PDA

View Full Version : NHL 16 News

Dexter
May 17th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Well, NHL 15 happened. Reveal of the features will be Tuesday. Most likely, EASHL is finally put in, and a revamped GM mode.

https://scontent-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/11269816_10153335443380996_1355625005045557478_n.j pg?oh=41d487d71b3dc8828ae3ce87e4f7f33e&oe=55C8DDF6

TooCool
May 18th, 2015, 12:07 PM
Time for them to announce that EASHL is a brand new, never before seen feature.

Dexter
May 18th, 2015, 07:05 PM
Features leaked for a bit.

https://www.easports.com/nhl/features/nhl-16

In case the page gets pulled.

Features:
NHL 16:

Release date: Coming September 2015
Available only on Xbox One & PlayStation 4
NHL 16

Built with more input from our fans than ever before, NHL 16 steps onto the ice to deliver ways to compete as a team, new features across the most played single-player modes, gameplay innovation at every position on the ice and an unrivaled game day atmosphere.
NEW WAYS TO COMPETE AS A TEAM

Hockey is a sport that comes to life in a competitive team-based gameplay experience. Whether it’s through speed, skill, or physicality, every player makes an impact on the ice no matter what position they play or their role on the team. So grab some friends and jump into either 6 v. 6 Online Team Play, Online Couch Co-op, or the re-imagined EA SPORTS Hockey League and prove that great individuals can’t beat a great team.
The New EASHL

Sharpen those skates and grab your buddies because the EA SPORTS Hockey League is back! This fan-favorite online team mode has been reimagined and lets you choose specialized player classes to deliver a balanced competitive experience on the ice. Player skill and your ability to play as a team will now be the determining factor in who wins and loses hockey games.
6 v. 6 Online Team Play

Play online with up to twelve skaters including user controlled goalies. Using real-world NHL rosters you can compete in ranked drop-in games against players from around the world or invite your friends to a private OTP session before you step into EA SPORTS Hockey League.
Online Couch Co-op

The perfect way to play when you and your friends want to jump on the couch, join forces and play some drop-in hockey online. It’s the best place to practice your team play skills before playing OTP or EASHL.
A WAY TO PLAY FOR EVERY HOCKEY FAN

Whether you’re an armchair GM, want to live out your NHL pro fantasy, or build your ultimate dream team, NHL 16 will deliver a single-player game mode for every type of hockey fan - each with new features that you’ve never seen in EA SPORTS NHL.
Be a GM: Player Morale

Being a GM is about more than just getting the best players, it’s about getting the right players to play well together. Each player on your NHL and AHL team has a different personality that you will have to manage. Deal with trade demands, teammate relationships, and much more by calling team meetings or adjusting your roster to directly affect your team’s on-ice performance.
Be a Pro: Shape Your Legacy

The way you play dictates the type of player you will become in an all-new Be a Pro progression system. On-ice actions directly influence attributes earned, ensuring that your Pro will reflect the way you play. Sim to your next shift and the ability to work your way up from CHL rookie to an NHL Superstar also make a return in NHL 16.
Hockey Ultimate Team: Single Player Seasons

The most played mode in the NHL series gets even better. Improved player management and the introduction of HUT Single Player Seasons gives you another way to hone your skills before jumping online with HUT Online Seasons or challenging your friends with the Play a Friend feature.
Visual On-Ice Training

Whether you’re new to the NHL series and looking for pointers or are a grizzled veteran trying to perfect your game, this new training tool will help sharpen your offensive and defensive skills no matter your talent level. Visual aids project shooting targets, passing lanes, open teammates, and more.
COMPLETE CONTROL FROM EVERY POSITION

Whether you play as a forward, defenseman or goalie, NHL 16 delivers a balanced gameplay experience that makes every position on the ice meaningful to team success. With gameplay innovation on offense and defense, players have new tools to not only score goals, but to prevent them as well.
Precision Skating

Utilize a new skating tool that allows you to make refined movements with your skater in any situation. On defense quickly jump into passing lanes and intercept the puck, or walk the blueline on the power play and open yourself up for that one-timer in the offensive zone.
Seamless Puck Pickups

The ability to quickly control a pass or corral a loose puck can be the difference between generating a scoring chance and getting leveled. New puck pickups result in smoother transitions when receiving the puck no matter what your position, giving you more time and control to make your next move.
UNRIVALED GAME DAY AUTHENTICITY

NHL 16 brings the game to life with distinct arena atmospheres, the most realistic players yet, and a story-driven commentary package to pull you into the energy of the game like never before.
Distinct Team Arena Atmosphere

Best in class arena authenticity gets even better with the inclusion of authentic arena effects and props including team specific celebrations, mascots, chants, and even signature props like the Lighthouse at the Xcel Energy Center in Minnesota.
Story Driven Commentary

Doc Emrick, Eddie Olczyk, and Ray Ferraro are back and now call the game with even more emotion. Hear Doc’s voice rise and fall with the action on the ice and get analysis from Eddie & Ray on the peaks and valleys of a NHL season. An expanded NBC SPORTS broadcast package and new pre-game intros brings the drama to life in more ways than ever before.
Superstar Authenticity

Enhanced facial features and new equipment details synonymous with the league’s top players adds another layer of player authenticity. Use these new equipment elements to customize your own created character giving them a unique look, from custom stick tape, colored skate laces, tinted visors, and more.
Playoff Beards

One of the oldest and most iconic traditions in hockey has arrived. With accurate representations of beard patterns, length, thickness, and growth rates for individual players, the road to the Stanley Cup just got hairier.

LOL

Pretty Vivid
May 18th, 2015, 08:53 PM
Yea, I think I'm gonna sit this one out after that absolute joke they put out last year. They pitched that same exact "more player likeness" BS last year which ended up being a lie.

Dexter
May 19th, 2015, 10:00 AM
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-nhl/842745-nhl-16-article-breakdown-ea-gamechanger-who-played-game.html

1. “The New EASHL”
Key points in this description of the new EASHL are “Reimagined ... specialized player classes to deliver a balanced competitive experience ... player skill and ability to play as a team will now be the determining factor in who wins.”
So to confirm everyone’s questions, yes EASHL will be back in NHL 16 on next-gen. It is way different than anything EASHL has ever been in the past. Personally, I did not like it at first but after playing for a few hours and getting the hang of it, I can see it being a hit later on into the game. Specialized player classes mean that each player build (grinder, playmaker, sniper, etc.) has already been pre-built for you. No longer will you have an amateur 1 card working your way up to the legend 3. The grind for 350 games 200 wins is no longer going to be evident at the release of the game in September. EA Sports has designed the new EASHL so that new players that don’t pick up the gamemode at launch will be able to jump in and still be somewhat competitive. In the past, the “Christmas noobs” and guys that start the road to legend 3 late in the game would always get destroyed by other teams because they simply did not have the attributes to compete. The thing with the new EASHL is that if I pick sniper in September and master the build over 300 games, and I match up with a guy who is playing his first game in EASHL later on in April, statistically we will be matched if we have the same build. There was multiple testing and tweaking of the builds while we were there so that each build has its pros and cons. If you try to play 6v6 you will not find any success in running with three grinders like some have done in the past. The game has been made so that teamwork within your builds is crucial. You will need to have a sniper build if you want to get that wrist shot in the slot to go in 9/10 times, and you will need a playmaker to set that sniper up. Another important fact : each player build has the SAME speed, agility and acceleration so that speed is not a factor in who is the better player. Monthly playoffs are back in EASHL. It is still uncertain whether or not you will be able to choose your height/weight in EASHL. At the time when we played on April 30/ May 1, we were able to customize our height and weight but we were potentially looking at height and weight becoming a pre-set into the builds themselves.

4. Be a GM: Player Morale
I think this is going to be one of the most read sections of my article, simply because many people play GM on OS. So, essentially GM mode has been revamped. If you remember back in my January post, I talked about how excited I was. Because we were only there for two days, it was hard to play GM and Be a Pro enough to get a sense of how well these features were. On paper, they were exciting. Each player has a different personality and will react differently to different types of GM interaction. When you trade for a new player, or trade away a keyguy, some guys on your roster may be upset if you are trading their friends away. Similarly, they can be exciting for newcomers to the team. Also, when new players arrive to your team, they will not gel completely at first and will have to gain chemistry with your other teammates. So acquisitions at the trade deadline when you’re making your push for the cup might not play as well as they normally do on their previous teams. Each player can notify the GM, and the GM can say different things to that player. Furthermore, the GM can host “team meetings” where he has different ways to interact with the team. To give an example, you can host a meeting and say something along the lines have “have fun out there” or you could say something different like “If you don’t win you’re all getting sent to the AHL.” Both of the things I just wrote were made-up by me. I do not remember exactly any of the options that were there, but I remember seeing different options. My point is that some guys will increase morale if you’re easy on them and say go have fun while some will decrease if you’re not hard on them. In contrast, some will gain morale and get pumped if the GM is hard on them while some will not be motivated. So that’s something to think about. One last thing about GM is that every player in the league has his own unique “best friend”. So for example, Daniel and Henrik Sedin. These players may not be on the same team to begin with. By trading for a player’s best friend, that player will show increased morale and will play better with his friend. However, say you’re the GM of Vancouver and you trade Daniel away from Henrik, Henrik will lose a lot of morale points and he’ll let you know about it. Another thing that effects morale is captaincy. So once you manage Toronto and strip Phaneuf of his captaincy (I know I will LOL), he’ll lose morale points and whoever you make the new captain will gain morale.

EDITMAN2411
May 19th, 2015, 04:53 PM
Surprisingly really excited about the changes to EASHL. Not having to play through a ridiculous amount of games to get higher player cards? Yes please. Everyone has the same speed and acceleration? Yes please. The game will be determined by how well you play as a team? Yes please. Sign me up for that playmaking Centre spot ya'll!

LOSTcauseZERO
May 19th, 2015, 05:39 PM
Yeah. Definitely getting this. Way more in it this year.

mitchrock
May 19th, 2015, 06:34 PM
I love NHL15, but realize I just got a PS4 in December. Been on a Wi for about 10 years before without the NHL series.

LOSTcauseZERO
May 20th, 2015, 06:02 PM
I love NHL15, but realize I just got a PS4 in December. Been on a Wi for about 10 years before without the NHL series.

The difference between the graphics of the two are quite large.

Shaddy
May 20th, 2015, 09:48 PM
Still no NHL release on PC....
It's like they don't want to make a **** load of money. I guess EA won't ever be seeing my money anymore.

Dexter
May 21st, 2015, 03:45 AM
It's like they don't want to make a **** load of money. I guess EA won't ever be seeing my money anymore.

I'm pretty sure they dropped the PC versions as it wasn't making any money.

TooCool
May 21st, 2015, 09:28 AM

Hate to break it to you Shaddy and all the other "PC Master race" people. I know we all have our opinions when it comes to gaming but there is a reason why there are many games that aren't on PC. Console gaming > PC gaming. Sales speak volumes and I'm pretty sure console game sales always beat PC game sales by a margin of 3-1 or maybe even more.

Just look at the CoD community as an example real quick. I believe it was Black Ops 2, when it showed the amount of people online. The 360 easily had 200k+ online and the PC people barely broke 20k.

Ultimately, it does suck that it doesn't come out on PC if you really prefer to game there. But PS4/Xbox One is where it's at.

mitchrock
May 21st, 2015, 04:21 PM
The difference between the graphics of the two are quite large.

duh, also the fact that the NHL EA games are not on the Wii.

Palffy3314
May 23rd, 2015, 04:26 AM
Surprisingly really excited about the changes to EASHL. Not having to play through a ridiculous amount of games to get higher player cards? Yes please. Everyone has the same speed and acceleration? Yes please. The game will be determined by how well you play as a team? Yes please. Sign me up for that playmaking Centre spot ya'll!

I like what Dexter posted, but let's remember this is EA and they like pissing off their diehard players year after year. Who wants to bet that the infamous "curve shot" and the "tilted ice" will still be problems? They can talk about teamwork winning games all they want, but we have all played too many EASHL games to know that half of the games are rigged from the start. I will be absolutely shocked if my player doesn't feel sluggish within the first 5 games. Hope I'm wrong, but this is EA after all.

Shaddy
May 23rd, 2015, 11:48 AM
Hate to break it to you Shaddy and all the other "PC Master race" people. I know we all have our opinions when it comes to gaming but there is a reason why there are many games that aren't on PC. Console gaming > PC gaming. Sales speak volumes and I'm pretty sure console game sales always beat PC game sales by a margin of 3-1 or maybe even more.

Just look at the CoD community as an example real quick. I believe it was Black Ops 2, when it showed the amount of people online. The 360 easily had 200k+ online and the PC people barely broke 20k.

Ultimately, it does suck that it doesn't come out on PC if you really prefer to game there. But PS4/Xbox One is where it's at.

Not really. It's just exclusives on consoles that are only there to sell the units. Hence why MS doesn't want to bring Halo back to PC, if they did they know they would lose a crap ton of sales. Yeah maybe a few years ago, but in the past couple years PC market's global games revenues surpassed consoles and will most likely continue to do so.

COD was never as popular on PC especially since there are far better shooters available like CSGO and because of the low quality ports brought by Activision. COD World at War and COD4 are probably more populated than AW because of mods that keep them alive.

But I'm not here for the "PC master race!" junk, that crap is just dumb even to me now. Point is I don't want to have to buy a $400 console to then pay $65 for that ONE game(NHL) then pay another $45 a year to play online. If EA can bring FIFA back to PC with a great port, I don't see why they can't do it for NHL. But whatever I can wait if they decided to release it later on after it launches on consoles, I've got a crap ton of games in my library I still need to play lol.

Dexter
May 23rd, 2015, 03:18 PM
But I'm not here for the "PC master race!" junk, that crap is just dumb even to me now. Point is I don't want to have to buy a $400 console to then pay $65 for that ONE game(NHL) then pay another $45 a year to play online. If EA can bring FIFA back to PC with a great port, I don't see why they can't do it for NHL. But whatever I can wait if they decided to release it later on after it launches on consoles, I've got a crap ton of games in my library I still need to play lol.

Okay, Mr. PCmasterrace redditor ;)

Shaddy
May 23rd, 2015, 06:38 PM
Okay, Mr. PCmasterrace redditor ;)

:popo:I ain't gonna lie I only visit that sub for info on hardware and game reviews lol. The memes and snotty comments are annoying as heck.

cheap
May 23rd, 2015, 09:37 PM
My biggest reason for buying a PS4 was the NHL games, so I will be buying this game on release.

PSN is cheap77 if anyone wants to add me.

Boozehound
May 25th, 2015, 07:41 PM
It would be nice if we had our LD and rover back.... thanks Mel and Dex.

Dexter
May 25th, 2015, 10:05 PM
Jake, come be their star D!

EDITMAN2411
May 25th, 2015, 11:03 PM
PS4 Team looking for a goalie!

Dexter
May 26th, 2015, 06:29 PM
http://streamable.com/1gr5

Kubrick
June 14th, 2015, 02:02 PM
Official trailer is due out tomorrow.

https://instagram.com/p/363Lf-NgfW/

Dexter
June 15th, 2015, 02:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDumJG4RXt8

Kubrick
June 15th, 2015, 10:18 PM
Hmm, it kinda looks nicer than NHL 15. So there's that.

EDITMAN2411
June 16th, 2015, 05:57 AM
I just wish they'd make a separate EASHL game ... literally just so I don't have to sit through press releases or trailers for gameplay modes I will never EVER touch. Ultimate Team? GTFO.

Kubrick
June 16th, 2015, 11:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVxPkMG832Y

Let's hope this fix this for NHL 16.

It seems like the game is devolving into NHL '95.

EDITMAN2411
June 16th, 2015, 02:32 PM
Sigh ... you know what that video tells me in regards to EASHL?

It tells me that all the stuff EA touted about each player having the same speed and acceleration, and not having to work through all the player cards in order to boost your player, aren't really intentional "features" of the new EASHL, and really they just didnt have time to develop all those aspects of the game. So next year we'll be right back to having to play through 300 games to have a competent player. And all this business about "winning is about how you play as a team" will all have just been bullcrap. Sigh.

GoKings!
June 16th, 2015, 07:10 PM
I like the King's alternate jerseys in '15, it should be in '16 too.

LOSTcauseZERO
June 16th, 2015, 08:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDumJG4RXt8

I noticed more animations. That's about it though.

Dexter
June 16th, 2015, 08:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OACmpRFm8k0

Hehe

Kubrick
June 17th, 2015, 11:17 AM
I'm personally tired of constantly trashing EA's effort every year but they make it so damn easy.

I just refuse to buy the game new. I pre-ordered 13, picked up 14 used, haven't played 15 and have almost zero desire to play 16. The series is stale. Maybe the team needs new direction. Something has got to change. Certainly competition couldn't hurt.

EDITMAN2411
June 17th, 2015, 01:14 PM
I only buy for EASHL. Skipped last year cuz they didn't include it. Will pick it up again this year cuz my old teammates are itching to play again. EASHL is like crack.

Dexter
June 24th, 2015, 07:13 PM
https://media.easports.com/content/www-easports/en_US/nhl/news/2015/nhl-16-cover-reveal/_jcr_content/headerImages/image.img.jpg

OKaaayyy.

chaingunsofdoom
June 24th, 2015, 07:54 PM
Guaranteed different covers by EA for parts of Canada. Unless they cheapen out on the cost of paper. LOL.

Last year they printed out Monahan ones and gave them out on release day.

Dexter
June 24th, 2015, 11:43 PM
Honestly the cover is always the least important aspect of any game. I hate it when they make it a spectacle.

Mulletsave30
June 25th, 2015, 10:00 AM
I wonder if these upgrades will be offered for us pee-ons who still have the PS3 sans eye candy.

Dexter
June 25th, 2015, 10:13 AM
You'll get NHL Legacy instead of NHL 16. Which will probably still be better.

EDITMAN2411
June 25th, 2015, 12:43 PM
I can't believe I'm buying a PS4 just to play EASHL with my old team. I must be crazy. That cover alone, is reason enough, not to buy this pos. afjfdsjklfadsjkadsjlf;ajlkfdasjl;fadjl;fed

kinglakerfan
June 27th, 2015, 09:39 PM
I can't believe I'm buying a PS4 just to play EASHL with my old team. I must be crazy. That cover alone, is reason enough, not to buy this pos. afjfdsjklfadsjkadsjlf;ajlkfdasjl;fadjl;fed

Plenty more reasons to have a PS4! Get with the times!

Kingsfan626
June 29th, 2015, 09:20 AM
Honestly the cover is always the least important aspect of any game. I hate it when they make it a spectacle.

I'm all for it if the curse of EA covers continue.

Dexter
June 29th, 2015, 04:25 PM
https://scontent-lax1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/11357307_10153469107930996_8965089621885579723_o.j pg

notbob
June 29th, 2015, 04:57 PM
is that miley cyrus behind his left hand

Dexter
June 29th, 2015, 05:06 PM
Can't be. No tongue sticking out.

DRice
June 29th, 2015, 10:29 PM
Maybe NHL16 will be the first time single player game outcomes aren't determined before the puck is even dropped.

nosoupforyou
June 30th, 2015, 12:06 AM
Justin Bieber. why can't they have a PS4 bundle with NHL 15? and when is this thing launching? I don't want to buy one until the last damn minute lol.

Palffy3314
June 30th, 2015, 01:01 AM
Justin Bieber. why can't they have a PS4 bundle with NHL 15? and when is this thing launching? I don't want to buy one until the last damn minute lol.

September 15th

https://www.easports.com/nhl/buy/CA

EDITMAN2411
July 3rd, 2015, 02:13 AM
Plenty more reasons to have a PS4! Get with the times!

Oh you mother FASG'er!!!! Don't come around here teasing us with your presence..... unless it means .....oh man I need to visit HockeyBuzz to check for KLF returns to NHL '16 rumors!

EDITMAN2411
July 3rd, 2015, 02:14 AM
Seriously though...it's time for you to come out of retirement bruh.

KINGSFAN1
July 3rd, 2015, 03:16 PM
Before I pick up NHL 16 on my new ps4 I can't seem to figure out how to save rosters for NHL 15 on ps4. On my PS3 I never had this problem with my NHL 15 game. It's simple . For this it to complicated

Please help

TooCool
July 6th, 2015, 01:43 PM
2 months to go and one big telling sign on why NHL 16 is going to be terrible. They refuse to show gameplay video of the game. Over on Operation Sports, someone had a 2 minute clip but it quickly got taken down. The ones that got to see it said it was 100% like NHL15. So yeah.. that's crap.

Just like last year, when they were afraid to tell people there was no EASHL.. the backlash they got was insane. Now they're following in the same pattern by refusing to show gameplay footage. If it was good, you would show it off and get people hyped. If you keep quiet like this... then it's bad.

CardiacKid56
July 6th, 2015, 06:12 PM
2 months to go and one big telling sign on why NHL 16 is going to be terrible. They refuse to show gameplay video of the game. Over on Operation Sports, someone had a 2 minute clip but it quickly got taken down. The ones that got to see it said it was 100% like NHL15. So yeah.. that's crap.

Just like last year, when they were afraid to tell people there was no EASHL.. the backlash they got was insane. Now they're following in the same pattern by refusing to show gameplay footage. If it was good, you would show it off and get people hyped. If you keep quiet like this... then it's bad.

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme... They added that exciting 'flowing jersey' feature last year and now they are bringing another feature "back by popular demand". You expect them to deliver a perfect game every time?

Dexter
July 6th, 2015, 10:46 PM
Well, to be fair the actual gameplay of NHL 15 wasn't too bad. It just really needed to be tweaked.

Kubrick
July 6th, 2015, 10:59 PM
Well, to be fair the actual gameplay of NHL 15 wasn't too bad. It just really needed to be tweaked.

Haven't we been saying the same thing about the series since 2010?

Dexter
July 6th, 2015, 11:08 PM
haven't we been saying the same thing about the series since 2010?

*we will monitor feedback and intend to incorporate in next year's game, but unfortunately we cannot put it this year*

- ea

DRice
July 6th, 2015, 11:18 PM
The gameplay wasn't bad. I still think there is too much emphasis on momentum.

Kubrick
July 6th, 2015, 11:31 PM
*we will monitor feedback and intend to incorporate in next year's game, but unfortunately we cannot put it this year*

- ea

At the end of the day, the game still plays exactly the same no matter which team you're up against. It's fundamentally the same game 82 times a season. This is exactly what we were given back in the SNES day. Every team still plays exactly the same style. That's nothing like the real NHL. And here we are 20 years later and size still doesn't matter. Hell, Ice Hockey for the NES at least differentiated between small and fast, big and slow and you had a playing style/strategy because of it.

In the NHL series, the number one attribute that matters is skating speed, by far. A fast skater can still make a physical defender his bitch on a consistent basis. So why bother adding big physical players? There's no wearing down forwards with big hits. There's no putting the fear of god in a winger streaking down the ice along the boards. Think about how many times we've seen a fore-checker peel off or slow down and chip in the puck because Doughty or McNabb has got him in his crosshairs lined up for a big hit. It happens at least once a game and it gives the Kings a possession advantage. There's no "fear" in the NHL series. Every player drops down to block a Shea Weber slapshot with their face first. It doesn't matter. There are no consequences. So what if EA starting making those plays matter? What if there was a way to add "fear" for lack of a better word into the mind of the AI controlled player? Make a defenseman take an extra second behind his own net to look over his shoulder when Ovechkin has a beat on him. Now you've created a scenario where body checks matter. Where turnovers in key scoring areas are going to happen and it'll give the coach a reason to NOT play that rookie d-man with a low Poise rating. That kid is going to cough it up, just like in the real NHL.

I'm sure it's next to impossible to code this stuff but imagine if EA could pull it off? We'd have the most realistic NHL game ever.

Pretty Vivid
July 7th, 2015, 12:33 AM
Speaking of hitting, I'm a little desensitized to crushing forwards. It should be a relatively rare occasion when you absolutely blow someone up, but it happens every shift. Either EA really is trying to make it arcadey, or they have no idea how difficult actually throwing a big hit is.

kinglakerfan
July 7th, 2015, 06:01 AM
Oh you mother FASG'er!!!! Don't come around here teasing us with your presence..... unless it means .....oh man I need to visit HockeyBuzz to check for KLF returns to NHL '16 rumors!

Seriously though...it's time for you to come out of retirement bruh.

Hahahaha! I'll definitely have the game. I might not be able to be an active part of the team, but I'm in for games here and there. This ain't no rumor...it's an E5!!!!

Boozehound
July 8th, 2015, 03:56 PM
As long as Rammer is in charge, I have zero faith this series will be good.

Kubrick
July 8th, 2015, 10:19 PM
Some of this Be-A-GM stuff looks promising...

http://www.gameinformer.com/themes/blogs/generic/post.aspx?WeblogApp=playstation4&y=2015&m=06&d=15&WeblogPostName=60-things-we-know-about-nhl-16&GroupKeys=games/nhl_16/

Last year EA inexplicably automated the player entry draft, meaning all that time you spent scouting the eligible players was for naught. This year the draft is back.

Progress!

Dexter
July 14th, 2015, 11:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rqbrM82MvY

Palffy3314
July 15th, 2015, 12:26 AM
Also...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIDDH2bOW-M

Pretty Vivid
July 15th, 2015, 11:37 AM
Looks like the passing and shooting animations are still crap.

Dexter
July 22nd, 2015, 10:56 AM
https://www.easports.com/nhl/eashl/beta

Dexter
July 24th, 2015, 07:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASIzwF2rv0I&

Mulletsave30
July 27th, 2015, 10:23 AM
Some of this Be-A-GM stuff looks promising...

http://www.gameinformer.com/themes/blogs/generic/post.aspx?WeblogApp=playstation4&y=2015&m=06&d=15&WeblogPostName=60-things-we-know-about-nhl-16&GroupKeys=games/nhl_16/

Progress!

Would also be kind of cool to see how your prospects are doing on their junior/international teams as they progress. All I see nowadays is that their overall goes up a bit when starting a new year....on '14 anyway.

Dexter
July 29th, 2015, 01:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq6hKd3vFZw

I wonder how many of those guys are masters of the curve shot.

Cross Traffic
July 29th, 2015, 02:56 PM
Well they sure dress like cheesers. :P

Dexter
July 29th, 2015, 05:33 PM
http://www.twitch.tv/easportsnhl/v/8984607

Here's their beta stream from earlier.

Boozehound
July 30th, 2015, 09:15 PM
Me and Dousk just won our first game 8-5. I had 1g and 5a. Dousk 2g 2a. It's fun to have eashl back.

TooCool
July 31st, 2015, 02:06 AM
Me and Dousk just won our first game 8-5. I had 1g and 5a. Dousk 2g 2a. It's fun to have eashl back.

You guys bought NHL 15?

Boozehound
July 31st, 2015, 03:35 AM

You guys bought NHL 15?
Ea access.
Here's a video of the first goal.

http://xboxclips.com/LAKUnderling/3e40ae46-85dc-4403-bd43-89ef7f0a5dd7/embed

cheap
August 5th, 2015, 03:32 PM
So I like EASHL, but only parts. Finding a game is really hard when you don't have an established team. Took me about a hour the other day to find a game by switching clubs and waiting. Goalie is very hard to control, but also fun! Some people don't like to play their positions, but I assume it would be way better playing with people you know.

I like the classes aspect, but I don't like how there is really no goal to reach other than stats. Might get boring after a bit.

Having said all that, I am having a blast playing the games I have so far. I even scored an OT goal, and won my one and only game as goalie because my team tied the game with .8 seconds left after I pulled myself and they scored in OT. I pre-ordered the game!

Add me on PS4 if anyone wants to play.

cheap77

Ice24
August 5th, 2015, 03:48 PM
I will stick to playing "Blades of Steel"

EDITMAN2411
August 6th, 2015, 04:10 AM
So I like EASHL, but only parts. Finding a game is really hard when you don't have an established team. Took me about a hour the other day to find a game by switching clubs and waiting. Goalie is very hard to control, but also fun! Some people don't like to play their positions, but I assume it would be way better playing with people you know.

I like the classes aspect, but I don't like how there is really no goal to reach other than stats. Might get boring after a bit.

Having said all that, I am having a blast playing the games I have so far. I even scored an OT goal, and won my one and only game as goalie because my team tied the game with .8 seconds left after I pulled myself and they scored in OT. I pre-ordered the game!

Add me on PS4 if anyone wants to play.

cheap77

Would you be interested in being goalie for our PS4 club? We are positionally sound and we like to play as close to "real" hockey as we can ...defensively sound... cycling the puck down low...etc ...would really love to find someone who enjoys playing goalie.

cheap
August 6th, 2015, 09:15 AM
Would you be interested in being goalie for our PS4 club? We are positionally sound and we like to play as close to "real" hockey as we can ...defensively sound... cycling the puck down low...etc ...would really love to find someone who enjoys playing goalie.

I like goalie, but I've only played it once. I was absolutely terrible at controlling it. I prefer playing a forward position, but I would be interested in joining if you guys play for more for fun than anything!

Dexter
August 13th, 2015, 06:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeA--T1WAK4

EDITMAN2411
August 27th, 2015, 11:57 PM
Alright bitches ... Im ready for this game to drop. EASHL! https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNeDdqTU8AAjYy8.jpg:large

Cross Traffic
August 28th, 2015, 05:48 PM
Goalie ratings released Price is 94, Hank and Quick are at 93, Pea Soup of the Ducks is a 89 (guess that clutch number drove it down quite a bit). https://www.easports.com/nhl/news/2015/nhl-16-player-ratings-top-10-goalies?utm_campaign=nhl16-social-global-ic-fb-player-ratings-goalies-fb-082815-text-site-ramp&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&sourceid=nhl16-social-global-ic-fb-player-ratings-goalies-fb-082815-text-site-ramp&cid=42674&ts=1440791386415&sf40597695=1 Do like Youppi! in the background of Price.

EDITMAN2411
August 30th, 2015, 02:54 AM
Waaaaaiiit wait wait wait wait wait ..... I have to PAY for online play on the PS4?

TooCool
August 30th, 2015, 03:55 AM
Waaaaaiiit wait wait wait wait wait ..... I have to PAY for online play on the PS4?

You're really "behind the times" aren't ya? =P

So yeah, you have to pay to play online for PS4 now. $50 bucks a year, still $10 bucks less than Xbox Live. If I see a deal, I'll post it here for you. My subscription is running out in October. If you never paid for online for PS3, I'm pretty sure you can use your 1 month free trial. However, they make you put in your credit info and all that crap so make sure after you do that.. you go to the settings to turn off "auto renewal". That's where they get ya, by charging full price. So keep auto renewal off and keep your eyes peeled on Ebay and Amazon, occasionally you'll see a deal for PS+ for 40 bucks. That way, you can put in the code yourself for a full year and pay less.

That's what I did on the 360 back then. Never paid $60 for the full year. There were always deals for $25-$30 bucks on Ebay.

And I might as well tell you this if you get PS+. The "free" games that you download (or add to cart) every month are yours to keep and play, so long as you have an active subscription. If that subscription ends, then you can't play any of those games either.

Dexter
August 30th, 2015, 01:21 PM
You have to pay to play with the :melf:

cheap
September 9th, 2015, 02:48 PM
I preordered at gamestop in July. Well yesterday, I found out that with my rewards and coupons at Meijer, I can get NHL 16 on release for around $10-15. So I canceled the order at GS, and now I can't wait for the game to come out!

Boozehound
September 9th, 2015, 07:34 PM
Game is downloaded and I'm ready to start playing tomorrow.

TooCool
September 9th, 2015, 08:43 PM
Game is downloaded and I'm ready to start playing tomorrow.

Awesome. Keep us up to date on how it is. I don't have it pre-ordered and I'm going to wait for reviews and see what the general consensus is from hockey fans. I'm personally not convinced this isn't 100% cut and paste from NHL15 since they refused to show any gameplay footage. Feels like all they've added are playoff beards and mascots along with modes that shouldn't have been taken out of from the beginning anyway. Itching for some video game hockey though. But at the same time, I missed it last year and I don't really mind if I miss it again this year.

Dexter
September 9th, 2015, 10:00 PM
https://www.easports.com/nhl/news/2015/nhl-16-update

KEY ADDITIONS INCLUDE:

EASHL Drop-In
EASHL Player Badges
Shootout Mode
Team Practices
United Center - the home arena of the Chicago Blackhawks
NHL 3-on-3 OT rule change

LOSTcauseZERO
September 9th, 2015, 10:33 PM
United Center in the game finally. I wonder why United is just now letting EA use the name?

GoKings!
September 10th, 2015, 05:56 AM
Yeah, I like the black and purple alternate Kings jerseys in '15, the stadium series jersey is cool too.

Boozehound
September 10th, 2015, 03:33 PM
Ok. Played a couple be a pro games. This is what NHL15 should have been. It's a good fun game. So essentially, NHL16 is the year progression from NHL14 we were expecting last year. All in all it's solid.

Based on the eashl demo and a couple games...I'd give it a 8.75/10.

Dexter
September 12th, 2015, 07:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IvF3x2zqzU

So that's still there.

Kingsfan626
September 14th, 2015, 12:23 PM
Ok. Played a couple be a pro games. This is what NHL15 should have been. It's a good fun game. So essentially, NHL16 is the year progression from NHL14 we were expecting last year. All in all it's solid.

Based on the eashl demo and a couple games...I'd give it a 8.75/10.

I see EA game updates like iphone updates. they should have just called this year's game NHL 15s

CardiacKid56
September 15th, 2015, 03:46 AM
All right, lets do this thing.
- I can play any position.
- Usually a playmaker/passer

PSN: CardiacKid67

Cross Traffic
September 15th, 2015, 11:53 AM
Just finished the first game (CHI/TB), won 3-2 with all 3 of my goals being of the cross ice one timer, Tampa actually outshot me 33-22.

I had to take a pic of this when I was checking the rosters, Bissonnette has 4 stars for skating, on what planet?

https://fbcdn-photos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t31.0-0/p403x403/12017480_10206720859254038_5879504232543433002_o.j pg

cheap
September 15th, 2015, 11:59 AM
Went to the store and got it. With all the discounts and rewards I had, I paid $19.01 total.

TooCool
September 15th, 2015, 06:21 PM
Reviews

Operation Sports - 7.5/10
http://www.operationsports.com/reviews/806/nhl-16/

IGN - 7.8/10
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/15/nhl-16-review

Game Informer - 7.5/10
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/nhl_16/b/playstation4/archive/2015/09/15/nhl-16-review.aspx

GameTrailers - 9/10
http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/l2uqr2/nhl-16-review

All the reviews pretty much summed up what Boozehound said. It's what NHL15 should have been. Looks like I'll have to get my hockey video game fix this year after all.

But I'll buy it when it goes on sale in a few weeks. For everyone who has the game now, enjoy!

Cross Traffic
September 15th, 2015, 09:46 PM
More observations:

I'm liking the new EASHL without the addons, although I seem to play with brain dead idiots that don't know how to position.

First HUT game online I get matched up with a team full of NHL'ers, somehow I kept it 3-0 with my team whose best player is Nick Shore.

Dexter
September 15th, 2015, 10:43 PM
I won a game in drop in and even scored despite massive lag. Melf Banh is legend.

Kingsfan626
September 16th, 2015, 09:33 AM
More observations:

I'm liking the new EASHL without the addons, although I seem to play with brain dead idiots that don't know how to position.

First HUT game online I get matched up with a team full of NHL'ers, somehow I kept it 3-0 with my team whose best player is Nick Shore.

My first HUT game had a bunch of scrubs on the guys team but he was able to deke from one end to the other the whole game and ran up the score 8-1 by the second period. I seriously hate EA and their damn glitches. Second game I was able to win with my best player being Andreoff.

mark1178
September 16th, 2015, 05:29 PM
Hey folks, I'm on PS4, Mark-1178 looking for EASHL guys to play with. I'll play any position except goalie unless you want to play the comeback game from 15 goals.

Big Red
September 17th, 2015, 05:52 PM
I bought NHL 15 when it came out and I think I played it 5 times. Debating if I should get this and dust off the ol' PS$

LOSTcauseZERO
September 17th, 2015, 06:49 PM
Goalie positional indicator doesn't even work. What a crock of ****.

Dexter
September 18th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Hey, same old Stanley Cup celebration, but this time with beards!

mark1178
September 18th, 2015, 08:02 PM
A far I love EASHL, mostly for the fact that they don't let you edit your player to be 9 feet tall and 400 pounds, keeping it at a level playing field. What I don't like is that you can't have different jersey numbers for each of the positions you play.

Dexter
September 18th, 2015, 10:59 PM
I've missed the stupid names with the black dudes with blonde facial hair. Glad that's back!

Cross Traffic
September 19th, 2015, 08:33 AM
Puck hogs that don't know how to pass, human goalies without a clue, 100 players named Stoner, etc.

LOSTcauseZERO
September 19th, 2015, 11:27 AM
human goalies without a clue

Because there is no positional indicator for them.

Dexter
September 19th, 2015, 02:04 PM
I took a tripping penalty, somehow got a PP. Neat.

CardiacKid56
September 19th, 2015, 05:11 PM
I am assuming someone in this thread created the team "LetsGoKingsdotcom" on the PS4?

Dexter
September 19th, 2015, 07:01 PM
I am assuming someone in this thread created the team "LetsGoKingsdotcom" on the PS4?

Yeah it's mine, I don't know how to invite people though.

TooCool
September 19th, 2015, 09:14 PM

I read that you can't invite, people need to search for it to join or something to that effect.

Dexter
September 19th, 2015, 09:36 PM
I read that you can't invite, people need to search for it to join or something to that effect.

Well that's dumb/not surprising from EA

mark1178
September 19th, 2015, 11:47 PM
I found yoouuuuuuuu

CardiacKid56
September 20th, 2015, 02:09 AM

kk I'll send a join request - CardiacKid67

LOSTcauseZERO
September 20th, 2015, 02:08 PM

Yeah. That's what I did. When are you joining Team Melf, Melf?

TooCool
September 20th, 2015, 03:18 PM
Yeah. That's what I did. When are you joining Team Melf, Melf?

When the game goes on sale in a few weeks I suppose.

Mateo
September 21st, 2015, 12:01 PM
I'm REALLY digging the Be A Pro mode. Had to restart it several times because I discovered the level of customization is great. I'm finally a bald white guy with blue eyes and a goatee and not a European player with a wacky hairstyle.

I also rock the JOFA helmet just because.

Cross Traffic
September 21st, 2015, 10:48 PM
2 GB update for PS4 when I logged on today, various improvements on EASHL regarding lag. Maybe I can hold on to the puck without being spam poked.

CardiacKid56
September 21st, 2015, 10:55 PM
2 GB update for PS4 when I logged on today, various improvements on EASHL regarding lag. Maybe I can hold on to the puck without being spam poked.

Updating now too.

LOSTcauseZERO
September 21st, 2015, 11:31 PM

But is there an actual position indicator for goalies now?

EDITMAN2411
September 22nd, 2015, 01:37 PM
Well ... there was a time where I'd be extremely disappointed and angry at this game. But now I just don't care like I used to. Having said that - 2 player EASHL games are pretty useless. I imagine 3v3 would be "ok" but really you need at least 4v4 to have any fun with this game. I'll wait to pass judgement till my team gets a bit bigger but right now the experience is kinda underwhelming.

Also the new glitch goal is for a player to skate slowly to the outside of the cpu defender...slightly dekeing a bit the whole time so he doesn't pressure ...eventually just skating right by the defender (on the OUTSIDE) and then going short side on the goalie. Maybe this ins't a new glitch but it's been over a year since I played so I can't remember. But yea ...short side glitch is pretty automatic.

One last note. The skating is too slow. I want the game to be a little bit "quicker" ...but IDK ...maybe it'll be more fun with more people. Waiting for my team to flesh out.

makemelaugh
September 28th, 2015, 11:35 AM
I didn't realize until today that 16 wasn't available for Xbox 360 (I know it's an antique, but it's what we inherited from our daughter when she moved out). I could swear that I saw it on Amazon for 360 when it was first released. I figured I'd wait for the first price drop to pull the trigger, but when I checked back today it's not to be found anywhere. A generic search showed me it wasn't made for 360, and now I seriously think I'm going crazy. I saw it! I even checked with my daughter to verify that I needed 360 and not Xbox One when I was looking at the prices. God help me, I'm cruising towards certifiable. Also, my husband is now going to want a new console. I'll try to hold him off until the Black Friday deals, but it won't be easy.

TooCool
September 28th, 2015, 11:47 AM
I didn't realize until today that 16 wasn't available for Xbox 360 (I know it's an antique, but it's what we inherited from our daughter when she moved out). I could swear that I saw it on Amazon for 360 when it was first released. I figured I'd wait for the first price drop to pull the trigger, but when I checked back today it's not to be found anywhere. A generic search showed me it wasn't made for 360, and now I seriously think I'm going crazy. I saw it! I even checked with my daughter to verify that I needed 360 and not Xbox One when I was looking at the prices. God help me, I'm cruising towards certifiable. Also, my husband is now going to want a new console. I'll try to hold him off until the Black Friday deals, but it won't be easy.

I believe you're looking for this.

http://www.amazon.com/EA-Sports-NHL-Legacy-Xbox-360/dp/B00XUZBCEK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443462232

NHL Legacy Edition

Be warned though that this is 100% exactly like NHL 14 and NHL 15. They're just charging you a full $60 for a ROSTER UPDATE. I'm not kidding here. If you don't have NHL 14 or 15, buy that one instead for way cheaper. This is of course, if you really want to get it on the Xbox 360.

makemelaugh
September 28th, 2015, 11:56 AM
I believe you're looking for this.

http://www.amazon.com/EA-Sports-NHL-Legacy-Xbox-360/dp/B00XUZBCEK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443462232

NHL Legacy Edition

Be warned though that this is 100% exactly like NHL 14 and NHL 15. They're just charging you a full $60 for a ROSTER UPDATE. I'm not kidding here. If you don't have NHL 14 or 15, buy that one instead for way cheaper. This is of course, if you really want to get it on the Xbox 360.

Thanks, TC! We have 15 and I was going to sell it back to Amazon, but with this info in hand I'll keep it until we decide on a new console.

Cross Traffic
September 28th, 2015, 11:34 PM
Looks like EA has run a tuner update that causes lots of tripping penalties if you spam poke check....first game in HUT with the new rules ends up with me down 5 on 3 twice yet I still won in the shootout 1-0. Should help with the constant poke checkers and stick lifters.

GoKings!
September 29th, 2015, 07:50 PM
Nice.

Cross Traffic
October 1st, 2015, 12:59 AM
The newest tuner set is rubbish. I feel like I play stick lifter and poke check spammers every game. Plus facing Dangles McDanielson has made this game unfun unless I like playing the cpu.

Fisch
October 1st, 2015, 01:28 PM
did they include all the game features for next gen in this one? I recall they left out a lot in '15 as it was the first next gen version.

TooCool
October 1st, 2015, 03:52 PM
did they include all the game features for next gen in this one? I recall they left out a lot in '15 as it was the first next gen version.

Everything is more or less back. Just a few tweaks like how you don't level up your EASHL guy anymore. The general consensus is that this game is pretty much NHL 15 Version 2. Or what NHL15 should have been from the start.

Fisch
October 1st, 2015, 07:36 PM
Everything is more or less back. Just a few tweaks like how you don't level up your EASHL guy anymore. The general consensus is that this game is pretty much NHL 15 Version 2. Or what NHL15 should have been from the start.

lol, isn't that how every version is?

TooCool
October 1st, 2015, 10:06 PM
lol, isn't that how every version is?

Yeah, that's true. :lol: But what they did last year was absolutely unacceptable. It was worse than just a glorified roster update... that's for sure.

Mateo
October 7th, 2015, 01:32 PM
If it's in the game, IT'S IN THE FREAKIN' GAME!!!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/Heymateo/PAINT_zpshaaetqs0.jpg (http://s5.photobucket.com/user/Heymateo/media/PAINT_zpshaaetqs0.jpg.html)

TooCool
October 7th, 2015, 02:03 PM
They put The Ultimate Mateo in the game? Damn. You hit it big!

LOSTcauseZERO
October 7th, 2015, 05:18 PM
They put The Ultimate Mateo in the game? Damn. You hit it big!

Why are you wearing a Blues' jersey in that pic?

TooCool
October 10th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Why are you wearing a Blues' jersey in that pic?

:lol: It's my stealth mode jersey so I can see Mateo up close.

cheap
November 2nd, 2015, 02:02 PM
Anyone have an EASHL team I could join?

Dexter
November 3rd, 2015, 09:41 PM
Search letsgokings on ps4

Kubrick
November 15th, 2015, 08:42 PM
So I'm looking into finally picking up a PS4 for Xmas. Is NHL 16 worth a purchase? I haven't owned a NHL game since NHL 14 for PS3.

TooCool
November 16th, 2015, 10:06 AM
So I'm looking into finally picking up a PS4 for Xmas. Is NHL 16 worth a purchase? I haven't owned a NHL game since NHL 14 for PS3.

My last NHL game was NHL 14 on the 360 as well and skipped out on NHL 15 because of what they did. Honestly... this game is pretty average. If you've played the previous ones, it's more or less the same thing. The menus are extremely slow (their EA Servers are terrible). There are times where I have to hit the X button a few times on each screen just to get to the next one.

The game play itself is fine I guess. It's really no different than the last 5+ years. The AI is a teeny bit smarter. It's still a cheesefest online but at least those shots don't really go in any more. When I'm playing EASHL, I don't need to worry about giving up that curve shot because the goalie can counter it. Breakaways are still almost automatic so as long as you prevent that, you should be good.

The game is still bogus in many ways where they punish you for playing good hockey. Legit grade A scoring chances, the computer goalie will stop with ease. Crappy backhanders from the blueline will find a way to the back of the net. Meh, I dunno. So yeah.. I don't hate it, but after all these years it's still the same old ****. I was perfectly fine without hockey for NHL 15 and had I skipped NHL 16, I would have been fine with it too.

It's up to you when you get your PS4. If you want your hockey fix, you can't go wrong with this game because you already know how it plays. But if you can go another year without it, then I would personally suggest you do that because there are so many more better games to choose from.