I made one a few years back. The only downfall it you have to drink so much beer. I know it sounds wierd, but if you like to have a beer every once in a while a kegerator isn't for you. And four different beers at one time. Thats a chore. You had better be having weekly parties where you collect a couple of bucks for the replacements.
Here is an easy way to get your beer on for cheap.
1) Buy a coffin style freezer. Buy one with a variable temperature gage on it so it can be barely above freezing. Freezer
2) Google kegerator, and you will get the chrome tower, tap head, tubes, sanke and CO2 canister. It should cost about $120 for it. Towers If you buy two of the dual pour towers, you can have four beer ontap at one time.
3) Go to a place that re-fills propane tanks. Not the gas station, but a compressed gas re-filling business. There is one near Placentia. Fill up the empty CO2 container that comes with the kit. Gas re-fill. This is where I got my tank filled.
4) Drill a couple of holes in the top of the freezer and screw on the towers (you don't need a link for this. If you do, your retarted!1!)
5) Buy four of you favorite kegs (make sure you have the correct sanky, english beers like Newcastle take a different type than american kegs) and tap em'.
Now that I've helped you, when do I get to come and taste the sweet nectar?