August 18th, 2013, 04:41 PM #31
They don't have pork butts or brisket. FAIL
April 7th, 2014, 11:12 AM #32
April 10th, 2014, 11:21 AM #33
After having some time with Amazon Fresh, how do you guys feel about it now? And am I correct in assuming that the $300 annual price also includes Prime from regular Amazon (so it's $200 over just having a Prime account)?
April 10th, 2014, 12:19 PM #34
Good to know. Let me know when they will deliver, and I will graciously intercept for you...
Originally Posted by BeerMan
April 10th, 2014, 01:49 PM #35
I am unfamiliar with Huntington Meats. Where is it?
April 10th, 2014, 04:11 PM #36
Looks like it's in Farmer's Market. Fairfax and 3rd.
Originally Posted by vrmdlm
April 10th, 2014, 04:32 PM #37
As for the charge, that appears to be the case. My membership is currently listed as Prime Fresh.
Originally Posted by VF
As for the service…
- Very convenient to have grocery and other items just show up at the doorstep.
- Can frequently order by 10PM and have items before 7AM. Sometimes delivery window is full, so cannot be done. Also note that if you are ordering specialty items to be picked up from a local business partner (such as the butcher), you need to allow for an extra day.
- Some grocery items that would never be carried by my local grocer are available.
- Refrigerated items still cooled by frozen Aquafina bottles. Hey! Free water!
- Some regular Amazon items (if they're available in a nearby warehouse, I suppose) will be delivered for FREE same day or next day! This is a cool one that I didn't expect until I ordered an Automatic while I was at work, and it had already been delivered to me by the time I got home.
- Thus far, everything I've received from them has been very good quality.
- Although they do have some obscure item choices, they also don't carry a lot of things, so it does not necessarily eliminate grocery shopping altogether.
- While prices are not outrageous, they are also much higher than sale items at the local market.
I'm going to give it nearly the full year before I evaluate whether the convenience is good value for the membership fee and tips. If I can think of anything to add, I'll either edit this post or create a new post.
June 3rd, 2014, 09:46 AM #38
Having this service for a while now, I would agree with everything above. I am curious to hear though what other peoples incorrect / incomplete order rate is though. It seems about half of our orders have a problem of some kind. Some are "acceptable" in that you place the order, then when they send you the conformation, it is noted that they can't fill certain item (for a company that is so good at logistics, this seems silly). Most often though, they forget a tote, give us the wrong tote, or items have gone missing from the order (I have seen both were we were charged, and other times where the item just no longer shows on the order). The one benefit of this is that when this happens, they will usually credit you $35 so you can replace the order for the missing items. With this we have been able to recoup about 70% of the cost of Amazon Fresh over Amazon Prime so far.