Click Here!
Page 229 of 302 FirstFirst ... 129 179 219 227 228 229 230 231 239 279 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 3011
Like Tree809Likes

Thread: The recommend-a-beer thread

  1. #2281
    go
    go is offline
    All Star go's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    6,334
    Liked
    27 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Anyone try the new Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye IPA? Just came out. They have 12 packs at my local Albertsons.

    I had the SN Brown Autumn Ale last week. I know it is almost past freshness date but it is what I eyed when I was at my local liquor store. It was delicious.

    I also picked up Firestone Merlin Oatmeal Stout this weekend. A great beer.

    Beer is the best.

    The only bad beer, or not that great of a beer, I had recently was the Trader Joe's Vintage Ale. I think I just don't like that style.
    Last edited by go; January 23rd, 2012 at 08:35 AM.

  2. #2282
    #SimianNation mitchrock's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    26,816
    Liked
    8005 times
    Karma
    2147039647
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    598 Post(s)

    Default

    Been drinking Cali-Belgique lately. Been hitting the spot.

  3. #2283
    Time wounds all heels. Stormy2213's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,828
    Liked
    431 times
    Karma
    3276905
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)

    Default

    I have no idea how they're getting it here but the local Albertson's has started loading up on Lagunitas Doppel Weizen and they're selling it for $3.99 per 22 oz. bottle. That's a screaming deal. Most places have it at $5.99 - $7.99. I've been picking up 3 bottles at a time. I'm about to crack one open and nurse it through the game. Hopefully it's a better result than the last time I had one - when they lost to COL Saturday.

  4. #2284
    Inland Emperor Azagthoth's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    7,642
    Liked
    62 times
    Karma
    1011232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by go View Post
    Anyone try the new Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye IPA? Just came out. They have 12 packs at my local Albertsons.

    I had the SN Brown Autumn Ale last week. I know it is almost past freshness date but it is what I eyed when I was at my local liquor store. It was delicious.

    I also picked up Firestone Merlin Oatmeal Stout this weekend. A great beer.

    Beer is the best.

    The only bad beer, or not that great of a beer, I had recently was the Trader Joe's Vintage Ale. I think I just don't like that style.
    I killed my 12'er of Ruthless Rye pretty quick! Phenomenal, as is just about everything Sierra Nevada releases. I really love the subtleness of the rye. Brings a nice character and something a little out of the ordinary to the table. Rye beers are really hit or miss - this one is a homerun.
    go and Stormy2213 like this.

  5. #2285
    See disclosure notice




    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,962
    Liked
    629 times
    Karma
    13510000
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daxx1313 View Post
    Just bought two bottles of Sam Adams Infinium, and I'm a little bummed that the recommend it should be consumed by July 2012. It sucks that I'm not supposed to age them.
    Anybody try one these yet?
    So I tried one of the two bottles I bought, and man was it bad.
    Front of palate: warm Coors Light but there is no ceral malt taste and only a faint hoppiness.
    Mid tounge: plasticy and musty
    Aftertaste: coconut water

    **** I was pissed. I spent $25/bottle on this "beer" and could only get down three sips of it. By far and away the worst beer I have ever consumed. I chilled it, let it settle and served it in a champagne flute and it just tasted like crap.

    Avoid this beer at all cost.

    Hey... by the way... anyone want to buy the other one from me?
    Disclosure Notice: The above listed post is that of a disgruntled hockey fan on the internet and in no way should be taken as truth or any substance. It does not reflect the views of the host website or its sponsors. If you are offended, please take a moment to reflect on what was written, and then ask yourself whether or not there should have been a “/sarcasm” next to the statement. If you feel the poster took the comment too far, write a letter to Santa. Maybe that will help.
    Now go away.

  6. #2286
    Time wounds all heels. Stormy2213's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,828
    Liked
    431 times
    Karma
    3276905
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daxx1313 View Post
    So I tried one of the two bottles I bought, and man was it bad.
    Front of palate: warm Coors Light but there is no ceral malt taste and only a faint hoppiness.
    Mid tounge: plasticy and musty
    Aftertaste: coconut water

    **** I was pissed. I spent $25/bottle on this "beer" and could only get down three sips of it. By far and away the worst beer I have ever consumed. I chilled it, let it settle and served it in a champagne flute and it just tasted like crap.

    Avoid this beer at all cost.

    Hey... by the way... anyone want to buy the other one from me?
    I avoid all SA beers. There is nothing of note that they make that is worth my money. It's really nothing but a marketing company anyway. Sorry you spent all that money on that abortion they call Infinium. Hope you can find somebody who will take it off your hands. Good luck

  7. #2287
    Hell yes. UnholyGoalie's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,645
    Liked
    566 times
    Karma
    1076200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

    Default

    Ladyface is not only celebrating their 2nd anniversary, but they also have their 2011 1st Anni Quad, 2010 RIS, and 2010 barleywine on tap. Oh, and the duck confit salad is friggin' righteous.
    daxx and Stormy2213 like this.

  8. #2288
    Inland Emperor Azagthoth's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    7,642
    Liked
    62 times
    Karma
    1011232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy2213 View Post
    I avoid all SA beers. There is nothing of note that they make that is worth my money. It's really nothing but a marketing company anyway. Sorry you spent all that money on that abortion they call Infinium. Hope you can find somebody who will take it off your hands. Good luck
    You are absolutely right - SA is all marketing. They are going to be the next Bud, as in the "great american lager" or whatever you want to call it. Bud is on its way out (they knew it and cashed out at the right time to InBev, InBev's loss), Coors is part American and Miller is UK/South African owned. If I gambled I would invest everything I had into the BBC stock (no, i'm not referring to the porn acronym here). Boston Beer Company will be the next King of Beer.

    I enjoy some SA brews. Many taste the same and are recycled from one another, but I think Boston Lager, Noble Pils, and a couple others are solid efforts for binging if you want a good taste to follow.

  9. #2289
    go
    go is offline
    All Star go's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    6,334
    Liked
    27 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Samuel Adams brews are good for the most part. But I tried their Summer Ale last year. That one was bad. It tasted too much like lemon.

  10. #2290
    FIRE BETTMAN!! BeerMan's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    18,771
    Liked
    8216 times
    Karma
    1040000
    Images
    39
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)

    Default

    SA's Oktoberfest beers aren't all that bad either. they're the only ones I'll buy from SA.

    anyone try their Utopia? the local market has one for $200. the bottle looks nice, though.
    I BELIEVE I'll have another beer!

Page 229 of 302 FirstFirst ... 129 179 219 227 228 229 230 231 239 279 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66