PDA

View Full Version : Amoeba Records to move...and become a dispensary????

jerseydevil
June 15th, 2018, 10:23 PM
Amoeba Music Set to Relocate Its Los Angeles Store, Plans to Seek Dispensary Permit (EXCLUSIVE)
https://variety.com/2018/biz/news/amoeba-music-set-to-relocate-its-los-angeles-store-plans-to-seek-dispensary-permit-exclusive-1202848131/

orpheus
June 15th, 2018, 10:45 PM
Well. People can download music or stream often for free, but they can't download pot.

I guess I can appreciate their yes I Cannabis attitude about, um diversifying, their inventory. mhihi: :rimshot: :puff:

BeerMan
June 15th, 2018, 10:56 PM
well, weed and music can't go wrong together.

darby
June 16th, 2018, 11:50 AM
Add a dispensary. A coffee bar. I can see that.

Luc SkyBomba
June 16th, 2018, 02:54 PM
none of that matters if they still don't have a public bathroom

orpheus
June 16th, 2018, 07:20 PM
So is Amoeba mostly vinyl now? I haven't been there in years since I don't buy that much physical media anymore, well, as far as music is concerned.

I am never going to get into vinyl even though I can appreciate those who have good collections of it. I feel about vinyl similar to how a lot Judas Priest fans feel about the Sad Wings of Destiny album. It's good, but the people who say it's the best are old fogey and hipsters.

If I live long enough, I'll be an old fogey, but I'll never be a hipster. Hipsters have even brought back cassettes, lol. rolleyes:

jerseydevil
June 16th, 2018, 07:30 PM
PHYSICAL MEDIA ROOOLS!!!! Shame on you Orph. How can you call yourself a savvy dolphin if you don't show the youngbloods how to raise their game. What kinda old man are you???

Hell. May go to Amoeba now. They damned well better get some ac in the new place. That swamp cooler **** is so 1960.

nocturn
June 18th, 2018, 05:19 AM
none of that matters if they still don't have a public bathroom

Holy sh** thats funny on so many levels!

Luc SkyBomba
June 18th, 2018, 09:44 AM
So is Amoeba mostly vinyl now? I haven't been there in years since I don't buy that much physical media anymore, well, as far as music is concerned.

I am never going to get into vinyl even though I can appreciate those who have good collections of it. I feel about vinyl similar to how a lot Judas Priest fans feel about the Sad Wings of Destiny album. It's good, but the people who say it's the best are old fogey and hipsters.

If I live long enough, I'll be an old fogey, but I'll never be a hipster. Hipsters have even brought back cassettes, lol. rolleyes:

You don't need to be a hipster to buy vinyl. I've been collecting since I was 15 and "hipsters" weren't even a thing!