Page 241 of 304 FirstFirst ... 141 191 231 239 240 241 242 243 251 291 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 3033
Like Tree828Likes

Thread: The recommend-a-beer thread

  1. #2401
    go
    go is offline
    All Star go's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    6,334
    Liked
    27 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Stouts are not refreshing at all. That is why I said they are a winter beer.

    You can do what you please.. But you cannot tell me that drinking a stout on a hot summer day is the same as drinking one in the dark days of winter. Same with frizzy lagers. They do the job much better in the summer.

  2. #2402
    Hell yes. UnholyGoalie's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,655
    Liked
    582 times
    Karma
    1081200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by go View Post
    Stouts are not refreshing at all. That is why I said they are a winter beer.

    You can do what you please.. But you cannot tell me that drinking a stout on a hot summer day is the same as drinking one in the dark days of winter. Same with frizzy lagers. They do the job much better in the summer.
    1) As I said in the other thread, I don't drink beer to be refreshed. I drink water to be refreshed. I drink beer to enjoy the beer.
    2) I won't tell you it's the same, but I will tell you it tastes awesome regardless of the season.
    3) I'm so awesome that not only will I drink an imperial stout during the summer, I can enjoy a DIPA (Lagunitas Sucks, or SN Celebration for a regular IPA) in the frigid winter months.

  3. #2403
    FIRE BETTMAN!! BeerMan's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    18,794
    Liked
    8297 times
    Karma
    1045000
    Images
    39
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    193 Post(s)

    Default

    stout in the summer? make an ice cream float out of it. it's damn refreshing as anything!
    mitchrock and jammer06 like this.
    I BELIEVE I'll have another beer!

  4. #2404
    go
    go is offline
    All Star go's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    6,334
    Liked
    27 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    UnholyGoalie... Right... you drink a stout with a BBQ hamburger.. I mean just water... Just pulling your leg.. ;-).. HEY IT IS BEER!

    Beerman- that is a great idea...

    I had an Anderson Valley Hop Ottin IPA last night. Yum.
    Last edited by go; July 19th, 2012 at 08:23 AM.

  5. #2405
    Time wounds all heels. Stormy2213's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,829
    Liked
    431 times
    Karma
    3276905
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by go View Post
    Stouts are not refreshing at all. That is why I said they are a winter beer.
    Well, to each his own. But stout IS very refreshing. Stout isn't always the heavy beer that a lot of folks think it is. It's dark and that scares people off - usually those who think Blue Moon is a good "wheat" beer. If we ever cross paths on a hot summer day, I'll be sure to get you a stout that I KNOW you will enjoy and that will refresh you.
    BeerMan and DRGinLBC like this.

  6. #2406
    mmmmm Taco's jammer06's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,612
    Liked
    6599 times
    Karma
    1147748646
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    999 Post(s)

    Default

    Ok I love a good stout as much as anyone, but last night my brother and I were doing a boys sushi night and honestly we couldn't imagine doing that without a crappy light lager like sapporo. Not that a tastier beer wouldn't be tasty, but it wouldn't feel right.

  7. #2407
    go
    go is offline
    All Star go's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    6,334
    Liked
    27 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy2213 View Post
    Well, to each his own. But stout IS very refreshing. Stout isn't always the heavy beer that a lot of folks think it is. It's dark and that scares people off - usually those who think Blue Moon is a good "wheat" beer. If we ever cross paths on a hot summer day, I'll be sure to get you a stout that I KNOW you will enjoy and that will refresh you.
    Which stout are you talking about? They may not be "heavy", but stouts I know are roasty and dry and sometimes sweet.

    Okay ---- I'll buy a stout next time I am on a beer run. Which one should I get?
    Last edited by go; July 19th, 2012 at 10:33 AM.

  8. #2408
    Time wounds all heels. Stormy2213's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,829
    Liked
    431 times
    Karma
    3276905
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by go View Post
    Which stout are you talking about? They may not be "heavy", but stouts I know are roasty and dry and sometimes sweet.

    Okay ---- I'll buy a stout next time I am on a beer run. Which one should I get?
    Any stout to me, EXCEPT FOR GUINNESS, is acceptable. But go with one of the "lighter" stouts - Sierra Nevada, Deschutes Obsidian, Steelhad Extra Stout. Those are, all 3, solid, nicely made stouts that won't knock your socks off with roast or heaviness or booziness. But in all honesty, right now I'm craving a Green Flash Double Stout. That sounds like nectar right about now.
    UnholyGoalie likes this.

  9. #2409
    Lucky Luc! DRGinLBC's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,847
    Liked
    1548 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    264 Post(s)

    Default

    I like Stormy.
    Stormy2213 likes this.

  10. #2410
    FIRE BETTMAN!! BeerMan's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    18,794
    Liked
    8297 times
    Karma
    1045000
    Images
    39
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    193 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    Ok I love a good stout as much as anyone, but last night my brother and I were doing a boys sushi night and honestly we couldn't imagine doing that without a crappy light lager like sapporo. Not that a tastier beer wouldn't be tasty, but it wouldn't feel right.
    you know, pairing beer with food is a whole nuther story, but to start with, stout with sushi isn't a great idea anyway. lager or pilsner are, however, and so would a pale ale....
    Stormy2213 and UnholyGoalie like this.
    I BELIEVE I'll have another beer!

Page 241 of 304 FirstFirst ... 141 191 231 239 240 241 242 243 251 291 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28