PDA

View Full Version : 2 EA Sports Games for 70 bucks at Toys "R" Us

TooCool
October 5th, 2015, 02:35 AM
http://dealnews.com/2-Games-for-PS4-Xbox-One-PS3-Xbox-360-for-70-free-shipping/1467175.html

Toys"R"Us offers two select games for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, or Xbox 360 for $119.98. (You can mix and match.) In-cart, it drops to $69.98. With free shipping, that's a savings of at least $30. Choose from titles such as Madden 16, FIFA 16, NHL 16, and NBA Live 16.

Such a shame that it's the following 5 EA Sports games only...

NHL 16
NBA Live 16
FIFA 16
Madden 16
EA Sports Rory Mcllroy PGA Tour

I would totally jump on this for NHL 16. The only problem is, I don't want NBA Live 16 (NBA2K16 is way better). And there is no chance in hell I want Madden 16, FIFA 16, or EA Sports Rory Mcllroy PGA Tour.

Looks like I'll wait for the next sale. But for those who like Soccer or Football along with Hockey.. go for it!

Kingsfan626
October 5th, 2015, 11:23 AM
You could take that extra game to Gamestop trade it in and get yourself a PSN/XB gift card for more HUT pack lol.

Dexter
October 5th, 2015, 11:44 AM
Yeah, just trade It in.

Ice24
October 5th, 2015, 11:54 AM
Purchase two give one to a buddy for $35.00

TooCool
October 5th, 2015, 12:48 PM
Yeah, just trade It in.

Hmm.. Best Buy and Gamestop both offers 30 bucks for trade in (FIFA 16). I wonder if they'll take unopened games? Then again, I could always go through the hassle of selling it on Ebay. Hopefully I can fetch 45+ brand new.

Dexter
October 5th, 2015, 01:15 PM
Hmm.. Best Buy and Gamestop both offers 30 bucks for trade in (FIFA 16). I wonder if they'll take unopened games? Then again, I could always go through the hassle of selling it on Ebay. Hopefully I can fetch 45+ brand new.

Return it unopened at Walmart.

makemelaugh
October 7th, 2015, 03:08 PM
Return it unopened at Walmart.

I would say this is just wrong, but Walmart is straight from the devil so it really wouldn't bother me.

TooCool
October 8th, 2015, 10:13 AM
I bought NHL 16 and Madden 16. Wanted to get FIFA because it was newer...

Ideally, I would have gotten both and picked free store pickup. But of course NHL 16 had nothing in stock in any of the stores near me within a 25 mile radius. Then I couldn't pick FIFA because they were out of stock for online orders. -_- So yeah, I just picked Madden and NHL.

I don't have it in me to just bring Madden to Walmart without a receipt and pretend I bought it from them. Thankfully, Gamestop's trade in for Madden and FIFA are both at 30 bucks... so that works. On Ebay and Amazon, it's selling for around 45-50 bucks (free shipping too). So if I were to provide that, it's no different than just trading it in at Gamestop. Maybe they'll give me more somehow for it being unopened if I explain to them how I got it and my reasoning for trading it in unopened. I won't hold my breath though. Either way, I can put that 30 bucks towards WWE2K16 or Black Ops 3. Win-win.

Side note: when I picked free shipping from Toys R Us. It said I'll get it within 6-9 days. However, on the e-mail it said they processed the order from Thousand Oaks on 10/6/15. So we'll see how long it sits there unmoved. They tend to do that rather than just get the package out sooner since I picked the 6-9 days free shipping.

TooCool
October 13th, 2015, 04:51 PM
Here's an update for anyone that was remotely curious.

So Madden 16 is worth around 45-50 on Ebay and Amazon and this is with free shipping. I haven't shipped anything as of late but I would have to assume that if I offered free shipping, it would have to be at least 5 bucks right? I almost traded in the game to Gamestop for 30 bucks credit.. then I finally thought of something so simple. "Wait, I could just return this to Toys R Us." So I returned it in store with the receipt in hand and they gave me $40.39 back. Now I don't have to worry about trying to sell it and ship it and all that and now I'm happy to know I got NHL 16 for 35 bucks. Sweet.

Truth be told, I feel that NHL 16 is pretty "meh" so I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it.

Cross Traffic
October 15th, 2015, 03:45 PM
Shipping on a next gen game would be about 4-5 oz, which is 2.30 or so on ebay, plus the cost of an envelope.