PDA

View Full Version : XBox set to have XBox, PS4 and PC play together

rinkrat
March 15th, 2016, 09:06 AM
http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/14/11222370/microsoft-xbox-cross-network-play-pc-ps4-gaming

TooCool
March 15th, 2016, 09:26 AM
Great news if they can make it happen but I just want to say that the articles are misleading and it's spreading misinformation. Keep in mind that its Sony that had always been open to cross play. It was Microsoft that never allowed it.

The original article I read yesterday talked about Rocket League because when the PS4 got it, they were able to cross play with PC immediately. When the Xbox One finally got Rocket League, people with Xbox were only able to play with Xbox players and not PC and PS4. If the companies are open to make it happen, then that's great. However, we're just talking Rocket League here but a lot of gamers are automatically assuming this will apply for every single game as long as Sony "agrees". Sony never disagreed in the first place, so it's a matter of them working with the developers to make it happen.

Now Microsoft is slowly integrating itself to PC which is another issue in itself because people are complaining about having to pay for Xbox Live, yet PC gamers play online for free. E3 will definitely be interesting this year.

Bottom line is... it would be nice to cross play. That's what gaming should be all about anyway. Exclusives are one thing, but multi-platform games should always have cross play. Hell, it'll make the games last longer with a bigger community instead of it being split apart. One great example would be that I could play NHL 17 with the 360 crew without having to buy an Xbox One. We'll see where this goes, but I wouldn't hold by breath on it.

TooCool
March 16th, 2016, 09:54 AM
I was just thinking more on this situation...

Even if they were able to make the whole cross play work with matchmaking and whatnot... I don't see how they could make PSN and Xbox Live party chat and messaging work as one. So we might be able to play with/against each other but there might be no way to communicate other than Game chat perhaps? Either way, it's looking more and more like a pipe dream.

rinkrat
March 16th, 2016, 10:12 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/10lDMm3ABSRAo8/giphy-downsized-large.gif

nosoupforyou
March 16th, 2016, 11:01 AM
in fps games, pc mouse control has to have such a huge advantage though...

TooCool
March 16th, 2016, 11:06 AM
in fps games, pc mouse control has to have such a huge advantage though...

I forgot which article I read but the plan for Rocket League for Xbox One and PC is that the Xbox players and choose an option to only play with Xbox players.

You're right though. Console shooters are at a huge disadvantage when it comes to aiming. So if this were to ever happen, especially for First Person Shooters... they really should have an option to not match up with PC Players or else it'll be stupid.

Dexter
March 16th, 2016, 12:09 PM
Or they could just require the PC gamers to play with the xbox controllers.

nosoupforyou
March 17th, 2016, 10:10 PM
Or they could just require the PC gamers to play with the xbox controllers.

that would just suck lol lowest common denominator blows!