PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Dodgers Season Thread

DRGinLBC
April 3rd, 2017, 02:59 PM
Opening Day. Doyers laying the hurt.. 12-1.

Ice24
April 3rd, 2017, 03:14 PM
Opening Day. Doyers laying the hurt.. 12-1.

they are playing a minor league team.

Trapper9
April 3rd, 2017, 09:38 PM
Last year's opening series, The Padres didn't score a run until the Dodgers left town. They are ahead of pace.

Oh yeah, The Padres will win the West.

Drop The Gloves
April 4th, 2017, 02:02 AM
they are playing a minor league team.

Doesn't make the win any less enjoyable.

GO DODGERS!

DanteHicks
April 4th, 2017, 10:58 AM
Anyone else care about 75% less when it's Joe Davis calling the game?

(I don't blame him. It would be the same no matter who it was.)

SuperCalo2000
April 18th, 2017, 08:16 AM
Joe Davis is doing fine. People are placing unreal expectations on the guy. When most of us started listening to Vin, he had at least 25 years under his belt. He was started along slowly doing 1 inning his 1st few years.

The real worry is what in the world Zaidi and Friedman are doing. I thought the Hill/Reddick trade was trash last year. Then to give Mr. Blister 3yrs and that money in addition to losing the prospects is lunacy.

I can't wait for Urias to come in. I like that kid. Not because he's one of mine but because the kid is good. Like co-ace good. I expect him to be good this year but really take off next season. He reminds me a bit of Kershaw when Kershaw was first was rushed up to the majors. I don't think he'll be that good but just like with Kershaw, I saw the raw ability.

FortyFour
June 22nd, 2017, 06:54 PM
This team is incredible to watch right now.

SuperCalo2000
June 23rd, 2017, 05:34 PM
Exactly. I have been watching. The fact that these homegrown guys are doing it makes it that much sweeter.

Claw21
June 27th, 2017, 08:33 PM
Dodgers have a Triple A team starting tonight vs the Angels

TooCool
June 28th, 2017, 04:56 PM
Dodgers have a Triple A team starting tonight vs the Angels

Perfect for us because the Halos have been fielding a Double A team all year long with everyone injured.

Trapper9
June 28th, 2017, 11:31 PM
Well that game ended ugly but at least the Angels hit a home run. McDonalds here I come!!!

Hkyfmly
July 9th, 2017, 08:00 PM
Wow 61 wins at the All Star Break. Really impressive.

FortyFour
July 15th, 2017, 10:24 PM
Cody Bellinger hits for the cycle. What a year this kid is having. Good lord.

Hkyfmly
July 16th, 2017, 07:45 PM
Cody Bellinger hits for the cycle. What a year this kid is having. Good lord.

I think he has a lock on Rookie of the year. Dare we mention him for MVP also? Or is that asking to much?

FortyFour
July 17th, 2017, 12:57 AM
He will definitely be in the MVP conversation. Dodgers were 9-11 when Bellinger was called up, and (so far) have gone 55-18 since then.

Hkyfmly
July 18th, 2017, 07:37 AM
He will definitely be in the MVP conversation. Dodgers were 9-11 when Bellinger was called up, and (so far) have gone 55-18 since then.

Wow I have been watching all season (finally ditched Direct TV and got Spectrum) But I did not realize this stat. This is amazing. Keep it up boys in blue.

ucsdguy1
July 24th, 2017, 11:34 AM
Kershaw out 4-6 weeks. oof

beedee
July 24th, 2017, 12:56 PM

Turf toe?

Ice24
July 25th, 2017, 08:40 AM

Well rested for the playoff run. Smart move by the Dodgers.

Hkyfmly
July 30th, 2017, 11:42 AM
So do the Dodgers make a move or stay pat and do not give up prospects for a minor tweak? I want them to stand pat and not give up any prospects.

FortyFour
July 30th, 2017, 04:08 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to giving up some prospects considering our farm depth. This team is on the cusp of something great. You don't get this close that often. Sometimes you have to pay the price.

Hkyfmly
July 30th, 2017, 05:58 PM
I will have to disagree with you. What if they had given up Seager or Bellenger for a trade. I feel they have what it takes to win with what they have and keep the future intact especially with the depth of the farm. (I pray everyday the Kings had this kind of depth)

Ice24
July 31st, 2017, 08:12 AM
So do the Dodgers make a move or stay pat and do not give up prospects for a minor tweak? I want them to stand pat and not give up any prospects.

They are pretty solid right now, stand pat and if things don't work out this season, make the deals in the off season that will put them over the top. You won't have to give up as much and this team is built to win for a while. Of course if the pitching holds up.

mervaldez
July 31st, 2017, 10:05 AM
The Dodgers smartly didn't give up Seager or Bellinger, and that's why they're in position to win it this year. Getting that other piece now (No. 2 starter and/or LH reliever) will increase those odds dramatically considering the other NL contenders have all made moves to improve. This is a magical regular season, but Seattle had a pretty magical season in 2001, and there's zero trophies in their case to show for it. Trade a top prospect or two this year, still have a deep farm system for the future, work the post-waiver trade deadline (the Dodgers are masters of this), and finish what we've started here.

Hkyfmly
July 31st, 2017, 10:21 AM
Does anyone know if there is a site like LGK for the Dodgers I can go to for updates and team info like I get here? Thanks in advance.

mervaldez
July 31st, 2017, 10:48 AM
www.truebluela.com is decent. Active comment board. All others seemed to be manned by teenagers.

The closest to this site was www.dodgerblues.com. Very sarcastic, mostly angry Dodger "fan" site. The best was the running clock on the front page that tracked the time since the last great Dodger moment (Gibson's HR in '88). The skeleton is still up there if you want to click and view the past posts, but unfortunately the past forum threads are gone. Got ugly there, which was ridiculously awesome.

mervaldez
July 31st, 2017, 10:53 AM
FYI to all the "keep the prospects" folks:

"Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports writes that "it's getting increasingly harder" to see the Dodgers pulling off a trade for Yu Darvish.
Passan reports that the two sides just aren't matching up despite plenty of discussions. The Dodgers are reluctant to include top prospects Walker Buehler or Alex Verdugo and unless they budge, this appears unlikely to come together by Monday's deadline. Stay tuned."

Got a few more hours ...

Hkyfmly
July 31st, 2017, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the web site. And I would not give up Buehler and Verdugo for a guy that may be a rental. I guess I am just not a win at all cots person. I am a Plan for the future person.

mervaldez
July 31st, 2017, 11:11 AM
I'm a "don't want to be the 2001 Mariners" person. :smile:

Claw21
July 31st, 2017, 12:13 PM
Does anybody feel comfortable with Luis Avilan or Josh Fields pitching in the 7th inning?
How about Hill or Wood pitching a must win game 2 or 3? Lets hope Hill's blister problem doesn't re-appear. Or Wood's elbow doesn't get sore again.

In my opinion, we need a starter to thrown game 2 following Kershaw.

I wish Dodgers had a bat to protect Bellinger. Teams can pitch around him with guys like Forsythe and Pederson following him.

Dodgers have the prospects now to put the team over the top. They are so close.

Claw21
July 31st, 2017, 12:24 PM
Yankees just got Sonny Gray for 3 prospects. Not sure why Dodgers GM couldn't put together a better package because the 3 Yankees prospects aren't even the Yankees top prospects.

They got a ss who wasn't even ranked in top 100, a pitcher who's been hurt all year coming off Tommy John surgery, and an outfielder who is ranked 77 in MLB prospect and is out for the rest of the year with knee surgery.

Would've been nice to see Gray pitch in the #2 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2) slot.

mervaldez
July 31st, 2017, 12:42 PM
They got a lefty reliever. Was hoping Britton but whatever.

@BNightengale 3m3 minutes ago

The #Dodgers (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=Dodgers) land Tony Watson from #Pirates (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=Pirates) per @Ken_Rosenthal

Claw21
July 31st, 2017, 12:57 PM
Tony Watson has given up 57 hits in 46 innings. I'd rather just keep putting Avilan out there.

Dodgers GM being cheap. Looks like he's willing to ride Kershaw's bad back, Hill's blisters and Wood's elbow through the post season.

Claw21
July 31st, 2017, 01:08 PM
Yankees get Sonny Gray.
DBacks get JD Martinez.
Cubs get Justin Wilson and Jose Quintana
Dodgers get Tony Watson?

How silly.

mervaldez
July 31st, 2017, 01:17 PM
Oh doctor!

@BNightengale 18s18 seconds ago
The Darvish trade, reported by @kenrosenthal, shows that the #Dodgers (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=Dodgers) are all-in. This could be a dream team.

@Ken_Rosenthal
Source: Darvish to #Dodgers

Add:

@jonmorosi 2m2 minutes ago
Alex Verdugo not in the Darvish trade.

Add:

@JeffPassan 1m1 minute ago

Rangers' return for Darvish is Willie Calhoun, A.J. Alexy and Brendon Davis.

No Verdugo or Buehler. Calhoun is tough to lose, but you got to give up something, and Barnes can play second base too. Either way I'll take this!!! Good stuff Doyers!

Claw21
July 31st, 2017, 01:57 PM
Good trade

Hkyfmly
July 31st, 2017, 02:35 PM
Oh doctor!

@BNightengale 18s18 seconds ago
The Darvish trade, reported by @kenrosenthal, shows that the #Dodgers (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=Dodgers) are all-in. This could be a dream team.

@Ken_Rosenthal
Source: Darvish to #Dodgers

Add:

@jonmorosi 2m2 minutes ago
Alex Verdugo not in the Darvish trade.

Add:

@JeffPassan 1m1 minute ago

Rangers' return for Darvish is Willie Calhoun, A.J. Alexy and Brendon Davis.

No Verdugo or Buehler. Calhoun is tough to lose, but you got to give up something, and Barnes can play second base too. Either way I'll take this!!! Good stuff Doyers!

I can handle this. The Dodgers are strong at 2nd and SS so I am not upset over this loss. This should shore up the pitching for the Post Season. Very happy with this.

FortyFour
July 31st, 2017, 10:00 PM
For the record I never came anywhere close to thinking Seager nor Bellinger were movable prospects this year or last. But given their development and the Dodgers position this year, moving prospects became less taboo. When you consider who the Dodgers gave up (and who they held on to), the Darvish deal is exciting stuff. Go Dodgers.

Trapper9
August 1st, 2017, 12:25 AM
They were in the drivers seat for Darvish as he is a rental. that's why they were able to hold onto their top 3 prospects. (Buehler, Verdugo and Alvarez)

Claw21
August 4th, 2017, 12:48 PM
I'd like to see a rotation of Kershaw, Darvish, Hill, Wood, Buehler next year. And Verdugo in one of the outfield spots.

Trapper9
August 5th, 2017, 10:52 AM
I'm glad they didn't trade Verdugo, but he's not ready for Bigs yet.
He's not hitting for enough power yet. Bellinger still has more homers in AAA than he does (5-4) and one of his homers was a routine out that the outfielder Canseco'd into a homer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqoEttlxpsE

Trapper9
August 5th, 2017, 10:59 AM
One guy that is going up their prospects charts quickly is DJ Peters. 6'6 225 lbs. already has 22 homers in Rancho. (including 2 off Bumgarner)

FortyFour
August 6th, 2017, 07:19 PM
Maeda and Ryu each pitching late in games this week.

What party?
September 5th, 2017, 02:05 PM
Stoked! Heading to see the boys in blue tonight. =) I moved back to LA over a year ago and am finally getting it together. Excited to see the squad in action 97-45 whaaaa?

Oh and it's dia de los muertos dodgers game. Which apparently does not mean dress up like a zombie Don Drysdale, which has to be a misnomer/lost in translation situation. My thunder has been stolen but still ready for fun. Go Blue.

Dexter
October 15th, 2017, 08:32 PM
Go Doyers Go

What party?
December 17th, 2017, 06:15 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/black-sports-online-matt-kemp-act-of-kindness-for-fan.jpg

Whaaaa?

Welp, now that Matt is back my friend that kind of looks like him can continue to lie to women that they are the same person. *eye roll*

pumpernicholl
December 18th, 2017, 12:00 PM
Your friend better take advantage while Kemp is still technically a Dodger. Without a need for on the big-league roster, he won't be around long.

Overall, a great trade by the Dodgers.

What party?
December 18th, 2017, 12:47 PM
Your friend better take advantage while Kemp is still technically a Dodger. Without a need for on the big-league roster, he won't be around long.

Overall, a great trade by the Dodgers.

*lols* Yep. He'd better get out in the street, today. For clarity's sake he's my brother's bestie (or one of them) and he probably told me that crap to annoy me/make himself laugh. You know how brothers/brother's friends are...family. =)

Not mad at the trade at all, as you stated. Confusing because it's like Blake coming back. If he suits up, he may hear it.

Trapper9
December 18th, 2017, 08:15 PM
He won't be here as long as Cammalleri was.