PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration

LAKingsfan67
September 3rd, 2014, 04:55 PM
Hello! How is everyone?
Been a King fan since 1970 at the young age of 3. My father would take me and my 3 older brothers to a game every couple months. I loved going to the games, hearing the skates cutting on the ice, the chill in the stands at the Great Western Forum and Hockey players. At home my brothers would listen to the games on the radio in their rooms which I loved to infiltrate. Listening to Bob Miller the voice of Kings hockey on KFI or KRLA a great voice that excites and calms me at the same time. In my younger teenage years my brothers played on a Street Hockey team in Canoga Park which I would try to catch a few games a month and loved watching. I think that is where I started to understand the rules of the game.

At 20 I had a son and Hockey presence was building in LA. I put him on the ice at the Iceoplex in North Hills at 1 and ? years old. After a few years of skating lessons and street hockey he was signed up at the Iceoplex for the West Valley Wolves and played on the Black team. Those were some of the best years watching my son play and seeing the Kings practices at the Iceoplex, his favorite player Luc Robitaille. My son was in the locker room one day and Luc walked in and sat down right next to him. My son looked up at him and said ?I am a huge Kings fan?. Luc said to my son ?I?m a huge Wolves fan?. Today my son lives in Chicago but lives and breathes the Kings (he gets a lot of flak and his wife is a Hawk fan). When I visit I have a lot of fun with sidewalk chalk and those Hawks. He makes his mother proud with his Hockey knowledge. I hope someday he?ll coach.

Then I moved to Phoenix for a job and have been here 9 years.  I see as many Kings games when they?re at Jobbing here as I can but do not really care for the ?Yote? fans and they don?t really care for me. I subscribe to the NHL package and tape the games to watch at my leisure.
The Kings are inspiration and motivators for me. I am just so ecstatic their time is here.

jammer06
September 3rd, 2014, 04:59 PM
Welcome! glad to hear you were able to pass along the values to the next generation

LAKingsfan67
September 4th, 2014, 10:02 PM
Thanks Jammer06.
I'm hoping that I can find a buddy here in phoenix to watch games with.