kaburu
July 22nd, 2014, 04:17 PM
Anyone going to the game?

http://www.rosebowlstadium.com/events/la-galaxy-vs-manchester-united

LetTigerIn
July 22nd, 2014, 04:32 PM
I can't go. Sold my tickets.

Glad to see that Omar will be back.

Thankfully, I got to see Manchester United back when Beckham first came to Galaxy. There are a few players added since then that I'd like to see, but foremost would have been van Persie, of course, who isn't playing.

Dawdler
July 22nd, 2014, 08:37 PM
wasn't planning on going but a friend of mine wanted to go, so I'm going, should be fun

ucsdguy1
July 23rd, 2014, 10:40 AM
Was going to go, but getting in and out of the rose bowl is such a pain. And an 8:00 start on a weeknight with a baby at home is tough, so I sold my ticket. (well the galaxy website says 7:30, but my dvr says 8:00)

I went many years back when Man U played Club America at the Coliseum, and it was a good time. (last year galaxy vs. tottenham was very meaningful for me too).

Van Gaal is already complaining about the US tour, and supposedly some big guns for the Man U squad won't be playing tonight. But I fully expect Chicharito to get a good run in for the LA crowd.

Cross Traffic
July 23rd, 2014, 10:52 PM
The Galaxy scrubs that were dressed were embarrassed by Man U tonight 7-0. My gawd, what bad soccer to watch.

pucktheducks
July 25th, 2014, 11:56 AM
I'm a huge Galaxy fan and part of the riot squad, but I watched Manchester United when I was younger and fell in love in soccer. It was a dream of mine to see ManU play and what a hell of a game it was. Bottom of my stomach had a pit in it watching the G's get their ass kicked,but what a fantastic game. Loved every minute of it.

Cross Traffic
July 25th, 2014, 06:12 PM
I went to the Club America/Man U game at the Coliseum in 2003, got me hooked on the Red Devils.

Dawdler
July 25th, 2014, 08:49 PM
I'm a huge Galaxy fan and part of the riot squad, but I watched Manchester United when I was younger and fell in love in soccer. It was a dream of mine to see ManU play and what a hell of a game it was. Bottom of my stomach had a pit in it watching the G's get their ass kicked,but what a fantastic game. Loved every minute of it.

I'm kinda confused by these comments you say you're a huge Galaxy fan, yet you loved every minute of the Galaxy being mauled by ManU, it seems it would be kinda a hard to do that.

I was in the same predicament last year when Spurs played the Galaxy, I was so conflicted I didn't attend the game or go on any message boards of either team till it was over, I wasn't happy or sad after the game because both teams I love were playing each other and I couldn't love every part of that game.

pucktheducks
July 27th, 2014, 01:52 PM
I'm kinda confused by these comments you say you're a huge Galaxy fan, yet you loved every minute of the Galaxy being mauled by ManU,

Where does it say I enjoyed watching the Galaxy get mauled? I said I had a pit in my stomach watching it, but I enjoyed watching the match,cause it was ManU, and it was a dream of mine to see them play. Never said I enjoyed watching the beatdown.

Dawdler
July 27th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Where does it say I enjoyed watching the Galaxy get mauled? I said I had a pit in my stomach watching it, but I enjoyed watching the match,cause it was ManU, and it was a dream of mine to see them play. Never said I enjoyed watching the beatdown.

this part "Loved every minute of it." was the part I was not understanding, which to me means you love everything about it.

I'll just drop it now, no harm no foul, just curious about the wording and still a bit peeved how the Galaxy performed.

empire
July 27th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Galaxy are in the middle of a season and do not want to expend energy or risk injury for no points. Man U. are preseason, doing warm ups and show offs for the manager to earn a spot on the team.
Galaxy are a good team in the MLS, there is no comparison with Man U.

ucsdguy1
July 28th, 2014, 09:45 AM
I'm with Dawdler....the Tottenham/Galaxy game was more of a glorified scrimmage, in which I could tell myself the outcome had absolutely no meaning.

Most of these pre-season friendlies are meaningless except for the money grabs. But I have to say, if they scheduled say a Tottenham vs. Arsenal friendly here, that'd be pretty tasty...