Click Here!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Jersey Mike Subs anyone?

  1. #11
    2nd Scoring Line kingkrazy's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    975
    Liked
    40 times
    Karma
    1015100
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drum4Pigs View Post
    They opened a Jersey Mike's in Camarillo a couple of years ago. My boss would drive there at least once a week from Thousand Oaks. They opened one up in Westlake, and I'm sure he eats there at least three times per week.

    We used to go to Dan's quite a bit, but the two sub shops are just different. Get a #13 at Jersey Mike's (Italian Cold Cuts), and get it "Mike's Way". Simply awesome! Get a #32 at Dan's Super Subs (smoked turkey breast) - another one that can't be beat. But again, they're different...my boss claims it's the water used to make the bread. Jersey Mike's gets their dough from the East Coast, so their bread tastes better. <shrug>
    What do they do different making it Mikes way?.

    Anyone remember the Nautalist on Cherry, just south of South street in Long Beach? Small place originaly opened by my Grandparents probably 30 to 35 years ago. I'm bias, but I've never had a sandwhich that good. According to them, hoagies are in a different league back there.

  2. #12
    Power Down, Guy! Drum4Pigs's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    2,336
    Liked
    215 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingkrazy View Post
    What do they do different making it Mikes way?.

    Anyone remember the Nautalist on Cherry, just south of South street in Long Beach? Small place originaly opened by my Grandparents probably 30 to 35 years ago. I'm bias, but I've never had a sandwhich that good. According to them, hoagies are in a different league back there.
    Now don't get me wrong. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to Mayo and Mustard on a sub sandwich. However, Mike's Way strays from that and offers a crapload of the following ingredients:

    onions, lettuce, tomatoes, red wine vinegar, olive oil blend, and spices.

    Their spices, coupled with the olive oil blend & red wine vinegar tastes amazing. You definitely need a few napkins to finish one off, though...a bit of a wet sandwich. I saved half of one for dinner last week (loving every minute of it), but that thing was almost soggy.

    Linky Linky - Jersey Mikey's
    Last edited by Drum4Pigs; December 12th, 2007 at 08:55 PM.

  3. #13
    2nd Scoring Line kingkrazy's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    975
    Liked
    40 times
    Karma
    1015100
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drum4Pigs View Post
    Now don't get me wrong. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to Mayo and Mustard on a sub sandwich. However, Mike's Way strays from that and offers a crapload of the following ingredients:

    onions, lettuce, tomatoes, red wine vinegar, olive oil blend, and spices.

    Their spices, coupled with the olive oil blend & red wine vinegar tastes amazing. You definitely need a few napkins to finish one off, though...a bit of a wet sandwich. I saved half of one for dinner last week (loving every minute of it), but that thing was almost soggy.

    Linky Linky - Jersey Mikey's
    That sounds delicious!!. I can see that there is no way you could get that to go.

  4. #14
    Thread killer.. grncobra's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    985
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Jersey Mikes is yummy! I have it 1 week straight 2 times a year because of the stupid High Point furniture show in North Carolina. Mike's way is the best and for some reason after a week straight I still want another. Sort of like the Jack and the Box tacos they are so bad but so addicting.

  5. #15
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,098
    Liked
    7436 times
    Karma
    1416594
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)

    Default

    OK...yes...it is Jersey Mikes so I am kinda their target audience...but for the love of Jeebus...these are some awesome sandwiches. Provolone...prosciutttini...cappacoula...
    This place ****ing rocks!!!!!!! ooofa oil/vinegar!!!!!Amazing

  6. #16
    1st Scoring Line




    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,415
    Liked
    8 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drum4Pigs View Post
    They opened a Jersey Mike's in Camarillo a couple of years ago. My boss would drive there at least once a week from Thousand Oaks. They opened one up in Westlake, and I'm sure he eats there at least three times per week.

    We used to go to Dan's quite a bit, but the two sub shops are just different. Get a #13 at Jersey Mike's (Italian Cold Cuts), and get it "Mike's Way". Simply awesome! Get a #32 at Dan's Super Subs (smoked turkey breast) - another one that can't be beat. But again, they're different...my boss claims it's the water used to make the bread. Jersey Mike's gets their dough from the East Coast, so their bread tastes better. <shrug>
    Totally agree. #13 is the best, especially "Mikes way". There's one on El Toro in Laguna Hills.

  7. #17
    Go Tanner Go! roenick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,047
    Liked
    1528 times
    Karma
    1010000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

    Default

    We have a couple of these in our neck of the woods of Washington. We have been eating them for dinner once a week the last month. #13 Mikes Way is one of the best sandwiches I have had. Right up there with the Mario's Italian Deli (Glendale) Italian Sub.

  8. #18
    Thats my puck baby! HockeyMariner88's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,168
    Liked
    352 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Jersey Mikes = Dustin Brown.


    Overpriced and nothing special

  9. #19
    King of Swing BIG JOE's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,614
    Liked
    1171 times
    Karma
    1055000
    Images
    72
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

    Default

    Not a fan of Jersey Mikes. I get my subs from Cavaretas in West Hills.

  10. #20
    1st Scoring Line WingHater's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,226
    Liked
    161 times
    Karma
    65454485
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fansince67 View Post
    Totally agree. #13 is the best, especially "Mikes way". There's one on El Toro in Laguna Hills.

    There is also one just on the other side of the freeway on El Toro in Lake Forest.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28