PDA

View Full Version : UCLA Football

Pages : 1 [2]

Wolvie
November 7th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Was at the game today, and wow was I underwhelmed.

The two most interesting moments for me:

1. When Kevin Prince took a helmet to helmet hit (Prince's fault, by the way) and went down, some guy behind me screamed, "Oh no, there goes the season!" Sarcasm is always better when you can scream it.

2. I learned from the media guide that Kevin Craft is #10 on the UCLA all-time pass completion list. After just his 2008 season. WTF? At this rate (riding the pine, mostly) he might still pass Heisman Trophy winner Gary Beban. Did NOT compute.

seraphim
November 7th, 2009, 09:02 PM
I learned from the media guide that Kevin Craft is #10 on the UCLA all-time pass completion list. After just his 2008 season. WTF? At this rate (riding the pine, mostly) he might still pass Heisman Trophy winner Gary Beban. Did NOT compute.
they must count interceptions as completions. :)

-_Sf

Hoya
November 7th, 2009, 11:20 PM
they must count interceptions as completions. :)

-_Sf

Craft had thirteen touchdown passes last year too--too bad six of them were to the other team.

Atticus
November 12th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Jordan James picks UCLA football | The Fabulous Forum | Los Angeles Times (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/11/jordan-james-picks-ucla-football.html)

James verbals.

This is going to be a solid program in two to three years.

Hoya
December 6th, 2009, 05:25 PM
UCLA football: Bruins could land in EagleBank Bowl | The Fabulous Forum | Los Angeles Times (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/12/ucla-football-eaglebank-bowl-rick-neuheisel.html)

Go Navy, beat Army!

roenick
December 6th, 2009, 09:28 PM
UCLA football: Bruins could land in EagleBank Bowl | The Fabulous Forum | Los Angeles Times (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/12/ucla-football-eaglebank-bowl-rick-neuheisel.html)

Go Navy, beat Army!

Dude as much as I don't think we deserve a bowl game this year I hope this works out so you can go to a game locally.

Hoya
December 7th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Dude as much as I don't think we deserve a bowl game this year I hope this works out so you can go to a game locally.

I'll be in L.A. for the holidays... a good excuse to not stand outside in freezing temperatures to watch us play Temple.

I did make it to two road games this year--Tennessee and USC.

Hoya
January 21st, 2010, 06:23 PM
Jordan James picks UCLA football | The Fabulous Forum | Los Angeles Times (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/11/jordan-james-picks-ucla-football.html)

James verbals.

This is going to be a solid program in two to three years.

Anthony Barr verbals (http://insidesocal.com/ucla/2010/01/well-its-official-barr-is-a-br.html), and UCLA leads for a few more top recruits.

ChilledAgua
January 29th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Anthony Barr verbals (http://insidesocal.com/ucla/2010/01/well-its-official-barr-is-a-br.html), and UCLA leads for a few more top recruits.

Cassius March commits

Scout.com: Cassius Marsh Profile (http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=3932640)

Hoya
February 22nd, 2010, 11:12 AM
UCLA football: Carnell Lake out as Bruins cornerbacks coach | The Fabulous Forum | Los Angeles Times (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/02/ucla-football-carnell-lake-out-as-bruin-cornerbacks-coach.html)

RockPile
February 24th, 2010, 02:24 PM
UCLA football: Carnell Lake out as Bruins cornerbacks coach | The Fabulous Forum | Los Angeles Times (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/02/ucla-football-carnell-lake-out-as-bruin-cornerbacks-coach.html)

If J-Dub is chosen to replace Lake, hopefully he makes a HELL of a lot better coach than he is as a commentator. I can see him being a very good recruiter, though.

Hoya
June 6th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Lucrative deals with Nike, Adidas another edge in battle between college 'haves,' 'have nots' | OregonLive.com (http://blog.oregonlive.com/pac10/2010/06/lucrative_deals_with_nike_adid.html)

RockPile
September 1st, 2011, 02:04 PM
09/03/11 at Houston Houston, TX 12:30 p.m. PT

Can't wait to see how Johnson and Mastro improve the offense. The game plan should be similar to last year, run until the Cougs wheels fall off. The Bruin D should be a lot more aggressive under Tresey but it is going to be hot and humid and they will be tested. I expect a lot of traps, screens and short-yardage passing. The Bruin D-line should be better with Datone Jones back and the rest of the crew with a little experience under their belt.

Go Bruins!!:keg:

roenick
September 1st, 2011, 10:02 PM
Quietly hopeful that things will be better this year. My daughter and I went to the disaster of the U of Wash game last year. It was funny. We were at the game early and saw both teams come out early for warm-ups. The difference between the two teams was incredible. UCLA players looked like a bunch of thoroughbreads while the Huskies looked horrible in comparison - almost like a bunch of high schoolers. I thought there was no way the Bruins would lose. Then they got run out of the stadium. My daughter and I as well as the other Bruin faithful who were there were saying Rick had to go as we talked leaving Mont Lake stadium.

Well we were stuck for one more year with Rick so he had better pick it up. The main mantra you hear from UDub fans is UCLA, like USC, attracts the most amazing athletes so there is no way the Bruins shouldn't win. Let's hope so.

RockPile
September 2nd, 2011, 08:21 AM
I do expect offensive improvement. While the pistol improved the running game last year, clearly there was something missing other than the terrible passing game. Mastro should have the pistol working at a higher level as that is his specialty. I believe Johnson is going to open things up while mixing pistol, spread and pro sets. Chow's play calling and lack of creativity last year was just awful and so far it looks like that is continuing up in Utah. Hopefully this is the year the QB play matures to the level of at least average. If so, with what should be a very good running game the Bruins can make some noise.

RockPile
September 2nd, 2011, 10:08 AM
Good article on the changes to the offense.

UCLA's Pistol offense gets a makeover - Los Angeles Ucla Blog - ESPN Los Angeles (http://sports.espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/ucla/post/_/id/7092/uclas-pistol-offense-gets-a-makeover#more)

roenick
September 3rd, 2011, 07:40 PM
So we scored/moved the ball at will (except for the idiocy of all the people trying to make the offensive calls and confusing Brehault) but we again couldn't stop anyone. Sure a sixth year senior should be this good but for gosh sakes feel free to make a stop more then once a quarter. Between that and the awful kicking game (when was the last time we said that when talking UCLA football??!!) the Bruins could've easily won this game.

Oh well, I still have high hopes for this team this year.

RockPile
September 6th, 2011, 09:02 AM
This was a frustrating game for sure because they could've, should've, but, there is a lot of positive. Defensively, there were a ton of missed tackles. That's fixable.

Ecktore
September 6th, 2011, 09:12 AM
While I was impressed by the offense, the lack of defense really blew my mind. I'm hoping for a better showing against San Jose State.

ChilledAgua
September 6th, 2011, 12:59 PM
So we scored/moved the ball at will (except for the idiocy of all the people trying to make the offensive calls and confusing Brehault) but we again couldn't stop anyone. Sure a sixth year senior should be this good but for gosh sakes feel free to make a stop more then once a quarter. Between that and the awful kicking game (when was the last time we said that when talking UCLA football??!!) the Bruins could've easily won this game.

Oh well, I still have high hopes for this team this year.

I liked the way they battled to the end and scored that last touchdown to at least have a chance at a miracle. I don't think that would've happened last year.
Nice to see them utilizing the tight end for a change; Fauria is a monster talent. The offensive line played much better in the passing game; the quarterbacks weren't always running for their lives, and the sacks were down.

There is room for optimism.

Keenum is no mere 6th year senior. IIf he exceeds 5,000 yards again, he'll pass Chang for the #1 spot on the all time career list for total yards.

He's also only 27 behind NCAA career touchdown record holder Graham Harrell (134) as well.

He'll probably be #1 in both categories by season's end, if he stays healthy.

The tackling was atrocious, but Houston's attack gets their skill guys (who are good) open in space, which always creates difficult one-on-one tackling chances.

Now, if we can't stop San Jose St., I'll worry...

roenick
September 7th, 2011, 08:36 AM
I will say they picked up the tackling and defense in the second half but I fully blame the coaches for the defense not being ready at the opening kickoff. They have to wrap up and tackle and have to try and stop these huge plays/gainers that totally demoralize a team. I, like you, am still optimistic about this season but we will see. Hopefully they will blow SJSU out Saturday.

RockPile
September 27th, 2011, 01:27 PM
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd247/j9000z/stanford.jpg

roenick
November 29th, 2011, 06:22 PM
So Skippy is out. Where do we go from here?

Personally I would love to make a run at Petersen but I think we end up with Sumlin. Also think Tom Cable has an outside shot at this gig. Remember he has ties to UCLA as he was with Dorrell.

SmytheKing
November 30th, 2011, 07:46 AM

Personally I would love to make a run at Petersen but I think we end up with Sumlin. Also think Tom Cable has an outside shot at this gig. Remember he has ties to UCLA as he was with Dorrell.God can we stop with the guys that have ties to UCLA? How has that panned out lately? I'd rather they go for a guy like Leach personally.

28kings28
November 30th, 2011, 09:57 AM
All I have to say is 50-0. Go Trojans!

Ecktore
November 30th, 2011, 10:06 AM

Quite possibly the best thing to happen to UCLA this year, IMO.

roenick
November 30th, 2011, 11:10 AM
God can we stop with the guys that have ties to UCLA? How has that panned out lately? I'd rather they go for a guy like Leach personally.

Don't disagree at all. Leach is the hot commodity and I think we won't get him. He would be perfect for the job though. Wouldn't take himself too seriously and would bring some excitement back into the program, at least offensively, which is something they really need.

My daughter and I went to the UCLA - Washington game last year up in Seattle. We got there very early and were there for warm-ups. The Bruins came out and man they looked good - like a bunch of world class thoroughbreds. Then UW came out and I kid you not they looked like a high school team in comparison. Then the game started and they ran the Bruins off the field. I would just like to see a Bruin team play up to their physical abilities and act like they are having fun doing it. I wouldn't be at all disappointed in Sumlin.

roenick
November 30th, 2011, 11:13 AM

Yeah that classy Trojan university throwing when it is 36-0 or 43-0! Hey, when you got it flaunt it I guess but stay classy 'SC. Just don't whine when that karma comes back on you ten-fold (i.e. the whole Bush/NCAA thing).

Agree with eck, though, that smack down is what finally pushed Guerrero to make a firm decision on Skippy.

El Cochino
November 30th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Well, for what it's worth.... the word around the campfire is that Chris Peterson to UCLA is a done deal. There are a whole lot of rumors flying around, but I think there is some legs there considering CP's son and his cancer treatment. The doctor that was treating him in Boise is now at UCLA... UCLA donors are willing to pony up insane money to get CP.

Also... It looks like the newest member of the Bruin family is none other than P Diddy's son Justin Combs. There is lots of $$$ there :)

SmytheKing
November 30th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Don't disagree at all. Leach is the hot commodity and I think we won't get him. He would be perfect for the job though. Wouldn't take himself too seriously and would bring some excitement back into the program, at least offensively, which is something they really need.

My daughter and I went to the UCLA - Washington game last year up in Seattle. We got there very early and were there for warm-ups. The Bruins came out and man they looked good - like a bunch of world class thoroughbreds. Then UW came out and I kid you not they looked like a high school team in comparison. Then the game started and they ran the Bruins off the field. I would just like to see a Bruin team play up to their physical abilities and act like they are having fun doing it. I wouldn't be at all disappointed in Sumlin.Oh well. Mike Leach agrees to coach Washington State Cougars, sources say - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7299814/mike-leach-agrees-coach-washington-state-cougars-sources-say)

roenick
November 30th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Well, for what it's worth.... the word around the campfire is that Chris Peterson to UCLA is a done deal. There are a whole lot of rumors flying around, but I think there is some legs there considering CP's son and his cancer treatment. The doctor that was treating him in Boise is now at UCLA... UCLA donors are willing to pony up insane money to get CP.

Also... It looks like the newest member of the Bruin family is none other than P Diddy's son Justin Combs. There is lots of $$$ there :)

This is kind of scaring me. The last few Boise coaches have failed miserably when they have left Boise. I hope I am wrong.

ChilledAgua
December 2nd, 2011, 12:52 AM

Personally I would love to make a run at Petersen but I think we end up with Sumlin. Also think Tom Cable has an outside shot at this gig. Remember he has ties to UCLA as he was with Dorrell.

If it's Cable (you know, the guy who punched one of his assistants in Oakland), then boxing classes should be part of the payment packages for all the other coaches on the staff...

El Cochino
December 2nd, 2011, 12:22 PM
Well... Petersen to UCLA is 95% not going to happen. Where do we go from here? I say Jim Tressel or Tom Cable.... yes they both have questionable pasts but hey, so did Skippy.

roenick
December 3rd, 2011, 04:12 PM
I really think Sumlin is the guy we will get. Just a feel that he will be the guy. With Cable on the outside as the next possible guy. I DON'T Jim Mora, Jr. He would be horrible.

El Cochino
December 5th, 2011, 07:58 AM
I really think Sumlin is the guy we will get. Just a feel that he will be the guy. With Cable on the outside as the next possible guy. I DON'T Jim Mora, Jr. He would be horrible.

Rumors are flying that Jim Tressel was seen with Dan Guerrero yesterday.... Could it be??

roenick
December 5th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I can't possibly believe that Tressel is the guy! We will have to live with whatever baggage comes with him. But Guerrero would prove a commitment to get a high level candidate hired.

According to the Times Sumlin is off the market and now the focus is on Mora, Jr. (please NO!). Also heard that Bilotti is still a distinct possibility. This is really starting to get very interesting. The worst piece would be that no one wants the job (like when they hired Skippy).

Man Tressel would really be eye-opening.

El Cochino
December 5th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Jim Tressel would strike fear in the hearts of our ketchup & mustard wearing friends across town.... I can't believe it myself. One thing about the NCAA sanctions. I believe the only issues he would bring to Westwood is the loss of 3 Schollies each of the next 3 years (should he be hired). That isn't bad...

ChilledAgua
December 6th, 2011, 01:00 AM
Is Danny Boy gonna get him a nice baby-blue sweater vest now?

Do.Not.Want.

I agree, amazingly enough, with T. J. Simers (Hell will now freeze over) - go after Sarkesian. I think he's a guy with his best years ahead of him.

Ice24
December 6th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Jim Tressel would strike fear in the hearts of our ketchup & mustard wearing friends across town.... .

Now that is funny!

roenick
December 6th, 2011, 09:15 AM
So living in the State of Washington there is no way Sark leaves UW for UCLA. It just won't happen. Even though the Husky faithful are ticked off with the dropping of the dawgs off the map after getting their sixth win they will just fire their defensive coordinator. They love Sark up here. I don't think there is any way that Guerrero could talk Sark into leaving. I would love to see it happen but the UW alum's think Sark is going to lead them back to national prominence. Today TJ was saying that Mora, Jr. would be the right guy and as much as I hate to admit it he may be right. TJ says that Mora is just like Carroll was when he went to 'SC. A guy who has a lot to prove and tons of enthusiasm. He would probably be able to recruit much like Donahue but I can't escape the feeling that the Bruins would again be settling like when they hired Skippy.

El Cochino
December 6th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Isn't this just like SC's coaching search before "settling" for Pete Carrol? The football program was a mess; Sonny Lubik turned them down... Dennis Erickson... they ended up settling on an NFL failure named Pete Carrol. Mike Garrett hit the lottery with him... Could it happen again?

roenick
December 6th, 2011, 12:08 PM
One can only hope, wish and pray.

Maybe Jimmy Jr. is the guy ... he wants the job. But then again so did Skippy.

ChilledAgua
December 6th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Pat Hill became available today.

roenick
December 7th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Pat Hill became available today.

This is a guy who has openly pined for the UCLA job in the past. I would pass on this guy to be quite honest. Maybe 5 years ago I would've looked at him but I don't trust this guy at all.

Ecktore
December 10th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Jim Mora it is!

roenick
December 10th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Jim Mora it is!

Let's hope he works out as well as Pete did (same situation - guy is hungry for chance to prove himself again) for 'SC. Heck I would take 3/4 as good as Pete at 'SC!!

Ecktore
September 10th, 2012, 10:17 AM
My oh my! Ranked 22nd in the AP Poll after the second week! First time since 2008 that they've been ranked in the top 25. Has it really been that long?

Go Bruins!!

ChilledAgua
September 10th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Noel Mazzone was a great pick for OC. The different looks and motion have succeeded in getting the skill guys open, and the run / pass ratio has been good. Hundley hasn't had to continually run for his life like Brehaut and Prince did last season, and throws an accurate, catchable ball.

They do not look like a team that will beat itself, and once the penalties are cleaned up, they'll be even more solid.

Dawdler
September 15th, 2012, 11:28 PM
the only undefeated College Football team in LA, great job Bruins!!

roenick
November 17th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Lets hear ya Bruin alums and fans! We finally beat the condoms!

AngryKing
November 17th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Victory!!! Trojans suck!

SuxBeingU
November 17th, 2012, 04:38 PM
1-5 in the last 6 enjoy it Bruins

roenick
November 17th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Yeah ok Sux but sports is all about what you have done lately. I will take it.

SC fan always forgets they lost eight in a row to UCLA. Seems like Matt made the wrong choice this season ... So much for that national title season ...

RockPile
November 19th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Pat Haden says that Kiffin will be back next year. Enjoy it Trojans!

WestCoastIPA
September 2nd, 2013, 08:30 PM
Nice start to the season for the Bruins.

Anxious to see how they perform on the road in Nebraska.

Brett Hundley is the real deal!

roenick
September 3rd, 2013, 12:03 PM
I am worried about the defense and how young it is. Offense (knock on my wood head) should be no issue. Very interested to see how they fair down in Nebraska. I won't count out a Jim Mora, Jr. coached team ....

LetTigerIn
September 3rd, 2013, 12:06 PM
PHOTOS: UCLA's 'LA Midnight' uniforms for Washington - CBSSports.com (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/23461395/photos-uclas-la-midnight-uniforms-for-washington)

WestCoastIPA
September 4th, 2013, 05:08 PM
I am worried about the defense and how young it is. Offense (knock on my wood head) should be no issue. Very interested to see how they fair down in Nebraska. I won't count out a Jim Mora, Jr. coached team ....

Yeah, it's definitely the defensive side of the ball that will be tested in Lincoln. Martinez gave us fits last year even though the Bruins won the game. If they can limit his rushing yards, they should be able to slow down that offense.

I'm not worried about the Bruins offense, I think they can put up at least 35 to 42 points on that Husker defense. Of course, the game is being played in Lincoln, so the Bruins need to keep the turnovers to a minimum and keep scoring.

What I hate the most about this game is the start time. 9 am pacific time. I hope the Bruins are awake at kickoff.

WestCoastIPA
September 4th, 2013, 05:10 PM
PHOTOS: UCLA's 'LA Midnight' uniforms for Washington - CBSSports.com (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/23461395/photos-uclas-la-midnight-uniforms-for-washington)

I like the uniforms, they look pretty sharp. But I am a traditionalist in a lot of ways. I think today's recruits like these kinds of things though so I say why not.

Dawdler
September 14th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Great win for the Bruins!!! and what a way to honor Nick Pasquale R.I.P. #36 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=36)

WestCoastIPA
September 14th, 2013, 11:34 PM
Great win for the Bruins!!! and what a way to honor Nick Pasquale R.I.P. #36 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=36)

It certainly was a great win! You could tell that the Bruins were not ready for the start of this game, but once they got it going, their superior athletes just took over the game. I think this team is going to improve even more as the season goes along with all the young players that are getting significant minutes.

This one was for you Nick!!!

Go Bruins!!!

santiclaws
September 29th, 2013, 10:31 AM
USC gets a shellacking last night and this morning announces the head coach is fired. They told him he was fired outside LAX and pulled him off the team bus to find his own way home.

What a beautiful morning.

Cross Traffic
September 29th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Pretty dick way to fire someone though, should have waited until they got back to campus. I was hoping they would keep him until the Bruins beat up Tommy Trojan again.

RockPile
September 29th, 2013, 03:58 PM

Pat Haden says that Kiffin will be back next year. Enjoy it Trojans!

I guess they didn't enjoy it.

28kings28
September 29th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Pretty dick way to fire someone though, should have waited until they got back to campus. I was hoping they would keep him until the Bruins beat up Tommy Trojan again.

Keep dreaming.

Liz4LA
October 5th, 2013, 08:55 PM
What a crazy game on Thursday! UCLA has to stop getting stupid penalties. Although, it was a poorly officiated game.

Rogie-Vachon
September 5th, 2015, 06:07 PM
Josh Rosen's debut?
Meh...not bad.

ucsdguy1
September 5th, 2015, 08:20 PM
He sort of improved as the game went on? Can't take too much from Virginia, but didn't blow me away

Wolvie
September 7th, 2015, 01:05 PM
He sort of improved as the game went on? Can't take too much from Virginia, but didn't blow me away

He didn't blow you away? I'm not even going to try to make the argument, Grantland did it for me:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/2015-college-football-week-1-wrap-ucla-alabama-auburn-texas-notre-dame-byu-more/

Discount the competition, or dismiss it as just one game, but the execution and the throws were extremely impressive for a true freshman in his first start. I'm not anointing him anything, but that was a crazy debut.

Here's a throw-by-throw.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4-nlmeXci0&feature=youtu.be&t=4m20s

Losing Vanderdoes is the only thing that killed my buzz from that performance.

ChilledAgua
September 8th, 2015, 01:48 PM
Losing Vanderdoes is a huge factor; the coaches plan to rotate 2 guys into his spot with situational substitutions. This will, of course, affect the normal defensive line rotation and may lead to fatigue issues late in games. I think they have some talented guys to help pick up the slack, but their jobs just got a lot more difficult.

This was a quality win against a Power 5, non-cupcake, opponent. Rosen demonstrated every throw in the book, and didn't force balls into coverage. I guess that's what happens when the correct reads are consistently made.

It will be interesting to see what happens against BYU and Arizona in weeks 3 and 4; both of those defenses allowed quite a few points in their first games (Arizona allowed 32 points to UTSA).

LetTigerIn
September 8th, 2015, 02:00 PM
Anyone else going to Vegas this weekend?

Ice24
October 15th, 2015, 10:41 PM
I know UCLA is getting their ass kicked tonight but I do love that rocket arm that Josh Rosen throws with. He is a solid freshman QB that will dominate the next two years. He will only be there for two more years because most likely he will go pro early. He is that good.

This is coming from a USC fan.

Rogie-Vachon
December 8th, 2015, 04:53 PM
Another terrible bowl game presented by Coach Mora.
A no win situation - 5-7 Nebraska in the Chicken Bowl.
Disgusting

Rogie-Vachon
November 23rd, 2016, 03:29 AM
Well - it's been a year - looks like a hot topic - NOT!
Jim Mora and his staff need to go. UCLA needs a college coach (like Washington, Utah). Not fake tough guys - who yell at ball boys and punters.
Below .500 is a joke - even without Rosen. Real programs have real backup QBs. Not 5th year senior walk ons.

USCKingsFan31
November 23rd, 2016, 08:27 AM
Well - it's been a year - looks like a hot topic - NOT!
Jim Mora and his staff need to go. UCLA needs a college coach (like Washington, Utah). Not fake tough guys - who yell at ball boys and punters.
Below .500 is a joke - even without Rosen. Real programs have real backup QBs. Not 5th year senior walk ons.

Mora should have left for the NFL when his stock was sky-high after back-to-back 10 win seasons.

The Bruins have been on the decline since last year, and as strong of a player as Rosen might be when healthy, the supporting cast isn't good enough. Mora's inability to recruit and develop off of his early success has left the program in a bad spot. You can't run an NFL-style team without the talent.

ucsdguy1
November 23rd, 2016, 11:10 AM
I saw a new post in this thread and was hoping it was a link to a "Mora fired" article..

Rogie-Vachon
November 24th, 2016, 11:14 PM
Mora should have left for the NFL when his stock was sky-high after back-to-back 10 win seasons.

The Bruins have been on the decline since last year, and as strong of a player as Rosen might be when healthy, the supporting cast isn't good enough. Mora's inability to recruit and develop off of his early success has left the program in a bad spot. You can't run an NFL-style team without the talent.

Mora was never wanted by the NFL...that's why he was stuck in TV - until his contract ran out. He lived off of Brett Hundley (not his recruit) Much like Bob Toledo lived off off of Cade McNown (not his recruit).

To allow southern cal to rise up like a Phoenix to smash UCLA twice is all on Fake Tough Guy Coach - who yells at ball boys, refs, and first year punters....He make Paul Hackett look like Nick Saban...

USCKingsFan31
November 26th, 2016, 01:18 AM
Mora was never wanted by the NFL...that's why he was stuck in TV - until his contract ran out. He lived off of Brett Hundley (not his recruit) Much like Bob Toledo lived off off of Cade McNown (not his recruit).

To allow southern cal to rise up like a Phoenix to smash UCLA twice is all on Fake Tough Guy Coach - who yells at ball boys, refs, and first year punters....He make Paul Hackett look like Nick Saban...

His name was getting tossed around quite a bit after those Hundley-lead ten win seasons. With the last name of Mora and some success at the college level he absolutely had the chance to make the jump to the league, certainly as a coordinator at the least.

But yeah, he sucks. And any illusion to the contrary has vanished at this point.

Rogie-Vachon
November 30th, 2016, 12:44 PM
His name was getting tossed around quite a bit after those Hundley-lead ten win seasons. With the last name of Mora and some success at the college level he absolutely had the chance to make the jump to the league, certainly as a coordinator at the least.

But yeah, he sucks. And any illusion to the contrary has vanished at this point.

Dude is the highest paid employee in California...with Steve Alford #2.....Thanks (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2.....Thanks) to Disco Dan Guerrero, UCLA's (on) crack AD....they have huuuge buy outs and extensions.
UCLA is stuck with those 3 bumbles for years....