PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Lewis, We Hardly Knew Ya

Kaos
August 20th, 2017, 12:09 PM
Jerry Lewis, Comedy Legend, Dies at 91 (http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/legendary-comedian-actor-jerry-lewis-dead-91-n794331)

BeerMan
August 20th, 2017, 12:15 PM
the telethon next week will never be the same. RIP

Shackleford
August 20th, 2017, 01:06 PM
Absolute legend

RIP

"PRETTY LADIES "

King Ludwig
August 20th, 2017, 03:19 PM
I rarely saw anything that he was in...basically because I thought he was not that funny...

Here's the funny thing...I think he was a regular at my Smith's kettle every year... I hope it's him (and he introduced himself as jerry) that I was trading jokes with year after year at my kettle... He did say the last time he saw someone with this type of comic timing was Henny Youngman (in 2007)...but the first he's come across that delivered that style in such a deadpan manner... He also stated that I could go a long way in comedy if I choose to do so... If it was this Jerry...I'll miss him at my kettle this year...

Requiescat in pace

orpheus
August 20th, 2017, 10:16 PM
http://cdn1us.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeekus/files/superman-jerry-lewis_0.jpg

RIP

santiclaws
August 21st, 2017, 09:20 AM
I rarely saw anything that he was in...basically because I thought he was not that funny...

Here's the funny thing...I think he was a regular at my Smith's kettle every year... I hope it's him (and he introduced himself as jerry) that I was trading jokes with year after year at my kettle... He did say the last time he saw someone with this type of comic timing was Henny Youngman (in 2007)...but the first he's come across that delivered that style in such a deadpan manner... He also stated that I could go a long way in comedy if I choose to do so... If it was this Jerry...I'll miss him at my kettle this year...

Requiescat in pace
He had some serious acting chops, too, although you didn't see them often. If you (or anyone) have never seen Scorsese's "The King of Comedy" with him and DeNiro, do yourself a favor and see it. It's a really great movie, with terrific performances by Lewis and DeNiro, and it is not a comedy despite the name.