PDA

View Full Version : Upper Deck E-Pack Application

WildWill
March 31st, 2016, 11:55 AM
Hey guys, Upper Deck just released a new "app" online and for Google Play phones where you actually collect hockey cards and now can digitally trade. AND some of them are physical cards. I've only collecting the Kings obviously, I have a whole team set and a "foil" team set, plus a bunch of inserts. Check it out, and trade with me, my user name is GRENDELSON.

(FYI I don't get any spiff or compensation for posting, I just through some of y'all might be interested).

Google it, I'm not going to link

santiclaws
March 31st, 2016, 12:33 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yUQbKGS0MPs/UgbvtzeSR7I/AAAAAAAAYT4/UCrm6YxTdXI/s1600/revenge+of+the+nerds.png

rinkrat
March 31st, 2016, 12:34 PM
I am compulsive so I usually love this kind of stuff. Gonna check it out. :)

Birdman
March 31st, 2016, 12:49 PM
**** no!

Moog
March 31st, 2016, 01:05 PM
"digital" cards?!? lol

KingsFan12
March 31st, 2016, 01:09 PM
Thanks for sharing!

Kingsfan626
March 31st, 2016, 01:33 PM
This can be pretty interesting since you get a free 3 card pack if you sign in daily. It looks like it's only online right now as their website states that the Google App is coming soon? Wonder if they will have this on iOS or Windows Phone.

santiclaws
March 31st, 2016, 01:40 PM
Prediction: sticking your iPhone in the spokes of your bike's wheel is going to suck.

WildWill
March 31st, 2016, 01:56 PM
They just added trading last week, and I managed to complete both a regular set and a foil set of all the Kings, plus 2 of the 4 jerseys, the 2 portraits and 1 of the clear cuts. Yes the base are digital, but the inserts are all actual cards you can have shipped to you

Moog
March 31st, 2016, 01:56 PM
Yea, I dunno.

beedee
March 31st, 2016, 04:08 PM
So who is going to be the first one to toss a Ducks "card" into the urinal?

TooCool
March 31st, 2016, 04:16 PM
Those sports games where people pay extra money to buy fake cards are making their ways to cell phones now huh? Yikes.

Cup4TheKings
March 31st, 2016, 04:57 PM
Prediction: sticking your iPhone in the spokes of your bike's wheel is going to suck.

zing!

btw this makes sense, right? card companies have been losing money for years, they needed to go digital to maintain any sense of relevance.
i bought upper deck the first year they came out for nhl, which i believe was around 1991. having an entire set back then was something big.
i spent all of my money on upper deck packs. the packs were foil so you couldn't 'search' through them without buying first.
i'd like to believe that my set is still somewhere at my mom's house but realistically she probably tossed them out in one of the last 20 spring cleanings she did

Moog
March 31st, 2016, 05:04 PM
So who is going to be the first one to toss a Ducks "card" into the urinal?

Now I'll understand why a burner phone is lying in the urinal.

nocturn
April 1st, 2016, 07:43 AM
Needs:
http://liberaldead.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/gum.jpg
or GTFO!

WildWill
April 1st, 2016, 04:59 PM
Geeze, old timers...cards haven't come with gum since the 90's. They ruined the cards. And the only brand that ever DID have gum was Topps.

I guess you guys missed it where I said that the good cards are all actual physical cards you can have shipped to you. THe same cards you buy in a real pack of cards. AND there are exclusive cards not availble in real packs. Like foils...and two separate insert sets.

Digital cards have now been around for about 5 years, starting with Topps Bunt. And yes, THOSE cards have value too, even though they are digital, just check ebay prices for BUNT SIGNATURES. Go on check. You'll be astounded.

Their Star Wars digital card trader cards are nutso with pricing. And again, those are 100% digital. These are physical cards.

AND YOU CAN GET THE BASE CARDS FOR FREE.

Hey - I have a full FOIL team set of the Kings for trade.

nocturn
April 2nd, 2016, 05:36 AM
Dang bro, it was a joke.

WildWill
April 4th, 2016, 01:22 PM
To card collectors though it's not a joke. We never liked the gum in sports cards, it ruins a decent card in every pack. Nothing worse than opening up a vintage pack of say, 79-80 OPC (which would cost you from $75 to $100) only to have the Wayne Gretzky rookie card stuck to a piece of 37 year old gum.

So yeah, sorry, no sense of humor on that. Besides like I said, they haven't had gum in them for a number of years, as in like 20

beedee
April 4th, 2016, 04:51 PM
To card collectors though it's not a joke. We never liked the gum in sports cards, it ruins a decent card in every pack. Nothing worse than opening up a vintage pack of say, 79-80 OPC (which would cost you from $75 to $100) only to have the Wayne Gretzky rookie card stuck to a piece of 37 year old gum.

So yeah, sorry, no sense of humor on that. Besides like I said, they haven't had gum in them for a number of years, as in like 20

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/57091948.jpg

nocturn
April 6th, 2016, 07:57 AM

http://orig10.deviantart.net/ba1a/f/2013/219/3/b/homer_simpson_drooling_by_dondrug-d6h081a.jpg

Enjoy your cards, bruh.

USCKingsFan31
April 6th, 2016, 02:15 PM

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/shocked-will-smith.gif

King Smokey
May 2nd, 2016, 10:03 AM
OK, i am late to the party but i love this stuff. Of course, I opened my third free pack and I already got a double. Thats pretty bad.

King Smokey
May 2nd, 2016, 10:08 AM
zing!

btw this makes sense, right? card companies have been losing money for years, they needed to go digital to maintain any sense of relevance.
i bought upper deck the first year they came out for nhl, which i believe was around 1991. having an entire set back then was something big.
i spent all of my money on upper deck packs. the packs were foil so you couldn't 'search' through them without buying first.
i'd like to believe that my set is still somewhere at my mom's house but realistically she probably tossed them out in one of the last 20 spring cleanings she did

I have the first 2 years of UD NHL... organized nicely in a box for safe keeping. I thought I'd be sitting on a small fortune and that just never happened. :(

hokiecat
May 2nd, 2016, 10:43 AM
Dang bro, it was a joke.

It was a joke that got you sent to the sick burn unit. Was it worth it?

nocturn
May 2nd, 2016, 10:47 AM
It was a joke that got you sent to the sick burn unit. Was it worth it?

Before or after his ninja edit...5 hours later?

Cup4TheKings
May 26th, 2016, 05:53 PM
I have the first 2 years of UD NHL... organized nicely in a box for safe keeping. I thought I'd be sitting on a small fortune and that just never happened. :(

I see certain cards from those first two years in mint condition sell for quite a lot. Maybe you should research what they've been selling for on eBay