Click Here!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Jersey Mike Subs anyone?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    2nd Scoring Line kingkrazy's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    987
    Liked
    39 times
    Karma
    1020100
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Default Jersey Mike Subs anyone?

    My brother just returned from Tennesse and ate here and said that their subs kicked anyone else out here to the curb. There's one in HB. Anyone tried it yet?

  2. #2
    #1 fan VEGASKING's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    2,993
    Liked
    41 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    They are slightly better than Subway etc.

    Capriotti's neeeds to open a lot more locations in California.

  3. #3
    All Star Fisch's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,008
    Liked
    273 times
    Karma
    1208532
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VEGASKING View Post
    They are slightly better than Subway etc.

    Capriotti's neeeds to open a lot more locations in California.
    I miss that place. The one down here in San Diego/Hillcrest closed down. I don't know if they moved somewhere else but it was the best local sub place to me.
    The Hillcrest location wasn't great for access so I can see why it folded.

  4. #4
    1st Scoring Line BleedingPurple's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,937
    Liked
    8 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Dan's Super Subs off Topanga. 'Nuff said!

    (I do like a Jersey Mike's sub though. The cheesesteak is good.)

  5. #5
    Go Tanner Go! roenick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,200
    Liked
    1233 times
    Karma
    172532594
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)

    Default

    DeSimone's in Huntington Beach. Trust me you will be very happy. Have a #1 (or whatever number the Italian is) or the Cuban special. Amazing ....

  6. #6
    THE BIG MORT DIZZLE spjon25's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    6,811
    Liked
    54 times
    Karma
    1021200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

    Default

    Busy Bee Market in San Pedro will PWN both of those...we are talking some kick ass serious food there. My fave is either the BBQ Chicken or the Belly Buster with Meatballs and Sausage

  7. #7
    Power Down, Guy! Drum4Pigs's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    2,336
    Liked
    120 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    They opened a Jersey Mike's in Camarillo a couple of years ago. My boss would drive there at least once a week from Thousand Oaks. They opened one up in Westlake, and I'm sure he eats there at least three times per week.

    We used to go to Dan's quite a bit, but the two sub shops are just different. Get a #13 at Jersey Mike's (Italian Cold Cuts), and get it "Mike's Way". Simply awesome! Get a #32 at Dan's Super Subs (smoked turkey breast) - another one that can't be beat. But again, they're different...my boss claims it's the water used to make the bread. Jersey Mike's gets their dough from the East Coast, so their bread tastes better. <shrug>

  8. #8
    Arrogant Ba$tard
    Guest

    Default

    A Jersey Mikes is opening in Foothill Ranch very soon. I'll have to check it out.

  9. #9
    2nd Scoring Line kingkrazy's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    987
    Liked
    39 times
    Karma
    1020100
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drum4Pigs View Post
    They opened a Jersey Mike's in Camarillo a couple of years ago. My boss would drive there at least once a week from Thousand Oaks. They opened one up in Westlake, and I'm sure he eats there at least three times per week.

    We used to go to Dan's quite a bit, but the two sub shops are just different. Get a #13 at Jersey Mike's (Italian Cold Cuts), and get it "Mike's Way". Simply awesome! Get a #32 at Dan's Super Subs (smoked turkey breast) - another one that can't be beat. But again, they're different...my boss claims it's the water used to make the bread. Jersey Mike's gets their dough from the East Coast, so their bread tastes better. <shrug>
    What do they do different making it Mikes way?.

    Anyone remember the Nautalist on Cherry, just south of South street in Long Beach? Small place originaly opened by my Grandparents probably 30 to 35 years ago. I'm bias, but I've never had a sandwhich that good. According to them, hoagies are in a different league back there.

  10. #10
    Power Down, Guy! Drum4Pigs's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    2,336
    Liked
    120 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingkrazy View Post
    What do they do different making it Mikes way?.

    Anyone remember the Nautalist on Cherry, just south of South street in Long Beach? Small place originaly opened by my Grandparents probably 30 to 35 years ago. I'm bias, but I've never had a sandwhich that good. According to them, hoagies are in a different league back there.
    Now don't get me wrong. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to Mayo and Mustard on a sub sandwich. However, Mike's Way strays from that and offers a crapload of the following ingredients:

    onions, lettuce, tomatoes, red wine vinegar, olive oil blend, and spices.

    Their spices, coupled with the olive oil blend & red wine vinegar tastes amazing. You definitely need a few napkins to finish one off, though...a bit of a wet sandwich. I saved half of one for dinner last week (loving every minute of it), but that thing was almost soggy.

    Linky Linky - Jersey Mikey's
    Last edited by Drum4Pigs; December 12th, 2007 at 08:55 PM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •