Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55

Thread: Pinkberry

  1. #1
    Bringing sexy back! SicSemprTyranis's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    675
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default Pinkberry

    So I had heard about this place for a long time. Now I respect a good frozen yogurt as much as the next person, but to wait in line for like an hour was a bit much for me. When I saw they finally had opened locations other than the one in WeHo, I decided to give it a gander.

    I can only say one thing...overrated. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but I certainly would not wait more than 10 minutes in line for it and it practically broke my bank account it was so pricey. I think this place is hot now, but its exapnding too much so the magic of "discovering" it will be gone. I remember Penguins Yogurt was hot in the 80's here in LA and now most of them have closed save for a few. Then in the 90's it was Krispy Kreme. Dare I say the parallel for the Oughties is Pinkberry? I dare.

  2. #2
    Pretty much a jerk Crapgame13's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,196
    Liked
    8 times
    Karma
    1015000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    It's TCBY with cereal

    I'm still mad they closed the Dairy Queen in NoHo

  3. #3
    Mr. Irreverent
    Guest

    Default

    true dat. Nothing special as far as frozen yogurt goes, although the decor is nice, it reminded me of Coconut Grove in Miami...

    When is LA going to get a decent Gelateria??? Hazelnut Gelato. Mmmm

  4. #4
    Kitty Photobomb! Kingsqueen's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    3,087
    Liked
    381 times
    Karma
    1330254
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

    Default

    Loves me some Pinkberry, but I agree, probably a fad food. I actually started a thread a few months ago about it, but no one had tried it yet. I live in WeHo and yeah...Pinkberry (and their imitators) are sprouting up all over the place, which will be good in the summer though, when it's hot as hell....and I won't have to stand in a 30 minute line for it's extreme icy-cold goodness.

  5. #5
    mcsorleyminute
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SicSemprTyranis View Post
    So I had heard about this place for a long time. Now I respect a good frozen yogurt as much as the next person, but to wait in line for like an hour was a bit much for me. When I saw they finally had opened locations other than the one in WeHo, I decided to give it a gander.

    I can only say one thing...overrated. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but I certainly would not wait more than 10 minutes in line for it and it practically broke my bank account it was so pricey. I think this place is hot now, but its exapnding too much so the magic of "discovering" it will be gone. I remember Penguins Yogurt was hot in the 80's here in LA and now most of them have closed save for a few. Then in the 90's it was Krispy Kreme. Dare I say the parallel for the Oughties is Pinkberry? I dare.
    It's all about the cupcake now.
    Yummy Cupcakes in Burbank ($2.50 per homey and fluffy)or Sprinkles in Beverly Hills ($3.50 per and sleek and well designed). Both excellent, IMO.

    Or oddly flavored ice cream/gelato. I like Scoops on the East side of Hollywood (Heliotrope at Melrose). $2 and Ty, the owner, is very generous with the samples.

    Pinkberry's for tourists.

  6. #6
    Bringing sexy back! SicSemprTyranis's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    675
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcsorleyminute View Post
    It's all about the cupcake now.
    Yummy Cupcakes in Burbank ($2.50 per homey and fluffy)or Sprinkles in Beverly Hills ($3.50 per and sleek and well designed). Both excellent, IMO.
    You're right about Sprinkles. Its pretty amazing how much better it tastes than a normal cupcake. I can only imagine the amount of butter in the frosting though! I hear they are looking to expand beyond their current location from friends but I haven't seen anything to back it up yet.

    In terms of simple yogurt, Im a big fan of this chain called Golden Spoon. I've been hitting it up all the time since they opened one by me in Torrance. Decent prices and good flavors.

  7. #7
    Raising a toddler johnmac44's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,505
    Liked
    64 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

    Default

    I love Sprinkles. I go to the one in Newport Beach to get these for special occasions.

  8. #8
    Kitty Photobomb! Kingsqueen's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    3,087
    Liked
    381 times
    Karma
    1330254
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SicSemprTyranis View Post
    You're right about Sprinkles. Its pretty amazing how much better it tastes than a normal cupcake. I can only imagine the amount of butter in the frosting though! I hear they are looking to expand beyond their current location from friends but I haven't seen anything to back it up yet.

    In terms of simple yogurt, Im a big fan of this chain called Golden Spoon. I've been hitting it up all the time since they opened one by me in Torrance. Decent prices and good flavors.
    Yeah, Golden Spoon is pretty tasty for "ice cream" type yogurt. I know that exact location you are talking about....funny, one night I was driving by there with a friend and the "S" on the sign was out, so it just read "Golden poon"...we LMAO'd all the way home about that. If I had had a camera with me, that pic would have been up on LGK that very same night.

  9. #9
    Unfiltered
    Guest

    Default

    Pinkberry going to the Valencia Town Center soon!

    That's right. I like it.
    Last edited by Unfiltered; May 2nd, 2007 at 09:36 PM.

  10. #10
    emfn
    Guest

    Default

    wayyyy overated

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66