PDA

View Full Version : Eastside Hockey Manager IS BACK!

Kubrick
March 26th, 2015, 02:03 PM
http://gmgames.org/eastside-hockey-manager-early-access-ehm-ea/review/

I had abandoned all hope YEARS ago. Now the greatest hockey sim of all-time has returned.

Available for purchase on Steam - http://store.steampowered.com/app/301120/

I can't wait to fire this thing up.

Dexter
March 27th, 2015, 08:13 PM
Yeah, i've spent so many hours on that 2007 version. The Franchise Hockey game on steam kind of sucked.

Kubrick
March 27th, 2015, 08:50 PM
I bought it yesterday and already put 2 hours into it. Love it. Takes me right back. Feel like I never uninstalled it.

Kubrick
March 28th, 2015, 01:30 AM
7 hours in. Send help....

Kubrick
March 28th, 2015, 02:08 PM
Won the Cup in my first season as Kings GM. Here's my squad

E. Kane/Kopitar/Gaborik
Pearson/Carter/Toffoli
King/Schenn/Lewis
Zubrus/Andreoff/Nolan

Muzzin/Doughty
McNabb/Sekera
Martinez/Schenn

Quick
Jones

Trading is A LOT tougher in this version of the game. The AI controlled GMs are eager to waive high priced vets that are underperforming. GMs and Head Coaches get sacked at a crazy-high rate. I think that'll have to be tweaked. Basically one bad season means you're getting fired.

The Kings front office is a bit wrong. No Rob Blake and Rob Laird is our Head Scout. Also #20 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=20) is not a retired number.

Dexter
March 28th, 2015, 05:09 PM
I just acquired St. Louis for dirt with the Rangers and then won against them in the Finals.

Kubrick
March 29th, 2015, 12:36 AM
I just acquired St. Louis for dirt with the Rangers and then won against them in the Finals.

Ive noticed Vets are stupidly easy to acquire. It's the prospects and picks that are a pain in the ass to trade for.

Trapper9
March 29th, 2015, 01:11 AM
Is it NHL rosters?

Dexter
March 29th, 2015, 01:25 AM
No, you download a roster online and then use it when you start up a game.

Kubrick
March 29th, 2015, 02:51 AM
Is it NHL rosters?

Fully customizable.

You have to add in rosters, logos, player faces.

Here's a look at what the game looks and plays like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kUohx04Y6k

VEGASKING
March 30th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Just need to get the scoring toned down a few notches. Until I went on holiday The Kings were averaging 4 goals per game and 2/3rds the league was averaging over 3gpg. Quick finished the first season with something like 2.50gaa and that was best for third.

And this was without touching tactics because I don't know what I'm doing and with the way things were going I didn't need to.

Kubrick
March 30th, 2015, 10:01 PM
Just need to get the scoring toned down a few notches. Until I went on holiday The Kings were averaging 4 goals per game and 2/3rds the league was averaging over 3gpg. Quick finished the first season with something like 2.50gaa and that was best for third.

And this was without touching tactics because I don't know what I'm doing and with the way things were going I didn't need to.

According to the Devs, a major part of the problem is the TBL roster we're all using.

The new game was not designed to be used with that roster. It was designed for the default roster, so we're seeing some major problems with final scores, player development and trades.

Cross Traffic
April 3rd, 2015, 08:34 AM
I started a franchise as the Sabres, the Kings waived Greene and Regehr, I picked up Greene due to the longer contract. Picked up as Dexter said St Louis for an el cheapo price (4th rounder). So the trade logic needs some work. Fun game otherwise.

Kubrick
April 5th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Time spent:

2 Days, 14 Hours, 26 Minutes, 44 Seconds

The game is not perfect. I'd say it's just too easy overall but if the Devs take the time to tweak the things that need tweaking it's going to be a hockey-filled summer!

Dexter
April 5th, 2015, 09:59 PM
Sometimes I start fresh, go to vacation and let it sim for 8 hours while I sleep. Kings seem to trade Doughty around 20-21 every time. BUST!

Kubrick
April 5th, 2015, 10:03 PM
Sometimes I start fresh, go to vacation and let it sim for 8 hours while I sleep. Kings seem to trade Doughty around 20-21 every time. BUST!

Have you started as GM in a lower league like the ECHL and found a way to get an NHL job? I tried it once back in the EHM 07 days, built a damn dynasty in the ECHL and never got a sniff of the NHL. I wonder if this is still the case.

SmytheKing
April 8th, 2015, 02:38 PM
Just started a season with the Kings and in the first camp Mike Richards is already disappointing everyone and has a bad attitude. Realism is off the charts. ;)

Dexter
April 8th, 2015, 07:50 PM
They'll waive him near the end of the season as well.

Kubrick
April 8th, 2015, 08:13 PM
They'll waive him near the end of the season as well.

True. most old overpaid guys get waived at some point.

Dexter
April 8th, 2015, 09:00 PM
I wish St. Louis didn't retire after one season. That dude is money.

SmytheKing
April 8th, 2015, 10:04 PM
Where can I tell it to auto-assign things like scouts and stuff? I'm trying to find it and I can't seem to at the moment?

I like the UI changes so far, but graphically I like the looks of OOTP Hockey Manager better. I can't get enough of this **** though so it matters little to me. :)

Dexter
April 8th, 2015, 11:35 PM
https://scontent-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/11136207_10155366982685324_2307393510579489650_o.j pg

hahahahahaha

SmytheKing
April 9th, 2015, 08:40 PM
Got you beat Dexter.

http://i.imgur.com/wUSsfXy.jpg

Kubrick
April 10th, 2015, 01:32 AM
Where can I tell it to auto-assign things like scouts and stuff? I'm trying to find it and I can't seem to at the moment?

I like the UI changes so far, but graphically I like the looks of OOTP Hockey Manager better. I can't get enough of this **** though so it matters little to me. :)

I don't think there's an auto-assign for scouts. Take the 10 minutes to set up your scouts. It'll be worth it.

My scouting staff is maxed out at 15

3 assigned to the upcoming NHL entry draft
1 WHL
1 AHL
1 OHL
2 NHL
1 Scandinavia
1 Russia
1 Next Opponent
1 youth players
1 QMJHL
1 ECHL
1 rover

Pretty Vivid
April 14th, 2015, 09:59 PM
Having problems with the resolution on the laptop. Keeps crashing, and I'm 0% computer saavy so I think I'm gonna take the L.

Kubrick
April 14th, 2015, 10:03 PM
Having problems with the resolution on the laptop. Keeps crashing, and I'm 0% computer saavy so I think I'm gonna take the L.

Check this thread out - http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=13638

Sounds like the resolution crash is a known bug. As we've already had one update, I imagine this will be addressed.

Kubrick
April 14th, 2015, 10:13 PM
Speaking of the most recent update:

Scoring is WAY down. Trades seem a bit more balanced in my save.

I'm not sure why but my draft scouts are absolutely in love with foreign born players. My last draft I had 10 picks and 8 of them were either playing in Europe/Russia or born in Europe/Russia playing in N.A.

SmytheKing
April 16th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Speaking of the most recent update:

Scoring is WAY down. Trades seem a bit more balanced in my save.

I'm not sure why but my draft scouts are absolutely in love with foreign born players. My last draft I had 10 picks and 8 of them were either playing in Europe/Russia or born in Europe/Russia playing in N.A.

Noticed that as well. First season a couple of guys at a point per game clip on my team and now I'm 35 games in and my top scorer has 25 points.

Henry1515
April 16th, 2015, 06:41 PM
how much was the game?

SmytheKing
April 16th, 2015, 09:16 PM
how much was the game?
Was like $12 the other week.

Kubrick
April 16th, 2015, 11:43 PM
There's still some major problems that I'm hoping will get addressed soon.

1) GMs are still way too aggressive. It happens every season that several GMs will make offers to ex-NHLers tearing up Euro leagues, the player signs and within a month or two the GM eithers puts the player on the block or they just outright waive him. Makes no sense.

2) Every GM approaches their job the same way. Be aggressive as possible. Make as many moves as possible. GMs need to have "personalities" and tendencies closer to real NHL GMs.

3) Ownership is way too quick on the trigger. Philly has gone through 3 GMs and 3 head coaches in six seasons.

4) Salary cap is stagnant.

5) High ticket UFAs will not sign until the season begins. Stamkos was available through the first two weeks of the season.

6) Way too difficult to develop young goalies. I've had blue chip and undrafted UFAs and it's impossible to develop either. I had to poach Andrei Vasilevsky with 2.75M AAV offer sheet to get a good young goalie.

Kubrick
April 17th, 2015, 12:12 AM
And... the Flyers fired another GM.

4 GMs
3 Head Coaches

Cross Traffic
April 24th, 2015, 01:03 PM
I beat the Hawks with my rebuildy the bear Sabres 5-3 and the Hawks immediately fired Coach Q who had a 45-26-7 record with about 10 days left in the regular season. WTF. I'm tempted right now to can Nolan and hire Q!!!!

Kubrick
April 30th, 2015, 11:56 PM
Won 4 Cups with the Kings over the span of 9 seasons. I think I'm done with that save file.

Starting over from scratch. I want to tear a team down and rebuild it as a winner.

I'm leaning towards Toronto, Carolina or New Jersey.

Pretty Vivid
May 1st, 2015, 02:30 AM
Yea, this **** has totally devoured me the past week and a half. I guess this has been a good way to keep me away from the bar lol.