PDA

View Full Version : Clash of Clans

Drop The Gloves
December 2nd, 2014, 05:29 PM
Any Clash of Clans players out there? Any tips for base set ups? I've gone to many websites with base setups but none that I have seen that are strong.

Also, if anyone is in need for a Clan let me know, we can always use some more good players :)

beedee
December 2nd, 2014, 06:03 PM
Yup, I think I had a thread awhile back but it got tossed in a recent purge. Our clan is called "GEMCO", TooCool from here is in it. It consists of mainly my coworkers, my wife is also in it. We don't go to war much, but we always donate good troops. Feel free to check us out, my name on it is; VanillaGorilla.

TooCool
December 3rd, 2014, 09:15 AM
Any tips for base set ups? I've gone to many websites with base setups but none that I have seen that are strong.

I must have arranged my base at least 10 different times and I feel like it doesn't matter how you arrange it. The people who pay to win are going to destroy your base with ease regardless of what you do.

I'm currently using what I call a "triangle defense" mode. I put Air Defense, Wizard Towers, and Mortars in a (you guessed it), triangle style where they each over lap each other in some way. This at least protects most of my Dark Elixir, Gold, and Elixir. Then I just put the Archer Towers and Cannons all around. But still, I can easily lose over 300-450k in Gold and Elixir when my shield is down. Really depends on what those Koreans do.

Since we haven't been going to war (the matchmaking is terrible by the way), I just dump my town hall in the corner. Half the time, I get lucky with people only caring about trophies. They'll just send out like 5 archers to destroy my town hall, thus activating my shield for a good 10+ hours by default. So they'll end up getting 1000 gold and elixir only and I get my shield. :)

I'm currently working on Level 4 Dragons... I needed 8 freaking million Elixir to do it. I had no choice but to activate the 1 week shield so that I could reach 8 million elixir. I was hovering around 4 mil of gold & elixir and every time my shield went down, I would lose 500k easily. There's just no way to truly protect your base. But like beedee mentioned, we donate a ton of good troops in our clan. I don't even care about the war or raiding at this point, can't beat em. But out of habit, I check it 2-3 times a day to collect my stuff and to donate the best I can to help out others who are more invested in the game than I am.

beedee
December 3rd, 2014, 11:04 AM
TC summed it up well. There is always going to be someone bigger and better that will come through and pillage your village. I rarely attack anymore, and if I do it is only to get that final 150k-200k to go ahead with an upgrade. I also keep my town hall outside my walls up in a corner, my trophy count usually hovers around the 1200 mark due to me not attacking, and people trophy dumping me. I got up to the Crystal League for the gem bonus, then let myself slide back down to where I'm currently at. At this point I feel like I have lots of time invested so I just keep chugging along.

beedee
December 3rd, 2014, 11:59 AM
Here is a screenshot I just took of my setup.
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p90/stellaplease/Screenshot_2014-12-03-10-58-22_zpsrqx7ovh0.png

Drop The Gloves
December 3rd, 2014, 12:01 PM
I must have arranged my base at least 10 different times and I feel like it doesn't matter how you arrange it. The people who pay to win are going to destroy your base with ease regardless of what you do.

I'm currently using what I call a "triangle defense" mode. I put Air Defense, Wizard Towers, and Mortars in a (you guessed it), triangle style where they each over lap each other in some way. This at least protects most of my Dark Elixir, Gold, and Elixir. Then I just put the Archer Towers and Cannons all around. But still, I can easily lose over 300-450k in Gold and Elixir when my shield is down. Really depends on what those Koreans do.

Since we haven't been going to war (the matchmaking is terrible by the way), I just dump my town hall in the corner. Half the time, I get lucky with people only caring about trophies. They'll just send out like 5 archers to destroy my town hall, thus activating my shield for a good 10+ hours by default. So they'll end up getting 1000 gold and elixir only and I get my shield. :)

I'm currently working on Level 4 Dragons... I needed 8 freaking million Elixir to do it. I had no choice but to activate the 1 week shield so that I could reach 8 million elixir. I was hovering around 4 mil of gold & elixir and every time my shield went down, I would lose 500k easily. There's just no way to truly protect your base. But like beedee mentioned, we donate a ton of good troops in our clan. I don't even care about the war or raiding at this point, can't beat em. But out of habit, I check it 2-3 times a day to collect my stuff and to donate the best I can to help out others who are more invested in the game than I am.

Yeah I have noticed the last 3 weeks the system is allowing enemies to take a lot more of my elixir, dark elixir, and coins from me. I think they are trying to encourage people to attack more. Yesterday I attacked 3 times and got 1 million gold coins out of it. Never could do that before.

My clan name is Dark Riders and my game name is King Balt. I found that when people want to search for your clan specifically if you give the clan ID as a search it finds it that way. There are a LOT of Dark Riders clans out there!

mitchrock
December 3rd, 2014, 04:42 PM

Did you learn the triangle defense from Phil Jackson?

RoyalSubject
December 3rd, 2014, 04:52 PM
What TH are we talking here? I'm just about maxed at TH7 and the base layout I've been using has been amazing. It's a farming base. I only lose more that 1k gold/elixir when I haven't been opening the game to clear my collectors. When people have tried to penetrate the interior, they almost always fail and rarely hit more than 1 or 2 of my storages. The two worst defenses I've had were against TH9s and even they couldn't 3 star me. I think 85% is the best they were able to do.

This was the inspiration. My base is pretty close to this with only a few minor differences.

The Lion (http://www.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClans/comments/2bxb6y/base_the_lion_a_th7_farming_base/)

http://i.imgur.com/OMc8QVh.jpg

Drop The Gloves
December 3rd, 2014, 05:56 PM
Well I have 3 accounts on the same Clan (3 different devices, haha!) I have level 7 (King Balt), level 6 (Derp), and level 4 (Blake's Army, my son's account...technically :Blue_smiley:).

On this picture I can't tell, is the town hall behind the Request Now icon?

Drop The Gloves
December 3rd, 2014, 05:59 PM
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p90/stellaplease/Screenshot_2014-12-03-10-58-22_zpsrqx7ovh0.png

Level 8 TH, yes?

beedee
December 3rd, 2014, 06:19 PM
yes, you can barely see it at the very top of the pic, it is partially cropped out. i haven't been 3 starred with the is setup.

TooCool
December 4th, 2014, 08:43 AM
My walls are still level 4-5... They cost way too much Gold (and Elixir later).

My town hall is at Level 10 though, with Inferno Tower and all. I really should re-arrange my base. I haven't done it since Town Hall 7.

RoyalSubject
December 4th, 2014, 09:09 AM
On this picture I can't tell, is the town hall behind the Request Now icon?

Yep. I've actually moved mine closer towards the base though. That way my southernmost mortar can hit any warriors who attack the TH in case they decide to push inward after they snipe the TH. I also don't have any space between buildings outside the outer walls and the walls themselves.

RoyalSubject
December 4th, 2014, 05:18 PM

Good design. I think I'd swap the elixir collectors at 2 and 10 o'clock with the mines at 4 and 8 o'clock. I like to keep gold and elixir as un-clumped as possible to give people who are after a particular resource as little reason to attack me as I can.

JGON85
December 5th, 2014, 12:04 AM
There's my TH9 design, very effective and allowed me to save up enough Elixir and DE for a few upgrades.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/04/a01cd92bf49cb0fab19d22e07c586e88.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Drop The Gloves
December 5th, 2014, 10:42 AM
I've been getting a lot more loot lately, I've just been using about 85 Barbarians, 85 Archers, My Barbarian King, and 5 Wall busters along with a couple of heal spells. What do you guys use?

Drop The Gloves
December 5th, 2014, 10:45 AM
There's my TH9 design, very effective and allowed me to save up enough Elixir and DE for a few upgrades.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/04/a01cd92bf49cb0fab19d22e07c586e88.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If that set up came up as an option to attack...I wouldn't :D

RoyalSubject
December 5th, 2014, 11:59 AM
I've been getting a lot more loot lately, I've just been using about 85 Barbarians, 85 Archers, My Barbarian King, and 5 Wall busters along with a couple of heal spells. What do you guys use?

Roughly the same. I use 90 barbs, 90 archers, but up it to 10wb for getting further into tougher bases. I only use my barb king when I've deployed poorly and lost most of my troops but have exposed the loot in the process, or on high loot raids when I expect to also drop a rage spell or two.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I train 3 rage spells. I reserve them for high loot raids or when I don't care about losing elixir. I used to go with heals all the time, but I've personally found rage to be more effective.

Drop The Gloves
December 5th, 2014, 03:57 PM
The rage spell is where I fall short. I'm trying to collect for it now.

beedee
December 5th, 2014, 04:52 PM
i have level 4 rage spells, i usually one of them with giants after they start doing their thing, its like they are on PCP!

MelissaGKG
December 5th, 2014, 05:46 PM
CLASH OF CLANS!!!
I just got Town Hall 7, so I activated the week shield with all my saved gems so I can upgrade all my new defenses.
I was really hoping they would do a 1 gem boost over Thanksgiving. but no dice there, I have yet to put a penny towards the game, so it's taking a bit... but im just excited i finally got to Town Hall 7

I think I have changed my base at least 7 different times because I am still in the building phases...
Currently working on unlocking the dragon, only 2 more days to go! woo wooo.

beedee
December 5th, 2014, 05:57 PM
if anyone wants to jump in our clan, it is "GEMCO".

did any of you guys get in on the gemmageddan a few months back? it was awesome, you'd spend gems, but they wouldn't come out of your gem count.

RoyalSubject
December 5th, 2014, 10:58 PM
CLASH OF CLANS!!!
I just got Town Hall 7, so I activated the week shield with all my saved gems so I can upgrade all my new defenses.
I was really hoping they would do a 1 gem boost over Thanksgiving. but no dice there, I have yet to put a penny towards the game, so it's taking a bit... but im just excited i finally got to Town Hall 7

I think I have changed my base at least 7 different times because I am still in the building phases...
Currently working on unlocking the dragon, only 2 more days to go! woo wooo.

The base I posted above is TH7 and has served me well. Can't recommend it enough if you don't care about trophies and like free shields.

Drop The Gloves
December 15th, 2014, 02:37 PM
I see they now offer the Dark Elixir drill for TH7 as before you had to go farm for it. Nice!

beedee
December 15th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Yeah this snowy update is kinda meh. I don't like that you can't use elixir anymore to upgrade walls unless you have a level 9 TH. The bonus dark elixir drill was kind of nice though. Beware, if you tap on the present next to the xmas tree it will be cashed out, 5,000 elixir is the gift. It DOES NOT give you the info box option, so if you tap it, it cashes out. Also, you can upgrade your gold mines and elixir pumps to level 12 now.

RoyalSubject
December 15th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I was pretty disappointed too. I had almost completely upgraded my walls to purple and it took another two days of collecting to do it with just gold. (haven't been raiding much lately) Also, I hate the snowing crap. Being festive is all well and good, but don't ruin my user experience in the process. I'm kind of ambivalent on the new DE drill at TH7. I'm about 10 or so days away from TH8 anyway.

Drop The Gloves
December 15th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Yeah this snowy update is kinda meh. I don't like that you can't use elixir anymore to upgrade walls unless you have a level 9 TH. The bonus dark elixir drill was kind of nice though. Beware, if you tap on the present next to the xmas tree it will be cashed out, 5,000 elixir is the gift. It DOES NOT give you the info box option, so if you tap it, it cashes out. Also, you can upgrade your gold mines and elixir pumps to level 12 now.

Yeah that is bull crap, you should be able to use both elixir and coins for purple walls

chaingunsofdoom
December 30th, 2014, 12:26 AM
Have never and will never play this, but the commercials are entertaining. :) Until we see the guy flying through the air 500 times during hockey.

nocturn
January 3rd, 2015, 06:19 AM
I just started playing, last week at the request of a friend. Seems okay so far. The devs really back you into a corner with buying gems though. The times to build stuff is ridiculous. As of right now, I'm at lvl 5 TH. Hope to upgrade it to 6 by 2021so I can join a decent clan.

Now, back to Kingdom Rush: Orgins for some real fun!

nocturn
January 3rd, 2015, 06:41 AM
Any pointers on my setup, so far?
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/rdnelan/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-01-03-08-25-45_zps4jhz1jy0.jpg
Going with the classic 16th Century "Battery" style wall system until I have access to more wall. Works well so far. Only 1 in 5 raiders break through. I get hit 3 to 5 times a day.

nocturn
January 3rd, 2015, 08:32 AM
...and 10 minutes after I post that some dude with 10 balloons come in and bombs the s*** out of me.

beedee
January 3rd, 2015, 09:56 AM
...and 10 minutes after I post that some dude with 10 balloons come in and bombs the s*** out of me.

We call those, "balloony toons".

beedee
January 3rd, 2015, 09:58 AM
nocturn that set up looks good for what you have to work with. feel free to join our clan, "GEMCO". we all have very strong troops to donate to ya which will really help with your raids and defense.

nocturn
January 3rd, 2015, 11:39 AM
Thanks dude, I will. Hopefully I have enough xp and trophies to join. Look for Randy N.

Drop The Gloves
January 3rd, 2015, 05:26 PM
Keep taking advantage of the 1 gem elixir/coin/dark elixir boost. Now until the 7th

TooCool
January 3rd, 2015, 07:04 PM
nocturn, I've rearranged my base more than 15 times total to no luck. The people who pay to win will dominate you no matter what setup you have.

Out of habit, I still "play" this. Though mostly to just collect my gold, elixir, and dark elixir and upgrade troops so I can donate it to the GEMCO clan =D You're right though, the upgrades take forever. Most of my upgrades now are 10-14 days long. So that's why I just collect stuff and it only takes like 30 seconds out of each session.

nocturn
January 6th, 2015, 07:44 AM
nocturn that set up looks good for what you have to work with. feel free to join our clan, "GEMCO". we all have very strong troops to donate to ya which will really help with your raids and defense.

Okay dude, I sent Gemco a join request. Waiting for a reply.

gokingsgo
January 8th, 2015, 11:24 PM
Can't seem to find the Gemco clan. Is this ios or Android?

beedee
January 9th, 2015, 12:24 AM
its universal. try it in all caps.

gokingsgo
January 9th, 2015, 08:30 AM
I've tried GEMCO, Gemco and gemco. All 3 ways says clan not found. Maybe I'm not high enough level yet?

beedee
January 9th, 2015, 11:36 AM
I've tried GEMCO, Gemco and gemco. All 3 ways says clan not found. Maybe I'm not high enough level yet?

That could be it. Post a screenshot of your base if you don't mind. Have you "rebuilt" the clan castle? If not, that means that you won't be able to join a clan until you do that.

gokingsgo
January 10th, 2015, 10:23 AM
Yes I've rebuilt the clan castle. I'm currently only level 7.

beedee
January 10th, 2015, 10:55 AM
What are your trophies at? i can lower them so you can get in. i think we have it set at 1000.

gokingsgo
January 10th, 2015, 10:18 PM
What are your trophies at? i can lower them so you can get in. i think we have it set at 1000.

Ya I'm not even close to that. 269 at last count.

beedee
January 10th, 2015, 11:07 PM
yeah thats why.

nocturn
January 12th, 2015, 07:20 AM
And don't get drunk and curse on the side chat! Mrs Beedee will scold you! lol! ;)

nocturn
January 12th, 2015, 07:24 AM
Ya I'm not even close to that. 269 at last count.

When you go into "Search Clans", click "Advanced Search Options" and then switch "Only Clans I can Join" to "off". Then research "GEMCO".

That should do it.

Drop The Gloves
January 12th, 2015, 03:10 PM
I found this to be the easiest way to find a clan. Anyone that is on the GEMCO team can post the Clan Tag ID (located under clan info). Then whomever is searching uses that as a search and it'll find the clan directly. I posted a screen shot someone posted online. The last line below Clan Location is the Tag number.

https://www.4teq.com/files/2014/01/11.png

gokingsgo
January 13th, 2015, 09:11 AM
Turning "Only Clans i can join" to off did the trick.

TooCool
January 13th, 2015, 09:29 AM
Along with my maxed out Level 4 Dragons, I maxed out Level 7 Barbarians. Maybe I should finally attack someone.. ;) But I just donate them to GEMCO.

I went from checking the game twice a day, to about 8 times ago day (during the 1 gem boost). Those "events" are awesome. Always a great opportunity to improve the base.

beedee
January 13th, 2015, 10:43 AM
Along with my maxed out Level 4 Dragons, I maxed out Level 7 Barbarians. Maybe I should finally attack someone.. ;) But I just donate them to GEMCO.

I went from checking the game twice a day, to about 8 times ago day (during the 1 gem boost). Those "events" are awesome. Always a great opportunity to improve the base.

TC is big ballin'! My accomplishments for the day was tapping the upgrade to TH9, only 9.5 days left for it, I also upgraded my Pekka to Level 2, only 9.75 more days! My Level 3 Hog Riders just finished upgrading this morning, so if anyone wants some, just holler. I was going to try to upgrade everything as high as they would go before going to TH9 but that would have taken forever! I still have one more round of upgrades to go to Air Defense 6 (3 of them), Archer Towers to 10 (4 of them) and Hidden Teslas to 4 (3 of them). Each of those upgrades is over 2.1 million gold, no thanks!

Viva GEMCO!

RoyalSubject
January 13th, 2015, 11:28 AM
I've been burnt on this game since I hit TH8. Anyone else go through periods like that? How'd you come back?

TooCool
January 13th, 2015, 11:42 AM
I've been burnt on this game since I hit TH8. Anyone else go through periods like that? How'd you come back?

I don't know being burnt out. Honestly, not sure how that's possible. It takes less than 15 seconds to collect gold/elixir and you just log out. Unless you mean lose interest? If it becomes a chore, it's definitely not fun. But I haven't gone through anything like that. At least not for anything game related in general.

RoyalSubject
January 19th, 2015, 07:31 AM
I don't know being burnt out. Honestly, not sure how that's possible. It takes less than 15 seconds to collect gold/elixir and you just log out. Unless you mean lose interest? If it becomes a chore, it's definitely not fun. But I haven't gone through anything like that. At least not for anything game related in general.

A week ago I had 1.95m elixir and was saving up for a troop upgrade (2.25m needed). I haven't felt like raiding at all lately. This morning, after being raided myself all week, I have 1.93m. So, it's not just a matter of clearing my collectors. If I don't keep raiding on a regular basis, I'll make zero progress at TH8. I can't sit back and take a break and still be able to move forward.

Drop The Gloves
January 30th, 2015, 04:17 PM
A week ago I had 1.95m elixir and was saving up for a troop upgrade (2.25m needed). I haven't felt like raiding at all lately. This morning, after being raided myself all week, I have 1.93m. So, it's not just a matter of clearing my collectors. If I don't keep raiding on a regular basis, I'll make zero progress at TH8. I can't sit back and take a break and still be able to move forward.

Yeah pretty much

TooCool
February 2nd, 2015, 09:14 AM
I got into this game during Christmas of 2013 when I saw a commercial of it during the Christmas Day NBA games.

What they actually advertise though, is misleading but I guess that is besides the point. So I was looking at Super Bowl commercials last night, and saw one for this game. Talk about shelling out the big bucks huh? This game is bigger than I thought. I wonder how many active players there really are.

beedee
February 2nd, 2015, 11:29 AM
I recently upgraded to TH9, my trophy count was only around 1000 though so it was very hard to find a Village with lots of loot that was worth raiding. I did find a couple and pulled in over 575k in combined loot on one, and over 750k combined on another.

If anyone that hasn't already joined our clan, and still wants to, send a request, clan name is: GEMCO

We don't go to war, but we do donate some pretty sweet troops! I am about to unlock The Witch from the Dark Barracks this week.

eddieshack23
February 2nd, 2015, 11:34 AM
That was a great commercial with Liam Neeson.

Drop The Gloves
February 6th, 2015, 11:10 AM
Driving me nuts that I'm trying to save up coin for my level 8 TH and people keep taking my loot! Even when I farm they bastards come and take ma' money!

TooCool
February 6th, 2015, 07:38 PM
Driving me nuts that I'm trying to save up coin for my level 8 TH and people keep taking my loot! Even when I farm they bastards come and take ma' money!

How is your base set up? When I want to save my gold and elixir, I put my town hall on the edge of the map. Often times, people will just send like 5 archers to destroy my town hall and call it a night. Let them have their trophies while I get my 10+ hours of shield so I can collect gold/elixir with ease.

RoyalSubject
February 8th, 2015, 09:48 AM

Take a look at the TH7 base I posted in this thread. Barely lost any resources with that base unless I wasn't clearing my collectors.

Drop The Gloves
February 9th, 2015, 01:26 PM
How is your base set up? When I want to save my gold and elixir, I put my town hall on the edge of the map. Often times, people will just send like 5 archers to destroy my town hall and call it a night. Let them have their trophies while I get my 10+ hours of shield so I can collect gold/elixir with ease.

I have my TH outside the walls. Maybe I should put it in the corner

Drop The Gloves
February 9th, 2015, 01:27 PM
Take a look at the TH7 base I posted in this thread. Barely lost any resources with that base unless I wasn't clearing my collectors.

Yeah I'm going to go back and look at it...thanks!

beedee
February 9th, 2015, 01:35 PM
Woot, just got my Witches and X-Bow fellas, GEMCO!!!

gokingsgo
February 9th, 2015, 07:56 PM
Can someone send me an invite? struggling trying to get 1000. I'm currently sitting at 817 I think. gokingsgo is my nic.

beedee
February 9th, 2015, 10:20 PM
i lowered it to 800. i cant search for names, only clans. send a request.

nocturn
February 10th, 2015, 07:23 AM
Can someone send me an invite? struggling trying to get 1000. I'm currently sitting at 817 I think. gokingsgo is my nic.

gkg, search for Clan tag #22GY8VUU (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=22GY8VUU)

nocturn
February 10th, 2015, 07:39 AM
I finally got my TH up to 8 and all my wall segments up to lvl 7. What a grind. Ive probably logged about 3-4 hours a day on this game over the past 8 weeks and over 7 hours yesterday alone. My wife was having surgery so I spent 12 hours in the waiting room, waiting and upgrading. I pilfered about 5.2 million in gold and around 7.5 in Elixir and spent it all.

I spent about $25 on this game the day I started because I knew the Builders and the walls would be key, I wasn't wrong. I maxed out on 5 builders as soon as I could. I have all of them going, all the time. Yeah, I spent a couple bones on it back then but I haven't spent a dime on it since. The grind to upgrade the walls is rough man. Ive spent about 25-30 hours just upgrading from 6-7, knowing 7-8 is even worse.

That 1250 trophies=450 gems was a blessing. I pretty much only use my gems for troop boosts. SuperCell needs to buff the gem collections via achievements though. They've got me on the absolute razors edge of "Great Game!" OR "F*** this Game!" which I believe was their original intent.

LOL

gokingsgo
February 10th, 2015, 08:26 AM
Request sent. Thanks.

nocturn
February 10th, 2015, 09:16 AM
Request sent. Thanks.
I approved it.

TooCool
February 11th, 2015, 09:52 AM
nocturn, you have progressed super fast in this game. I took a peek at your base and you have walls that are higher level than mine. Nice job. :)

I have just been upgrading the troops, just to donate to you guys. I don't attack others and hell, I don't even attack the computer... :lol:

I'm recently finished Lava Hounds! But the housing space is 30 and so I just realized that I cannot donate that to any of you guys, I don't think your Clan Castles are there yet. I can receive 30 troops, but I think you all can only receive 20 or 25 at the maximum. I do have Maxed level Dragons (Lv 4) and Maxed Level Barbarians (Lv 7). Currently saving up to max out either Archers or Giants next, haven't decided which one yet.

beedee
February 11th, 2015, 10:34 AM
My Castle is only Level 3, I need to raise that puppy to Level 5 so I can house a Lava Hound!!!

nocturn
February 11th, 2015, 12:23 PM
nocturn, you have progressed super fast in this game. I took a peek at your base and you have walls that are higher level than mine. Nice job. :)

Ha! Thanks man. Like I said, the wall upgrading has got to be the hardest/heaviest single component grind in this game..bar none. With games like this, I usually go balls out for about 3 months and then walk-away, for good. I can already foresee myself following the same pattern with CoC.

Around 90% of my focus has been on the walls. Right now, I do about 10-20 raids a day just for gold. I'd rather have mediocre munitions and a solid wall system than maxed out munitions and a sh** wall. I can see burning out on this method pretty soon though, Its just way too laborious.

I only pilfer what I can spend in that one sitting. If my stores go over 30% capacity, I usually get 3 stared by a lvl9 or higher so I keep everything down around 10%, +/-.

I'm getting ready to use an updated base footprint soon. The Coastal Star Battery isn't going to hold past where I'm at now.

nocturn
February 14th, 2015, 03:13 PM
TooCool

Melf, those lvl 4 Dragons that you pass out incognito, are F-ing MONEY, bro. Especially at my level.

I just raided an available loot cashe of 850k and got it all. That Dragon alone hit 600k of it. My biggest to date.

Just wanted to say "Thank You" outside of side chat. Those beasts cost a s***ton and I appreciate it!

I know Wookie agrees with me.

Thanks again man.

nocturn
March 4th, 2015, 05:15 AM
I left the clan for a few days, bd, tc. My bff has a clan with his 4 kids and they were starting to get frustrated so I figured I'd give them a shot in the arm. I've been handing out dragons and hogriders left and right and they're loving it, again.

I'll be back over in a week or two.

Just don't attack my rig if you run across it! And likewise. :)

TooCool
March 4th, 2015, 09:19 AM
I left the clan for a few days, bd, tc. My bff has a clan with his 4 kids and they were starting to get frustrated so I figured I'd give them a shot in the arm. I've been handing out dragons and hogriders left and right and they're loving it, again.

You traitor!!!!!

I mean, good luck. But all 4 kids are in his clan? Damn. That's pretty awesome.

beedee
March 4th, 2015, 11:11 AM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/2971540/john-goodman-table-flip-o.gif

nocturn
March 4th, 2015, 12:09 PM
You traitor!!!!!

I mean, good luck. But all 4 kids are in his clan? Damn. That's pretty awesome.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/2971540/john-goodman-table-flip-o.gif

Yeah, im a Judas. This is the same guy that got me into the game 4 months ago. The clan is basically him, his 4 kids and a bunch of their ankle biter friends, total of 13. None of which are above TH 6.

Im waiting for my th9 to finish as well as a few long term upgrades so I figured id just raid and share the wealth for a bit..like you guys did with me. Its all good.

nocturn
March 5th, 2015, 06:57 AM
I might be back sooner than later. These kids are friggn killing me! In just over 30 hours Ive handed out 20 Dragons and well over 70 Hog Riders. I'm already over 900 troop donations, total. The clan has also grown by 8 kids ranging in age from 8 to 16. Word got out I guess. LOL! My buddy Mike started calling me "Sugar Daddy". LMAO!

Dont know how long I can do this... :)

Drop The Gloves
March 25th, 2015, 01:58 PM
I just got a new iPhone and started a new game on it. I may join Gemco while keeping my other 3 clans where they are now

beedee
March 25th, 2015, 05:48 PM
Sweet, I'm VanillaGorilla on there.

TooCool
March 26th, 2015, 01:28 AM
It's been a long time since there was a 1 Gem Boost Event. I'm sitting on 1692 gems right now (from all the gem boxes, trees, logs, etc). I still only have 3 Builder Huts and I feel that I don't need 4 or 5. Plus, it costs 1000 gems for a builder hut.. that's nuts!

nocturn
March 26th, 2015, 08:07 PM
Im starting to burn out on it. Probably need to take a break.

beedee
March 26th, 2015, 08:52 PM
yup. its pointless. no matter how much you build up your base there will always be someone to come through and wreck shop.

Drop The Gloves
March 27th, 2015, 03:37 PM
Damn, I got work to do, only have 310 trophies to join Gemco

beedee
March 27th, 2015, 05:04 PM
Such b.s., i got hit for over 550k loot this morning!!! eff this gaaaaame! :chug:

Drop The Gloves
April 14th, 2015, 04:08 PM
Can someone from GEMCO send me an invite or lower the trophies to 800?

beedee
April 14th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Can someone from GEMCO send me an invite or lower the trophies to 800?

i will lower it. go look right now.

JGON85
April 15th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Finally upgrading all my defenses to max level, last ones are the Xbows,

Between Clan wars and farming, I'm averaging 1 or 2 upgrades a week

nocturn
May 1st, 2015, 08:39 AM
Crazy! I went from this:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/rdnelan/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-01-03-08-25-45_zps4jhz1jy0.jpg

to this:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/rdnelan/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-05-01-10-26-49_zpsorv0ae6n.png

...in 6 months. lol.

nocturn
September 24th, 2015, 03:27 PM
Hey, shout out to the GEMCO peeps!
beedee and TooCool thanks for everything guys. It was a fun run.

I've lost complete interest in CoC over the past few weeks since I shut the notifications off. Apparently you can't delete a village so I left gemco and abandoned it and uninstalled.

Beedee, I know you know a bunch of those peeps personally. Please give them my regards, especially YP and AK. Good people. Tell Foobacca to balance his taking with some giving...lol

Anyway, thanks for the fun! Tell BuBu thanks also!

beedee
September 24th, 2015, 03:53 PM
Hey, shout out to the GEMCO peeps!
beedee and TooCool thanks for everything guys. It was a fun run.

I've lost complete interest in CoC over the past few weeks since I shut the notifications off. Apparently you can't delete a village so I left gemco and abandoned it and uninstalled.

Beedee, I know you know a bunch of those peeps personally. Please give them my regards, especially YP and AK. Good people. Tell Foobacca to balance his taking with some giving...lol

Anyway, thanks for the fun! Tell BuBu thanks also!

i completely understand man. it was fun while it lasted. i deleted the app from my phone about 1-2 months ago. we will always have the fond memories!

TooCool
September 24th, 2015, 04:11 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Boooooooooooooooooooo!

lol =P It was fun while it lasted. I'm not even a fan of raiding myself. Hell, I don't even "raid" against the computer! I just made it a habit of upgrading my troops and everything all so I can donate it to you guys. I've had a Level 10 town hall for months now, but my walls are still barely level 6 and 7. It just cost too much to upgrade them and I rather use those for upgrading troops. Feel free to return any time. I only check it like 2-3 times a day (When I wake up, when I get out of work, and before I sleep) just to collect the loot and hope for a gem box ;)

nocturn
September 24th, 2015, 04:22 PM
The outrageous costs for upgrades just killed it for me in the end. If I got anywhere close to what I needed, in my coffers, I'd get destroyed over and over and over. Fun game at lower levels but not worth the effort higher.

Try the Kingdom Rush series. It's a blast and doesn't cost a dime.

Let me know if you guys run into any other tribe type games. I'm down for anything...for a while. :)

beedee
September 24th, 2015, 05:36 PM
yup, outrageous upgrade costs and getting rekt right before you finally saved up enough got old. even then, i would upgrade troops and rarely raid.