March 3rd, 2010, 02:04 PM
Another Item of Bacon Goodness...Slavinken
Slavinken, = ground meat (Pork) wrapped in bacon, is a very traditional Dutch dinner dish, usually served with boiled potatoes and veggies.
A Dutch friend turned me on to this recently...
* 1 lb ground pork (455 g)
* 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 tbsp dried)
* 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme (or 1 tbsp dried)
* 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil (or 1 tbsp dried)
* 2 tbsp fresh marjoram (or 1 tbsp dried)
* Salt & pepper
* 6 extra large slices of rindless streaky bacon or prosciutto
* 1 tsp butter
Mix the ground pork and herbs. Add salt and pepper (don't add too much salt, because the bacon is salty).
Wet your hands and form small sausages with the ground pork mix. Wrap the bacon around it, tucking in the ends, to form sausage-shaped parcels.
Melt the butter in a frying pan, and fry the slavinken over a medium heat for approximately 15 minutes. Serve with green beans, boiled potatoes rolled in butter & parsley and a gravy.
Makes 6 slavinken.