Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42
  1. #11
    Mr. Irreverent
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    if this is the same javier's they have at the spectrum, then i can back that one up in saying it is indeed yummy. i got the crab enchiladas. it was GOOD.

    my old girlfriends used to go to the quiet woman because they lived a few blocks away in CDM. i never went with though since i always got stuck at work late. but oh the stories, i heard...

    most of the places i go to in OC are hole in the wall joints so i don't really have anything special to recommend otherwise.
    oh, there is a new area in irvine on jamboree and barranca called the district that has a few good restaurants that my friends and i meet up at for happy hours now. it's right before the tustin marketplace.

  2. #12
    you rollin dirty? ketel&tonic's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,088
    Liked
    341 times
    Karma
    1006100
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    if this is the same javier's they have at the spectrum, then i can back that one up in saying it is indeed yummy. i got the crab enchiladas. it was GOOD.

    my old girlfriends used to go to the quiet woman because they lived a few blocks away in CDM. i never went with though since i always got stuck at work late. but oh the stories, i heard...

    most of the places i go to in OC are hole in the wall joints so i don't really have anything special to recommend otherwise.
    oh, there is a new area in irvine on jamboree and barranca called the district that has a few good restaurants that my friends and i meet up at for happy hours now. it's right before the tustin marketplace.
    It is indeed the same Javier's. I think the Laguna location closed and they kinda "moved" to Crystal Cove. Not 100% sure though. I went to the Laguna one once after a day of Temecula winery hopping in a limo which was topped off by a quick stop for some herbal refreshment before dinner. I ate my entire plate of food in less than 5 minutes. I don't even remember what I ordered. One friend remembers me getting my food, she went to use the restroom, when she came back my plate was all but licked clean. LOL! The dish I usually get there now, I can't remember what it's called at the moment, but it's beef sauteed with green onions and cilantro...and it's SOOOOOOOOOO good.

    A couple friends have been to the Irish pub at the District, I don't know the name. I've only stopped at the Chick-fil-a there. There's a ton of stuff there though, no?

  3. #13
    fantastic hair. lunchbox's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,797
    Liked
    833 times
    Karma
    1296545
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    222 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ketel&tonic View Post
    It is indeed the same Javier's. I think the Laguna location closed and they kinda "moved" to Crystal Cove. Not 100% sure though. I went to the Laguna one once after a day of Temecula winery hopping in a limo which was topped off by a quick stop for some herbal refreshment before dinner. I ate my entire plate of food in less than 5 minutes. I don't even remember what I ordered. One friend remembers me getting my food, she went to use the restroom, when she came back my plate was all but licked clean. LOL! The dish I usually get there now, I can't remember what it's called at the moment, but it's beef sauteed with green onions and cilantro...and it's SOOOOOOOOOO good.

    A couple friends have been to the Irish pub at the District, I don't know the name. I've only stopped at the Chick-fil-a there. There's a ton of stuff there though, no?
    ya, mine were called enchiladas del mar (you can either get shrimp, crab or both. but yes, mr. i, i got crab.)


    i always get lost driving around the district, but ya, there's a lot of stuff there.
    we've only been to ra sushi and bluewater grill. we just had a happy hour at the latter for my bday. i shared oyster shooters, crab and artichoke dip, salt and pepper shrimp and calamari fritti with my friends. that place make their drinks STRONG, so that's another plus.

  4. #14
    Genghis John
    Guest

    Default

    Panini on MacArthur and Campus/Birch

  5. #15
    I'm Back Homer Simpson's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    4,537
    Liked
    265 times
    Karma
    4038400
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

    Default

    Tommy's
    La Fondue
    Stone Brewery I heard their mac and cheese rocks.
    Pizza Port
    Las Brisas-Overrated but out of towners might like it.
    The Yard House

  6. #16
    Team LGK Chateau Bow Wow's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    839
    Liked
    67 times
    Karma
    1000300000
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    i
    oh, there is a new area in irvine on jamboree and barranca called the district that has a few good restaurants that my friends and i meet up at for happy hours now. it's right before the tustin marketplace.
    That is where the Winery is located.

    The District Tustin Legacy - Shop, Dine, & Play

  7. #17
    you rollin dirty? ketel&tonic's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,088
    Liked
    341 times
    Karma
    1006100
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingsJohn/Obediah View Post
    Panini on MacArthur and Campus/Birch
    Oh and the douchebag trendies like that sushi place/club right there next to it. What the hell is it called? Tentation or something stupid like that.

    Melting Pot on Jamboree. Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese.

  8. #18
    Genghis John
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ketel&tonic View Post
    Oh and the douchebag trendies like that sushi place/club right there next to it. What the hell is it called? Tentation or something stupid like that.

    Melting Pot on Jamboree. Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese.
    It's all one big building

    Panini
    A restaurant is called Ten Asian Bistro
    Then the nightclub Tentation

    TEN Asian Bistro & Sushi - Newport Beach, CA

  9. #19
    I'm Back Homer Simpson's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    4,537
    Liked
    265 times
    Karma
    4038400
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ketel&tonic View Post
    Oh and the douchebag trendies like that sushi place/club right there next to it. What the hell is it called? Tentation or something stupid like that.

    Melting Pot on Jamboree. Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese.
    La Fondue is better than the Melting Pot.

  10. #20
    Genghis John
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by homersimps View Post
    La Fondue is better than the Melting Pot.
    Even though Homer tortures kittens, he is correct here.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28