PDA

View Full Version : hullo friends

kings county
June 13th, 2014, 12:25 PM
hi everybody,

i'm greg. southern california -> brooklyn transplant. definitely haven't been following the boys as long as some of y'all, but i'll say this: when i was small, some of the guys on the cul de sac and i heard about some famous guy coming to play something called hawky in los angeles. it seemed like a big deal, and when we saw the game for the first time on television, well i'm sure it comes as no surprise to you that the impact was immediate. We strapped on our skates (roller. you know the plastic ones that actually went over your sneakers?) and since the sporting goods stores hadn't started selling sticks (and since roller hockey pucks hadn't been invented) we literally nailed together two angled pieces of door trim from the side yard, busted out the tennis ball, and like that it was on.

i've read the forums for years, and i'm joining mainly so i can get access to all these wonderful emoticons, but also because i want to voice my appreciation for the GDTs and WTSs. thanks for keeping this going, everybody.

lgk

:monkeykiss:

beedee
June 13th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Great intro and welcome. mitchrock will be very excited that you chose to use his emoticon as your very first one!

jammer06
June 13th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Welcome

Dexter
June 13th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Have a very :melf: day young sir.

mitchrock
June 13th, 2014, 03:51 PM
hi everybody,

i'm greg. southern california -> brooklyn transplant. definitely haven't been following the boys as long as some of y'all, but i'll say this: when i was small, some of the guys on the cul de sac and i heard about some famous guy coming to play something called hawky in los angeles. it seemed like a big deal, and when we saw the game for the first time on television, well i'm sure it comes as no surprise to you that the impact was immediate. We strapped on our skates (roller. you know the plastic ones that actually went over your sneakers?) and since the sporting goods stores hadn't started selling sticks (and since roller hockey pucks hadn't been invented) we literally nailed together two angled pieces of door trim from the side yard, busted out the tennis ball, and like that it was on.

i've read the forums for years, and i'm joining mainly so i can get access to all these wonderful emoticons, but also because i want to voice my appreciation for the GDTs and WTSs. thanks for keeping this going, everybody.

lgk

:monkeykiss:

Hello fellow Simian New York Transplant!