Dee got caught on a first pitch pitchout. I just didn't realize the rest of the numbers.

He also booted one in that game, so maybe it's best you didn't see that one. I'm with you, though. I hope he keeps up the good work!

mugs
April 14th, 2014, 04:05 PM

Yeah, that Tigers game was the game. I remember remarking that it was funny Dee Gordon was caught stealing and Juan Uribe scored on a suicide squeeze. Dee got caught on a first pitch pitchout. I just didn't realize the rest of the numbers.

He also booted one in that game, so maybe it's best you didn't see that one. I'm with you, though. I hope he keeps up the good work!

He's also making better contact with the ball.

Kubrick
April 15th, 2014, 01:12 PM
Incredible article on exactly how Puig eventually made it to America.

Features - Los Angeles magazine * (http://www.lamag.com/features/2014/04/13/escape-from-cuba-yasiel-puigs-untold-journey-to-the-dodgers/page/1)

Claw21
April 15th, 2014, 10:59 PM
Jansen blows a save every other outing. One trick pony with that fastball.

pb2k
April 15th, 2014, 11:04 PM
Pretty sure he had a rough start last season and that turned out alright in the end.

pb2k
April 15th, 2014, 11:44 PM
Uribe singles. Fed-Ex bunts into a double play. Kemp doubles. **** you Mattingley for calling for a bunt and **** you Fed-Ex for being so terrible.

Claw21
April 16th, 2014, 04:44 PM
Did Jansen start off bad last year? I'm too lazy to check.

pb2k
April 16th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Here’s one final thing to consider: last May, Jansen appeared in 14 games, pitching 12.2 innings (still wasn’t the closer at this point). Over that span, Jansen allowed seven earned runs (4.97 ERA), lost three games and had one blown save.

Dodger Thoughts: Is Jansen's Reign As Closer Coming To An End? | Dodgers Nation (http://www.dodgersnation.com/dodger-thoughts-is-jansens-reign-as-closer-coming-to-an-end/2014/04/16)

His BABIP is also .556 right now, so there is some bad luck going on too.

Dawdler
April 16th, 2014, 05:18 PM
Uribe singles. Fed-Ex bunts into a double play. Kemp doubles. **** you Mattingley for calling for a bunt and **** you Fed-Ex for being so terrible.

fed-x is terrible, every time I see him at bat I know he is either going to strikeout or ruin an inning with his ****ty bat. I hated the trade when we got him, the only reason the Dodgers picked him up is because they needed catcher depth after trading all the good prospects under the mccheap regime.

Dawdler
April 16th, 2014, 09:18 PM
go **** yourself, vogelsong.

pb2k
April 16th, 2014, 10:07 PM
If the only way they can score any runs is playing against the terrible diamondbacks rotation they're going to be in trouble.

King Floyd
April 16th, 2014, 11:12 PM
Dodgers are making Giants pitchers look like gods.

KingsFan1985
April 17th, 2014, 06:34 PM
This

http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/assets/4316357/Puig-drop.gif

And then this.

http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/assets/4316373/Only-Puig.gif

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/1030025/willie-mays-catch-o.gif

Against the Giants! In their own ballpark!

pb2k
April 21st, 2014, 09:12 PM
Cliff Lee is making the Dodgers look stupid.

pb2k
April 24th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Brian Wilson sucks this season. Good thing Ned didn't give him the three year Brandon League special.

pb2k
April 24th, 2014, 10:49 PM
Really need to stop with all the errors and figure out a way to beat teams that aren't the Diamondbacks.

Dawdler
April 24th, 2014, 10:59 PM
Brian Wilson sucks this season. Good thing Ned didn't give him the three year Brandon League special.

15.75 ERA worth of sucktitude

Cross Traffic
April 25th, 2014, 10:08 AM
See I told you he was washed up!!!!

pb2k
April 25th, 2014, 09:11 PM
Tim Federiwicz bunted into another double play. He really is a special kind of terrible.

Dawdler
April 25th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Tim Federiwicz bunted into another double play. He really is a special kind of terrible.

I agree, I've liked what I've seen from Butera compared to what TFed has shown, heck bring up Olivo, he is a vet and would probably help the team more at this point.

Dawdler
April 25th, 2014, 09:19 PM
on another note, I'm pleasantly surprised that Gordon seems to have finally put it all together and has become a Major Leaguer and how exciting was this play tonight.

http://giant.gfycat.com/PaltrySevereAustraliankelpie.gif

pb2k
April 25th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Really nice outing from Beckett tonight.

Dawdler
April 25th, 2014, 09:52 PM
Really nice outing from Beckett tonight.

I thought he was headed for an early shower after the 2 homeruns but he pitched a solid 8, hope he can keep it up

pb2k
April 26th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Hanley did something to his right thumb and had to come out of the game. Hopefully its nothing serious, he was just starting to crush the ball again.

pb2k
April 26th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Adrian Gonzalez is on fire this season.

pb2k
April 26th, 2014, 09:41 PM
Wilson comes in and does ****ty again forcing Jansen into a game he doesn't need to be in. Time for him to move to mop up duty until he figures it out. And someone really needs to teach Puig how to slide.

Dawdler
April 26th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Wilson comes in and does ****ty again forcing Jansen into a game he doesn't need to be in. Time for him to move to mop up duty until he figures it out. And someone really needs to teach Puig how to slide.

at this point Wilson and League are useless, I guess Perez would be the setup guy and Butera > the Fed guy, Olivo is hitting .390 in Abq, they need to bring him up until AJ is back

DanteHicks
April 27th, 2014, 12:31 AM
I really didn't think that the bullpen would be such a problem this year. Maybe by July, healthy Kershaw and Billingsley will push Maholm to the long man role and League will be somewhere else. Does Billingsley come back as a reliever?

Kubrick
April 27th, 2014, 12:34 AM
at this point Wilson and League are useless, I guess Perez would be the setup guy and Butera > the Fed guy, Olivo is hitting .390 in Abq, they need to bring him up until AJ is back

The pen is already looking a bit overexposed, so carrying two liabilities is absolutely unacceptable roster management. The 4 outfielder rotation is looking like a disaster. Shocking. Hard to believe no one is calling up Ned about pop fly machine Crawford or sub .200 Ethier. I know Van Slyke has his limitations but what I wouldn't give to see that guy get 500 ABs. Little doubt in my mind that he'd end up with 30 2B 30 HR.

pb2k
April 30th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Dodgers sent Federowicz down and called up Olivo.

mugs
April 30th, 2014, 05:07 PM

Good!

Dawdler
April 30th, 2014, 10:11 PM

today was a good day, Kings win and Fedex gets sent down

pb2k
May 1st, 2014, 10:31 AM
Two errors so far and the first inning isn't even over. This team is a ****ing mess defensively.

mugs
May 1st, 2014, 10:40 AM
Two errors so far and the first inning isn't even over. This team is a ****ing mess defensively.

They need to clean that **** up.

pb2k
May 1st, 2014, 10:50 AM
Puig is having some really good at bats lately.

pb2k
May 1st, 2014, 06:46 PM
31 errors now. That's just not going to work.

pb2k
May 1st, 2014, 08:19 PM
This is a horrible baseball game. Dee Gordon turned back into Dee Gordon today by going 0-10 so far.

pb2k
May 6th, 2014, 06:38 PM
This Kershaw guy the Dodgers called up today looks like he might be pretty good.

mrm55
May 8th, 2014, 11:35 AM
This Kershaw guy the Dodgers called up today looks like he might be pretty good.

Flash in the plan is all. He needs to buy a home in Abq.

pb2k
May 9th, 2014, 10:39 PM
It would be nice if they would stop being ****ty.

cheap
May 9th, 2014, 11:44 PM
Hope they don't have to play the Giants in the playoffs. Can't seem to win against them.

pb2k
May 11th, 2014, 05:12 PM
It's almost like they're trying to lose at this point. I'm about to stop going through the hassle of trying to watch these games until Directv picks the channel up.

mugs
May 12th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Mired in mediocrity

JGON85
May 13th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Any other weekday I'd jump on those $4 reserve tickets, but Game 6 prevails.

Question, has anyone taken the Dodger Express from the Artesia Blue Line station all the way to Dodger stadium? How long was the average trip? Been wanting to try it out but those playoff games stand in the way.

LetTigerIn
May 13th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Any other weekday I'd jump on those $4 reserve tickets, but Game 6 prevails.

Question, has anyone taken the Dodger Express from the Artesia Blue Line station all the way to Dodger stadium? How long was the average trip? Been wanting to try it out but those playoff games stand in the way.

Is there a Dodger Express that leaves from Artesia Station? That would be cool. Otherwise, I would say approximately 50-60 minutes to get to Union Station, maybe less if you time the transfer just right, and then another 30 minutes or more to get to Dodger Stadium. I've never been on the Dodger Express, but I do ride the Blue Line out of Artesia Station to the Red Line on occasion.

UPDATE: Ummmm… make that up to 75 minutes on the Dodger Express? I hope not!!!

http://www.theeastsiderla.com/2014/04/dodger-stadium-express-strikes-out-with-fans/

Meanwhile, metro.net estimates the shortest trip about 75 minutes total.

JGON85
May 14th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Is there a Dodger Express that leaves from Artesia Station? That would be cool. Otherwise, I would say approximately 50-60 minutes to get to Union Station, maybe less if you time the transfer just right, and then another 30 minutes or more to get to Dodger Stadium. I've never been on the Dodger Express, but I do ride the Blue Line out of Artesia Station to the Red Line on occasion.

UPDATE: Ummmm… make that up to 75 minutes on the Dodger Express? I hope not!!!

Dodger Stadium Express strikes out with fans | The Eastsider LA (http://www.theeastsiderla.com/2014/04/dodger-stadium-express-strikes-out-with-fans/)

Meanwhile, metro.net estimates the shortest trip about 75 minutes total.

No Dodger Express from Artesia, I meant to say if anyone has taken the Blue Line to Union and then hopped on the Dodger Express..

There's a fifth entrance that opened this season but for anyone coming from the 110 south, it's of little use.

New Dodger Stadium Entry Gate is Echo Park's Best-Kept Secret | The Informer | Los Angeles | Los Angeles News and Events | LA Weekly (http://www.laweekly.com/informer/2014/04/21/new-dodger-entry-gate-is-echo-parks-best-kept-secret)

LetTigerIn
May 14th, 2014, 09:14 AM
No Dodger Express from Artesia, I meant to say if anyone has taken the Blue Line to Union and then hopped on the Dodger Express..

There's a fifth entrance that opened this season but for anyone coming from the 110 south, it's of little use.

New Dodger Stadium Entry Gate is Echo Park's Best-Kept Secret | The Informer | Los Angeles | Los Angeles News and Events | LA Weekly (http://www.laweekly.com/informer/2014/04/21/new-dodger-entry-gate-is-echo-parks-best-kept-secret)

Thanks for the info. It may not be entirely useless. If Sunset is obviously backed up, you could bypass that and continue to Scott gate. I've had no problems on Sunset so far, though. I encounter much more traffic coming off the 5, so Scott may certainly be a nice change from that.

When I was living in Eagle Rock, I used to cut through Chinatown, and that was almost always great. Now that I'm back in the South Bay, I'm pleasantly surprised to find that my old shortcut is still valid after 25 years!

pb2k
May 14th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Drew Butera is now the Dodgers most effective relief pitcher.

pb2k
May 17th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Kershaw pulled with two out in the second. He looked ****ing terrible.

pb2k
May 17th, 2014, 06:16 PM
Puig is absolutely locked in right now. 16 game hitting streak, 8 straight games with an extra base hit and RBI, bat flips for days.

Dawdler
May 17th, 2014, 09:30 PM
the Dbags hire tony ****ing larussa and the Dodgers go to ****, lovely :rolleyes2:

pb2k
May 20th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Miguel Olivo bit off part of Alex Guerrero's ear today. So things are going pretty good down in AAA.

pb2k
May 20th, 2014, 04:56 PM
Dodgers are 3 for 32 with the bases loaded this season. That seems like it might be something they want to get better at.

Dawdler
May 20th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Miguel Olivo bit off part of Alex Guerrero's ear today. So things are going pretty good down in AAA.

Story Here (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/10961284/alex-guerrero-los-angeles-dodgers-involved-altercation-triple-teammate-miguel-olivo)

maybe Guerrero was being a dick but Olivo should know better, he is a veteran hanging on to a fading career and he gets into a physical altercation with a rookie and with his history of having a temper, he maybe done with the Dodgers since he hurt the 28 million dollar investment who's development is now postponed for 5 weeks

Cross Traffic
May 20th, 2014, 08:15 PM
Enjoy your outright release Olivo. 35 years old and in Triple A?

pb2k
May 22nd, 2014, 05:08 PM
Puig is pretty fun to watch play.

Puig's outstanding catch | dodgers.com (http://m.dodgers.mlb.com/video/v33076229/ladnym-puig-makes-an-amazing-diving-catch/?partnerId=as_lad_20140522_24504786)

pb2k
May 22nd, 2014, 06:51 PM
I hate the bullpen.

Dawdler
May 23rd, 2014, 07:23 PM
Brandon League owes Howell a night with his wife after getting his ass saved by Howell in that inning, no outs basses loaded and the Phils got nothing.

pb2k
May 25th, 2014, 01:20 PM
No hitter for Beckett. He looked great today, and pretty much every start so far this season. Really surprised with how good he has been so far.

Diehard
May 25th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Can't believe Josh ****ing Beckett threw a no hitter, he's been awful most of his tenure with the Dodgers

Trapper9
May 25th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Can't believe Josh ****ing Beckett threw a no hitter, he's been hurt most of his tenure with the Dodgers

ftfy

OHWELL
May 26th, 2014, 03:01 PM
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg70/MCCAINFORPRESIDENT/BS.jpgAnyone remember this? Please share.

Cross Traffic
May 26th, 2014, 07:54 PM
Does Brian Wilson go out there with a gas can every outing? 6 strikes and 12 balls today, 7+ ERA, its time to cut our losses or send him to the Isotopes.

pb2k
May 26th, 2014, 10:09 PM
Does Brian Wilson go out there with a gas can every outing? 6 strikes and 12 balls today, 7+ ERA, its time to cut our losses or send him to the Isotopes.

It really is an adventure almost every time he goes out there this season. The whole bullpen has really been a mess though, so I'm really not sure who else to use. It's pretty bad that League seems like the best option right now.

JGON85
May 27th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Has a pitcher ever not pitched on his own bobblehead night? Ryu and Greinke's starts should have been swapped

Free Domino's Pizza for Beckett's no-no over the weekend.

DomiNoNo | MLB.com: Sponsorship (http://mlb.mlb.com/sponsors/dominos/dominono/index.jsp)

WHEN A PITCHER THROWS A NO-HITTER THIS SEASON, VISIT MLB.COM/DOMINONO AND ENTER YOUR MLB.COM ACCOUNT. AFTER EACH OF THE FIRST 2 NO-HITTERS, THE FIRST 20,000 MLB.COM USERS TO ENTER THEIR MLB.COM ACCOUNTS WILL RECEIVE A CODE VALID FOR A
FREE MEDIUM TWO-TOPPING HANDMADE PAN PIZZA*

Dawdler
May 28th, 2014, 10:01 PM
when Vin questions your managerial strategy, you know you've made a ****ty move

pb2k
May 29th, 2014, 09:15 PM
And the bullpen strikes again. **** these stupid *******s.

Dawdler
May 29th, 2014, 09:17 PM
what a ****ty bullpen, thanks for spending the bullpen money wisely colletti, you buttpipe

pb2k
May 29th, 2014, 09:43 PM
Yasiel Puig is the best. He does something amazing just about every single game.

pb2k
May 29th, 2014, 11:15 PM
Bullpen still not fixed -- tonight was 13th loss charged to a #Dodgers reliever. Most bullpen losses in the majors.

https://twitter.com/billplunkettocr/status/472259445011935233

I'm shocked that Ned Colletti has done such a poor job putting together a good baseball team.

mervaldez
June 1st, 2014, 09:55 PM
The Dodgers were actually on ESPN tonight. I missed it for some hockey game.

Italian Seafood
June 4th, 2014, 01:23 PM
I won't miss Brian Wilson if and when we get rid of him. Bullpen has been killing us but it's early, last year this time we were in worse shape.

pb2k
June 4th, 2014, 10:19 PM
The Dodgers are pretty ****ty. It doesn't seem like they are going to stop being ****ty any time soon either.

Italian Seafood
June 5th, 2014, 10:32 AM
They need to hit. Scratching out one run a game isn't going to do the job no matter how well our starters do.

Is Belisario the White Sox closer or was everyone else on their roster not available?

King Jeffrey
June 5th, 2014, 12:44 PM
when Vin questions your managerial strategy, you know you've made a ****ty move

Don is done. Just a matter of time...

pb2k
June 5th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Ned should go with him. Time to get rid of the leftover trash from McCourt.

jnlsgrc
June 7th, 2014, 08:22 AM
I should have bought that Dodgers hockey jersey from last season, gah! :bangin:

FBJ
June 8th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Ned should go with him. Time to get rid of the leftover trash from McCourt.

Yep.

MaxwellSmart
June 10th, 2014, 12:43 PM
I can't believe former Dodger Bob Welch passed away yesterday.

This match up is among my all-time favorite Dodger moments:

http://youtu.be/26fRnCj4SYQ

King Jeffrey
June 11th, 2014, 03:36 PM
RIP Bob...

KingsRoyalty
June 13th, 2014, 11:04 AM
For 2015
Fire Ned.. and Don? I wish he would've been let go last winter instead of giving in to his whining about not having a contract past this year. Now, the Dodgers are on the hook for TWO years of contract if he gets fired.

Id trade Kemp while we still can (aka his injury seems healed).
Get rid of Hanley too...
Actually, id get rid of everyone but Puig, Adrian & Gordon (Talking about lineup not the pitching staff)

have Seager play SS, Pederson CF... keep a CLOSE eye on what the Marlins do with Giancarlo Santon for LF
3B? Uribe should be fine since it will be a contract year and ALWAYS does better on those

Catcher? Hell bring in someone who is a leader in the clubhouse and that knows how to manage a pitching staff... someone like.. hey look... Russell Martin is a FA... hint hint

This team has NO chemistry at ALL

Imagine a :
C-Martin
1B-Adrian
2B-Gordon (or Alex Guerrero)
SS-Seager
3B-Uribe/maybe Chase Headley.. (or Alex Guerrero/Dee Gordon)
LF-Stanton
CF-Pederson
RF-Puig

Greinke, Kershaw, Ryu, Haren (if he keeps his pace and the option becomes guaranteed), and add a veteran as starters

Jansen, Howell, League, Perez and 2 others as relief

Shouldn't be that hard even if we swallow half the salary of Ethier/Kemp/Crawford as Beckett, Billingsley, Hanley & Brian Wilson free about 55m

Anyways, done ranting... most ppl here wont agree anyways and God knows something as drastic as this will never happen... guess its MLB The Show time as its probly the only way the Dodgers win a World Series soon =\

JGON85
June 15th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Great video of fans at Friday's game celebrating our second Cup, too bad Vin's call of it was drowned out by the celebration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4V-7gvi48U

pb2k
June 15th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Howell and Jansen are the only two not worthless relief pitchers.

LetTigerIn
June 16th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Plenty of fans sporting Kings gear at the Dodgers game Saturday, and a fascinating Kings-related incident.

Between innings, one of the fans was involved in a contest where he had to name as many NHL Team Names as possible in fifteen seconds. His answer: "Um... San Jose Sharks, um, Anaheim Ducks, uh, Chicago Blackhawks, Rangers, oh, Kings... um... " and then was disqualified from further answers after cursing over how hard it was. Among the boos, my friend turns to me an points out he named the teams the Kings beat in the playoffs and the Kings.

The punchline — and lost amongst the continued booing — was the Dodgers player he was pitted against (on tape) also named 5 (and somewhat odd ones if you're only going to get 5) such as the Coyotes, Lightning and Avalanche (possibly teams in the same places where he played baseball?).

Due to the tie, the fan contestant still won the prize. He was roundly booed again. I think I was just to generally aghast to have much of any other reaction.

pb2k
June 17th, 2014, 10:07 PM
Adrian Gonzalez has been terrible for like a month now. I really don't understand how you can justify batting him 4th for any reason other than his ego. He is pretty much an automatic out right now.

pb2k
June 18th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Kershaw with a no-hitter through 7. Was perfect through 6 until Hanley made an error. 12 k's so far.

pb2k
June 18th, 2014, 10:10 PM
And he gets it. 15 k's tonight. So close to having the perfect game. And the Dodgers are only 4 games back of the Giants now.

Dawdler
June 18th, 2014, 10:24 PM
Awesome for Kershaw!!
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii213/Mashiasu/U3R3biY.gif
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii213/Mashiasu/dodgerstyle.gif

MaxwellSmart
June 18th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Too bad he didn't get the perfect game. I remember years ago Jerry Reuss missed his perfect game by shortstop Bill Russell's error.

Catastrophe
June 19th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Was at both Kershaw's no-hitter and SCF Game 5. It's amazing how less stressful a no-hitter attempt becomes right after going through the NHL postseason we just did.

Catastrophe
June 19th, 2014, 10:42 AM
"A pitching performance for the ages? The 5th-most exciting sporting event I've witnessed in person this month."--Spoiled LA fans

pb2k
June 20th, 2014, 10:57 AM
All 15 Of Clayton Kershaw's No-Hitter Strikeout Pitches In One GIF (http://deadspin.com/all-15-of-clayton-kershaws-no-hitter-strikeout-pitches-1593830840/all)

KingsFan1985
June 25th, 2014, 03:21 PM
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/714145/thumbs/r-GIANTS-LOSE-TO-METS-large570.jpg

pb2k
June 25th, 2014, 05:21 PM
I think it's about time to put an end to the Dan Haren experiment. 9 straight stars allowing a home run

pb2k
June 26th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Justin Turner has been pretty damn good lately.

pb2k
June 30th, 2014, 08:31 PM
Dan Haren shaved his beard and so far tonight doesn't look like ****. Maybe Brian Wilson should give that a shot.

KingsFan1985
June 30th, 2014, 10:42 PM
Okay now it's official.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2nLCqws473w/Ue4QNR8k8oI/AAAAAAAAosM/gFMZKj9VcQg/s1600/award_ribbon_blue_1st_T.png

pb2k
July 2nd, 2014, 02:51 PM
So they make up all those games to get back into first place and then immediately start playing the way they did to go down 9 games. Fun,

KingsFan1985
July 15th, 2014, 12:17 AM
Highlights of Puig at the Home Run Derby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pofupYwEF2Q

Kubrick
July 15th, 2014, 01:24 AM
All 15 Of Clayton Kershaw's No-Hitter Strikeout Pitches In One GIF (http://deadspin.com/all-15-of-clayton-kershaws-no-hitter-strikeout-pitches-1593830840/all)

I'm convinced Kershaw is actually a robot from the old NES game Base Wars, come to life.

MaxwellSmart
July 16th, 2014, 11:48 PM
Dodgers to pursue Phillies closer Jonathan Papelbon - MLB - SI.com (http://www.si.com/mlb/2014/07/16/jonathan-papelbon-dodgers-looking-trade-phillies-closer)

pb2k
July 16th, 2014, 11:56 PM
They should pursue a better GM instead.

KingsFan1985
July 17th, 2014, 02:02 PM
They should pursue a better GM instead.

They should get rid of all the McCourt era people not named Kershaw.

Colleti
Mattingly
Kemp
Ethier

Dodgers are the best team in baseball to have a lousy manager, lousy gm, and lousy, overpaid, hasbeen outfield who gets saved by the grace of Puig.

Also are the Puig haters officially gone now? Not only has there been no sophmore slump, he also seems to have matured at rapid rate. Yasiel still needs some polish, but he's at a point now where I can say he is no longer the least matured player on this team. There are slew of old guys on the Dodgers who are battling each other for the title of least mature, including Mr. my beard don't work no more, and Mr. I should play center field eventhough I'm too busy being a celeb instead of focusing on being a better baseball player.

pb2k
July 17th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Kemp is fine as long as he stays out of center field. They need to get a real center fielder and get rid of Ethier however they can.

KingsFan1985
July 17th, 2014, 08:25 PM
Kemp is fine as long as he stays out of center field. They need to get a real center fielder and get rid of Ethier however they can.

In an ideal world they should get rid of both of them, and send Crawford along too, but Kemp actually stinks the most out of all three.

WAR statistics:
Crawford 0.5
Ethier -0.4
Kemp -1.2

So Kemp's getting paid 20+ million to play worst than AAA player, but here's what seals the deal for me as to why Kemp needs to go and the Dodgers would actually be better team without him.

Matt Kemp stat line is: 305 AB/ .269 BA/ 8 HR/ 35 RBI/ 38R/ 5-5 SB-CS/ .330 OPB/ .964 Fielding %
Scott Van Slyke's stat line is: 127 AB/ .268 BA/ 8 HR/ 16RBI/ 20 R/ 2-2 SB-CS/ /.400 OPB/ 1.000 Fielding %

And Scott Van Slyke's WAR Stat is 2.0

So we got a better version of Kemp just sitting on the bench. I can't say for certain Joc Pederson will be better than Ethier, but I imagine he can't be any worst. The Dodgers need to go young in outfield and maybe that will give them the boost of energy they need to take them to the next level in October. People keep saying the Dodgers need veteran experience more than they need youth in the 2nd half, but Kemp and Ethier have been to the post season numerous times and have failed everytime to help carry the Dodgers to the World Series.

pb2k
July 18th, 2014, 08:43 AM
SVS is not better than Kemp. Kemp started slow because he hadn't played forever but since he has been getting regular playing time he has been hitting way better. His defense was really never good but if he stays in left that doesn't matter that much. With the shoulder surgeries his power will come back kind of slow and will probably never get back to where it was but it should get better. You're not going to get anywhere close to his value back in a trade so just keep him. Ethier really has no value so who cares what comes back just get rid of him.

pb2k
July 18th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Dan Haren's first 7 starts: 2 HR allowed, 2.68 ERA. His last 13 starts: 18 HR allowed, 5.25 ERA (4.2 IP tonight, if these 2 don't score)

https://twitter.com/truebluela/status/490315688309829633

Hopefully he is out of the rotation soon.

KingsFan1985
July 19th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Kemp started slow because he hadn't played forever but since he has been getting regular playing time he has been hitting way better. His defense was really never good but if he stays in left that doesn't matter that much. With the shoulder surgeries his power will come back kind of slow and will probably never get back to where it was but it should get better. You're not going to get anywhere close to his value back in a trade so just keep him. Ethier really has no value so who cares what comes back just get rid of him.

I greatly beg to differ that Ethier has no value. Ethier's a lefty, he plays a solid to gold glove outfield depending on what position he's playing, and he has a knack for making big hits. Pretty much every team in MLB values that. Now will you get something great in return for Ethier? No! Ethier's owed way too much money, and he couldn't hit a lefty of his life depended on it. Still some team that lacks a solid lefty outfielder who can make a big hit every once and while will value Andre to some extent.

I believe the Dodgers will put both Kemp and Ethier out there before the trade line ends. I think at this point it will be more likely a trade to get rid of fat and dead weight than it will be a trade to pick up a player the Dodgers need. It may sound like I'm saying for certain Ethier has more trade value than Kemp, but you never know. Some team may really covet Kemp's celebrity status and potential for home runs, but I think for the most part the both of them are worth a bag of peanuts unless the Dodgers are willing pay a large chunk of what's owed to them. In that regaurds this is where I think Kemp hurts the Dodgers a little more than Ethier when it comes to trade value.

I would be interested to hear what a non Dodgers fan has to say about Kemp and Ethier. I think bias towards both of these players always clouds this conversation.

pb2k
July 22nd, 2014, 07:31 PM
Mattingly just allowed Chris Perez, who should have been DFA'd months ago to walk four straight batters in the 8th inning of a one run game. What the **** is this guys problem?

Dawdler
July 22nd, 2014, 07:39 PM
Mattingly just allowed Chris Perez, who should have been DFA'd months ago to walk four straight batters in the 8th inning of a one run game. What the **** is this guys problem?

I blame Coletti, he put the roster together, he needs to go. all the money at his disposal and he pays top dollar on crap.

mugs
July 22nd, 2014, 08:10 PM
Wow! Mattingly sucks!!!

mugs
July 23rd, 2014, 07:06 AM
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd421/mugs3/DonnieDumDum.gif?t=1406124290

KingsFan1985
July 23rd, 2014, 09:46 AM
"They keep beaning out best batters! That's the second time they have injured Hanley. What do you suggest we do Donny?"
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/ac1394dbdcca6a36cbf486633b129cd813095ac3/r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/USATODAY/test/2013/08/06/1375769528000-USP-MLB-Los-Angeles-Dodgers-at-Arizona-Diamondbac-mac-1308060213_4_3.jpg

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd421/mugs3/DonnieDumDum.gif

Kubrick
July 23rd, 2014, 12:38 PM
If this team fails to reach the World Series, I think they'll both be shown the door. Tim Wallach has got to be licking his chops waiting for Donnie Baseball to get that pink slip.

Kubrick
July 23rd, 2014, 12:42 PM
So, when should we expect the Joc Pederson for Cliff Lee trade to go down?

pb2k
July 23rd, 2014, 04:32 PM
There is no way they can let Haren make another start after this.

Kubrick
July 23rd, 2014, 07:29 PM
There is no way they can let Haren make another start after this.

Time to call up Fife?

pb2k
July 23rd, 2014, 07:41 PM
Almost anything would be better. Think Kershaw can pitch right handed also?

Kubrick
July 23rd, 2014, 10:27 PM
Almost anything would be better. Think Kershaw can pitch right handed also?

What's Ted Lilly up to these days?

KingsFan1985
July 24th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Remember when the Dodgers use to have too many starters?

pb2k
July 24th, 2014, 06:13 PM
They never had too many good starters.

KingsFan1985
July 26th, 2014, 08:49 AM
It's looking more likely that this will be the last week we will see Matt Kemp in a Dodgers uniform.

Kemp's agent Stewart on trade talks: 'Sometimes change is good' - CBSSports.com (http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/24637113/kemps-agent-stewart-on-trade-talks-sometimes-change-is-good)

Interesting read.

Dawdler
July 26th, 2014, 11:34 AM
It's looking more likely that this will be the last week we will see Matt Kemp in a Dodgers uniform.

Kemp's agent Stewart on trade talks: 'Sometimes change is good' - CBSSports.com (http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/24637113/kemps-agent-stewart-on-trade-talks-sometimes-change-is-good)

Interesting read.

I was a huge Dave Stewart fan growing up but its obvious he has issues with the Dodgers organization since he left them for Oakland and everything he says about the Dodgers have a tinged of his distaste for the Dodgers and I really thing it has influenced Kemp in the way he acts and comments to the media. As far as I know Stewart only has 2 clients Kemp and Billingsley, yet I never hear him complain about how the Dodgers are treating Billz wrong because he is getting paid to do squat.

Stewart also saying he runs through walls and give his all and something needs to be done good for him, how about the 160 million dollars he got and the Dodgers waiting for 2 years for him to bounce back and the clamoring for him to return to CF because that's his best position which is not true at this point, Van Slyke and Either rank higher then him in play at CF.

I still believe Kemp can be somewhat of a player he used to be, but with Stewart yapping away he has become just as a big of a distraction as the Dodgers having 5 OF's. I do hope when Kemp gets moved he gets shipped to the AL because he will turn it around he just needs to heal but of course Stewart will blame the Dodgers for his client not fulfilling his potential.

My ideal OF at this point is Van Slyke, Pederson and Puig, inject some youth and the Dodgers should play better, they eventually need to jettison Either, Crawford (tall order because of their contracts) Ramirez, and most of the bullpen and the back end of the rotation, IMO this groups window is closing now and the Dodgers need to inject this team with some more youth.

Dawdler
July 26th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Peavy to the Giants (http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/11267401/jake-peavy-traded-boston-red-sox-san-francisco-giants)

The Giants are making moves to try to improve, what are the Dodgers going to do?

P. Diddy
July 26th, 2014, 11:46 PM
As a padres fan, peavy is not an improvement. He was lights out in San Diego, and there was a reason they dumped him... He's a gap filler til Cain gets better then he will sit or be sent down and probably claimed.

Kubrick
July 27th, 2014, 01:06 AM
Peavy to the Giants (http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/11267401/jake-peavy-traded-boston-red-sox-san-francisco-giants)

The Giants are making moves to try to improve, what are the Dodgers going to do?

This move helps the Dodgers. Peavy is trash. It's not 2007.

KingsFan1985
July 27th, 2014, 03:24 PM
I'm not laughing off the Peavy trade like everyone else is. While he is not as good as use to be, he still has a knack to give the Dodgers trouble. I remember going to a Dodgers vs. Red Sox game last season where Peavy was still giving Dodgers hitters the fits.

It will take more than a couple of good starts from Peavy against the Dodgers to turn the Giants around though.

KingsFan1985
July 27th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Here's the latest on the Matt Kemp trade front. Possible Kemp and large sums of cash to Boston for a rental of Jon Lester.

Red Sox Considering Lester For Kemp Trade – MLB Trade Rumors (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/07/red-sox-considering-lester-for-kemp-trade.html)

Other teams also interested in Kemp include Mariners, Rangers, and Indians.

Ned is also looking for relievers to pitch in the 7'th and 8'th. Looks like the Dodgers have given up on Wilson and Perez.

Dawdler
July 27th, 2014, 05:39 PM
Here's the latest on the Matt Kemp trade front. Possible Kemp and large sums of cash to Boston for a rental of Jon Lester.

Red Sox Considering Lester For Kemp Trade – MLB Trade Rumors (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/07/red-sox-considering-lester-for-kemp-trade.html)

Other teams also interested in Kemp include Mariners, Rangers, and Indians.

Ned is also looking for relievers to pitch in the 7'th and 8'th. Looks like the Dodgers have given up on Wilson and Perez.

if Ned trades Kemp for a rental and sends cash the other way, he not only needs to be fired but drawn and quartered, I hope Stan steps in before Ned makes a blunder.

Dawdler
July 27th, 2014, 08:23 PM
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2a/18/b6/2a18b6c75e743341c76a7b6f56f6e2a2.jpg

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f4/2b/1e/f42b1e455bfe0da3136682b2caed0f08.jpg

KingsFan1985
July 29th, 2014, 01:53 AM
Dodgers Interested In John Lackey – MLB Trade Rumors (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/07/dodgers-interested-in-john-lackey.html)

Kubrick
July 29th, 2014, 10:01 PM
Uh, yeah. Maybe we should re-think trading Kemp. Wow.

Kubrick
July 30th, 2014, 12:04 AM
It really looks like Beckett and Haren and done. I can definitely see Ned trading two of our top prospects to bring in a couple established arms.

mugs
July 30th, 2014, 09:12 AM
It really looks like Beckett and Haren and done. I can definitely see Ned trading two of our top prospects to bring in a couple established arms.

Yep. Probably Pederson and Urias for Cole Hamels. I think its damned if you do and damned if you don't.

KingsFan1985
July 30th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Everything I've read has the Dodgers talking Cole Hamels, but the Phillies wanting the Dodgers top 3 prospects. Alot of teams want Pederson in a package deal, but the Dodgers won't trade him and Kemp at the same time. I would actually be shocked if the Dodgers didn't trade Kemp because it seems like both sides are done with one another, and so my guess is Pederson will not be traded. Priority for the Dodgers is getting more starters, a 8'th inning reliever, and a center fielder.

This current outfield set up is not going to work. While it's nice to see flashes of the old Bison come back at the plate, Kemp is still a giant defensive liabilty at right field. I'm not sure if it was noticable on TV, but in person last night he kept making some hideous jumps at the ball on routine pop ups that thankfully he didn't let hit the ground. While Matt can still make a decent throw, I would say defensively Kemp is closer to Manny Ramirez than he he is to a gold glove calibur outfielder. At this point I think Kemp's skills are better suited for the AL. AL teams know it, the Dodgers know it, and I think Matt himself knows it.

KingsFan1985
July 30th, 2014, 10:00 AM
I can't believe no one has brough this up.

Vin Scully, after soul-searching, will be back for 66th Dodgers season - LA Times (http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/dodgersnow/la-sp-dn-dodgers-vin-scully-return-20140729-story.html)

DRGinLBC
July 30th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Vin Scully microphone giveaways going for $40 on eBay? Dang.

LetTigerIn
July 30th, 2014, 01:10 PM
… Kemp is still a giant defensive liabilty at right field. I'm not sure if it was noticable on TV, but in person last night he kept making some hideous jumps at the ball on routine pop ups that thankfully he didn't let hit the ground. While Matt can still make a decent throw, I would say defensively Kemp is closer to Manny Ramirez than he he is to a gold glove calibur outfielder. At this point I think Kemp's skills are better suited for the AL. AL teams know it, the Dodgers know it, and I think Matt himself knows it.

Remember the kind of terrible jumps he'd get early in his career? Now that was an adventure. He's much better now, but I guess still not that great.

There were people last night who were literally walking in, collecting their microphone, and walking right back out. Also, a lot of people who left in the first few innings and never came back.

I can't believe no one has brough this up.

Vin Scully, after soul-searching, will be back for 66th Dodgers season - LA Times (http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/dodgersnow/la-sp-dn-dodgers-vin-scully-return-20140729-story.html)

It was pretty fun how they announced this, and Vin's reaction to the ovation was unforgettable.

SuperCalo2000
July 30th, 2014, 02:27 PM

There were people last night who were literally walking in, collecting their microphone, and walking right back out. Also, a lot of people who left in the first few innings and never came back.

I always thought it was dumb when they let 1 person take as many giveaways as they had tickets. The whole merry go round they used to make them do made more sense. They lose out on concession money and fans there to see the game are left sol sometimes.

KingsFan1985
July 30th, 2014, 05:06 PM

Yeah, I always want to say something to those people. It's sickening because I struggled to get season tickets this season, and I know some long time season ticket holders who lost their seats because of demand, but when you walk into season ticket holder BP you see all these a**holes leaving with bags and even boxes full of giveaway items. Then when you check on ebay you see some people have taken photos at their house and have the item listed before the game has even started.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking down on those Dodgers fans who sell a couple extra on the side, or even those who get a ton but stick around for the game. I'm looking down on these scummy people who I know don't give two flips about the Dodgers, or sports in general, but have turned Dodgers giveaway nights and Dodgers autograpgh sessions into a business. I've met a few, and some of these people are about as scummy and as stupid as you get.

For example I went to a minor league baseball game the other day where they gave out Greinke bobbleheads, and this guy started talking to me about all the bobbleheads he has. At first I thought he was talking about his personal collection, but no he just wanted to brag about his ebay business and how he gets a 100 bobbleheads each time the Dodgers give out an item. You can tell this guy didn't care at all for baseball and he just wanted to jerk off about how, as he put it, "all these Mexicans" buy everything from him.

Total swap meet selling scumbag this guy was. That's how most of these people are.

Kubrick
July 30th, 2014, 09:58 PM
KeMVP?

Since June 4:
BA .238 to .282
SLG .398 to .452
OBP .291 to .347

Is he finally healthy?

pb2k
July 30th, 2014, 10:37 PM
And he just drove in the winning run. If he's actually back to being himself and Hanley can stop getting hurt every 4 games they might do alright the rest of the way.

KingsFan1985
July 30th, 2014, 11:53 PM
Can the Dodgers threaten Kemp with trade rumors everyday?

I know the mother f***er still has it in him, he just needs to stay focused and hungry on the baseball field, and not in the nightclub scene.

Cross Traffic
July 31st, 2014, 11:12 AM
http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Fr7_ByBMuLnOvT2sxNNfIQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9MjM5Njtjcj0xO2N3PTI5OTg7ZHg9MT tkeT0wO2ZpPXVsY3JvcDtoPTgwMDtxPTc1O3c9MTAwMQ--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/sports/2014-07-30/732ead30-17f6-11e4-9958-737b2b770f3c_482028781.jpg

Check out this photo, the caption on Yahoo says 1967, but the advertising on the wall shouts 50s. Vin pitching Schaffer and Lucky Strikes!

pb2k
July 31st, 2014, 09:15 PM
Dodgers really need to look into to getting a better catcher for next season.

Dawdler
July 31st, 2014, 10:00 PM
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2a/18/b6/2a18b6c75e743341c76a7b6f56f6e2a2.jpg

Trapper9
July 31st, 2014, 10:33 PM
http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Fr7_ByBMuLnOvT2sxNNfIQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9MjM5Njtjcj0xO2N3PTI5OTg7ZHg9MT tkeT0wO2ZpPXVsY3JvcDtoPTgwMDtxPTc1O3c9MTAwMQ--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/sports/2014-07-30/732ead30-17f6-11e4-9958-737b2b770f3c_482028781.jpg

Check out this photo, the caption on Yahoo says 1967, but the advertising on the wall shouts 50s. Vin pitching Schaffer and Lucky Strikes!

It's definitely not 1967 that's in Brooklyn

Kubrick
August 1st, 2014, 01:33 PM
Will Kershaw win the pitching Triple Crown this year?

He's leading in ERA, tied for #1 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) in Wins and he's tied for 4th in Ks.

Strasberg has 167 Ks 10.41 K/9 144.1 IP
Kershaw has 150 Ks 11.13 K/9 121.1 IP

pb2k
August 1st, 2014, 08:55 PM
For being a catcher that can't hit to save his life AJ Ellis is also a ****ty catcher.

pb2k
August 1st, 2014, 09:16 PM
Puig has looked pretty good in center field so far.

Dawdler
August 1st, 2014, 09:22 PM
Haren and Perez need to be DFA'd, Turner has been clueless all game, Crawford needs to sit, Gonzalez needs to learn how to slide, just a bad performance by most of the team, time to regroup and go at it tomorrow

pb2k
August 1st, 2014, 09:43 PM
I wrote this game off the minute they said Haren was starting.

Claw21
August 1st, 2014, 11:20 PM
Me too

LAsportsfan
August 2nd, 2014, 08:01 PM
Is Mattingly back to hating Ethier again?

No Puig and Gonzalez for tonight's game and he still can't crack the starting lineup? I know the Cubs starter is a lefty, but still, it's the Cubs.

Kubrick
August 2nd, 2014, 08:50 PM
Does Puig have the lowest baseball IQ in the game? How the hell does he allow himself to get picked off in that situation? Baffling.

Kubrick
August 2nd, 2014, 11:12 PM
Great to see Hanley get some quality swings tonight.

Beating the Cubs shouldn't be this difficult.

Kubrick
August 2nd, 2014, 11:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZyoQbga.jpg

pb2k
August 3rd, 2014, 03:05 PM
It would be great if the Dodgers could figure out a way for me to never have to see Beckett or Haren pitch again.

Kubrick
August 3rd, 2014, 04:22 PM
On the verge of dropping 2 out of 3 to the Cubs. Terrible.

Claw21
August 3rd, 2014, 04:23 PM
Why is Beckett, Haren, League, Ethier, Ellis, Perez still on this team?

pb2k
August 3rd, 2014, 04:30 PM
The same reason it took so long to get rid of Guerrier. Colletti likes to hold on to his mistakes way too long.

Kubrick
August 3rd, 2014, 04:33 PM
Let's get serious for a second.

If Chris Perez and Jonathan Broxton sat down to a hot wing eating contest, who wins?

pb2k
August 3rd, 2014, 04:33 PM
Every damn day the bullpen seems to be worse than it was the day before.

Dawdler
August 3rd, 2014, 05:25 PM
Why is Beckett, Haren, League, Ethier, Ellis, Perez still on this team?

don't forget Crawford, Justin Turner is out hitting him, Justin Freaking Turner

KingsFan1985
August 3rd, 2014, 08:14 PM
Every damn day the bullpen seems to be worse than it was the day before.

Mattingly has learned well from Torre. Mattingly knows how to utilize a bullpen like a virgin knows how to utilize a condom.

Let's get serious for a second.

If Chris Perez and Jonathan Broxton sat down to a hot wing eating contest, who wins?

Neither. They both would choke before finishing their plate.

MaxwellSmart
August 4th, 2014, 09:57 AM
don't forget Crawford, Justin Turner is out hitting him, Justin Freaking Turner

That's because Justin's a Titan.

http://www.dailytitan.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Turner-2.jpg

pb2k
August 4th, 2014, 03:26 PM
Chris Perez to the DL. So there's at least 15 days without having to watch him do whatever the hell it is that he's been doing.

Dawdler
August 4th, 2014, 07:38 PM
Chris Perez to the DL. So there's at least 15 days without having to watch him do whatever the hell it is that he's been doing.

no worries, it looks like Greinke has decided to pick up the slack while Perez is gone

Kubrick
August 5th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Mike Trout is awesome. Last night was my first time watching him play live. The kid is very impressive. I can't believe how fast he is. I really want to hate him because he's an Angel but I don't think it's possible.

mugs
August 5th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Mike Trout is awesome. Last night was my first time watching him play live. The kid is very impressive. I can't believe how fast he is. I really want to hate him because he's an Angel but I don't think it's possible.

Roids :muscle:

TooCool
August 5th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Roids :muscle:

He got them from Kershaw =D

Kubrick
August 5th, 2014, 09:40 PM
The bullpen continues to suck and suck hard.

KingsFan1985
August 6th, 2014, 12:22 AM
Brian Wilson > Kershaw

pb2k
August 7th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Really like Puig in center field so far. And Miguel Rojas is a lot of fun to watch play short.

mugs
August 7th, 2014, 10:29 PM
Dodgers traded for the pitcher formerly known as Fausto Carmona.

Kubrick
August 9th, 2014, 11:44 PM
You know what I'm not going to miss about Hanley, him getting hurt every two weeks.

Ned do not cut him a $100M paycheck, for the love of God.

Dawdler
August 10th, 2014, 01:26 PM
You know what I'm not going to miss about Hanley, him getting hurt every two weeks.

Ned do not cut him a $100M paycheck, for the love of God.

I agree the Dodgers need to cut ties with Ramirez, even though they showed a stat earlier this week that the Dodgers have a better record with Ramirez in the lineup then when he is not, but I'm sure a lot of those games were last year and not this year.

Kubrick
August 10th, 2014, 02:01 PM
I agree the Dodgers need to cut ties with Ramirez, even though they showed a stat earlier this week that the Dodgers have a better record with Ramirez in the lineup then when he is not, but I'm sure a lot of those games were last year and not this year.

His defense is poor and his health is not going to get better as he gets older. Han Ram is destined to be a DH. I'd really like to see him move to the AL and get a chance to bat in a hitters park.

Kubrick
August 13th, 2014, 12:37 PM
So it looks like Darwin Barney still has some game left in him.

Claw21
August 14th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Ned should be fired just for having League and Wilson still in a Dodger uniform.

mugs
August 14th, 2014, 02:15 PM
The bullpen is horrible.

Dawdler
August 15th, 2014, 10:13 PM
Flanders needs to be fired for putting together such a ****ty bullpen, the ineptitude coming out of the bullpen is an embarrassment

pb2k
August 15th, 2014, 10:15 PM
The pitchers are bad enough, but the way Mattingly manages the pen is just as bad if not worse.

P. Diddy
August 17th, 2014, 09:43 AM
You guys have the 3rd best record in MLB and you're upset? Come switch to padres blue, we'll give you something to complain about. At least you guys can hit!

mugs
August 17th, 2014, 12:03 PM
You guys have the 3rd best record in MLB and you're upset? Come switch to padres blue, we'll give you something to complain about. At least you guys can hit!

Come on Diddy. No one in their right mind would ever switch from the Dodgers to the Padres! ;)

Kubrick
August 17th, 2014, 12:10 PM
I hate the Brewers. Seriously. There isn't a player in the league I despise more than Ryan Braun and their team in general is just hateable.

Claw21
August 18th, 2014, 10:23 AM
How many more games will League and Wilson blow before they're just released?

Cross Traffic
August 18th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Worst part is that Blackbeard Wilson is under contract for another year at 10m, great job Ned.

Dawdler
August 18th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Worst part is that Blackbeard Wilson is under contract for another year at 10m, great job Ned.

it gets much worse League is signed till 2016 at around 8 million and Haren is under contract for another year at 10m, Ned really knows how to overpay on pitchers who are dog crap

Kubrick
August 19th, 2014, 12:45 PM
it gets much worse League is signed till 2016 at around 8 million and Haren is under contract for another year at 10m, Ned really knows how to overpay on pitchers who are dog crap

Dodgers finalize Dan Haren contract - True Blue LA (http://www.truebluela.com/2013/11/25/5143972/dan-haren-contract-official-dodgers)

Haren signed a 1 year 10M (bonuses for 24 starts and 150 IP) deal with a vesting option for year two. If he hits 180 IP then it turns into a player option. Haren has 25 starts and 143 IP. It looks like he'll have 6 or 7 more starts this year. It's going to be close.

MaxwellSmart
August 20th, 2014, 11:11 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/images/4/9/6/90509496/081914_puig_quick_reflexes_twitter_i734fnl2.gif

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/8/7/2/90500872/081914_lad_puig_fields_between_legs_twitter_bwaybk 8x.gif

P. Diddy
August 20th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Where's the dislike button

pb2k
August 20th, 2014, 08:56 PM
Ned's bargain bin starters sure are doing a great job. Starters need to go more than 5 ****ing innings with this ****ty ass bullpen.

P. Diddy
August 20th, 2014, 09:49 PM
Today's game is MUCH better!

KingsFan1985
August 21st, 2014, 12:33 PM
Shuffling the starting rotation for the playoffs before you've claimed a playoff spot.

Kubrick
August 21st, 2014, 01:08 PM
Sure feels like we're looking at a team that's 2-3 players short of being a real contender. 200+ Million dollars just doesn't go as far as it used to.

pb2k
August 22nd, 2014, 07:12 PM
Three pitches into the game and Haren has already given up a home run. What a joke.

KingsFan1985
August 23rd, 2014, 12:18 PM
Three pitches into the game and Haren has already given up a home run. What a joke.

I guess the joke was on the Mets after those first three pitches.

How about some love for Haren? Only one God awful start in his last 4 outings.

pb2k
August 23rd, 2014, 07:33 PM
Joc Pederson with the first 30/30 season in the PCL since 1934.

Kubrick
August 23rd, 2014, 10:56 PM
Joc Pederson with the first 30/30 season in the PCL since 1934.

I expect one or both of Kemp and Crawford to be dealt this winter. With their vastly improved play, some teams are going to come calling on these guys and that will open up a slot for Joc.

Kubrick
August 24th, 2014, 03:24 PM
Puig never ceases to amaze.