PDA

View Full Version : MLB: The Official 2015 Angels thread

Melfice
February 7th, 2015, 01:06 AM
It's that time again folks! Will the Angels have a good season two years in a row, and go deeper in the playoffs?!?! Only time will tell, and spring training is right around the corner!

TooCool
March 23rd, 2015, 08:56 AM
Can Spring Training end already? Let's go Halos!

aaron
April 6th, 2015, 01:26 PM
Trout GOAT

Ice24
April 6th, 2015, 01:59 PM
Weaver is getting rocked! Settle down.

TooCool
April 6th, 2015, 04:09 PM
Just one game... but Trout can't do it alone. The rest need to step up.

aaron
April 6th, 2015, 07:28 PM
TROUT GOAT and nothing else. Afraid that's going to be all too familiar

Ice24
April 6th, 2015, 10:55 PM
you're only as good as your last game, by the way when was the last game the Angels won?

TooCool
April 7th, 2015, 07:46 AM
you're only as good as your last game, by the way when was the last game the Angels won?

Winless in 2015. F*** life.

Cross Traffic
April 11th, 2015, 01:55 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-angels-have-turned-their-back-on-josh-hamilton-when-he-needs-them-most-081942196.html

The Angels turned their backs on Hamilton? More like Hamilton turned his back on the Angels. I'm sorry he can't carry a $5 bill without blowing it on booze or drugs.

KingsFan1985
April 12th, 2015, 01:04 AM
Ah Jebus!

I have a feeling the Hamilton thing might end up being a bad omen for the Halos the same way the Voynov incident ended up being a bad omen for the Kings.

I think I have made it known here that I've been anti Hamilton in a Angels uniform since day one, and while I get why some people will sympathize for him, I can't find it in me to feel sorry for him. Josh Hamilton has had so many breaks in life that most drug addicts living on the street would die for, and time and time again he's thrown it away because I get the feeling he's been raised to be a arrogant jock. I mean he makes 20 million a year, like he seriously can't man up to pay someone to keep him sober for 9 months out of the year? You know at some point he's going to name drop Jesus Christ in between one of his benders.

God I can't stand this guy! I can see why Texas grew tired of him, and eventually just quit on him.

TooCool
April 12th, 2015, 03:45 PM
Down 7-2 and Pujols caught stealing on a 3-0 count... seriously.

Scioscia needs to start holding people accountable for their actions. Unreal.

aaron
April 12th, 2015, 04:56 PM
Down 7-2 and Pujols caught stealing on a 3-0 count... seriously.

Scioscia needs to start holding people accountable for their actions. Unreal.
That actually happened? Wow.
I had gone to the DVR at that point. Lots of programs backed up during hockey season.

Cross Traffic
April 19th, 2015, 08:57 AM
Shutout by the Astros? Now that is pathetic.

Look who is filing for divorce, Josh Hamilton, now it all makes sense. Also put his Newport Coast home for sale for 16m. He's going to need it after his wife and child support payments clean him out.

TooCool
April 22nd, 2015, 08:45 AM
When was the last time we scored 14 runs in 1 game? Very nice.

And Pujols went 0-5. Way to go Albert.

KingsFan1985
April 22nd, 2015, 02:26 PM
And Pujols went 0-5. Way to go Albert.

Great foresight Arte Moreno that you gave numerous bomb contracts before you realized that the best player in baseball had playing in your own organization for years already.

While Trout is one the most humble guys you will ever meet, you got to figure at some point he will gain enough confidence in himself to question why he's surrounded by such a mess.

Cross Traffic
April 25th, 2015, 09:06 AM
They found a sucker errrr buyer for Hamilton. Angels on the hook for 68m, Rangers pay 15m. Memo to Arte, quit signing overpriced free agents.

Ice24
April 25th, 2015, 01:15 PM
They found a sucker errrr buyer for Hamilton. Angels on the hook for 68m, Rangers pay 15m. Memo to Arte, quit signing overpriced free agents.

Hamilton will get back to his old ways and start batting 300 with 30 homers. That will teach the Angels for paying his salary while on another team.

aaron
April 25th, 2015, 01:25 PM
So how much to ship Pujols back to Stl?

Actually, without the hard cap, I don't give a **** how much players cost. I'm just sick of watching Hamilton wave at strikes and Pujols launch bombs just short of the warning track.

TooCool
April 25th, 2015, 08:53 PM

I'm not sure why Arte is so dead set on getting rid of Hamilton. Being on the hook for 68 million is pathetic.

Hamilton will get back to his old ways and start batting 300 with 30 homers. That will teach the Angels for paying his salary while on another team.

You know this is bound to happen. Always. -_-

So how much to ship Pujols back to Stl?

Actually, without the hard cap, I don't give a **** how much players cost. I'm just sick of watching Hamilton wave at strikes and Pujols launch bombs just short of the warning track.

Pujols needs to be moved down the batting order until he gets his batting average back up. The most annoying thing about Guby on the broadcast is that he acts like Pujols is the same hitter that he was in St. Louis.

KingsFan1985
April 29th, 2015, 11:00 AM
I can't help but think this fiasco sounds a lot like the stuff that use to go on when Frank McCourt owned the Dodgers.

Melfice
April 29th, 2015, 11:08 AM
I found out about the Hamilton trade yesterday from a friend at work. And I see the Angels are off to their normal "slow" start this season too. I don't watch baseball for the most part anymore, but good to see things never change in Anaheim lol

Trapper9
April 29th, 2015, 02:57 PM
I can't help but think this fiasco sounds a lot like the stuff that use to go on when Frank McCourt owned the Dodgers.

Yep. McMoreno is the worst!! won't even pay the vendors market wages.

TooCool
April 30th, 2015, 08:01 AM
So Pujols got "hurt" again last night. Amazing.

pucktheducks
April 30th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Same time every year Mel, he is expected to miss about 4 days.

aaron
June 1st, 2015, 10:10 PM
Looks like Pujols got back on the juice.

TooCool
June 3rd, 2015, 08:12 AM
Looks like Pujols got back on the juice.

So far, yeah. Still hoping he can get his batting average above .285 at least.

aaron
June 3rd, 2015, 01:12 PM
So far, yeah. Still hoping he can get his batting average above .285 at least.
I'm happy if he provides a smidgen of protection for Trout.

aaron
June 9th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Well, I'm done with the Neuwhenadreuie9vfgtg experiment.

TooCool
June 9th, 2015, 06:21 PM
Well, I'm done with the Neuwhenadreuie9vfgtg experiment.

Cowgill needs to get well.. and fast.

aaron
June 10th, 2015, 02:02 PM
Let the Kubitza era begin!

aaron
June 10th, 2015, 04:47 PM
Let the Kubitza era begin!

Not an auspicious start at all

Rogie-Vachon
June 24th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Angels hitting like Mickey Hatcher is still around.

TooCool
June 25th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Angels hitting like Mickey Hatcher is still around.

The curse of Mickey Hatcher.

But seriously though.. this team is better than .500 and they need to start winning on a more consistent basis.

mitchrock
June 25th, 2015, 02:02 PM
I'm more concerned about the Angels pitching. They should bring Bud Black back as pitching coach.

TooCool
June 25th, 2015, 05:37 PM
I'm more concerned about the Angels pitching. They should bring Bud Black back as pitching coach.

Loved Bud Black. He has manager written all over him though, not pitching coach. :(

TooCool
July 8th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Halos are on fire. I wish they could delay the All-Star break to August...

mugs
July 8th, 2015, 01:53 PM
Halos are on fire. I wish they could delay the All-Star break to August...

...and Pujols is going to ruin his swing in the Home Run Derby.

TooCool
July 8th, 2015, 01:56 PM
...and Pujols is going to ruin his swing in the Home Run Derby.

Definitely. =[

TooCool
July 21st, 2015, 12:58 AM
3 HRs in the double header. So maybe his swing isn't ****ed from the HR Derby. Whew.

TooCool
July 30th, 2015, 12:34 PM
Blue Jays going all in. They must be worried about us or the Royals.

Ice24
July 30th, 2015, 01:32 PM
Blue Jays going all in. They must be worried about us or the Royals.

Not sure about us but the Royals yes.

aaron
July 30th, 2015, 02:31 PM
Being in the same division as the yankees, sox, and TB, they have to take/maximize their shot.
Angels have it easy in the AL west.

TooCool
August 2nd, 2015, 08:01 PM
Leave it to the Halos to bend over to the Astros and Dodgers when the games have more meaning to it.

Though I mostly blame Nyssa for trash talking, that jinxed us right from the start.

Nyssa42
August 2nd, 2015, 10:02 PM
Leave it to the Halos to bend over to the Astros and Dodgers when the games have more meaning to it.

Though I mostly blame Nyssa for trash talking, that jinxed us right from the start.

as always, it is all my fault. Really not looking forward to the crap I am gonna get from my Dodgers-loving coworker tomorrow.....

Oh, well. All those years of Kings losing seasons have made me tough.

Ice24
August 3rd, 2015, 08:21 AM
With the moves the Angels made at the deadline, I do not believe they felt they were a serious contender. I am just happy they made it interesting for at least for half of the season.

TooCool
August 3rd, 2015, 09:18 AM
With the moves the Angels made at the deadline, I do not believe they felt they were a serious contender. I am just happy they made it interesting for at least for half of the season.

Truthfully, I don't understand the outfield logjam. I know Joyce got hurt, but he sucked anyway. The point of baseball is to have consistent playing time. Players need to see the pitches on a daily basis. Obviously, Trout is playing every single game. But making Calhoun, DeJesus, Murphy, and Victorino alternate playing time.. are you kidding me?

Hell, I think it was Saturday.. Calhoun had 2 hits (one of them a solo HR) against the Dodgers. Then Scioscia does what he typically does and proceeds to make him sit the following game. Smart management, as usual. :rant:

Ice24
August 3rd, 2015, 09:29 AM
Truthfully, I don't understand the outfield logjam. I know Joyce got hurt, but he sucked anyway. The point of baseball is to have consistent playing time. Players need to see the pitches on a daily basis. Obviously, Trout is playing every single game. But making Calhoun, DeJesus, Murphy, and Victorino alternate playing time.. are you kidding me?

Hell, I think it was Saturday.. Calhoun had 2 hits (one of them a solo HR) against the Dodgers. Then Scioscia does what he typically does and proceeds to make him sit the following game. Smart management, as usual. :rant:

I have no idea what they are doing?

aaron
August 3rd, 2015, 12:54 PM
Having Calhoun sit vs Kershaw is understandable. Otherwise, he has to play every game. The rest are a pu-pu platter of bleech.
If Cron didn't suck at 1st base, he'd get more time. That would help a lot.

And all of a sudden the bullpen is giving up gopher balls every game.

Time for NFL season

WingHater
August 3rd, 2015, 04:45 PM
May you forever suck along with that other Anaheim team.

Ice24
August 3rd, 2015, 05:08 PM
May you forever suck along with that other Anaheim team.

you just jinxed it, thanks for nothing.

El Cochino
August 11th, 2015, 12:58 PM
That sweep last week was brutal but the Doyers have gone into a tailspin since..... even better, so have the 'Stros!

KingsFan1985
August 23rd, 2015, 12:45 AM
http://www.bleachernation.com/bears/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/PlayoffsMeme.jpg

aaron
August 23rd, 2015, 03:19 PM
UNCLE!

Though it has been an easy gambling weekend.

Ice24
August 23rd, 2015, 09:27 PM
At least they did not prolong the inevitable until September. They are done!

Rogie-Vachon
August 30th, 2015, 03:16 AM
Football can't come any sooner...I'd fire the Pitching coach because he's in charge of the bullpen and the Angels 'pen blows.
I'd fire the hitting coach because I actually yearn for the days of Mickey Hatcher...which is odd because I hated his 'hacker' approach.

Oh Hell - Fire the entire staff...because Scioscia has lost his edge in his post game meal.

KingsFan1985
August 31st, 2015, 10:53 PM
Victorino being Victorino, which is being a dick and playing like s*** for So. Cal. based teams.

Ice24
September 1st, 2015, 07:59 AM
Victorino being Victorino, which is being a dick and playing like s*** for So. Cal. based teams.

give him a break he is 50+. If you are hoping for the Angels to turn things around, they were done in mid August. I am just happy they did not carry this into September.

TooCool
September 9th, 2015, 09:08 AM
F U Scioscia!!!!!!!!!!! That is all.

Trapper9
September 10th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Just a bit myopic eh?

http://www.halosheaven.com/2015/9/9/9299949/angels-destroy-lowly-dodgers-in-humiliating-3-2-win-prove-theyre

TooCool
September 10th, 2015, 05:19 PM
Just a bit myopic eh?

http://www.halosheaven.com/2015/9/9/9299949/angels-destroy-lowly-dodgers-in-humiliating-3-2-win-prove-theyre

He's definitely delusional. Then again, I don't go to Halos Heaven.

KingsFan1985
September 17th, 2015, 12:34 AM
Just a bit myopic eh?

Halo Heaven is like the Alex Jones show of the MLB SB Nation world. If I'm not mistaken the guy who use to run Halo Heaven got booted out for being too nutty. Yeah, I wouldn't go there for Angels talk.

I like Tim Salmon and all, but GTFO here Halo Heaven that Salmon is the greatest Angels player of all time. Over Nolan freakin' Ryan!?!

TooCool
September 17th, 2015, 08:24 AM
I can't believe that Texas of all teams have the AL West lead. Then again, all the "experts" picked Seattle at the beginning of the season.

Rogie-Vachon
September 18th, 2015, 09:16 PM
If Huston Street did not go all Donnie Moore that last game vs. Houston, they'd be in the wild card slot right now!

Dawdler
September 18th, 2015, 10:15 PM
If Huston Street did not go all Donnie Moore that last game vs. Houston, they'd be in the wild card slot right now!

too soon brah, too soon

TooCool
September 27th, 2015, 02:26 AM
<3 this freak of nature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5usR2FTRAc

aaron
September 27th, 2015, 09:16 AM
I was watching live.
Said "no way" out loud to my tv.

mugs
September 28th, 2015, 01:43 PM
Angels are totally back in it!

TooCool
October 4th, 2015, 03:23 PM
Once again, Scioscia pulls the starting pitcher too early and goes to the usual guys in the bullpen who are known to fail. Awesome manager. 5 years and counting.

Dawdler
October 4th, 2015, 06:14 PM
it's going to be an interesting off season for the Angels and the new GM, he has his work cut out for him, at least he is used to the drama coming from the Yankees.

aaron
October 4th, 2015, 09:34 PM
Kinda glad the season is over. Except for a few good runs, it was fairly ugly.
I guess I will cheer for Toronto in the postseason. Otherwise, it's hockey season.

TooCool
October 14th, 2015, 09:41 AM
Butcher and Baylor gets canned but Arte doesn't get rid of the real problem.

aaron
October 14th, 2015, 03:09 PM
No comprendo

How does a manager not choose his coaches?

Dawdler
October 14th, 2015, 08:27 PM
that is ridiculous, the Angels should clean house, its like having termites in your house but you only choose to tear down a wall instead of fumigating the whole house.