Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 99
  1. #21
    Concussed Villain Mondo Blando's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    8,344
    Liked
    1906 times
    Karma
    1421926
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1141 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dgrycan View Post
    This is one element of Vegas that doesn't usually grab me too much. Sure, I don't mind a nice meal every other trip or so, but there's so much going into my body all day long, it's hard to settle down for a nice meal.

    With that said . . . the new gourmet Burger Brassiere at Paris (actually closer to Ballys in the connecting walkway) was absolutely delicious, and I will go back there again this next trip. Most other meals will be 24 hour places (hopefully on the house), with maybe a nice meal Sunday night someplace if the trip is going well at the tables.

    I'll blow profits on nice meals, but I have a hard time buring actual bankroll on them.

    I used to share this sentiment, until I came to the conclusion that:

    A) Vegas is for treating yourself

    B) If you are on a bad streak, a fine meal costs almost less than the money you would be losing at the tables in the same time frame

    C) There are some amazing, amazing restaurants in that city, with tastes that you just can't find everywhere

    PS - I still relish hitting the all night pizza joint in NY, NY at 4 in the morning

  2. #22
    devenir gris gescom's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    33,556
    Liked
    2031 times
    Karma
    1292516
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    648 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bland View Post
    I used to share this sentiment, until I came to the conclusion that:

    A) Vegas is for treating yourself

    B) If you are on a bad streak, a fine meal costs almost less than the money you would be losing at the tables in the same time frame

    C) There are some amazing, amazing restaurants in that city, with tastes that you just can't find everywhere

    PS - I still relish hitting the all night pizza joint in NY, NY at 4 in the morning


    i agree

    some of you guys must remember, Las Vegas is and has become one of THE most important places to eat in the world... their restaurants DO rival.
    GESCOM: it's never too early to start beefing up your obituary!

  3. #23
    fantastic hair. lunchbox's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,829
    Liked
    884 times
    Karma
    1316545
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)

    Default

    i'll be eating wherever i'm gambling... i'll be on a liquid diet, of course. :D

  4. #24
    Frozen Fury JACKPOT!! dgrycan's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    10,274
    Liked
    74 times
    Karma
    1030000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gescom View Post
    i agree

    some of you guys must remember, Las Vegas is and has become one of THE most important places to eat in the world... their restaurants DO rival.
    I'm certainly not going to argue this, but at the same time, there are some places that I've been too that I've been very unimpressed with - almost as if they use Vegas, a fancy name, and rafter-high prices to justify what they shipping out one door of a multi-function kitchen.

  5. #25
    I'm Cultured, Bitch ianmonsta's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,468
    Liked
    146 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    the village pub in henderson

  6. #26
    1st Scoring Line Catman39's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2,134
    Liked
    8 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    We always got to Batista's Hole in the Wall for lunch and ALWAYS hit up Craftsteak @ MGM.

    If your looking for another GREAT Steakhouse try Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse on Paradise.

  7. #27
    One Marmot, Two Cups darby's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,817
    Liked
    496 times
    Karma
    1094400
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)

    Default

    God, the end of September's gonna be an expensive 10 days....


    "Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

  8. #28
    Thanks for the memories Unruely35's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,170
    Liked
    90 times
    Karma
    1015000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    Fix.


    I spent $15 on a caesar salad a year and a half ago, but it was the best salad we have ever had. To this DAY my husband compares all caesar salads to it.. takes three bites, calls them donkey poo and reminisces about that damned lettuce wedge.

  9. #29
    1st Scoring Line Catman39's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2,134
    Liked
    8 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unruely35 View Post
    Fix.


    I spent $15 on a caesar salad a year and a half ago, but it was the best salad we have ever had. To this DAY my husband compares all caesar salads to it.. takes three bites, calls them donkey poo and reminisces about that damned lettuce wedge.
    Was it a caesar or wedge with crumbled blue cheese on top?

    I love the lettuce wedge...

  10. #30
    THE BIG MORT DIZZLE spjon25's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    6,811
    Liked
    54 times
    Karma
    1021200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

    Default

    Remember if you go to FIX, go in the back, and get a stack of plates and start breaking them. When they ask you to leave tell them "It's okay I can do this...I'm Greek"

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27