Click Here!
Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 418
Like Tree452Likes

Thread: Foodies, Post Pics of Your Food!!!

  1. #111
    RANGZ aaron's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,996
    Liked
    724 times
    Karma
    2085754
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    310 Post(s)

    Default

    I would demolish that dessert bar. good lord.
    not a seafood fan though. especially on a buffet. But that one looks quality.

    lunchbox,
    as long as one eats what one takes, I don't see a problem with piling high and deep. but I'm not one for moderation in all things. (have not been to a buffet in a decade)

  2. #112
    All Star Fisch's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,530
    Liked
    375 times
    Karma
    1163474
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

    Default

    I'm not a huge buffet guy either anymore but if it's a quality one I don't mind.
    I don't go to them in Vegas or the semi popular asian one "Todai" because the miasma of food smells mixing together is kind of sickening on such large scales.

  3. #113
    fantastic hair. lunchbox's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,486
    Liked
    1259 times
    Karma
    1125100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    I would demolish that dessert bar. good lord.
    not a seafood fan though. especially on a buffet. But that one looks quality.

    lunchbox,
    as long as one eats what one takes, I don't see a problem with piling high and deep. but I'm not one for moderation in all things. (have not been to a buffet in a decade)
    oh, my relatives eat what they take also. i just find the glut of food to be disgusting, but that's a personal thing coming from someone who's super conscious about not getting fat. my cousin has no qualms about stuffing himself and his tiny french wife asked me to ask him to cut it out because he was getting fat. hahahaha.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fisch View Post
    I'm not a huge buffet guy either anymore but if it's a quality one I don't mind.
    I don't go to them in Vegas or the semi popular asian one "Todai" because the miasma of food smells mixing together is kind of sickening on such large scales.
    that is a good point. for me, i don't like todai and similar places like it because i don't trust the subpar sushi they serve sitting out at close to room temperature. my mother-in-law is retired and she's not asian, but she used to go to these things to save a buck and then she'd get sick and wonder why. duhhhhhh... when it comes to raw fish, you can't really do that.
    the stuff at the park hyatt looks good though. they even had a seaweed salad if i'm seeing correctly, no?

    i mean, if you've read anthony bourdain's "kitchen confidential", that's enough to make you want to avoid the typical buffet as it is!

  4. #114
    Da Great One borinka99's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    6,789
    Liked
    107 times
    Karma
    4000000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

    Default

    How much was that buffet Fisch.

    As for todai...:blehhh: haha

  5. #115
    All Star Fisch's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,530
    Liked
    375 times
    Karma
    1163474
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by borinka99 View Post
    How much was that buffet Fisch.

    As for todai...:blehhh: haha
    I don't know the cost, it was a family party so I didn't pay the bill. I imagine around $75+ though.
    borinka99 likes this.

  6. #116
    fantastic hair. lunchbox's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,486
    Liked
    1259 times
    Karma
    1125100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisch View Post
    I don't know the cost, it was a family party so I didn't pay the bill. I imagine around $75+ though.
    can i say it again? dear fisch's family, adopt me! kplzthxbai!
    borinka99 likes this.

  7. #117
    All Star Fisch's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,530
    Liked
    375 times
    Karma
    1163474
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    oh, my relatives eat what they take also. i just find the glut of food to be disgusting, but that's a personal thing coming from someone who's super conscious about not getting fat. my cousin has no qualms about stuffing himself and his tiny french wife asked me to ask him to cut it out because he was getting fat. hahahaha.




    that is a good point. for me, i don't like todai and similar places like it because i don't trust the subpar sushi they serve sitting out at close to room temperature. my mother-in-law is retired and she's not asian, but she used to go to these things to save a buck and then she'd get sick and wonder why. duhhhhhh... when it comes to raw fish, you can't really do that.
    the stuff at the park hyatt looks good though. they even had a seaweed salad if i'm seeing correctly, no?

    i mean, if you've read anthony bourdain's "kitchen confidential", that's enough to make you want to avoid the typical buffet as it is!
    yeah, I don't trust buffet/all-you-can-eat/discount sushi...mainly because of quality of fish but partly because it just isn't made well with the rice being the bad part.
    I'll eat the sashimi over the sushi because of the rice...as long as it's chilled and not sitting for too long.

    Even if the buffet is top notch if there's too many choices of food from different nationalities the smell is uhrrgg. That's why I don't go to the large Vegas ones.

    I like brunches and seafood buffets, things that are a bit more singular in focus.

  8. #118
    Dolphins Hate Sharks! orpheus's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17,014
    Liked
    7834 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    407 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisch View Post
    yeah, I don't trust buffet/all-you-can-eat/discount sushi...mainly because of quality of fish but partly because it just isn't made well with the rice being the bad part.
    I'll eat the sashimi over the sushi because of the rice...as long as it's chilled and not sitting for too long.

    Even if the buffet is top notch if there's too many choices of food from different nationalities the smell is uhrrgg. That's why I don't go to the large Vegas ones.

    I like brunches and seafood buffets, things that are a bit more singular in focus.
    I agree. Sushi and Mexican food share one thing. If you go to a cheap place, you might save money, but you will end up paying for it by spending the night in the bathroom. lol!

  9. #119
    All Star Fisch's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,530
    Liked
    375 times
    Karma
    1163474
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

    Default

    Sam Choy's Breakfast, Lunch & Crab: Hawaii
    Oysters on the Half Shell


    Sam Choy's Breakfast, Lunch & Crab: Hawaii
    Alaskan King Crab


    Sam Choy's Breakfast, Lunch & Crab: Hawaii
    Snow Crab
    ICHockeyPeeps likes this.

  10. #120
    All Star Fisch's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,530
    Liked
    375 times
    Karma
    1163474
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

    Default

    Mitsuwa Market: Claremont Mesa, San Diego:
    Tonkatsu


    Hale Vietnam: Kaimuki, Hawaii
    Seafood Chow-Mein


    Hale Vietnam: Kaimuki, Hawaii
    Grilled Pork Chops
    lunchbox and ICHockeyPeeps like this.

Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83