Grilled Duck Breast Tacos
Here is Weber's BBQ recipe of the week.
Duck Breast Tacos
with Sour Orange-Onion Salsa
Recipe from Weber’s Way to Grill™ by Jamie Purviance
Serves: 4 to 6
Prep time: 30 minutes
Way to grill: direct medium heat (350° to 450°F)
Grilling time: about 9 minutes
4 boneless duck breast halves, 4 to 6 ounces each
2 tablespoons kosher salt
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 cups thinly sliced red onion
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup finely chopped poblano chile pepper
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Extra-virgin olive oil
16 corn tortillas (7 inches)
1 ripe Hass avocado, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup thinly sliced red radish
1-1/2 cups finely sliced napa cabbage (Chinese cabbage)
1. Using a small, sharp knife, remove and discard the thick
layer of fat and skin from the duck breasts.
2. In a large bowl mix the salt and sugar, and then add the
breasts and turn to coat them. Let the breasts stand at room
temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before grilling, turning the
breasts over once or twice.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine the
onion, orange and lime juices, chile, sugar, and salt. Cook
until most of the liquid evaporates, 15 to 18 minutes, stirring
occasionally to avoid any burning. Remove from the heat and
stir in the cilantro.
4. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat.
5. Pat the breasts dry and generously coat them on both sides
6. Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the breasts over direct
medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until
lightly browned on each side and still rosy pink in the center,
about 8 minutes, turning once. Transfer to a cutting board and,
while the duck rests, grill the tortillas.
7. Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the tortillas over direct
medium heat for about 10 seconds on each side. Stack the
grilled, hot tortillas and wrap them in a thick kitchen towel (or
put them in an insulated tortilla server).
8. Thinly slice the duck and serve with the warm tortillas, salsa,
avocado, radish, and cabbage.