Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 156
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hatter's Humidor - ***The Official CIGAR Thread***

  1. #41
    All Star Fisch's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,006
    Liked
    273 times
    Karma
    1208532
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eyesk8r View Post
    that should be enough, the cup of water is only used if you have a hard time calibrating your hygrometer. a good test to make sure your humidor is air tight is to close the lid with a dollar bill sticking half out, pull on the bill lightly, if it slides right out its not a tight seal but if you can feel some friction the seal is tight.
    You don't want it too tight, just enough to maintain humidity and temperature. Cigars need to "breathe".

  2. #42
    Hall of Famer Hatter's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    25,908
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    #1 ok so lets get down to brass tacks. who wither a) has some cubans for me or b) has friends somewhere that can get us some.




    #2And while we are at it lets set up some box splits of some good cigars.

    Who is down?

  3. #43
    FBJ
    FBJ is offline
    LGK's Red Baron FBJ's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    20,269
    Liked
    19399 times
    Karma
    105193176
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    221 Post(s)

    Default

    Just saw this thread.

    I love a good cigar. But I gave them up a couple years ago for a couple reasons I won't get into here. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer for those that still partake.

    My all-time favorites are La Diva (which to my understanding are no longer in production). They were cured in old Cognac barrels, from what I remember. Smooth smoke with a bit of a spicy edge to them. If you can find them, I'd highly recommend you pick up a couple. I also liked Cuesta Rey, Ashtons, A. Fuentes Hemmingway Short Story, and Macanudo.

    Now I want a smoke.

    Damn you all.

    HUMIDOR FOR SALE!!
    Last edited by FBJ; September 30th, 2007 at 09:30 PM.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap. Life is priceless.


  4. #44
    Hall of Famer Hatter's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    25,908
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyBoeingJets View Post
    Just saw this thread.

    I love a good cigar. But I gave them up a couple years ago for a couple reasons I won't get into here. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer for those that still partake.

    My all-time favorites are La Diva (which to my understanding are no longer in production). They were cured in old Cognac barrels, from what I remember. Smooth smoke with a bit of a spicy edge to them. If you can find them, I'd highly recommend you pick up a couple. I also liked Cuesta Rey, Ashtons, A. Fuentes Hemmingway Short Story, and Macanudo.

    Now I want a smoke.

    Damn you all.

    HUMIDOR FOR SALE!!
    DIBS on the humidor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  5. #45
    FBJ
    FBJ is offline
    LGK's Red Baron FBJ's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    20,269
    Liked
    19399 times
    Karma
    105193176
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    221 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    DIBS on the humidor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'll throw a pic of it up here in a couple days. Heading back out early in the morning for the second half of our vacation.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap. Life is priceless.


  6. #46
    FBJ
    FBJ is offline
    LGK's Red Baron FBJ's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    20,269
    Liked
    19399 times
    Karma
    105193176
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    221 Post(s)

    Default

    Incidently, in case all you aficionados haven't seen them:



    These things do a KILLER job of keeping cigars fresh. They're easier to deal with than a standard humidifier. They're reusable but cheap enough to replace them every month or so. I used these things almost exclusively. Soak one in distilled water for twenty seconds or so and it soaks up enough moisture to keep em nice for up to 60 days. Just drop them back in their special bag and drop them into the humidor.

    Your local cigar shop should have them.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap. Life is priceless.


  7. #47
    Hell yes. UnholyGoalie's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,656
    Liked
    583 times
    Karma
    1086200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    #1 ok so lets get down to brass tacks. who wither a) has some cubans for me or b) has friends somewhere that can get us some.




    #2And while we are at it lets set up some box splits of some good cigars.

    Who is down?
    BTW, all of these things pertaining to ISOMs should be done via PM, as it is against the law for U.S. citizens to buy or even hold such contraband.

  8. #48
    Hall of Famer Hatter's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    25,908
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    yeah, so anyone with ISOMs PM me

  9. #49
    Chipping for par lath19's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,319
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyBoeingJets View Post
    Incidently, in case all you aficionados haven't seen them:



    These things do a KILLER job of keeping cigars fresh. They're easier to deal with than a standard humidifier. They're reusable but cheap enough to replace them every month or so. I used these things almost exclusively. Soak one in distilled water for twenty seconds or so and it soaks up enough moisture to keep em nice for up to 60 days. Just drop them back in their special bag and drop them into the humidor.

    Your local cigar shop should have them.
    I use the silica beeds for my humidor but have some of those for my travel humi. They do work really well.

  10. #50
    Chipping for par lath19's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,319
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *BLoTTo* View Post
    Question: do you guys store with or without the plastic wrappers? It looks like Lath19 takes his off, but I've read that some like to leave them on and even cut the tip through the wrapper. Any thoughts?
    While I do take most of them off there are times where I leave them on. Just happened to be only a handful of smokes with the wrappers on at the time I took the picture. The only thing I worry about would be cigars mixing flavors. The bottom two shelves of cigars are separated into groups of like kind cigars. The top row is a mix but I go through them pretty quickly so there isn't a huge need for me to worry about flavors mixing.

    Congrats on the humi. Make sure you season it properly. I know the first thing you want to do is stick new cigars in there but have some patience. It will be better in the long run.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28