Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 101
  1. #31
    2nd Scoring Line nick_nautious's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    651
    Liked
    97 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    after a few days with bulleit.. im not actually a fan... id rather pay the same amount (or slightly less) for makers mark... or more for woodford. just not my flavor

  2. #32
    4th Line Rabble-Rouser beedee's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,298
    Liked
    2823 times
    Karma
    22301955
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

    Default

    i do much prefer my woodford over my bulleit as well.

  3. #33
    2nd Scoring Line nick_nautious's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    651
    Liked
    97 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    after being disappointed with the bulleit, i got last week, went out and got a bottle of Buffalo Trace... took a sip just now and im looking forward to watching the kings game tonight with it

  4. #34
    1st Scoring Line kingsfan32's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,232
    Liked
    523 times
    Karma
    20415734
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nick_nautious View Post
    after being disappointed with the bulleit, i got last week, went out and got a bottle of Buffalo Trace... took a sip just now and im looking forward to watching the kings game tonight with it
    Buffalo Trace for $20 a bottle is one of the best deals ever.

  5. #35
    2nd Scoring Line nick_nautious's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    651
    Liked
    97 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    really enjoying the buffalo trace with one ice cube, i usually prefer neat, but with it a little chilled makes it pretty amazing, and yea the price was excellent. would highly recommened it

  6. #36
    4th Line Rabble-Rouser beedee's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,298
    Liked
    2823 times
    Karma
    22301955
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

    Default

    i need to pick up a bottle of the BT soon!

  7. #37
    2nd Scoring Line




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    264
    Liked
    17 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingsfan32 View Post
    Buffalo Trace for $20 a bottle is one of the best deals ever.
    Hard to argue with that. Wild Turkey 101 at $15 is up there too.

  8. #38
    Team LGK OTTo VoN BLoTTo's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,766
    Liked
    136 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

    Default

    It's interesting how polarizing Bulleit is. Some absolutely swear by it, but like you guys it's never been the whiskey for me. Just a matter of taste I suppose.


    By the way, I posted this in the cocktail thread a few minutes ago, but if you haven't already tried a rye whiskey+ginger ale+squeeze of lime concoction, it's an absolute marvel of flavor harmony and just f'ing mindblowingly delicious. As a rye fanatic I'm embarrassed it's taken me this long to get to it, but on the upside the future is bright!!

  9. #39
    2nd Scoring Line nick_nautious's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    651
    Liked
    97 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    buffalo trace bottle done with... was lucky enough to find Wild Turkey Rare Breed at my bevmo... a bit strong but VERY flavorful give it my thumbs up. its a real kick in the nuts at 54% alcohol but with a few ice cubes its very nice..... anyone had the Maker's 46? me liking maker's mark quite a bit i have still yet to try it.

  10. #40
    1st Scoring Line kingsfan32's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,232
    Liked
    523 times
    Karma
    20415734
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OTTo VoN BLoTTo View Post
    It's interesting how polarizing Bulleit is. Some absolutely swear by it, but like you guys it's never been the whiskey for me. Just a matter of taste I suppose.


    By the way, I posted this in the cocktail thread a few minutes ago, but if you haven't already tried a rye whiskey+ginger ale+squeeze of lime concoction, it's an absolute marvel of flavor harmony and just f'ing mindblowingly delicious. As a rye fanatic I'm embarrassed it's taken me this long to get to it, but on the upside the future is bright!!
    That is a great drink. I also recommend to try it with ginger beer instead of ginger ale (it's not really beer so I am not sure why they call it that). This drink made with vodka is called a Moscow Mule. When it is made with bourbon, it is called a Kentucky Mule. If you want to go fancy, it should be served in a copper mug.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •