December 27th, 2007, 02:50 PM #1
food processor/crock pots
i got one for xmas anybody got any good salsa or dip or hummus recipes?
also i think im getting a crock pot, so any recipes for that would be rad as well
December 27th, 2007, 03:16 PM #2
Oh dude. I have some kickass crock pot recipes for you. Beef & Guinness Stew, Chicken & Dumplings, Pork Roast with caramelized onions, Beef Burgundy.
I'll have to wait until I get home to post them, though. My recipe book is at home.
December 27th, 2007, 03:18 PM #3
ut oh, Sticky Crocker in teh house!!!
December 27th, 2007, 03:24 PM #4
Originally Posted by Sticky
beef and guinness stew? youre gonna make this irish boy very happy, throw in some potatos and im set
December 27th, 2007, 03:34 PM #5
There are potatoes in there. Oh man, it's SO GOOD. You will be very, very happy with the recipe.
Originally Posted by imamonsta
December 27th, 2007, 03:46 PM #6
December 27th, 2007, 03:55 PM #7
i'm waiting in line for this as well! All this sounds so good, I've been experimenting with the crockpot but would love a good recipe or two.
December 27th, 2007, 04:07 PM #8
ooh ooh, i make a lot of stuff in my crockpot. i love it. i have a few recipes too. i'm at my mom's for the holidays, but i'll post when i get the chance.
really easy bean dip that is amazing, but sounds kinda gross:
canned refried bean, cream cheese, and velveta cheese.
for a large pot its something like 2 cans of beans, two blocks of cream cheese, and one block velveta. i promise its good.
also, the easiest thing you can do is dry rub on whole chickens. you can't really mess it up and i've used toooons of different seasonings. paprika, onion and garlic powder, cayan pepper, salt and pepper rubbed on the outside, under the skin and in the cavity... chop an onion and put half in pot and half in cavity. DELISH!
happy eating. i'll post some actual recipes and measurements later if any of you still want.
January 2nd, 2008, 07:49 AM #9
Sorry it took so long, but here's the recipe I promised!
Beef Guinness Stew
3.5 lbs boneless beef chuck stew meat
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 onions, chopped
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 cups Guinness Draught (not the extra stout)
1 tbsp light brown sugar
1 tsp dried thyme
1 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 bay leaves
5 carrots, peeled and cut into 1" chunks
1 lb parsnips, peeled and cut into 1" chunks
1 1/2 lb baby red potatoes, scrubbed clean cut into 1" chunks
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp minced parsley (fresh)
- Pat beef dry with paper towels and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking.
- Cook half of beef until browned on all-sides, about 8 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker insert and repeat with additional 2 tsp oil and remaining beef.
- Add remaining 2 tsp oil, onions, and 1/4 tsp salt to skillet and cook until onions are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth and 1 1/4 cups stout.
- Add sugar, thyme, chocolate and bay leaves.
- Bring to boil using wooden spoon to scrape up browned bits.
- Transfer to slow cooker and add carrots, parsnips, and potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low until meat is tender, 9-10 hours (or cook on hight for 6-7 hours).
- Set slow cooker to high.
- Whisk flour and remaining 1/4 cup beer until smooth.
- Stir mixture into slow cooker. Cook, covered, until sauce thickens, about 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves from stew. Stir in parsley, season with salt and pepper. Serve!
January 2nd, 2008, 11:10 AM #10
Originally Posted by Sticky
Sounds great! Can you post your other recipes that you mentioned above?