tell 'em Obejuan
tell 'em Obejuan
Because of this thread, I went to Carl's Jr today. I now mildly regret that decision.
Watti, did you get the Guacamole Bacon or Bourbon $6 burger though ?
I like how this thread has morphed into a shrine of Padma. Keep em coming boys.
Speaking of overtly sexual advertising, I know you've seen the Joe's Crab Shack commercials during the Kings broadcasts.
There was one where the guy was sitting behind the girl, using his arms to replace her arms like she didnt know how to crack a crab or something. The guy just happened to use her tucked in napkin to wipe his hands, basically rubbing her breast.
When i was a kid I loved 3 things from Carls Jr : The California Roast Beef, The Charbroiled Steak Sandwich, their skinny crinkle fries that i think were actually capsule that were add with oil, later changed in 80's til now, and the closest now i find to their old fries are at Del Taco.
As for fast food now i rate In N Out 1st, their fries rock and extra good well done animal style. Carls Jr Number 2, always like Famous or Super Star, and those little Chocolate cakes with the butter icing have never changed and a nice treat. McDonalds is 3rd, i used to love 1/4lb ith cheese as a kid but just dont likem much anymore, but Chicken mcNuggets always a guilty pleasure, and for budget reason i can get a whole meal and dessert off the 1dollar menu for about $5(including a side salad, drink, burger or two, ususally i create the spicy chicken-McDouble cheese burger, and a sunday or apple pie) A side note on current McD apple pie is not as used to be made, the crist was flaky-er, which i think has been reincarnated in Taco Bell's current Apple Empanada
ok, here are my thoughts on the subject
1) hot chicks & burgers seem like water & oil, but they aren't. They rule as a team! And here's my logic.
a) most women don't like red meat. I say this because I worked in the food industry for 15 years. Very few women eat red meat, so showing commercials of (attractive) women may make them rethink their stance on the consumption of cow.
b) Most men love red meat, and most men love hot chicks. So the commercials are a win-win for the guys. And guys are the target demographic for the commercials.
2) $6 Burger is just fantastic. Yes I realize that they pre-cook the burger, but I dont care.
3) Am I the only one who thinks In-N-Out is overrated? I have one within a minute's walk from my pad, and I have been there twice in two years. I drive by and smell the grilled onions, and then I think of how much better a $6 burger is, and I drive there instead.
4) Chic-Fil-A = sac-o-$h!t This is the worst excuse for a chicken sandwich out there. Pickles on a fried chicken sandwich? WTF?
5) JITB has survived off of its tacos and funny ad campaigns for too long. Their food is meh. The guy who does the voice of Jack is funny though. Jack was spot on and funny as hell on the Adam Carolla Podcast.
6) Burger King is like Jack without the funny ads and wonderful tacos. In other words they suck!
In general, I'd have to say Carl's Jr beats all of them.
Now if we compare the Counter to Carl's Jr, there is no question that the Counter would win.