Click Here!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45

Thread: My fellow chocolatiers...

  1. #31
    fantastic hair. lunchbox's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,486
    Liked
    1259 times
    Karma
    1125100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OTTo VoN BLoTTo View Post
    Damn you. I still haven't found it. Pooey.
    i was just at hi times wine cellar and they have it also.
    you want mama box to send you a bar? if so, you know how to get in touch with me.

    i picked up something that i'll post in the single malt thread AND i got the vosges bacon & dark chocolate bar. gonna try it when i'm done with the sea salt bar. nom nom nom...

  2. #32
    Team LGK OTTo VoN BLoTTo's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,766
    Liked
    144 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    i was just at hi times wine cellar and they have it also.
    you want mama box to send you a bar? if so, you know how to get in touch with me.

    i picked up something that i'll post in the single malt thread AND i got the vosges bacon & dark chocolate bar. gonna try it when i'm done with the sea salt bar. nom nom nom...

    You're too sweet, Lunchie!! Ya know, it just occurred to me that I could maybe sprinkle a little good salt on a square of chocolate. It took me this long to think of that????

    Sure the Bacon chocolate bar has become a bit cliché, but no one can deny it's absolute DOMINATION with Scotch. Doesn't get much better than that.

    Or does it??:



    Got these as a gift on V-day, dusted off my best few bottles, and went straight into moaning convulsions of delight. An absolutely IN****INCREDIBLE harmony with the whisky, and a truly memorable taste experience. Of course the pre-dinner brownie still in full effect may have jacked up the euphoria a notch or two.

  3. #33
    All Star Dana's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    7,091
    Liked
    397 times
    Karma
    1015000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OTTo VoN BLoTTo View Post
    You're too sweet, Lunchie!! Ya know, it just occurred to me that I could maybe sprinkle a little good salt on a square of chocolate. It took me this long to think of that????

    Sure the Bacon chocolate bar has become a bit cliché, but no one can deny it's absolute DOMINATION with Scotch. Doesn't get much better than that.

    Or does it??:

    Well where does one find one of these?

  4. #34
    Team LGK OTTo VoN BLoTTo's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,766
    Liked
    144 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Well where does one find one of these?
    I'm told they were found at Neiman Marcus. But surely SoCal has many better (and cheaper) retailers of Vosges products.

    Happy hunting, Dana!

  5. #35
    All Star Dana's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    7,091
    Liked
    397 times
    Karma
    1015000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OTTo VoN BLoTTo View Post
    I'm told they were found at Neiman Marcus. But surely SoCal has many better (and cheaper) retailers of Vosges products.

    Happy hunting, Dana!
    My dad calls that store Needless Markup.

  6. #36
    fantastic hair. lunchbox's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,486
    Liked
    1259 times
    Karma
    1125100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)

    Default

    I like bacon and I like dark chocolate but I found I don't like them together in a bar. I don't like that smoky greasy aftertaste in my chocolate. I prefer the sea salt bar in the OP of this thread though.

  7. #37
    Gnome sayin'? Jeffrock's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    418
    Liked
    125 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Mom bought me some of this, an old childhood favorite. Talk about yummy nom noms...

  8. #38
    Team LGK OTTo VoN BLoTTo's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,766
    Liked
    144 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    I like bacon and I like dark chocolate but I found I don't like them together in a bar. I don't like that smoky greasy aftertaste in my chocolate. I prefer the sea salt bar in the OP of this thread though.

    I guess it IS a polarizing combination. There is also variation from bar to bar. I've liked some more than others for sure. One, (the very first) the bacon was crispy and perfect. Another it was stringy, fatty, and greasy as you mentioned.

    But wondering, did you chase it with the Scotch?

  9. #39
    fantastic hair. lunchbox's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,486
    Liked
    1259 times
    Karma
    1125100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)

    Default

    Ya, I noticed some crunchy bits (good) and then some stringy bits (yuck). Too bad, I like consistency. But yep, I tried it with scotch. I also tried it without. I wasn't a fan either time. I gotta go get myself a better chocolate bar tout de suite so I can enjoy my scotch appropriately.

  10. #40
    Team LGK OTTo VoN BLoTTo's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,766
    Liked
    144 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

    Default

    Just picked up one of these:



    Scharffen Berger's 68% Dark Milk Chocolate bar. WHOA. Even with a flu-****ed palate, I can still taste this... and it IS GOOOOOOOD. Like the best of both worlds.
    Last edited by OTTo VoN BLoTTo; March 5th, 2010 at 04:57 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28