PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Dodgers Season Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

pb2k
September 29th, 2015, 09:59 PM
The offense was not a ****ing joke tonight. Kershaw is the ****ing man. Suck it Giants.

TooCool
September 29th, 2015, 10:20 PM
Congrats Dodger fans.

On a side note.. Mat Latos pitched 2 scoreless innings for the Halos. Bizarro world.

MaxwellSmart
September 30th, 2015, 09:58 AM
http://m.mlb.com/images/3/7/8/152382378/092915_lad_kershaw_K_ketelone_lowres_ep5lqbtw.gif

Nasty.

Trapper9
September 30th, 2015, 01:16 PM
Unbelievably buried behind winning the division (Padres?) was just what a gem Kershaw pitched. 1 hit 13 k's and retired the last 19 batters in a row.

Beast!

He needs 6 k's for 300 in 1 more start.

doughtydiva
October 5th, 2015, 11:24 PM
Unbelievably buried behind winning the division (Padres?) was just what a gem Kershaw pitched. 1 hit 13 k's and retired the last 19 batters in a row.

Beast!

He needs 6 k's for 300 in 1 more start.

I was there ! Go Dodgers

TR
October 6th, 2015, 08:27 PM
http://m.mlb.com/images/3/7/8/152382378/092915_lad_kershaw_K_ketelone_lowres_ep5lqbtw.gif

Nasty.

Hopefully he can get that hook working against the Mets. After the 0-2 performance with a 7.50 ERA last year, I'm nervous.

Very hopeful, but still nervous.

Toothless
October 10th, 2015, 07:20 PM
Anybody know what the record is for a team being struck out in a five game series?

pb2k
October 10th, 2015, 08:56 PM
That "slide" by Utley was brutal. There's really no reason for MLB to keep allowing that ****.

SuperCalo2000
October 10th, 2015, 10:55 PM
That "slide" by Utley was brutal. There's really no reason for MLB to keep allowing that ****.

While I agree it was brutal and I would be crying bloody murder had it happened to the Dodgers, Tejada put himself in a bad position. He and his shortstop bear some of the responsibility.

A rule against this makes way more sense than the Posey Rule

TR
October 11th, 2015, 07:26 PM

I just saw on TV that Torre suspended Utley for 2 games. Figured something was coming, but not 2 games in a playoff series.

Claw21
October 11th, 2015, 11:12 PM
New Yorkers could complain all they want about the slide but the truth is it was legal. Dirty? Maybe a little. But certainly legal. If Torre gets his panties in a wad then change the damn rule during the off-season.

xvvvx
October 12th, 2015, 09:06 PM
should have had greinke start game 1.

MaxwellSmart
October 13th, 2015, 01:23 PM
This is pretty awesome. Even the poo has happy faces.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRKh6pMWoAA1cGu.jpg

Claw21
October 15th, 2015, 07:15 PM
Dodgers hitters are really bad.

Ice24
October 15th, 2015, 08:18 PM
It's the final countdown.

Done!

pb2k
October 15th, 2015, 08:20 PM
The Dodgers let this one get away. They had so many chances to put this game away in the first few innings and just couldn't get the job done.

Ice24
October 15th, 2015, 08:22 PM
The Dodgers let this one get away. They had so many chances to put this game away in the first few innings and just couldn't get the job done.

Left many men on base. Need some hitters to go along with the pitching staff.

pb2k
October 15th, 2015, 08:22 PM
This is probably it for Mattingly. Hopefully Grandal's shoulder isn't that ****ed up and he can come back 100% next season, him being healthy would have been a real game changer.

VCRW
October 15th, 2015, 08:50 PM
The run given away by not covering third base should mark the end of the Mattingly era. Why was the team unprepared with the shift on? Greinke is certainly the main culprit but the dugout should have been screaming at him to cover as soon as ball 4 was called.

Claw21
October 15th, 2015, 09:09 PM
Just an awful team that relied on 2 stud pitchers all year. Mattingly needs to go, he's bad.

Ice24
October 15th, 2015, 10:44 PM
Just an awful team that relied on 2 stud pitchers all year. Mattingly needs to go, he's bad.

Mattingly is unable to hit, the players have to do so.

Ice24
October 15th, 2015, 10:49 PM
The run given away by not covering third base should mark the end of the Mattingly era. Why was the team unprepared with the shift on? Greinke is certainly the main culprit but the dugout should have been screaming at him to cover as soon as ball 4 was called.

The catcher or pitcher needs to know what is going on. These players know better and should not have to be reminded that there was no one covering third. Grenke had a brain fart. I do agree, the dugout should have yelled something.

A timely hit would have helped immensely. I can't blame Mattingly for not being able to get a hit. If he was batting, he would have got a hit.

jccawdrey
October 16th, 2015, 12:48 PM
Mattingly Sutter swap. You're welcome

Ice24
October 22nd, 2015, 08:51 AM
The change of managers will not improve the team as much as people believe. The young kids maturing will help the team. As Mattingly is gone now, it will be up to the kids to make this team a contender. I believe they will, however not because of the new manager.

SuperCalo2000
October 22nd, 2015, 01:12 PM
The change of managers will not improve the team as much as people believe. The young kids maturing will help the team. As Mattingly is gone now, it will be up to the kids to make this team a contender. I believe they will, however not because of the new manager.

Very true. They lacked a solid 'pen and aside from maybe Turner, timely hitting was nonexistent. Look at KC what timely hitting can do.

Mattingly is ok as manager. I think he will eventually be a great manager. Not yet though. He does get major props for holding down the fort. He needed to be shown the door though. It was time.

Kubrick
October 22nd, 2015, 07:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjHOtxCRhnw

Trapper9
October 23rd, 2015, 02:04 AM
I disagreed with a lot of Donnie's moves, but I'm a fan. That's what I'm supposed to do. He was not the problem. 2-13 with RISP in the last game had a LOT to do with it. They had That hound dog on the ropes and were ONE BATTER away from knocking him out and couldn't come thru. again. Donnie got them there, But there is only so much he can do.

Dawdler
October 23rd, 2015, 11:07 PM
Gabe Kaplar, come on down, you are the next Dodger Manager

redxalonso
October 24th, 2015, 08:54 PM
Why Gabe Kapler?

Trapper9
October 25th, 2015, 09:45 AM
He's a Friedman guy.

SuperCalo2000
October 25th, 2015, 10:05 AM
I though Wallach deserved the job over Mattingly in the 1st place. Was hoping they'd rectify it. Looks like Wallach might go to the Nats. Solid move by them.

Should they go outside the organ-eye-zation, I would love for them to go after Maddon's bench coach. It'll be interesting. They need to fix that pen, the pitching depth and fix the outfield issues.

pb2k
October 25th, 2015, 11:38 AM
I think the best way to go would be to hire Dave Martinez to replace Mattingly and then have Kapler be bench coach. Seems like they'll probably just go with Kapler as Manager though.

Kubrick
October 25th, 2015, 12:15 PM
The front office deserves the right to create their own coaching staff from top to bottom so I'm not going to complain about who they fire/retain... yet.

KingsFan1985
October 25th, 2015, 02:27 PM
I disagreed with a lot of Donnie's moves, but I'm a fan. That's what I'm supposed to do. He was not the problem. 2-13 with RISP in the last game had a LOT to do with it. They had That hound dog on the ropes and were ONE BATTER away from knocking him out and couldn't come thru. again. Donnie got them there, But there is only so much he can do.

On the night of the loss Kevin Kennedy said it best. Kennedy said along the lines that when he was coach, if the players were learning something like extreme shifts that he would make sure to be out there to prepare the players for what happened to the Dodgers that led to that second run. The fact that shift came back to bite the Dodgers in the butt shows a failure in the part of the coaching staff to prepare their players for that situation. In other words, it's Mattingly's fault.

I don't disagree with Kennedy at all. I've seen close to a 100 Dodgers batting practices over the last two years, and the number of times I've seen Mattingly come out to instruct the players on something or work with them on something I can count with zero hands. If Mattingly does interact with the players somehow, it must be through Big Mac who I assume doesn't speak a word of Spanish, so how exactly is Mattingly a great manager of a personality like Puig?

Oh, I guess he has A-Gone do the work for him. What a brilliant players manager.