PDA

View Full Version : NFL team to L.A.?

GoKings!
November 11th, 2015, 02:38 AM
So is the NFL moving a team to L.A.? Why does a team want to come to L.A? What about Montana? They don't have an NFL team. I guess if a team comes to L.A. The Chargers would be cool. Does anyone know why the teams want to move? And what about the 49ers? Do they want to move to?

Henry1515
November 11th, 2015, 04:45 AM
If there was a team in Montana, nearly everyone in the state would have to go to the game to fill the arena...

VCRW
November 11th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Bring the Blue and Gold back home!

Ecktore
November 11th, 2015, 10:37 AM
The 49ers just built a brand new stadium with ****ty turf. So, they're not moving. The Chargers are coming back and possibly the Rams and Raiders. Why? Because they want a new stadium and their current city won't help pay for it.

VCRW
November 11th, 2015, 10:55 AM
The 49ers just built a brand new stadium with ****ty turf. So, they're not moving. The Chargers are coming back and possibly the Rams and Raiders. Why? Because they want a new stadium and their current city won't help pay for it.

According to what I have read, the Rams would independently finance a new stadium.

The other two teams are just free-loaders. No thanks to the Chargers or the Raiders.

Ecktore
November 11th, 2015, 01:49 PM
According to what I have read, the Rams would independently finance a new stadium.

The other two teams are just free-loaders. No thanks to the Chargers or the Raiders.

I'm not a Rams fan, go Niners!, but I'm looking forward to them coming back to L.A.

The Raiders can stay in Oakland.

VCRW
November 11th, 2015, 01:58 PM
I'm not a Rams fan, go Niners!, but I'm looking forward to them coming back to L.A.

The Raiders can stay in Oakland.

I just watched a news story about independent financing for a stadium to be used by the Raiders or Chargers (or both). Although I dislike the Raiders intensely, that would be far more palatable if that scenario should come to pass.

But my roots go a long way back to the Rams. That would be the best possible outcome in my local sports world.

nm156
November 11th, 2015, 06:46 PM
Well the Rams have some fixing to do on their stadium first before they show up here. The FAA won't approve of the current configuration due to possible interference with LAX's radar.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nfl-ingelwood-stadium-20151111-story.html

Kingsfan626
November 11th, 2015, 07:51 PM
I would love to see 2 teams come to LA but I'm not interested in seeing 2 teams in 1 location because it'll be rivalry light. It's like trying to watch a Lakers/Clippers game. No one feels like they have home field/court advantage. Now look at a Kings/Ducks game home/away you root a little harder because you're in someone else's house.

jccawdrey
November 12th, 2015, 05:35 PM
If the Raiders come back, wait until you see the Prop 47 fan base swell. Oh hell no

job
November 12th, 2015, 05:53 PM

I'm not a Rams fan, go Niners!, but I'm looking forward to nobody coming back to L.A.

ucsdguy1
January 12th, 2017, 12:58 PM
As a San Diego Chargers fan living in LA, I so, so am not down with this move.

CIrvine
January 12th, 2017, 01:08 PM
Stub Hub Center? Really?

LetTigerIn
January 12th, 2017, 03:40 PM
Chargers have over 50,000 season seat holders in San Diego. StubHub Center capacity is 27,000. Hmmm…

ucsdguy1
January 12th, 2017, 04:06 PM
Chargers have over 50,000 season seat holders in San Diego. StubHub Center capacity is 27,000. Hmmm…
I'd say about 6.4% of those fans may actually renew.