PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Dodgers Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2

pb2k
April 8th, 2015, 08:55 PM
Adrian Gonzalez is locked in right now. 3-3 tonight with three homers.

bad91
April 9th, 2015, 09:55 AM
A Gon!!!! bullpen was good last night too....whewwwwww!!

TR
April 9th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Great to see AGon whacking lots of homers early. I hope he can keep up a solid pace as I'd like to finally have a Dodger hit 50 HRs. Shawn Green came oh-so-close in '01, could this finally be the year?

Ice24
April 9th, 2015, 04:30 PM
Great to see AGon whacking lots of homers early. I hope he can keep up a solid pace as I'd like to finally have a Dodger hit 50 HRs. Shawn Green came oh-so-close in '01, could this finally be the year?

Not with him soon to be on the DL for 6-8 weeks,

Dawdler
April 9th, 2015, 07:51 PM
Not with him soon to be on the DL for 6-8 weeks,

I don't know about that, he looks a lot slimmer this year. it's really noticeable in his face and neck and it looks like he put in the work this offseason so if anything he would only be out 2-4 weeks :69smile:

TR
April 12th, 2015, 02:32 PM
So the after-homer bubble machine is no more?

What is it they are doing now after hitting a home run, acting like they are taking selfies?

I thought the bubble machine was hilarious.

pb2k
April 12th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Puig and Joc both going yard for the first time this season is good to see.

pb2k
April 12th, 2015, 04:31 PM
Don Mattingly is still terrible at managing the bullpen.

Claw21
April 13th, 2015, 08:09 PM
This Brandon McCarthy guy is a joke.

pb2k
April 13th, 2015, 08:20 PM
He looks great when he doesn't give up a home run.

pb2k
April 13th, 2015, 08:34 PM
I really like what Howie Kendrick has done so far this season. I don't think he has had one ****ty at bat yet.

Birdman
April 14th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Don Mattingly is still terrible at managing the bullpen.

What bullpen? That cluster**** is not going to win a championship until they get some dudes that can get you from the 6th to Kenley.

pb2k
April 14th, 2015, 11:55 AM
What bullpen? That cluster**** is not going to win a championship until they get some dudes that can get you from the 6th to Kenley.

http://dodgersdigest.com/2015/04/13/so-how-about-that-dodger-bullpen/

It's just a week in and for the most part the bullpen has been fine.

Cross Traffic
April 14th, 2015, 07:22 PM
I see that Huff is taking a page out of last night's game, give up 2 home runs early.

Trapper9
April 14th, 2015, 09:36 PM

No problems with Baez, Garcia and Perralta. Paco still has upside. Howell and Hatcher are garbage fires. Nicasio, I haven't seen enough but he looks alright tonight.

KingThomas
April 14th, 2015, 09:42 PM
I wish I could watch a game

soyokaze
April 14th, 2015, 11:52 PM

No problems with Baez, Garcia and Perralta. Paco still has upside. Howell and Hatcher are garbage fires. Nicasio, I haven't seen enough but he looks alright tonight.

Howell was nails two seasons ago. Once he signed that contract though it seemed to go downhill. He's been leaving so many fastballs over the heart of the plate and can't throw his breaking balls for strikes to save his life. Hope he turns it around soon.

This team has been a breath of fresh air so far. The black cloud of Colletti is gone. This front office finally has the has the brains and creativity to pull off unpopular trades in the eyes of public opinion to benefit the team long term. Colletti, as much as he was a good guy, just didn't have the shrewdness to pull off these type of moves.

TR
April 15th, 2015, 12:32 AM
Is this Alex Guerrero kid for real? Every day 3B?

That 2-run pinch-hit homer tonight was beautiful!

MaxwellSmart
April 15th, 2015, 09:20 AM
While the starting pitching hasn't been all that great, it's really good to see that these guys have been coming back in late innings.

They didn't do that last year. So far, the depth of their batting lineup is looking strong.

Birdman
April 16th, 2015, 11:50 AM
I wish I could watch a game

I have a way you can fix this if you're not too cheap to spend about $25.00 per month for the baseball season.

If this is the case, send me a PM and I'll explain it there (And anyone else who wants instructions).

roenick
April 16th, 2015, 03:21 PM
I had the luck of watching all three against the Mariners as I live in Seattle. The Dodgers look great so far (based on the three against the M's) but I do worry about starting pitching behind #1 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) and #2 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2) . I like the GM and figure they will make the necessary moves to overcome any issues. We will see where it goes but I am cautiously optimistic.

bad91
April 19th, 2015, 09:43 AM
I am real happy right now....i am still very concerned about the bullpen. Hopefully the 3-4-5 guys in the rotation can do well too.

Big Red
April 20th, 2015, 05:47 PM
Any recommendations on getting tickets? Is ticketmaster/the box office the way to go or are there after-market deals to be had?

bad91
April 20th, 2015, 07:27 PM
Any recommendations on getting tickets? Is ticketmaster/the box office the way to go or are there after-market deals to be had?

Honestly, I don't go to many games but i have continued to go the Stubhub route. You can find deals....you have to just look at the right times. (i am not endorsing Stubhub because I hate their customer service but its the safest way to go).

KingsFan1985
April 20th, 2015, 10:03 PM

NO!!!!!!...on box office and especially ticketmaster.

Stubhub tends to be cheaper than the box office price 95% of the times. I'm a season ticket holder who has to sell a lot of the tickets I have, so I know Stubhub sets the market value on resold tickets. If you go to other ticket brokers like Barry's Tickets or Scorebig they tend to be around the price as Stubhub. I personally feel eBay is the best route to find the cheapest tickets because sellers on eBay (like myself) try to undercut what tickets are going for on Stubhub.

Honestly, I don't go to many games but i have continued to go the Stubhub route. You can find deals....you have to just look at the right times. (i am not endorsing Stubhub because I hate their customer service but its the safest way to go).

Most pro sports teams have caved in and have come to grips with the fact that most sports fans now a days are going to choose Stubhub over the box office. That's why you can find links to Stubhub on both the Dodgers and Kings websites, and why Stubhub is directly linked to season ticket holders accounts so they can resell their tickets easily on Stubhub. The Dodgers have gone as far as to have windows at their box office soley dedicated to getting Stubhub tickets. So yes, using Stubhub is very safe.

KingThomas
April 21st, 2015, 09:29 AM
I have a way you can fix this if you're not too cheap to spend about $25.00 per month for the baseball season.

If this is the case, send me a PM and I'll explain it there (And anyone else who wants instructions).

It's not so much being too cheap (which I've been accused of), I think it's more of a mix between apathy and spite. :/

pb2k
April 22nd, 2015, 12:19 PM
This is a pretty good read for people still worried about the bullpen.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/just-a-bit-outside/story/los-angeles-dodgers-bullpen-joel-peralta-nicasio-garcia-baez-rodriguez-hatcher-liberatore-042215

KingsFan1985
April 22nd, 2015, 02:19 PM

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/just-a-bit-outside/story/los-angeles-dodgers-bullpen-joel-peralta-nicasio-garcia-baez-rodriguez-hatcher-liberatore-042215

I'm a season ticket holder and I see this team play a lot more than most people do (thanks to the TV fiasco). I knew all along that this team would be considerably better if they got rid of the following players.

1. Brian Wilson
2. Chris Perez
3. Jamey Wright
4. Matt Kemp
5. Hanley Ramirez

As long as you replaced these people with a player that had a WAR stat of +0.1, anything would be better. In the case of Hanley and Kemp it wasn't so much replacing things that would appear on their personal stat sheet more than it was replacing players that had piss poor attitudes, and impatient batting discipline that would affect the rest of lineup. I said it at the end of the last Dodgers/Padres series how fitting in was that Kemp tried to have a monster series against the Dodgers, but in the end the Padres lost the series on the final at bat which resulted with Matt Kemp striking out looking like an idiot.

Not saying the Dodgers are going to play like this all season, but so far I'm really liking the changes that were made.

Can we all agree on this? Howie Kendrick's overall game > Dee Gordon's speed

pb2k
April 22nd, 2015, 08:42 PM
This Jimmy Rollins lead off experiment needs to come to and end already.

Ice24
April 22nd, 2015, 09:12 PM
This Jimmy Rollins lead off experiment needs to come to and end already.

He's still young and will come around.

KingsFan1985
April 22nd, 2015, 10:01 PM
Rollins is on pace to have a 75+ rbi and runs, with a +.300 obp season.

I'm okay with this.

bad91
April 23rd, 2015, 07:11 AM

I am still worried...but that is me. I am still not convinced they are good enough to get the team thru the playoffs (granted they make it.).

mrm55
April 23rd, 2015, 11:57 AM

The LA Times Dodger reporter told how to do this using Unlocator. I have Roku and last night signed up for MLBtv, and got it working. btw you have 5 days to cancel MLBtv at no charge, and Unlock is free to try for seven days. With Roku you have to change your router configuration (easy to do). The picture was so bad I cancelled everything today.

Here's the link:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/la-sp-dodgers-tv-erskine-20150423-column.html

Birdman
April 23rd, 2015, 12:35 PM
The LA Times Dodger reporter told how to do this using Unlocator. I have Roku and last night signed up for MLBtv, and got it working. btw you have 5 days to cancel MLBtv at no charge, and Unlock is free to try for seven days. With Roku you have to change your router configuration (easy to do). The picture was so bad I cancelled everything today.

Here's the link:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/la-sp-dodgers-tv-erskine-20150423-column.html

That dude just explained to the world how to circumvent Time Warner entirely. They can't be happy.

The Dodgers won't be upset, the league makes more money off of the fans this way, and the Dodgers get a cut.

BTW, this is VERY similar to what I was going to describe.

pb2k
April 23rd, 2015, 01:09 PM
Looks like Alex Guerrero can hit a little bit.

KingsFan1985
April 23rd, 2015, 07:50 PM
Just when we were starting to say nice things about the Dodgers...

bad91
April 23rd, 2015, 09:41 PM
Looks like Alex Guerrero can hit a little bit.

Looks like its confirmed the Dodgers bullpen is a little weak!!

Ice24
April 23rd, 2015, 09:56 PM
It is sad that we are talking about the Dodgers in the first month of the season. Damn Kings! This is going to be the longest Spring/Summer. All we have to look forward to is football and that is in 4 months.

pb2k
April 23rd, 2015, 10:24 PM
Looks like its confirmed the Dodgers bullpen is a little weak!!

Was it the bullpen that only scored 6 runs in a three game series?

bad91
April 24th, 2015, 07:56 AM
Was it the bullpen that only scored 6 runs in a three game series?

Funny you said that....one of my friends said the same exact thing....You both made a valid statement.

pb2k
April 24th, 2015, 08:24 PM
Carl Crawford takes some of the worst swings I've ever seen. Really wish the would just play SVS in left.

Claw21
April 24th, 2015, 09:03 PM
Completely agree. SVS would hit 30 bombs a year if he was the starter.

pb2k
April 24th, 2015, 09:35 PM
Better defensively too.

Claw21
April 26th, 2015, 11:34 AM
McCarthy with a hurt elbow? Is this no surprise?

pb2k
April 26th, 2015, 03:24 PM
McCarthy with a hurt elbow? Is this no surprise?

The fact that he's injured isn't really surprising but it being an elbow injury and not his shoulder is a little surprising.

pb2k
April 26th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Jimmy Rollins has been really disappointing so far.

Claw21
April 26th, 2015, 08:54 PM
Now I'm reading on ESPN that mattingly wants to play Guerrero in LF. Um, why?

Claw21
April 26th, 2015, 08:58 PM
Corey Saeger is tearing it up in the minors so far. It's early but promising. What you think of an infield of Saeger at 3b, SS Guerrero, 2b Kendrick, Gonzalez 1b for next year. Guerrero is a natural SS.

Trapper9
April 26th, 2015, 09:46 PM
Flip Seager and Guerrero and 2b will either be that new Cuban kid or Sweeney. altho I did read they may try to sign Kendrick for another year.

Claw21
April 27th, 2015, 09:00 AM
I like Kendrick, always have. As for a Saeger/Guerrero switch, I believe that Guerrero is a natural SS and read somewhere the Dodgers would prefer Saeger at 3B. But I'm good either way.

pb2k
April 27th, 2015, 09:53 AM
I think the Dodgers abandoned the idea of Guerrero playing SS pretty soon after he got here. He doesn't seem to have the range for middle infield. They're having Seager play one game a week at third just in case they need him there but still plan for him to play SS for now.I get the feeling the infield next season will be Gonzalez at first either re-sign Kendrick or Olivera plays second Seager at SS if they feel he's ready to start the season and then Guerrero will play third.

Ice24
April 27th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Corey Saeger is tearing it up in the minors so far. It's early but promising. What you think of an infield of Saeger at 3b, SS Guerrero, 2b Kendrick, Gonzalez 1b for next year. Guerrero is a natural SS.

I would position Cey at 3b, Russell at SS, Lopes at 2b and Garvey at 1st. This lineup will lead them into the playoffs.

pb2k
April 27th, 2015, 04:17 PM
McCarthy: UCL tear, out for year

https://twitter.com/BillShaikin/status/592829503925280771

Fantastic. Hope Ryu can get back soon and stay healthy.

Claw21
April 27th, 2015, 04:25 PM
Should have never signed him in the first place. Oh well not my money

pb2k
April 27th, 2015, 04:40 PM
They shouldn't have signed him for 4 years but they still should have signed him. Other than the terrible hr/flyball ratio he looked really good before his elbow died.

pb2k
April 27th, 2015, 09:10 PM
Really like Joc Pederson so far. In the field and at the plate.

pb2k
April 28th, 2015, 10:05 PM
Two times the Dodgers have faced Bumgarner and two times Donnie has sent an absolute bull**** lineup out and two times they've not done ****. Just play your best best players and stop over thinking every thing. I really can't wait until he gets fired.

pb2k
May 1st, 2015, 07:56 PM
I think Joc Pederson is going to do just fine at the top of the order.

pb2k
May 4th, 2015, 05:54 PM
Good to see Grandal finally start hitting.

Claw21
May 4th, 2015, 06:57 PM
3-0 lead quickly went to crap in the 8th

Claw21
May 4th, 2015, 07:02 PM
4-3 Brewers now. Wonderful job of managing by mattingly. I would rather him send out relief pitcher to start inning than come in with runner on 2b. Especially if that pitcher is that POS Hatcher.

pb2k
May 7th, 2015, 01:20 PM
It would probably be alright for Joc Pederson to strike out a little less. Other than that he's been awesome though, it's pretty nice having a center fielder that can field. Yasmani Grandal is killing the ball right now too.

pb2k
May 7th, 2015, 01:53 PM
4-4 with two 3 run homers 8 RBI and 2 BB for Grandal today. That's like two months worth of production from AJ Ellis.

MaxwellSmart
May 7th, 2015, 02:28 PM
4-4 with two 3 run homers 8 RBI and 2 BB for Grandal today. That's like two months worth of production from AJ Ellis.

It's early in the season, but what the heck...

Matt Kemp
.291 with one homer and a .747 OPS in 29 games for the Padres.

Yasmani Grandal
.301 with four homers and a .948 OPS in 23 games for the Dodgers.

Claw21
May 10th, 2015, 02:25 PM
What's up with Kershaw? Struggling again.

Claw21
May 11th, 2015, 09:12 PM
How much longer Dodgers gonna go with Rollins at short?

pb2k
May 11th, 2015, 10:15 PM
That was a hell of a 9th inning. Yimi sure picked a ****ty time to have a bad game, good thing SVS came through with the walk off 3 run shot.

Claw21
May 11th, 2015, 10:26 PM
SVS just needs to be made the permanent starter.

KingsFan1985
May 11th, 2015, 10:56 PM
Yimi sure picked a ****ty time to have a bad game

First bad game of the season and we are way into May.

Compare that to last season's bullpen. Yimi's outing tonight was a good outing for Brian Wilson.

pb2k
May 12th, 2015, 10:13 PM
I think I could get used to this whole offense thing the Dodgers are doing this season.

Claw21
May 13th, 2015, 08:40 AM
That was a total beat down

Claw21
May 15th, 2015, 09:52 PM
Paco Rodriguez has kinda been a waste the past 2 years

pb2k
May 15th, 2015, 09:58 PM
Who the hell let last years bullpen into the stadium?

pb2k
May 15th, 2015, 10:19 PM
Pretty good first appearance for Jansen with the 4 strike out inning.

Claw21
May 15th, 2015, 10:36 PM
This Dodgers bullpen is scary nowadays.

pb2k
May 15th, 2015, 10:37 PM
They're having to throw way too many innings.

KingsFan1985
May 17th, 2015, 11:55 AM
Yes, classic out of touch Mattingly having no clue how to run his bullpen.

When Joe Torre retired he said Mattingly was a special manager. He was right, Mattingly is special in the way that he is an even worst manager of the bullpen then Torre was.

pb2k
May 19th, 2015, 08:04 PM
Enough of this Jimmy Rollins batting second bull**** already. Just stick him in the 8th spot and leave him there unless Ellis is playing.

pb2k
May 19th, 2015, 08:43 PM
They've just stopped hitting and it's really annoying. Against some ****ty pitchers too.

pb2k
May 21st, 2015, 03:43 PM
This team is unwatchable right now. They've scored 2 runs in their last 5 games.

mugs
May 22nd, 2015, 03:03 PM
Bumgardner (sp) scored more runs in one at bat than the Dodgers scored the entire series.
Hopefully they get better against the Padres.

Ice24
May 22nd, 2015, 04:07 PM
This team is unwatchable right now. They've scored 2 runs in their last 5 games.

it is similar to the Kings and you still watch them, except right now.

Claw21
May 23rd, 2015, 08:07 AM
Well it's a good thing most of us can't watch.

pb2k
May 26th, 2015, 03:40 PM
The game is on ESPN tonight and it isn't supposed to be blacked out.

pb2k
May 27th, 2015, 08:37 PM
Get Jimmy Rollins the **** out of the two hole already.

Claw21
May 27th, 2015, 09:34 PM
And while Donny Boy is at it get Chris Hatcher out of the bullpen. Dude can't pitch for ****.

Trapper9
May 27th, 2015, 11:24 PM
And while Donny Boy is at it get Chris Hatcher out of the bullpen. Dude can't pitch for ****.

His arm is fine but his head is shot.

KingsFan1985
May 30th, 2015, 08:29 PM
God I hate the Cardinals.

My most hated team in any sports.

KingsFan1985
May 30th, 2015, 11:09 PM
Who are these people that thought trading Kemp for Grandal was a bad move for the Dodgers?

Considering not only Kemp sucks again while we got a top 10 MLB catcher in the deal, but by trading Kemp it opened up Joc to start every day. It's starting to look like the Kemp trade was one of the best moves since the Dodgers traded Milton Bradley for Andre Ethier. Shoot this might end up being one of the best trades in LA Dodgers history.

Claw21
June 3rd, 2015, 11:04 PM
Why isn't Jansen pitching in the 9th with a 2 run lead?

Claw21
June 3rd, 2015, 11:06 PM
Mattingly is a piece of turd.

Claw21
June 3rd, 2015, 11:20 PM
Mattingly should be fired after tonights game. Worst game I have ever seen him use a bullpen.

Claw21
June 3rd, 2015, 11:23 PM
This loss is on mattingly. He's clueless.

Kubrick
June 7th, 2015, 01:06 AM
Alright, finally broke down and bought MLB.TV and a signed up for Unblock-Us.

The season starts now.

Kershaw was ****ing brilliant last night. Just finished watching the game. He was hitting his spots all night long. Beautiful mix of speed/location.

Nice to see Puig get back in the lineup. Hopefully he can stay healthy from here on out.

Claw21
June 7th, 2015, 08:02 PM
Dodgers bullpen is a joke. As soon as Greinke was replaced it was just a matter of time until his lead was gone.

pb2k
June 7th, 2015, 08:35 PM
The bullpen giving up runs is annoying as ****, but this is why they've been losing games.

#Dodgers lose to #Cardinals, 4-2. #Dodgers have scored two or fewer runs in 14 of their last 22 games.

https://twitter.com/dylanohernandez/status/607752341899460608

pb2k
June 12th, 2015, 09:42 PM
Yimi Garcia is a ****ing joke. How the **** is this guy allowed anywhere near a close game?

Kubrick
June 12th, 2015, 09:45 PM
Oh Yimi...

Kubrick
June 12th, 2015, 09:48 PM
I sure hope Zaidi is working on getting us some real arms for the bullpen.

There has to be some middle ground between overpaying for past success like Ned and scraping the bottom of the barrel and throwing 100 arms at the wall to see who sticks.

pb2k
June 12th, 2015, 10:02 PM
This team is horrendous at running the bases.

Kubrick
June 14th, 2015, 12:46 PM
Yesterday, 1st inning, Puig gunning the ball to second with nobody covering was the most Puig play possible.

Another stellar performance by Greinke. A little more offense would be nice.

Kubrick
June 14th, 2015, 05:03 PM
Pederson.

http://m.dodgers.mlb.com/video/topic/70087564/v165403283/

Is there anything this kid can't do? Amazing.

KingsFan1985
June 14th, 2015, 09:26 PM
Not gonna lie, I'm enjoying being Mr. I told ya so about Matt Kemp. Not so much to throw in the face of people here, but to throw it in the face of all those NBA/ESPN watching people on social networks who thrashed the Dodgers and said the Dodgers would be in last place because of the Kemp trade.

Big reason the Dodgers won both of the games in the series was thanks in large part to Matt's awful defense, but all the media and Matty fans will focus on his is the only good throw he made in the entire series. Meanwhile Puig can hit +.300 and drive in a million runs, but he gets caught stealing base once and people yell he needs to be traded to Japan.

mugs
June 15th, 2015, 07:16 AM
Not gonna lie, I'm enjoying being Mr. I told ya so about Matt Kemp. Not so much to throw in the face of people here, but to throw it in the face of all those NBA/ESPN watching people on social networks who thrashed the Dodgers and said the Dodgers would be in last place because of the Kemp trade.

Big reason the Dodgers won both of the games in the series was thanks in large part to Matt's awful defense, but all the media and Matty fans will focus on his is the only good throw he made in the entire series. Meanwhile Puig can hit +.300 and drive in a million runs, but he gets caught stealing base once and people yell he needs to be traded to Japan.

Imagine if Puig did what Tori Hunter did the other day? He would have been crucified.

pb2k
June 16th, 2015, 06:55 PM
I'm about to just stop watching any road games.

Kubrick
June 17th, 2015, 01:10 AM
So we're on to year two of waiting for Turner to regress to the mean. Unfortunately no one else in the lineup decided to do anything with their bat tonight. Not good.

pb2k
June 17th, 2015, 08:45 PM
This team is really boring to watch right now.

pb2k
June 18th, 2015, 09:38 PM
The offense is absolute garbage.

KingsFan1985
June 19th, 2015, 12:55 PM
hhmmmmm

http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2015/6/12/8770197/dodgers-trade-rumors-jordan-zimmermann-atop-wish-list/in/3537025

http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2015/6/11/8764221/mlb-trade-rumors-angels-dodgers-cj-wilson-andre-ethier

pb2k
June 19th, 2015, 09:45 PM
Getting really sick of this ****.

Kubrick
June 23rd, 2015, 07:34 PM
This is hard to watch. I miss the days when Kershaw and Greinke starts were guaranteed "W"s.

pb2k
June 23rd, 2015, 08:26 PM
I think the offense should try to score some runs.

Kubrick
July 6th, 2015, 10:39 PM
Four Dodgers make the All Star Team and not a one of them is Kershaw. I can't imagine many people would've predicted that prior to Opening Day.

Kubrick
July 6th, 2015, 10:40 PM
Nice to see the bats come alive against a dreadful Phillies team. I wonder what SP we go after post ASG.

KingsOvAllKings
July 7th, 2015, 11:19 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/mlb/players/full/6216.png&w=350&h=254

mugs
July 7th, 2015, 04:02 PM
The current Dodgers front office probably isn't looking for something that will cost a lot. They'll probably target second tier type pitchers like Jeff Samardzija.

mrm55
July 7th, 2015, 04:10 PM
What's wrong with Kershaw?

Claw21
July 7th, 2015, 06:00 PM
I thought Howie Kendrick would for sure make the team.

Kubrick
July 8th, 2015, 12:13 AM
What's wrong with Kershaw?

Unlucky.

http://www.faketeams.com/2015/6/30/8860007/how-unlucky-has-clayton-kershaw-been-in-2015-looking-at-his-year-with

Kubrick
July 8th, 2015, 12:14 AM
How bout a trade for Billingsley? Couldn't cost much, right?

http://cdn23.us2.fansshare.com/photos/losangelesdodgers/los-angeles-dodgers-brett-tomko-painting-vcbpgblq-wallpaper-539641570.jpg

god bless Brett Tomko.

Kubrick
July 8th, 2015, 10:06 PM
K(x13)ershaw was glorious tonight. See what happens when he gets left off the All Star roster?

Kubrick
July 9th, 2015, 11:38 PM
I'm going to miss Zack Greinke. I don't think there's any doubt that he's the greatest free agent signing in Dodgers history.

Kubrick
July 18th, 2015, 05:07 PM
Sweet baby Jesus. What a performance by Kershaw. 8IP 3H 14K 0BB. I love Greinke but the Cy Young is going to come down to Scherzer vs. Kershaw. I really want to see Kershaw win another.

Kubrick
July 18th, 2015, 05:10 PM
Did anyone else pick up The Best Team Money Can Buy by Molly Knight?

I'm about 5 chapters in and it is a great read. Kershaw comes off like a saint. The McCourts were literally Satan on Earth. Colletti comes off looking like a horse's ass. I had no idea he actually cried when the Giants won the World Series. Any way it's a good pick up for any Dodgers fan.

Here's an interview with Knight.

http://www.scpr.org/programs/offramp/2015/07/16/43672/how-guggenheim-turned-the-dodgers-into-the-best-te/

SuperCalo2000
July 18th, 2015, 05:35 PM
I'm going to miss Zack Greinke. I don't think there's any doubt that he's the greatest free agent signing in Dodgers history.

Better than Darryl Strawberry and Eric Davis ?

Other than Gibby winning that game and paying immediate dividends in '88, I think you're right. Grienke can do it all. Best all around pitcher in baseball I think. He can obviously pitch. He can run, hit, play D. Great head for the game.

Kubrick
July 23rd, 2015, 06:39 PM
Kershaw:

9IP 0ER 3H 0BB 11K

Cy Young mode engaged.

Claw21
July 25th, 2015, 05:08 PM
This Dodgers rookie pitcher is getting shelled.

Claw21
July 25th, 2015, 06:07 PM
And this Chinese pitcher that followed him sucks too. Dodgers should just leave him in for rest of the game.

Kubrick
July 26th, 2015, 09:58 AM
Cueto to the Royals. I wonder what it'll take to grab Latos from the Marlins.

Claw21
July 26th, 2015, 11:32 AM
I wonder what it would take to get the kid Jacob deGrom from NYM. Dodgers can't touch him (thats not saying much though)

Kubrick
July 26th, 2015, 07:41 PM
I wonder what it would take to get the kid Jacob deGrom from NYM. Dodgers can't touch him (thats not saying much though)

Seager, Urias and probably Pederson.

Pass.

I think we end up with Hammels and one more starter.

Problem is we aren't going very far with both Pederson and Puig in the toilet. Kendrick has also got to get his **** together. It's a good thing there's still two full months left in the season.

Claw21
July 28th, 2015, 09:11 PM
I'd give up Pederson and Puig for a guy like Sonny Gray. Don't even know if anybody wants Puig.

Kubrick
July 29th, 2015, 11:18 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/report--marlins-sending-pitcher-mat-latos--slugger-mike-morse-to-dodgers-154744003.html

Looks like we've got Latos and Morse. Love this move if Latos can get his velocity back up to where it was last season. Morse is interesting. Not sure where he fits though.

I'm guessing we're looking to move a couple OF by Friday.

I sure hope we're still in on Hamels and Price.

Here's a great interview with Farhan Zaidi. I wish the guy would do more press. He's a fascinating individual. I highly doubt Lombardi will be best buds with Friedman and Zaidi like he was with Colletti.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uOzI6OGUO4

pb2k
July 29th, 2015, 06:47 PM
That Latos deal got a lot bigger.

If completed, Dodgers get Wood, Latos, Johnson, Peraza, Morse. Braves get Olivera, Zach Bird, draft pick. Marlins get 3 low-level pitchers.

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/626568766088978433

And I imagine they will use some of those players to try and get Price from Detroit.

pb2k
July 30th, 2015, 10:08 AM
So the Dodgers won't be getting David Price. But if this Atlanta Miami deal goes through they still upgraded their rotation and bullpen without gutting the farm to way over pay for a rental. And they can sign Price this off season without losing a first round pick because he can't be given a qualifying offer any more.

pb2k
July 30th, 2015, 11:18 AM
To Dodgers: Wood, Latos, Morse, Avilan, Johnson, Peraza, Arroyo

To Braves: Olivera, Paco, Bird, pick

To Marlins: Brigham, Guzman, Araujo

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/626817903732482049

Going to have to make some more moves to fit all of this onto the 40 man roster.

Kubrick
July 30th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Kershaw/Greinke/Wood/Latos/Anderson works for me.

I like Price but not at the expense of Urias.

Avilan and Johnson give our bullpen stability and another LHP to spell Howell.

pb2k
July 30th, 2015, 01:07 PM
Bullpen should also get better simply by not having to throw so many innings. Bolsinger should be a decent long man in the 'pen too.

Frolov24
July 30th, 2015, 01:37 PM
Love this deal on every level. Improved both short-term and long-term, at minimal expense beyond cash. The front office has a great feel for asset management, and takes advantage of the market in a big way. Hard to believe in one trade they accomplished so much. They picked up a few desirable rentals for the rotation and bullpen (Latos and Johnson) as well as some really nice long-term pieces. They now have a controllable middle of the rotation starter and lefty reliever (Wood and Avilan) along with a top-tier middle infield prospect in Peraza. Morse is a DFA candidate and Arroyo will never see the field as a Dodger.

It's nice to have money, but the new front office is so much smarter in the way they use it than the previous one. Colletti used money to outbid everyone else or buy expensive players that teams wanted to dump. The new guys use it to create advantageous situations where they can acquire valuable assets and use money to offset other needs.

Claw21
July 31st, 2015, 08:10 PM
Maybe Dodgers should've traded for a hitter because these guys can't hit.

Kubrick
August 1st, 2015, 01:19 PM
Maybe Dodgers should've traded for a hitter because these guys can't hit.

I think we have enough bats. We unquestionably did not have enough arms.

I'm feeling significantly better about our odds of getting deep into the Playoffs this year after the moves by Friedman and Zaidi.

pb2k
August 1st, 2015, 02:59 PM
Yasmani Grandal is ****ing awesome.

Claw21
August 2nd, 2015, 01:59 PM
It is really hard to watch Joc Pederson these days.

UnderPressure
August 2nd, 2015, 02:59 PM
Boy, do I hate the Angels. I know we have Angel fans here so I'm just letting you know. **** the Angels!

Kubrick
August 2nd, 2015, 03:02 PM
Great series for Kendrick and Grandal. The rest of the team needs to get their **** together.

Claw21
August 2nd, 2015, 04:04 PM
Pedro Baez sucks balls. Fast ball right down the middle. Idiot. Another bad job of bullpen management by Mattingly.

UnderPressure
August 2nd, 2015, 04:34 PM
Sweeeeeeeeep!

Kubrick
August 2nd, 2015, 04:38 PM
Ethier redemption season nearly complete. He's still got the stroke, that's for damn sure.

Nyssa42
August 2nd, 2015, 05:43 PM
Boy, do I hate the Angels. I know we have Angel fans here so I'm just letting you know. **** the Angels!

I am an Angels fan, and, boy, do I hate the Angels right now, too! :)

Kubrick
August 2nd, 2015, 06:04 PM
Very solid debut for Latos. Rocky 1st inning but he found his groove. Liked his velocity. Good movement on his breaking balls and his change up was effective. Angels made a lot of contact but at no point did he look like he was in trouble. I really want to see Honeycutt work his magic on him.

I can't wait to see Wood pitch on Tuesday.

Frolov24
August 3rd, 2015, 03:51 PM
Pedro Baez sucks balls. Fast ball right down the middle. Idiot. Another bad job of bullpen management by Mattingly.

What a ridiculously bad job Mattingly did in the 9th yesterday. Howell had just retired two batters in a row, the last on a strikeout, and due up is Chris .192 Iannetta. JP has actually faced more righties this year (and an even amount over the past 4 years), so he's proven successful at getting both righties and lefties out. Yet Mattingly sees this scenario and still decides he needs to play the righty/righty matchup game! He has a .192 hitting catcher lined up against arguably his best (at very least best available) reliever, and still makes the decision to pull Howell to bring in the righty.

And to top it off, he can't resist the double-switch temptation and yanks Puig from RF. With a man on 2nd, Puig is the one outfielder on the team who can legitimately make a runner think twice about scoring on a base hit. The Angels are down to their last out, you have to keep your best defensive lineup as top priority! But Mattingly-bot sticks to his pre-programmed script and takes out Puig in favor of SVS so Baez could be effectively 9th in the order. It's like he was managing as if the Angels had already tied the game, this move would only make sense in that scenario.

Ethier bailed him out in the end, but the Dodgers were dangerously close to losing a game they should have had firmly in hand.

pb2k
August 4th, 2015, 08:14 PM
Peralta should have been DFA'd months ago.

Kubrick
August 5th, 2015, 11:12 AM
Oh man. Our bullpen is garbage. Somehow I think it's actually worse than last year.

I don't know how accurate these numbers are but I found them on Reddit:

Dodgers SP
ER: 173
IP: 612.6

Dodgers RP
ER: 156
IP: 317

Wood pitched a solid game until the wheels came off in the 7th. What a crazy turn of events.

Kubrick
August 5th, 2015, 11:14 AM
But Mattingly-bot sticks to his pre-programmed script and takes out Puig in favor of SVS so Baez could be effectively 9th in the order. It's like he was managing as if the Angels had already tied the game, this move would only make sense in that scenario.

I can only hope that Mattingly-bot receives the same fate as Hitch-bot in Philly.

Claw21
August 7th, 2015, 07:50 PM
This new relief pitcher named Jim Johnson is absolutely brutal.

Claw21
August 7th, 2015, 07:54 PM
He's actually made the bullpen worse. I hope to never see him again in a Dodgers uniform after this year.

KingsFan1985
August 7th, 2015, 08:18 PM
He's actually made the bullpen worse. I hope to never see him again in a Dodgers uniform after this year.

Johnson and Peralta are the new Wilson and League. Naturally Donnie has them pitch everyday now. I can't believe we have gone this far into the season without seeing this gif, but I think the time is right.

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd421/mugs3/DonnieDumDum.gif

pb2k
August 8th, 2015, 01:55 PM
DFA Guerrero and call up Seager to play third until Turner gets back.

Claw21
August 8th, 2015, 02:20 PM
These new dodgers pitchers are mierda

pb2k
August 8th, 2015, 02:48 PM
Time to bring Bolsinger back.

Kubrick
August 8th, 2015, 04:13 PM
I actually like what Avilan has showcased so far. He's certainly made some bad pitches but he's also shown the ability to get out of a jam. Maybe he's just getting lucky but some guys just have a knack for getting those breaks when they need them most.

Latos was garbage today.

There's still plenty of season left so I'm not sweating it just yet.

Kubrick
August 8th, 2015, 04:17 PM
Also, Puig is still struggling at the plate but that play he made in the OF today was unreal. What a throw.

Claw21
August 9th, 2015, 07:06 PM
Latos and Wood have been brutal last couple days.

pb2k
August 9th, 2015, 08:02 PM
Stupid ****ing piece of **** bullpen.

pb2k
August 9th, 2015, 08:10 PM
There's no way they don't firewall Mattingly after this season, right?

pb2k
August 9th, 2015, 08:32 PM
I'm better than Joel Peralta.

Kubrick
August 9th, 2015, 08:57 PM
That was the series from hell.

Mattingly has got to be sticking it to management by putting Peralta out there just to watch him implode every single time, right?

Claw21
August 9th, 2015, 09:13 PM
Johnson is the worst. Peralta is right behind him.

Kubrick
August 9th, 2015, 09:24 PM
https://twitter.com/truebluela/status/630579879122108417

Jim Johnson in 2015: ATL: 48 IP, 12 ER, 2 HR LA: 3 2/3 IP, 12 ER, 2 HR

Ugly.

SuperCalo2000
August 10th, 2015, 07:31 PM
Can Mattingly go away ? I know he learned horrible bullpen management from Joe "I <3 Bigalow Green Tea" Torre but wtfomgloladmbbq !

pb2k
August 10th, 2015, 08:35 PM
The pitching staff is a complete mess.

Big Red
August 12th, 2015, 02:00 PM
anyone going to the game tonight? I might pick up some tickets since it's Kings night.

Kubrick
August 12th, 2015, 09:43 PM
Damn. I was sure Kershaw had a no-hitter tonight. I guess I can live with 8IP 0ER 3H 0BB 8K.

Claw21
August 12th, 2015, 10:26 PM
Now we gotta hope and pray with Latos, Wood and Anderson up next

pb2k
August 13th, 2015, 08:46 PM
Bolsinger > Latos.

Kubrick
August 13th, 2015, 08:47 PM
Been a long two weeks for nearly every player we acquired in the big deal.

Claw21
August 14th, 2015, 08:20 AM
These new pitchers blow ****. I can't believe these are the guys Dodgers management tried to sell us on.

Kubrick
August 19th, 2015, 07:10 PM
Dodgers continue to look like they're circling the drain. Picking up Utley is a real Colletti move. It's hard to believe just how terrible the offense and bullpen look 120+ games into the season.

I wonder what Matt Stairs is up to these days...

pb2k
August 19th, 2015, 08:05 PM
Getting Utley for next to nothing isn't going to hurt the team at all so they might as well do it.

pb2k
August 19th, 2015, 08:08 PM
http://m.mlb.com/news/article/143727066/chase-utley-producing-with-healthy-ankle

SuperCalo2000
August 19th, 2015, 08:19 PM
Getting Utley for next to nothing isn't going to hurt the team at all so they might as well do it.

It was more a move to make sure the Giants didn't get him. It also enables Kike to spell Joc more.

pb2k
August 19th, 2015, 08:48 PM
The Dodgers have designated infielder Alberto Callaspo for assignment.

https://twitter.com/Dodgers/status/634210219074187264

FortyFour
August 19th, 2015, 09:01 PM
Giants could've claimed Utley if they really wanted him given the current standings. That being said, I'm concerned what this means for Kendrick's injury but it's also about spelling Joc against a lefties with Hernandez given how he's been playing.

mervaldez
August 19th, 2015, 09:22 PM
Is Utley's fastball 90+ with movement? If not I don't think we'll be hearing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8faZC2fYHg

Claw21
August 21st, 2015, 07:01 PM
Dodgers cant hit or pitch. Bad combo.

pb2k
August 21st, 2015, 07:46 PM
Pretty pathetic effort from the offense the past few games.

Kubrick
August 21st, 2015, 08:41 PM
I'm not going to say the season is over but... it don't look good.

Kubrick
August 21st, 2015, 08:47 PM
Just saw this on Reddit...

After starting 22-10 the Dodgers have gone 45-43, they've been practically playing .500 ball since early May.

Claw21
August 22nd, 2015, 06:29 PM
This Dodgers team is a complete joke now. Same problems every year. Crappy hitting crappy bullpen. Crappy starters. Management is dumb. Do they think Pederson and Puig are the answers to future success? Puig is a watered down Mondesi and Pederson is the 2nd coming of Adam Dunn. Can't wait to see what the 'farm' brings.

Claw21
August 22nd, 2015, 06:38 PM
I should say starters other than kershaw and greinke.

KingsFan1985
August 23rd, 2015, 12:41 AM
This Dodgers team is a complete joke now. Same problems every year. Crappy hitting crappy bullpen. Crappy starters. Management is dumb. Do they think Pederson and Puig are the answers to future success? Puig is a watered down Mondesi and Pederson is the 2nd coming of Adam Dunn. Can't wait to see what the 'farm' brings.

Raul Mondesi is so overrated. Why do so many Dodgers fans talk up that guy like he has one foot in the hall of fame door? Did Raul Mondesi even make more than one all star appearance?

Kubrick
August 23rd, 2015, 03:32 PM
Another beauty from Kershaw, another loss for our bullpen. Kenley couldn't get three outs without giving up a run. It's incredible how bad they all look.

Kubrick
August 23rd, 2015, 03:39 PM
Raul Mondesi is so overrated. Why do so many Dodgers fans talk up that guy like he has one foot in the hall of fame door? Did Raul Mondesi even make more than one all star appearance?

Overrated and a poignant anecdote of what could become of Puig if he thinks pure talent is enough to get him by.

Mondesi was labeled a Five Tool player and the most talented player in the organization. He won the Roy, got an ASG appearance by 24, first Dodger 30-30 in team history and had a stretch of 4.8, 4.6 and 5.7 WAR. But yeah, he absolutely could've done more. He just failed to fully commit to being elite. He certainly had attitude and off the field issues and the team was glad to be rid of him. Let's hope Puig has a better outcome.

FortyFour
August 23rd, 2015, 06:00 PM
Can't win on the road and the bullpen is horrible. This team might not even make the playoffs.

SuperCalo2000
August 23rd, 2015, 08:43 PM
Overrated and a poignant anecdote of what could become of Puig if he thinks pure talent is enough to get him by.

Mondesi was labeled a Five Tool player and the most talented player in the organization. He won the Roy, got an ASG appearance by 24, first Dodger 30-30 in team history and had a stretch of 4.8, 4.6 and 5.7 WAR. But yeah, he absolutely could've done more. He just failed to fully commit to being elite. He certainly had attitude and off the field issues and the team was glad to be rid of him. Let's hope Puig has a better outcome.

Exactly. Mondy had all the talent to have his number retired. He had it in him to be 40/40. He was exciting to watch but he believed his own press clippings and stagnated. Mondesi was so frustrating because you could see how great he could be if he got his head out his butt. At this point, I'd be happy to see Puig get to Mondy status. Even that seems like a reach for "Man Bear".

Kubrick
August 23rd, 2015, 10:52 PM
Can't win on the road and the bullpen is horrible. This team might not even make the playoffs.

The NL West sucks. As piss poor as they Dodgers have played for most of the season, somehow they're still in first.

KingsFan1985
August 23rd, 2015, 11:59 PM
The NL West sucks. As piss poor as they Dodgers have played for most of the season, somehow they're still in first.

2016 season ticket deposits....I mean 2015 playoffs tickets payment for season ticket holders are due by September the 9'th.

Kubrick
August 24th, 2015, 12:23 AM
Exactly. Mondy had all the talent to have his number retired. He had it in him to be 40/40. He was exciting to watch but he believed his own press clippings and stagnated. Mondesi was so frustrating because you could see how great he could be if he got his head out his butt. At this point, I'd be happy to see Puig get to Mondy status. Even that seems like a reach for "Man Bear".

You know, I hate to admit it, but I think you're right. Puig is probably a better overall hitter than Mondesi was but I highly doubt Puig will ever put up the HR numbers that Mondesi did. Plus Mondesi had better range in the OF than Puig does and their arms are a wash. Puig probably throws harder but let's not gloss over the fact that Mondesi lead his league in RF Assists three separate seasons and was Top 5 four other seasons in his career.

All that being said, Puig still has a lot of baseball in front of him. His future is unwritten, as Joe Strummer would say. The only thing holding Puig back from being the best player in the NL, is Puig. If he puts in the work and makes the effort to maximize his ability he'll go down as one of the greatest Dodgers ever. He's clearly that gifted. I hope that he takes this season as a reality check and goes into next season healthy and ready to hit like the monster he can be.

SuperCalo2000
August 24th, 2015, 09:33 AM
All that being said, Puig still has a lot of baseball in front of him. His future is unwritten, as Joe Strummer would say. The only thing holding Puig back from being the best player in the NL, is Puig. If he puts in the work and makes the effort to maximize his ability he'll go down as one of the greatest Dodgers ever. He's clearly that gifted. I hope that he takes this season as a reality check and goes into next season healthy and ready to hit like the monster he can be.

Very true. I see him traded soon. I would have shipped him to the Mets for one of their youbg flamethrowers. Still would.

I think he needs a change of scenery/wake up call. He will either sulk like Mondy did in Toronto or blossom into a perennial all-star. I want the Man Bear to be the player that we all know he can be. If it ever does happen, I think it won't be in LA.

Kubrick
August 26th, 2015, 12:42 PM
Good win last night. Bullpen showed some good ability to bend but not break.

Progress.

SuperCalo2000
August 26th, 2015, 04:28 PM
Heard Urias will be in the "2nd wave" of September call-ups. Yay ! Saeger may join him.

KingsFan1985
August 27th, 2015, 12:06 AM
Heard Urias will be in the "2nd wave" of September call-ups. Yay ! Saeger may join him.

I haven't seen Saeger since Rancho, but from what I saw of him he didn't stand out defensively. There was also something about him that didn't pop out at me in the same way Puig, Pederson, and Trout did with the Quakes. Granted those are some big players I just name dropped, but everyone has been hyping Corey up to be the next big mega star. I know the stats say otherwise, but it's just my observation that in the minors I thought Saeger was lacking that extra something that makes me see a potential super star in the making. I think that extra something was defense, but this is just my personal opinion. I haven't seen him play in over a year.

Kubrick
August 29th, 2015, 10:09 AM
Kershaw was particularly filthy last night. 14Ks put him back on track to possibly hit 300.

I couldn't help but notice that Grandal's framing ability stole a handful of called strikes for Kersh. You can see it below:

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/cache/location.php-pitchSel=477132&game=gid_2015_08_28_chnmlb_lanmlb_1&batterX=&innings=yyyyyyyyy&sp_type=1&s_type=&league=mlb&pnf=&zlpo=&cache=1.gif

I think the Cy Young is going to Greinke this year but Kershaw is having a more dominant year.

pb2k
August 30th, 2015, 07:53 PM
No hit two times in two weeks. This team is ****.

Claw21
August 30th, 2015, 08:08 PM
This team just can't hit period. Hell put me in to hit!

Ice24
August 30th, 2015, 10:11 PM
Football is starting so finally we can put the MLB season to rest. It was a long summer but it has finally come to an end. At least for the Angels they did not drag it on into September they bowed out in August. Not sure why the Dodgers are still hanging around.

Claw21
August 31st, 2015, 08:50 PM
Joc Pederson is awful right now and to be honest I don't see him turning it around. Started off incredible but now that the league has figured him out, he's become an automatic out. I can definitely see him getting shipped out this off-season.

pb2k
September 1st, 2015, 12:43 AM
Hell of a game from the bullpen. Especially Hatcher.

KingsFan1985
September 1st, 2015, 01:34 AM
Don't care how bad people think the Dodgers have been doing as of late, they just delivered a soul crusher to the Giants. SF is on the ropes if they lose tomorrow.

Ice24
September 1st, 2015, 08:12 AM
Hell of a game from the bullpen. Especially Hatcher.

Mickey?

KingsFan1985
September 2nd, 2015, 11:09 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/727513/raging-bull-3-o.gif

Kubrick
September 3rd, 2015, 01:19 PM
6.5 game lead with 29 games left. I like our odds.

Kershaw was masterful last night. What more needs to be said about the guy. He's on his way to becoming the greatest pitcher in Dodgers history.

Kubrick
September 3rd, 2015, 03:48 PM
Looks like the Corey Seager era begins tonight. He's starting at SS.

pb2k
September 3rd, 2015, 07:57 PM
Maybe don't let Mat Latos start any more games.

pb2k
September 3rd, 2015, 09:01 PM
Seager looking pretty good so far.

Kubrick
September 3rd, 2015, 09:29 PM
I have zero faith in Baez. None. Yes, there was a **** call by the Umps but Baez had no business giving up that double.

Kubrick
September 3rd, 2015, 09:45 PM
And now Howell continues to circle the drain. It's a one run game all of the sudden.

Kubrick
September 3rd, 2015, 10:07 PM
The mighty Dodgers bullpen strikes again.

KingsFan1985
September 3rd, 2015, 10:38 PM
Latos and Johnson have to be two of the worst pick ups the Dodgers have made in recent memory. Baez is straight up ass. I'm not going to get on JP's case because I have been predicting his demise for many months now. Mattingly doesn't know how to use Howell and once again we see his arm go out late in the season.

Our bullpen isn't as bad as their overall stats would indicate, it's just Mattingly uses the same 3 terrible guys over and over again. Unless the GMs take it upon themselves to admit their mistakes and give Johnson his much deserved pink slip, the Dodgers will once again fall prey to the Cardinals.

KingsFan1985
September 4th, 2015, 10:05 AM
Sounds like Latos just made his last start for the Dodgers.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/04/dodgers-are-already-fed-up-with-6-56-era-pitching-excuse-making-mat-latos/#comments

Kubrick
September 4th, 2015, 01:37 PM
Latos and Johnson have to be two of the worst pick ups the Dodgers have made in recent memory. Baez is straight up ass. I'm not going to get on JP's case because I have been predicting his demise for many months now. Mattingly doesn't know how to use Howell and once again we see his arm go out late in the season.

Our bullpen isn't as bad as their overall stats would indicate, it's just Mattingly uses the same 3 terrible guys over and over again. Unless the GMs take it upon themselves to admit their mistakes and give Johnson his much deserved pink slip, the Dodgers will once again fall prey to the Cardinals.

I don't see how Johnson makes it on the postseason roster. Right now he's 2nd year Brian Wilson, bad. I had high hopes for Latos but he's been absolute trash.

Avilan has emerged as the best LHP option out of the pen.

What's really sucks is that Baez, Hatcher, Garcia and Nicasio all have the stuff to be extremely effective relievers but for some reason or another they just haven't put it together consistently this season. Very frustrating.

Dawdler
September 5th, 2015, 10:37 AM
Latos and Johnson have to be two of the worst pick ups the Dodgers have made in recent memory.

I'm glad you blocked out Kevin Correia from your memory that guy was horrid, at one point he had an ERA over 8 and gave up 22 runs in 24 innings

Claw21
September 5th, 2015, 05:07 PM
Jim Johnson is by far the worst pickup ever. 17 ER in 11 innings. I didn't even think that was possible. Yet Mattingly still uses the bum. If I was the manager I'd tell Johnson not to even dress because you are not pitching...no matter what.

Claw21
September 5th, 2015, 05:08 PM
13.91 ERA as a Dodger. I could do better.

FortyFour
September 6th, 2015, 12:56 AM
I've caught the Dodgers at Petco 12 times over the last 10 years. They've lost 11 of those games. I don't know if they owe me an apology or if I owe them an apology. Mind****ed.

KingsFan1985
September 7th, 2015, 12:59 AM
I've caught the Dodgers at Petco 12 times over the last 10 years. They've lost 11 of those games. I don't know if they owe me an apology or if I owe them an apology. Mind****ed.

Same here. I've been to Petco almost a dozen times as well, and I didn't see the Dodgers win until my last two visits. Not sure what is with me and that place.

I also don't know if this is only me, but Petco is easily by far the snottiest and rudest ballparks I have been to as a visiting Dodgers fan. Petco is the only ballpark I have ever been to where I have had numerous encounters with rude employees who are clearly not professional enough to drop the homerism for even one minute. I'm not even making this up, I have had Petco employees refuse to let me know where the nearest restroom was simply because I was wearing Dodgers stuff. It was so ridiculous at first at thought it was shtick, but after 10 or seconds I realized it wasn't.

Then there are the fans who I could care less about, but are consumed with wanting the Dodgers and their fans to hate them. The problem is Padres fans lack the passion of Giants fans, so all the Dodgers hate comes off as snotty. Using my last visit as an example, I tried to get into a friendly small talk conversation with a Padres fan about how they feel their team is doing and what I feel my team is doing at the moment (which probably wasn't pro Dodgers). The fan was somewhat engaged in the conversation, but you could tell he was pissed for some reason. Ultimately when the conversation ended I said something along the lines of, "well I will be rooting for the Padres when they play the Giants." To which the Padres fan replied with a very pissed off, "man, don't ever root for the Padres!" Like seriously WTF did that come from?

That's just a couple of the many examples I could point out about my negative experiences at Petco, even though I think it's a beautiful place and I could care less about hating San Diego. Funny thing is I have also been to AT&T ballpark and have had far more pleasant experiences up there. Also just took my first trip to supposed dangerous Oakland A's ballpark, and couldn't have had a more pleasant experience with the fans. I haven't been to Arizona yet, but I have heard not so appealing things about that place.

FortyFour
September 7th, 2015, 09:23 AM
Hating the Dodgers is all Padre fans have, and it's how their fandom is measured. The inferiority complex runs deep at Petco.

Claw21
September 7th, 2015, 06:41 PM
I think I would rather have Pederson DH'd for instead of Greinke or Kershaw in an American League park. Pederson is an easy out.

FortyFour
September 7th, 2015, 07:37 PM
I get it, but no way.

Claw21
September 7th, 2015, 09:08 PM
Here comes Jim Johnson with bases loaded. Oh boy. Does Mattingly not have a stat sheet in front of him?

FortyFour
September 7th, 2015, 09:22 PM
Johnson's downward spiral, and Mattingly's continued insistence to use him is baffling to me.

Trapper9
September 10th, 2015, 02:49 PM
This should give you a chuckle.

http://www.halosheaven.com/2015/9/9/9299949/angels-destroy-lowly-dodgers-in-humiliating-3-2-win-prove-theyre

Claw21
September 11th, 2015, 08:04 PM
Wood getting bitch slapped by the crappy Dbacks. 10-0 in the 3rd inning. Mattingly shoulda left him in to endure his own pain and suffering.

Claw21
September 12th, 2015, 07:06 PM
Wow it's a total crapshoot when Zack or Clayton don't pitch.

Kubrick
September 15th, 2015, 12:37 PM
I wish I could say I'm surprised...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/dodgersnow/la-sp-dn-corey-seager-will-sit-when-jimmy-rollins-returns-to-dodgers-lineup-20150912-story.html

Donnie ****ing Baseball, folks.

Claw21
September 15th, 2015, 07:16 PM
That's fine. Play Saeger at 3rd. Move Turner to 2nd. No big deal. I'm getting a feeling that Kendrick is done.

Dawdler
September 15th, 2015, 10:19 PM
Grandal chokes a way a chance to win and Mattingly puts in the gas can to start the next inning and BAM Colorado has bases loaded, didn't the Dodgers call up some arms?

Dawdler
September 15th, 2015, 10:25 PM
nice job by the lefty, Gnats are losing, so thinks are looking up for the Dodgers either way.

Dawdler
September 16th, 2015, 09:30 PM
great performance by Wood, 8 innings 78 pitches, he really bailed out the rest of the team tonight

KingsFan1985
September 17th, 2015, 12:39 AM
great performance by Wood, 8 innings 78 pitches, he really bailed out the rest of the team tonight

For some reason the bullpen was used.

KingsFan1985
September 17th, 2015, 12:43 AM
On somewhat Dodgers related news, tonight the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes won the So Cal. pennant, and will play in the California League Championship series against the Giants Single A team.

Tomorrow is game 1 in Rancho versus the hated San Jose Giants.

Dawdler
September 18th, 2015, 10:14 PM
magic number is now 8

and Latos must be a real POS to be DFA'd on a winning team with expanded rosters

TooCool
September 19th, 2015, 01:54 AM
So the Giants are pretty much the Kings huh? From champs to chumps. =x

^^ I'm not a Giants fan by any means. I'm just wondering if you guys agree with me that it's unacceptable for a franchise of any sport to do that.

mugs
September 19th, 2015, 06:58 AM

^^ I'm not a Giants fan by any means. I'm just wondering if you guys agree with me that it's unacceptable for a franchise of any sport to do that.

Not so much with baseball. Fewer playoff spots.

KingsFan1985
September 19th, 2015, 10:35 PM
Rancho Cucamonga Quakes sweep the Giants. 2015 California League Champions!

I believe all three times the Giants won, the season immediately after they failed to make the playoffs. I actually want to say this season was by far their most competitive season after winning it all. There's a reason why I started that "are the Giants the worst dynasty off all time" thread.

Trapper9
September 20th, 2015, 09:51 PM

It is actually very hard to make the post season in baseball. A little easier with the new wild card system but still. It is not just a billy goat that kept the Cubs out of the WS all these years.

FortyFour
September 20th, 2015, 10:34 PM
With a road record like they have, the Dodgers better do everything in their power to ensure home field advantage against the Mets.

Claw21
September 26th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Magic number at 2. But dodgers gonna be screwed in games kershaw or Greinke don't pitch.

pb2k
September 27th, 2015, 04:38 PM
Maybe the Dodgers can stop playing like **** and win one game to eliminate the giants.

pb2k
September 28th, 2015, 11:15 PM
The offense is a ****ing joke right now.