PDA

View Full Version : Kobe's chase for 3rd all time

Hkyfmly
October 29th, 2014, 09:05 AM
To start the season Kobe had 31,700 points number 4 all time. Micheal Jordan has 32,292. So he is 593 points away from passing him. With 19 last night. he is now 574 points away. So I say game 30 he should pass him. I will keep a countdown going.

TooCool
October 29th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Go Kobe! Might be the only way to keep butts in seats at Staples this year.

mitchrock
October 29th, 2014, 02:20 PM
I'll be more excited when Kobe plays his first game as a Rancho Cucamonga Quake.

jccawdrey
October 29th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Hmmm, I was hoping he would watch some Selanne games soon...

nm156
October 29th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Well at least Kobe has something to aim for because the play offs certainly aren't gonna happen.

Hkyfmly
October 30th, 2014, 07:32 AM
With 31 points last night he is now 543 points away from 3rd all time. still on track for game 30.

Hkyfmly
November 3rd, 2014, 08:16 AM
With 21 vs. the Clippes and 28 vs. the Warriors Kobe is now 494 points away from passing Jordan. So if he averages 20 points a gmae 24-25 more games to break it. So circle the tems 28th or 29th game to watch.

Hkyfmly
November 5th, 2014, 08:19 AM
With 39 points last night Kobe is now 455 points away.

Hkyfmly
November 10th, 2014, 08:41 AM
With 21 points last night vs. the Hornets. Kobe is now 434 points away. If anyone notices I miss a game or my math is off please let me know.

Hkyfmly
November 12th, 2014, 08:11 AM
28 points last night in another loss. He is now 406 points away from 3rd all time. so If he average's about 20 points a game then he is 20 games away. I need to get a schedule to see when that will be.

mrm55
November 12th, 2014, 05:48 PM
28 points last night in another loss. He is now 406 points away from 3rd all time. so If he average's about 20 points a game then he is 20 games away. I need to get a schedule to see when that will be.

Ironically Steve Nash has missed as many games as Kobe's point totals.

Hkyfmly
November 13th, 2014, 07:48 AM
with 33 last night in another loss Kobe is 373 away from 3rd all time.

Troyvsc
November 13th, 2014, 09:36 AM
You seem to be the only that cares judging by the posts in this thread. Btw you forgot to mention Kobe's record of most missed shots ever.

They are really bad. What 1-7 ouch.

Still blame Stern for messing up the Lakers long term by not allowing the Chris Paul trade.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hkyfmly
November 13th, 2014, 10:43 AM
You seem to be the only that cares judging by the posts in this thread. Btw you forgot to mention Kobe's record of most missed shots ever.

They are really bad. What 1-7 ouch.

Still blame Stern for messing up the Lakers long term by not allowing the Chris Paul trade.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I think others care. They just read what I post and et on with their lives. I just like keeping track. I wonder if a big deal will be made when he does it or will it be treated as ho hum.

I thought about putting all the missed shots but there is enough baggage with him and the team.

I missed or forgot about the Paul trade. If you can enlighten me about it.

I hope people like I am keeping track.

Troyvsc
November 13th, 2014, 01:29 PM
I think others care. They just read what I post and et on with their lives. I just like keeping track. I wonder if a big deal will be made when he does it or will it be treated as ho hum.

I thought about putting all the missed shots but there is enough baggage with him and the team.

I missed or forgot about the Paul trade. If you can enlighten me about it.

I hope people like I am keeping track.

The Lakers had a trade set up to get Chris Paul (I forget the details of who was all in the trade) and Stern blocked it. A week or so later he was Traded to the Clippers for less than what I think the Lakers were giving up in their trade. Lakers then got Dwight Howard and Steve Nash and the rest is History. Stern had no business blocking that trade the way he did.

Hkyfmly
November 13th, 2014, 01:55 PM
The Lakers had a trade set up to get Chris Paul (I forget the details of who was all in the trade) and Stern blocked it. A week or so later he was Traded to the Clippers for less than what I think the Lakers were giving up in their trade. Lakers then got Dwight Howard and Steve Nash and the rest is History. Stern had no business blocking that trade the way he did.

Well that sucks. I wonder why he did that? Did Sterling offer him his mistress? Maybe that's why she intraped him.

TooCool
November 15th, 2014, 05:44 AM
I do appreciate the posts! It's the only reason to watch Laker games right now as I continue to :fpalm: over and over because of how useless this team is.

It seems like every one of Kobe's misses against the Spurs tonight his shots were always short. Tired legs? Byron Scott has a sick sense of humor playing him this many minutes.

redxalonso
November 16th, 2014, 05:53 AM
I do appreciate the posts! It's the only reason to watch Laker games right now as I continue to :fpalm: over and over because of how useless this team is.

It seems like every one of Kobe's misses against the Spurs tonight his shots were always short. Tired legs? Byron Scott has a sick sense of humor playing him this many minutes.

Byron Scott is not the best coach in the world, but he has been to the Finals as a coach and Kobe is just a freak of nature when it comes to conditioning.

With Kobe's recent injuries, I don't think Scott would put Kobe at risk if he didn't know Kobe could handle them

Hkyfmly
November 17th, 2014, 08:43 AM
I am glad you guys like the posts. I was/am doing them to keep myself/others half way interested in this Lakers season. So with 9 points Friday Kobe is 364 points away. Then a monster game last night with 44 points he is now 320 points away. So thinking 20 points a game he is 16 games away. Dang I really need to get a schedule to figuire out which game to tell everyone to watch him do it in. I wonder if we van do a v bookie on it?

TooCool
November 17th, 2014, 09:02 AM
I am glad you guys like the posts. I was/am doing them to keep myself/others half way interested in this Lakers season. So with 9 points Friday Kobe is 364 points away. Then a monster game last night with 44 points he is now 320 points away. So thinking 20 points a game he is 16 games away. Dang I really need to get a schedule to figuire out which game to tell everyone to watch him do it in. I wonder if we van do a v bookie on it?

16 games away... would this be in time for the Christmas Day game against the BULLS? :) That would be their big draw. The Bulls going up against a Lakers team with only a handful of wins... but Kobe is going to pass MJ!

Hkyfmly
November 17th, 2014, 03:08 PM
16 games away... would this be in time for the Christmas Day game against the BULLS? :) That would be their big draw. The Bulls going up against a Lakers team with only a handful of wins... but Kobe is going to pass MJ!

Will they make a big deal of it? When he became fourth all time. I was keeping track but no one else mentioned it and when he did it in the game they made a small announcement along the lines of "BTW that basket just put Kobe fourth all time in NBA scoring." then they went on like no big deal and I never saw anything else. Or is this a bigger deal because it is MJ and there is no way he is catching #2 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2) much less #1 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) ?

Doing it against the Bulls on Christmas day would be epic in my opinon. Lets see how he does the next two games. I will have those point totals on Thursday. Away on Wendsday.

Hkyfmly
November 20th, 2014, 09:16 AM
He was 320 points away before Tuesday nights game he got 28 points in the win. so 292 away then last night he gets 29 points. So he is now 263 away from being third all time. He is doing better then 20 points a game but I will stick with that average a game so he is 13 games away. That would be Monday Dec 15th at the Pacers. Darn I was hoping for him to do it at home.

TooCool
November 20th, 2014, 11:27 AM
32,000 points and a 2 game winning streak! Amazing stuff.

Hkyfmly
November 20th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Which will come first? 33,000 points or a three game winning streak? /sarcasm/

Hkyfmly
November 22nd, 2014, 07:31 AM
With 17 points last night in the loss to Dallas he is now 246 points away.

Cross Traffic
November 22nd, 2014, 05:51 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--OLwT1ME2--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/ykuwteohnwmec5ugugft.gif

Nice shot Kobe, 10 plus feet outside of 3 range and 6 sec on the shot clock. Selfish bastard.

Hkyfmly
November 24th, 2014, 08:39 AM
With 27 points in the loss to Denver he is now 219 points away from 3rd all time. so we are looking at 11 games from now. That would be Dec 15th at Indiana.

TooCool
November 24th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Nice shot Kobe, 10 plus feet outside of 3 range and 6 sec on the shot clock. Selfish bastard.

If you don't have anything nice to say...

You know the rest.

Hkyfmly
November 24th, 2014, 10:02 AM
If you don't have anything nice to say...

You know the rest.

Thank You. I was thinking the exact same thing.

Hkyfmly
November 25th, 2014, 09:45 AM
I will be away for the next 3 games so I will update the point total on Monday when I am back.

Hkyfmly
December 1st, 2014, 09:04 AM
So with 79 points in the last three games. Kobe is now 140 points away from third all time. So he is about 7 games away, That would be the 12/14 game at Minisota. He moved up by a game. Nice. Congratulations to being the first player to 30K points and 6K assists. Never thought of him as an assist man. Guess he is not as selfish asd perople think he is.

Hkyfmly
December 4th, 2014, 08:14 AM
With 12 points against Detroit and 29 against Washington. He is now 99 ponits away. Five games away. 12/14 it is looking like. I should throw a watch party.

TooCool
December 4th, 2014, 08:52 AM
With 12 points against Detroit and 29 against Washington. He is now 99 ponits away. Five games away. 12/14 it is looking like. I should throw a watch party.

Getting closer and closer!! =D

Hkyfmly
December 8th, 2014, 08:48 AM
So with 22 points on Friday against Boston and 14 last night against New Orleans. he is 63 points away. so 3 games I think. the next two games are Sacramento and San Antonio. I do not see him dropping 30 points in each game so I will update Wendsday morning. So close.

TooCool
December 8th, 2014, 09:05 AM
So with 22 points on Friday against Boston and 14 last night against New Orleans. he is 63 points away. so 3 games I think. the next two games are Sacramento and San Antonio. I do not see him dropping 30 points in each game so I will update Wendsday morning. So close.

Tuesday - VS Sacramento
Friday - @ San Antonio
Sunday - @ Minnesota
Monday - @ Indiana
Friday - VS Oklahoma City

Looks like it'll be done on the road. Honestly wished he could have done it at home, but hey. A record is a record! =D

Hkyfmly
December 8th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Since Sunday is probally the game it is done. I am thinking of a watch party. Is there a good place in Santa Clarita area to watch the Kings game against the Leafs then the Lakers game? Man that is a long time to spend in one bar/resturant. Expensive also.

Hkyfmly
December 10th, 2014, 08:13 AM
With 32 points last night. Kobe is 31 points away from third all time. So does he do it Friday against the Spurs or Sunday against the Timberwolves? My money is on Sunday. 12 points against the spurs 20 + on Sunday for third all time. Then no more thread. And I have enjoyed doing this. :(

TooCool
December 10th, 2014, 11:21 AM
With 32 points last night. Kobe is 31 points away from third all time. So does he do it Friday against the Spurs or Sunday against the Timberwolves? My money is on Sunday. 12 points against the spurs 20 + on Sunday for third all time. Then no more thread. And I have enjoyed doing this. :(

He'll beat Karl Malone too! It's still technically possible right? Karl is at 36928. So that's about 7000 more. Just some simple math. 30 Points a game for 233 more games. So say he doesn't get injured again... that's a little under 3 seasons. I'm pretty sure Kobe isn't done at 38 either. It's just the having to maintain the 30 ppg average that seems too insane. But hey.. insane is Kobe's middle name.

Obviously, I'm looking way too far ahead. I'll just enjoy the record for now when he passes Jordan. :) Kobe > Jordan

Hkyfmly
December 10th, 2014, 01:46 PM
He'll beat Karl Malone too! It's still technically possible right? Karl is at 36928. So that's about 7000 more. Just some simple math. 30 Points a game for 233 more games. So say he doesn't get injured again... that's a little under 3 seasons. I'm pretty sure Kobe isn't done at 38 either. It's just the having to maintain the 30 ppg average that seems too insane. But hey.. insane is Kobe's middle name.

Obviously, I'm looking way too far ahead. I'll just enjoy the record for now when he passes Jordan. :) Kobe > Jordan

Malone as of today is 4,666 points ahead of Kobe. If he averages 20 points a game he would need to play 234 more games to catch him. So 2 more seasons after this one?

I might keep up the count down just for sh@#$ and giggles.

Hkyfmly
December 15th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Well time to wrap up this thread. He past Jordan for 3rd all time at the 5:24 mark of the 2nd period last night on a pair of free throws. Give me a few day's I will probally start a chase for 2nd all time thread. It is a way's off but not much else to make it intersting. I am not a Basketball fan I find it very boring compared to hockey. Thanks for reading my post's.

TooCool
December 17th, 2014, 02:20 AM
Super late congrats to Kobe! Wish he could done it with a jumper but hey, points are points.

Funny how there are haters out there saying that Kobe only took ____ more games to pass Jordan. But it's a two way street. One can easily argue that by saying that, it means Jordan was a bigger ball hog than Kobe. Plus, Kobe reached 6000 assists along with his 30,000 points, something Jordan has failed to do.

Hkyfmly
December 18th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Super late congrats to Kobe! Wish he could done it with a jumper but hey, points are points.

Funny how there are haters out there saying that Kobe only took ____ more games to pass Jordan. But it's a two way street. One can easily argue that by saying that, it means Jordan was a bigger ball hog than Kobe. Plus, Kobe reached 6000 assists along with his 30,000 points, something Jordan has failed to do.

So True. Also what are you doing up at 1:20 in the morning? :)

Kings7
May 1st, 2016, 11:28 PM
Lebron is on pace to pass Kobe in points.

NobleSavage
May 1st, 2016, 11:40 PM
http://www.alancastillo.com/sitebuilder/images/necroposting-796x640.jpg